CHILDHOOD'S END

Ulver Childhood's End album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ULVER Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

01. Bracelets of Fingers (Pretty Things Cover) (4:12)
02. Lament of the Astral Cowboy (Curt Boettcher Cover) (3:25)
03. Can You Travel in the Dark Alone? (Gandalf Cover) (2:33)
04. Soon There Will Be Thunder (Common People Cover) (2:54)
05. Today (Jefferson Airplane Cover) (3:20)
06. Street Song (13th Floor Elevators Cover) (4:02)
07. 66-5-4-3-2-1 (Troggs Cover) (2:54)
08. I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night (Electric Prunes Cover) (5:14)
09. I Can See the Light (Les Fleurs De Lys Cover) (3:22)
10. The Trap (Bonniwell's Music Machine Cover) (4:03)
11. Everybody's Been Burned (Byrds Cover) (3:15)
12. Dark is the Bark (Left Banke Cover) (2:27)
13. Living in the Past (Chocolate Watch Band Cover) (2:44)
14. Velvet Sunsets (Music Emporium Cover) (2:14)
15. Magic Hollow (Beau Brummels Cover) (3:14)
16. Where is Yesterday (United States of America Cover) (3:58)

Search ULVER Childhood's End lyrics

Search ULVER Childhood's End tabs

Thanks to lss28 for the addition

ULVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ULVER Childhood's End Music

