SONGS FROM THE MIRROR

Fish Songs From The Mirror album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy FISH Music
Studio Album, released in 1993

1. Question (Moody Blues) (6:38)
2. Boston Tea Party (Alex Harvey Band) (4:25)
3. Fearless (Pink Floyd) (6:15)
4. Apeman (The Kinks) (5:54)
5. Hold Your Head Up (Argent) (3:43)
6. Solo (Sandy Denny) (4:09)
7. I Know What I Like (Genesis) (4:17)
8. Jeepster (Marc Bolan And T-Rex) (4:30)
9. The Seeker (The Who) (3:17)
10. Five Years (David Bowie) (5:19)

Search FISH Songs From The Mirror lyrics

- David Paton / bass
- Robin Boult / guitar
- Kevin Wilkinson / drums

Roadrunner Records RR 8682-2

FISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Cliche Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors, 1990
  • Tongues Internal Exile, 1991

Buy FISH Songs From The Mirror Music

JOHN LENNON shaved fish LP 12 track (sw3421) us capitol 0 US $10.39 Buy It Now 31m 50s
JUNGLE FISH KBS TV Drama OST CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $13.77 Buy It Now 51m 34s
JOHN LENNON shaved fish JAPAN CD OBI NM CP32-5453 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h
JIANG HUI CD + VCD Fish That Loves To Dream US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
LES FISH - OTHER SPACES [CD NEW] US $15.97 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Ross,Florian Trio - Big Fish & Small Pond [CD New] US $13.34 Buy It Now 2h 15m
One Pound Fish Man - One Pound Fish [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Wish For Eden - Pet The Fish (1990) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2h 31m
An Emotional Fish ?- Celebration Live E.P Uk 10" US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
SHAVED FISH_JOHN LENNON_used LP_VINYL_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $18.67 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Psych COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH C.J. Fish VANGUARD Stereo MINT!! US $23.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
FISH For Whom the Bells Toll [2-CD] *NEW Orig UK 1993 Marillion Progressive Rock US $49.95 Buy It Now 3h 31m
78 rpm HUMPHREY LYTTLETON BAND glory of love / fish seller US $20.17 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Fish - Big Wedge 12" US $18.49 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Havalina Rail Co - Diamond In The Fish (1990) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Lil Keke - Fish Grease (2011) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.75 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Go Fish - Infectious (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 50m
FISH (Marillion) - Big Wedge - 1989 UK limited edition 2-track 7" vinyl single US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 54m
CD: Terence Trent D'Arby - Neither Fish Nor Flesh US $4.20 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Reel Big Fish - Everything Sucks (CD) 21 Tracks - Ex Condition - Fast Postage US $8.39 Buy It Now 4h 6m
NEW - Mr. Anderson/Fish & chips [Single-CD] US $5.80 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Fish Go Deep - Set The Night On 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 4h 11m
JOHN LENNON - Shaved Fish LP - UK Apple 1st Press - M- with Inner Sleeve US $50.43 Buy It Now 4h 21m
School of Fish by School of Fish (CD, Jul-1996, Capitol) US $3.50 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Country Joe & The Fish - Electric Music For The Mind & Body CD US $27.74 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Fish B. One - How That Sound / Get It On 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Badly Drawn Boy-Have You Fed the Fish NEW CD 2002 Folk US $22.89 Buy It Now 4h 48m
UNDERWORLD Beaucoup Fish (CD) US $3.74 Buy It Now 4h 58m
BLUE DOTS - SATURDAY NIGHT FISH FRY / PLEASE DONT TELL EM - RHYTHM US $11.75 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Ghostface Killah - More Fish (Clean) (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Cher U.k. - Go-go Fish (1900) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 5h 25m
JOHN LENNON(BEATLES)Japan 1980 NM LP+Obi SHAVED FISH US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Chris Smither - Happier Blue CD - (Flying Fish) US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 39m
MARILLION "KAYLEIGH" EUROPE PRESS 12" SINGLE (FISH) 20 0639 6 US $10.07 [0 bids]
FISCHER-Z fish's head 209 772 german ariola 1989 LP PS EX/EX with inner sleeve US $20.86 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Soundtrack - Shooting Fish (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Galactic Cowboys - Machine Fish (Mb Co) (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Country Joe & The Fish,I Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die,LP US $13.43 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Country Joe And The Fish,I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die,LP US $44.53 Buy It Now 6h 19m
JOHN LENNON SHAVED FISH LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND CAPITOL RECORDS VINYL ALBUM US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Wholesale Meats And Fish [Us Import] US $4.14 Buy It Now 6h 37m
JOHN RENBOURN - SHIP OF FOOLS CD - PENTANGLE - NICK DRAKE - FLYING FISH US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
MICKEY SIMMONDS - The Shape of Rain (CD 1996) M. Oldfield Renaissance Camel Fish US $9.99 [0 bids]
FISH 'SUSHI' 20-TRACK DOUBLE CD US $21.83 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Mitch Ryder PS Too Many Fish in the Sea US $7.49 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Country Joe & The Fish - Together US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Steve Hillage ~ Fish Rising LP ~ 1975 ~ Classic Progressive Rock ~ Gong ~ US $19.99 [0 bids]
Collectors Items: The First Three EP's by Country Joe & the Fish CD- Like New! US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
1961 Bobby Rydell "The Fish"/ "The Third House"/ VG+ US $5.98 [0 bids]
NEAL KIMBLE Working Out / You're Flying High DJ 45 R&B NORTHERN SOUL Fat Fish US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Goodbye Mr Mackenzie,Fish Heads And Tails,LP US $9.23 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Super Mario Bros Plush Character Soft Toy Stuffed Animal Collectible Doll Teddy US $6.98 Buy It Now 7h 46m
COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH I Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die LP RSD '13 reissue Vanguard US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH Here We Go Again LP - 1969 VANGUARD US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
THE ROSEHIP STRING BAND - Self Titled s/t 1976 FOLK BLUEGRASS Flying Fish US $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Byron Berline OUTRAGEOUS Flying Fish LP 227 US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 7m
QRZ ? feat STEPZ UK 1990 CD Single FAST FISH AND LOOSE FISH DiscMINT US $7.55 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Badly Drawn Boy - Have You Fed The Fish (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 8h 21m
FISH: Credo 12 (UK, limited edition textured cover box set sealed w/ title stic US $60.00 Buy It Now 8h 28m
LENNON PLASTIC ONO BAND shaved fish LP VG+ 1 C 072 05 987 Vinyl Record US $19.20 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Mountain - 8 Mini LP CD Japan 2006 + Promo-Box VERY RARE OUT-OF-PRINT MINT Fish US $450.00 Buy It Now 8h 42m
New Grass Revival Flying Fish LP 1979 US $14.00 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Shaved Fish, John Lennon CD UPC: 077774664226 US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Barde - Images on Flying Fish Records 217 STILL IN SHRINK WRAP US $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Lee Perry - Roast Fish & Cornbread NEW CD US $12.27 Buy It Now 9h 11m
SEALED 1989 Si KAHN I'll Be There LP Flying Fish Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 12m
John Lennon "Shaved Fish" LP, VG+ US $11.88 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Arthur Godfrey I Wish I Were A Fish From The Incredible Mr. Limpet-45 US $4.99 [0 bids]
I've Got the Joy: A Children's Choir Collection (Go Fish Choral Collections) US $26.83 Buy It Now 9h 21m
TEARS FOR FEARS Related MANCRAB USA 1986 7" Single FISH FOR LIFE US $6.71 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Lee Perry & the Upsetters Roast Fish Collie Weed Corn Bread VP black ark rare NM US $64.00 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Feel Something Drawing Me On by Sweet Honey in the Rock (CD, Flying Fish) US $3.60 Buy It Now 9h 31m
THE BOMB PARTY FISH NORMAL RECORDS GERMANY 1988 VINYL LP *EXCELLENT PLUS ALBUM US $13.53 Buy It Now 9h 33m
UNDERWORLD BEAUCOUP FISH 1998 UK 2xLP JUNIOR BOY'S OWN JBO1005431 NEW SEALED US $35.30 Buy It Now 9h 50m
Klezmorim - Metropolis on Flying Fish Recirds 258 STILL IN SHRINK WRAP US $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Reel Big Fish - Monkeys For Nothin [Vinyl New] US $27.07 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Super Mario Bros Plush Character Soft Toy Stuffed Animal Collectible Doll Figure US $5.89 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Fish - CD 13th Star (Marillion ) US $3.70 [3 bids]
Jennifer Robin - Fish Up A Tree (1991) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 10h 10m
COUNTRY JOE McDONALD Private Press CUSTOM FIDELITY Psych Folk LP And The Fish US $199.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles / John Lennon - Shaved Fish (Japan) / CP32-5453 US $19.99 [1 bids]
Robyn Hitchcock Egyptians Element Light Glass Fish UK A-1/B-1 First Press NM LP US $6.71 [0 bids]
Shaved Fish John Lennon Audio CD US $26.64 Buy It Now 10h 22m
DOUGLAS DILLARD LP Heaven 1979 Flying Fish folk US $5.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH TOGETHER vanguard 68 /1 1st press Lp US $36.96 Buy It Now 10h 28m
JOHN LENNON-SHAVED FISH-YUGO LP 1976+INNER/LYRICS-APPLE US $19.00 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Jahiti Fish Bowl.. 7th Anniversary Edition US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Fish Heads & Rice - Four Heads (1997) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.47 Buy It Now 10h 56m
CULTURE SHOCK- Go Wild + All The Time! CD (Ska-Punk/Dub) Rare FISH30CD US $16.79 [0 bids]
SCHOOL OF FISH THE WRONG SAMPLER U.S. PROMO CD DPRO-79776 1991 5 TRACKS NEW US $26.99 [0 bids]
11h
FISH - Yin & Yang - 1995 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.56 Buy It Now 11h
BIG FISH Promo Only SCORE CD Danny Elfman PEARL JAM FYC US $40.00 Buy It Now 11h 2m
, Neil B. Rolnick's Fish Love That Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
1024 RANKING FISH I-KINAKY-REGGAE CONNECTION REGGAE 45 7" US $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 4m
The Klezmatics: Rhythm + Jews (CD, Flying Fish) US $3.00 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Clean Lp THE KLEZMORIM Metropolis 1981 Flying Fish Fun! US $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 9m
PRISCILLA HERDMAN Seasons Of Change '83 FLYING FISH FOLK LP Shrink EX+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 11m
JOHN LENNON (BEATLES) 'SHAVED FISH' (APPLE-CAPITOL, LP ALBUM, 1978) US $16.00 [0 bids]
FISH-A GENTLEMAN'S EXCUSE ME 3 TRACKS UK rock 12" US $10.98 Buy It Now 11h 27m
FISH-SOMETHING IN THE AIR X2/DEAR FRIEND UK rock 12" US $10.98 Buy It Now 11h 27m

More places to buy FISH music online Buy FISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FISH Songs From The Mirror ratings distribution

FISH Songs From The Mirror reviews

Review by Hibou
3 stars This is not a prog album per se but a string of cover songs which FISH decided to make his own. Some of them turn out better than others but overall, I found quite a few that actually sound better than the original versions. At the very worst, they give you a different perspective on tunes you've long relegated to your old 'pop' days such as the MOODY BLUES "Question", PINK FLOYD's "Fearless", GENESIS' "I Know What I Like", MARC BOLAN's "Jeepster" and DAVID BOWIE'S "Five Years', to name the ones I prefer. Even if this could be deemed a pop album, the professionalism displayed on it is beyond reproach. You can also tell FISH is having fun, here. If you keep in mind that the man did not intend to make any profound intellectual statement with such an album, you'll be able to enjoy it for what it is. Thanks for the breath of fresh air, FISH.

Send comments to Hibou (BETA) | Report this review (#25063) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 29, 2004

Review by Gatot
2 stars This is the third studio album from Fish and the band and was the last deal with Polydor before he made a label of his own. As the album title, this represents cover version of other rock stars: J. Hayward of Moody Blues, Alex Harvey, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Argent, Marc Bolan, The Kinks, The Who, Bowie and Sandy Denny. It contains Fish' interpretation and appreciation of those rock stars of the 70s. It represents almost all genre: glam rock, classic rock, and progressive rock (was called as art rock). Honestly, I'm not familiar about the glam rock era until I watched a movie "VELVET GOLDMINE" that covered the period when glam rock was born with Bolan and Bowie as super stars at that period.

I don't recommend this album to most of you who never heard of Fish with Marillion or as solo artist. This album has nothing but appreciation of rockers. I only recommend this album for collectors / fans only unless you are in the stage of exploring Fish works (having observed his work with Marillion). Don't get me wrong with the rating because as a fan of Fish I like this album. Three reasons why I like this album: First, I love Fish' voice - even though his voice quality is not top class (as many of my friends say it so) but he has a strong character in his singing style; he can stimulate a positive energy with his voice. He even can sing with his heart as he appreciates the song writers of this album. I really enjoy his voice. His voice is not the same as Gabriel, but it's nice.

Second reason, I like almost all of songs featured in this album (except those from glam rock era that I'm not used to listen). "Hold Your Head Up" was my favorite when I was a childhood - it's a very energetic and uplifting track. "Boston Tea Party" is also nice song. Pink Floyd's "Fearless" was my favorite as well. What else? Of course Genesis's "I Know What I Like" who has been composed differently from original version. It's good for a change - it's much more disco style, but it's OK. Third reason, I like the overall performance of Fish and the band in this album; excellent! This includes the sonic quality of the CD produced - I can hear all details pretty clear in my ears. Great production!

Well, even though I love this album , but I don't recommend to all of you to have it instead. Why? It's for collectors / fans only. If you are a fan, this album is probably excellent for you. I leave it up to you to decide. Rating 2/5. GW, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#25064) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 30, 2004

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Party pieces

For reasons best know to himself, but on the face of it unabashed self indulgence, Fish decided to record an entire album of cover versions. The songs chosen are among his favourites, but that does not necessarily mean they are suitable for his style.

The opening track, "Question" was a hit single for the Moody Blues in the early 70's, also appearing on their "Question of balance" album. It's a wonderful song, which requires the melodic tones of Justin Hayward to work. Fish has a very distinctive vocal style. He can at times sing quieter passages with great delicacy, but his delivery on up-tempo songs is less melodic. Thus, while his performance on the middle section of "Question" is adequate, the faster sections at the start and end are poor.

The Sensational Alex Harvey band's "Boston Tea Party" is a more appropriate choice in terms of suitability, although even here, Fish does not offer anything other than a faithful cover of the original. Argent's "Hold your head up" also holds up better, the chorus becoming a multi-tracked chant. It lacks Rod Argent's excellent organ solo though.

Elsewhere "Fearless" (Pink Floyd) has a good guitar riff, but lacks the distinctive football crowd ending. Tracks such as "Jeepster" (T Rex), and "Five years" (Bowie) are reasonably faithful to the originals.

What we do get is the opportunity to hear Fish performing a Genesis song, and thus the chance to compare his delivery with that of Peter Gabriel. The choruses of "I know what I like" do find Fish sounding very Gabrielesque, probably deliberately.

One has to "question" the purpose of this release. The songs are all very familiar, the definitive versions of each being the originals. If anything, all the album goes to show is that Fish is not that great a singer. He's fine within the bounds of his own material, but here he sounds like a so-so night-club performer, the versions he presents on this album are little more than his party pieces.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#25065) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 07, 2005

Review by progrules
1 stars When Fish left Marillion in the late eighties and started a solo carreer you would think he had great plans for instance where the songwriting is concerned. His third album contains only covers. Need I say more ? This is very disappointing ! I don't like covers. It's usually poverty, a lack of inspiration in your own songwriting when you use covers. Especially in a genre (progrock) where compositions and writing your own songs are essential elements I think it's at least poor and actually unforgivable to do this. In fact it doesn't matter anymore to me if the covers are nicely done or whether Fish delivers a good performance or not. Maybe I'm too harsh here but I can only give this one star.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#145209) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars This is course a particular album in Fish's discography. Prog is not even next door. But that's what it was all about. To perform some great songs (but not all of them) from great artists (but not all of them are great IMO).

To start this review, I would think that one of the least probable song here is "Solo" from Sandy Denny. The great folk female vocalist who was backing Plant during "The Battle Of Evermore" (Led Zep, would you believe!). This interpretation is one of the good moments of this album.

During my mid teenage days, I was a fan from "The Sensational Alex Harvey Band" and even if "Boston Tea Party" is pretty well executed, it doesn't have the grandeur of "Faith Healer" of course. But most of these covers don't dig in the best repertoire of the artists featured (maybe a royalty issue?). "Fearless" (without You're Never Walk alone) from the Floyd being a wonderful example.

And even if the version of "Apeman" might sound funny (The Kings), it is far from being great. A typical "Press Next" T song. And the "Argent" cover does sound too much like a weak Collins one to be interesting.

With the last four songs, Fish is touching some other big, very big names (but remember, he already covered "The Kinks", and Floyd). As one could have expected, the "Genesis" cover won't be "The Musical Box" nor "Watcher" nor "Firth". Just their most commercial song (still great of course) : "I Know What I Like". His interpretation is good of course. Funny to hear Fish singing a Genesis number (but the closing part is quite difficult to bear).

In the early mid-seventies, I was quite in the glam rock fantasy; and T-Rex was of course a fave of mine. This version of "Jeepster" is probably not as good as the original but not too bad at all.

