CHASING TIME

Alex Ojea - Drums
Jordi Amela - Keyboards
Jordi Prats - Guitar
Roger Vilageliu - Bass

Guest appearances by Alan Reed (vocals on Time Lapse) and Steven Rothery (slide & soloing guitars on In Debris)

Self released

Thanks to octopus-4 for the addition
and to lazland for the last updates

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Chasing Time Music

Early WorksEarly Works
Benson Records 1994
Barclay James Harvest - Time Honoured Ghosts LP 2383361 UK 1st Press US $13.27 Buy It Now 30m 25s
Barclay James Harvest - Octoberon LP 2442144 UK 1st Press US $13.27 Buy It Now 42m 8s
Original Poster - Harvest 2013 Melbourne Massive Attack, Primus, Eels, US $14.02 [0 bids]
48m 10s
Ariel - Rock And Roll Scars 12" LP on Harvest SHSP4039 Plays Excellent US $19.93 [0 bids]
48m 39s
Barclay James Harvest - Everyone is Everybody Else LP 2383286 US $16.59 Buy It Now 50m 53s
kate Bush-Emi-harvest-Never for ever US $27.00 Buy It Now 56m 53s
Barclay James Harvest - Once Again LP SHVL788 A-1 B-1 US $33.20 Buy It Now 1h 8m
The Isley Brothers Harvest For The World (1976) UK LP US $4.97 [1 bids]
Rare cd RED HARVEST A Greater Darkness digipack Season of Mist mayhem satyricon US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Pink Floyd(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)The Wall-Harvest--Sweden-Ex/VG+ US $63.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Be Bop Deluxe(Vinyl LP)Modern Music-Harvest-SHSP 4058-UK-Ex-/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - TIME HONOURED GHOSTS - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.12 Buy It Now 1h 19m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - OCTOBERON - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.12 Buy It Now 1h 20m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - BERLIN/A CONCERT FOR THE PEOPLE - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.12 Buy It Now 1h 21m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - EVERYONE IS EVERYBODY ELSE - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.12 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Barclay James Harvest - Self Titled LP SHVL770 Textured Sleeve A-3 B-2 US $49.81 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - GONE TO EARTH - NEW CD ALBUM US $9.12 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Barclay James Harvest - Baby James Harvest SHSP4023 A-1 B-1 US $33.20 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Barclay James Harvest - XII LP A-1 B-1 US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ELO showdown LP 8 track green harvest label with boxed emi matrix a1/b2 sleeve h US $20.29 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Gillian Welch- The Harrow And The Harvest - 5249867172 US $20.69 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Easy to Love by Rano Papini (CD, Sep-2003, Harvest M... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Power of Love by Ariel (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Best Of LP A-1 B-2 US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 51m
1978 Harvest/EMI "Little River Band - Sleeper Catcher" Record (33) US $0.99 [0 bids]
KING HARVEST "7" SINGLE. US $4.97 [0 bids]
THE BANNED:LITTLE GIRL/C.P.G.J.'s:HARVEST 1977 EX/G 1ST PRESSING US $23.23 Buy It Now 2h 18m
The Shirts - Street Light Shine. Original 1979 Harvest Records Promo Poster. US $41.52 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Beasts of the Sun by Everette DeVan (CD, Jan-2003, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Just A Day Away '83 ORIG UK PICTURE DISC Great Copy! EX+ US $20.00 [0 bids]