A Quick Fix of MelancholyA Quick Fix of Melancholy
EP
The End Records 2003
Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)Madrigal of the Night (Nattens Madrigal)
Century Media 1997
Live at Norwegian National OperaLive at Norwegian National Opera
Kscope 2013
Blood InsideBlood Inside
The End Records 2005
Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And HellThemes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And Hell
Jester Norway 2006
KveldssangerKveldssanger
Head Not Found 2001
BergtattBergtatt
Head Not Found N'way 2001
Sunn O))) Ulver Terrestrials RED VINYL LP Rare Boris Pallbearer Agalloch US $16.99 [1 bids]
31m 11s
ULVER - LIVE AT ROADBURN NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 32m 52s
ULVER - MESSE I.X - VI.X NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Sunn 0))) & Ulver - Terrestirals [ LP, Gold Vinyl, Southern Lord, NEW, OOP ] US $23.39 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Ulver - Blood Inside (2007) CD. Jester Records ?- TRICK033. Enhanced. US $22.84 [0 bids]
Ulver - A Quick Fix Of Melancholy EP. CD. TE039 US $11.42 [0 bids]
OPERA IX the black opera DIGI AVANTGARDE,Inquisition,Ulver,Taake,Darkestrah US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
BORKNAGAR-THE OLDEN DOMAIN enslaved,ulver,arcturus,gorgoroth 1997 CENTURY BLACK! US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Ulver: The Norwegian National Opera [Blu-ray/DVD] DVD US $15.83 Buy It Now 3h 20m
15 CD LOT Black Metal NEW Helcaraxe Open Grave Sorts death samael ulver mayhem US $16.66 Buy It Now 3h 53m
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale CD avant symphonic black metal Ulver Mayhem NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 6h 48m
MANES How The World Came To An End CD sinister electronica Ulver dodheimsgard US $11.98 Buy It Now 7h
FIMBULWINTER servants of sorcery VINYL LP dimmu borgir arcturus ulver US $49.99 [0 bids]
ULVER kveldsanger BLUE VINYL LP arcturus virus agalloch opeth US $44.99 [0 bids]
MYSTICUM in streams of infermo ORIG RED VINYLLP (#200) ulver taake sorhin thorns US $59.99 [0 bids]
ULVER - THEMES FROM WILLIAM BLAKE'S THE MARRIAGE OF HEAVEN AND - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.62 Buy It Now 13h 42m
SOLEFALD-NORRON LIVSKUNST-CD-post-black-emperor-ulver-shinig-immortal US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 8m
ULVER - LYCKANTROPEN THEMES [654436003120] - NEW CD US $25.77 Buy It Now 18h 8m
FALKENBACH PAGAN BLACK METAL LOT CD VIKING BATHORY EMPEROR BURZUM ULVER MARDUK US $119.90 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Nattens Madrigal - Ulver New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.60 Buy It Now 21h 57m
HERESIARH Mythical Beasts... CD Ulver Arcturus Dimmu Borgir Emperor Limbonic Art US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 43m
ULVER Nattens Madrigal CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 42m
ULVER Childhood's End double Vinyl 180 Gr 2 LP 13 Floor Pretty Things Electric US $59.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials LP Vinyl NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver: Shadows Of The Sun CD 2007 The End Records TE089 NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver "Nattens Madrigal" 2x LP Yellow Vinyl *Limited To 150 Copies* Reissue 2012 US $30.00 [2 bids]
Ulver / Sunn O))) - Terrestials Split LP agalloch sleep ghost noise doom coil US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AGALLOCH - The White EP 2008 Vendlus Limited to 2000 alcest in the woods ulver US $24.99 [0 bids]
forlorn - opus 3 ad caelestis aes, summoning abigor vintersorg ulver windir mgla US $5.99 [0 bids]
sroszek - the wild hunt, mini cd, frostmoon eclipse agalloch ulver fen manes US $5.99 [0 bids]
far from mind - breakpoint 33', drudkh alcest anathema katatonia ulver agalloch US $5.99 [0 bids]
netra - melancolie urbaine, manes coldworld ulver tulus shining darkspace alcest US $5.99 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
ULVER Bergtatt CD US $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [1 bids]
AGALLOCH The Serpent & The Sphere DIGIPAK ULVER WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
tyrant - grimoires, ulver fen alcest dordeduh negura bunget saturnus nocternity US $5.99 [0 bids]
umbrtka - ivo, masters hammer alcest ulver agalloch fen primordial abigor drudkh US $5.99 [0 bids]
paragon of beauty - seraphine far gone gleam, empyrium agalloch fen alcest ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
lilyum - nothing is mine, darkspace nocternity alcest drudkh negura benget ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
trama afona - st, current 93 bass communion coil vond mortiis larva 108 ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
lotus circle - caves, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace sunn o lurker of chalice US $5.99 [0 bids]
vinterriket - wege in die vergangenheit, coil vond mortiis ulver darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS Merzbow Frog: Remixed And Revisited 2xCD boris Ulver Fennesz Sunn O))) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1349 - S/T SELF TITLED OOP ORG CD IMMORTAL GORGOROTH MAYHEM LIMBONIC ART ULVER US $9.99 [0 bids]
LORD AGHEROS - Demiurgo (CD 2012) factory sealed digipack Summoning Ulver US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Darkthrone live in Oslo 1996 demo tape cassette mayhem emperor ulver taake rare US $13.86 [16 bids]
DARK FUNERAL LIVE SWEDEN LP Mayhem WATAIN Ulver Bathory Sepultura Sarcofago Absu US $31.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Messe I.X Vi.X Dig CD Pop Rock US $32.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Perdition City CD Pop Rock US $24.12 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - WARS OF THE ROSES CD Album US $13.03 Buy It Now 1 day
ULVER - Nattens Madrigal --- Huge Jacket Back Patch Backpatch US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IN THE WOODS - HEART OF THE AGES MC Dodheimsgard Joyless Gorgoroth Ulver Mayhem US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CRADLE OF FILTH - VEMPIRE MC CASSETTE TAPE Dimmu Borgir Emperor Ulver US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
EISREGEN - LEICHENLAGER 2000 1PR MINT OCTOBER FALLS EMPYRIUM AGALLOCH ULVER NEST US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EISREGEN - FARBENFINSTERNIS 2001 1PR MINT OCTOBER FALLS EMPYRIUM AGALLOCH ULVER US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RAVENCULT Morbid CD Darkthrone Ascension Katharsis Taake Carpathian Forest Ulver US $9.60 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - METAMORPHOSIS (CD (EP) 1999 Trick) W/ GARM (BORKNAGAR, ARCTURUS) IMPORT* US $49.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Sunn O))) & Ulver ?- Terrestrials - 180 GRAM BLACK VINYL - lp record 12" US $16.97 Buy It Now 2 days
samael worship him babydoll girly t shirt black metal ulver mayhem witchery absu US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 2 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Firestarter (CD, 1997) Black Metal, MAYHEM, EMPEROR, SATYRICON, ULVER, SAMAEL US $3.49 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 NEW CD US $18.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Live At Roadburn 2012 NEW 2 x LP US $42.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $22.00 [0 bids]
Ulver - Norwegian National Opera [ 2XLP, Jester, IMPORT NEW ] Sunn 0))) US $35.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SUNN O))) & ULVER-TERRESTRIALS-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK H40 zd US $38.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES LP vinyl record arcturus US $35.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VED BUENS ENDE Written In Waters CD ulver virus fleurety avant-black metal manes US $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Ved Buens Ende Written In Waters Vinyl Record LP Sigh Ulver Sunn Solefald US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Childhood's End [Digipak] by Ulver (CD, Kscope) US $13.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Wars of the Roses by Ulver (CD, Apr-2011, Kscope) US $8.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Live in Concert - The Norwegian National Opera * by Ulver (CD, Apr-2013, Kscope) US $11.91 Buy It Now 2 days
TIAMAT - Amanethes (CD 2008) Gothic Metal Type O Negative Digipack Digi Ulver US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - War Of The Roses [CD New] US $13.86 Buy It Now 2 days
THRYFING valdr galga ORIG 1999 DIGIPAK HAMMERHEART-ulver,naglfar,primordial,absu US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTER'S HAMMER - Ritual 1.press CD 1991 Monitor Records Root Torr Mayhem Ulver US $299.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTERS HAMMER 7"EP 2013 root torr ulver mayhem behemoth deathspell omega US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTERS HAMMER 7"EP 2013 root torr ulver mayhem behemoth deathspell omega US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROOT Dema 2CD 2003 Lava Prod. DEMOs + LIVEs on 2CD master's hammer mayhem ulver US $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTERīS HAMMER Mantras 1.PRESS LIMITED Root Ulver Sigh Mayhem Helheim US $76.66 Buy It Now 2 days
ROOT The Temple In The Underworld 1.press LP masters hammer mayhem ulver torr US $199.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROOT - The Temple In The Underworld 1.press RARE CD masters hammer ulver mayhem US $166.60 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTERīS HAMMER - Ritual CD MONITOR NEW Root Torr Ulver Mayhem Cradle Of Filth US $24.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTER'S HAMMER Vagus Vetus 2014 CD bathory venom ulver emperor mayhem US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTER'S HAMMER Vagus Vetus 2014 NEW CD bathory venom ulver emperor mayhem US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORKNAGAR The Olden Domain LIMITED PICTURE LP 1997 CM enslaved falkenbach ulver US $49.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER Nattens Madrigal...CD 1997 Century Black agalloch borknagar empyrium manes US $49.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ULVER - KVELDSSANGER - HNF014CD US $21.43 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy ULVER music online Buy ULVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ULVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ULVER Childhood's End ratings distribution

