FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

THREE FISH (PEARL JAM RELATED) "LACED" 1996 RARE UNPLAYED ROCK RADIO PROMO CD US $5.49 [0 bids]
34m 2s
MINT SEALED JOHN LENNON "SHAVED FISH" USA LP WITH "RED HYPE STICKER" BEATLES US $30.99 Buy It Now 40m 35s
John Lennon Plastic Ono Band Shaved Fish Capitol SW 3421 VG+ Cover Nm Vinyl US $2.25 [4 bids]
45m 38s
Eric Thompson And Alan Senauke - Two Guitars lp Flying Fish 393 US $13.00 Buy It Now 57m 45s
Underworld ?- Beaucoup Fish (techno) US $12.00 Buy It Now 57m 59s
Byron Berline - Outrageous (Flying Fish 227) (James Burton, Albert Lee) ('80) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
Neither Fish nor Flesh by Terence Trent D'Arby (CD, Nov-1989, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
1h
(EH553) Kai Fish, Homerton Baby - DJ CD US $3.36 Buy It Now 1h 13m
FISH - Credo -1991 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.60 Buy It Now 1h 18m
John Hartford I'm Still Here 7" 45 Flying Fish FF 4016 1985 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Bryan Bowers Home Home On The Road 1980 Flying Fish Release Excellent US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
COUNTRY JOE & the FISH "Here We Are Again" LP yellow Stereolab Vanguard + insert US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
John O Connor Songs For Our Times Flying Fish 331 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
REV. C.L. FRANKLIN: Two Fish And Five Loaves Of Bread LP (re, cut corner) Black US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Tony Ellis Dixie Banner Flying Fish 444 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Beat It, Blow It, Strum It, Hum It! Sunshine Skiffle Band (CD,1992, Flying Fish) US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 43m
SEALED Happy Traum LP Vinyl Album Bright Morning Stars Grenhays / Flying Fish US $5.99 [0 bids]
PACIFIC RIM DULCIMER PROJECT LP on Flying Fish FF307 From 1983 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Reo Speedwagon - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish Vinyl US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Internal Exile by Fish (CD, Jul-1992, Polydor) LIKE NEW! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Star Spangled Washboard Band Flying Fish 031 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
BATTERED FISH Modern CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Samantha Fish - Runaway (NEW CD) US $23.20 Buy It Now 2h 33m
1 CENT CD Turn the Radio Off [PA] - Reel Big Fish US $0.01 [0 bids]
Brenda Wootton, John The Fish and Cornish Folk : Pasties And Cream,1971,FOLK LP US $5.05 [0 bids]
RANDY SABIEN in a fog - flying fish - PROMO - US $1.99 [0 bids]
SMITH SISTERS bluebird - flying fish - US $1.99 [0 bids]
CLAUDIA SCHMIDT midwestern heart - flying fish - PROMO US $1.99 [0 bids]
DAVID HOLT reel & rock - flying fish - US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jan Marra - These Crazy Years (Flying Fish - 1988) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 45m
WALTER BAND TROUT - NO MORE FISH JOKES (LIVE) (UK) NEW CD US $21.10 Buy It Now 2h 47m
SEALED Geof Morgan Vinyl LP Album Finally Letting it Go Folk Flying Fish US $1.99 [0 bids]
JETHRO BURNS LP Flying Fish Records    042 EX US $8.99 [0 bids]
Djinji Brown Presents Uncle Junior's Friday Fish Fry "The Market" 2x12" UJR006-1 US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 58m
CLAUDIA SCHMIDT PROMO 1979 SEALED FLYING FISH LP USA PRESSING US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
1969 Country Joe and the Fish Greatest Hits Lp Vanguard Records USA VSD 6545 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
9 CHILDREN'S MUSIC CD LOT kid songs rainbow fish raffi pat the bunny care bears US $14.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON: Shaved Fish LP (inner sleeve, close to M-) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Si Kahn - Doing My Job (Flying Fish - 1982) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Harris,Corey - Fish Ain't Bitin' [CD New] US $15.20 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Jive Bible CD Fish Farmer, Skyping, Lilac Hair, Guacamole!~!~!~ US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
The Red Clay Ramblers - Hard Times (Flying Fish - 1981) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Tom Ball and Kenny Sultan - Bloodshot Eyes (Flying Fish - 1986) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 30m
MITCH RYDER 45 New Voice 822 Too Many Fish In The Sea O EX (45s-167) US $3.57 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Blues Mercury 45 "JUST LIKE A FISH" Junior Parker US $9.99 [0 bids]
FISH YIN & YANG BEST OF - "RELEASED 4 SEPT 1995 MARILLION 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.74 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Marillion / Fish - A Gentlemans Excuse Me 7'' Picture Disc US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 41m
The Cache Valley Drifters - Step Up To Big Pay! (Flying Fish - 1980) Bluegrass! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Andrew Calhoun - The Gates Of Love (Flying Fish - 1984) Folk! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 46m
MITCH RYDER Too Many Fish In The 45 NV-822 W/SLEEVE VG-EX (45s-4449) US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 48m
NURSE WITH WOUND Sugar Fish Drink RARE UK CD 1992 OOP ORIGINAL US $37.18 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Marillion / Fish - Big Wedge 12'' Picture Disc US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Blue Flame String Band - S/T (Flying Fish - 1982) Bluegrass! US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 55m
JOHN LENNON - SHAVED FISH - CASSETTE US $1.84 [0 bids]
Country Joe & The Fish " Greatest Hits " Sealed 1969 VSD-6545 Promotion Copy US $29.95 Buy It Now 4h
REO SPEEDWAGON "YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" 2000 ADVANCE PROMO US $8.49 [0 bids]
FISH & CHIPS vs TANYA LOUISE - Deep In You - 12" US $16.53 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Bazalgette - Sound Fish [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Rosenbloom,Mara Quartet - School Of Fish [CD New] US $17.23 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Fish / Marillion Internal Exile 12'' Picture Disc US $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Country Joe & The Fish "Electric Music" Vanguard VSD-79244, RARE Psych Rock! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Country Joe & The Fish "Together" Vanguard VSD-79227, RARE Psych Rock! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Fish / Marillion ''Vigil In The Wilderness Of Mirrors'' 12'' Picture Disc US $70.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Marillion / Fish - A Gentlemans Excuse Me 12'' Picture Disc US $50.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Grismore/Scea Group-Well Behaved Fish CD NEW US $13.40 Buy It Now 4h 32m
? Peter Alsop - Draw the Line (Flying Fish) (autograph) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
John Lennon " Shaved Fish " NM- 1972 thru 1975 SW-3421 US $26.95 Buy It Now 4h 45m
KING-WONT YOU HOLD MY HAND NOW/FISH HOLLAND vinyl 45+PS US $8.98 Buy It Now 4h 50m
? Country Joe & The Fish - Greatest Hits (Vanguard 6545) (German) (group on BC) US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
(EI561) Japanese Fighting Fish, Day Bombs - 2013 sealed CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Larry Long - Run For Freedom LP Flying Fish US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 57m
? Country Joe & The Fish - I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die (Vanguard 79266) Cheer US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 59m
FISH & CHIPS - Miami - 7 track CD single US $12.73 Buy It Now 5h
PAUL McCARTNEY "TUG OF WAR" AND JOHN LENNON "SHAVED FISH" VINYL RECORD ALBUMS US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
LOUIS JORDAN saturday night fish fry part 1 VG- 7" MCA-60131 Soul 45 USA 1973 US $24.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Various Artists, Fish Tree Water Blues Audio CD US $5.71 Buy It Now 5h 9m
STAR FISH - Shooting Star EP - 12" US $30.20 Buy It Now 5h 11m
John Lennon - Shaved Fish LP, Apple SW-3421. Greatest hits here. The Beatles US $13.99 [0 bids]
IRA SULLIVAN FLYING FISH RECORDS 075 STEREO US $3.88 [0 bids]
FEW SMALL FISH - Keys To Sanity - Christian Music CCM Pop Rock CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Home Home On the Road : Bryan Bowers LP Autoharp (1980 Flying Fish) EX+ Signed US $5.00 [0 bids]
SNFU If You Swear You'll Catch No Fish Vinyl LP Record! 1986 punk s.n.f.u NEW!!! US $12.89 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Goods * by Citizen Fish (CD, Mar-2011, Alternative Tentacles) US $12.47 Buy It Now 5h 48m
LITTLE FISH OST - RARE AUSSIE CD 2006 OOP ORIGINAL - NATHAN LARSON US $27.88 Buy It Now 5h 49m
SCHOOL OF FISH "School Of Fish" Selt-Titled Capitol/CDP 594557 (CD, 1991) US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 52m
JOHN LENNON (BEATLES)-SHAVED FISH CAPITOL SW-3421 VG+/VG+ LP US $19.98 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Scarce DILLARDS LP Gatefold Flying Fish 1977 w Board Game VS. THE INCREDIBLE L.A US $19.00 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Country Joe & the Fish Live! Fillmore '69 steve miller jerry garcia sealed 180g US $149.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Badly Drawn Boy: Have You Fed The Fish? CD Album 3133G US $3.36 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Malcom Catto: Popcorn Bubble Fish CD Album 2512G US $3.19 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Sungod Ancient Forest 12" Steel Fish SF 002 1997 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Cheer Up, Reel Big Fish, Very Good US $3.52 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Mitch Ryder Too many fish in the sea / One grain sand US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 27m
PROMO - NEITHER FISH NOR FLESH TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY'S 465809 1 CBS 12" LP 33 198 US $16.99 [0 bids]
8 Track Cassette JOHN LENNON SHAVED FISH Plastic Ono Band US $6.99 [0 bids]
(CR303) Little Fish, Wunderful - sealed 2011 CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
TREVOR DUNN'S TRIO-C - SISTER PHANTOM OWL FISH - NEW CD US $8.91 Buy It Now 6h 33m
REO Speedwagon Tune Piano Tuna Fish Vinyl LP 2G/2G Stampers Orange Epic Canada US $11.99 [0 bids]
Vassar Clements 1977 LP The Bluegrass Session Flying Fish 038 EX US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 44m
REEL BIG FISH-CHEER UP! ADVANCE CD 16TRK PROMO CD CS329 US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"