NEIL YOUNG Harvest 1972 MS 2032 First Press Matrix 1C/2B Lee Hulko VG+/NM- vinyl US $15.79 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest - Through the Eyes of John Lees - Festivale (2002) NEW US $5.25 Buy It Now 2h 51m
UNCLE DICK'S OLD TIME SINGERS*SHINE ON HARVEST MOON / FOR ME AND MY GAL US $3.95 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Deepest Purple - The Very Best of Deep Purple - UK Harvest Records NM US $22.50 Buy It Now 2h 53m
SHIRLEY & DOLLY COLLINS anthems in eden ORIG UK HARVEST SHVL754 LP 1969 US $97.98 Buy It Now 2h 55m
PINK FLOYD - Atom Heart Mother / Album Cassette Tape / Harvest / 249 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 58m
BOARDS OF CANADA - TOMORROWS HARVEST - 12" VINYL LP ALBUM US $38.18 Buy It Now 3h 6m
KING HARVEST:Jumpin Jack Flash Part 1 & 2 (Jagger-Richards).RARE Aussie 7" -1973 US $14.03 [1 bids]
Barclay James Harvest BJH - Face To Face ORIGINAL WEST GERMAN 1987 POLYDOR CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 3h 24m
ROUTE 66 SPRING HARVEST LIVE WORSHIP 2011 US $4.09 Buy It Now 3h 27m
SWEATY NIPPLES Bug Harvest CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
be bop deluxe japan 1977 uk harvest label 7" vinyl single har 5135 US $8.29 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Pink Floyd LP DARK SIDE OF THE MOON ~ Harvest M- Original master recording Japan US $72.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Be-Bop Deluxe Sunburst Finish HARVEST CAPITOL Records 1976 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Only The Overcomers [LP] by Harvest (Vinyl, Greentree Records 1986) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Self Titled by The Shakes (CD, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
4h
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Time Honoured Ghosts prog Lp US $7.56 Buy It Now 4h 3m
LOVE:(w/Arthur Lee)Stand Out 2:57-Doggone 6:20-U.K. 7" 13-3- 1970 Harvest Demo US $84.98 Buy It Now 4h 9m
LOVE:(w/Arthur Lee-Jimi Hendrix)Keep On Shining-Everlasting-U.K. 7" Harvest Demo US $98.98 Buy It Now 4h 12m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Eyes Of The Universe prog promo Lp US $7.26 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Arthur Lees Love Out Here Double Harvest LP 1970 1st pressing US $93.00 [1 bids]
Pink Floyd, Meddle, Gatefold Vinyl LP, Harvest SMAS-832 1971, UK US $31.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Barclay James Harvest - Collection (2000) CD nr mint US $9.96 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Naglfar Harvest LMTD JAPAN PROMO CD+DVD TFCK-87413 NEW US $36.00 Buy It Now 4h 32m
PINK FLOYD A NICE PAIR (1st two Lp's) harvest double Lp EX+ US $41.50 Buy It Now 4h 32m
LP HARPER, ROY - HQ (HARVEST SHSP 4046) 1975 BRITISH ORIGINAL ISSUE, INNER US $24.83 Buy It Now 4h 35m
PINK FLOYD THE WALL harvest 79 UK double Lp VG+ US $46.48 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Doug * by N.I.L.8 (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Barclay James Harvest - Live 12" Double LP on Polydor 2384063 Plays Excellent ++ US $9.96 [0 bids]
Roy Harper / 1970 - 1975 / Harvest / EX US $6.63 [0 bids]
The Banned(7" Vinyl)Little Girl-Harvest-HAR 5145-UK-VG/Ex US $6.63 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Ordo Equilibrio,CD,Reaping The Fallen...The First Harvest US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
SCORPIONS-NO ONE LIKE YOU 1982 HARVEST 7" SINGLE US $6.63 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Wire - 154 (Remastered) - Scarce UK Harvest/EMI CD Issue US $6.14 [3 bids]
Deep Purple Collection 7 Original Cds Harvest Box Set CDDPB1 HTF Blackmore US $129.99 Buy It Now 5h 32m
