LA MOSAÏQUE DE LA RÊVERIE

Pageant

Pageant La Mosaïque de la Rêverie album cover

Buy PAGEANT Music
Studio Album, released in 1986

1. La Mosaïque De La Rêverie (7:51)
2. Vexation (8:14)
3. Echo (5:56)
4. L'Enfer Des Poupées (4:28)
5. Rires Dans La nuit (9:08)
6. Un Giel De Celluloide (8:17)
7. Epilogue (6:41)

Search PAGEANT La Mosaïque de la Rêverie lyrics

Search PAGEANT La Mosaïque de la Rêverie tabs

- Hideaki Indou / drums
- Kazuhiro Miyatake / flute, acoustic guitar
- Hiroko Nagai / vocals, keyboards
- Nobuyuki Nagashima / bass
- Ikkou Nakajima / vocals, guitars

Cd. Musea FGBG 4181.AR (1996)

PAGEANT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAGEANT La Mosaïque de la Rêverie Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abysmal Masquerade (Mini Lp Sleeve)Abysmal Masquerade (Mini Lp Sleeve)
Extra tracks · Import
Universal 2006
Pay for Dreamer's SinPay for Dreamer's Sin
Imports 2006
Pageant - Raden Genso (La Mosaique De La Reverie) [Japan LTD CD] KICS-91946Pageant - Raden Genso (La Mosaique De La Reverie) [Japan LTD CD] KICS-91946
KING RECORDS (JAPAN)
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) Mint #BO60 US $5.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. CD 1986 I.R.S. Records USA Alt Indie Rock FREE SH 2 US $6.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) *25 FREE S/H US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
R.E.M. "Life's Rich Pageant" 1986 I.R.S. CD BMG# D100166 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PAGEANTS "ARE YOU EVER COMING HOME c/w I'M A VICTIM" SCARCE NORTHERN LISTEN! US $76.77 Buy It Now 2 days
R.E.M.-LIFE'S RICH PAGEANT 1986 I.R.S. RECORDS LP IRS-5783 EXC. VG+ FALL ON ME US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
R.E.M. - Life's Rich Pageant: The I.R.S. Years Vintage 1986 CD ALBUM NEW/ MINT US $10.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
RARE TEEN VOCAL 45 - BERNIE ROBERTS - I WANT SOME LOVIN/ALL I WANT - PAGEANT 707 US $9.99 [1 bids]
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $5.25 Buy It Now 8 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M.CD I.R.S. 1986 GOOD CONDITION USED CD US $4.80 Buy It Now 13 days
R.E.M. - Life`s Rich Pageant: The I.R.S. Years Vintage 1986 - CTMCD339 US $12.44 Buy It Now 14 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1986, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $4.25 Buy It Now 14 days
R.E.M. / LIFES RICH PAGEANT / CASSETTE TAPE / REM / I.R.S. 1986 US $11.93 Buy It Now 14 days
R.E.M LIFES RICH PAGEANT 1986 UK LP I.R.S MIRG1014 A1/B1 PRINTED INNER VG/EX US $25.58 Buy It Now 15 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Aug-2003, I.R.S Records (Australia)) US $2.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Life's Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $12.00 Buy It Now 17 days
R.E.M. Life's Rich Pageant IRS 1986 MASTERDISK EX+ BEGIN I Believe THESE DAYS US $24.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $12.99 Buy It Now 20 days
R.E.M. - Life's Rich Pageant (EU The I.R.S. Years Vintage 11 Tk 1993 CD Album) US $8.52 Buy It Now 21 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1986, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $1.00 Buy It Now 21 days
R.E.M.: Lifes Rich Pageant Cassette VG++ Canada I.R.S. IRSMC 5783 US $5.99 Buy It Now 21 days
R.E.M.: Lifes Rich Pageant Cassette VG++ UK I.R.S. MIRLC 1507 US $9.99 Buy It Now 21 days
R.E.M. "Fall On Me" I.R.S. 7" (life's rich pageant lp rem) US $15.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Life's Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, 1986, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 23 days
R,E,M, Life's Rich Pageant 1986 I.R.S. (UK) VG++/VG++ US $23.43 Buy It Now 23 days
Life's Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD, Jan-1998, I.R.S. Records (U.S.)) US $6.15 Buy It Now 24 days
R.E.M.-LIFES RICH PAGEANT I.R.S IRSD-5783 MINT CD US $7.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Lifes Rich Pageant by R.E.M. (CD,1986 I.R.S./MCA Records) 12 Tracks 076732578322 US $1.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PAGEANT music online Buy PAGEANT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAGEANT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAGEANT La Mosaïque de la Rêverie ratings distribution

