CHASING TIME

Alex Ojea - Drums
Jordi Amela - Keyboards
Jordi Prats - Guitar
Roger Vilageliu - Bass

Guest appearances by Alan Reed (vocals on Time Lapse) and Steven Rothery (slide & soloing guitars on In Debris)

Self released

Thanks to octopus-4 for the addition
and to lazland for the last updates

HARVEST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HARVEST Chasing Time Music

Early WorksEarly Works
Benson Records 1994
Tom Robinson Harvest Gay Pride LP 1979 US $12.00 Buy It Now 30m 31s
LITTLE RIVER BAND "S/T" LP 1975 harvest US $6.00 Buy It Now 39m 7s
Crystal Lewis - Harvest 2000 - CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 40m 8s
LP BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST ONCE AGAIN EX/VG FAME RECORDS 41 3073 1 US $20.95 Buy It Now 40m 16s
SWEET SMOKE. DARKNESS TO LIGHT. ORIG HARVEST GERMAN LP.1973. A-1/B-1. PROG/PSYCH US $32.25 [0 bids]
47m 53s
MANEIGE self-titled LP Record HARVEST 1975 Le Rafiot - PROG US $5.99 Buy It Now 51m 35s
Soul Unplayed NM! 45 THE ISELY BROTHERS Harvest For the World on Tneck US $5.00 Buy It Now 53m 43s
TRIUMVIRAT Illusions On A Double Dimple LP UK Harvest/EMI Records 1974 EX/EX US $16.11 [0 bids]
54m 10s
Harvest Home: Songs From the Heart: Warland, Dale Singers US $13.24 Buy It Now 54m 32s
KEVIN AYERS Yes We Have No Mananas LP UK Harvest/EMI Records 1976 EX/EX US $16.11 [0 bids]
55m 14s
NEIL YOUNG "HARVEST" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Harvest Moon Neil Young CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Harvest Neil Young CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
BIG COUNTRY HARVEST HOME UK 1987 PHONOGRAM PICTURE SLEEVE 7 INCH US $3.21 [0 bids]
LP - PINK FLOYD dark side of the moon SWEDEN harvest YELLOW LABEL US $8.50 [5 bids]
THE PINK FLOYD / ATOM HEART MOTHER / UK HARVEST L/P WITH EMI LOGO / EX CONDITION US $16.11 [0 bids]
The Harvest Vol. 1 by US $11.10 Buy It Now 1h 39m
First Harvest, Alphaville, Very Good Import US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JOE KING The Harvest Has Begun CD Alliance 1997 exc US $5.81 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Beck Rare 10" Vinyl Record + REAL Original Painting A Harvest Field Beck Hansen US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
The Misters Greatest Tits Harvest ?- 1A 064-63 844 1980 BELGIUM US $48.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Barclay James Harvest - Early Morning Onwards LP US $3.21 [0 bids]
JOHN MELLENCAMP, ROUGH HARVEST, CD, FEATURES "RAIN ON THE SCARECROW" US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Little River Band - Sleeper Catcher LP Harvest 1978 US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h
CD "The Best of Praise and Worship" on Lifescapes Harvest 2002 US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Harvest Dick Anthony & Bill O'Brien~RARE 1977 Xian~Tempo of Kansas City R-7189 US $10.95 Buy It Now 2h 6m
PINK FLOYD The Wall 2x Vinyl LP Harvest SHSP4111 A-5U B-5U SHSP4112 A-3U B-3U US $96.77 Buy It Now 2h 7m
12"-Maxi-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST He Said Love / Hymn (1986) GERMANY PS /BJH US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
TRINITY Harvest Day ROOTS FROM THE YARD LISTEN US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 15m
BABE RUTH s/t Self Titled 1976 Harvest LP Italy Import Prog 12" US $14.86 Buy It Now 2h 23m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST The Best Of LP US $17.74 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Harvest Moon, , Good US $8.01 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Barclay James Harvest Octoberon Vinyl LP Embossed Sleeve US $4.03 [0 bids]
CD Bombs of Hades "Chambers of Abominations" death metal on Blood Harvest IMPORT US $0.99 [0 bids]
bjh BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Eyes Of The Universe GERMANY Polydor CD issue US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 41m
bjh BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Octoberon GERMANY Polydor CD issue US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 41m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST**LIVE TAPES**2 CD SET US $25.95 Buy It Now 2h 41m
POTLUCK - HARVEST TIME NEW CD US $21.01 Buy It Now 2h 50m
STILL FACTORY SEALED ORIGINAL LP~NEIL YOUNG~HARVEST~~with the TEXTURED COVER! US $379.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - ANOTHER ARABLE PARABLE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Harvest Collection: Albertina Walker - Albertina Walker New & Sealed Compact Dis US $13.29 Buy It Now 3h 4m
NEIL YOUNG "Harvest" West Germany TARGET (CD) Rare! OOP! NO BARCODE! Very Good! US $20.95 Buy It Now 3h 15m
MOVE:Tonight 3:18-Don't Mess Me Up 3:12-Belgium 7" Harvest 4C 006 04819 M w/SL US $44.98 Buy It Now 3h 18m
The Saints ?- Eternally Yours - RARE UK ORIG 1978 Harvest PUNK radio birdman NM US $29.99 [1 bids]
Bruce is Back Game of Death LP Golden Harvest YX-7037 Cam US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: And Other Short Stories LP (gatefold cover, sl cw) Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Octoberon LP (UK, inner, embossed cover) Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother Harvest SKAO-382 US $27.00 Buy It Now 3h 34m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST The Best Of UK vinyl LP,EXCELLENT CONDITION US $12.89 Buy It Now 3h 36m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Barclay James Harvest LP (some foxing spots inside gatef US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 37m
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST: Barclay James Harvest LP (Belgium) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Roy Harper: Bullinamingvase Harvest SHSP 4060 UK pressing US $17.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Iron Maiden S/T debut LP 1st 1980 st12094 harvest usa G2/G2 etch vinyl original! US $75.00 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Dolly Parton NEW HARVEST...FIRST GATHERING LP Record - RCA - Excellent US $15.00 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE STRANGE KIND OF WOMAN / I'M ALONE HARVEST 5033 COMPANY SLEEVE US $1.60 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE BLACK NIGHT/SPEED KING HARVEST 5020 1970 COMPANY SLEEVE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of the Moon-1973 Harvest SMAS-11163 US $10.00 [1 bids]
HEADBAND - HAPPEN OUT - NZ RARE HARVEST LP - EX - US $500.00 [0 bids]
4h
Neil Young: Gold Anniversary Edition, Harvest & Harvest Moon ~ NEW 2-CD Set US $149.95 Buy It Now 4h 5m
THOMAS DOLBY MINI LP RECORD *BLINDED BY SCIENCE* HARVEST MLP 150007 NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
Lot of (2) RARE Boondox - Krimson Creek - The Harvest SEALED CDs US $19.99 [2 bids]
Herman Rarebell: Nip In The Bud ~ LP Record Album ~ 1981 Harvest ~ SHSP 4118 US $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST Friend Of Mine(1978)BJH US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
ALPHAVILLE - First Harvest: Best Of 1984-92 (German pressing) US $6.99 [0 bids]
WIZZARD "MATERS OF ROCK" ITALY (2C 054-05697) HARVEST/EMI 1975 RARE VINYL EX++ US $29.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / BJH - Just A Day Away (1982) GERMANY PS US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
7"-Single BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST / BJH - Ring Of Changes (1983) GERMANY PS US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
RARE Modern Soul (45) Rudy Dardy "Never Was Intended To Be" (Harvest) .. HEAR IT US $199.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD-A NICE PAIR-HARVEST RECORDS-SABB-11257-1973 2 LP GATEFOLD US $8.50 [1 bids]
PINK FLOYD: Money 3:07-Any Colour You Like 3:13-Germany 7" 1973 Harvest EMI PSL US $84.98 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Little River Band "Diamantina Cocktail" 1977 Harvest LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
WIRE Chairs Missing orig UK 1978 Punk LP OOP vinyl emi harvest shsp4093 rare!! US $159.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Harvest Floor by Cattle Decapitation (CD, 2008, Metal Blade) US $10.29 Buy It Now 5h 30m
"Country Harvest" K-tel presents...1978/79 LP Record Very Good Plus US $1.99 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon record - Harvest UK - 1973 US $15.99 [0 bids]
Electric Light Orchestra - 7" single SHOWDOWN 1973 EMI HARVEST RECORDS HAR 5179 US $6.44 [0 bids]
Deep Purple..2 UK Harvest 45's - Black Night & Fireball US $1.60 [2 bids]
Duran duran. Rio. 1982. Nagel. Harvest records. Vinyl album. 33 1/3 rpm. US $8.00 [0 bids]
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST - Just A Day Away ~ RARE shaped PICTURE DISC ORiGiNaL US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
BILL NELSON'S RED NOISE. SOUND ON SOUND. HARVEST. 1979. PROGRESSIVE ROCK. US $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Rough Harvest by John Mellencamp (CD, Aug-1999, Mercury) - MINT US $3.50 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Neil Young - Harvest 1972 Cassette Rock US $0.99 [0 bids]
BOBB TRIMBLE HARVEST OF DREAMS VINYL LP SEALED + MP3 SECRETLY CANADIAN US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Shirley & Dolly Collins, Anthems In Eden, US Harvest Label, British Folk VG+/VG- US $19.99 [1 bids]
KING HARVEST DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT EX+ US $6.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD - MEDDLE ORIGINAL HARVEST BLACK LABEL EARLY JAPAN ISSUE CD AUDIOPHILE US $29.99 [0 bids]
Harvest 45 HARVEST FEELING / CAN YOU THINK OF A REASON ~ VG++ pop rock US $2.62 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Thomas Dolby Blinded By Science Mini LP 5 Songs Harvest 15007 still in shrink US $9.97 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Barclay James Harvest german with insert LP XII US $5.00 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest GF LP and Other Short Stories US $5.00 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest LP Everyone is Everybody Else US $5.00 [0 bids]
Barclay James Harvest LP Time Honored Ghosts US $5.00 [0 bids]
Harvest Only The Overcomers USA Cassette US $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Focus (1978 Harvest LP ST-11721 SEALED) Focus Con Proby featuring PJ Proby US $18.28 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Focus (1978 Harvest Stereo LP ST-11721 STILL SEALED PJ Proby) Focus Con Proby US $19.28 Buy It Now 7h 55m
NEIL YOUNG Harvest STEREO Gatefold LP REPRISE Records + INNER + Lyrics INSERT US $29.95 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Can / Flow Motion EMI Harvest Electrola made in Germany Faust Neu! record sealed US $24.99 [0 bids]
8h
Dolly Parton New Harvest... First Gathering US $1.99 [0 bids]
8h
rare brand new rock cd Desert Suns Junior Rodriguez Mojo Harvest Plant Tribe + US $1.99 [0 bids]
HARVEST DALLAS HOLM DON FRANCISCO WAYNE WATSON Best Of Early Works 1992 CD RARE US $12.95 Buy It Now 8h 14m

