ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS-THE MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

David Bowie

David Bowie Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack album cover

Buy DAVID BOWIE Music

7. White Light / White Heat
8. Farewell Speech
9. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Approx. Total Time 83 Minutes

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack tabs

- David Bowie / Vocals / guitar / sax / harmonica

- Geoffrey MacCormack / backing vocals / percussion
- Brian Wilshaw / tenor sax / flute
- Mike Garson / piano / mellotron / organ

Recorded live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London England July 3rd 1973

Thanks to mellotron storm for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack Music

Best of David BowieBest of David Bowie
Parlophone 2006
Ziggy StardustZiggy Stardust
Parlophone 1999
Moulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's FilmMoulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film
Soundtrack
Interscope Records 2001
The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)
Columbia 2013
Let's Dance [ECD]Let's Dance [ECD]
Scary MonstersScary Monsters
HeroesHeroes
DAVID BOWIE BRITISH ROCK STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 3 US $6.29 Buy It Now 41m 14s
DAVID BOWIE THE WORLD OF DAVID BOWIE RARE WHITE LABEL UK PRESSING US $11.99 Buy It Now 45m 56s
DAVID BOWIE CHANGESBOWIE CD JAPAN OUT OF PRESS OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 48m 36s
Orig. 1980 Australian RCA LP David Bowie " Scary Monsters ( and Super Creeps ) " US $13.48 Buy It Now 50m 57s
David Bowie Promo Radio Show-AN EVENING WITH DAVID BOWIE US $20.00 [0 bids]
51m 28s
David Bowie Rebel Rebel - 40th Anniversary 7" vinyl picture disc single UK US $41.13 Buy It Now 53m 25s
DAVID BOWIE TONIGHT JAPAN AUTHENTIC MINI LP CD OUT OF PRINT RARE TOCP-70155 US $17.99 Buy It Now 54m 33s
DAVID BOWIE: Tonight/ Tumble and Twirl [45] - Limited Edition Poster Sleeve US $2.95 Buy It Now 59m 7s
DAVID BOWIE - DIAMOND DOGS - CD - NEW - US $14.51 Buy It Now 1h 22m
The Buddha Of Suburbia - Holographic David Bowie CD single (CD5 / 5") UK US $31.01 Buy It Now 1h 23m
David Bowie The Singles Collection UK 2 CD album (Double CD) CDEM1512 EMI US $30.57 Buy It Now 1h 23m
DAVID BOWIE - BOYS KEEP SWINGING ( SLEEVE HAS DUTCH TITLES/DIFF. LABEL/ 7"PS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Cool World Original Soundtrack CD (Warner Bros. 1992) David Bowie Moby Ministry US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
DAVID BOWIE - The Laughing Gnome ~ 7" Single US $9.74 Buy It Now 1h 56m
DAVID BOWIE Fame and Fashion LP Vinyl JAPAN RPL-8239 W/ OBI - PROMO WHITE LABEL US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Old Rock Music Record Album ~DAVID BOWIE~ Vintage Vinyl Disc 1984 EP Single Mix US $17.95 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Station to Station (EMI 1991) Bonus Track Edit {CD Album} 0614-CB US $11.46 Buy It Now 2h 19m
DAVID BOWIE Changes One Bowie LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG+ 1976 Fan Club Insert US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Tin machine(David Bowie)-1989 magazine advert US $8.18 Buy It Now 2h 37m
David Bowie Christiane F. LP 1982 rca orig w/inner slv! ost soundttrack eno US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
DAVID BOWIE TIME WILL CRAW / GIRLS [ SINGLE EDIT ] VINYL 7" SINGLE US $2.28 Buy It Now 2h 58m
DAVID BOWIE HUNKY DORY CASSETTE RCA INT. German Issue NK 83844 US $4.90 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE ZIGGY STARDUST ABBEY ROAD DIGITAL REMASTER CD JAPAN psych punk lp 45 US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h
DAVID BOWIE Lodger LP UK 1st Press RCA BOW LP-1 A2/B2 Sterling GC Mastered EX+ US $81.93 Buy It Now 3h 8m
David Bowie VH1 Storytellers Taiwan Ltd Live CD+DVD w/OBI US $29.68 Buy It Now 3h 18m
DAVID BOWIE 1967 DEBUT PSYCH FOLK POP DERAM LABEL US $19.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Space Oddity lp new vinyl (40th Anniversary Edition) US $37.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
DAVID BOWIE - 24 Carat Gold Disc & cover - PIN UPS US $278.61 Buy It Now 3h 24m
DAVID BOWIE CHANGES TWO LP 811 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
David Bowie ?s/t 2lp deram vinyl new US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
David Bowie The Best of 1969-1974 Official CD US $6.54 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE-THE NEXT DAY-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 3h 39m
David Bowie The Best of 1974 - 1979 Official CD US $6.54 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Scary Monsters LP UK 1st Press RCA BOW LP-2 A3/B4 TOWNHOUSE EX+ US $65.54 Buy It Now 3h 47m
DAVID BOWIE Japan LIMITED POSTER SLEEVE 7"/45 TONIGHT US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DAVID BOWIE - RAREST SERIES 12 TRACK LIVE COMP. CD NEW US $11.46 Buy It Now 4h
David Bowie - Reality (CD 2003). Very good + condition US $0.82 [0 bids]
4h
David Bowie ~ Changes CD - SA Seller Fast Post US $4.04 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Mike Garson 'The Oxford Sessions' US CD (David Bowie) US $19.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - REALITY ~ 11 Track CD Album ~ 2003 *NEW* US $12.79 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Rare David Bowie Glass Spider Live DVD NTSC 20 Tracks on 1 DVD inc Case Inlay US $32.79 Buy It Now 4h 45m
David Bowie - Reality LP sealed 180g Green Vinyl Rare US $49.17 [0 bids]
The World Of David Bowie Decca SPA 58 Stereo 12" 33rpm Record Excellent ZAL 9453 US $8.18 Buy It Now 4h 47m
David Bowie - Earthling LP 180g BlueVinyl Rare Mint US $49.17 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Valentine's Day 7in picture disc Mint US $11.47 [0 bids]
David Bowie - The Next Day 2LP sealed inc cd copy of album US $32.78 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - VH1 STORY TELLERS (+DVD) NEW CD US $34.01 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Rare David Bowie Tin Machine Cassette Tapes Set of 7 All VG Order US $37.71 Buy It Now 4h 52m
DAVID BOWIE - The Laughing Gnome - CRAZY MOD PSYCH 45 (DERAM) US $1.62 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE "THURSDAY'S CHILD" RARE ENHANCED CD SINGLE US $7.85 Buy It Now 4h 58m
DAVID BOWIE - 7" Platinum Disc - STARMAN US $114.72 Buy It Now 5h 3m
David Bowie, Press conference, NEW/MINT Australia shaped blue vinyl 7" single US $24.57 Buy It Now 5h 3m
David Bowie~Hunky Dory. 1999 (1971) (Remastered) US $6.56 [0 bids]
ROD STEWART-DAVID BOWIE-J J CALE-JAM- ROCK CLASSICS - CD GREEK COLLECTION US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 12m
DAVID BOWIE-bowie at the beeb/2cds/37 trax/ex con cds/2000-bbc sessions-68-72 US $4.92 [1 bids]
David Bowie - Christiane F. CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 5h 14m
David Bowie Heathen Album 2002 Magazine Advert #1065 US $8.18 Buy It Now 5h 14m
DAVID BOWIE IS WALKING IN SOHO rare promo only London tour map for V and A show. US $19.67 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE -HEROES (IN FRENCH) / V2 SCHNEIDER- ORIGINAL FRENCH 7" SP 45 US $14.90 Buy It Now 5h 23m
David Bowie(7" Vinyl)Boys Keep Swinging / Fantastic Voice-RCA-BOW 2-UK-VG+/Ex+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
