ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS-THE MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

David Bowie

David Bowie Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack album cover

Buy DAVID BOWIE Music

7. White Light / White Heat
8. Farewell Speech
9. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Approx. Total Time 83 Minutes

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack tabs

- David Bowie / Vocals / guitar / sax / harmonica

- Geoffrey MacCormack / backing vocals / percussion
- Brian Wilshaw / tenor sax / flute
- Mike Garson / piano / mellotron / organ

Recorded live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London England July 3rd 1973

Thanks to mellotron storm for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack Music

Best of David BowieBest of David Bowie
Parlophone 2006
Ziggy StardustZiggy Stardust
Hunky DoryHunky Dory
Parlophone 2008
Moulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's FilmMoulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film
Soundtrack
Interscope Records 2001
LowLow
Parlophone 1999
The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)
Columbia 2013
Young AmericansYoung Americans
HeroesHeroes
Man Who Sold the WorldMan Who Sold the World
DAVID BOWIE Aladdin Sane CD Japan 10 tracks EMI TOCP-6206 obi US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 53s
David Bowie Reality SACD Super Audio Hybrid Mint US $74.99 [0 bids]
31m 25s
David Bowie(Vinyl LP Gatefold)David Bowie-Super Star-SU 1027-Italy-VG+/Ex US $25.99 Buy It Now 34m 10s
David Bowie - Jump They Say Double Pack Uk CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 37m 32s
David Bowie SOUND & VISION THE CD PRESS RELEAS US DJ CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 37m 38s
David Bowie Survive Uk Cd Pt 2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 37m 43s
David Bowie: Let's Dance (NO ifpi, EMI, Japan) US $29.99 Buy It Now 43m 10s
David Bowie Hours CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 44m 5s
DAVID BOWIE YOUNG AMERICANS US $5.00 Buy It Now 45m 57s
David Bowie - Day In Day Out - EMI - 1987 #133218 US $4.96 Buy It Now 48m 52s
DAVID BOWIE - Let's Dance - 1983 UK 7" Vinyl Single US $16.57 Buy It Now 49m 54s
DAVID BOWIE / PAT METHENY GROUP - THIS IS NOT AMERICA - 7" VINYL PS 1985 EMI US $4.96 Buy It Now 52m 54s
DAVID BOWIE - Life On Mars - 1973 UK 7" vinyl single US $49.73 Buy It Now 54m 1s
David Bowie 45 "Tonight / Tumble And Twirl" w/ Poster Picture Sleeve US $4.99 Buy It Now 55m 55s
10 LP LOT 1980's Blowout Pat Benatar Townshed David Bowie Tina Turner 80's Vinyl US $19.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Space Oddity 180 Gram UK SIMPLY VINYL SILVER STICKER RARE PRESSING US $84.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
David Bowie Narrates Prokofiev's Peter And The Wolf (NO ifpi, RCA, Canada) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
David Bowie LP Space Oddity 1972 In Shrink w Sticker M-/VG++ US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Best Of...1969/1974 - David Bowie New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.06 Buy It Now 1h 18m
90s PrettyWoman Malaysia Cassette Julia Roberts Richard Gere ROXETTE David Bowie US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
David Bowie - Never Let Me Down LP Vinyl Record US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
David Bowie-Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Ma- 2 CD -UK FREE FASTPOST US $12.59 Buy It Now 1h 26m
DAVID BOWIE - VALENTINE'S DAY ORIGINAL MINT 7" VINYL SINGLE PICTURE DISC US $8.28 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - BOWIE'S GREATEST HITS FROM KNOCK ON WOOD ORIGINAL 7" FLEXI SINGLE US $13.25 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE : PICTURE DISC, VINYL LP RECORD, INTERVIEW DISC,VERY RARE, NEAR MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
David Bowie Fairies Nashville Teens Import Garage Comp Sealed LP UK Groups US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Bridge School Concerts CD Pearl Jam Tom Petty Neil Young Beck David Bowie US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Never Let Me Down by DAVID BOWIE Indonesia Cassette NEW SEALED RARE OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
David Bowie - Valentines Day 7" Picture Disc Now Shipping US $9.93 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Dead Man Walking by David Bowie (3 Track Single)(CD, 1997, Import (Germany)) US $9.95 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Knock On Wood 7 Inch Picture Disc *Pre-Order 40th Anniversary US $21.54 Buy It Now 1h 50m
david bowie changes one fame & fashion lps sorrow golden years 45 7" US $1.64 [1 bids]
The Man Who Sold the World [Remaster] by David Bowie (CD, Sep-1999, Virgin) US $1.75 [3 bids]
2h
DAVID BOWIE 1973 spanish 45 PS The JEAN GENIE orange label US $39.99 [0 bids]
2h
DAVID GILMOUR ARNOLD LAYNE DAVID BOWIE Pink Floyd 10" Sealed US $18.04 Buy It Now 2h 9m
David Bowie And I Say To Myself/Good Morning Girl unofficial release 7" Vinyl US $30.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie, Who can I be now NM-/EX Rare unofficial promo 7" Vinyl single US $50.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie And The Hype The Prettiest Star Rare unofficial release 7" Vinyl US $20.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Space Oddity b/w Changes/Velvet Goldmine UK 7" ex minus US $6.62 Buy It Now 2h 12m
DAVID BOWIE PETER & THE WOLF rca German Lp MINT US $24.86 Buy It Now 2h 17m
DAVID BOWIE/1990 JAPAN TOUR BROCHURE US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/1990 WORLD TOUR BROCHURE JAPANESE VERSION US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/JAPAN TOUR`83 BROCHURE US $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/JPN TOUR 90 AT TOKYO DOME pamphlet w/STUB US $54.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/LET`S DANCE EP PIC DISC w/OBI JPN EYS91069 US $56.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/LET`S DANCE JPN EYS17350 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/LODGER ORIG UK PL13254 US $59.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/MODERN LOVE JPN EYS17403 US $14.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
