STÜRMISCHER HIMMEL

Anima-Sound Stürmischer Himmel  album cover

Buy ANIMA-SOUND Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Show Mää Show (9:55)
2. It Loves Want To Have Done It (2:50)
3. Feel Like A Bone (6:04)
4. How To Dream - You (6:39)
5. The Weather (12:09)

Search ANIMA-SOUND Stürmischer Himmel lyrics

Search ANIMA-SOUND Stürmischer Himmel tabs

- Limpe Fuchs and Paul Fuchs / All instruments and effects

Ohr LP
Spalax CD reissue

Thanks to philippe for the addition

ANIMA-SOUND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANIMA-SOUND Stürmischer Himmel Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
0 result found for "ANIMA-SOUND"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy ANIMA-SOUND music online Buy ANIMA-SOUND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANIMA-SOUND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANIMA-SOUND Stürmischer Himmel ratings distribution

ANIMA-SOUND Stürmischer Himmel reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams
4 stars Another Krautrock obscurity created / released in 1971 from Germany.

ANIMA (ANIMA SOUND / ANIMA MUSICA), a German experimental / avantgarde / folk music duo founded by a sculptor Paul FUCHS (horns, voices) and his partner Limpe FUCHS (percussion, voices), had burst upon the early 70s Krautrock scene and launched two official releases. This "Stürmischer Himmel", released in 1971 as their debut work, definitely notifies us of their innovative music tribalism and experimental crossover between human beings and animals upon the soundgarden. There are five tracks, each of which can be divided in some pieces, but I guess it may be nonsense we go into details about each piece. Let me say this whole album should be one world of mixture, constructed by such an intriguing duo.

Anyway what a mystery. Always wondering why I can get quite relaxed under such an experimental / quirky sound cloud. Sounds like they should be in a mind-altering state formed either by their meditative tribal sound stream or by some hallucinogenic agents (especially the former I believe) and they sang or shouted flexibly as though they'd got animalized or got possessed by animal spirits. Suggest they should have got completely deaf whilst playing for this album (or on stage). Yes their horn section and percussion were pretty simple and straight indeed, but they might squeeze their "mind expanded fully" into their soundscape I imagine. Sometimes quiet and gentle, and sometimes enthusiastic and crazy ... the two animalized naked humans could give freedom of expression perfectly.

In conclusion, they played "rock" definitely. "Rock" can be defined as rebellion / invasion against the existing music scene. They'd completed this "rock" creation under such a hallucinogenic trip, what a fantastic matter really.

Review by Dobermensch
1 stars 'Stürmischer Himmel' begins promisingly - for a full 6 seconds - with the pretty sound of bleating lambs but is on an immediate downward slope as it becomes abundantly clear that this was recorded on a windy day. They couldn't even be bothered to wait until the gale died down. Horrible microphone distortion is basically all you'll remember on this field recording.

God's teeth! What have I done to deserve such punishment? Listening to Anima Sound is as annoying as watching a chicken try to fly - clumsy, ugly, ungainly and doomed to failure. Replete with simply atrocious production values the two members of this band bash, blow and warble incoherently and tunelessly for the best part of 40 minutes. All the while deep furrows appear on my forehead throughout its duration.

All sounds are acoustic and quite frankly sound awful. It's as though it was recorded on one track direct to a 1970 BASF blank cassette. Everything appears tinny and distant. There's no depth of sound whatsoever. Even the drug addled vocals by the amusingly named Limpe Fuchs lend nothing to it's enhancement. Usually crazy people make hilarious listening when recorded, this however, is deeply irritating. It basically sounds like two corpses from 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' have been given instruments they've never seen before and have been told to record on the spot at gunpoint - or else suffer the consequences.

To cut it short - 'Stürmischer Himmel' sounds like a walrus with a bugle strapped to it's muzzle trying to escape from a wardrobe as a loud shouting woman covered in cymbals tries to rescue the creature using clubs and hammers.

Whilst not the poorest record I've reviewed by a long shot (see Hairy Chapter, Gnidrolog or Chillum) it's certainly the most disappointing due to the enthusiasm I held before hearing it. Partucularly as it was on the 'Nurse With Wound' list. Oh well, I guess I should look on the bright side - at least I've lost my copy of the follow-up 'Musik Für Alle'. If I remember correctly, it was even worse than this.

By the end of this recording I'm in such a stupor that I must look like Frankenstein's monster gazing in wonder at his first daisy just before he drowns that little girl by the pond.

Post a review of ANIMA-SOUND "Stürmischer Himmel "