BE-BOP DELUXE Dbl LP The best of and the Rest of 1979 Harvest Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Pink Floyd- The Final Cut - Superb NM 80's Harvest EMI CDP CD, NO IFPI CODE US $8.29 [0 bids]
Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 5h 49m
SHIRLEY & DOLLY COLLINS anthems in eden LP Mint- SKAO 370 Harvest 1969 USA Rare US $240.00 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Whitewater Gospel Singers HARVEST TIME FOR MAMA gospel bluegrass vinyl LP rare US $28.88 Buy It Now 5h 52m
27 CDS Pastor Robb Thompson Faith Week 2003 Family Harvest Church US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
ISLEY BROTHERS-HARVEST FOR THE WORLD 1976 TNECK RECORDS LP PZ 33809 EXC. VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Static * by Labels (The) (CD, Dec-2002, Harvest Media Group,LLC) US $0.49 [0 bids]
6h
LOVE -- OUT THERE -- (HARVEST SHDW 3) RARE UK ORIG DOUBLE LP!!! US $66.43 [1 bids]
MOJO New Harvest CD 2009 SEALED FLEET FOXES ANIMAL COLLECTIVE PAPERCUTS VETIVER US $11.94 Buy It Now 6h 19m
THE BANNED - LITTLE GIRL - RARE 1977 PUNK HARVEST 7" US $1.64 [1 bids]
1977 Little River Band, Help Is On Its Way, Harvest #4428, 45 RPM, VG+ US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Jim Sande - Harvest Bell Ride [CD New] US $15.01 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Harvest by Neil Young (CD, Dec-1992, Reprise) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Record Harvest Neil Young Released February 14th 1972 London Symphony Orchestra US $0.99 [1 bids]
Various Artists Harvest CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 51m
GOOGIE RENE "SHINE ON HARVEST MOON" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 6h 58m
EDGAR BROUGHTON BAND~IN SIDE OUT 1972 HARVEST GERMAN PRESS LP US $41.50 [0 bids]
EX/EX !! Shirley Collins/Amaranth/1969 Harvest Stereo LP US $73.07 Buy It Now 7h 6m
THE BROWNS - I HEARD THE BLUEBIRDS SING/A HARVEST OF COUNTRY SONGS - NEW CD US $10.56 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Ralph Lundsten, The New Age Pop. Swedish. Harvest 7C 062-35909. 1982. US $20.00 [0 bids]
SYD BARRETT - "THE MADCAP LAUGHS", RARE PSYCH, ORIGINAL U.K. "HARVEST", NM US $27.00 [9 bids]
Deep Purple Strange kind of woman DENMARK 1971 Harvest PS US $89.00 [0 bids]
Daystar  Harvest Baptist Bible College  Church  GUAM  Minty CD  New Case US $7.50 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Jethro Tull Blodwyn Pig Aviator Time Traveller Harvest Demo 45 NWOBHM Un-played US $49.82 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING - NO BARCODE HARVEST DUTCH CD pink US $6.64 Buy It Now 7h 38m
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA ELO DEBUT - 1st UK PRESS - EXCELLENT AUDIO - HARVEST US $18.25 [1 bids]
NEIL YOUNG Harvest LP Vinyl Record Album RARE N MINT NM UK Gatefold + Inner US $17.44 [8 bids]
The Best Of Barclay James Harvest Volume 3 Vinyl LP - Near Mint US $11.61 Buy It Now 7h 44m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ~ AUTUMN TOUR 1975 ORIGINAL UK SOUVENIR CONCERT PROGRAMME US $6.63 Buy It Now 7h 45m
THE MOVE -- MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY -- (HARVEST SHSP 4013) RARE UK ORIG LP US $41.52 [0 bids]
KEVIN AYERS - THE HARVEST YEARS 1969-1974 [BOX] * - NEW CD BOXSET US $64.98 Buy It Now 7h 46m
2000 BLUE HARVEST Plan B 12" SINGLE JELLYBEAN RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Magenta Harvest - Volatile Waters NEW CD US $16.76 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Various Artists For the Harvest Volume 1 CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 7h 50m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Chasing Time ratings distribution