DAVID BOWIE/RARE GER PL89001 US $16.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DAVID BOWIE/STAGE YELLOW VINYL UK PL02913(2) US $98.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DAVID BOWIE/TONIGHT w/ LARGE POSTER JPN EYS-91092 US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DAVID BOWIE/TONIGHT w/OBI PROMO JPN EYS91092 US $31.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
DAVID BOWIE/UNDERGROUND WLP JPN EYS17635 US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
David Bowie - 1.Outside - Audio Cassette Tape - PLAY TESTED US $11.53 Buy It Now 2h 23m
David Bowie Glass Spider Tour Special 2LP Promo DIR NM US $89.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
David Bowie Press Conf Tivoli Club Australia 1987 7" Rock Single MINT US $5.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Reality CD 2003 NEW Never Get Old/New Killer Star+ US $8.28 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Young Americans [Remaster] [ECD] by DAVID BOWIE (CD, 1999, EMI) NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
1986 Absolute Beginners Soundtrack LP David Bowie SV-17182 NM PRISTINE Vinyl US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 49m
DAVID BOWIE CAT PEOPLE 7" US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Changesbowie by David Bowie ( Au20/Rykodisc) (24 Carat Gold CD) Limited Edition US $64.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN We Will Rock You Taiwan Promo CD JOHN LENNON DAVID BOWIE JOHN DENVER 19-Tk US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
`Noir Paranoic` DAVID BOWIE Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.28 [0 bids]
David Bowie Up The Hill Backwards British Picture Sleeve 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
David Bowie Fashion British Picture Sleeve 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
David Bowie Tonight Poster Sleeve US 7'' Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
David Bowie Blue Jean Blue Vinyl Picture Sleeve 7'' US Single 45rpm US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
David Bowie - ChangesBowie - Ryko cassette US $5.47 Buy It Now 3h
David Bowie Greatest Hits - Fame and Fashion - RCA cassettes US $8.97 Buy It Now 3h
David Bowie/ The Singles 1969 to 1993 2 CD Set BMG (Greatest Hits) US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
David Bowie - Reality - Vinyl Record Import New US $45.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
DAVID BOWIE - THE SINGLES COLLECTION Double Cassette 1993 Made In HOLLAND UK US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
David Bowie Space Oddity USA Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
EARL SLICK BAND RAZOR SHARP LP CAPITOL ST-11570 DAVID BOWIE SOLO 1976 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Moulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film, David Bowie, Christina Aguilera, US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
DAVID BOWIE New Killer Star 2003 Taiwan Promo 1-Track CD Single US $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
CD 2 Discs Double David Bowie The Singles 1969 - 1993 Rykodisc US $12.74 Buy It Now 3h 11m
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust Gold Cd Ryko With Box Mint US $74.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Tin Machine II by Tin Machine (CD, Sep-1991, Victory Records (USA)) David Bowie US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
DAVID BOWIE - SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET RARE PROMO CD US $13.25 [0 bids]
David Bowie Sorrow/Sorroe (Live) UK Picture Disc 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Heroes-TV Soundtrack-Imogen Heap David Bowie Bob Dylan Death Cab For Cutie Wilco US $2.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE / MICK JAGGER - DANCING IN THE STREETS - JAPAN 45 w/PIC SLEEVE L@@K US $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - DJ "LIFETIMES SERIES" 45rpm w/PICTURE SLEEVE - MINT WAX UK IMPORT US $8.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - WILD IS THE WIND - UK 45rpm w/PICTURE SLEEVE !! @ LOOK @ !! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Tin Machine [Remaster] by Tin Machine (CD, Virgin) David Bowie US $7.95 [0 bids]
Without You I'm Nothing [Enhanced] by David Bowie/Placebo RARE OOP DIGIPAK US $14.44 Buy It Now 3h 42m
David Bowie - Live at Nassau Picture Discs(2) (1976) Mint US $150.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Station to Station rare LP MADE in INDIA US $48.50 Buy It Now 3h 47m
David Bowie Dead Man Walking Promo only Cd US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
DAVID BOWIE LITTLE WONDER EU 2 TRACKS PROMO CD SINGLE W/ TAIWAN PROMO STICKER US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DAVID BOWIE THE STARS (ARE OUT TONIGHT) HONG KONG PROMO CD SINGLE THE NEXT DAY US $179.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
David Bowie-Rebel Rebel (Mint-) US $16.00 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DAVID BOWIE WHERE ARE WE NOW HONG KONG PROMO CD SINGLE THE NEXT DAY THE STARS DJ US $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
NEW SS DAVID BOWIE STATION TO STATION CD 1991 AU20 RYKO RYKODISC GOLD GLAM ROCK US $150.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DAVID BOWIE - Let's Dance - 1983 - CD - CDP7 46002 2 - EMI - UPC 0 7777-46002-2 US $9.89 [0 bids]
David Bowie Ziggy Stardust badges/pins ltd edition designed by George Underwood US $41.44 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Reality CD 2003 US $3.30 Buy It Now 3h 58m
David Bowie - Black Tie White Noise (Rare Limited 2CD+DVD) FREE SHIPPING US $23.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - Blue Jean 45 RPM 12' Single *South Africa* NEW!!! US $16.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack reviews

