HEADLONG FLIGHT

Rush

Rush Headlong Flight album cover

Buy RUSH Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Headlong Flight (7:20)

Search RUSH Headlong Flight lyrics

Search RUSH Headlong Flight tabs

- Geddy Lee / vocals, bass and keyboards
- Alex Lifeson / guitars
- Neil Peart / drums and percussion

Release date: 24th April, 2012
Label: Anthem/Roadrunner Records

Thanks to Daniel de Oliveira for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Headlong Flight Music

21122112
Moving PicturesMoving Pictures
Mercury 1997
The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
RushRush
SignalsSignals
Mercury 1997
Rush Hour [Original Soundtrack] [PA] (CD, Sep-1998, Def Jam (USA)) US $1.99 Buy It Now 32m 53s
(249D) Suga Rush Beat Company, Love Breed - DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 37m 51s
Taylor Dayne Don't Rush Me Arista Promo 45 RPM Vinyl SALE ITEM US $2.49 Buy It Now 38m 57s
RUSH In Rio LIMITED EDITION SAMPLER [6 TRACKS] 2003 US $12.99 Buy It Now 42m 21s
Rush New World Man Canada 7" ANS 046 Hard Cardboard Picture Sleeve US $13.49 Buy It Now 43m 12s
RUSH: ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE.. DOUBLE LP US $9.95 [0 bids]
44m 9s
Record Store Day Rush/"Love 7&7 Is" - Side By Side Mystery 7" Vinyl RSD 2014 US $4.99 [0 bids]
44m 58s
RUSH MFSL PERMANENT WAVES Sealed 180 GRAM NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION AUDIOPHILE LP US $239.99 Buy It Now 49m 35s
Adrenaline Rush by Twista US $5.65 Buy It Now 53m 38s
Knucklehedz 12" Single All She Wanted/Hed Rush(Vocal&Instrumental)EW Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 56m 47s
THE TONY WILLIAMS LIFETIME - THE OLD BUMS RUSH - SOUL FUNK LP - PROMO US $9.99 [0 bids]
59m 1s
Rush "Farewell to Kings" 1977 (later press w/barcode) Mercury 822546 VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h
ADRENALIN TECHNO RUSH SAMPLER 12" EP PROMO Sonic Assault DOMINANT EFFECT US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Permanent Waves by Rush Cassette 1980, Mercury) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Tom Rush-S/T double LP FOLK s US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
OTIS RUSH: Tops LP (180 gram reissue) Blues & R&B US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
RUSH - MOVING PICTURES - VG COND. 1981 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Merrilee Rush self titled LP record album US $2.00 [0 bids]
BOBBY RUSH - LOVIN A BIG FAT WOMAN NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Mourning in the Morning by Otis Rush (CD, Mar-2006, Collectables) US $7.53 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Time Machine: Live in Cleveland 2011 [11/8] * [LP] by Rush (Vinyl, Nov-2011,... US $14.24 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Blues, Songs and Ballads [Compilation] by Tom Rush (CD, Fantasy) US $6.73 Buy It Now 1h 22m
NEIL YOUNG * AFTER THE GOLD RUSH (CD, 1987, REPRISE) *ORIG* NM DISK W BOOKLET US $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Z103.5 SUMMER RUSH 2011 - NEW CD US $11.34 Buy It Now 1h 25m
COLTS STAMPEDE - Baltimore Colts Rush to the 1968 Championship (LP, 1969) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
NEIL YOUNG CD - AFTER THE GOLD RUSH US $9.63 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Nick 13 Solo Limited Edition Gold Rush 500 Copies Colored Vinyl Tiger Army US $50.00 [1 bids]
BOBBY RUSH "Upstairs at United Vol. II" LP - RSD 2014 - NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
78RPM Capitol 1536 Walter Schumann w/ Eddie Miller, Fools Rush In, Holiday 4 S V US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Feedback [EP] by Rush (Mini LP CD, Jun-2004, Atlantic (Label)) PROG ROCK US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
NEIL YOUNG After the Gold Rush '70 Reprise 6383 Early Press w/Insert EX US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
(865H) Suga Rush Beat Company, EP - DJ CD US $4.81 Buy It Now 1h 45m
ALBERT KING & OTIS RUSH Door To Door (1969) Vinyl LP VG++ (EX) LP-1538 1ST PRESS US $9.99 [1 bids]
Yo! Bum Rush the Show by Public Enemy -Cassette (1987, Def Jam/Columbia) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
RUSH Rush In Rio Japan 3CDs OBI '03 WPCR-11695/7 w/color booklet US $16.49 [5 bids]
Rush 2112 US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Redman F**K Da Security Rush Def Jam Recording Promo Rap Hip 12" single Record US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Rush by Eric Clapton Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 59m
New 8-Track Tape - After The Gold Rush by Prelude US $9.75 Buy It Now 2h
RUSH "Presto" Atlantic/7 82040-2 (CD, 1989) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
ROBERTA GILLIAM LET'S NOT RUSH IT PROMO NM UNPLAYED? 7IN 45RPM SLSL 152 ACL US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
RUSH-2112-1976-W.GERMANY-ATOMIC LOGO-MERCURY RECORDS 822 545-2 01#-PDO-CD-VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
RUSH-2112-1976-W.GERMANY-ATOMIC LOGO-MERCURY RECORDS 822 545-2 02+-CD-MINT- US $21.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - Double Live 1988 Canadian Canada CD US $7.78 [0 bids]
9781858705231 RUSH Clockwork Angels V NEAR MINT CD QUALITY CHECKED US $11.24 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Rush - 2112 (Deluxe Edition CD+DVD)-Brand New-Still Sealed US $23.71 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Rush "exit stage left" 2 lp sealed 1981 Polygram sealed US $41.99 [1 bids]