David Bowie(7" Vinyl P/S)DJ-RCA-BOW 3-UK-Ex/Ex+ US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
David Bowie(7" Vinyl)Heros / V-2 Schneider-RCA-PB 1121-UK-VG/NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
David Bowie(7" Vinyl)Sorrow / Amsterdam-RCA-RCA 2424-UK-Ex/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
David Bowie(7" Vinyl)Life On Mars / The Man Who Sold The World-RCA-UK-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
David Bowie - AIR- MOBY - Heathen 2CD LIMITED EDITION US $13.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
DAVID BOWIE Heathen 180G Vinyl LP Music On Vinyl NEW & SEALED US $34.33 Buy It Now 5h 42m
DAVID BOWIE - THE NEXT DAY CD ~ WHERE ARE WE NOW~THE STARS~VALENTINE'S DAY *NEW* US $14.49 Buy It Now 5h 48m
ROXY MUSIC POSTER. Bryan Ferry, Glam rock, David Bowie US $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
DAVID BOWIE AND PAT METHENY GROUP THIS IS NOT AMERICA OZ RELEASE 7" 45 SINGLE US $7.14 Buy It Now 5h 52m
David Bowie-Sound And Vision-7" Vinyl-Framed-Wall Clock-Fantastic Gift Idea US $24.57 Buy It Now 5h 58m
DAVID BOWIE Aladdin Sane CD BRAND NEW US $13.32 Buy It Now 6h
LETS DANCE~DAVID BOWIE.VINYL.LP.VG/exc US $18.01 Buy It Now 6h 5m
DAVID BOWIE ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS 1986 EXYU CASSETTE TAPE US $20.49 Buy It Now 6h 8m
DAVID BOWIE NEVER LET ME DOWN 1987 UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE US $16.39 Buy It Now 6h 8m
DAVID BOWIE WITH PAT METHENY GROUP 7" 45 RPM PS ROCK POP THIS IS NOT AMERICA EMI US $2.47 Buy It Now 6h 9m
DAVID BOWIE , ULTRA RARE SOUTH AFRICA PRESSING , ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS US $4.92 Buy It Now 6h 13m
DAVID BOWIE - LET'S DANCE - UK 1983 CASSETTE TAPE US $9.82 Buy It Now 6h 21m
INSTANT XMAS PARTY - DAVID BOWIE & BING CROSBY / MICHAEL BALL / WOMBLES ETC.- CD US $8.18 Buy It Now 6h 27m
David Bowie - Singles Collection [UK] (1993)(436) US $4.90 Buy It Now 6h 34m
David Bowie - Best Of 1969-1974 The (1997)(437) US $4.90 Buy It Now 6h 37m
David Bowie : David Live: at the Tower Theatre Philadelphia/Remastered (2CDs) US $12.26 Buy It Now 6h 40m
David Bowie: Let's Dance / Cat People (Putting Out The Fire) 7" 45 VG++ Canada US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
David Bowie - Hours / MiniDisc US $12.29 Buy It Now 6h 46m
David Bowie The Man Who Sold the World Japan Tour ED LP OBI NM US $27.01 [2 bids]
David Bowie Heroes Japan Rare LP OBI INSERT US $19.99 [1 bids]
David Bowie Pin Ups Japan Early Press LP PINK OBI INSERT NM US $43.00 [7 bids]
Aladdin Sane by David Bowie,Toshiba EMI, Japan Mini LP CD, TOCP-70145, US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
DAVID BOWIE - 1996 Magazine Poster US $7.38 Buy It Now 6h 52m
David Bowie - The Best Of 1974-1979 (CD 1998) NEW!! FREE!! UK 24-HR POST!! US $7.78 Buy It Now 6h 54m
DAVID BOWIE SPACE ODDITY rca 3 track Ep US $6.54 Buy It Now 7h
David Bowie Don't Fake It Baby Ziggy Stardust T-Shirt New . Sealed . Medium US $8.18 [0 bids]
7h
TIN MACHINE - TIN MACHINE LP DAVID BOWIE US $9.82 Buy It Now 7h 2m
DAVID BOWIE - BOWIE RARE LP US $9.82 Buy It Now 7h 4m
David Bowie-Modern Love-7" Vinyl-Framed Wall Clock-Great Gift Idea US $24.57 Buy It Now 7h 5m
David Bowie - Heathen.cd US $9.83 Buy It Now 7h 6m
DAVID BOWIE - STAGE DOUBLE LP US $16.37 Buy It Now 7h 9m
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel US $2.61 Buy It Now 7h 11m
David Bowie Mr Lawrence_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_Ships From AUSTRALIA!_A4 US $9.87 Buy It Now 7h 11m
David Bowie - Modern Love US $2.61 Buy It Now 7h 13m
David Bowie - John I'm Only Dancing US $2.61 Buy It Now 7h 13m

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack reviews

3 stars I was never a fan of Bowie in my younger years although I certainly did enjoy several of his songs from the radio. The problem was there were also several I didn't like so I just assumed his albums would also be hit and miss for me. I bought this one back before I discovered Prog and was desperate for some good music. This was recorded live in July of 1973, the final concert of his "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" tour. It took place at the Odeon Hammersmith in London, England and was billed as his last tour ever. He just didn't explain at the time that this was just the last tour for his Ziggy Stardust persona. Still it must have been an amazing show to see live. There was also a video made available of this show which I haven't seen. Both weren't released until 10 years after the fact in 1983. I'm not sure why, but the sound quality may have been one reason. Apparently it's awful. I have the remastered version which is cleaned up pretty good. This set also has lots of info in it including a fake ticket stub from the evening. Very well packaged and my set is copy controlled as well. The discs are red with yellow tops.

This is a two disc affair with some 83 minutes of music. Mick Ronson really impressed me on guitar and it's cool that Bowie plays sax and harmonica during this show. The first song "Hang On To Yourself" is a little raw sounding especially the guitar. I'm guessing it's the sound quality. Not a big fan of this rocker but the guitar is good. "Ziggy Stardust" is a top three from disc one. Again raw guitar to open as Bowie joins in vocally. Great track. "Watch That Man" opens with guitar once again as the rest join in quickly including the vocals. Catchy but I don't like it. "Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud" is ballad-like but it does get fuller and blends into "All The Young Dudes" a top three as well. Horns too in this one.

"Oh ! You Pretty Things" is a short piece with vocals and piano then it kicks in before a minute. It's okay. "Moonage Daydream" has some excellent sounding guitar and mellotron in it. "Changes" is a song i've never liked. "Space Oddity" on the other hand is my favourite Bowie tune. On the original song they planned to use strings so they brought in session keyboardist Rick Wakemen to lay down a mellotron pattern that would be a guide for the strings. The producer liked it so much they kept what Rick had done and double tracked it. Classic tune including horns and mellotron on this live version. "My Death" ends disc one with Bowie telling the crowd to be quiet and thanking them when they finally obey.

Disc two begins with "Cracked Actor" with more raw guitar and some harmonica too. "Time" puts the focus on the vocals and piano then it kicks in as contrasts continue. Lots of vocal melodies late. "The Width Of A Circle" is the most impressive track on here. Almost 16 minutes of guitar driven Rock. Love it ! "Lets Spend The Night Together" is a weak cover in my opinion. "Suffragette City" is great and ends the concert with the last two songs being encore tracks. "White Lights / White Heat" is excellent. I really like this one and the verses remind me of ROXY MUSIC. "Rock n Roll Suicide" ends it and it sounds so much better when it finally kicks into gear.

This is a good live document but make sure you get the remastered version.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#775973) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 22, 2012

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars I am not a big Bowie fan, though I wish I was. I gracefully bow before his musical genius. Still, there are only a few scattered songs that I truly love and apart from "The man who sold the world" I can't really claim to have a single album by the man I truly dig. And I am not, generally, not a fan of live albums either. Imagine my surprise, then, when I bought this live album and found it truly great. And by Bowie at that!

The concert is a magnificent, high powered rock blow-out of the best calibre. There are a lot of songs I didn't know beforehand, but they sound so amazingly powerful I can't help but be astounded.

There is an enormous amount of atmosphere on these discs. You feel the tension, the power, the energy, the magic and you wish you'd been there. Bowie sounds great, the band kicks up a storm and the combination of aggressive, guitar driven hardrock and mellower, sometimes chanson-ish tunes (like My death) makes the album diverse and entertaining, thrilling even.

My favorite track is The width of a circle. 16 minutes of frenzy, overdrive and powerful drumming combined with a splendid bass gets me going anytime. That is the sound of the 70's great hard rock sound. Really, really nice track.

All in all it's not only a great Bowie-album but a really amazing live album and a document from a time where rock'n'roll seemed to have endless possibilities. I love it.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#925524) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 07, 2013

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack"