SAIKO

Quidam Saiko album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy QUIDAM Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Haluświaty (Halluworlds) (5:22)
2. ... lato (... summer) (2:41)
3. Obok mam (I Don't Give A Damn) (4:42)
4. Walec (Roller) (4:41)
5. sPotykanie (sTrip) (5:08)
6. Dodekafonix (Dodecaphonics) (4:32)
7. ... jesień (... autumn) (3:13)
8. Ostatecznie (Ultimately) (3:57)
9. ... zima (... winter) (5:02)
10. Saiko (3:03)
11. ... przedwiośnie (... early spring) (5:35)
12. Wiosna (Spring) (5:45)

Total time 53:41

- Mariusz Ziółkowski / bass
- Maciej Wróblewski / drums, percussion, cajon
- Jacek Zasada / flutes, xaphoon

Guest musicians:
- Natalia Grosiak / vocals (4)
- Robert Szydło / acoustic bass, additional guitars (3)
- Witek Dobaczewski / lo-fi harmonica (10)

Recorded in October - November 2011
Produced and mixed by Robert Szydło

Release date: 16.04.2012

CD Rock-Serwis (2012)

Thanks to notaproghead for the addition

QUIDAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUIDAM Saiko Music

SaikoSaiko
Metal Mind Productions

More places to buy QUIDAM music online Buy QUIDAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUIDAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUIDAM Saiko ratings distribution

QUIDAM Saiko reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
2 stars QUIDAM, polish band that was first influenced by Neo Prog but during the course of their career changed album by album.

Saiko (2012) is their most recent work, released in April. Here they're back to the polish lyrics, a charm, I must say, I like bands that sing in their own languages, not only english.

According to the band they used on their 6th studio album the concept 'less is more'. Saying that you can easily note that they're not using any intrincated or complicated passage. They say that you need to listen the album several times before get the soft details in it.

Well, I tried very hard, 4 full listens before even try to write and a fifth while I'm writing. I just can't agree with the band. I can't see an album that shows more and more details as we listen it, we have an album that has not so many things to show, in fact, we have details here and there, but they're not enough to make you pay full attention on it.

Normally a different language may scare you, this is not the thing that bothers, Bartek Kossowicz is a great singer and he giver life to the polish lyrics. 'Haluświaty' starts the album and in a good way and it's true that the song has many small details (thanks to Jacek Zasada flutes), but in general, just a pop song, And the extra low bass tone from Mariusz Ziółkowski doesn't help much. '? lato' comes in the sequence and I start to think that the new producer Robert Szydło, is the responsible for the pop sound I'm listening, he's the producer of many polish pop bands.

The flutes in 'Obok Mam' tell us that something goo is about to begin, but in the end... we something that didn't work, a folk mixed with pop. 'Walec' the one in english is the best track so far. Heavy start, bit different and the Natalia Grosiak vocals makes this a nice track. If you'll do pop do it like on this song!

'sPotykanie' is like COLDPLAY and only now I realise that this isn't a Prog Rock album. When 'Wiosna' ends and so the album I asked myself what the band is really trying to do.

They don't know if they go towards pop or if they stay with their Prog heritage. All I know is that on Saiko (2012) QUIDAM didn't get any of them. We have some beauty moments here and there and if you don't mind listen a pop album (and you shouldn't anyway) it's ok. Now, if you're looking for some Prog Rock, go elsewhere, you'll not find it here.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#841348) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012

Post a review of QUIDAM "Saiko"