INFECKTO don't rush me / bystander 12" RECORD INFECTO INFEKTO DJ BREAKS US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
NATE HARASIM - RUSH (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Bum's Rush by Bum's Rush (CD, Jan-1998, M Rec) Digipak US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
KAY RUSH - PRESENTS UNLIMITED 13 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $46.65 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Rush 12" Force Ten,USA Promo Mint Vinyl US $25.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
NU GIRLS rush on me 12" RECORD PROMO 1989 THE FLY BOYS US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
RUSH ~ SELF TITLED ~ FIRST ALBUM~ MERCURY SRM-1-1011 US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush [LP] (180 Gram, Analog Remaster, gatefold)/SS US $39.60 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Lot of 4 BOBBY RUSH 45s Bowlegged Woman, Studdin You, Man Can Give It, You You US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Otis Rush "So Many Roads Live in Concert" - New/Sealed Delmark Lp US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
RUSH-A FAREWELL TO KINGS-1977-USA-MERCURY REC. P2-22546 DIDY 010958-CRC-CD-MINT US $21.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
VARIOUS PRODUCTION Rush 7" NEW VINYL Various Michael Mann Panta Zoran US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Rush - A Farewell to Kings (CD) US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, Jun-1992, Capitol) US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
RSD Mystery Side By Side 7" Rush / Love 7 And 7 Is US $6.99 [0 bids]
RUSH - SELF TITLED LP ORIGINAL NO BAR CODE EXCELLENT US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
LOT OF 15 CLASSIC ROCK CASSETTES - SOME CHROME CRO2 - RUSH / QUEEN / STONES US $30.29 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Rush A Farewell To Kings USA Cassette Mercury MCR 4 1-1184 NO BAR CODE US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Rush Chronicles USA Cassette 2 Tapes US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Rush Exit Stage Left USA Cassette Tape No Bar Code US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Rush self titled 1974 USA Cassette Tape Mercury MCR4-1-1011 No Bar Code US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Snakes & Arrows by Rush (CD, May-2007, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
LOT OF (7) CASSETTE TAPES DAVID BOWIE TED NUGENT JOE WALSH RUSH DURAN DURAN US $6.25 [0 bids]
WILTON FELDER Japan 1987 Promo NM LP+Obi LOVE IS A RUSH US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Plays The Music Of Rush [Vinyl New] US $20.19 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Snakes & Arrows by Rush (CD, May-2007, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Rush A Farewell To Kings Vinyl Record Album US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Rush cassettes lot of five US $14.99 [0 bids]
Albert King/Otis Rush - Door to Door - on the Chess Records label - 1973 US $17.99 [0 bids]
RUSH ADAMS with Ace Dooley and Son 78 RPM KING dee jay Special DJ Promo EX++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
MAHOGANY RUSH Maxoom orig. US issue 1973 Frank Marino vg+ lp US $9.99 [0 bids]
BABY DOLLS "PLEASE) DON'T RUSH ME" NORTHERN LISTEN! US $20.89 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Vintage RUSH Permanent Waves SRM 1 4001 Vinyl LP Record 1980 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Rush The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987 CD US $9.00 [0 bids]
The Roger Saunders Rush Album BS 2601 Promo Piranha Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Prelude - After The Gold Rush (1974 Island Records ILPS-9282) Used Vinyl LP US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Rush - Signals - Mercury 1982 Vinyl Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rush 8 Track US $4.50 [0 bids]
RUSH Hemispheres LP Record SEALED - RARE - CRC - No Bar Code US $69.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Rush ?- Exit Stage Left SEALED 1st Press 1981 Mercury 2 LP US $49.00 Buy It Now 3h 37m
RUSH HENHOUSE PROMO SHIRT PHOTO FRAME GLASS NOT LP 45 7 10 12 USED LOOK!!! US $149.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Lot of 3 FRANK MARINO & MAHOGANY RUSH LPs- World Anthem, Juggernaut, Power of US $12.99 [0 bids]
Richard Marx Rush Street CD Playing With Fire Love Unemotional Hazard Your World US $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 42m
(LP) TOM RUSH / THE BEST OF / 1975 COLUMBIA RECORDS US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rush Test for Echo Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Rush Presto Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
RUSH-Fly By Night-75/2009 SHM CD US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Rush Roll The Bones Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER ELP Works Vol 1 LP vinyl NM pink floyd rush king crimson Yes US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lot of Hard Rock CD's-Rush, Bryan Adams, Asia, Cheap Trick-Great Buy!! US $4.00 [0 bids]
Warren G I Shot the Sheriff 12" Single Promo 1997 Rush 314573565-1 US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 54m
RUSH Vinyl LP Record Exit Stage Left Gatefold Prog Rock German Press-Mercury US $9.66 [0 bids]
RUSH 2 FULL DECKS OF CARDS IN DISPLAY TIN US $35.18 Buy It Now 3h 57m

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Headlong Flight ratings distribution

RUSH Headlong Flight reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Opening with a spacey tone and a thick Geddy Lee bass riff, it isn't long before Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart come in with a wall of incredibly heavy rhythms, loaded with energy. The vocals range from low to pleading, competing with the onslaught of severely distorted rhythm guitar and impenetrable drums. The frenetic guitar solo over the main bass riff rather reminds me of the instrumental section of "Freewill." This song would not have been out of place on Vapor Trails; for some, that would be an insult, but Vapor Trails happens to be one of my favorite Rush albums. I have grown to appreciate the lyrics: "Some days were dark / some nights were bright;" I'm not sure I'd want to live through all of mine again, but hey, I'm not sixty yet. This is a good song and far better than the previously released singles from Clockwork Angels.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#743837) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Headlong Flight' - Rush (Single)

RUSH was probably the first band I ever really got into. 'Moving Pictures' was the first record I ever bough, and one of the first 'big' shows I ever went to was RUSH. Bottom line; this is a band who earned my love years ago, and regardless of what could ever happen in the future, they have made some of my favourite albums in rock music. Going strong for the better part of half a century, RUSH may also be distinguished by the fact that they have not given up their pursuit of inspired, powerful, and most importantly, relevant music. 'Clockwork Angels' is RUSH's nineteenth album since their debut in '74, and when I heard the first couple of tracks from the album about a year or so ago, I was all the more excited. While 'Caravan' and 'BU2B' only stoked the fires of my excitement, this 'single' tends to work the opposite direction.

'Headlong Flight' is a seven minute track with lyrics apparently concerning the band looking back on their career nostalgically. Although this has all of the potential to be something great, 'Headlong Flight' feels aimless and lacking the conviction I would hope and normally expect from RUSH. RUSH have lost none of their instrumental talent; after a superfluous spacey intro, the drums erupt and it's made clear that the holy triumvirate have lost none of their skill. Although RUSH have been pursuing a more modern rock oriented style in recent albums, the guitar work often alludes to earlier points in their career, specifically the tones of their golden prog era. Whether this is simply meant to fit the theme of the song or more indicative of the album as a whole, it seems like an unfair goad in the case of 'Headlong Flight'. The sounds are here, but the songwriting is not; the instrumentation is well managed and very rock-oriented, but the vocal melodies overtop feel like they were thrown together in a matter of minutes.

Although the instrumentation of RUSH is as strong as ever, Geddy Lee's voice seems to have taken a toll. Although I am of the belief that his matured voice has given him some of his best ever vocal performances, it's clear that the cannot sing the 'high notes' with as much conviction. While I have always appreciated his voice in the past, Lee and RUSH as a whole now have we wondering if 'Clockwork Angels' will be the excellence that 'Caravan' suggested it is, or something like this; nostalgic, functional, yet uninspired.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#744205) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review by Starhammer
2 stars Shades of Bastille Day...

Caravan was excellent, BU2B has grown on me, and this latest single from Rush is decent enough. I especially enjoy the lyrics, which reflect the nostalgic perspective of Peart's drum teacher, Freddie Gruber, before he passed away during the recording of the album.

However I have two bones to pick with Headlong Flight, the first of which is its length. Whilst the vocals and instrumentation are both catchy and hard-hitting, there's just not enough variation or development to keep me engaged for the full seven-and-a-half minutes. In addition, the structure of the piece feels a bit unrefined, with some sections held together with nothing more than glue and paper.

The Verdict: Tepid.

