CHILDHOOD'S END

Ulver Childhood's End album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ULVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

01. Bracelets of Fingers (Pretty Things Cover) (4:12)
02. Lament of the Astral Cowboy (Curt Boettcher Cover) (3:25)
03. Can You Travel in the Dark Alone? (Gandalf Cover) (2:33)
04. Soon There Will Be Thunder (Common People Cover) (2:54)
05. Today (Jefferson Airplane Cover) (3:20)
06. Street Song (13th Floor Elevators Cover) (4:02)
07. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (Troggs Cover) (2:54)
08. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night (Electric Prunes Cover) (5:14)
09. I Can See the Light (Les Fleurs De Lys Cover) (3:22)
10. The Trap (Bonniwell's Music Machine Cover) (4:03)
11. Everybody's Been Burned (Byrds Cover) (3:15)
12. Dark is the Bark (Left Banke Cover) (2:27)
13. Living in the Past (Chocolate Watch Band Cover) (2:44)
14. Velvet Sunsets (Music Emporium Cover) (2:14)
15. Magic Hollow (Beau Brummels Cover) (3:14)
16. Where is Yesterday (United States of America Cover) (3:58)

Search ULVER Childhood's End lyrics

Search ULVER Childhood's End tabs

Thanks to lss28 for the addition

ULVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ULVER Childhood's End Music