3 stars I was never a fan of Bowie in my younger years although I certainly did enjoy several of his songs from the radio. The problem was there were also several I didn't like so I just assumed his albums would also be hit and miss for me. I bought this one back before I discovered Prog and was desperate for some good music. This was recorded live in July of 1973, the final concert of his "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" tour. It took place at the Odeon Hammersmith in London, England and was billed as his last tour ever. He just didn't explain at the time that this was just the last tour for his Ziggy Stardust persona. Still it must have been an amazing show to see live. There was also a video made available of this show which I haven't seen. Both weren't released until 10 years after the fact in 1983. I'm not sure why, but the sound quality may have been one reason. Apparently it's awful. I have the remastered version which is cleaned up pretty good. This set also has lots of info in it including a fake ticket stub from the evening. Very well packaged and my set is copy controlled as well. The discs are red with yellow tops.

This is a two disc affair with some 83 minutes of music. Mick Ronson really impressed me on guitar and it's cool that Bowie plays sax and harmonica during this show. The first song "Hang On To Yourself" is a little raw sounding especially the guitar. I'm guessing it's the sound quality. Not a big fan of this rocker but the guitar is good. "Ziggy Stardust" is a top three from disc one. Again raw guitar to open as Bowie joins in vocally. Great track. "Watch That Man" opens with guitar once again as the rest join in quickly including the vocals. Catchy but I don't like it. "Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud" is ballad-like but it does get fuller and blends into "All The Young Dudes" a top three as well. Horns too in this one.

"Oh ! You Pretty Things" is a short piece with vocals and piano then it kicks in before a minute. It's okay. "Moonage Daydream" has some excellent sounding guitar and mellotron in it. "Changes" is a song i've never liked. "Space Oddity" on the other hand is my favourite Bowie tune. On the original song they planned to use strings so they brought in session keyboardist Rick Wakemen to lay down a mellotron pattern that would be a guide for the strings. The producer liked it so much they kept what Rick had done and double tracked it. Classic tune including horns and mellotron on this live version. "My Death" ends disc one with Bowie telling the crowd to be quiet and thanking them when they finally obey.

Disc two begins with "Cracked Actor" with more raw guitar and some harmonica too. "Time" puts the focus on the vocals and piano then it kicks in as contrasts continue. Lots of vocal melodies late. "The Width Of A Circle" is the most impressive track on here. Almost 16 minutes of guitar driven Rock. Love it ! "Lets Spend The Night Together" is a weak cover in my opinion. "Suffragette City" is great and ends the concert with the last two songs being encore tracks. "White Lights / White Heat" is excellent. I really like this one and the verses remind me of ROXY MUSIC. "Rock n Roll Suicide" ends it and it sounds so much better when it finally kicks into gear.

This is a good live document but make sure you get the remastered version.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#775973) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 22, 2012

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars I am not a big Bowie fan, though I wish I was. I gracefully bow before his musical genius. Still, there are only a few scattered songs that I truly love and apart from "The man who sold the world" I can't really claim to have a single album by the man I truly dig. And I am not, generally, not a fan of live albums either. Imagine my surprise, then, when I bought this live album and found it truly great. And by Bowie at that!

The concert is a magnificent, high powered rock blow-out of the best calibre. There are a lot of songs I didn't know beforehand, but they sound so amazingly powerful I can't help but be astounded.

There is an enormous amount of atmosphere on these discs. You feel the tension, the power, the energy, the magic and you wish you'd been there. Bowie sounds great, the band kicks up a storm and the combination of aggressive, guitar driven hardrock and mellower, sometimes chanson-ish tunes (like My death) makes the album diverse and entertaining, thrilling even.

My favorite track is The width of a circle. 16 minutes of frenzy, overdrive and powerful drumming combined with a splendid bass gets me going anytime. That is the sound of the 70's great hard rock sound. Really, really nice track.

All in all it's not only a great Bowie-album but a really amazing live album and a document from a time where rock'n'roll seemed to have endless possibilities. I love it.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#925524) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 07, 2013

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack"