HEADLONG FLIGHT

Rush

Rush Headlong Flight album cover

Buy RUSH Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Headlong Flight (7:20)

Search RUSH Headlong Flight lyrics

Search RUSH Headlong Flight tabs

- Geddy Lee / vocals, bass and keyboards
- Alex Lifeson / guitars
- Neil Peart / drums and percussion

Release date: 24th April, 2012
Label: Anthem/Roadrunner Records

Thanks to Daniel de Oliveira for the addition

RUSH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RUSH Headlong Flight Music

The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Mercury 2003
A Farewell to KingsA Farewell to Kings
Permanent WavesPermanent Waves
Garden [Analog] Rush LP Record US $46.85 Buy It Now 35m 50s
Clockwork Angels (2lp) [Analog] Rush LP Record US $95.18 Buy It Now 35m 51s
Rock Pop cD MTV Unplugged by 10,000 Maniacs These are Days,Gold Rush Brides US $0.75 [0 bids]
37m 23s
Rush, Stephen Quartet Hymn for Roscoe CD US $4.03 Buy It Now 59m 51s
Tom Rush Tom Rush CD US $35.42 Buy It Now 1h
Richard Marx,CD,Rush Street US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
Very Best of Tom Rush: No Regrets Tom Rush Audio CD US $28.49 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Rush - Rush NEW 40th Ann Reissue Ltd Edition 200G w/Poster, MP4 US $50.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Cali Rush,General Trees,SEALED CD,First Step,T-Dread,ARP,Rosie B,Hiali Maskell,F US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Rush - Icon CD 2010 Mercury US $0.99 [1 bids]
(LP) TOM RUSH / THE BEST OF / 1975 COLUMBIA RECORDS US $3.99 [0 bids]
(LP) TOM RUSH / THE CIRCLE GAME / ELEKTRA RECORDS US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bob & Doug McKenzie CD..THE Great White North ..GEDDY LEE..RUSH US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
24 K GOLD AUDIO FIDELITY Roll the Bones [Slipcase] by Rush CD, Jul-2011 US $35.99 [0 bids]
Test for Echo by Rush CD PROG ROCK US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
great tom rush-33rpm US $5.50 [0 bids]
Rush of Fools : Rush of Fools CD (2007), Christian Music US $5.49 [0 bids]
RUSH. ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE. 2 LPS TRIFOLD. MERCURY. 1976. PROGRESSIVE ROCK. US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush The Show LP Vinyl RI NEW US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Rush - Retrospective, Vol. 1 (1974-1980) CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
POPDREAMS & AND ROCKTRACKS-Iron Maiden-RUSH-Elp-YES- BRAND NEW UNOPENED CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 29m
RUSH. SIGNAL. PICTURE SLEEVE. MERCURY. SRM-1-4063. 1982. PROGRESSIVE ROCK. US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Rupert Hine-The Wildest Wish To Fly-LP NEAR MINT!!!w/Marianne Faithfull ! (RUSH) US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
2 RUSH CDs: Hold Your Fire & Presto TIME STAND STILL Show Don't Tell FORCE TEN US $2.99 [0 bids]
rush lp power windows 422 826 098-1 m-1 w/inner ~ Very Good ~RL Robert Ludwig US $9.95 [0 bids]
Rush - Signals - Mercury 1982 Vinyl Record New Sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
Mahogany Rush live record US $14.50 Buy It Now 1h 41m
RUSH / LOVE 7 AND 7 IS MYSTERY SIDE BY SIDE RSD RECORD STORE DAY 2014 LP Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
RUSH In The Mood/What You're Doing CANADIAN 1ST 45 -7" SINGLE Very Rare US $45.41 [0 bids]
Rush Street by Richard Marx (CD, Nov-1991, Capitol/EMI Records) German Pressing US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Rush - Fly By Night - Original Vinyl LP US $8.50 [3 bids]
Rust Street (CD) by Richard Marx (Rush St.) US $1.25 Buy It Now 1h 52m
BOBBY RUSH 45rpm ** "I'M GONE"" ** Blues US $9.99 [0 bids]
Grace Under Pressure [Remaster] by Rush (CD, Jul-1997, Mercury) US $4.99 [0 bids]
RUSH**2003: IN RIO: LIVE**3 CD SET US $18.86 Buy It Now 2h
MAHOGANY RUSH - CHOPIN: BALLADES NOS. 1-4; SCHERZOS NOS. 1-4 - NEW CD US $8.80 Buy It Now 2h 2m
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (CD, Aug-2002, Capitol) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Rush, A Farewell to Kings Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
RUSH HEISPHERES CD 1978 Mercury Records, rock, pop US $6.99 [0 bids]
Fly by Night [Remaster] by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury), rock, pop US $6.99 [0 bids]
A Farewell to Kings by Rush 8 track tape tested US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Dunger, Nicolai Soul Rush CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Rush ?- A Farewell To Kings CD (1977) Anthem Records ANK-1010 Canada US $5.50 [1 bids]
Rush ?- A Show Of Hands CD (1989) Anthem Records WAGK-1055 Canada US $5.50 [1 bids]
Cold Play "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
RUSH - 2112 - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD - SRM-1-1079 NEAR MINT (NM) US $13.55 [6 bids]
Rush ?- Caress Of Steel CD (1975) Anthem Records ANC-1-1003 Canada US $11.27 [9 bids]
Rush ?- Counterparts CD (1993) Anthem Records ANK-1067 Canada US $5.50 [0 bids]
Rush ?- Exit...Stage Left CD (1981) Anthem Records WAGK-1035 Canada US $5.50 [1 bids]
Rush ?- Fly By Night CD (1975) Anthem Records ANC-1-1002 Canada US $22.51 [9 bids]
Rush ?- Roll The Bones CD (1991) Anthem Records ANK-1064 Canada US $5.50 [0 bids]
Rush ?- Test For Echo CD (1996) Anthem Records ANSD-1073 Canada US $5.50 [1 bids]
Petra-This Means War CD ac/dc, rush, newsboys, whitecross, tourniquet US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rush ?- Grace Under Pressure CD (1984) Anthem Records ANK-1045 Canada US $8.50 [2 bids]
Rush ?- Hemispheres CD (1978) Anthem Records WANK-1014 Canada US $17.00 [6 bids]
Rush ?- Power Windows CD (1985) Anthem Records VANK-1049 Canada US $5.50 [1 bids]
RUSH "ALL THE WORLDS A STAGE" MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE HARD ROCK EX! US $4.69 [0 bids]
Rush ?- Rush 1st CD (1974) Anthem Records ANC-1-1001 Canada US $42.50 [14 bids]
Rush ?- Signals CD (1982) Mercury Records 810 002-2 USA US $5.50 [1 bids]
Nice & Smooth - How to Flow Vinyl 12" Single 1991 Rush 44 74092 No Sleeve US $3.99 [0 bids]
RUSH - "SIGNALS" - 1982 COLLECTIBLE LP - MERCURY RECORDS - SRM1-4063 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
DOT Promo 45 Joe Stampley Soul Song ^ Special Rush Service ^ Audition Copy US $10.00 [0 bids]
RUSH "HOLD YOUR FIRE" MUSIC TAPE HARD ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Tom Rush/Take A Little Walk With Me [Remaster] by Tom Rush (CD, Oct-2001,... US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Retrospective, Vol. 1 (1974-1980) by Rush (CD, May-1997, Mercury) US $1.24 [0 bids]
Rush All the World's a Stage 1976 Double Stereo LP VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rush Hemispheres 1978 Stereo LP VG++ US $14.99 [0 bids]
Rush Permanent Waves 1980 Stereo LP VG++ US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rush Moving Pictures 1981 LP VG++ US $12.99 [0 bids]
Rush Fly by Night 1975 Stereo LP VG++ US $24.99 [0 bids]
Rush Grace Under Pressure 1984 LP VG++ US $10.99 [0 bids]
RUSH "PRESTO" MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE HARD ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Rush The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987 CD US $9.00 [0 bids]
JENNIFER RUSH LLAMAS DEL PARAISO Flames of Paradise feat Elton John ARG PROMO 7" US $56.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Taylor Dayne Dont Rush Me Record 7 Inch Vinyl Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
RUSH - S/T LP (1st US MASTERDISK G.K Pressing on "skyline" MERCURY, Debut Album) US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
RUSH - Fly By Night LP (RARE German Import, 2nd Album) US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
RUSH - All the World's a Stage LP (1st US Pressing w/"Tri-Fold" Cover) US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
FRANK MARINO & MAHOGANY RUSH - Strange Universe LP (1st US Press on 20th Cent.) US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
NELSON, RICKY FOOLS RUSH IN M- $50.00 US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
RUSH Closer to the Heart CANADIAN 7" SINGLE w/ Picture Sleeve VERY RARE US $68.11 [0 bids]
RSD Mystery Side By Side 7" Rush / Love 7 And 7 Is US $6.99 [0 bids]
MINISTER LAWRENCE RUSH+THE UPPERROOM-NEVER ALONE-RARE OOP GOSPEL CD-10 TRACKS US $3.00 [0 bids]
COLTS STAMPEDE - Baltimore Colts Rush to the 1968 Championship record US $18.00 [0 bids]
*N/M* Tom Rush "The Circle Game" US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
1974 Masterdisk Rock LP : Rush ~ Lifeson ~ Rutsey ~ Lee ~ Mercury SRM 1-1001 US $40.00 [0 bids]
RUSH-Counterparts-CANADA-Heavy-HARD-Arena-CLASSIC-Rock-Synthsizers-GEDDY LEE-CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Adrenaline Rush 2007 [PA] by Twista (CD ONLY) US $4.99 [0 bids]
3h
Adrenaline Rush [PA] by Twista (CD ONLY) US $4.99 [0 bids]
3h
Dare Iz a Darkside by Redman (CD, Nov-1994, RAL (Rush Associated Labels)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Rush - Nate Harasim New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.49 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Rush Hour 2 [PA] by Original Soundtrack (CD ONLY) US $4.99 [0 bids]
You Can't Stop the Bum Rush by Len (CD, May-1999, Work Group) US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
The Rush Hour Refresher by Michael Reed Gach CASSETTE / NEAR MINT / ACUPRESSURE US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
9 MINT RUSH LPS 2112 Moving Pictures ARCHIVES Caress of Steel LIVE Hemispheres US $67.00 [17 bids]
Lot of 3 Reel to Reel Tapes Neil Young After Gold Rush, Paul Revere, The Rascals US $89.95 Buy It Now 3h 12m
1998 rare factory sealed cd - Give My Regards To Rush Street McCartney Beatles US $24.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RUSH music online Buy RUSH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RUSH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RUSH Headlong Flight ratings distribution

