FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

Vigil in a Wilderness of MirrorsVigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors
Roadrunner 1999
A Feast of Consequences (2013)A Feast of Consequences (2013)
Audio CD$16.99 (used)
REO SPEEDWAGON "YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO,BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" LP VINYL US $0.50 [1 bids]
29m 59s
JOHN LENNON SHAVED FISH VG+ APPLE SW-3421 Greatest Hits Phil Spector US $15.95 Buy It Now 35m 5s
JOHN HARTFORD - Piece Of My Heart private folk (Flying Fish) 1984 US $6.99 [0 bids]
35m 50s
Little Fish (ocr) - Cast Original New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.87 Buy It Now 41m 14s
Uncle Junior's Friday Fish Fry by Djinji Brown (CD, Nov-2003, 7 Heads Enterprise US $6.51 Buy It Now 2h
SEALED HICKORY WIND Fresh Produce Vinyl LP 1975 Flying Fish 018 Rare Folk US $21.99 [0 bids]
How to Tune a Fish, Niamh Dunne, Beoga, Acceptable US $10.81 Buy It Now 3h
Eat No Fish - Eat No Fish - CD - NEW - 11Tracks US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Reggae Shining Rude Fish Music Compilation V.2 Japan CD NEW US $12.90 Buy It Now 3h 39m
HOWIE BURSEN building boom LP 13 track with insert (ff441) us flying fish 1988 US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Rare Air [LP] Mad Plaid *NM* [Flying Fish; FF 333] (1984) *Na Cabarfeidh* US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
SCHRAM,BRIAN-Rockin Fish Tales Ii CD NEW US $11.64 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Big Fish (Original Broadway Cast Recording) [Soundtrack] by Norbert Leo Butz US $20.31 Buy It Now 6h 18m
JOHN LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND - SHAVED FISH LP AMIGA/DDR COPY! FREE SHIPPING!!! US $29.50 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Letters to Cleo - Wholesale Meats and Fish (CD, Jul-1995, Giant (USA)) US $5.79 Buy It Now 7h
Blind Alley/ Albert Fish Oi! Punk Skinhead Templars US $8.15 Buy It Now 7h 28m
FISH "State of mind" RARE 7" ORIGINAL ITALY - MARILLION US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
REEL BIG FISH - WE'RE NOT HAPPY 'TIL YOU'RE NOT HAPPY [CLEAN] [EDITED] - NEW CD US $12.34 Buy It Now 7h 51m
John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band - Shaved Fish US $13.06 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Wholesale Meats and Fish by Letters to Cleo CD 95 GIANT US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Little Fish - Baffled And Beat (CD 2010) SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED CD (Candy Says) US $39.16 Buy It Now 8h 2m
REO SPEEDWAGON LP ALBUM "YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
UNDERWORLD BEAUCOUP FISH JAPAN CD HD43 US $16.29 Buy It Now 8h 38m
REO Speedwagon Tuna Fish Wally Traugot Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THEODORAKIS THE DAY FISH CAME OUT OST ISRAELI LP US $60.00 Buy It Now 9h 15m
SWEET HONEY IN THE ROCK good news LP 12 track (ff245) us flying fish 1981 US $11.98 Buy It Now 9h 16m
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY neither fish nor flesh LP 10 track with booklet in stickere US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Analog Fish - KISS - Japan CD - NEW J-POP AnalogFish US $23.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
COUNTRY JOE & FISH Fixin' To Die NEAR MINT Vinyl RARE 1967 LP Vanguard VSD-79266 US $33.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
CD School of Fish by School of Fish (CD, Jul-1996, Capitol) US $8.29 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON (LOT OF 4) -Live Peace Toronto,Shaved Fish, Imagine US $22.22 [0 bids]
Claudia Schmidt Flying Fish Records 1979 LP Record 066 US $17.95 Buy It Now 9h 59m
How To Tune A Fish - Niamh Dunne New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.08 Buy It Now 10h
A FISH CALLED WANDA original soundtrack JOHN DU PREZ / 1988 BMG/MILAN FRENCH CD US $18.00 [0 bids]
Daniel Shays Highway Shay's Rebellion US 1987 LP Flying Fish Recs US $8.15 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Underworld - Beaucoup Fish US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Fish Monkey Man Breathing CD Single US $5.45 Buy It Now 10h 14m
David Holt - Reel And Rock (1985 Flying Fish Records FF-90372) Used Cassette US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 16m
JOHN LENNON SHAVED FISH vinyl lp RECORD APPLE THE BEATLES PLASTIC ONO Vg US $5.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE FREEMAN: Why Are You Doing This To Me / I'm Like A Fish 45 rare Soul US $80.00 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Thing Fish Frank Zappa 2 CD Ryko Made in Japan Steve Vai Johnny "Guitar" Watson US $54.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH c. j. fish LP VG+ VSD-6555 USA Stereo 1970 Record US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Three Fish : Quiet Table CD (1999) US $13.47 Buy It Now 11h 29m
MARILLION FISH 12" PICTURE DISC NO ONE CAN RARE VINYL PICTURE RECORDS RECORD US $11.41 Buy It Now 11h 38m
The Marvelettes: Two Many Fish In The Sea / A Need For Love 45 - Northern Soul US $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Lennon Plastic Ono Band Shaved Fish LP US $15.51 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Happiness Is Not a Fish That You Can Catch by Our Lady Peace (CD, Sep-1999,... US $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Fish - Big Wedge/Jack and Jill 7" Single Wallet Sleeve NM EMS 125 1989 LTD ED US $6.53 [0 bids]
RIBLJA CORBA,the best of riblja corba, fish dish ex yugo CD US $24.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
BRIGHT MORNING STAR " SWEET AND SOUR " NEAR MINT 1988 FLYING FISH VINYL LP US $8.15 [0 bids]
12h
REO SPEEDWAGON /YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH US $3.00 [0 bids]
1961-BOBBY RYDELL-The Fish-45RPM-BARRY LABEL US $0.89 [0 bids]
Steve Hillage - Fish Rising (2007) MINT CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $9.78 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Bob Fish "No Chance" Great Oz 7" US $7.24 Buy It Now 12h 24m
"YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" REO SPEEDWAGON LP EX.COND US $2.95 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Law of the Fish by Radiators (U.S.) (The) (CD, Jan-1988, Epic (USA)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Fish (Marillion) - Fortunes Of War 2x CD IMPORT US $5.99 [0 bids]
I MOTHER EARTH 2xCassette Tapes SCENERY AND FISH Edwin ANOTHER SPIN AROUND THE US $6.66 Buy It Now 12h 39m
THE RADIATORS LAW OF THE FISH LP US $5.50 Buy It Now 12h 41m
COUNTRY JOE & FISH Feel Like I'm Fixin to Die LP VANGUARD game VG++ shrink psych US $9.99 [1 bids]
*NEW SEALED* MARILLION OFFICIAL BOOTLEG BOX SET VOL 2 8 CD DISCS 2010 EMI FISH US $48.63 Buy It Now 12h 59m
David Amram Flying Fish Latin Jazz Fusion LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 6m
FISH A Feast Of Consequences (VINYL/2014) !NEW! Marillion US $80.00 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Parliament - Aqua Boogie / (You're A Fish And I'm A) Water Sign - George Clinton US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Schlong Fish Booty CD Bun Length BL-5 1995 US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 27m
Beoga - How To Tune A Fish [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 13h 31m
An Emotional Fish "Lace Virginia" Great UK PS 7" US $7.24 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Go Jimmy Go - Girl With The Fish Bowl Eyes (NEW CD) US $14.27 Buy It Now 13h 35m
REO SPEEDWAGON you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish LP VG+ JE 35082 US $4.50 Buy It Now 13h 36m
CHRIS SQUIRE---FISH OUT OF WATER US $6.00 [0 bids]
Country Joe & The Fish - Here We Are Again - Vanguard 1969 w/Lyric Insert VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Memories Are Made of This [Digipak] by Deana Martin (CD, Aug-2006, Big Fish... US $2.99 [0 bids]
FRANKIE FISH UNTIL THE NIGHT WHITE LABEL PROMO COUNTRY MUSIC US $0.20 [0 bids]
14h
Roger Bellow & The Drifting Troubadours (1988 Flying Fish FF-504) Used Vinyl LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 14h 11m
REO SPEEDWAGON, You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish LP, PROMO/DEMO US $24.95 Buy It Now 14h 20m
John Lennon Shaved Fish Vinyl LP Record Apple Label Excellent! US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
Reel Big Fish , Audio CD, Why Do They Rock So Hard? US $6.96 Buy It Now 14h 21m
Dreamtime - Zen Fish (1998) US $10.61 [0 bids]
BRYAN BOWERS the view from home LP Mint- FLYING FISH 037 Vinyl 1977 Record US $7.50 Buy It Now 14h 28m
BARRY MELTON - THE FISH - FIRE-SIGN RECORDS - FSA87002 - "SEALED" - "SEALED" US $28.00 Buy It Now 14h 32m
CD BIG FISH EAT LITTLE FISH Selftitled MINT US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 46m
BATTLEFIELD BAND Home Is Where The Van Is FLYING FISH LP SEALED US $14.95 Buy It Now 14h 53m
LESS THANK JAKE Greased CD Album! Reel Big Fish Zebrahead US $6.51 [0 bids]
LESS THANK JAKE The Pez Collection CD Album! Reel Big Fish Zebrahead US $4.88 [0 bids]
HEAR doo wop jive jazz vocal 78 THE KEYS Fish LONDON 669 US $19.95 Buy It Now 14h 58m
1969 Country Joe and the Fish Greatest Hits Lp Vanguard Records USA VSD 6545 US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 2m
CLAUDIA SCHMIDT PROMO 1979 SEALED FLYING FISH LP USA PRESSING US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 2m
PACIFIC RIM DULCIMER PROJECT LP on Flying Fish FF307 From 1983 US $4.99 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH-"HERE WE ARE AGAIN" 1969 ISSUE LP+INSERT-NEAR MINT VINYL US $8.99 [0 bids]
FISH-"A GENTLEMAN'S EXCUSE ME" NEW 1990 U.K. ISSUE 12" EP with DEMO VERSION US $7.99 [0 bids]
FISH-"SOMETHING IN THE AIR" TWO VERSIONS & LIVE TRACK-NEW 1992 U.K. ISSUE 12" EP US $7.99 [0 bids]
"ALMOST MINT"..FISH(MARILLION).BIG WEDGE.NUMBERED WALLET SLEEVE NEO-PROG.ROCK 7" US $6.51 Buy It Now 15h 12m
JOHN RENBOURN RENBOURN'S SHIP OF FOOLS CD ALBUM FF70466 FLYING FISH PENTANGLE US $19.25 Buy It Now 15h 13m
SUBHUMANS 29:29 SPLIT VISION LP FRANCE ISSUE FISH 16 PUNK US $14.98 Buy It Now 15h 25m
fish -state of mind cd single US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
Blackened Fish [PA] by Emackillent (CD, Sep-2002, 2K Sounds) US $2.24 Buy It Now 15h 29m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH "Here We Are Again" Vanguard 79299, 1969 MT-/MT- US $19.95 Buy It Now 15h 38m
DIANE COFFEE - MY FRIEND FISH NEW VINYL US $24.80 Buy It Now 15h 49m
BIG FISH / O.B.C. NEW CD US $23.87 Buy It Now 15h 49m
JOHNNY CARLO FISH WALK/POINCIANA 45 CONCORD RECORDS 112 US $9.98 Buy It Now 15h 50m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"