PAGEANT La Mosaïque de la Rêverie reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Another one of these neo japanese band that failed to captivate me along Gerard , Teru , Outer Limits etc... Note that some Japanese band did enthuse me a little more such as By Kyo Ran, Happy Family, Wappa Gappa, Kenso and a few other, but their style/genre of rock was other than neo.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#25185) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 22, 2004

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars The first album "La Mosaïque de la Rêverie" is one of the most acclaimed Japanese albums. The seven compositions contain twanging guitars, delicate flute, lush keyboards and sensitive electric guitar. It's beautiful symphonic rock, very melodic and harmonic with strong hints from GENESIS, CAMEL and RENAISSANCE. The Japanese vocals (not always a strong point in the Japanese prog rock) sound convincing: powerful and high pitched. The climates changes from dreamy to bombastic with splendid build-ups and exciting 'grand finales'. If you want to float on symphonic waves, let you take away by this CD from PAGEANT, later albums sound also good but were less symphonic.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#25187) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 27, 2004

Review by Progbear
4 stars Fairly typical-and yet, exemplary-take on the Japanese mega-symphonic sound of the 1980's. Front and center of the band is singing keyboardist Hiroko Nagai, who in tried and true Japanese style fills every corner with lush symphonic layers of synthesizer. She's better known, however, for her powerful yet often delicate singing voice. She's certainly superb!

The fullness of sound is quite astounding. Oft-compared to Renaissance, and that's somewhat true over the softer passages. But they alternate between harder, more fire-tipped sections of the sort you would never find on a Renaissance album. Guitarist Ikkou Nakajima certainly comes into his own here, adding an aggressive and authoritative stance to the music. They're never as hard-edged as, say, Providence, but neither are they as mellow and airy as Mugen. Nowhere near as derivative, either. They have absorbed their influences well.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#49489) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 30, 2005

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Another ´lost´ gem of the progressive scene in Japan of the 80´s. I was always amazed of how many good groups japan had at the time. I found out about this group only recently and what a nice surprise it was! Their sound is quite unique being a mix of symphonic prog with some japanese folk mix in (specially the vocal parts). I liked those bombastic keyboards put together with acoustic guitars a la Renaissance and some fine flute. Vocals are a bit acquiring the taste: not bad but also not great either. In fact, Hiroko Nagai, who also handles the keyboards, sings with passion and convinction, even if I didn´t like her timbre too much.

Production is quite good and their songwriting is excellent. Every track is a mini epic with many shifting moods and fine arrangements. They sure had a style of their own by the time they recorded La Mosaique De La Rêveie. they sound like no one in particular, and yet the overall sound is quite familiar and pleasant. There are no highlights nor fillers, all the album flows quite evenly. If you don´t mind those typical japanese vocals and lyrics, I recommended it highly.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#215720) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 14, 2009