RUSH Headlong Flight reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Opening with a spacey tone and a thick Geddy Lee bass riff, it isn't long before Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart come in with a wall of incredibly heavy rhythms, loaded with energy. The vocals range from low to pleading, competing with the onslaught of severely distorted rhythm guitar and impenetrable drums. The frenetic guitar solo over the main bass riff rather reminds me of the instrumental section of "Freewill." This song would not have been out of place on Vapor Trails; for some, that would be an insult, but Vapor Trails happens to be one of my favorite Rush albums. I have grown to appreciate the lyrics: "Some days were dark / some nights were bright;" I'm not sure I'd want to live through all of mine again, but hey, I'm not sixty yet. This is a good song and far better than the previously released singles from Clockwork Angels.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#743837) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Headlong Flight' - Rush (Single)

RUSH was probably the first band I ever really got into. 'Moving Pictures' was the first record I ever bough, and one of the first 'big' shows I ever went to was RUSH. Bottom line; this is a band who earned my love years ago, and regardless of what could ever happen in the future, they have made some of my favourite albums in rock music. Going strong for the better part of half a century, RUSH may also be distinguished by the fact that they have not given up their pursuit of inspired, powerful, and most importantly, relevant music. 'Clockwork Angels' is RUSH's nineteenth album since their debut in '74, and when I heard the first couple of tracks from the album about a year or so ago, I was all the more excited. While 'Caravan' and 'BU2B' only stoked the fires of my excitement, this 'single' tends to work the opposite direction.

'Headlong Flight' is a seven minute track with lyrics apparently concerning the band looking back on their career nostalgically. Although this has all of the potential to be something great, 'Headlong Flight' feels aimless and lacking the conviction I would hope and normally expect from RUSH. RUSH have lost none of their instrumental talent; after a superfluous spacey intro, the drums erupt and it's made clear that the holy triumvirate have lost none of their skill. Although RUSH have been pursuing a more modern rock oriented style in recent albums, the guitar work often alludes to earlier points in their career, specifically the tones of their golden prog era. Whether this is simply meant to fit the theme of the song or more indicative of the album as a whole, it seems like an unfair goad in the case of 'Headlong Flight'. The sounds are here, but the songwriting is not; the instrumentation is well managed and very rock-oriented, but the vocal melodies overtop feel like they were thrown together in a matter of minutes.

Although the instrumentation of RUSH is as strong as ever, Geddy Lee's voice seems to have taken a toll. Although I am of the belief that his matured voice has given him some of his best ever vocal performances, it's clear that the cannot sing the 'high notes' with as much conviction. While I have always appreciated his voice in the past, Lee and RUSH as a whole now have we wondering if 'Clockwork Angels' will be the excellence that 'Caravan' suggested it is, or something like this; nostalgic, functional, yet uninspired.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#744205) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review by Starhammer
2 stars Shades of Bastille Day...

Caravan was excellent, BU2B has grown on me, and this latest single from Rush is decent enough. I especially enjoy the lyrics, which reflect the nostalgic perspective of Peart's drum teacher, Freddie Gruber, before he passed away during the recording of the album.

However I have two bones to pick with Headlong Flight, the first of which is its length. Whilst the vocals and instrumentation are both catchy and hard-hitting, there's just not enough variation or development to keep me engaged for the full seven-and-a-half minutes. In addition, the structure of the piece feels a bit unrefined, with some sections held together with nothing more than glue and paper.

The Verdict: Tepid.

