FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLL

CD 1: 62:21
1. Vigil (9:08)
2. Credo (8:14)
3. Tongues (7:31)
4. Family Business (6:16)
5. Incubus (15:03)
6. The Company (9:19)
7. Shadowplay (6:50)

CD 2: 40:40
1. Shadowplay (12:44)
2. Dear Friend (9:58)
3. Lucky (6:01)
4. Big Wedge (6:32)
5. Heart Of Lothian (5:25)
6. Forgotten Sons (9:47)
7. Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes (11:42)

Search FISH For Whom The Bells Toll lyrics

- Mickey Simmonds / keyboards
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums
- David Paton / bass, backing vocals

New Years Eve

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH For Whom The Bells Toll Music

"7"-CJF(Country Joe & the Fish)-Peace On Earth/santa claus rag -rare non lp '83 US $14.00 Buy It Now 30m 44s
Have You Fed the Fish? by Badly Drawn Boy (CD, Nov-2002, Artist Direct Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
33m 8s
Sweet Honey in the Rock by Sweet Honey in the Rock (CD, Jan-1991, Flying Fish) US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 22s
Fish (Marillion) "Big Wedge" 3-track UK CD single, 1989 US $5.00 [0 bids]
36m 20s
Happiness...is Not a Fish You Can Catch [Best Buy Exclu US $3.74 Buy It Now 38m 35s
"7"-STAR DRIVE PLAYERS(Country Joe & the Fish)-Voyage of the good ship...'79 US $14.00 Buy It Now 40m 32s
1970 ZACHARIAH Soundtrack LP COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH JAMES GANG, ABCS-OC-13 Recor US $5.95 [0 bids]
43m 39s
The PERSUASIONS - Comin' At Ya - LP 1979 Record - FF 093 (Flying Fish) Doo-Wop US $5.95 [0 bids]
44m 34s
DO RAY ME TRIO: Saturday Night Fish Fry (blues & r&b vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 46m 1s
Bird Fish Or Inbetween, Souls, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 47m 45s
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH REUNION LP 1977 NICE VINYL MISSING ORIGINAL JACKET US $7.99 Buy It Now 53m 44s
RUMBLE FISH - I AM RUMBLE FISH (IMPORT) NEW CD US $26.26 Buy It Now 54m
NORMAN BLAKE The Fields Of November '74 ORIG FLYING FISH FOLK LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
58m 43s
Barnes & Barnes - Zabagabee US orig' SEALED Rhino LP w/Fish Heads US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
FISH RIKE PROJECT - LONELY HEART EP NEW CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Letters to Cleo, Wholesale Meats & Fish Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SCHOOL OF FISH: SCHOOL OF FISH SELF TITLED CD! EX US $5.27 [0 bids]
Chris Squire LP Fish Out of Water 1975 Debut NM/VG+ US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Reel Big Fish Why Do They Rock So Hard (MDS Australia) CD US $9.55 Buy It Now 1h 13m
FISH AND ROSES-self-titled debut vinyl LP-Chris Cochrane-Ann Rupel-cutout EX/VG+ US $7.98 [0 bids]
NEW - The Smoking Fish US $5.97 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Original Poster - Reel Big Fish - Nov - Dec 2012 Torn Poster US $14.05 [0 bids]
The New Orleans Radiators Law Of The Fish rare LP great condition US $11.99 [0 bids]
Terence Trent D'Arby Introducing The Hardline & Neither Fish Nor Flesh 2-LP's US $14.99 [0 bids]
Fresh Fish Special by Robert Gordon/Link Wray on Private Stock records US $4.00 [0 bids]
Fish (Marillion) "Tales From the Big Bus" 2-CD live set (1998) US $10.00 [0 bids]
TREVOR TRIO CONVULSANT DUNN'S - SISTER PHANTOM OWL FISH NEW CD US $17.04 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Phish Joy SEALED Trey Mike Page Fish Light Sugar Shack LP viny record album US $15.50 [5 bids]
Less Than Jake "Hello Rockview" 7x 7" Box Set Reel Big Fish Nofx Blink 182 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
SI KAHN: I'll Be There-MT 1989 LP FLYING FISH US $7.69 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Teddy in the Sky With Magnets by Fish Karma (CD, 1991, Triple X Records. US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Choo Choo Hot Fish by Stray Cats (CD, Nov-1994, Pyramid Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
GRAND AGENT Fish Outta Water NEW CD King Britt J RAWLS Kev Brown ALUMNI Hezekiah US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Lizard Vision by Austin Lounge Lizards (CD, Sep-1991, Flying Fish) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Reo Speedwagon, You Can Tune a Piano But You Can't Tune a Fish Audio CD US $6.23 Buy It Now 1h 54m
REEL BIG FISH - FAME FORTUNE & FORNICATION NEW CD US $17.44 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Stray Cats Choo Choo Hot Fish CD 1992 US $2.00 [0 bids]
LEE PERRY - ROAST FISH & CORNBREAD NEW CD US $17.04 Buy It Now 1h 56m
FLORIAN ROSS - BIG FISH & SMALL POND (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.42 Buy It Now 2h 3m
COUNTRY JOE & FISH Electric Music For Mind & Body 3 3/4 ips. 1967 Ampex R2R EX! US $49.95 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH~Life and Times~2 LP Set~Vanguard,1971~VG/VG+! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
FISH & BIRD - EVERY WHISPER IS A SHOUT ACROSS THE VOID NEW CD US $28.96 Buy It Now 2h 18m
OUR BUNDLE OF JOY-Petra/GO FISH/Beanbag/THE WAITING-Cd US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Frank Zappa - Thing-Fish CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH - TOGETHER NEW CD US $20.11 Buy It Now 2h 29m
45 rpm-Paul Evans-Happy Go Lucky Me/Fish in the Ocean-Guaranteed 208 US $1.50 [0 bids]
Terence Trent Darby - Neither Fish nor Flesh - 1989 CD Album in very good cond. US $4.69 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Fish "Raingods with Zippos" original 1999 Roadrunner Records CD US $14.00 [0 bids]
REO SPEEDWAGON, "YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FISH" US $1.99 [0 bids]
