CHILDHOOD'S END

Ulver Childhood's End album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ULVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

01. Bracelets of Fingers (Pretty Things Cover) (4:12)
02. Lament of the Astral Cowboy (Curt Boettcher Cover) (3:25)
03. Can You Travel in the Dark Alone? (Gandalf Cover) (2:33)
04. Soon There Will Be Thunder (Common People Cover) (2:54)
05. Today (Jefferson Airplane Cover) (3:20)
06. Street Song (13th Floor Elevators Cover) (4:02)
07. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (Troggs Cover) (2:54)
08. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night (Electric Prunes Cover) (5:14)
09. I Can See the Light (Les Fleurs De Lys Cover) (3:22)
10. The Trap (Bonniwell's Music Machine Cover) (4:03)
11. Everybody's Been Burned (Byrds Cover) (3:15)
12. Dark is the Bark (Left Banke Cover) (2:27)
13. Living in the Past (Chocolate Watch Band Cover) (2:44)
14. Velvet Sunsets (Music Emporium Cover) (2:14)
15. Magic Hollow (Beau Brummels Cover) (3:14)
16. Where is Yesterday (United States of America Cover) (3:58)

Search ULVER Childhood's End lyrics

Search ULVER Childhood's End tabs

Thanks to lss28 for the addition

ULVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ULVER Childhood's End Music

Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)
Century Media 1997
BergtattBergtatt
Head Not Found N'way 2001
Perdition CityPerdition City
MSI:JESTER RECORDINGS 2006
ULVER William Blake The Marriage Of Heaven N Hell Cd Metal Rare 2 Discs US $9.95 [0 bids]
3h
WYRD "Wrath & Revenge" CD xasthur leviathan drudkh kadotus nortt nyktalgia ulver US $9.99 [0 bids]
TYMAH Funeral Fog CD wigrid marblebog nyktalgia mayhem ulver darkthrone US $12.99 [0 bids]
8h
ULVER - MESSE I.X-VI.X, ORG 2013 EU vinyl LP + BOOKLET + POSTER + POSTCARD, NEW! US $44.99 Buy It Now 9h
Furze - Hidden Hits Of The Official Reaper Vol. 1 '12 VINYL BOX Ulver Mayhem US $45.00 [0 bids]
Belphegor - Blutsabbath '12 VINYL Marduk Dark Funeral Behemoth Watain Ulver US $20.99 [0 bids]
Paragon Belial GIRLIE T-SHIRT S Shining Darkthrone Taake Ulver Nargaroth US $10.99 [0 bids]
Gorath T-SHIRT XL Mayhem Ulver Immortal Urgehal Watain Enthroned Watain US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Batallion - Head Up High '12 VINYL Aura Noir Immortal Taake Ulver US $19.99 [0 bids]
Emperor vs Thorns - Split '12 VINYL God Seed Mayhem Satyricon Ulver Darkthrone US $29.99 [0 bids]
Rotting Christ - Aealo T-SHIRT L Mayhem Watain Darkthrone Ulver Taake Samael US $16.99 [0 bids]
Ildjarn - Strength And Anger '12 VINYL Hate Forest Ulver Darkthrone Mayhem US $25.99 [0 bids]
Enthroned - XES Haereticum '12 VINYL Acherontas Mayhem Taake Emperor Ulver US $19.99 [0 bids]
Gorath T-SHIRT L Mayhem Samael Ulver Immortal Urgehal Watain Enthroned Taake US $9.99 [0 bids]
Hell Militia - Jacobs Ledder '12 VINYL Mutiilation Antaeus Mayhem Ulver US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ildjarn - Forest Poetry '12 VINYL Hate Forest Ulver Darkthrone Mayhem US $25.99 [0 bids]
HADES-PATCH TAAKE HELHEIM WINDIR ULVER DODHEIMSGARD RAR US $6.66 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Ulver - Wars of the Roses (2011) CD Limited Deluxe Edition NEW/SEALED US $11.55 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Ulver - Svidd Neger (CD 2004) NEW CD US $19.05 Buy It Now 17h 49m
ULVER - MESSE I.X ? VI.X - KSCOPE268 US $17.95 Buy It Now 18h
ULVER - CHILDHOOD`S END - KSCOPE216 US $22.38 Buy It Now 18h 2m
TANGORODRIM Unholy and Unlimited CD darkthrone bathory hellhammer sunn ulver US $9.99 [0 bids]
TANGORODRIM Unholy Metal Way CD darkthrone hellhammer mayhem bathory sunn ulver US $12.99 [0 bids]
sroszek - the wild hunt, mini cd, frostmoon eclipse agalloch ulver fen manes US $5.99 [0 bids]
far from mind - breakpoint 33', drudkh alcest anathema katatonia ulver agalloch US $5.99 [0 bids]
forlorn - opus 3 ad caelestis aes, summoning abigor vintersorg ulver windir mgla US $5.99 [0 bids]
AETHENOR Betimes Black Cloudmasses CD dark improv / drone Khanate Guapo ulver US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ulver nattens madrigal t shirt black metal death burzum mortiis abruptun beherit US $16.66 Buy It Now 1 day
ulver nattens madrigal t shirt black metal death burzum mortiis abruptun beherit US $21.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Borknagar CD Quintessence enslaved emperor ihsahn vintersorg amorphis ulver tyr US $2.50 [0 bids]
beherit oath of black blood longsleeve t shirt black metal ulver burzum mayhem US $30.66 Buy It Now 1 day
beherit oath of black blood longsleeve t shirt black metal ulver burzum mayhem US $36.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Agalloch " The Mantle " Gatefold Double LP clear vinyl + poster alcest ulver US $39.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Norwegian National Opera Vinyl Record LP US $37.13 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER Vinyl 3x PIC Vinyl LP BOX Journeys Through Norwegian (1997) US $599.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - WARS OF THE ROSES [802644816920] - NEW CD US $8.17 Buy It Now 1 day
TRELLDOM Til Minne.. RARE CD PROMO Darkthrone Gorgoroth Arcturus Satyricon Ulver US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LIMBONIC ART Ad Noctum Dynasty Of Death ORG CD Emperor Darkthrone Ulver Mayhem US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Poccolus - Ragana CD Anubi Obtest Halela Skyforger Loits Burzum Mayhem Ulver US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bathory - Hammerheart PATCH Dissection Watain Burzum Mayhem Immortal Ulver US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bathory - Blood Fire Death PATCH Dissection Watain Burzum Mayhem Immortal Ulver US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bathory - Under the Sign... PATCH Dissection Watain Burzum Mayhem Immortal Ulver US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver Bergtatt Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler Vinyl LP Nattens Madrigal Kveldssanger US $29.99 [0 bids]
DEAD RAVEN CHOIR - SELENOCLAST WOLVES 2006 1PR GOD IS MYTH SEALED! ULVER COIL US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRULVAHNATU (USA) - Menstrual Extraction Ceremony - BLUT AUS NORD ULVER US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NJIQAHDDA (USA) - Yrg Alms - BLUT AUS NORD DEATHSPELL OMEGA ILDJARN ULVER US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Transcending Bizarre? The four scissors CD (ULVER,ARCTURUS,MR BUNGLE) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER**LIVE: NORWEGIAN NATIONAL OPERA (DIGI/ADVISORY)**CD+DVD SET US $13.51 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - THEMES FROM WILLIAM BLAKE'S THE MARRIAGE OF HEAVEN .. - BLACK VINYL 2 LP US $47.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver: Messe I.X - VI.X CD 2013 Tromso Orchestra KScope / Jester Slipcase NEW US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - CHILDHOOD'S END NEW CD US $24.22 Buy It Now 2 days
aeternus dark sorcery t shirt black metal death blasphemy beherit burzum ulver US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
aeternus dark sorcery t shirt black metal death blasphemy beherit burzum ulver US $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER NATTENS MADRIGAL,LP,FIRST BLACK VINYL PRESS,NEAR MINT US $99.00 [0 bids]
Ulver - Wars Of The Roses LP ( Agalloch - Borknagar - Empyrium - Arcturus ) US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Childhood's End [CD New] US $15.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Nightshadows of the Rose Wolf T-SHIRT M Agalloch Fen Arcturus Empyrium US $18.99 [1 bids]
SUNN O))) & ULVER - Terrestrials (LP) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SUNN O)) & ULVER Terrestials Vinyl LP 2014 SEALED NEW & SEALED Southern Lord US $35.62 Buy It Now 2 days
Thy Catafalque-Rengeteg ltd ed digi Enslaved Drudkh Arcturus Ihsahn Ulver US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver,SEALED Vinyl LP,War of the Roses,180 Gram Vinyl US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver,SEALED 2-LP,Childhood's End,180 Gram,Gatefold US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver Bergtatt Et Eeventyr 5 Capitler LP Empyrium Agalloch Taake Kvist Isengard US $66.00 [1 bids]
SAXON - Rare 3/4 baseball T-shirt *XL* Iron Maiden Metallica Motorhead Ulver US $55.00 Buy It Now 2 days
sigh logo t shirt black metal death ulver japan emperor defiled burzum absu US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
sigh logo t shirt black metal death ulver japan emperor defiled burzum absu US $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER Live at Roadburn 2LP new black vinyl US $10.00 [1 bids]
sigh scorn defeat t shirt new black metal death ulver defiled japan absu emperor US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
sigh scorn defeat t shirt new black metal death ulver defiled japan absu emperor US $19.66 Buy It Now 2 days
bathory requiem t shirt new black metal death ulver emperor absu burzum beherit US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
bathory requiem t shirt new black metal death ulver emperor absu burzum beherit US $19.66 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER THE MADRIGAL OF NIGHT (NATTENS MADRIGAL)150 COPIES SEALED FREE REG SHIP US $89.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - War Of The Roses (NEW CD) US $20.29 Buy It Now 2 days
emperor wrath of the tyrant t shirt new black metal death beherit burzum ulver US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
emperor wrath of the tyrant t shirt new black metal death beherit burzum ulver US $19.66 Buy It Now 2 days
BOHREN & DER CLUB OF GORE Mitleid Lady LP SUNNO)))/MIKE PATTON/DOOM/EARTH/ULVER US $29.99 [0 bids]
ulver nattens madrigal babydoll girly t shirt black metal death absu burzum US $16.66 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy ULVER music online Buy ULVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ULVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ULVER Childhood's End ratings distribution

ULVER Childhood's End reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Castrated classics

Listed here on PA as a genuine studio album, Childhood's End by Norwegian chameleons Ulver is really an ode to the late sixties. All of the 16 tracks here are among the first wave of psychedelic rock that hit the airwaves some 45 years ago, so if you're looking for new material from this shape shifting rock group - you'll have to wait awhile until the release of the upcoming album, which in turn should be in the making as we speak.

I refer to Ulver as chameleons because of their inability to stand still musically. Starting out as an experimental black metal band with one foot buried in ancient Norwegian folkloric music, these guys have since then played all electronic, post rock, post metal - and some rather indefinable genre-less sounds that have cemented their position as one of the few truly progressive bands of the modern rock scene.

Childhood's End should be an album made for yours truly - it really should. Back when music really started to unfold beyond the mundane to me, it was mostly the sounds of the sixties that spoke to me. Here was music that was wild and untethered - free as a bird and all that jazz, and it hit a nerve with me in a most peculiar way that still resonates with me deeply. I can still put on a Jimi Hendrix album or a Grateful Dead jam and loose myself for an hour or so and come up on the other side of it and feel rejuvenated and alive in that hippie-peace out-love conquers everything type of way. It's naive, yeah I know, but I love it - and I can feel it right down in my bones!

Add to that, I think I have every album from where these tracks have been lifted off - and some of them still remain personal faves. So when you then count in just how fond I was of Ulver back in my metal days of Obituary and bonfires, you may get an idea of how much this album should work for me..... But it doesn't! Sadly no. Maybe it's because I've heard the original tracks to death and back and have trouble seeing them in a new dressing, but I sincerely doubt that is the sole reason for my disappointment. Personally I think it's all about production and how some musicians seem to be incapable of leaving 'mistakes' alone. Letting the odd howl and screech be as it is. Childhood's End is far too clean and sterile to these ears, and that is in itself an error Ulver should have been able to track miles ahead of it actually occurring - seeing as they once ditched the studio antics in favour of raw unadulterated power, back in their black metal beginnings.

The original songs here, like The Pretty Thing's Bracelet on Fingers or Street Song by 13th Floor Elevators fed off the rawkous garage drive. -A thing that literally pushed the tracks into another dimension altogether, and yet on here they seem like mere shadows of themselves - reduced to lukewarm indie rock with mellow tasteless vocal delivery. It's much the same one faces with songs like Living in the Past by the now legendary Chocolate Watch Band and Velvet Sunsets from Music Emporium. The music seems like professionally recorded tracks inspired by Steven Wilson techniques and studio multi tracking gone completely berserk. Don't get me wrong, I happen to love Steven Wilson as well as his producing skills, but would I really like them transcribed onto my favourite psychedelic rock music from the sixties? No way in hell! Big mistake.

All of the songs lie uncomfortably close to the originals, which again shaves away any real room for improvisation or multifaceted imaginative b pieces interwoven in the old school batter. No siree! If they indeed had done something to that effect, I would better have understood their production choices, but alas - this was not to be.

I may sound tough, and I guess I would be lying if I said that I didn't find some form of enjoyment in this release, but if I really have the urge to listen to these brilliant classics, I'll pull out my old record collection any day over this. Childhood's End does have its more breathtaking moments, and especially the modern twist on Jefferson Airplane's delicate and fragile love song Today, sounds oddly beautiful and robust all at the same time here with its low bass vocals and doomy atmospheres. Still, I'd rather have the real McCoy thank you...

My guess is that the younger crowd here on PA will find a lot to love on this tribute album, and that is probably mostly down to them not knowing the originals like the rest of us. If such is the case, then I heartily recommend this recording, and I sincerely hope it will ignite a fiery sonic journey back through the wild and soulful annals of psychedelic rock that once flew like milk and honey in the skies of marmalade, where Lucy once sat cross-legged in amazement with a splif hanging from her lips.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#819953) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012

Post a review of ULVER "Childhood's End"