Send comments to Starhammer (BETA) | Report this review (#744737) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars First off, I do enjoy this new single by Rush regardless this can be said not their best effort throughout their music career. Reviewing this single, of course I am not going to factor their ages as musicians but I'd rather compare it objectively as the composition is made by youngsters. For sure Rush music has changed dramatically since Test of Echo or even before that. This kind of music of this single is something similar in style with Snake and Arrows album. The composition is not bad at all as it has quite good tagline melody through Geddy Lee's unique vocal line. The structure is quite straightforward from start to end even though it's not boring at all for my taste - in fact, when the single finishes, I tend to replay it. It's I think because I like the opening basslines by Geddy Lee and secondly I like the consistent voice of Geddy Lee. Alex Lifeson also provides his stunning guitar solo during interlude. Of course you cannot compare with his stunning guitar solo and riffs on classic track like La Villa Strangiato. Yeah, this is different kind of style that is not apple to apple to compare. Neil Peart jaw dropping drum work is still here - he plays dynamically, really. Well, considering the ages of members of Rush, this track is quite rockin', really.

There is basically little changes of mood and styles over the duration of the song. But, I do enjoy Geddy Lee's bass guitar work throughout the passages of the song. Yes, there are some breaks in the song but they band maintain the overall style intact. Oh man ...again... I really enjoy the guitar solo in the middle of the song - it's not that long really .... I want some more! Composition-wise, as it's quite straight forward structurally, there is no question that matters which relate to the structural integrity of the song - yeah, it's there!

Overall, it's really a kicking song and it's rockin'! Salute to Rush!!!!

On personal level, having released this single, Rush is definitely planning to release a new full-fletched album. Having observed Yes, Dream Theater and many rock bands (Iron Maiden for example) have played in my country, I do hope that Rush will do Asia tour as well - so that they would play in Jakarta, Indonesia sometimes next year? Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#746173) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars When I first heard this song on the official youtube channel with that cool video clip I was very excited because Rush had returned to their heavy roots again. The very opening riff is lifted from the glory of 'Bastille Day' and then it is followed by a killer riff. The speed of the track is quite stunning and then Lee chimes in sounding absolutely full of passion and drive; "All the journeys of this great adventure, It didn't always feel that way, I wouldn't trade them because I made them, The best I could, and that's enough to say."

The song really builds to the chorus that changes time sig into a beautiful melodic moderate feel. As soon as I heard the melody of the chorus and the lyrics I was mesmirised. Literally I felt chills down the spine as Lee sings; "I have stoked the fire on the big steel wheels, Steered the airship right across the stars, I learned to fight, I learned to love, I learned to feel, Oh I wish that I could live it all again." The melody is fantastic and the chord changes of Lifeson are brilliant, ranging from low end E to a higher B, and it just rings out so well. The way the song changes seamlessly from a fast tempo to the half time feel is a master touch. This is Rush at their adventurous and heaviest after a long hiatus. The lyrics of this song are inspiring, every line is poetic beauty and it resonates so powerfully in my spirit.

The song moves along driven by that distorted hook and Lee's high register vocals. He has not sounded this good for years. In the half time section there is an instrumental that has some fast Peart drum fills, and a wandering bassline. The guitars are crunchy for a time until Lifeson unleashes a blistering lead solo. The high pitches, and squeals are bliss to my ears. He does not hold back on the wah-wah pedals, fast picking and massive string bends; it is like a tiger loosed from its cage. One has to marvel at this when you compare it to Lifeson's restrained soloing on the last few albums. This is how we love it Rushaholics!

The song returns to the main verse again and that great pre-chorus; "Some days were dark, I wish that I could live it all again, Some nights were bright, I wish that I could live it all again." The chorus to follow cuts out the music for a moment and then Lifeson crashes in ruthlessly with that deep growling distortion. The songs ends abruptly after the next chorus and one riff sends it into Rush history. I am simply in awe of the way Rush have returned to their heavier side and this goes for over 7 minutes. All I can say is I can't wait to hear more from the new "Clockwork Angels". If it is as all as awesome as this we are in for a real treat. Roll on June 12th.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#765336) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2012

4 stars (9/10) I don't understand why this one doesn't get more love. It's heavy in the right places, with a driving riff that really gets the blood pumping, but still shifting well between that and the melody. Geddy's vocals are actually pretty good too (and obviously bass as well), not to mention the r ... (read more)

Report this review (#756431) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Tuesday, May 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars All you supposed "expert" reviewers are out of your minds. Headlong flight is probably my favorite Rush song since the Moving Pictures days. Its ballsy as hell and rocks your face off. It opens with an intriguing and excellent build up which explodes into a heavy as hell opening riff, which has me h ... (read more)

Report this review (#743761) | Posted by Phoenix87x | Tuesday, April 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RUSH "Headlong Flight"