Perdition CityPerdition City
MSI:JESTER RECORDINGS 2006
KveldssangerKveldssanger
Head Not Found 2001
Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And HellThemes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And Hell
Jester Norway 2006
BergtattBergtatt
Head Not Found N'way 2001
Messe I.X - VI.XMesse I.X - VI.X
Kscope 2013
Shadows of the SunShadows of the Sun
The End Records 2007
Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)
Century Media 1997
Live at Norwegian National OperaLive at Norwegian National Opera
Kscope 2013
Childhood's EndChildhood's End
KSCOPE 2012
BURZUM-FILOSOFEM-POSTER-BLACK METAL-DEATH-MAYHEM-BEHERIT-BATHORY-BLASPHEMY-ULVER US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
ULVER - METAMORPHOSIS (CD (EP) 1999 Trick) W/ GARM (BORKNAGAR, ARCTURUS) IMPORT* US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
ULVER Perdition City / Bergnatt CD 2 in1 RUS Rare OOP Arcturus Solefold US $11.99 [0 bids]
ULVER Themes from William Blake's / 1 st Decade Vol.1-2 2CD RUS Rare OOP US $18.99 [0 bids]
The Gathering "DISCLOSURE" NEW VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver my dying bride US $29.99 [0 bids]
Les Discrets-Ariettes Oubliées...1st PRESS BLACK VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver US $29.99 [0 bids]
CELESTIAL SEASON - Forever Scarlet Passion LP ORANGE ltd 100 anathema ulver US $29.99 [0 bids]
samael worship him babydoll girly t shirt black metal ulver mayhem witchery absu US $16.66 Buy It Now 2h 51m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 3h 4m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 3h 4m
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES NEW CD US $22.14 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 NEW CD US $19.50 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 NEW 2 x LP US $44.54 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Ulver 'Bergtatt' First press RARE.In The Woods...,Primordial,Burzum US $16.00 [13 bids]
Orrery 'Nine Odes To Oblivion'Ulver,Drudkh,In The Woods...Enslaved US $4.71 [1 bids]
Childhood's End [Digipak] by Ulver (CD, Kscope) US $13.01 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Live in Concert - The Norwegian National Opera * by Ulver (CD, Apr-2013, Kscope) US $11.82 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Wars of the Roses by Ulver (CD, Apr-2011, Kscope) US $8.18 Buy It Now 9h 10m
Ulver - Norwegian National Opera [ 2XLP, Jester, IMPORT NEW ] Sunn 0))) US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 6m
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES LP vinyl record arcturus US $35.99 Buy It Now 11h 27m
ULVER - ULVER 1993-2003: 1ST DECADE IN THE MACHINES - NEW CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 20h 6m
Ulver - War Of The Roses [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 20h 40m
THRYFING valdr galga ORIG 1999 DIGIPAK HAMMERHEART-ulver,naglfar,primordial,absu US $24.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
ULVER - KVELDSSANGER - HNF014CD US $20.10 Buy It Now 22h 27m
ULVER - MESSE I.X-VI.X * GATEFOLD VINYL LP NEW & SEALED US $22.90 Buy It Now 1 day
MYSTICUM Demons Never Sleep CD Ulver Mayhem Zyklon Thorns US $12.59 Buy It Now 1 day
MANES How The World Came To An End CD Dodheimsgard Ulver Ved Buens Ende US $11.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Aäkon Keetreh - The Dark Winter Demo Tape - Vlad Tepes - Abruptum - Ulver - LLN US $17.16 [4 bids]
Ulver - Messe I.X-Vi.X [CD New] US $12.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Empyrium 1994 - 2014 Wooden Box LP Agalloch Ulver October Falls Alcest Fen Opeth US $160.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T20) US $11.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver BERGTATT Spellbound DEBUT Norwegian Folk Metal HEAD NOT FOUND Sealed CD US $14.50 [0 bids]
Ulver - Kveldssanger (NEW CD) US $23.32 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER LP Wars Of The Roses vinyl + download card US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PERUNWIT Wszystkie... CD NEW Kroda Khors Dub Buk Graveland Kataxu Ulver Drudkh US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER**CHILDHOOD'S END**CD US $14.28 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - LYCKANTROPEN THEMES [7035538883248] - NEW CD US $38.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver "Blood Inside" 2005 Red cover US $10.00 [0 bids]
Ulver "Perdition City - Music to an interior film" US $18.00 [0 bids]
AGALLOCH Ashes Against the Grain 2 WHITE GATEFOLD LP Ulver Alcest Fen Katatonia US $49.99 [0 bids]
LIFELOVER Sjukdom RARE LP 1st Press LTD 500 NEW SEALED OOP Ulver Ondskapt Alcest US $66.66 [0 bids]
ULVER - BLOOD INSIDE [CD NEW] US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $8.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
empire auriga - auriga dying, death in june current 93 burzum agalloch ulver fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
lotus circle - caves, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace sunn o lurker of chalice US $5.99 [0 bids]
vinterriket - wege in die vergangenheit, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
trama afona - st, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis larva 108 ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
lilyum - nothing is mine, darkspace nocternity alcest drudkh negura benget ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
paragon of beauty - seraphine far gone gleam, empyrium agalloch fen alcest ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
tyrant - grimoires, ulver fen alcest dordeduh negura bunget saturnus nocternity US $5.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA / MY ANGEL - BLUE VINYL 2 LP ulver agalloch US $36.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 [CD New] US $16.05 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - NATTENS MADRIGAL SEALED BOX SET LP CD SHIRT 700 COPIES WORLDWIDE US $75.50 [0 bids]
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal [CD New] US $11.24 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - NORWEGIAN NATIONAL OPERA NEW VINYL US $44.34 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - NATTENS MADRIGAL NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 1 day
panychida - woodland journey, ulver fen alcest dordeduh negura bunget agalloch US $5.99 [0 bids]
umbrtka - ivo, masters hammer alcest ulver agalloch fen primordial abigor drudkh US $5.99 [0 bids]
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
frostmoon eclipse - dead and forever gone, agalloch ulver woods of ypres drudkh US $5.99 [0 bids]
1349 - S/T SELF TITLED OOP ORG CD IMMORTAL GORGOROTH MAYHEM LIMBONIC ART ULVER US $19.99 [0 bids]
ULVER - BLOOD INSIDE NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 1 day
BETHLEHEM-SUICIDE RADIO 1 PRESS 2003 ABORYM ULVER RARE!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigrid ?- Die Asche Eines Leben LP/mayhem/arcturus/ulver/enslaved/rotting christ US $28.99 [0 bids]
Eis-Wetterkreuz LP/mayhem/propechy/marduk/ulver/enslaved/behemoth/darkthrone US $31.99 [0 bids]
ULVER - SHADOWS OF THE SUN NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 1 day
LIK Besfärtade Strofer ARMAGEDDA STORM ISENGARD ULVER US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 CD US $19.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Blood Inside CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Shadows Of The Sun CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - SHADOWS OF THE SUN (UK) NEW VINYL US $71.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Live at Norwegian National Opera, Ulver, New US $15.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Agalloch Faustian Echoes Digipack CD SEALED Opeth Ulver Alcest Katatonia NEW LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
AGALLOCH Marrow Of The Spirit Ltd. Black CD Ulver Alcest Nest Opeth Like New! US $34.99 [0 bids]
AETHENOR En Form For Bla CD dark improvisation / drone Khanate Guapo ulver jazz US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SATYRICON now diabolical 1st PRESS 2006 SILVER BLACK MARBLED LP ulver emperor US $95.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mysticum - In the Streams of Inferno CD 2004 Ulver Immortal Satyricon Mayhem US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AGALLOCH - MARROW OF THE SPIRIT RARE ISRAELI PRESS LIMITED ULVER SCULPTURED US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEHENNA - ADIMIRON BLACK OOP MOONFOG EDITION SATYRICON THORNS DARKTHRONE ULVER US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SYRACH - A DARK BURIAL CD NEW draconian isole opeth ulver US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS -THE LOVERS CD EDWARD ULVER MORTIIS CURE SISTERS US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ALCEST - LE SECRET CD OPETH ULVER GREEN CARNATION US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Shadows Of The Sun [CD New] US $9.63 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Norwegian National Opera [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 2 days
THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS - MALACHAI CD EDWARD ULVER MORTIIS CURE US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VENOMOUS MAXIMUS - BEG UPON THE LIGHT CD DIGI NEW GHOST PENTAGRAM WIZARD ULVER US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES - KSCOPE170 US $18.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver Blood Inside CD NEW (UK Import) US $14.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver KVELDSSANGER Twilight Songs 2ND ALBUM Norwegian Folk HEAD NOT FOUND New CD US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ulver - Messe I.X-Vi-X (Picture Disc Lp) [Vinyl New] US $51.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BURZUM Filosofem '1996 DIGI 1ST PRESS MISANTHROPY Mayhem Gorgoroth Emperor Ulver US $25.00 [0 bids]
Ildjarn Forest Poetry /500 Burzum Abruptum Hate Forest Ulver Satanic Warmaster US $15.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy ULVER music online Buy ULVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ULVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ULVER Childhood's End ratings distribution

ULVER Childhood's End reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Castrated classics

Listed here on PA as a genuine studio album, Childhood's End by Norwegian chameleons Ulver is really an ode to the late sixties. All of the 16 tracks here are among the first wave of psychedelic rock that hit the airwaves some 45 years ago, so if you're looking for new material from this shape shifting rock group - you'll have to wait awhile until the release of the upcoming album, which in turn should be in the making as we speak.

I refer to Ulver as chameleons because of their inability to stand still musically. Starting out as an experimental black metal band with one foot buried in ancient Norwegian folkloric music, these guys have since then played all electronic, post rock, post metal - and some rather indefinable genre-less sounds that have cemented their position as one of the few truly progressive bands of the modern rock scene.

Childhood's End should be an album made for yours truly - it really should. Back when music really started to unfold beyond the mundane to me, it was mostly the sounds of the sixties that spoke to me. Here was music that was wild and untethered - free as a bird and all that jazz, and it hit a nerve with me in a most peculiar way that still resonates with me deeply. I can still put on a Jimi Hendrix album or a Grateful Dead jam and loose myself for an hour or so and come up on the other side of it and feel rejuvenated and alive in that hippie-peace out-love conquers everything type of way. It's naive, yeah I know, but I love it - and I can feel it right down in my bones!

Add to that, I think I have every album from where these tracks have been lifted off - and some of them still remain personal faves. So when you then count in just how fond I was of Ulver back in my metal days of Obituary and bonfires, you may get an idea of how much this album should work for me..... But it doesn't! Sadly no. Maybe it's because I've heard the original tracks to death and back and have trouble seeing them in a new dressing, but I sincerely doubt that is the sole reason for my disappointment. Personally I think it's all about production and how some musicians seem to be incapable of leaving 'mistakes' alone. Letting the odd howl and screech be as it is. Childhood's End is far too clean and sterile to these ears, and that is in itself an error Ulver should have been able to track miles ahead of it actually occurring - seeing as they once ditched the studio antics in favour of raw unadulterated power, back in their black metal beginnings.

The original songs here, like The Pretty Thing's Bracelet on Fingers or Street Song by 13th Floor Elevators fed off the rawkous garage drive. -A thing that literally pushed the tracks into another dimension altogether, and yet on here they seem like mere shadows of themselves - reduced to lukewarm indie rock with mellow tasteless vocal delivery. It's much the same one faces with songs like Living in the Past by the now legendary Chocolate Watch Band and Velvet Sunsets from Music Emporium. The music seems like professionally recorded tracks inspired by Steven Wilson techniques and studio multi tracking gone completely berserk. Don't get me wrong, I happen to love Steven Wilson as well as his producing skills, but would I really like them transcribed onto my favourite psychedelic rock music from the sixties? No way in hell! Big mistake.

All of the songs lie uncomfortably close to the originals, which again shaves away any real room for improvisation or multifaceted imaginative b pieces interwoven in the old school batter. No siree! If they indeed had done something to that effect, I would better have understood their production choices, but alas - this was not to be.

I may sound tough, and I guess I would be lying if I said that I didn't find some form of enjoyment in this release, but if I really have the urge to listen to these brilliant classics, I'll pull out my old record collection any day over this. Childhood's End does have its more breathtaking moments, and especially the modern twist on Jefferson Airplane's delicate and fragile love song Today, sounds oddly beautiful and robust all at the same time here with its low bass vocals and doomy atmospheres. Still, I'd rather have the real McCoy thank you...

My guess is that the younger crowd here on PA will find a lot to love on this tribute album, and that is probably mostly down to them not knowing the originals like the rest of us. If such is the case, then I heartily recommend this recording, and I sincerely hope it will ignite a fiery sonic journey back through the wild and soulful annals of psychedelic rock that once flew like milk and honey in the skies of marmalade, where Lucy once sat cross-legged in amazement with a splif hanging from her lips.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#819953) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012

Post a review of ULVER "Childhood's End"