CHASING TIME

Alex Ojea - Drums
Jordi Amela - Keyboards
Jordi Prats - Guitar
Roger Vilageliu - Bass

Guest appearances by Alan Reed (vocals on Time Lapse) and Steven Rothery (slide & soloing guitars on In Debris)

Self released

Thanks to octopus-4 for the addition
and to lazland for the last updates

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Chasing Time Music

Mighty RiverMighty River
Benson
NATIONAL HEAD BAND Albert 1 CD 9 Track US Second Harvest 2008 US $21.30 Buy It Now 31m 42s
PAUL CARRACK Sunny CD 3 Track With Promo Info Stickered Case B/w Harvest For The US $8.46 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Barclay James Harvest XII Japan mini LP cd w/promo obi US $79.99 Buy It Now 41m 38s
Barclay James Harvest Gone to Earth / Die Cut Inner Sleeve / MCA2302 / TESTED US $10.75 [0 bids]
MAX MIDDLETON ROBERT AHWAI - ANOTHER SLEEPER LP N. MINT!!! ORIGINAL UK HARVEST US $24.21 Buy It Now 1h 5m
After the Gold Rush/Harvest by Neil Young (Cassette, Apr-2004, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 [0 bids]
1378 LP RECORD HARVEST OF HITS COUNTRY MUSIC PRECISION TV 78039 US $5.96 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Duran Duran 7" Vinyl Anyone Out There / Planet Earth 1981 Harvest Brazil release US $80.00 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST-STAND UP 4 TRACKS NM UK CD US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Bobb Trimble - Harvest Of Dreams (NEW CD) US $17.34 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Kevin Harris,NEW CD,Patient Harvest US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
LP, MATUMBI SEVEN SEALS, HARVEST US $32.28 Buy It Now 1h 32m
RARE AUTOGRAPHED DAVID MALONEY: The Harvest Is In LP Rock & Pop US $30.00 [0 bids]
Be Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic LP VG+ Harvest 1978 US $4.87 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Flinner Matt/Trio-Winter Harvest CD NEW US $19.43 Buy It Now 1h 43m
PINK FLOYD: Atom Heart Mother (Rock & Pop Harvest SKAO-382 CANADA Vinyl LP) US $9.94 [2 bids]
Boards Of Canada-Tomorrow`s Harvest CD NEW US $17.18 Buy It Now 2h
Syd Barrett - The MadCap Laughs ( Harvest Black - UK Lp - Gatefold ) US $119.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
BABE RUTH First Base ORIGINAL UK HARVEST FACTORY SAMPLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE ** FIREBAL / DEMON'S EYE - EMI / HARVEST RECORDS VINYL EXCELLENT US $9.67 Buy It Now 2h 13m
* NEIL YOUNG - Harvest US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Winter Harvest - Ear-rings Golden New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $27.07 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Triumvirat - Illusions On A Double Dimple - French HARVEST Press 1975 LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Deep Purple - Fireball 12" LP Harvest Re-issue 1971 EX+/EX+ US $8.07 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Octoberon 2442 144 UK LP 1st Press 1976 Polydor US $10.48 Buy It Now 2h 25m
SCORPIONS Lovedrive 1979 Import Fame/Harvest Label Original Cover Vinyl LP 70s US $31.47 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Four Aces with Al Aberts-Love Is A Many Splendored Thing/Shine On Harvest Moon US $11.95 Buy It Now 2h 27m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST LIVE TAPES ISRAEL 2 LP GATEFOLD US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Diamantina Cocktail 1977 Harvest Records SW11645 Little River Band VINYL LP XLNT US $6.95 [0 bids]
Deep Purple - Last Concert In Japan 12" LP Harvest 1978 Pathe Marconi EX+/EX+ US $11.30 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG Original USA Pressing With Inserts HARVEST LP! US $79.95 Buy It Now 2h 35m
BOARDS OF CANADA TOMORROWS HARVEST LP X 2 MINT US $32.28 Buy It Now 2h 38m
