SMALL CHANGES WE HARDLY NOTICE

1. All I Remember is Punk Rock
2. Hearts and Consequences
3. But Now You Know
4. Swim Team Philosopher

Search YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Small Changes We Hardly Notice lyrics

Search YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Small Changes We Hardly Notice tabs

- Morten / Drums
- Gjermund / Guitar
- Torbjorn / Guitar
- Audun / Bass

10'' Vinyl

Count You Lucky Stars Label

Thanks to The Truth for the addition

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Small Changes We Hardly Notice Music

More places to buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON music online Buy YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Small Changes We Hardly Notice ratings distribution

YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON Small Changes We Hardly Notice reviews

Review by The Truth
COLLABORATOR Post and Math Rock Team
5 stars 4 songs, a rather short little EP but it's still one the best examples of good post-rock and also one of the best releases of the year. How you might ask? It's simple, this is downright great melodic and emotional post-rock.

The great thing about Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson is their somewhat unorthodox approach to post-rock. They have a sound that is deeply infected by the emo and post-hardcore music scenes but is still clearly post-rock. In this way, they create something that is interesting to listen to, emotional, catchy and epic all at once.

Their self-titled record was a good example of that sound and that album was a masterpiece, but here YPoFH's sound is a little more evolved and a little more interesting. The addition of horns and female background vocals immediately had a profound effect on the music particularly the opening track "All I Remember is Punk Rock" which is literally one of my favorite songs of the year. Also worth noting is the heartstring plucking orchestration in the background of songs like But Now You Know that sounds like Sigur Ros at their most emotional. Their sound has grown full as a result of the additional factors and this EP benefits greatly from it.

Each song maintains that spark that the opener has and you've got yourself a beautiful little EP, one that I listened to constantly this year and one that could be the best post-rock this year.

If you haven't checked out Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson yet, shame on you. You need to listen to them and what better way to start than this short and beautiful little EP?

Send comments to The Truth (BETA) | Report this review (#886470) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Post a review of YOUTH PICTURES OF FLORENCE HENDERSON "Small Changes We Hardly Notice"