Fish * A Feast of Consequences Deluxe Edition CD/DVD/100 page book New US $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
SHOWMEN 39-21-46 / Swish Fish 1967 Northern Soul rare promo 7" VG Minit US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 48m
DANNY ELFMAN-BIG FISH-BEST ORIGINAL SCORE-FYC-PROMO ONLY-CD-OINGO BOINGO-MINT! US $7.35 Buy It Now 2h 50m
SNFU - If You Swear, You'll Catch No Fish - LP (BYO 017) Red Label Reissue US $12.22 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Red Fish Blue Fish - Deep - CD - NEW - 9Tracks US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
FISH LEONG If One Day 2000 Taiwan [CD+VCD] ??? ????? US $28.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Six of One, Half-Dozen of the Other by Marillion MINT LIKE NEW FISH PROG US $8.88 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Fish Leong I Love You Hereafter Taiwan [2-CD+DVD] New Sealed Best Hits US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Robert Gordon w/ Link Wray Fresh Fish Special 8 Track Tape TESTED US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 34m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH- ELECTRIC MUSIC FOR THE MIND AND BODY 1967 GARAGE PSYCH US $9.99 [1 bids]
Shooting Fish Soundtrack, Various, Good Soundtrack US $4.64 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Reel Big Fish Turn the Radio Off 2 LP GREEN ORANGE SWIRL VINYL 500 made NEW US $50.00 [0 bids]
Wild Hard Bass Anthems Mixed By Nik Fish & Weaver 2 CD - New US $25.48 Buy It Now 3h 52m
I MOTHER EARTH - Scenery and Fish US $5.50 [0 bids]
REEL BIG FISH - FAVORITE NOISE, Brand New US $14.06 Buy It Now 3h 58m
STEWART COPELAND RUMBLE FISH ORIGINAL PICTURE SOUNDTRACK VINYL LP STEREO © 1983 US $9.99 [0 bids]
LORRAINE DUISIT - Hawks and Herons - 1983 Flying Fish Records FF 308,open shrink US $2.99 [1 bids]
I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-... Country Joe & The Fish vinyl LP record UK US $66.47 Buy It Now 4h 32m
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - INEITHER FISH NOR FLESH - CASSETTE US $4.75 [0 bids]
Something In The Air - Black Pack Fish UK CD single (CD5 / 5") FISHL3 POLYDOR US $38.40 Buy It Now 4h 33m
RaRe Import JOHN LENNON Shaved Fish UNIQUE Diff Picture Sleeve LP The Beatles US $89.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
I'VE LOST SARAH 7" VINYL P/S FISH CAN'T SWIM - SOFT AND WATER / ALL SOULS DAY EX US $5.96 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me / Fish in the ocean 45 1960 EX US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
BABEL FISH same+2 JAPAN CD w/OBI 0798 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
STALIN THE Fish Inn BQ ORIGINALBQL-1 JAPAN LP n51823 US $25.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
STALIN THE Fish-Inn+1 TKCA-72604 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI SEALED o734 BILL LASWELL US $20.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
STALIN THE Fish Inn ORIGINAL BQL-1 JAPAN LP+FLEXI p21924 BILL LASWELL US $43.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
JIM POST Ship Shape LP NM, PRISTINE! Flying Fish 1980 US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
PETER ALSOP Draw The Line LP EX! Flying Fish 1980 US $2.39 Buy It Now 6h 23m
+ Little Fish - Soundtrack CD excellent condition US $52.67 Buy It Now 6h 34m
PAUL EVANS HAPPY GO LUCKY ME/FISH IN THE OCEAN 45 RPM GUARANTEED RECORDS 208 US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 36m
PETER ALSOP uniforms LP 11 track still sealed (flyingfish256) us flying fish 198 US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 59m
John Lennon - Shaved Fish LP - Capitol - Rock US $6.76 [0 bids]
DAVID ESHET Capt Nisht Gefilte Fish YIDDISH 7" ??? ??? ??? ?????? ??????? ??? US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
The Clique Featuring Alex Patty - Save Me / The Fish Down Gina's 7" 45 - Detour US $7.20 [0 bids]
John Lennon Shaved Fish 1975 Hits Hebrew Text Israel Made Language Vinyl Record US $118.80 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Reel Big Fish - A Best of Us For The Rest Of Us NEW CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 8h 33m
STALE FISH GRAB - REBORN - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 10Tracks US $17.99 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Fish - Big Wedge - CD SINGLE (1989) (Marillion) Prog Rock US $10.22 Buy It Now 9h 26m
+ TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - NEITHER FISH NOR FLESH CD VGC US $9.36 Buy It Now 9h 52m
JOHN LENNON/SHAVED FISH ORIG UK US $80.50 Buy It Now 10h 31m
JOHN LENNON/SHAVED FISH w/OBI JPN EAS80380 US $14.00 Buy It Now 10h 31m
Primus DVD & 2 CD's - Blame it on the Fish, Suck on This & Sailing Sea of Cheese US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Reel Big Fish,Home Grown,CD,Take Warning,Aquabats,Teen Heroes,Blue Meanies US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h
Vinicius Cantuaria Horses And Fish 2004 CD World Music Album Brand New US $23.87 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Reel Big Fish Fame Fortune And Fornication 2009 CD Ska Punk Music Album New US $20.46 Buy It Now 11h 19m
NORMAN BLAKE Old And New Vinyl LP Flying Fish 010 NM! US $19.88 Buy It Now 11h 24m
JOHN LENNON/SHAVED FISH ORIG UK PCS7173 US $102.50 Buy It Now 11h 43m
You Can Tune A Piano, But You Cant Tuna Fish * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $18.16 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Women, Whiskey & Fish Tails by Wynonie Harris (CD, Sep-1993, Ace (Label)) US $17.21 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Tree In Fish [Remaster] by Mother Gong (CD, Sep-2005, United States of... US $15.03 Buy It Now 11h 44m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll ratings distribution

FISH For Whom The Bells Toll reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Actually, I was not interested to purchase this CD. But, .. it's Fish man! It's an ex frontman from the band that I loved so much .. Marillion! So finally I purchased it. As this is an official bootleg, the cover is not good at all. Surprisingly - knowing well that this is a bootleg record - the quality of sound is really excellent. I sometime think that this is like an official live album of Fish. I'm really satisfied by the record quality. Let's have a look on the performance. It's recorded from Edinburgh Playhouse at New Year's Eve of 91. You know by the time Fish just released second album "Internal Exile". So you would find songs were taken from the first two albums plus some Marillion's.

The album starts with the opening track of debut album "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors". This track is performed better at this live version because it's much dynamic than the original studio version. The band that accompanies the show could emulate the studio version better. Fish could control his pitch during this emotive song. I have no problem at all with this version. In fact I'm very happy because this excellent song can be performed excellently - plus excellent live vibes from the crowd. At the end of the opening track Fish does some communication to end the song.

"Credo" (8:14) is basically not a good track as per my taste when I look at the studio version. But here Kevin Wilkinson plays the drums better than the studio version. Fish uses this song to communicate the crowd and makes them hot. I actually like the chorus line - especially the guitar part is stunning. After "Credo" Fish makes a conversation with the crowd with his Scott accent.

"Tongues" (7:31) is also taken from the second album "Internal Exile". It has specificity on singing style that spells nicely the title meaning. Fish' singing style emphasizes on the "tongue" control. I am amazed with the fact, again, that this track is better in live version - it's got better bass sound than the studio version. The band performs better than in the studio version. The song that actually does not attract me on the studio version but now with this live version I do enjoy well. I love the way Fish scream "Auuuummm. auuumm" backed with howling guitar sounds that accompany him.

"Family Business" (6:16) is really a great track from debut album and I do enjoy it very much - one of my favorite Fish tracks. After conversation with the crowd, the soft guitar sounds backed with bass guitar lines in spacey nuance enters the music. Fish enters his voice brilliantly. Again, I love this live version of catchy melody song.

Right after "Family Business" Fish does a lot of conversations with the audience before he finally sings "Incubus" from Marillion's second album "Fugazi" released in 1984. In general, actually I tend not to like Marillion's song being covered by other band including Fish and his band because the soul is different. Frank Usher's howling guitar is different than Rothery's guitar style. But for a change, I can enjoy this track as well even though I opt the original version. One thing needs to notice here is the piano work Mickey Simmonds is really good. The guitar solo is also enjoyable in a way that sounds like two players playing the guitar: Frank Usher and Robin Boult. The improvisations with different notes after vocal break at the end of the track is really stunning. It entertains me in a way that actually my preference is the original band plays this song. But it's okay because Fish band gives another version. The guitar solo deserves attention even though the soul of the music is far way from the original version.

"The Company" (9:19) is one of Fish great creation from his debut album. The music is completely great and also the lyric is so captivating. The vocal line is full of accentuation and the melody is catchy. As far as music style I don't think that Marillion has ever thought of making music such wonderful as The Company. The opening part in this version is not as good as studio but it's more dynamic in terms of vocal and, most importantly .. the crowd sing together with Fish. I like when the music interlude starts to roll in the middle of the track where the string section enters with some traditional notes - it's so beautiful! This is a song that I always repeat when I play the debut album CD. So powerful and uplifting! After this song Fish does his story telling again with the audience.

"Shadowplay" (6:50) is the opening track of Fish's second album "Internal Exile". Again, this is another favorite of mine because it has all the qualities of great Fish songs. It has powerful low register notes and vocal aggression by Fish. It starts beautifully with an ambient guitar sounds and keyboard followed wonderfully by a blast of music that combines vibraphones, drums, bass, guitar and keyboard make this song so energetic. Fish vocal enters with powerful accentuation. The chorus line "I saw your life as a shadowplay. In a trance I was held by the shadowplay. In the spell of the shadowplay. From Celtic Illumination. I see the Celtic Illumination. The Celtic". The part where Fish does his narration in the middle of the track is also very attractive. It pumps my adrenalin to run faster!

Disc Two starts with another Fish conversation, a story telling again. I don't know why "Shadowplay" is being repeated again at the start of Disc Two. It's probably to fill-up the disc space. "Dear Friend" (9:58) is a ballad from second album followed with "Lucky" (6:01) from the same album. The band retursn back to debut album with "Big Wedge" (6:32) which does not favor me.

"On the outskirt of nowhere on the ringroad of nowhere ." says Fish as the opening of "Heart Of Lothian" (5:25) followed by piano work by Mickey Simmonds. Again, soul-wise it's not as great as the one in "La Gazza Ladra" live set but it's okay for bringing memory backs to the past days of Marillion. "Forgotten Sons" (9:47) is also not better than the "Real to Reel" version but I enjoy Mickey Simmonds keyboard sounds and guitar solos by Usher and Boult. It's just another version of the best Marillion song I have ever known - that's why I keep putting "Peace on earth and mercy mild .." at the end of my review because this song is really a killer! The music interlude that so far has killed me is now delivered a bit different from Marillion, and it's still rocking! "For a second you'll be famous but labeled posthumous.."

The live album ends with "Internal Exile / Market Square Heroes" (11:42). Market Square Heroes is a regular encore in early Marillion's concerts.

Overall, this is an excellent live record of Fish solo with some songs of Marillion. I'd rather have Fish plays his solo albums than Marillion with his band. He should not look back his past days. He must have learned from Peter Gabriel who has never looked back his days with Genesis. Life moves on without Marillion! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157204) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post a review of FISH "For Whom The Bells Toll"