CHILDHOOD'S END

Ulver Childhood's End album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ULVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

01. Bracelets of Fingers (Pretty Things Cover) (4:12)
02. Lament of the Astral Cowboy (Curt Boettcher Cover) (3:25)
03. Can You Travel in the Dark Alone? (Gandalf Cover) (2:33)
04. Soon There Will Be Thunder (Common People Cover) (2:54)
05. Today (Jefferson Airplane Cover) (3:20)
06. Street Song (13th Floor Elevators Cover) (4:02)
07. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (Troggs Cover) (2:54)
08. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night (Electric Prunes Cover) (5:14)
09. I Can See the Light (Les Fleurs De Lys Cover) (3:22)
10. The Trap (Bonniwell's Music Machine Cover) (4:03)
11. Everybody's Been Burned (Byrds Cover) (3:15)
12. Dark is the Bark (Left Banke Cover) (2:27)
13. Living in the Past (Chocolate Watch Band Cover) (2:44)
14. Velvet Sunsets (Music Emporium Cover) (2:14)
15. Magic Hollow (Beau Brummels Cover) (3:14)
16. Where is Yesterday (United States of America Cover) (3:58)

Search ULVER Childhood's End lyrics

Search ULVER Childhood's End tabs

Thanks to lss28 for the addition

ULVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ULVER Childhood's End Music

Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And HellThemes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And Hell
Jester Norway 2006
MSI:JESTER RECORDINGS 2006
Shadows of the SunShadows of the Sun
Imports 2014
Vinyl$41.72
Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)
Century Media 1997
Messe I.X - VI.XMesse I.X - VI.X
Kscope 2013
Live At Roadburn 2012, Ulver, Very Good US $12.75 Buy It Now 56m 2s
ULVER - LIVE AT THE NORWEGIAN NATIONAL - KSCOPE238 US $21.33 Buy It Now 3h 28m
TENEBRARUM Voices CD Dimmu Borgir Sacramentum Dark Funeral Cradle Of Filth Ulver US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ULVER Compilation, Ved Buens Ende Agalloch Manes Kvist Isengard Dodheimsgard US $9.99 [0 bids]
OCTOBER FALLS 2CD LOT Sarastus Tuoni Tenhi Empyrium Opeth Katatonia Alcest Ulver US $10.00 [1 bids]
Ulver - War Of The Roses [CD New] US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
BORKNAGAR THE OLDEN DOMAIN ENSLAVED ARCTURUS ULVER TAAKE EMPEROR VINTERSORG DIE! US $7.99 [0 bids]
Agalloch Whitedivisiongrey 2CD sealed rare! Opeth Katatonia Alcest Ulver US $14.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - AQUAMARINE / BLACK VINYL - 2 LP ulver US $44.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Eis-Wetterkreuz LP/mayhem/propechy/marduk/ulver/enslaved/behemoth/darkthrone US $31.99 [0 bids]
Eschaton-Causa Fortior LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/ulver/enslaved/rotting christ US $21.99 [0 bids]
Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials [CD New] US $63.91 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Ulver - Live In Concert NEW DVD US $23.81 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Ulver / Sunn O))) - Terrestials Split LP agalloch sleep ghost noise doom coil US $17.00 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Sunn O))) & Ulver Terrestrials LP sealed vinyl US $16.98 Buy It Now 13h 33m
forlorn - opus 3 ad caelestis aes, summoning abigor vintersorg ulver windir mgla US $5.99 [0 bids]
sroszek - the wild hunt, mini cd, frostmoon eclipse agalloch ulver fen manes US $5.99 [0 bids]
far from mind - breakpoint 33', drudkh alcest anathema katatonia ulver agalloch US $5.99 [0 bids]
Ved Buens Ende Written In Waters cd Ulver, Arcturus, Mayhem, Dodheimsgard, rare US $45.00 [0 bids]
ULVER**MESSE I.X-VI.X**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 15h 45m
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
Svidd Neger by Ulver 12" vinyl Black / Silver rare metal OOP US $40.00 [1 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
vinterriket - wege in die vergangenheit, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
1349 - S/T SELF TITLED OOP ORG CD IMMORTAL GORGOROTH MAYHEM LIMBONIC ART ULVER US $9.99 [0 bids]
SWAN CHRISTY A Decent Album (CD 2005) APHEX TWIN ULVER sealed digipack US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
*** SUMMONING - Lost Tales GREEN VINYL limit 300 copies NEW LP Abigor Ulver US $49.98 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Ulver - War Of The Roses CD KSCOPE US $15.75 Buy It Now 23h 14m
THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS -THE LOVERS CD EDWARD ULVER MORTIIS CURE SISTERS US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALCEST - LE SECRET CD OPETH ULVER GREEN CARNATION US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS - MALACHAI CD EDWARD ULVER MORTIIS CURE US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ildjarn - Minnesjord T-SHIRT M Burzum Hate Forest Mayhem Ulver Emperor Watain US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SECRETS OF THE MOON Privilegium SAINT VITUS TAAKE NOVEMBRE OPETH MOONSPELL ULVER US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sunn O))) and Ulver - Terrestials LP Rare White Vinyl US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver: Wars Of The Roses Limited Deluxe CD 2011 Jester / KScope EU Digibook NEW US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Messe I.x - Vi.x - Ulver US $11.75 Buy It Now 1 day
CULTED Below The Thunders Of The Upper Deep CD Ulver Evoken Nortt / Relapse '09 US $19.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - SVIDD NEGER - BLACK VINYL - LP import arcturus perdition city US $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER EMBROIDERED BACK PATCH US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - WARS OF THE ROSES [802644816920] - NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Lake of Tears - illwill (LP) Paradise lost, opeth, anathema, Ulver, moonspell US $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MASTERS HAMMER 7"EP 2013 root torr ulver mayhem behemoth cradle of filth US $19.66 Buy It Now 1 day
MESSENGER Illusory Blues PINK FLOYD SWANS THE BEATLES ULVER US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $22.00 [0 bids]
15 CD LOT Black Metal NEW Helcaraxe Open Grave Sorts death samael ulver mayhem US $16.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Sunn / Ulver: Terrestrials 12" US $16.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Ved Buens Ende Written In Waters Vinyl Record LP Sigh Ulver Sunn Solefald US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRID "S/T" CD thorns manes ulver US $16.24 [0 bids]
ULVER Messe I.X-VI.X Limited Edition RSD 2014 12" Picture Disc Vinyl SEALED US $40.59 Buy It Now 2 days
War of the Roses - Ulver New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.51 Buy It Now 2 days
US import ULVER Shadows Of The Sun CD Jester THE END Records 2007 NEW sealed US $14.98 Buy It Now 2 days
US import ULVER Blood Inside CD Jester THE END Records 2005 NEW sealed US $14.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials [Vinyl New] US $18.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver-Bergtatt CD emperor, immortal, dimmu borgir, enslaved, 1349 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ulver - Blood Inside (2007) CD. Jester Records ?- TRICK033. Enhanced. US $22.74 [0 bids]
Ulver - A Quick Fix Of Melancholy EP. CD. TE039 US $11.37 [0 bids]
ULVER - ULVER 1993-2003: 1ST DECADE IN THE MACHINES - NEW CD US $14.09 Buy It Now 2 days
MOJO PRESENTS THE WALL RE-BUILT! DISC ONE & TWO CDS RALFE BAND/ULVER/ASTRA/ETC US $4.86 [0 bids]
SUNN0 & ULVER - TERRESTRIALS NEW VINYL US $21.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver KVELDSSANGER Twilight Songs 2ND ALBUM Norwegian Folk HEAD NOT FOUND New CD US $14.99 [0 bids]
BORIS VEIN DRONE VERSION TEST PRESS ltd. 8 Sunn O))) Neurosis Merzbow Ulver KTL US $249.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER shadows of the sun CD 2007 The End Records ?- TE089 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OBTAINED ENSLAVEMENT Centuries Of Sorrow Cd Org95 Effigy Gorgoroth Ulver Abigor US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Red Harvest Internal Punishment Programs MAYHEM ULVER SATYRICON US $3.99 [0 bids]
AGALLOCH Marrow Of The Spirit Ltd. Black CD Ulver Alcest Nest Opeth Like New! US $34.99 [0 bids]
Agalloch Faustian Echoes Digipack CD SEALED Opeth Ulver Alcest Katatonia NEW LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
lotus circle - caves, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace sunn o lurker of chalice US $5.99 [0 bids]
trama afona - st, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis larva 108 ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
lilyum - nothing is mine, darkspace nocternity alcest drudkh negura benget ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
paragon of beauty - seraphine far gone gleam, empyrium agalloch fen alcest ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
umbrtka - ivo, masters hammer alcest ulver agalloch fen primordial abigor drudkh US $5.99 [0 bids]
tyrant - grimoires, ulver fen alcest dordeduh negura bunget saturnus nocternity US $5.99 [0 bids]
netra - melancolie urbaine, manes coldworld ulver tulus shining darkspace alcest US $5.99 [0 bids]
ANCIENT RITES - Dim Carcosa LP Hammerheart Recs 2001 ULVER BATHORY ENSLAVED US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver Thomso Chambre Orch. Messe I.X - VI.X Factory Sealed 180g LP + Poster US $38.57 Buy It Now 3 days
MASTERīS HAMMER Mantras NEW CD Root Ulver Torr Cradle Of Filth Dimmu Borgir US $29.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AENAON Cendres Et Sang CD jazzy Greek prog/black metal Sigh Rotting Christ Ulver US $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER Wars Of The Roses LP IMPORT dark jazzy prog/pop arcturus manes Hexvessel US $24.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Head Control System - Murder Nature (Ulver, Arcturus, Borknager, Winds) US $4.99 [0 bids]
ULVER - WARS OF THE ROSES NEW VINYL US $34.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $48.71 Buy It Now 3 days
DARKTHRONE - PLAGUE WIELDER (LP) RED Vinyl Opeth, slayer, death, ulver US $24.00 [0 bids]
TORMENTOR the sick years CASSETTE mayhem satyricon behexen beherit ulver US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Elend - The Umbersun CD NEW Agalloch Ulver Alcest US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE VISION BLEAK Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey CD Empyrium Ulver Moonspell Tiamat US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES - sealed vinyl - record LP ulver US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - Blood Inside [Enhanced] US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Ulver - Wars Of The Roses [Vinyl New] US $24.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ABIGOR EMBROIDERED PATCH BLACK METAL ULVER HORNA CARPATHIAN FOREST Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Norwegian National Opera - Ulver New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $37.04 Buy It Now 3 days
Metamorphosis [EP] by Ulver (CD, Nov-1999, Trick) TRICK 009 US $45.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Perdition City (Music to an Interior Film) by Ulver (CD, 2000, Trick) TRICK 007 US $14.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Maniac Butcher Krvestreb LP / PD Bathory Inferno Mayhem Watain Sarcofago Ulver US $39.66 Buy It Now 4 days
ULVER**WARS OF THE ROSES (GATEFOLD)**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Furze - Reaper Subconscious Guide CD Mayhem Ulver Darkthrone Dissection US $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Enthroned - Obsidium CD Mayhem Burzum Mgla Watain Dissection Ulver US $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ULVER SILENCING THE SIGNING TVICK 016 US $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY OWN WOLF: A NEW APPROACH TO ULVER - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.58 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy ULVER music online Buy ULVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ULVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ULVER Childhood's End ratings distribution

ULVER Childhood's End reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Castrated classics

Listed here on PA as a genuine studio album, Childhood's End by Norwegian chameleons Ulver is really an ode to the late sixties. All of the 16 tracks here are among the first wave of psychedelic rock that hit the airwaves some 45 years ago, so if you're looking for new material from this shape shifting rock group - you'll have to wait awhile until the release of the upcoming album, which in turn should be in the making as we speak.

I refer to Ulver as chameleons because of their inability to stand still musically. Starting out as an experimental black metal band with one foot buried in ancient Norwegian folkloric music, these guys have since then played all electronic, post rock, post metal - and some rather indefinable genre-less sounds that have cemented their position as one of the few truly progressive bands of the modern rock scene.

Childhood's End should be an album made for yours truly - it really should. Back when music really started to unfold beyond the mundane to me, it was mostly the sounds of the sixties that spoke to me. Here was music that was wild and untethered - free as a bird and all that jazz, and it hit a nerve with me in a most peculiar way that still resonates with me deeply. I can still put on a Jimi Hendrix album or a Grateful Dead jam and loose myself for an hour or so and come up on the other side of it and feel rejuvenated and alive in that hippie-peace out-love conquers everything type of way. It's naive, yeah I know, but I love it - and I can feel it right down in my bones!

Add to that, I think I have every album from where these tracks have been lifted off - and some of them still remain personal faves. So when you then count in just how fond I was of Ulver back in my metal days of Obituary and bonfires, you may get an idea of how much this album should work for me..... But it doesn't! Sadly no. Maybe it's because I've heard the original tracks to death and back and have trouble seeing them in a new dressing, but I sincerely doubt that is the sole reason for my disappointment. Personally I think it's all about production and how some musicians seem to be incapable of leaving 'mistakes' alone. Letting the odd howl and screech be as it is. Childhood's End is far too clean and sterile to these ears, and that is in itself an error Ulver should have been able to track miles ahead of it actually occurring - seeing as they once ditched the studio antics in favour of raw unadulterated power, back in their black metal beginnings.

The original songs here, like The Pretty Thing's Bracelet on Fingers or Street Song by 13th Floor Elevators fed off the rawkous garage drive. -A thing that literally pushed the tracks into another dimension altogether, and yet on here they seem like mere shadows of themselves - reduced to lukewarm indie rock with mellow tasteless vocal delivery. It's much the same one faces with songs like Living in the Past by the now legendary Chocolate Watch Band and Velvet Sunsets from Music Emporium. The music seems like professionally recorded tracks inspired by Steven Wilson techniques and studio multi tracking gone completely berserk. Don't get me wrong, I happen to love Steven Wilson as well as his producing skills, but would I really like them transcribed onto my favourite psychedelic rock music from the sixties? No way in hell! Big mistake.

All of the songs lie uncomfortably close to the originals, which again shaves away any real room for improvisation or multifaceted imaginative b pieces interwoven in the old school batter. No siree! If they indeed had done something to that effect, I would better have understood their production choices, but alas - this was not to be.

I may sound tough, and I guess I would be lying if I said that I didn't find some form of enjoyment in this release, but if I really have the urge to listen to these brilliant classics, I'll pull out my old record collection any day over this. Childhood's End does have its more breathtaking moments, and especially the modern twist on Jefferson Airplane's delicate and fragile love song Today, sounds oddly beautiful and robust all at the same time here with its low bass vocals and doomy atmospheres. Still, I'd rather have the real McCoy thank you...

My guess is that the younger crowd here on PA will find a lot to love on this tribute album, and that is probably mostly down to them not knowing the originals like the rest of us. If such is the case, then I heartily recommend this recording, and I sincerely hope it will ignite a fiery sonic journey back through the wild and soulful annals of psychedelic rock that once flew like milk and honey in the skies of marmalade, where Lucy once sat cross-legged in amazement with a splif hanging from her lips.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#819953) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012

Post a review of ULVER "Childhood's End"