HEADLONG FLIGHT

Rush

Rush Headlong Flight album cover

Buy RUSH Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Headlong Flight (7:20)

Search RUSH Headlong Flight lyrics

Search RUSH Headlong Flight tabs

- Geddy Lee / vocals, bass and keyboards
- Alex Lifeson / guitars
- Neil Peart / drums and percussion

Release date: 24th April, 2012
Label: Anthem/Roadrunner Records

Thanks to Daniel de Oliveira for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Headlong Flight Music

The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
21122112
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Mercury 1997
Vapor Trails (Remixed)Vapor Trails (Remixed)
Rhino 2013
Clockwork AngelsClockwork Angels
Roadrunner Records 2012
HemispheresHemispheres
RushRush
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Caress of SteelCaress of Steel
Icon: Rush US $6.39 Buy It Now 37m 33s
RUSH - In Rio - 2003 - CD + DVD - Disc 1 & Disc 2 ONLY - 83672-2 - UPC 0 7567-83 US $5.99 [0 bids]
38m 13s
Rush,CD,Presto US $4.99 Buy It Now 38m 59s
Brian May "Theme From "Rush" Classic Aussie TV Theme7" US $7.45 Buy It Now 42m 43s
LP-Mahogany Rush-IV~ '76 Canadian Hard Rock US $14.99 [0 bids]
44m 36s
Stephanie Mills - You're Puttin' a Rush on Me (1980) LP (G) 12" US $14.96 Buy It Now 45m 37s
RUSH CLOSER TO THE HEART 7" B/W BASTILE DAY + TEMPLE OF THE SYRINX UK US $9.97 Buy It Now 45m 59s
RUSH TIME STAND STILL 7" P/S WITH FORCE TEN UK US $9.97 Buy It Now 49m 15s
RUSH vs FRANCESCO BERGOMI - Quorum - 12" US $17.43 Buy It Now 53m 21s
Picture disc lot Judas priest, rush, kiss gene Simmons, micheal jackson thriller US $75.00 [0 bids]
56m 31s
Paula Abdul - Rush, Rush (Cassette Single, Virgin) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
Rush : Chronicles (2CDs) (1990) US $1.99 [1 bids]
1h
"BIG TIME RUSH CD" 2011 US $4.00 [0 bids]
RUSH - TIME MACHINE: LIVE IN CLEVELAN - RR76655 US $18.90 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Rush (Red 10" Vinyl)The Body Electric-Vertigo--UK-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $99.69 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Rush - The Spirit Of Radio/2112 2 Tracks Sampler [Promo CD] 20+ Min. of Music US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
RUSH - All the World's a Stage 2-LP Record Album No Splits Original EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
RUSH - Retrospective II 1981-87 - 1997 - CD - P2-34910 - UPC 0 20831-2119-2 5 5 US $2.49 [0 bids]
RUSH~VAPOR TRAILS~83531-2 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Rush [Original Score] by Eric Clapton (CD, Jan-1992, Reprise) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Rush / Counterparts JAPAN AMCY-608 1ST PRESS!!!!! *F US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Rush / Roll The Bones JAPAN ORG!!!!! *F US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
MARVIN HOLMES AND THE RUSH EXPERIENCE-S/T-JAPAN MINI LP CD E78 US $26.50 Buy It Now 1h 37m
RUSH MOVING PICTURES : LIVE 2011 180 GRAM VINYL LP + DOWNLOAD SEALED NEW US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
SPEEDY J - BUGMOD - DJ RUSH RMX - TECHNO 12" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Rush Street Richard Marx CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 43m
TOM RUSH LP THE CIRCLE GAME US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
RUSH FEEDBACK/LIVE Sealed Original out of print releases LP W/ STICKER 3 LP Set US $249.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Jennifer Rush Ring of Ice CBS A4745 7" Single US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Tom Rush - No Regrets-Very Best Of Tom Ru [CD New] US $5.85 Buy It Now 2h
TINA TURNER, WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT / DON'T RUSH THE GOOD THINGS (1984) US $1.65 [0 bids]
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush Tales Of The Unexpected CBS LP 1979 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour - 4321129 US $28.65 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Rush - Roll the Bones Tape Rare Metal Anthem 1991 Cassette Canada Prog Rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single THE ALASKA - Rush Gold (1970) MINT- PS US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Bobby Rush Rush Hour NM LP Canada US $10.79 Buy It Now 2h 9m
RUSH-CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR-JAPAN CD H70 US $38.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
TOM RUSH - THE VERY BEST OF TOM RUSH: NO REGRETS - NEW CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 10m
DEF JAM'S RUSH HOUR 2 - SOUNDTRACK - The Island Def Jam 2001 CD US $7.44 Buy It Now 2h 15m
MERRILEE RUSH: Merrilee Rush (rock & pop vinyl LP) cut corner, cover in shrink US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
RUSH,TOM-VERY BEST OF TOM RUSH: NO REGRETS CD NEW US $9.56 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Counterparts [Remaster] by Rush (CD, Aug-2004, Atlantic) US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
You Can't Stop the Bum Rush by Len (CD, May-1999, Work Group) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
ETTA JAMES: Next Door To The Blues / Fools Rush In (soul vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Rush -The Rush Story [DVD] US $42.48 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Flowered Up 45 & PS It's On / Egg Rush (Rock) UK NM US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
RUSH Roll The Bones 1991 CD Dreamline, Ghost of a Chance, Bravado US $2.49 [0 bids]
Different Stages: Live by Rush (CD, Nov-1998, Atlantic) Discs 2 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Working Man: Tribute To Rush CD Sebastian Bach, Steve Morse, Jack Russell US $2.49 [1 bids]
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush the Show [PA] 1987 Cassette Rap US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Moving Pictures - Rush (CD, Jun-1997) Remastered XCLNT Condition FREE Shipping US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
MAHOGANY RUSH LP IV 1V usa issue Columbia 34190 US $29.91 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Tell It to My Heart - Taylor Dayne (CD87) In The Darkness, Don't Rush Me US $1.49 [0 bids]
Moving Pictures [Deluxe] [CD/BLU-RAY] by Rush (CD, Apr-2011, 2 Discs, Mercury) US $23.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
kareem rush cds hold you down--3 mixes promo US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
EVERON - PARADOXES - CASSETTE (Rush, Saga, Dream Theater, Opeth) US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
RUSH-MOVING PICTURES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F45 US $28.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Rush [Original Score] by Eric Clapton (CD, Jan-1992, Reprise) MUSIC US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
RUSH Hemisphere (1978 12" Picture Disc, Mercury SRP-1300) SEALED US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Rush 2 LP Lot! Grace Under Pressure! Power Windows! Masterdisk US $21.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
NEIL YOUNG after the gold rush LP VG W/poster RS 6383 Reprise 1970 Stereo USA US $32.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
RICHARD MARX-Rush Street-Billy Joel-LUTHER VANDROSS-new US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MAGIC SAM/OTIS RUSH/ - SNAKEBITE [MAGIC SAM/OTIS RUSH/BUDDY GUY] - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.15 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Jennifer Rush - The Power Of Love / I See A Shadow (Not A Fantasy) CBS A5003 Ex US $5.80 Buy It Now 3h 31m
ROGER SAUNDERS RUSH Album ex Freedom SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Rush Through Time LP 6337 171 1982 German US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
The Studio Albums 1989-2007 [Box Set] [Box] by Rush (CD, Sep-2013, 7 Discs, Atla US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
2X Neil Young CD's Harvest & After the Gold Rush MINT US $11.62 [0 bids]
V/A Troubadours Of The Folk Era Vol.Two Tom Rush 18 Tracks Very Good Cond CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
TOM RUSH Take A Little Walk With Me SEALED Elektra EKS-7308, Folk Rock, Country US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
TAYLOR DAYNE - DON'T RUSH ME 45 RPM SINGLE US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
NEIL YOUNG, AFTER THE GOLD RUSH - GERMAN PRESS LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
TOM RUSH - VERY BEST OF TOM RUSH: NO REGRETS NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 3h 49m
THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG - Gold Rush - 1986 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single US $11.62 Buy It Now 3h 49m
RUSH LP lot 3 Signals, A Farewell To Kings & All The World's A Stage..all orig. US $20.50 [4 bids]
Rush. Moving pictures record US $24.99 [0 bids]
Rush Roll the Bones Remastered (CD, Aug-2004, Atlantic) Rock New US $6.28 Buy It Now 4h
Rush Caress of Steel (CD, May-1997, Mercury) Remastered Rock New US $6.28 Buy It Now 4h
Rock Promo 45 JENNIFER RUSH Heart over mind on Epic (Promo) 9 US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
TOM RUSH, LADIES LOVE OUTLAWS - LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
VARIOUS ARTISTS " RUSH HOUR " 2 X CD ALBUM EXCELLENT 2004 US $4.14 Buy It Now 4h 8m
RUSH Retrospective II 1981 - 1987 1997 Mercury Records D118806 IFPI L00 US $3.25 [0 bids]
Rock Promo 45 JENNIFER RUSH You're My One and Only on Epic (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Megadeath / Pink Floyd / Primus / Rush Misc Heavy Metal Etc Cassette Tape Lot US $24.00 [0 bids]
Rush A Farewell To Kings 1Y//2 2Y//2 UK Press Mercury 9100 042 Howards Gatefold US $6.23 [0 bids]
Bobby Rush Gotta be funky/gotta find you girl 7" vinyl On Top Records 2000 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
NICE & SMOOTH: Jewel Of The Nile LP RUSH RECORDS 3145233361 US 1994 VG++ US $20.69 Buy It Now 4h 22m
RUSH Geddy LEE The Garden Limited 3,000 RSD Sealed 10" Vinyl Record Store Day US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Rock & Roll 45 & Picture Sleeve - Rick Nelson - Fools Rush In - 1963 US $3.99 [0 bids]
"A Rush of Blood to the Head", by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Pop - Merrilee Rush & The Turnabouts - That Kind Of Woman - 1968 US $1.99 [0 bids]
RUSH A Farewell To Kings (Gatefold) +inner sleeve MERCURY 1977 UK press US $14.94 Buy It Now 4h 33m
BOBBY RUSH - CHICKEN HEADS - GALAXY DJ US $16.62 [0 bids]
Neil Young "After The Gold Rush" Remastered and Reissued on 180 Gram Vinyl NEW! US $22.95 [0 bids]
TOM RUSH the circle game USA ORIGINAL LP Elektra EKS74018 STEREO in SHRINK NM US $17.44 Buy It Now 4h 46m
RUSH all the world's a stage 2 LP set US $16.60 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Pickin' On Gavin Degraw - Rush Of Life: Pickin On Gavin Degraw [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Various Artists - Rush Hour (2 CD 2004) FASTPOST US $6.30 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Tom Rush - Circle Game [CD New] US $13.05 Buy It Now 5h 12m
STRANGLERS DUCHESS / FOOLS RUSH OUT ua / bp 308 US $10.80 Buy It Now 5h 20m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Headlong Flight ratings distribution

RUSH Headlong Flight reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Opening with a spacey tone and a thick Geddy Lee bass riff, it isn't long before Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart come in with a wall of incredibly heavy rhythms, loaded with energy. The vocals range from low to pleading, competing with the onslaught of severely distorted rhythm guitar and impenetrable drums. The frenetic guitar solo over the main bass riff rather reminds me of the instrumental section of "Freewill." This song would not have been out of place on Vapor Trails; for some, that would be an insult, but Vapor Trails happens to be one of my favorite Rush albums. I have grown to appreciate the lyrics: "Some days were dark / some nights were bright;" I'm not sure I'd want to live through all of mine again, but hey, I'm not sixty yet. This is a good song and far better than the previously released singles from Clockwork Angels.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#743837) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Headlong Flight' - Rush (Single)

RUSH was probably the first band I ever really got into. 'Moving Pictures' was the first record I ever bough, and one of the first 'big' shows I ever went to was RUSH. Bottom line; this is a band who earned my love years ago, and regardless of what could ever happen in the future, they have made some of my favourite albums in rock music. Going strong for the better part of half a century, RUSH may also be distinguished by the fact that they have not given up their pursuit of inspired, powerful, and most importantly, relevant music. 'Clockwork Angels' is RUSH's nineteenth album since their debut in '74, and when I heard the first couple of tracks from the album about a year or so ago, I was all the more excited. While 'Caravan' and 'BU2B' only stoked the fires of my excitement, this 'single' tends to work the opposite direction.

'Headlong Flight' is a seven minute track with lyrics apparently concerning the band looking back on their career nostalgically. Although this has all of the potential to be something great, 'Headlong Flight' feels aimless and lacking the conviction I would hope and normally expect from RUSH. RUSH have lost none of their instrumental talent; after a superfluous spacey intro, the drums erupt and it's made clear that the holy triumvirate have lost none of their skill. Although RUSH have been pursuing a more modern rock oriented style in recent albums, the guitar work often alludes to earlier points in their career, specifically the tones of their golden prog era. Whether this is simply meant to fit the theme of the song or more indicative of the album as a whole, it seems like an unfair goad in the case of 'Headlong Flight'. The sounds are here, but the songwriting is not; the instrumentation is well managed and very rock-oriented, but the vocal melodies overtop feel like they were thrown together in a matter of minutes.

Although the instrumentation of RUSH is as strong as ever, Geddy Lee's voice seems to have taken a toll. Although I am of the belief that his matured voice has given him some of his best ever vocal performances, it's clear that the cannot sing the 'high notes' with as much conviction. While I have always appreciated his voice in the past, Lee and RUSH as a whole now have we wondering if 'Clockwork Angels' will be the excellence that 'Caravan' suggested it is, or something like this; nostalgic, functional, yet uninspired.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#744205) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review by Starhammer
2 stars Shades of Bastille Day...

Caravan was excellent, BU2B has grown on me, and this latest single from Rush is decent enough. I especially enjoy the lyrics, which reflect the nostalgic perspective of Peart's drum teacher, Freddie Gruber, before he passed away during the recording of the album.

However I have two bones to pick with Headlong Flight, the first of which is its length. Whilst the vocals and instrumentation are both catchy and hard-hitting, there's just not enough variation or development to keep me engaged for the full seven-and-a-half minutes. In addition, the structure of the piece feels a bit unrefined, with some sections held together with nothing more than glue and paper.

The Verdict: Tepid.

Send comments to Starhammer (BETA) | Report this review (#744737) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars First off, I do enjoy this new single by Rush regardless this can be said not their best effort throughout their music career. Reviewing this single, of course I am not going to factor their ages as musicians but I'd rather compare it objectively as the composition is made by youngsters. For sure Rush music has changed dramatically since Test of Echo or even before that. This kind of music of this single is something similar in style with Snake and Arrows album. The composition is not bad at all as it has quite good tagline melody through Geddy Lee's unique vocal line. The structure is quite straightforward from start to end even though it's not boring at all for my taste - in fact, when the single finishes, I tend to replay it. It's I think because I like the opening basslines by Geddy Lee and secondly I like the consistent voice of Geddy Lee. Alex Lifeson also provides his stunning guitar solo during interlude. Of course you cannot compare with his stunning guitar solo and riffs on classic track like La Villa Strangiato. Yeah, this is different kind of style that is not apple to apple to compare. Neil Peart jaw dropping drum work is still here - he plays dynamically, really. Well, considering the ages of members of Rush, this track is quite rockin', really.

There is basically little changes of mood and styles over the duration of the song. But, I do enjoy Geddy Lee's bass guitar work throughout the passages of the song. Yes, there are some breaks in the song but they band maintain the overall style intact. Oh man ...again... I really enjoy the guitar solo in the middle of the song - it's not that long really .... I want some more! Composition-wise, as it's quite straight forward structurally, there is no question that matters which relate to the structural integrity of the song - yeah, it's there!

Overall, it's really a kicking song and it's rockin'! Salute to Rush!!!!

On personal level, having released this single, Rush is definitely planning to release a new full-fletched album. Having observed Yes, Dream Theater and many rock bands (Iron Maiden for example) have played in my country, I do hope that Rush will do Asia tour as well - so that they would play in Jakarta, Indonesia sometimes next year? Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#746173) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars When I first heard this song on the official youtube channel with that cool video clip I was very excited because Rush had returned to their heavy roots again. The very opening riff is lifted from the glory of 'Bastille Day' and then it is followed by a killer riff. The speed of the track is quite stunning and then Lee chimes in sounding absolutely full of passion and drive; "All the journeys of this great adventure, It didn't always feel that way, I wouldn't trade them because I made them, The best I could, and that's enough to say."

The song really builds to the chorus that changes time sig into a beautiful melodic moderate feel. As soon as I heard the melody of the chorus and the lyrics I was mesmirised. Literally I felt chills down the spine as Lee sings; "I have stoked the fire on the big steel wheels, Steered the airship right across the stars, I learned to fight, I learned to love, I learned to feel, Oh I wish that I could live it all again." The melody is fantastic and the chord changes of Lifeson are brilliant, ranging from low end E to a higher B, and it just rings out so well. The way the song changes seamlessly from a fast tempo to the half time feel is a master touch. This is Rush at their adventurous and heaviest after a long hiatus. The lyrics of this song are inspiring, every line is poetic beauty and it resonates so powerfully in my spirit.

The song moves along driven by that distorted hook and Lee's high register vocals. He has not sounded this good for years. In the half time section there is an instrumental that has some fast Peart drum fills, and a wandering bassline. The guitars are crunchy for a time until Lifeson unleashes a blistering lead solo. The high pitches, and squeals are bliss to my ears. He does not hold back on the wah-wah pedals, fast picking and massive string bends; it is like a tiger loosed from its cage. One has to marvel at this when you compare it to Lifeson's restrained soloing on the last few albums. This is how we love it Rushaholics!

The song returns to the main verse again and that great pre-chorus; "Some days were dark, I wish that I could live it all again, Some nights were bright, I wish that I could live it all again." The chorus to follow cuts out the music for a moment and then Lifeson crashes in ruthlessly with that deep growling distortion. The songs ends abruptly after the next chorus and one riff sends it into Rush history. I am simply in awe of the way Rush have returned to their heavier side and this goes for over 7 minutes. All I can say is I can't wait to hear more from the new "Clockwork Angels". If it is as all as awesome as this we are in for a real treat. Roll on June 12th.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#765336) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2012

4 stars (9/10) I don't understand why this one doesn't get more love. It's heavy in the right places, with a driving riff that really gets the blood pumping, but still shifting well between that and the melody. Geddy's vocals are actually pretty good too (and obviously bass as well), not to mention the r ... (read more)

Report this review (#756431) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Tuesday, May 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars All you supposed "expert" reviewers are out of your minds. Headlong flight is probably my favorite Rush song since the Moving Pictures days. Its ballsy as hell and rocks your face off. It opens with an intriguing and excellent build up which explodes into a heavy as hell opening riff, which has me h ... (read more)

Report this review (#743761) | Posted by Phoenix87x | Tuesday, April 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Headlong Flight"