More places to buy HARVEST music online Buy HARVEST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HARVEST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HARVEST Chasing Time ratings distribution

HARVEST Chasing Time reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars This is an album which requires many listens specially for me because I'm no longer used to neo-prog. My first impact with this second full length release by the Spanish band HARVEST has left me undecided, so I had to bring my ears back to when I was a Marillion's (Fish) fan.

I mean that neo-prog fans will surely like this album. It sounds between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN. Monique van der Kolk has a voice that I find similar (but not identical) to Heather Finlay and Steve Rothery guests on one track.

"Roundabout" is a very good song with the rhythmic part and even the guitar which appear influenced by the Marillion. It's Monique's voice which gives an added value to the song. It's very melodic. It's the kind of song that could become a hit with the right promotion but because it's good, not because it's more or less commercial.

A good start for the album, followed by "Intuition". Also on this song the vocals are the most relevant element together with the 12-strings guitar (at least I think it's a 12-strings) which helps the drums. I don't hear any Marillion here, maybe just a bit in the guitar solo. The melody is strong enough.

Piano and vocals open "The Spell". This is one of the highlights. Something in the sounds used made me think to pop bands like Cranberries or early U2, but the core is surely progressive.

"The Machine" is another very good song perfectly midway between MARILLION and MOSTLY AUTUMN on which Monique's vocals are almost perfect. Let me say that while the Marillion's influence is very clear and confirmed by the presence of Steve Rothery, a link with Mostly Autumn is something that I feel but I don't know if it's really an influence or just my idea.

"Time Lapse" starts on acoustic guitar with chords not very original to be honest. This song makes me think to PHIDEAUX, not a bad thing, anyway, and if you don't look for surprises the melody is good enough. After Monique there's a male voice (I don't know who is), then the two sing in choir in a little crescendo. Also the melody changes so that the song appears not so trivial like at a first glance.

A bit of rock comes with "In Debris", but it's only the intro. After few seconds we are in another very melodic song. Good melody also here, but there are probably too many slow songs in sequence. Probably a different tracklist with uptime and slow songs alternated would have been better. In any case this is not a boring song, don't get me wrong. Before the moment when electric guitar and drums make it rockier, it makes me think to Susan Vega, that's not prog but is an artist that I like. The second part of the song is again between Marillion and Mostly Autumn with an excellent interlude leading to a good guitar solo. Forgive the repetition: this album even if apparently easy requires several listens.

Another acoustic guitar intro for "Yesteryear". This song has a country-rock flavor. Monique sounds like a folk-singer. When the bass enters musically it's like being in the Fish era with a touch of Peter Gabriel here the vocals are very high-pitched. Nice song.

I again hear similarities with Susan Vega on the opening of "Unknown Skylines", but Susan's voice is not so powerful. This song is not comparable to Marillion or any other band. It's like the band is slightly finding its own sound.

"Silent Run" is an atmospheric track on which the vocals are sometimes very high-pitched, like KATE BUSH on Wuthering Heights. I don't know on which track Rothery plays,. Whoever plays, it's a very good solo. Not fast or difficult, but with all the notes in the right place. As in the previous song, also here I have the impression to hear the research of a more "personal" sound.

"Stars" which closes the album is the longest track. Imagine the Marillion of the early Hogarth period with Heather Finlay at the vocals and you'll have an idea of how it sounds. The guitar is more gilmouresque (can it be this the Rothery track?). I like particularily the bass solo interlude after 3 minutes and a half which leads to a section dominated by the guitar. This is the most complex track and an excellent closer. I haven't realized how good it is on the first listens, probably because I'm currently so involved with Avant and Zeuhl that I had to adapt my ears to less experimental music.

I have some difficulties about the rating. In the 4 stars definition "Excellent addition to ANY prog collection" I'm a bit concerned about the word "ANY".

Surely neo-prog and prog-folk fans will like this album a lot. "Non-essential" doesn't make justice as it's effectively a good album.

I'm rating it with 3 stars but I strongly suggest it to whoever loves this subgenre. The band is more than promising and I like their musicianship other than the excellent vocals. Having rounded up their debut I'm not feeling guilty also because I have taken 3 days to write this review and I hope to have done a good job.

With my compliments to the band. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#770071) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review by lazland
4 stars Harvest return to the fray with Chasing Time, and a welcome return it is too. The debut, Underground Community, was one of the best albums of 2009, and it is always interesting to see whether a new band can develop and improve. On both counts, this excellent band deliver.

Before detailing the album in full, I would wish to quote a passage from my review of Underground Community. I said: "Forays into harder material are not as effective as much else here. They should stick to the tuneful, because it is clearly what they are best at". Well, thankfully, the band took not a blind bit of notice of me, because it is those very harder tracks which absolutely shine out on this album.

Opener, Roundabout, starts off at a fair old pace, with solid riffs at the heart of an enjoyable rocker, interspersed with melodic interludes. Highlight, though, of the album, and a contender for track of the year, is the incredible The Machine, which deals with an agonising story, that of a boy watching his father burning in the garden shed. Worse, the father has committed the act deliberately, and pronounces "I wanted you to be proud" at the denouement. From a deceptively melodic opening passage, the track develops into a dark, foreboding, and emotional piece of music in which the ensemble excel, with particular mention going to swirling keyboards leading with heavy riffs and a doom laden rhythm section. Quite brilliant.

Those familiar with this band will know of the Marillion connection, and this is taken further by a guest appearance by the great Steven Rothery. This, however, is not the only star turn, for Alan Reed, formerly of Pallas, also provides guest vocals.

To Reed first. He provides vocals on Time Lapse, and his harmonies on this lovely ballad with Monique van der Kolk are another highlight of the year for me, thus far. A track full of melancholic heartache, with some great acoustic guitar work by Jordi Prats, this is special, as is the orchestration that sings at the close.

As for Rothery, he provides slide & soloing guitars on In Debris, and this is, perhaps understandably, the most recognisable song in terms of Marillion influence here, except, of course, there is no cover this time. The band have matured, in my opinion, beyond that. Fans of Steven's work will love it, but it should be made clear that he is guesting here on a Harvest track, and another one that shows their development as an outfit, especially in the heavier moments.

Before commenting on the remainder of this album, I think it might be apposite to point out that whilst Reed & Rothery (especially) might be good friends of the band, the pair of them are far too professional to appear on any old rubbish as merely friends. They guest on material that is worthy of their considerable talents, and this has it in spades.

Their are no epics here, as with the debut. The longest track is the closer, Stars, clocking in at just over eight minutes long. It is a track that those who found much of Happiness Is The Road a great experience will enjoy here, for there is a similarity in the way that a deceptively meandering piece of music can entrance and drag the listener into the experience. Jordi Amela, especially, provides some great keyboards, whilst the rhythm section of Alex Ojea on drums and Roger Vilageliu on bass fairly pound proceedings along. The guitar solos are also excellent, especially as the track concludes.

Elsewhere, we have the lovely Yesteryear, a short track, which marks the passage of time in an all too familiar way for those of us of a certain vintage.

Unknown Skylines is the one track which I have had to listen to most in order to get a true appreciation, but patience has its rewards, for this is similar to some of the best of the debut in that it matches the band's clear prog tone with post-indie sensibilities. Complex, and dark in places, another very solid piece of music.

Silent Run is another track which deals very effectively with a pretty difficult subject matter, this time the betrayal and bullying of a woman by a man, and her flight from the situation. This is another very good piece of music, with the blues right at its heart (if, by now, you were thinking reading this review that Harvest are not your "typical" neo-prog band, then you would be absolutely right. They are far more than that), before exploding into a massive wall of sound that puts many a heavy prog band to shame, and concluding with a dark and heavy strung out riff.

Intuition is a good melodic track, with some nice piano featuring strongly, and another well executed guitar solo to close, whilst The Spell is one of those pieces of music which you want to take to bed with you each and every night. A track about dreams, van der Kolk's vocals are rich, lush, and, honestly, to die for. The denouement is heavily Marillion influenced.

This is an excellent album. It was already on my "to buy" list for 2012 on release, simply because I enjoyed Underground Harvest so much. So, when the band, out of the blue, contacted me and sent me the CD to review, it was a very pleasant surprise.

They haven't disappointed at all. I gave the first album 3.5 stars, rounded up to four because of PA's rating system. For this one, a straight four. Harvest are a very strong outfit, with four fine musicians, and, in Monique van der Kolk, my favourite female prog vocalist of current times (and there is some pretty strong competition for that). Her voice is simply beautiful, and is at the heart of all that is going on here.

Very highly recommended, this is a self released CD available on the band's website now.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#773921) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 stars HARVEST is a relatively new group from Barcelona. They have several good friends in high progressive places, given that their second CD 'Chasing Time' feature Alan Reed (ex-Pallas) and Steve Rothery (Marillion). But the core members are: Jordi Amela (keyboards), Monique van der Kolk (vocals), ... (read more)

Report this review (#1097889) | Posted by PH | Sunday, December 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HARVEST "Chasing Time"