ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS-THE MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

David Bowie

David Bowie Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack album cover

Buy DAVID BOWIE Music

7. White Light / White Heat
8. Farewell Speech
9. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Approx. Total Time 83 Minutes

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack lyrics

Search DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack tabs

- David Bowie / Vocals / guitar / sax / harmonica

- Geoffrey MacCormack / backing vocals / percussion
- Brian Wilshaw / tenor sax / flute
- Mike Garson / piano / mellotron / organ

Recorded live at the Hammersmith Odeon, London England July 3rd 1973

Thanks to mellotron storm for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

DAVID BOWIE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack Music

Best of David BowieBest of David Bowie
Box set
Rhino 2014
Ziggy StardustZiggy Stardust
Parlophone 1999
Moulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's FilmMoulin Rouge! Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film
Soundtrack
Interscope Records 2001
Knock On Wood - Live (40th Anniversary Picture Disc)Knock On Wood - Live (40th Anniversary Picture Disc)
Rhino/Parlophone 2014
Vinyl$10.77
Hunky DoryHunky Dory
Parlophone 2008
The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)The Next Day (Deluxe Edition)
Columbia 2013
HeroesHeroes
Let's Dance [ECD]Let's Dance [ECD]
Parlophone 1999
2 LP Lot David Bowie "Lets Dance" & The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" US $13.99 Buy It Now 30m 39s
DAVID BOWIE Glass Spider Live 2x180g Vinyl MINT EU Imp US $24.99 Buy It Now 31m 57s
DAVID BOWIE - PINUPS LP - EXCELLENT CONDITION. US $16.23 [0 bids]
38m 6s
DAVID BOWIE - ZIGGY STARDUST - THE MOTION PICTURE - DOUBLE LP - NEAR MINT -SUPER US $21.10 [0 bids]
38m 6s
DAVID BOWIE - STAGE - 2 UK LP'S - 1ST PRESS - EXCELLENT CONDITION. US $17.04 [0 bids]
38m 6s
TIN MACHINE(DAVID BOWIE) "YOU BELONG IN ROCK AND ROLL" CD SINGLE RARE!! US $24.99 [0 bids]
44m 56s
DAVID BOWIE - HEROES - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD -Original US $12.50 [3 bids]
45m 45s
David Bowie 45 Blue Jean 1984 BB # 8 Recorded In Canada NM EMI 8231 Canada Press US $12.50 Buy It Now 49m 41s
DAVID BOWIE-ABSOLUTE BEGINNINGS-NM 12 INCH VINYL US $14.99 Buy It Now 50m 16s
Cat People OST Giorgio Moroder David Bowie Rare A3/B1 1st UK Press MCA MCF 3138 US $6.48 [0 bids]
51m 7s
David Bowie EMI Disco 12" Single Live Track US $10.00 Buy It Now 51m 59s
DAVID BOWIE BLUE JEAN 12" vinyl Single with Extended mixes. US $2.03 [1 bids]
58m 37s
ROXY MUSIC DAVID BOWIE QUEEN FRANK ZAPPA 1977 MAGAZINE THE WHO BILL NELSON US $20.06 [0 bids]
59m 31s
DAVID BOWIE,,, CANVAS PAINTING..HAND PAINTED ,,READY TO HANG+POSTER US $45.46 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure 3" CD Single US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
1983 David Bowie: LETS DANCE Vinyl US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
OST / "NM WAX" The Falcon And The Snowman Japan Press David Bowie OBI LP d7101 US $0.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - BLUE JEAN/DANCING WITH THE BIG BOYS-NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
DAVID BOWIE "SOUND & VISION" 1989 RYKO 6 LP ON CLEAR VINYL STILL SEALED & MINT!! US $116.94 [14 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - DANCING IN THE STREET - NM 12 INCH VINYL US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
DAVID BOWIE AND MICK JAGGER Dancing in The Street S14-116 12" Af0283 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 like American Top 40 10-18-85 David Bowie Mick Jagger US $29.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE TONIGHT 45 & PS FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $0.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST - EMI CD 1990 - 5 BONUS TRACKS US $16.23 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Stage 2-LPs 1st UK 1978 LAMINATED 1st GATEFOLD COVER, UNPLAYED MINT US $63.34 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE HEATHEN ALBUM LAUNCH EVENT N.Y.C. 2002 LIMITED LAMINATE US $30.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE JOHN I'M ONLY DANCING 12"1979 ZIGGY STARDUST YOUNG AMERICANS SESSION US $4.86 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE & MICK JAGGER 'Dancing In The Street' 1985 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 32m
DAVID BOWIE 'Blue Jean' 1984 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $9.73 Buy It Now 1h 32m
David Bowie. "Christiane F." Soundtrack. Original 1981 Unopened Vinyl Album. US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 35m
DAVID BOWIE Love is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix) 12" WHITE Vinyl Single NEW 2013 US $16.98 Buy It Now 1h 36m
STEELEYE SPAN NOW WE ARE SIX LP 1974 UK 1ST A1-B1 PORKY DAVID BOWIE JETHRO TULL US $3.23 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE, ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS / DUB MIX. ORIGINAL 1986 VIRGIN SINGLE US $1.61 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE ZIGGY STARDUST KEY RING SUPERB QUALITY AMAZING GIFT IDEA US $17.44 Buy It Now 1h 42m
DAVID BOWIE Space Oddity Man who sold the world picture sleeve 45 US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
DAVID BOWIE-ORIGINAL 2 PAGE COLOUR ARTICLE N PICS-13.2.82-BOB GELDOF-BAAL US $4.79 [0 bids]
CD SINGLE QUEEN DAVID BOWIE UNDER PRESSURE US $1.54 [0 bids]
Hours [Remastered] [Remaster] by David Bowie (CD, Mar-2004, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE-PROFILE-GERMAN-LP-NM VINYL US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
DAVID BOWIE . SCARY MONSTERS (AND SUPER CREEPS) . 1980 U.K. ISSUE SINGLE US $3.23 [0 bids]
David Bowie Philips 1969 Record Store Poster - 13.5" x 11.5" US $32.48 Buy It Now 1h 58m
2 DAVID BOWIE Stickers Cut Vinyl Decal Ziggy Stardust Fame Starman Ashes to US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h
David Bowie Lp Young Americans EX Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
David Bowie 3 albums! Diamond dogs, Young Americans, Pinups - EXCELLENT!!! US $18.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie EP Bertolt Brecht's Baal 7" US $4.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE CAT PEOPLE 7" INCH MEGA RARE VINYL SINGLE *MINT NEVER BEEN PLAYED* US $30.86 [3 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Raw Moon Rehearsals Vancouver 1976 2x CD Mint Original Silver Copy US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
David Bowie Anabas 6 Large Colour Photos on Cards Unused Order Opened MINT Photo US $29.09 Buy It Now 2h 12m
BIFF ROSE BIFF ROSE DAVID BOWIE BUDDAH RECORDS 1971 US $11.35 [0 bids]
david bowie rare A3 reproduction german promotional scary monsters poster US $22.74 [0 bids]
David Bowie The Man Who Sold the World LP w/ poster! 1972 w/lyric glamrock RARE! US $99.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
MAKERS 'Strangest Parade LP NEW sub pop estrus T. Rex David Bowie mono men Vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
David Bowie - Don't Be Fooled By The Name 10" Long Play US $25.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
David Bowie Record Lot (3 Lp's) US $16.08 [0 bids]
David Bowie - Changesbowie CD UK import US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
DAVID BOWIE !! RARE !! "SUBWAY" PICTURE DISC - ZIGGY STARDUST IMAGE !! 2 COOL !! US $49.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE !! RARE !! "LIVE AT NASSAU 1976" 2 LP PICTURE DISC SET !! 2 COOL !! US $69.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE "1987 PRESS CONFERENCE" PICTURE DISC !! FROM ENGLAND !! 2COOL !! US $17.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - 12" PICTURE DISC - 4 PACK !! FANTASTIC DEAL !! 2 COOL !! L@@K !! US $33.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE "LIFE ON MARS" 7" PICTURE DISC - FROM "FASHIONS" LIMITED ED. SET !!! US $10.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie-Hunky Dory (A Pedir De Boca)-Spanish Cover-NEW LP RED US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
David Bowie ?- Let's Talk / Rare Interview LP NM DENMARK Picture RECORD LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
RECORD: DAVID BOWIE LET'S DANCE LP - VG+/VG+ 1983 EMI SO-17093 VINYL ALBUM US $7.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - ANOTHER FACE (RARE GERMAN PRESS) NM US $60.00 [0 bids]
Earthling by David Bowie  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Ship US $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 51m
DAVID BOWIE starzone number 13 international magazine 28 pages 1984 sept/october US $2.84 [0 bids]
David Bowie original painting poster portrait pop art HANDMADE by Jarecky US $48.71 [0 bids]
3- VINYL ALBUMS TOM PETTY,DAVID BOWIE,&HEAD EAST 1969,78 & 79 US $11.00 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - I Discovered Hannover - live 1st Nov. 2003 - rare 2 CD-Set US $16.16 [1 bids]
David Bowie Fame 90 Brand New UK 7" 3 Limited Edition Prints Ziggy US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DAVID BOWIE CD Album CHANGESBOWIE Orig 1990 - 18 Classics EXCELLENT - MADE IN UK US $4.87 Buy It Now 3h 8m
David Bowie - Brand New Licensed Poster - Heroes US $11.29 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DAVID BOWIE -LIVE DANCE - AT FRANKFURT FESTALLE 2 RECORD SET - EXCELLENT VINYL ! US $23.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
David Bowie ?- Low GERMAN REISSUE LP ~ NM! brian eno US $16.24 [1 bids]
RECORD: DAVID BOWIE SCARY MONSTERS LP - VG+/EX 1980 RCA AQL-13647 VINYL ALBUM US $12.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie ?- "Heroes" DUTCH RCA REISSUE LP ~ near mint! US $16.24 [0 bids]
Space Oddity Remaster David Bowie CD EMI Japan LP format US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
DAVID BOWIE - ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS 7" SINGLE P/S US $1.61 [0 bids]
WALL OF NOISE - DAVID BOWIE- LOU REED - THE STOOGES-LP/Vinyl/Record US $0.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE lp's US $10.50 [3 bids]
RECORD: DAVID BOWIE SCARY MONSTERS LP - VG+/VG+ 1980 RCA AQL-13647 VINYL ALBUM US $9.99 [1 bids]
DAVID BOWIE Diamond Dogs Portugal Picture sleeve US $44.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Songs From The Cool World Soundtrack USA CD David Bowie, Thompson Twins...#H03 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
DAVID BOWIE original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 969-6 US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 34m
DAVID BOWIE original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 969-5 US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 34m
DAVID BOWIE TIN MACHINE original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 969-2 US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 37m
DAVID BOWIE TIN MACHINE original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 969-1 US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 38m
DAVID BOWIE - Fréjus - live 26th May 1983 - rare 2 CD-Set US $19.52 [2 bids]
DAVID BOWIE TIN MACHINE original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 969-11 US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 41m
david bowie limited edition 2x cd US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
THE WORLD OF DAVID BOWIE 1970 STEREO LP EX/EX US $8.10 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE - BEST OF BOWIE [NORWAY/SWEDEN] - NEW CD US $6.53 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Vinyl 7": David Bowie : Sorrow : Limited Edition Double Picture Single US $19.72 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE SORROW / AMSTERDAM uk rca 2424 4 prong US $10.56 Buy It Now 3h 46m
DAVID BOWIE LIFE ON MARS/DRIVE IN SATURDAY SPANISH PRESSING PIC SLEEVE RCA US $16.23 [0 bids]
70's/80's Records 45 RPM DAVID BOWIE Lot of 9 different records / 6 with PS US $22.00 [1 bids]
Matted for Display Album: David Bowie, "Let's Dance" US $45.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
David Bowie Tonight 9 Track Cassette Album US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 53m
David Bowie Star LP - White Vinyl - White Label Promo 1978 Single DJL1-3255 NM- US $28.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
DAVID BOWIE - BLUE JEAN - DANCING WITH THE BIG BOYS x 2 - 1984 US $3.23 [0 bids]

