FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

A Feast of Consequences (2013)A Feast of Consequences (2013)
Red Fish Blue Fish - Deep - CD - NEW - 9Tracks US $19.99 Buy It Now 33m 50s
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - INEITHER FISH NOR FLESH - CASSETTE US $4.75 [0 bids]
1h
ROBIN WILLIAMSON & HIS MERRY BAND NM+ America Stonehenge album vinyl flying fish US $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
CITIZEN FISH - White Logo Cloth Patch - NEW US $3.72 Buy It Now 1h 7m
I'VE LOST SARAH 7" VINYL P/S FISH CAN'T SWIM - SOFT AND WATER / ALL SOULS DAY EX US $5.34 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me / Fish in the ocean 45 1960 EX US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Claudia Schmidt Midwestern Heart Original 1981 Flying Fish Americana Folk Lp US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rare Air [LP] Mad Plaid *NM* [Flying Fish; FF 333] (1984) *Na Cabarfeidh* US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
REEL BIG FISH - FAME FORTUNE & FORNICATION NEW CD US $17.33 Buy It Now 2h 31m
LEE PERRY - ROAST FISH & CORNBREAD NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 2h 31m
JIM POST Ship Shape LP NM, PRISTINE! Flying Fish 1980 US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
PETER ALSOP Draw The Line LP EX! Flying Fish 1980 US $2.39 Buy It Now 2h 51m
PAUL EVANS HAPPY GO LUCKY ME/FISH IN THE OCEAN 45 RPM GUARANTEED RECORDS 208 US $4.98 Buy It Now 3h 4m
PETER ALSOP uniforms LP 11 track still sealed (flyingfish256) us flying fish 198 US $8.31 Buy It Now 3h 27m
FLORIAN ROSS - BIG FISH & SMALL POND (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 3h 40m
John Lennon Shaved Fish 1975 Hits Hebrew Text Israel Made Language Vinyl Record US $118.80 Buy It Now 4h 6m
1981 The Klezmorium "Metropolis" Flying Fish Records FF 258 Vinyl LP Very Nice US $4.18 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Reel Big Fish - A Best of Us For The Rest Of Us NEW CD US $14.62 Buy It Now 5h
Generic Skaca w/Mephiskapheles, The Porkers, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake US $8.00 [0 bids]
STALE FISH GRAB - REBORN - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 10Tracks US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
+ TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - NEITHER FISH NOR FLESH CD VGC US $3.26 Buy It Now 6h 20m
1979 GEOFF MULDAUR "BLUES 'BOY" LP-FLYING FISH-201-VINYL-MINT COVER EXCELLENT US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
LP LENNON, JOHN - SHAVED FISH (APPLE PCS 7173) 1975 BRITISH ORIGINAL ISSUE EX+ US $16.56 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Vinicius Cantuaria Horses And Fish 2004 CD World Music Album Brand New US $23.29 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Reel Big Fish,Home Grown,CD,Take Warning,Aquabats,Teen Heroes,Blue Meanies US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Reel Big Fish Fame Fortune And Fornication 2009 CD Ska Punk Music Album New US $19.96 Buy It Now 7h 47m
THE PHARCYDE OTHA FISH/LIVE @ DODGERS STADIUM ORG 7" RAP 45 ON DELICIOUS VINYL US $29.99 [0 bids]
NORMAN BLAKE Old And New Vinyl LP Flying Fish 010 NM! US $19.88 Buy It Now 7h 52m
You Can Tune A Piano, But You Cant Tuna Fish * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $18.14 Buy It Now 8h 11m
REEL BIG FISH MONKEYS FOR NOTHIN LP VINYL NEW US $31.61 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Underworld - Beaucoup Fish (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 8h 33m
QRZ? ft STEPZ - Fast Fish & Loose Fish - Excellent Con 7" Single 10 TEN 314 US $6.64 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Fish State Of Mind Uk 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 37m
FISH - Internal Exile + European Tour Dates - 1991 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.49 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Wholesale Meats and Fish by Letters to Cleo (CD, Jul-1995, Giant (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Blues Mercury 45 "JUST LIKE A FISH" Junior Parker US $9.99 [0 bids]
MARK ZUBEK - TWENTY TWO DOLLAR FISH LUNCH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 9h 10m
RaRe Import JOHN LENNON Shaved Fish UNIQUE Diff Picture Sleeve LP The Beatles US $89.99 Buy It Now 9h 27m
RARE OOP SUBLIME BADFISH BAD FISH SKUNK RECORDS CD 1995 RARE OOP LOOK US $16.99 [0 bids]
Malka Spigel - My Pet Fish CD NEW UK 1998 Swim~ Wm10 US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Walter Trout Band - No More Fish Jokes - 1992 Dutch Vinyl LP US $24.97 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Flying Fish 004 Norman Blake/"The Fields Of November"/LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Beaucoup Fish by Underworld (CD, Feb-2006, V2 (USA)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Fish Samantha - Black Wind Howlin' NEW CD US $18.76 Buy It Now 9h 55m
DANIEL SHAYS HIGHWAY~SHAYS' REBELLION~SCARCE ORIG 1987 FOLK LP~FLYING FISH US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 2m
The Radiators "Law of the Fish" LP PROMO US $4.95 Buy It Now 10h 3m
An Emotional Fish(7" Vinyl P/S)Celebrate-East West-YZ489-UK-VG/Ex US $9.49 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Free Hot Lunch, Penguin Love, 1986 Flying Fish Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 10h 50m
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH REUNION fantasy 77 Lp EX (in shrink) US $29.95 Buy It Now 10h 55m
THE DILLARDS Vs. The Incredible L.A. Time Machine FLYING FISH VG++/NM- US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Jonathan Stevens - Creationland - Flying Fish Records - LP!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
REO Speedwagon ?You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish LP Vinyl PE35082 US $14.00 [0 bids]
Eddie And Betty - Saturday Night Fish Fry M- 1959 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 8m
12TAPES! Porcupine Tree, Deyss, Arena, Jadis, Iluvatar, Anekdoten, Fish, Galahad US $145.00 Buy It Now 11h 15m
TEARS FOR FEARS Related MANCRAB USA 1986 7" Single FISH FOR LIFE US $6.64 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Lee Scratch Perry Roast Fish & Cornbread CD Reggae Music Album Brand New US $16.63 Buy It Now 11h 43m
FISH 13TH STAR 16 PAGE BOOKLET CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FISH FELLINI DAYS 12 PAGE BOOKLET CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FISH RAINGODS WITH ZIPPOS 16 PAGE BOOKLET CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FISH SUNSETS ON EMPIRE 16 PAGE BOOKLET CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FISH State Of Mind / The Voyeur 1989 EMI RECORDS 12" VINYL SINGLE 12EM 109 US $12.48 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FISH/TONY BANKS Short Cut To Somewhere/Smilin' Jack Casey/K2 12" VINYL SINGLE US $16.63 Buy It Now 11h 52m
FRANK ZAPPA THING-FISH 2 CD JEWEL CASE US $11.69 Buy It Now 11h 53m
IRA SULLIVAN - IRA SULLIVAN VG+ NM (FLYING FISH) LP US $11.95 Buy It Now 11h 59m
The Pharcyde - Otha Fish 7" Single MINT / Rap US $15.98 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Country Joe & The Fish - Vanguard Visionaries [CD New] US $10.09 Buy It Now 12h 4m
1970 ZACHARIAH Soundtrack LP COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH JAMES GANG, ABCS-OC-13 Recor US $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 5m
The PERSUASIONS - Comin' At Ya - LP 1979 Record - FF 093 (Flying Fish) Doo-Wop US $5.95 Buy It Now 12h 5m
THE OUTHERE BROTHERS 1 Polish 2 Biscuits and a Fish Sandwish CD [PA] Germany US $16.15 Buy It Now 12h 17m
THE GOURDS - COW FISH FOWL OR PIG - NEW CD US $14.79 Buy It Now 12h 22m
IMPORT EP FISH STATE OF MIND MINT US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Inoue Kikuko Elegant Fish US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON - SHAVED FISH, SW-3421 CAPITOL US $19.00 Buy It Now 12h 33m
MARILLION: He Knows You Know/Chelsea Monday 12" PROMO LP Ships from SWEDEN Fish US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
KERRANG 275 FISH QUIREBOYS MORTAL SIN WARRIOR SOUL US $9.97 Buy It Now 12h 35m
RHYTHMIC ESSENCE - R.A . FISH - THE ART OF THE DUMBEK (CD) (REF E2) US $6.64 Buy It Now 12h 37m
FISH FORTUNES OF WAR BRAND NEW CD +2 FREE SUNSETS & MIRROR EX MARILLION FRONTMAN US $29.95 [0 bids]
South Park San Diego Gay Fish 7" Record Store Day 2013 RSD Comedy Central Stan US $55.00 Buy It Now 12h 43m
Badly Drawn Boy- Have You Fed The Fish US $8.27 Buy It Now 13h 2m
The Radiators Law of the Fish vinyl LP Epic BFE40888 includes lyric inner sleeve US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 6m
C.j. Fish - Joe & the Fi Country New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.59 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Reel Big Fish - Greatest Hits [CD New] US $8.05 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Louis Jordan & The Tympany Five - Saturday Night Fish Fry-Origin [CD New] US $14.69 Buy It Now 13h 11m
SHRIEKBACK FISH BELOW THE ICE 2X 12" UK US $11.49 Buy It Now 13h 13m
New York City Ache! by Bobby Sanabria (CD, Dec-1993, Flying Fish) US $10.89 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Greatest Hit...and More [PA] by Reel Big Fish CD EE3 # US $2.49 Buy It Now 13h 19m
Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me / Fish In The Ocean 1960 VG+ Guarnteed 208 US $4.50 [0 bids]
MARILLION + FISH - "WELCOME TO THE VIDEOS" - DVD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Country Joe & The Fish Electric Music For The Mind And Body Vanguard VSD-79244 US $5.50 [4 bids]
Happiness Is Not a Fish That You Can Catch by Our Lady Peace (CD, Sep-1999, Sony US $1.99 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Country Joe & The Fish Tigether Vanguard VSD-79277 NM Vinyl G Cover US $3.91 [2 bids]
FISH cassette tape album VIGIL IN A WILDERNESS OF MIRRORS US $14.96 Buy It Now 13h 45m
VARIOUS ARTISTS/FISH - TENDRES BERCEUSES - NEW CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Robin Flower LP 1st Dibs Flying Fish Records (FF-326) US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h
REO SPEDWAGON - YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO, BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH 2000 US CD * NEW * US $11.64 Buy It Now 14h 6m
MARILLION AND FISH Vintage Badges and Keyring 6 x Badges and 1 x Keyring US $5.41 [1 bids]
RARE! Sushi Live in Utrecht by Fish (2 Discs Dick Bros) Austria Import Marillion US $10.39 Buy It Now 14h 13m
CD - Badly Drawn Boy - Have you Fed the Fish - 6 Tracks US $1.91 Buy It Now 14h 17m
TOP POP 95 VOL.2 RARE ISRAELI CD Fish In Zone,Corona,Mimosa,Tony Di Bart,Mo-Do, US $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Josh Clayton Felt SCHOOL OF FISH 6 LIVE PROMO RADIO DJ CD Single George Michael US $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"