jOHN MELLENCAMP CD's "1994 "Dance Naked" NM 1999 "Rough Harvest" NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young-Harvest Live-'70 LIVE+OUTTAKES-NEW LP YELLOW US $44.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
HARVEST NEIL YOUNG ORIGINAL LP REPRISE 1972 WITH LYRICS US $39.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Barclay James Harvest singles x 2 - Live EP & Loving Is Easy Blue Vinyl both EX US $2.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD DARK SIDE OF THE MOON HARVEST SMAS 11163 VINYL NM- US $99.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Scorpions World Wide Live 2 Vinyl Records - French Pressing - Harvest EMI 1985 US $25.00 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds - Vinyl LP - Harvest, Capitol US $5.00 [1 bids]
HARVEST-NEIL YOUNG (SINGER-SONG WRITER) CD REPRISE ROCK/POP/COUNTRY US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ROCK N ROLL STAR PROMO 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Octoberon ~ VINYL LP US $10.16 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Barclay James Harvest programme 1975 tour, prog rock US $4.83 [0 bids]
BE-BOP DELUXE - Axe Victim - '74 UK press Harvest label prog glam LP - NM vinyl US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
BE BOP DELUXE Futurama '75 Harvest w lyric sleeve Bill Nelsonin shrink M- US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
BE BOP DELUXE Drastic Plastic '78 Harvest w lyric sleeve Bill Nelsonin shrink M- US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / BJH - Live Is For Living (1980) GERMANY PS US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 38m
SCORPIONS - BLACKOUT UK LP HARVEST -1982 - EXCELLENT CONDITION. US $8.06 [1 bids]
IRON MAIDEN KILLERS HARVEST ST 12141 CANADIAN BRUCE DICKINSON METAL RARE ALBUM US $12.92 [2 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Everyone Is Everybody Else 8-Track Tape US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
All Is Safely Gathered Anthology 1967-1997 Barclay James Harvest (5Disc Box Set) US $132.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
David Maloney - The Harvest Is In (Freckle Records - 1981) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 58m
PRETTY THINGS STONE HEARTED MAMA/ SUMMERTIME/ CIRCUS MIND HARVEST RECORDS 1971 US $8.06 [0 bids]
4h
HERMAN RAREBELL ROCK YOU ALL HARVEST RECORDS 7" SINGLE PICTURE SLEEVE SCORPIONS US $5.64 [0 bids]
4h
THE SCORPIONS NO ONE LIKE YOU HARVEST RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE PICTURE SLEEVE US $4.83 [0 bids]
THE SCORPIONS THE ZOO HARVEST RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE PICTURE SLEEVE US $4.83 [0 bids]
Harvest Moon by Neil Young (CD, Oct-1992, Reprise) BMG US $1.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD Wish You Were Here UK HARVEST w/POSTCARD 1 PLAY EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN US $35.53 [3 bids]
Roy Wood - Boulders - SHVL 803 - A1/B1 - Harvest LP Vinyl Record US $32.28 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Wizzard - Wizzard Brew - SHSP 4025 - A2/B2 - Harvest LP Vinyl Record US $29.05 Buy It Now 4h 22m
CAN - OUT OF REACH GERMAN HARVEST RECORDS - Prog Rock Kraut US $49.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Babe Ruth LP same self title nice copy, EX wax, Harvest no cut embossed cover US $6.55 [0 bids]
The Wilburn Family Harvest Records 1985 Blood Kin Rare NM US $15.00 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest LP Eyes Of The Universe 1979 Prog VG+/M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ONCE AGAIN LAMINATED GATEFOLD UK 1st PRESS ORIGINAL US $64.58 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / ALONE WE FLY / 16 TRACK COMPILATION / 1974 - 1987 US $8.06 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
CD Syd Arthur 'On and On' progressive folk revival on Harvest 2013 DIGIPACK US $0.99 [1 bids]
SCORPIONS import LP Blackout IN SHRINK harvest 64686 Italy press NO ONE LIKE YOU US $4.99 [1 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - 1975 Tour Programme US $6.46 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD LP "OBSCURED BY CLOUDS" HARVEST ST 11078 1972 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (Gatefold Sleeve) (Harvest) Lp US $48.43 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Little River Band Help Is On Its Way Harvest4428 VG (45-8048) US $6.49 Buy It Now 5h 14m
New Harvest CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST 87 TOUR EU PROGRAMME US $10.50 Buy It Now 5h 16m
NEIL YOUNG "NM WAX" Harvest P-8120R OBI LP W4297 US $10.50 [3 bids]
The Christians Harvest For The World 7" Vinyl P/S US $8.07 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Climax Blues Band 1969/1972 vinyl LP 1972 Harvest US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Gospel album Golden Harvest Quartet sings " Sand Mountain Style " US $5.00 [0 bids]
BE BOP DELUXE ELECTRICAL LANGUAGE / SURREAL ESTATE harvest 5158 N/M picture slee US $10.50 Buy It Now 5h 40m
SYD BARRET / BARRET FIRST UK PRESS ON HARVEST SHSP 4007 VERY RARE, PINK FLOYD!! US $180.00 Buy It Now 5h 43m
The Roy Wood Story - double lp on EMI Harvest SHSP 4081/82 VG+ to NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 51m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST : Compact Story of Barclay James Harvest CD (1987) US $7.53 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Maneige - S/T ~ Rare Canadian Prog Rock - 1975 Harvest US $7.50 [5 bids]
PINK FLOYD MEDDLE Harvest SMAS 832 Mastered by Capitol 1971 1st Vinyl LP N/M US $49.98 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Neil Young - Harvest ~ Rare W/ Lyric Insert - 1972 Reprise Gatefold US $10.05 [9 bids]
(145M) Alex Harvest Band, Iceblock - DJ CD US $6.06 Buy It Now 6h 30m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST OCTOBERON JAPAN EMPTY BOX FOR MINI LP CD US $30.99 [2 bids]
SEALED CASSETTE: VERN GOSDIN - IF YOU'RE GONNA DO ME WRONG / AMERICAN HARVEST US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Harvest Picnic A Breath Of Fresh Air Double Lp No Emi Box Pink Floyd Deep Purple US $13.73 [4 bids]
SEALED CASSETTE: VERN GOSDIN - THERE IS A SEASON / AMERICAN HARVEST 57709-4 US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
PINK FLOYD Meddle with Echoes LP 1971 Harvest Israeli Import SHVL 795 Rare Cover US $65.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Pink Floyd - Money / Any Colour You Like 45 vg- Harvest 3609 US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE SKYLINERS LP :"Harvest Time" Private Label SEALED from Mt. Airy, NC / Gospel US $9.95 [0 bids]
The Band Live LP Private Vintage Boot Vinyl Baby Don't You Do It King Harvest US $24.95 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Kevin Ayers Odd Ditties Harvest SHSM 2005 UK Import US $23.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Kevin Ayers That's What You Get Babe LP UK Import EMI Harvest SHSP 4106 US $17.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
ROY HARPER Flat Baroque & Beserk UK PRESS Folk/Psych Lp 1970 HARVEST EMI Logo EX US $79.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Spontaneous Combustion - Triad ~ Rare Prog Rock - 1972 Harvest W/All Inserts US $7.39 [7 bids]
FOUR R 'N' R LEGENDS (C.FEATHERS, B. KNOX, W. SMITH, J.SCOTT) - HARVEST - UK LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 7h 32m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Chasing Time ratings distribution

HARVEST Chasing Time reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars This is an album which requires many listens specially for me because I'm no longer used to neo-prog. My first impact with this second full length release by the Spanish band HARVEST has left me undecided, so I had to bring my ears back to when I was a Marillion's (Fish) fan.

I mean that neo-prog fans will surely like this album. It sounds between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN. Monique van der Kolk has a voice that I find similar (but not identical) to Heather Finlay and Steve Rothery guests on one track.

"Roundabout" is a very good song with the rhythmic part and even the guitar which appear influenced by the Marillion. It's Monique's voice which gives an added value to the song. It's very melodic. It's the kind of song that could become a hit with the right promotion but because it's good, not because it's more or less commercial.

A good start for the album, followed by "Intuition". Also on this song the vocals are the most relevant element together with the 12-strings guitar (at least I think it's a 12-strings) which helps the drums. I don't hear any Marillion here, maybe just a bit in the guitar solo. The melody is strong enough.

Piano and vocals open "The Spell". This is one of the highlights. Something in the sounds used made me think to pop bands like Cranberries or early U2, but the core is surely progressive.

"The Machine" is another very good song perfectly midway between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN on which Monique's vocals are almost perfect. Let me say that while the Marillion's influence is very clear and confirmed by the presence of Steve Rothery, a link with Mostly Autumn is something that I feel but I don't know if it's really an influence or just my idea.

"Time Lapse" starts on acoustic guitar with chords not very original to be honest. This song makes me think to PHIDEAUX, not a bad thing, anyway, and if you don't look for surprises the melody is good enough. After Monique there's a male voice (I don't know who is), then the two sing in choir in a little crescendo. Also the melody changes so that the song appears not so trivial like at a first glance.

A bit of rock comes with "In Debris", but it's only the intro. After few seconds we are in another very melodic song. Good melody also here, but there are probably too many slow songs in sequence. Probably a different tracklist with uptime and slow songs alternated would have been better. In any case this is not a boring song, don't get me wrong. Before the moment when electric guitar and drums make it rockier, it makes me think to Susan Vega, that's not prog but is an artist that I like. The second part of the song is again between Marillion and Mostly Autumn with an excellent interlude leading to a good guitar solo. Forgive the repetition: this album even if apparently easy requires several listens.

Another acoustic guitar intro for "Yesteryear". This song has a country-rock flavor. Monique sounds like a folk-singer. When the bass enters musically it's like being in the Fish era with a touch of Peter Gabriel here the vocals are very high-pitched. Nice song.

I again hear similarities with Susan Vega on the opening of "Unknown Skylines", but Susan's voice is not so powerful. This song is not comparable to Marillion or any other band. It's like the band is slightly finding its own sound.

"Silent Run" is an atmospheric track on which the vocals are sometimes very high-pitched, like KATE BUSH on Wuthering Heights. I don't know on which track Rothery plays,. Whoever plays, it's a very good solo. Not fast or difficult, but with all the notes in the right place. As in the previous song, also here I have the impression to hear the research of a more "personal" sound.

"Stars" which closes the album is the longest track. Imagine the Marillion of the early Hogarth period with Heather Finlay at the vocals and you'll have an idea of how it sounds. The guitar is more gilmouresque (can it be this the Rothery track?). I like particularily the bass solo interlude after 3 minutes and a half which leads to a section dominated by the guitar. This is the most complex track and an excellent closer. I haven't realized how good it is on the first listens, probably because I'm currently so involved with Avant and Zeuhl that I had to adapt my ears to less experimental music.

I have some difficulties about the rating. In the 4 stars definition "Excellent addition to ANY prog collection" I'm a bit concerned about the word "ANY".

Surely neo-prog and prog-folk fans will like this album a lot. "Non-essential" doesn't make justice as it's effectively a good album.

I'm rating it with 3 stars but I strongly suggest it to whoever loves this subgenre. The band is more than promising and I like their musicianship other than the excellent vocals. Having rounded up their debut I'm not feeling guilty also because I have taken 3 days to write this review and I hope to have done a good job.

With my compliments to the band. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#770071) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review by lazland
4 stars Harvest return to the fray with Chasing Time, and a welcome return it is too. The debut, Underground Community, was one of the best albums of 2009, and it is always interesting to see whether a new band can develop and improve. On both counts, this excellent band deliver.

Before detailing the album in full, I would wish to quote a passage from my review of Underground Community. I said: "Forays into harder material are not as effective as much else here. They should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at". Well, thankfully, the band took not a blind bit of notice of me, because it is those very harder tracks which absolutely shine out on this album.

Opener, Roundabout, starts off at a fair old pace, with solid riffs at the heart of an enjoyable rocker, interspersed with melodic interludes. Highlight, though, of the album, and a contender for track of the year, is the incredible The Machine, which deals with an agonising story, that of a boy watching his father burning in the garden shed. Worse, the father has committed the act deliberately, and pronounces "I wanted you to be proud" at the denouement. From a deceptively melodic opening passage, the track develops into a dark, foreboding, and emotional piece of music in which the ensemble excel, with particular mention going to swirling keyboards leading with heavy riffs and a doom laden rhythm section. Quite brilliant.

Those familiar with this band will know of the Marillion connection, and this is taken further by a guest appearance by the great Steven Rothery. This, however, is not the only star turn, for Alan Reed, formerly of Pallas, also provides guest vocals.

To Reed first. He provides vocals on Time Lapse, and his harmonies on this lovely ballad with Monique van der Kolk are another highlight of the year for me, thus far. A track full of melancholic heartache, with some great acoustic guitar work by Jordi Prats, this is special, as is the orchestration that sings at the close.

As for Rothery, he provides slide & soloing guitars on In Debris, and this is, perhaps understandably, the most recognisable song in terms of Marillion influence here, except, of course, there is no cover this time. The band have matured, in my opinion, beyond that. Fans of Steven's work will love it, but it should be made clear that he is guesting here on a Harvest track, and another one that shows their development as an outfit, especially in the heavier moments.

Before commenting on the remainder of this album, I think it might be apposite to point out that whilst Reed & Rothery (especially) might be good friends of the band, the pair of them are far too professional to appear on any old rubbish as merely friends. They guest on material that is worthy of their considerable talents, and this has it in spades.

Their are no epics here, as with the debut. The longest track is the closer, Stars, clocking in at just over eight minutes long. It is a track that those who found much of Happiness Is The Road a great experience will enjoy here, for there is a similarity in the way that a deceptively meandering piece of music can entrance and drag the listener into the experience. Jordi Amela, especially, provides some great keyboards, whilst the rhythm section of Alex Ojea on drums and Roger Vilageliu on bass fairly pound proceedings along. The guitar solos are also excellent, especially as the track concludes.

Elsewhere, we have the lovely Yesteryear, a short track, which marks the passage of time in an all too familiar way for those of us of a certain vintage.

Unknown Skylines is the one track which I have had to listen to most in order to get a true appreciation, but patience has its rewards, for this is similar to some of the best of the debut in that it matches the band's clear prog tone with post-indie sensibilities. Complex, and dark in places, another very solid piece of music.

Silent Run is another track which deals very effectively with a pretty difficult subject matter, this time the betrayal and bullying of a woman by a man, and her flight from the situation. This is another very good piece of music, with the blues right at its heart (if, by now, you were thinking reading this review that Harvest are not your "typical" neo-prog band, then you would be absolutely right. They are far more than that), before exploding into a massive wall of sound that puts many a heavy prog band to shame, and concluding with a dark and heavy strung out riff.

Intuition is a good melodic track, with some nice piano featuring strongly, and another well executed guitar solo to close, whilst The Spell is one of those pieces of music which you want to take to bed with you each and every night. A track about dreams, van der Kolk's vocals are rich, lush, and, honestly, to die for. The denouement is heavily Marillion influenced.

This is an excellent album. It was already on my "to buy" list for 2012 on release, simply because I enjoyed Underground Harvest so much. So, when the band, out of the blue, contacted me and sent me the CD to review, it was a very pleasant surprise.

They haven't disappointed at all. I gave the first album 3.5 stars, rounded up to four because of PA's rating system. For this one, a straight four. Harvest are a very strong outfit, with four fine musicians, and, in Monique van der Kolk, my favourite female prog vocalist of current times (and there is some pretty strong competition for that). Her voice is simply beautiful, and is at the heart of all that is going on here.

Very highly recommended, this is a self released CD available on the band's website now.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#773921) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 stars HARVEST is a relatively new group from Barcelona. They have several good friends in high progressive places, given that their second CD 'Chasing Time' feature Alan Reed (ex-Pallas) and Steve Rothery (Marillion). But the core members are: Jordi Amela (keyboards), Monique van der Kolk (vocals), ... (read more)

Report this review (#1097889) | Posted by PH | Sunday, December 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Chasing Time"