More places to buy DAVID BOWIE music online Buy DAVID BOWIE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID BOWIE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

DAVID BOWIE Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack reviews

3 stars I was never a fan of Bowie in my younger years although I certainly did enjoy several of his songs from the radio. The problem was there were also several I didn't like so I just assumed his albums would also be hit and miss for me. I bought this one back before I discovered Prog and was desperate for some good music. This was recorded live in July of 1973, the final concert of his "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" tour. It took place at the Odeon Hammersmith in London, England and was billed as his last tour ever. He just didn't explain at the time that this was just the last tour for his Ziggy Stardust persona. Still it must have been an amazing show to see live. There was also a video made available of this show which I haven't seen. Both weren't released until 10 years after the fact in 1983. I'm not sure why, but the sound quality may have been one reason. Apparently it's awful. I have the remastered version which is cleaned up pretty good. This set also has lots of info in it including a fake ticket stub from the evening. Very well packaged and my set is copy controlled as well. The discs are red with yellow tops.

This is a two disc affair with some 83 minutes of music. Mick Ronson really impressed me on guitar and it's cool that Bowie plays sax and harmonica during this show. The first song "Hang On To Yourself" is a little raw sounding especially the guitar. I'm guessing it's the sound quality. Not a big fan of this rocker but the guitar is good. "Ziggy Stardust" is a top three from disc one. Again raw guitar to open as Bowie joins in vocally. Great track. "Watch That Man" opens with guitar once again as the rest join in quickly including the vocals. Catchy but I don't like it. "Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud" is ballad-like but it does get fuller and blends into "All The Young Dudes" a top three as well. Horns too in this one.

"Oh ! You Pretty Things" is a short piece with vocals and piano then it kicks in before a minute. It's okay. "Moonage Daydream" has some excellent sounding guitar and mellotron in it. "Changes" is a song i've never liked. "Space Oddity" on the other hand is my favourite Bowie tune. On the original song they planned to use strings so they brought in session keyboardist Rick Wakemen to lay down a mellotron pattern that would be a guide for the strings. The producer liked it so much they kept what Rick had done and double tracked it. Classic tune including horns and mellotron on this live version. "My Death" ends disc one with Bowie telling the crowd to be quiet and thanking them when they finally obey.

Disc two begins with "Cracked Actor" with more raw guitar and some harmonica too. "Time" puts the focus on the vocals and piano then it kicks in as contrasts continue. Lots of vocal melodies late. "The Width Of A Circle" is the most impressive track on here. Almost 16 minutes of guitar driven Rock. Love it ! "Lets Spend The Night Together" is a weak cover in my opinion. "Suffragette City" is great and ends the concert with the last two songs being encore tracks. "White Lights / White Heat" is excellent. I really like this one and the verses remind me of ROXY MUSIC. "Rock n Roll Suicide" ends it and it sounds so much better when it finally kicks into gear.

This is a good live document but make sure you get the remastered version.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#775973) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 22, 2012

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars I am not a big Bowie fan, though I wish I was. I gracefully bow before his musical genius. Still, there are only a few scattered songs that I truly love and apart from "The man who sold the world" I can't really claim to have a single album by the man I truly dig. And I am not, generally, not a fan of live albums either. Imagine my surprise, then, when I bought this live album and found it truly great. And by Bowie at that!

The concert is a magnificent, high powered rock blow-out of the best calibre. There are a lot of songs I didn't know beforehand, but they sound so amazingly powerful I can't help but be astounded.

There is an enormous amount of atmosphere on these discs. You feel the tension, the power, the energy, the magic and you wish you'd been there. Bowie sounds great, the band kicks up a storm and the combination of aggressive, guitar driven hardrock and mellower, sometimes chanson-ish tunes (like My death) makes the album diverse and entertaining, thrilling even.

My favorite track is The width of a circle. 16 minutes of frenzy, overdrive and powerful drumming combined with a splendid bass gets me going anytime. That is the sound of the 70's great hard rock sound. Really, really nice track.

All in all it's not only a great Bowie-album but a really amazing live album and a document from a time where rock'n'roll seemed to have endless possibilities. I love it.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#925524) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 07, 2013

Post a review of DAVID BOWIE "Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars-The Motion Picture Soundtrack"