HARVEST Chasing Time reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars This is an album which requires many listens specially for me because I'm no longer used to neo-prog. My first impact with this second full length release by the Spanish band HARVEST has left me undecided, so I had to bring my ears back to when I was a Marillion's (Fish) fan.

I mean that neo-prog fans will surely like this album. It sounds between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN. Monique van der Kolk has a voice that I find similar (but not identical) to Heather Finlay and Steve Rothery guests on one track.

"Roundabout" is a very good song with the rhythmic part and even the guitar which appear influenced by the Marillion. It's Monique's voice which gives an added value to the song. It's very melodic. It's the kind of song that could become a hit with the right promotion but because it's good, not because it's more or less commercial.

A good start for the album, followed by "Intuition". Also on this song the vocals are the most relevant element together with the 12-strings guitar (at least I think it's a 12-strings) which helps the drums. I don't hear any Marillion here, maybe just a bit in the guitar solo. The melody is strong enough.

Piano and vocals open "The Spell". This is one of the highlights. Something in the sounds used made me think to pop bands like Cranberries or early U2, but the core is surely progressive.

"The Machine" is another very good song perfectly midway between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN on which Monique's vocals are almost perfect. Let me say that while the Marillion's influence is very clear and confirmed by the presence of Steve Rothery, a link with Mostly Autumn is something that I feel but I don't know if it's really an influence or just my idea.

"Time Lapse" starts on acoustic guitar with chords not very original to be honest. This song makes me think to PHIDEAUX, not a bad thing, anyway, and if you don't look for surprises the melody is good enough. After Monique there's a male voice (I don't know who is), then the two sing in choir in a little crescendo. Also the melody changes so that the song appears not so trivial like at a first glance.

A bit of rock comes with "In Debris", but it's only the intro. After few seconds we are in another very melodic song. Good melody also here, but there are probably too many slow songs in sequence. Probably a different tracklist with uptime and slow songs alternated would have been better. In any case this is not a boring song, don't get me wrong. Before the moment when electric guitar and drums make it rockier, it makes me think to Susan Vega, that's not prog but is an artist that I like. The second part of the song is again between Marillion and Mostly Autumn with an excellent interlude leading to a good guitar solo. Forgive the repetition: this album even if apparently easy requires several listens.

Another acoustic guitar intro for "Yesteryear". This song has a country-rock flavor. Monique sounds like a folk-singer. When the bass enters musically it's like being in the Fish era with a touch of Peter Gabriel here the vocals are very high-pitched. Nice song.

I again hear similarities with Susan Vega on the opening of "Unknown Skylines", but Susan's voice is not so powerful. This song is not comparable to Marillion or any other band. It's like the band is slightly finding its own sound.

"Silent Run" is an atmospheric track on which the vocals are sometimes very high-pitched, like KATE BUSH on Wuthering Heights. I don't know on which track Rothery plays,. Whoever plays, it's a very good solo. Not fast or difficult, but with all the notes in the right place. As in the previous song, also here I have the impression to hear the research of a more "personal" sound.

"Stars" which closes the album is the longest track. Imagine the Marillion of the early Hogarth period with Heather Finlay at the vocals and you'll have an idea of how it sounds. The guitar is more gilmouresque (can it be this the Rothery track?). I like particularily the bass solo interlude after 3 minutes and a half which leads to a section dominated by the guitar. This is the most complex track and an excellent closer. I haven't realized how good it is on the first listens, probably because I'm currently so involved with Avant and Zeuhl that I had to adapt my ears to less experimental music.

I have some difficulties about the rating. In the 4 stars definition "Excellent addition to ANY prog collection" I'm a bit concerned about the word "ANY".

Surely neo-prog and prog-folk fans will like this album a lot. "Non-essential" doesn't make justice as it's effectively a good album.

I'm rating it with 3 stars but I strongly suggest it to whoever loves this subgenre. The band is more than promising and I like their musicianship other than the excellent vocals. Having rounded up their debut I'm not feeling guilty also because I have taken 3 days to write this review and I hope to have done a good job.

With my compliments to the band. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#770071) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review by lazland
4 stars Harvest return to the fray with Chasing Time, and a welcome return it is too. The debut, Underground Community, was one of the best albums of 2009, and it is always interesting to see whether a new band can develop and improve. On both counts, this excellent band deliver.

Before detailing the album in full, I would wish to quote a passage from my review of Underground Community. I said: "Forays into harder material are not as effective as much else here. They should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at". Well, thankfully, the band took not a blind bit of notice of me, because it is those very harder tracks which absolutely shine out on this album.

Opener, Roundabout, starts off at a fair old pace, with solid riffs at the heart of an enjoyable rocker, interspersed with melodic interludes. Highlight, though, of the album, and a contender for track of the year, is the incredible The Machine, which deals with an agonising story, that of a boy watching his father burning in the garden shed. Worse, the father has committed the act deliberately, and pronounces "I wanted you to be proud" at the denouement. From a deceptively melodic opening passage, the track develops into a dark, foreboding, and emotional piece of music in which the ensemble excel, with particular mention going to swirling keyboards leading with heavy riffs and a doom laden rhythm section. Quite brilliant.

Those familiar with this band will know of the Marillion connection, and this is taken further by a guest appearance by the great Steven Rothery. This, however, is not the only star turn, for Alan Reed, formerly of Pallas, also provides guest vocals.

To Reed first. He provides vocals on Time Lapse, and his harmonies on this lovely ballad with Monique van der Kolk are another highlight of the year for me, thus far. A track full of melancholic heartache, with some great acoustic guitar work by Jordi Prats, this is special, as is the orchestration that sings at the close.

As for Rothery, he provides slide & soloing guitars on In Debris, and this is, perhaps understandably, the most recognisable song in terms of Marillion influence here, except, of course, there is no cover this time. The band have matured, in my opinion, beyond that. Fans of Steven's work will love it, but it should be made clear that he is guesting here on a Harvest track, and another one that shows their development as an outfit, especially in the heavier moments.

Before commenting on the remainder of this album, I think it might be apposite to point out that whilst Reed & Rothery (especially) might be good friends of the band, the pair of them are far too professional to appear on any old rubbish as merely friends. They guest on material that is worthy of their considerable talents, and this has it in spades.

Their are no epics here, as with the debut. The longest track is the closer, Stars, clocking in at just over eight minutes long. It is a track that those who found much of Happiness Is The Road a great experience will enjoy here, for there is a similarity in the way that a deceptively meandering piece of music can entrance and drag the listener into the experience. Jordi Amela, especially, provides some great keyboards, whilst the rhythm section of Alex Ojea on drums and Roger Vilageliu on bass fairly pound proceedings along. The guitar solos are also excellent, especially as the track concludes.

Elsewhere, we have the lovely Yesteryear, a short track, which marks the passage of time in an all too familiar way for those of us of a certain vintage.

Unknown Skylines is the one track which I have had to listen to most in order to get a true appreciation, but patience has its rewards, for this is similar to some of the best of the debut in that it matches the band's clear prog tone with post-indie sensibilities. Complex, and dark in places, another very solid piece of music.

Silent Run is another track which deals very effectively with a pretty difficult subject matter, this time the betrayal and bullying of a woman by a man, and her flight from the situation. This is another very good piece of music, with the blues right at its heart (if, by now, you were thinking reading this review that Harvest are not your "typical" neo-prog band, then you would be absolutely right. They are far more than that), before exploding into a massive wall of sound that puts many a heavy prog band to shame, and concluding with a dark and heavy strung out riff.

Intuition is a good melodic track, with some nice piano featuring strongly, and another well executed guitar solo to close, whilst The Spell is one of those pieces of music which you want to take to bed with you each and every night. A track about dreams, van der Kolk's vocals are rich, lush, and, honestly, to die for. The denouement is heavily Marillion influenced.

This is an excellent album. It was already on my "to buy" list for 2012 on release, simply because I enjoyed Underground Harvest so much. So, when the band, out of the blue, contacted me and sent me the CD to review, it was a very pleasant surprise.

They haven't disappointed at all. I gave the first album 3.5 stars, rounded up to four because of PA's rating system. For this one, a straight four. Harvest are a very strong outfit, with four fine musicians, and, in Monique van der Kolk, my favourite female prog vocalist of current times (and there is some pretty strong competition for that). Her voice is simply beautiful, and is at the heart of all that is going on here.

Very highly recommended, this is a self released CD available on the band's website now.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#773921) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 stars HARVEST is a relatively new group from Barcelona. They have several good friends in high progressive places, given that their second CD 'Chasing Time' feature Alan Reed (ex-Pallas) and Steve Rothery (Marillion). But the core members are: Jordi Amela (keyboards), Monique van der Kolk (vocals), ... (read more)

Report this review (#1097889) | Posted by PH | Sunday, December 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Chasing Time"