ULVER Childhood's End reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Castrated classics

Listed here on PA as a genuine studio album, Childhood's End by Norwegian chameleons Ulver is really an ode to the late sixties. All of the 16 tracks here are among the first wave of psychedelic rock that hit the airwaves some 45 years ago, so if you're looking for new material from this shape shifting rock group - you'll have to wait awhile until the release of the upcoming album, which in turn should be in the making as we speak.

I refer to Ulver as chameleons because of their inability to stand still musically. Starting out as an experimental black metal band with one foot buried in ancient Norwegian folkloric music, these guys have since then played all electronic, post rock, post metal - and some rather indefinable genre-less sounds that have cemented their position as one of the few truly progressive bands of the modern rock scene.

Childhood's End should be an album made for yours truly - it really should. Back when music really started to unfold beyond the mundane to me, it was mostly the sounds of the sixties that spoke to me. Here was music that was wild and untethered - free as a bird and all that jazz, and it hit a nerve with me in a most peculiar way that still resonates with me deeply. I can still put on a Jimi Hendrix album or a Grateful Dead jam and loose myself for an hour or so and come up on the other side of it and feel rejuvenated and alive in that hippie-peace out-love conquers everything type of way. It's naive, yeah I know, but I love it - and I can feel it right down in my bones!

Add to that, I think I have every album from where these tracks have been lifted off - and some of them still remain personal faves. So when you then count in just how fond I was of Ulver back in my metal days of Obituary and bonfires, you may get an idea of how much this album should work for me..... But it doesn't! Sadly no. Maybe it's because I've heard the original tracks to death and back and have trouble seeing them in a new dressing, but I sincerely doubt that is the sole reason for my disappointment. Personally I think it's all about production and how some musicians seem to be incapable of leaving 'mistakes' alone. Letting the odd howl and screech be as it is. Childhood's End is far too clean and sterile to these ears, and that is in itself an error Ulver should have been able to track miles ahead of it actually occurring - seeing as they once ditched the studio antics in favour of raw unadulterated power, back in their black metal beginnings.

The original songs here, like The Pretty Thing's Bracelet on Fingers or Street Song by 13th Floor Elevators fed off the rawkous garage drive. -A thing that literally pushed the tracks into another dimension altogether, and yet on here they seem like mere shadows of themselves - reduced to lukewarm indie rock with mellow tasteless vocal delivery. It's much the same one faces with songs like Living in the Past by the now legendary Chocolate Watch Band and Velvet Sunsets from Music Emporium. The music seems like professionally recorded tracks inspired by Steven Wilson techniques and studio multi tracking gone completely berserk. Don't get me wrong, I happen to love Steven Wilson as well as his producing skills, but would I really like them transcribed onto my favourite psychedelic rock music from the sixties? No way in hell! Big mistake.

All of the songs lie uncomfortably close to the originals, which again shaves away any real room for improvisation or multifaceted imaginative b pieces interwoven in the old school batter. No siree! If they indeed had done something to that effect, I would better have understood their production choices, but alas - this was not to be.

I may sound tough, and I guess I would be lying if I said that I didn't find some form of enjoyment in this release, but if I really have the urge to listen to these brilliant classics, I'll pull out my old record collection any day over this. Childhood's End does have its more breathtaking moments, and especially the modern twist on Jefferson Airplane's delicate and fragile love song Today, sounds oddly beautiful and robust all at the same time here with its low bass vocals and doomy atmospheres. Still, I'd rather have the real McCoy thank you...

My guess is that the younger crowd here on PA will find a lot to love on this tribute album, and that is probably mostly down to them not knowing the originals like the rest of us. If such is the case, then I heartily recommend this recording, and I sincerely hope it will ignite a fiery sonic journey back through the wild and soulful annals of psychedelic rock that once flew like milk and honey in the skies of marmalade, where Lucy once sat cross-legged in amazement with a splif hanging from her lips.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#819953) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012

Post a review of ULVER "Childhood's End"