You might have understood for about fourteen months and some 1,400 reviews (although I do not relate too much of him here) that I have a special relation with this great man (?). Since I was fourteen. Yes, it all started in 1973. And it never stopped. This version of "Five Years" is a good one but the choirs are a bit too much. Not on par with the original IMHHO (you know the humble and honest affair, I guess). I just LOVE this song and I believe it is one (out of plenty) out of the greatest Bowie wrote.

A good closing number but if you sincerely listen to each song, there is little to write home about here. I am rating this album with three stars, not due to Fish's great interpretations, but more to some excellent original songs. And most of them are so closely related to band s I appreciated so much.

Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#163398) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 07, 2008

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Songs From The Mirror was Fish´s third solo album and it seems to be released as such to fulfill his contract with Polydor. That may explains why he did an entire CD of covers so early in his solo career and not a so good one. The title is a reference to the songs he used to sing in front of the mirror as a youth, dreaming on becoming a rock star. However, the selection is hardly prog at all and also does not exactly fit his voice.

The tracklist is quite varied (covers of Bowie, T-Rex. Moody Blues, the Kinks and others, but he did not exactly chose the best from those either), the band is of course full of good musicians, and Fish, well, he is one of prog´s best singers to appear on the scene since the early 80´s. But Fish´s talent lays much on his poetry and the way he sings his own stuff. As a covers singer he would stand very little chance: he lacks the vocal technique and training to really bring up something new to this repertoire. Besides, the whole record seems to be rush recorded and released. It is very short and the best version (The Who´s The Seeker) is a bonus track. That tells it all, doesn´t it? Even his interpretation of Genesis I Know What I Like sounds forced and unnatural. It looked like he did it just satisfy people´s curiosity (after all those comparisons with Peter Gabriel when he was in Marillion)

As much as I love this guy and his work (with Marillion, solo and with others), this is one of the very few true disappointments I found in his discography. Sad to say, it is also the only of his CDs I ever got rid of. He may had his reasons to do it as he did. Still, it´s too far removed from the quality stuff he recorded thus far to justify even a three star rating. This is for hardcore fans, collectors and completionists (which Im not). Two stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#290522) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 16, 2010

Review by lazland
1 stars I've put this on now in a pique of curiousity, for the first time in about ten years, with only two questions on my mind. Is it as awful as I remember it being when I first bought it? Is it still a one star album from one of my favourite artists of all time?

Regrettably, the answer to both of these questions is yes. If ever there was a contender for worse prog or prog related album of all time, then this is it. This was the last album Fish made for his then record label, and I've never been altogether sure whether a covers album of undoubted classics was his or the label's idea/fault in trying to resurrect some badly needed commercial success. It didn't work, and this album represented the true nadir of a great man's career, although, thankfully, he was able, later, to turn it all around and release some exceptional neo prog original work.

About the only credit I can give this album is that at least, in the main, he went for some of the more obscure titles from some of his favourite inspirations. Regrettably, he and his band murder each and every one of them, so much so that I haven't got the energy to review the tracks individually.

Utterly devoid of imagination, feelings, managing to make even Fearless (an exceptional Floyd track) sound like the sort of track the BBC used to put out on Sunday Night Light Programme for your great grandmother's delight, surely a feat in itself, there is not a kind word to say.

In fact, this review should be left at that. Avoid at all costs, even if you feel that you have to have all of his albums. It is not a true Fish LP. It must have been the work of an imposter.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#340836) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 02, 2010

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars I didn't realise that it was an album of covers. When I saw it in a music shop I just bought it. Vigil was a good album and Internal Exile wasn't too bad. I wasn't very passionate for the new Marillion so I didn't read the song's titles.

When making covers an artist has two choices: stay as much as possible close to the original or change everything and make it a new song. I really like the reaggae version of Dark Side Of The Moon by "Easy Stars All-Stars" to make an example.

Unfortunately Fish remained in the middle: not too different and not too close. In a word: "useless", at least for the songs that I already knew.

There are some that I never heard before and of which I still don't know the original versions. They are: Boston Tea Party, Hold Your Head Up and Solo.

About "I know What I Like", I don't like the original, too.

The only highlight is Fearless. I like as it has been arranged and even if this version doesn't add anything to the original is the only very enjoyable song of the album.

This is nothing more than a fan's item. A curiosity, let me say.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#434426) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 16, 2011

2 stars It doesn't matter whatever reasons had been thrown in the ring to put out this album, they never justified it at all, it's nothing but a compromise that the artist needed to make for the record company he was so hugely in debt with since Polydor had bought him out of the EMI-contract. And it was ... (read more)

Report this review (#610441) | Posted by rupert | Sunday, January 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FISH "Songs From The Mirror"