FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

TOM PAXTON Even A Gray Day FLYING FISH LP folk vinyl US $9.95 Buy It Now 38m 54s
TOM PAXTON And Loving You FLYING FISH LP folk vinyl US $9.95 Buy It Now 38m 59s
ROGER BELLOW And The Drifting Troubadours FLYING FISH US $9.95 Buy It Now 40m 42s
I Mother Earth Scenery and Fish 11236 US $1.99 [0 bids]
42m 26s
I MOTHER EARTH - Scenery and Fish US $5.50 Buy It Now 51m 41s
UNDERWORLD BEAUCOUP FISH JAPAN CD HD43 US $15.29 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Less Than Jake "Live From Chicago" 7" NoFx Reel Big Fish Goldfinger Blink 182 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Neverland - Big Pond Little Fish - CD (1996 Neverland) US $18.70 Buy It Now 2h 29m
COUNTRY JOE MCDONALD classics CD THE FISH SEALED KX96 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Fish State Of Mind B/W The Voyeur 1989 EMI Pic Cover 45 EX US $0.82 [0 bids]
SCHOOL OF FISH 'Take Me Anywhere' RARE unplayed US CD PROMO ONLY 1993 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
ALBUM NETWORK TUNE-UP #63 School Of Fish,Benatar,Thunder etc. CD PROMO ONLY '91 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
FISH ~ Credo / Poets Moon ~ 12" Single US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Dig Hay Zoose - Struggle Fish - 1991 CD Album in excellent condition US $14.03 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Brenda Wooton/John The Fish & Cornish Folk(Vinyl LP)Pasties & Cream-VG+/Ex US $18.29 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Cantuaria,Vinicius - Horse & Fish [CD New] US $16.19 Buy It Now 5h 55m
UNDERWORLD_Beaucomp Fish_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.36 Buy It Now 6h 3m
STEVE HILLAGE - FISH RISING: LP VINYL ALBUM (2013 RE-PRESS) US $31.77 Buy It Now 6h 10m
SARGANT FURY Japan Promo 11 tracks CD, LITTLE FISH US $27.99 Buy It Now 6h 33m
The Radiators - Law Of The Fish JAPAN CD 1987 12trk 25.8P-5026 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
ROBIN FLOWER - Green Sneakers - Excellent Condition LP Record Flying Fish FF-273 US $15.04 Buy It Now 6h 56m
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY 'Neither Fish Nor Flesh: AUDIO CD,USED, VERY GOOD CONDITION US $3.79 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Ed and the Boats - Go Fish - Sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Fish - Field of Crows (CD) US $30.95 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Collectors Items: The First Three EP's by Country Joe, the Fish - CD Psych OOP US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
AN EMOTIONAL FISH - LACE VIRGINIA 3 TRACK CD US $3.58 Buy It Now 7h 58m
GORILLAZ SUPER FAST JELLY FISH EU DJ CD SEALED LS34 US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 26m
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS dear addy 7" 3 track limited pic disc b/w no fish to US $8.35 Buy It Now 8h 38m
NEW - Babel Fish (+ Bonus Tracks) by Babel Fish US $4.01 Buy It Now 8h 42m
BADLY DRAWN BOY x4 LOT - BORN IN THE UK - HAVE YOU FED THE FISH - SILENT SIGH US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Linda Allen Women's Work Flying Fish 458 Mint- US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h
Shaved Fish Lemon Plastic Ono Band Sealed New US $250.00 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Three Fish / 7" / Laced /ex- Pearl Jam ex- Fastbacks Nirvana Blind Melon US $248.00 Buy It Now 9h 35m
(DZ952) Big Hard Excellent Fish, And The Question Remains - 2013 DJ CD US $3.33 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Rare Limited Edition CD:Sargant Fury-Little Fish (hard rock) US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
ALBERT FISH IS MY HERO - S/T Cassette Genocide Organ US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
john lennon shaved fish 1975 original full page magazine advert US $11.69 Buy It Now 9h 56m
David Lee Murphy - Fish Ain't Bitin' / Why Can't People Just Get Along 45 rpm US $2.50 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Reel Big Fish - Monkeys For Nothin' And The Chimps For Free Green LP US $54.36 Buy It Now 10h 15m
GALACTIC COWBOYS - Machine Fish - Christian Music CCM - Hard Rock Metal CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
The Smoking Fish - Near Perfect US $3.39 Buy It Now 10h 37m
An Emotional Fish(12" Vinyl)Lace Virginia-East West-YZ502TX-UK-VG/VG+ US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
An Emotional Fish(12" Vinyl)Blue-East West-YZ539T-UK-VG+/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
SAMANTHA FISH, CASSIE TAYLOR, DANI WILDE**GIRLS WITH GUITARS**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Banana Fish Zero United We Stand CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 28m
JANNER/BUNZER0/MANOUVRE - Je M'en Fish - 12" US $15.06 Buy It Now 12h 12m
COUNTRY JOE/THE FISH**ELECTRIC MUSIC FOR THE MIND & BODY (LIMITED/180G)**VINYL US $29.95 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Al Goodman. Little Fish in a big pond, US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Reel Big Fish/Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer - Duet All Night Long (2007) NEW US $10.64 Buy It Now 12h 21m
WICKLINE self titled LP 'Do Fish Swim?' STILL SEALED US $12.00 [0 bids]
country joe & the fish lp together vsd-79277 vg+/vg US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 27m
WILDE, SMITH, FISH**GIRLS WITH GUITARS LIVE**CD + DVD SET US $14.95 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Gefilte Fisch: Gefilte Liebe - Fish Gefilte New & Sealed CD US $23.64 Buy It Now 12h 34m
SEE & HEAR R&B 78 JACK McVEA Fish For Supper E- to E US $3.00 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Underworld : Beaucoup Fish CD (1999) US $3.25 Buy It Now 12h 39m
BADLY DRAWN BOY - HAVE YOU FED THE FISH? - CD - USED VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 58m
RUMBLE FISH OST Stewart Copeland Police 1983 LP US $8.85 Buy It Now 13h 14m
THE CENTRAL PARK SHEIKS LP-HONEYSUCKLE ROSE/FLYING FISH RECORDS, 1976 #026 VG+ US $6.98 Buy It Now 13h 14m
EDDIE AND BETTY Saturday Night Fish Fry ROCKABILLY BLUES R&B BOPPER 45 RPM NM US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Fast Fish & Loose Fish (Remix) - 10 Records #416943 US $8.35 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Paul Oakenfold Sword Fish (Album Sampler Pt 2) #299863 US $8.35 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Marillion MARKET SQUARE HEROES 12" EP vinyl single from Portugal FISH GRENDEL US $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Marillion MARKET SQUARE HEROES 12" EP vinyl single from UK FISH GRENDEL US $34.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
FLYING FISH - Grandstand Theme (rework) - 7" US $11.29 Buy It Now 14h 9m
FLYING FISH - Mr Mataywe (Keep It Up) - red vinyl 7" limited to 100 copies US $11.29 Buy It Now 14h 9m
JOE VENUTI & JETHRO BURNS & MIKE DOWLING "IN CHICAGO, 1978" Sealed Flying Fish US $21.00 [0 bids]
Junk Puppets by An Emotional Fish (CD, May-1993, Atlantic (Label)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 12m
SILENT FISH Keeping The Stars Apart enhanced promo CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 13m
An Emotional Fish Sloper CD EX+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Lot of 3 Bryan Bowers LP's/Autoharp on Flying Fish Records - Great Condition! US $10.50 Buy It Now 14h 31m
JOHN O'CONNOR songs for our times LP FLYING FISH mint SEALED folk rock US $8.49 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Fish Samantha - Runaway NEW CD US $18.86 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Mancrab - Fish For Life - United Artists - 1986 #345595 US $8.35 Buy It Now 15h 10m
Avalon - Fish Linked EP - SSR - 1995 #340667 US $8.35 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Big Fish Little Fish, Volume 1: Emerging Women in Chica US $4.40 Buy It Now 15h 17m
JOHN LENNON / PLASTIC ONO BAND Shaved Fish LP Vinyl Record Album Apple 1975 EX US $26.75 Buy It Now 15h 40m
JOHN LENNON / PLASTIC ONO BAND Shaved Fish LP Vinyl Record 33rpm Apple 1975 EX US $18.39 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Runaway - Samantha Fish New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.20 Buy It Now 15h 41m
COUNTRY JOE & FISH 45 Here I Go Again / Baby, You're Driving Me Crazy - NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Marillion - Clutching At Straws CD 1987 Capitol EMI Fish prog US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Mike Auldridge & Old Dog Flying Fish 054 US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Mike Auldridge and Jeff Newman Slidin' Smoke Flying Fish 080 US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Fish - Internal Exile - Cassette, Polish Press (Marillion) US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 50m
Fish (Marillion ) -CD 1997 - Sunsets on Empire (Porcupine Tree) US $6.63 [4 bids]
WYNONIE HARRIS WOMEN, WHISKEY & FISH TAILS ACE CDCHD 457 US $16.71 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Fish - Yin - CASSETTE US $8.66 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Fish - Vigil In The Wilderness Of Mirrors - Cassette, Polish Press (Marillion) US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Fish - Sunsets On Empire - Cassette US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 52m
JOHN LENNON (PLASTIC ONO BAND) Shaved Fish Vinyl Record Album LP Apple PCS 7173 US $18.39 Buy It Now 15h 52m
JOHN LENNON (PLASTIC ONO BAND) Shaved Fish Vinyl Record LP Apple PCS 7173 1st US $26.75 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Chris Squire GF LP Fish out of Water US $5.49 Buy It Now 15h 59m
BASEKETBALL Movie Soundtrack (CD 1999) Reel Big Fish Nerf Herder Goldfinger+ US $9.85 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Terence Trent D'Arby, Neither Fish Nor Flesh Audio CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
KPOP SOULDIVE With RUMBLE FISH Luv Recycle Part 3 COCKTAIL PARTY SINGLE ALBUM CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Mason Williams Fresh Fish vinyl LP 1978 Flying Fish Records EX US $8.95 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Howie Bursen Building Boom vinyl LP 1988 Flying Fish Records EX US $8.00 Buy It Now 16h 31m
SUBHUMANS "29:29 SPLIT VISION" FISH 16 FRENCH PRESS w/INSERT (1985) 12" LP :: EX US $19.18 Buy It Now 16h 33m
THE DILLARDS VS. INCREDIBLE L.A. LA TIME MACHINE LP FLYING FISH 0401977 US $6.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Country Joe & The Fish Electric Music For THe Mind & Body LP Vanguard VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 36m
KING FISH LOVE 'N' KICKIN' LP ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"