Send comments to Starhammer (BETA) | Report this review (#744737) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars First off, I do enjoy this new single by Rush regardless this can be said not their best effort throughout their music career. Reviewing this single, of course I am not going to factor their ages as musicians but I'd rather compare it objectively as the composition is made by youngsters. For sure Rush music has changed dramatically since Test of Echo or even before that. This kind of music of this single is something similar in style with Snake and Arrows album. The composition is not bad at all as it has quite good tagline melody through Geddy Lee's unique vocal line. The structure is quite straightforward from start to end even though it's not boring at all for my taste - in fact, when the single finishes, I tend to replay it. It's I think because I like the opening basslines by Geddy Lee and secondly I like the consistent voice of Geddy Lee. Alex Lifeson also provides his stunning guitar solo during interlude. Of course you cannot compare with his stunning guitar solo and riffs on classic track like La Villa Strangiato. Yeah, this is different kind of style that is not apple to apple to compare. Neil Peart jaw dropping drum work is still here - he plays dynamically, really. Well, considering the ages of members of Rush, this track is quite rockin', really.

There is basically little changes of mood and styles over the duration of the song. But, I do enjoy Geddy Lee's bass guitar work throughout the passages of the song. Yes, there are some breaks in the song but they band maintain the overall style intact. Oh man ...again... I really enjoy the guitar solo in the middle of the song - it's not that long really .... I want some more! Composition-wise, as it's quite straight forward structurally, there is no question that matters which relate to the structural integrity of the song - yeah, it's there!

Overall, it's really a kicking song and it's rockin'! Salute to Rush!!!!

On personal level, having released this single, Rush is definitely planning to release a new full-fletched album. Having observed Yes, Dream Theater and many rock bands (Iron Maiden for example) have played in my country, I do hope that Rush will do Asia tour as well - so that they would play in Jakarta, Indonesia sometimes next year? Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#746173) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars When I first heard this song on the official youtube channel with that cool video clip I was very excited because Rush had returned to their heavy roots again. The very opening riff is lifted from the glory of 'Bastille Day' and then it is followed by a killer riff. The speed of the track is quite stunning and then Lee chimes in sounding absolutely full of passion and drive; "All the journeys of this great adventure, It didn't always feel that way, I wouldn't trade them because I made them, The best I could, and that's enough to say."

The song really builds to the chorus that changes time sig into a beautiful melodic moderate feel. As soon as I heard the melody of the chorus and the lyrics I was mesmirised. Literally I felt chills down the spine as Lee sings; "I have stoked the fire on the big steel wheels, Steered the airship right across the stars, I learned to fight, I learned to love, I learned to feel, Oh I wish that I could live it all again." The melody is fantastic and the chord changes of Lifeson are brilliant, ranging from low end E to a higher B, and it just rings out so well. The way the song changes seamlessly from a fast tempo to the half time feel is a master touch. This is Rush at their adventurous and heaviest after a long hiatus. The lyrics of this song are inspiring, every line is poetic beauty and it resonates so powerfully in my spirit.

The song moves along driven by that distorted hook and Lee's high register vocals. He has not sounded this good for years. In the half time section there is an instrumental that has some fast Peart drum fills, and a wandering bassline. The guitars are crunchy for a time until Lifeson unleashes a blistering lead solo. The high pitches, and squeals are bliss to my ears. He does not hold back on the wah-wah pedals, fast picking and massive string bends; it is like a tiger loosed from its cage. One has to marvel at this when you compare it to Lifeson's restrained soloing on the last few albums. This is how we love it Rushaholics!

The song returns to the main verse again and that great pre-chorus; "Some days were dark, I wish that I could live it all again, Some nights were bright, I wish that I could live it all again." The chorus to follow cuts out the music for a moment and then Lifeson crashes in ruthlessly with that deep growling distortion. The songs ends abruptly after the next chorus and one riff sends it into Rush history. I am simply in awe of the way Rush have returned to their heavier side and this goes for over 7 minutes. All I can say is I can't wait to hear more from the new "Clockwork Angels". If it is as all as awesome as this we are in for a real treat. Roll on June 12th.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#765336) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2012

4 stars (9/10) I don't understand why this one doesn't get more love. It's heavy in the right places, with a driving riff that really gets the blood pumping, but still shifting well between that and the melody. Geddy's vocals are actually pretty good too (and obviously bass as well), not to mention the r ... (read more)

Report this review (#756431) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Tuesday, May 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars All you supposed "expert" reviewers are out of your minds. Headlong flight is probably my favorite Rush song since the Moving Pictures days. Its ballsy as hell and rocks your face off. It opens with an intriguing and excellent build up which explodes into a heavy as hell opening riff, which has me h ... (read more)

Report this review (#743761) | Posted by Phoenix87x | Tuesday, April 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Headlong Flight"