HAVE A SEAT

Inner Odyssey

Inner Odyssey Have A Seat album cover

Buy INNER ODYSSEY Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Light Years Away: Part I (Tides of Fate) (2:44)
2. Light Years Away: Part II (Shades of Heaven) (3:25)
3. Light Years Away: Part III (Distant Illusion) (10:09)
4. Blank Sheet Syndrome (9:11)
5. Sinking (The Journey of Sin Part I) (7:39)
6. Part of Her (2:48)
7. Grazed, Haunted & Besmirched 13:14)
8. The Meaning of Dying (The Journey of Sin Part II) (6:05)
9. Dehumanize Me (13:23)

- Mathieu Chamberland / piano and keyboards
- Étienne Doyon / drums, vocals

Released: November 19th, 2011

Thanks to Rune2000 for the addition

INNER ODYSSEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy INNER ODYSSEY Have A Seat Music

Have a SeatHave a Seat
Unicorn Digital Inc. 2013

More places to buy INNER ODYSSEY music online Buy INNER ODYSSEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for INNER ODYSSEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

INNER ODYSSEY Have A Seat ratings distribution

INNER ODYSSEY Have A Seat reviews

Review by rdtprog
COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
4 stars The music on this CD is a work of art, all resemblances with the reality or other type of music is accidental, or almost... Those words summed up my thoughts after listening this prog metal CD from this Quebec band.

From the spacey intro and the ballad type of song, i couldn't tell if it was a metal band, until the third part of "Light Years Away", where the music expand on the metal side with the keyboards up front and a fast tempo typical of Dream Theater. I could hear the same Petrucci's guitar sound and even the Jordan Rudess's keyboards.There is numerous tempo change from fast to super fast with a solid rhythm section, and a singer that doesn't have the perfect voice, but manage to do a good job to go along plenty of long instrumental passages. Some Dream Theater's influences are pretty obvious, the influences of their first period and their more heavy oriented period. The song "Blank Sheet Syndrome" has a short piano passage that is a ripoff of "The Mirror" from the Awake CD of Dream Theater.

I don't say that it's a total copy of the leader of the prog metal genre, it's more than that, especially with the song "Sinking" who contains again a spacey intro and the most variety of moods among all the tracks here. With some piano, acoustic and quieter passages, the band has succeed to keep the music interesting from start to finish despite some repeated themes and a lot of metal passages. It's never too heavy and too far away from progressive rock, so for that reason it should appeal also to the progressive rock audience, especially to those who enjoy Dream Theater.

Send comments to rdtprog (BETA) | Report this review (#801563) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 07, 2012

5 stars Great Debut from prog metal band from Quebec When I first heard of Inner Odyssey, I was very interest since I live in Quebec and like progressive metal. So I got my copy of Have A Seat and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another copy of prog metal bands like Dream Theater or Symphony ... (read more)

Report this review (#770035) | Posted by Wilgod3p | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of INNER ODYSSEY "Have A Seat"