FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

Raingods With ZipposRaingods With Zippos
Roadrunner Records/Wea 1999
Karl Meyer - LOUNGE STYLE LATIN MUSIC FOR LIFE FISH Moqueca di Peixe by Japan CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 48m 1s
STRAY CATS / CHOO CHOO HOT FISH JAPAN CD OOP US $19.99 Buy It Now 51m 31s
SOUL SHOCK REMEDY - Fish Eye Lens - CD, Christian alt rock featuring Ken Mari US $2.99 Buy It Now 59m 15s
More Fish Out Of Water EP : Rex Records ?10" : CUT COPY etc US $2.08 Buy It Now 1h 7m
JOHN LENNON Shaved Fish APPLE US $20.93 Buy It Now 1h 13m
You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish by REO Speedwagon (CD, Epic (USA)) US $2.90 [1 bids]
Wholesale Meats and Fish by Letters to Cleo (CD, Jul-1995, Giant (USA)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
REO SPEEDWAGON You can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Malaysia Fish Leong Liang Jing Ru ??? 2000 Rare Rock Taiwan Karaoke VCD FCS3872 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
FISH INTERNAL EXILE LP MADE IN BRAZIL 1991 WITH INSERT Marillion US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h
FISH VIGIL IN A WILDERNESS OF MIRROR LP PROMOTIONAL BRAZIL 1990 GTFOLD Marillion US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h
FISH - Internal Exile + European Tour Dates - 1991 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 2h 4m
AN EMOTIONAL FISH - SILENT NIGHT AT SAINT THOMAS - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.27 Buy It Now 2h 6m
FISH SUNSETS ON EMPIRE . SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION CD, marillion US $20.91 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Various : Shooting Fish Soundtrack CD (1997) US $3.94 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Red Norvo, Live at Rick's Cafe Americain, Flying Fish FF-079 US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
No Doubt - Rock Steady 2LP 2001 EU Orig Gwen Stefani Sublime Reel Big Fish US $92.50 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Wynonie Harris : Women, Whiskey and Fish Tails CD (1993) US $18.93 Buy It Now 2h 32m
JUNIOR SAMPLES THE WORLD OF It Happened To Junior Truth About The Fish The Cook US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Galactic Cowboys : Machine Fish CD (2004) US $22.54 Buy It Now 2h 43m
NORTHERN SOUL 45RPM RECORD - GOOD TIME CHARLIE - FISH 8007 US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Mancrab Fish For Life 3 mixes Us 12" Tears For Fears US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH I FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN PROG PSYCH AKARMA 180g LP LIM 300 US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Corey Harris : Fish Aint Bitin CD (2000) US $14.75 Buy It Now 3h 33m
LINDA RUSSELL AND COMPANIE sing we all merrily LP (ff402) us flying fish 1987 US $8.44 Buy It Now 3h 34m
LINDA WATERFALL body english LP 9 track (ff439) us flying fish 1987 US $8.44 Buy It Now 3h 34m
AN EMOTIONAL FISH JUNK PUPPETS CD ONLY 1 CENT US $0.01 [0 bids]
Sweet Honey In The Rock(Vinyl LP)Feel Something Drawing Me On-Flying Fish-US-M/M US $20.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
JONAH & WHALE Old Testament for kids prophet tape fish US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Badly Drawn Boy Have You Fed the Fish? (CD, Nov-2002, Artist Direct Records) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Free Souls In A Trapped Environment, Citizen Fish, Good US $17.23 Buy It Now 4h 16m
CLIVE GREGSON & CHRISTINE COLLISTER~HOME AND AWAY~1987 PROMO LP~FLYING FISH US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Fred Small - I Will Stand Fast (CD, 1988, Flying Fish) US $4.95 [0 bids]
Fred Small - Jaguar (CD,1991, Flying Fish) US $0.95 [0 bids]
HAYWOOD,LEON FAT FISH 2525 SOUL CARGO M-/VG+ $150.00 US $150.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
FREE 2for1 OFFER- EclectricityLanguage Of The Heart Label: Flying Fish- 281/LP US $19.98 Buy It Now 4h 43m
School of Fish by School of Fish (CD, Jul-1996, Capitol) US $0.99 [0 bids]
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1981 The Recorder Peter Gabriel/Fish Food BR002 Rock France US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Sealed LP Shady Grove Band Mulberry Moon Flying Fish US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Too Late to Turn Back Now by New Grass Revival (Cassette, 1997, Flying Fish) US $4.89 Buy It Now 5h 13m
REEL BIG FISH favorite noise JAPAN 2 CD SEALED HS95 US $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 24m
REEL BIG FISH we're not happy 'til you Japan CD SS BN34 US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
ALBERK THE FISH: Yes I Love You (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
SCHOOL OF FISH Japan CD SEALED Neo-Psych Jangle Pop SS US $8.24 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Fish (Marillion) - Brother 52 CD single (Dick Bros, 1997) CD1 w/ 1 non-LP cut! US $9.64 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Fish (Marillion) - Incomplete CD single (Roadrunner, 1999) w/ 2 non-LP cuts! US $9.64 Buy It Now 5h 40m
The Company by Fish CD IMPORT WEST GERMANY Single US $9.99 [0 bids]
Leon Haywood-It's Got To Be Mellow b/w Fish Ain't Bitin'(Lamont Dozier) 45 US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Fish (Marillion) - Brother 52 CD single (Dick Bros, 1997) CD2 with 2 remixes! US $9.64 Buy It Now 5h 52m
FISH "THIS IS LIFE Part 1 c/w THIS IS LIFE Part 2" KILLER MODERN LISTEN! US $321.94 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Country Joe and The Fish "Greatest Hits" Vinyl LP VG+ US $4.50 [0 bids]
Pop 45 Walter Murphy - Rhapsody In Blue / Fish Legs On Private Stock Records US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Millions Ne - Poison Fish [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Diane Coffee - My Friend Fish [Vinyl New] US $19.93 Buy It Now 6h 24m
David Burgin - Wild Child - LP (1984 Flying Fish Records) (Harmonica) US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Fessa Hooks Fish Fry - Vol. 1-Fessa Hook's Fish Fry [CD New] US $20.98 Buy It Now 6h 27m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - ELECTRIC MUSIC FOR THE MIND AND BODY - 2 CD"s DIGIPAK US $6.99 [0 bids]
Larry McNeely Band - Power Play (Flying Fish 218) ('80) (autographs on the BC!) US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Borderlines by Jennifer Berezan (CD, Dec-1992, Flying Fish) US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Larry McNeely Band - Power Play (Flying Fish 218) ('80) (sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
SNFU - IF YOU SWEAR YOU'LL CATCH NO FISH - NEW CD US $12.44 Buy It Now 7h 10m
CHRISTMAS SAMPLER 4TRK PROMO CD Goldfinger Reel Big Fish+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
An Emotional Fish - Junk Puppets (CD 1993) US $1.61 [0 bids]
Fish (Jasmine) LEONG JING RU ??? Love in Heart ????? 2012 Taiwan w/box CD New US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Pharcyde - Otha Fish/Masta Ace Inc. - Slaughtahouse/ +2 - U.S. PROMO cd 092014 US $11.23 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Green Eggs And Ham & Other Servings Of Dr. Seuss AUDIO CD 9 stories One Fish Fox US $11.98 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Glass Fish - Hermine Deurloo New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.22 Buy It Now 7h 51m
For Whom the Bells Toll by Fish CD Marillion Yes Genesis Transatlantic Porcupine US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
CD Double: Fish : Derek Dick And His Amazing Electric Bear Live Haddington 1991 US $19.70 [0 bids]
CD Double: Fish : Kettle Of Fish 88- 98 US $22.44 [0 bids]
CD Album: Fish : Field Of Crows Marillion US $27.67 [0 bids]
CD Album: Fish : Internal Exile : Marillion US $23.65 [0 bids]
8h
CD Double: Fish : Communion : Live Haddington Scotland 2006 Marillion US $24.45 [0 bids]
Wholesale Meats & Fish, Letters to Cleo, Good US $3.75 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Wholesale Meats And Fish - Letters To Cleo... US $11.95 Buy It Now 8h 20m
HITDISC 301A APRIL 23- 1999 - ALL-4-ONE- JEFFERSON STARSHIP- BABEL FISH-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Big Fish - Ready to Eat (2005) Japanese NEW/SEALED with Obi SPEEDYPOST US $8.39 Buy It Now 8h 48m
JOHN HAMMOND Nobody But You FLYING FISH USA LP mint sealed fold ssw blues US $17.82 Buy It Now 8h 53m
COUNTRY JOE & FISH - VANGUARD VISIONARIES NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 8h 55m
MANDINGO GRIOT SOCIETY w/ DON CHERRY S/T LP VG+ OG flying fish afro jazz US $15.00 [0 bids]
SEALED TRACY NELSON Homemade Songs LP Flying Fish US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 15m
MARILLION metal Pin badge 1980's Prog rock band. Fish Rare US $20.12 [11 bids]
Dick Nolan: I'se The B'y, What Catches Da Fish Newfoundland Songbook LP NM Cdn US $7.49 Buy It Now 9h 22m
MICHAEL SMITH s/t LP 8 track with deletion cut (ff404) us flying fish 1986 US $8.44 Buy It Now 9h 24m
RADIATORS: Law Of The Fish (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Man Go Fish I Do Believe (PS) 7" Vinyl Single US $7.65 Buy It Now 9h 26m
MIKE CRAVER fishing for amour LP 11 track (ff330) us flying fish 1984 US $8.44 Buy It Now 9h 32m
MITCH RYDER--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(TOO MANY FISH IN THE SEA)--PS--PIC--SLV US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
DJ D ZIRE NO MC NO COMMENT 12" FURIOUS FISH 1987 RAP SCRATCH HIP HOP SCRATCH US $6.42 [0 bids]
Pharcyde - Otha Fish 12" Single US $8.00 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits by Country Joe and the Fish [Vinyl VG+ | Cover VG+] US $11.00 Buy It Now 9h 52m
ROBYN HITCHCOCK~IF YOU WERE A PRIEST/THE CRAWLING 1986 U.K. 7" GLASS FISH OOZE1 US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Pearl Jam Member THREEFISH Laced PROMO DJ CD Single 1996 Three Fish FASTBACKS US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Country Joe & the Fish ROCK LP (Vanguard VSD 79299) Together VG+ US $4.66 Buy It Now 10h
Dig Hay Zoose-Struggle Fish CASSETTE (New-Sealed)* US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 3m
CD I Mother Earth Scenery And Fish Advance US $7.64 Buy It Now 10h 4m
I MOTHER EARTH Scenery and Fish CANADA 1996 CAPITOL DISC IS EX++ US $2.00 [0 bids]
BARRY MELTON - THE FISH - UNIT. ARTISTS - U.K. LP- 1975 US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h 14m
"YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" REO SPEEDWAGON LP VG+ US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 17m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH here we are again LP VG VSD 79299 Vinyl 1969 Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 10h 20m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"