Review by Cesar Inca
4 stars Pageant was one of those interesting progressive rock items that emerged in the Japanese 80s scene while the big giants of the genre had declined for good. Pageant refused to be pigeonholed within the neo-prog territory (unlike their comaptriot act Outer Limits) and chose to calibrate the influences of classic Genesis, classic Renaissance and classic Camel, instead. Also, Pageant is very keen on instilling Far Eastern airs into its compositions to a somewhat large degree, not unlike other brilliant compatriot acts named Ain Soph and Bellaphon. This band can also be appreciated as the threshold to another one, Mr. Sirius, soon to be formed and led by flutist-guitarist Kazuhiro Mitayake. His intervention in teh Pegant line-up was actually an eleventh hour addition, which possibily indicates that his entry was the factor that allowed this band to ultimately create such a solid sonic scheme for a debut album. The album is full of recognizable melodic hooks, delivered with grandiose energy in the rockier parts. Well, now let's go for the album's repertoire itself. The namesake track kicks off the album with musical box noises and then develops a very rich framework of melody and harmony that bears a typical symphonic feel. 'Vexation' also has much of it, but the emphasis is more focused on the bucolic factor. This opening duo are perfect examples of the way that the band fluidly combines the extroverted and introverted passages, with enough room for specific flute solos and a sense of stamina provided by the powerful keyboard orchestrations. 'Echo' and 'L'Enfer des Poupées' are effective rockers that rely on the straightforward catchiness of the main motifs; comapring both, the former feels more cohesive and bears a tighter compositional structure, even becoming an undisputed highlight of the whole album. 'Rires dans la Nuit' sets another highlight by enhancing the symphonic-meets-pastoral framework of track 2 through an increased dose of symphonic bombast. Less majestic but equally accomplished in terms of melodic development, 'Un Ciel de Celluloid' displays a well- ordained architecture of acoustic guitars, lush keyboards and a loveliest flute solo. 'Epilogue' is the symphonic power ballad that closes down the album with full splendor: the keyboards' input is especially featured here without getting particularly overwhelming, and even the melodic density is toned down a bit when the flute solo emerges. Such an efficient ending is the one required for this lovely progressive rock album from the 80s: Pageant is a mandatory name in the symphonic prog collector's agenda.

Send comments to Cesar Inca (BETA) | Report this review (#285577) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Among the hottest names of the 80's Japanese Symph Prog movement, Pageant were found in 1981 by ex-Fromage guitarist Ikkou Nakajima along with keyboardist Ieteru Monno and joined soon by female singer Hiroko Naga, bassist Nobuyuki Nagashima and drummer Shirokatsu Sato.In 1982 Sato and Monno were replaced by ex-Scheherezade Hideaki Indou on drums, while Naga took on the keyboard duties.During the spring of 85' a Pageant track appeared on the ''Progressive battle'' sampler, leading to a contract with Made in Japan Records.The recordings of the band's debut took place between December 85' and January 86' at the Jam Studios in Osaka, featuring also bassist Kazuhiko Yamada and guitarist/flute player Kazuhiro ''Mr.Sirius'' Miyatake, who also spent time with Mugen around the period.

Pageant were among the few bands trying to avoid the cheesiness of many Japanese prog acts of the time, leaning towards the Classical education of Naga on vocals and keyboards and leaving aside the bombastic synthesizer stylings.So the music of the band relied heavily on Nakajima's guitar work, offering some splendid breaks and evident Classical influences, but there was also plenty of space left to Miyatake for a strong amount of acoustic guitars and delightful flute passages.The keyboards are distinct with alternating grandiose synthesizers and nice organ throughout.The arrangements of the band are mostly interesting, following the symphonic fundamentals with light interplays and plenty of good melodies.The two shorter tracks however still contain the familiar flaws of the Japanese scene: Groovy cinematic prog with a rather plastic sound and average vocals by an otherwise quite decent vocalist like Naga.From the (good) rest of the album ''Un Giel De Celluloide'' shines through: Excellent Symphonic Rock with dramatic moments, surprisingly the only one where Nakajima himself handles the vocals.

The decent fame that followed the band throughout their short career finds some good reasons in ''La Mosaïque de la Reverie'', with most of its part being well-played and often romantic Symphonic Rock with Retro influences and a good effort next to the files of MUGEN and SHINGETSU.Strongly recommended...3.5 stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#627431) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 06, 2012

4 stars The first studio albun from Japanese band PAGEANT "La Mosaique de La Reverie", is a good example of the possibility of to make a brilliant work of progressive music, without great individual performances (since the musicians aren't virtuous, but only good musicians) besides the band don't ... (read more)

Report this review (#550728) | Posted by maryes | Saturday, October 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Who will enjoy this album? A recommended album for prog symphonic fans and people who never heard any album of the 80's Japanese prog scene. What do we have here? