CHASING TIME

Alex Ojea - Drums
Jordi Amela - Keyboards
Jordi Prats - Guitar
Roger Vilageliu - Bass

Guest appearances by Alan Reed (vocals on Time Lapse) and Steven Rothery (slide & soloing guitars on In Debris)

Self released

Thanks to octopus-4 for the addition
and to lazland for the last updates

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Chasing Time Music

Early WorksEarly Works
Benson Records 1994
NEIL YOUNG Harvest & INSERT 1972 Reprise NEAR MINT US $10.96 [3 bids]
Rough Harvest, Mellencamp, John, New US $12.29 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Harvest Sampler CD Warner Special Products Chris Rea Fleetwood Mac Donald Fagen US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
"JOE ENGLISH BAND"PRESS ON-CHRISTIAN ROCK LP-POWER OF PRAYER,THE HARVEST,STOP US $2.99 [0 bids]
PorkFarm Blood Harvest Brutal Death Metal Aborted New Sealed US $6.66 [0 bids]
Wasteform Designed By Disgust Skinless Organ Harvest US $6.66 [0 bids]
CASSETTE: BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Gone to earth ROCK POP US $10.11 Buy It Now 2h 11m
CASSETTE: BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Best of ROCK POP US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h 11m
NEIL YOUNG HARVEST MOON CD NEW US $12.08 Buy It Now 2h 39m
DOUBLE LP GERMANY PRESS - PINK FLOYD (UMMAGUMMA)- 1969 - HARVEST C 188 04 222/23 US $34.99 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest "Life Is For Living" Rare Oz 7" US $5.58 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Third Ear Band Alchemy UK 1st Press A1 B1 Harvest Label No EMI Prog Psych Folk US $65.07 Buy It Now 3h 47m
BE BOP DELUXE hot valves HAR 5117 promo stickered uk harvest 1976 7" PS EX/EX US $12.71 Buy It Now 3h 49m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST gone to earth 2442 148 A1/B1 uk polydor 1977 LP PS EX/EX US $15.18 Buy It Now 3h 53m
SCORPIONS blackout SHVL 823 A2/B4U uk harvest LP PS VG/EX with inner sleeve US $23.13 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Barclay James Harvest - Mockingbird (CD 2001) US $8.42 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories (Mini LP Slv) US $17.95 Buy It Now 4h 3m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST concert for the people (Berlin) US $16.87 Buy It Now 4h 9m
HARVEST Living With A God Complex CD * Disembodied Converge Coalesce Rwake US $59.99 [0 bids]
WATER INTO WINE BAND - HARVEST TIME CD US $168.75 Buy It Now 4h 23m
BLOODLET Entheogen CD * coalesce converge brutal truth disembodied harvest US $12.99 [0 bids]
Neil Young- Harvest CD US $13.49 Buy It Now 4h 42m
the One who saves cd by harvest bible church US $4.99 [0 bids]
SHINE ON HARVEST MOON 40's sheet music, FROM FILM, ANN SHERIDAN, DENNIS MORGAN US $20.26 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Wizzard - Ball Park Incident / The Carlsberg Special, Harvest HAR-5062 Ex Con US $10.11 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Rare Greek ORG 45 DEEP PURPLE Woman From Tokyo / Black Night on HARVEST US $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 8m
NEIL YOUNG harvest ISRAEL israeli CD heart of gold US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Deep Purple Anthology double LP Harvest UK 1985 Import Gatefold EN 26 0612 US $39.95 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE HALLELUJAH/APRIL PT 1 GERMAN HARVEST 1C006-90510 US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Magenta Harvest - Volatile Waters [CD New] US $15.12 Buy It Now 6h 2m
ARK OF THE COVENANT - SELF HARVEST NEW CD US $18.43 Buy It Now 6h 4m
RON GEESIN & ROGER WATERS Music From The Body 1970 HARVEST MINT US $6.75 [1 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Gone To Earth CD NEW US $8.36 Buy It Now 6h 10m
PINK FLOYD The Dark Side Of The Moon 1973 EMI/HARVEST near mint US $30.39 [9 bids]
PINK FLOYD Meddle 1971 EMI/HARVEST Textured Gate Fold SUPERB EX++ US $20.26 [8 bids]
KEVIN AYERS YES WE HAVE NO MARANAS harvest 76 A1UB1U UK orIg Lp US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
KEVIN AYERS THAT'S WHAT YOU GET BABE harvest 80 A2UB2U Lp EX US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h 18m
PINK FLOYD The Wall & INNERS 1979 HARVEST near mint US $19.42 [8 bids]
PINK FLOYD Atom Heart Mother 1970 EMI/HARVEST mint US $20.26 [7 bids]
Harvest Ministers Little Dark Mansion CD Sarah Records indi pop twee US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
UK press PALLAS The sentinel LP 1984 GATEFOLD Harvest ?SHSP 2400121 US $26.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
PINK FLOYD Richard Wright TEST PRESS Vinyl 45 ZEE Confusion HARVEST UK 7" Promo US $74.38 Buy It Now 6h 37m
GERMANY press EBERHARD SCHOENER Bali-Agúng LP 1976 Harvest 1C 062-29647 US $40.48 Buy It Now 6h 37m
EX/EX !! Pink Floyd/A Collection Of Great Dance Songs/1981 Harvest LP US $55.71 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Pink Floyd/Obscured By Clouds/1972 Harvest LP/First Issue US $55.71 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Mellencamp,John - Rough Harvest [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 4m
FLINNER MATT/TRIO - WINTER HARVEST - COM45692 US $21.51 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Rev James Cleveland - Harvest Collection (2013) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.98 Buy It Now 7h 5m
78rpm SID PHILLIPS the trouble with love is love / when that harvest moon is shi US $29.55 Buy It Now 7h 19m
PRINZHORN DANCE SCHOOL - Seed Crop Harvest - 7" US $12.22 Buy It Now 7h 20m
DEEP PURPLE Fireball Original UK LP - Hard Rock Harvest Gillan Ritchie Blackmore US $19.92 [2 bids]
Arthur Lees Love Out Here Double Harvest LP 1970 1st pressing US $97.92 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE Book Of Taliesyn - UK LP on Harvest A1/B1 Prog Psych Captain Beyond US $14.35 [2 bids]
Barclay James Harvest- Centenary Collection - Best Of - CTMCD309 US $13.96 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Electric Light Orchestra(Vinyl LP)E L O Volume 2-Harvest-SHSM 2027-UK-VG/NM US $23.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Marshall Hain(Vinyl LP)Free Ride-Italy-3C 064 06716-Harvest-Ex/E US $21.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Electric Light Orchestra(Vinyl LP)E L O Volume 2-Harvest-SHSM 2027-UK-Ex/NM US $23.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Lights To The World(Vinyl LP)Live Worship From Spring Harvest 1985-Word UK-SOP R US $27.99 Buy It Now 7h 30m
BENNY HILL 'THE HARVEST OF LOVE' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.36 Buy It Now 7h 32m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST 'LOVE ON THE LINE' UK 7" SINGLE US $1.67 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Bobb Trimble - Harvest Of Dreams - SC163CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 7h 33m
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST - 7599272392 US $10.79 Buy It Now 7h 35m
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST (REMASTERED) - 9362497899 US $11.02 Buy It Now 7h 35m
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST MOON - 9362450572 US $10.82 Buy It Now 7h 35m
The Servant King(Vinyl LP)Live Worship Spring Harvest 1984-Day Spring-DAY 4021-U US $20.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Barclay James Harvest(Vinyl LP)Octoberon-Polydor-SPELP 13-UK-VG-/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Various(Vinyl LP)Spring Harvest 88-Spirit Of Praise-SOPR 2026-UK-NM/NM US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Barclay James Harvest ?- XII Label: Polydor ?- PD-1-6173 / US $24.98 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Be Bop Deluxe(Vinyl LP)Drastic Plastic-Harvest-SHSP 4091-UK-VG/Ex US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Barclay James Harvest(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-Harvest-SHSM 2013-UK-VG+/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
The Source 2013: Spring Harvest US $15.53 Buy It Now 7h 45m
The Source 2013: Spring Harvest US $20.30 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Barclay James Harvest-Titles/Song For You 7" UK 45 1975 US $5.05 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Rare Greek ORG 45 DEEP PURPLE Woman From Tokyo / Black Night on HARVEST US $24.99 [0 bids]
HARVEST 'CAN YOU NOT THINK OF A REASON ?' US IMPORT PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $11.80 Buy It Now 7h 58m
PALLAS - Eyes In The Night - Excellent Condition 7" Single Harvest PLS 1 US $6.74 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Barclay James Harvest - A Concert For The People (Berlin) POLD 5052 UK LP 1982 US $13.49 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Harvest Collection:mighty Clouds Of J - Mighty Clouds Of Joy US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Barclay James Harvest(Vinyl LP)The Best Of-Harvest-SHSM 2013-UK-VG+/NM US $15.18 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Be Bop Deluxe(Vinyl LP)Drastic Plastic-Harvest-SHSP 4091-UK-VG/Ex US $13.49 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Ronnie Lane And Slim Chance - Ooh La La: An Island Harvest NEW CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 8h 12m
THE CHRISTIANS 'HARVEST FOR THE WORLD' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $1.67 Buy It Now 8h 33m
GR. B. LP--THE PRETTY THINGS--SINGLES A+B--HARVEST HERITAGE--MINT- US $14.99 [0 bids]
MAGENTA HARVEST - VOLATILE WATERS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $35.19 Buy It Now 8h 45m
Golden Earings-Winter Harvest Dutch psych cd 4 bonus tracks US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 2m
Rev. Isaac Douglas 45 "The Harvest Is Plentiful" Gospel US $5.24 Buy It Now 9h 12m
NEIL YOUNG HARVEST DVDA US $40.00 [0 bids]
LA BELLE EPOQUE black is black 7" WS EX/ uk harvest HAR5133 US $11.80 Buy It Now 9h 29m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCE - PORTUGAL 45 FREE SHIPPING US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 40m
PROMO LABEL / BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST LIVE / JAPAN 2LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Revival CD NEW/SEALED US $8.42 Buy It Now 9h 46m
2 CD LOT NEIL YOUNG HARVEST GREATEST HITS US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 55m
PINK FLOYD 45 " Money / Any Colour You Like " HARVEST Canada 1973' US $19.95 Buy It Now 9h 56m
PINK FLOYD LP " Obscured By Clouds " HARVEST Canada 1972' US $24.95 Buy It Now 9h 57m
PINK FLOYD LP " Ummagumma " HARVEST Canada 1969' US $24.95 Buy It Now 9h 58m
Neil Young Harvest 1ST Press Reprise ms--2032 1972 31-176 VG No Reserve US $40.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG - HARVEST [NEIL YOUNG] [093624978992] - NEW CD US $6.03 Buy It Now 10h 16m
PINK FLOYD Atom Heart Mother Harvest Stereo SKAO 382 Canada LP near mint US $22.50 [8 bids]
1-HARVEST RECORD COMPANY 45's SLEEVES LOT #227-O US $3.75 Buy It Now 10h 20m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Chasing Time ratings distribution

HARVEST Chasing Time reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars This is an album which requires many listens specially for me because I'm no longer used to neo-prog. My first impact with this second full length release by the Spanish band HARVEST has left me undecided, so I had to bring my ears back to when I was a Marillion's (Fish) fan.

I mean that neo-prog fans will surely like this album. It sounds between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN. Monique van der Kolk has a voice that I find similar (but not identical) to Heather Finlay and Steve Rothery guests on one track.

"Roundabout" is a very good song with the rhythmic part and even the guitar which appear influenced by the Marillion. It's Monique's voice which gives an added value to the song. It's very melodic. It's the kind of song that could become a hit with the right promotion but because it's good, not because it's more or less commercial.

A good start for the album, followed by "Intuition". Also on this song the vocals are the most relevant element together with the 12-strings guitar (at least I think it's a 12-strings) which helps the drums. I don't hear any Marillion here, maybe just a bit in the guitar solo. The melody is strong enough.

Piano and vocals open "The Spell". This is one of the highlights. Something in the sounds used made me think to pop bands like Cranberries or early U2, but the core is surely progressive.

"The Machine" is another very good song perfectly midway between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN on which Monique's vocals are almost perfect. Let me say that while the Marillion's influence is very clear and confirmed by the presence of Steve Rothery, a link with Mostly Autumn is something that I feel but I don't know if it's really an influence or just my idea.

"Time Lapse" starts on acoustic guitar with chords not very original to be honest. This song makes me think to PHIDEAUX, not a bad thing, anyway, and if you don't look for surprises the melody is good enough. After Monique there's a male voice (I don't know who is), then the two sing in choir in a little crescendo. Also the melody changes so that the song appears not so trivial like at a first glance.

A bit of rock comes with "In Debris", but it's only the intro. After few seconds we are in another very melodic song. Good melody also here, but there are probably too many slow songs in sequence. Probably a different tracklist with uptime and slow songs alternated would have been better. In any case this is not a boring song, don't get me wrong. Before the moment when electric guitar and drums make it rockier, it makes me think to Susan Vega, that's not prog but is an artist that I like. The second part of the song is again between Marillion and Mostly Autumn with an excellent interlude leading to a good guitar solo. Forgive the repetition: this album even if apparently easy requires several listens.

Another acoustic guitar intro for "Yesteryear". This song has a country-rock flavor. Monique sounds like a folk-singer. When the bass enters musically it's like being in the Fish era with a touch of Peter Gabriel here the vocals are very high-pitched. Nice song.

I again hear similarities with Susan Vega on the opening of "Unknown Skylines", but Susan's voice is not so powerful. This song is not comparable to Marillion or any other band. It's like the band is slightly finding its own sound.

"Silent Run" is an atmospheric track on which the vocals are sometimes very high-pitched, like KATE BUSH on Wuthering Heights. I don't know on which track Rothery plays,. Whoever plays, it's a very good solo. Not fast or difficult, but with all the notes in the right place. As in the previous song, also here I have the impression to hear the research of a more "personal" sound.

"Stars" which closes the album is the longest track. Imagine the Marillion of the early Hogarth period with Heather Finlay at the vocals and you'll have an idea of how it sounds. The guitar is more gilmouresque (can it be this the Rothery track?). I like particularily the bass solo interlude after 3 minutes and a half which leads to a section dominated by the guitar. This is the most complex track and an excellent closer. I haven't realized how good it is on the first listens, probably because I'm currently so involved with Avant and Zeuhl that I had to adapt my ears to less experimental music.

I have some difficulties about the rating. In the 4 stars definition "Excellent addition to ANY prog collection" I'm a bit concerned about the word "ANY".

Surely neo-prog and prog-folk fans will like this album a lot. "Non-essential" doesn't make justice as it's effectively a good album.

I'm rating it with 3 stars but I strongly suggest it to whoever loves this subgenre. The band is more than promising and I like their musicianship other than the excellent vocals. Having rounded up their debut I'm not feeling guilty also because I have taken 3 days to write this review and I hope to have done a good job.

With my compliments to the band. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#770071) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review by lazland
4 stars Harvest return to the fray with Chasing Time, and a welcome return it is too. The debut, Underground Community, was one of the best albums of 2009, and it is always interesting to see whether a new band can develop and improve. On both counts, this excellent band deliver.

Before detailing the album in full, I would wish to quote a passage from my review of Underground Community. I said: "Forays into harder material are not as effective as much else here. They should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at". Well, thankfully, the band took not a blind bit of notice of me, because it is those very harder tracks which absolutely shine out on this album.

Opener, Roundabout, starts off at a fair old pace, with solid riffs at the heart of an enjoyable rocker, interspersed with melodic interludes. Highlight, though, of the album, and a contender for track of the year, is the incredible The Machine, which deals with an agonising story, that of a boy watching his father burning in the garden shed. Worse, the father has committed the act deliberately, and pronounces "I wanted you to be proud" at the denouement. From a deceptively melodic opening passage, the track develops into a dark, foreboding, and emotional piece of music in which the ensemble excel, with particular mention going to swirling keyboards leading with heavy riffs and a doom laden rhythm section. Quite brilliant.

Those familiar with this band will know of the Marillion connection, and this is taken further by a guest appearance by the great Steven Rothery. This, however, is not the only star turn, for Alan Reed, formerly of Pallas, also provides guest vocals.

To Reed first. He provides vocals on Time Lapse, and his harmonies on this lovely ballad with Monique van der Kolk are another highlight of the year for me, thus far. A track full of melancholic heartache, with some great acoustic guitar work by Jordi Prats, this is special, as is the orchestration that sings at the close.

As for Rothery, he provides slide & soloing guitars on In Debris, and this is, perhaps understandably, the most recognisable song in terms of Marillion influence here, except, of course, there is no cover this time. The band have matured, in my opinion, beyond that. Fans of Steven's work will love it, but it should be made clear that he is guesting here on a Harvest track, and another one that shows their development as an outfit, especially in the heavier moments.

Before commenting on the remainder of this album, I think it might be apposite to point out that whilst Reed & Rothery (especially) might be good friends of the band, the pair of them are far too professional to appear on any old rubbish as merely friends. They guest on material that is worthy of their considerable talents, and this has it in spades.

Their are no epics here, as with the debut. The longest track is the closer, Stars, clocking in at just over eight minutes long. It is a track that those who found much of Happiness Is The Road a great experience will enjoy here, for there is a similarity in the way that a deceptively meandering piece of music can entrance and drag the listener into the experience. Jordi Amela, especially, provides some great keyboards, whilst the rhythm section of Alex Ojea on drums and Roger Vilageliu on bass fairly pound proceedings along. The guitar solos are also excellent, especially as the track concludes.

Elsewhere, we have the lovely Yesteryear, a short track, which marks the passage of time in an all too familiar way for those of us of a certain vintage.

Unknown Skylines is the one track which I have had to listen to most in order to get a true appreciation, but patience has its rewards, for this is similar to some of the best of the debut in that it matches the band's clear prog tone with post-indie sensibilities. Complex, and dark in places, another very solid piece of music.

Silent Run is another track which deals very effectively with a pretty difficult subject matter, this time the betrayal and bullying of a woman by a man, and her flight from the situation. This is another very good piece of music, with the blues right at its heart (if, by now, you were thinking reading this review that Harvest are not your "typical" neo-prog band, then you would be absolutely right. They are far more than that), before exploding into a massive wall of sound that puts many a heavy prog band to shame, and concluding with a dark and heavy strung out riff.

Intuition is a good melodic track, with some nice piano featuring strongly, and another well executed guitar solo to close, whilst The Spell is one of those pieces of music which you want to take to bed with you each and every night. A track about dreams, van der Kolk's vocals are rich, lush, and, honestly, to die for. The denouement is heavily Marillion influenced.

This is an excellent album. It was already on my "to buy" list for 2012 on release, simply because I enjoyed Underground Harvest so much. So, when the band, out of the blue, contacted me and sent me the CD to review, it was a very pleasant surprise.

They haven't disappointed at all. I gave the first album 3.5 stars, rounded up to four because of PA's rating system. For this one, a straight four. Harvest are a very strong outfit, with four fine musicians, and, in Monique van der Kolk, my favourite female prog vocalist of current times (and there is some pretty strong competition for that). Her voice is simply beautiful, and is at the heart of all that is going on here.

Very highly recommended, this is a self released CD available on the band's website now.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#773921) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 stars HARVEST is a relatively new group from Barcelona. They have several good friends in high progressive places, given that their second CD 'Chasing Time' feature Alan Reed (ex-Pallas) and Steve Rothery (Marillion). But the core members are: Jordi Amela (keyboards), Monique van der Kolk (vocals), ... (read more)

Report this review (#1097889) | Posted by PH | Sunday, December 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Chasing Time"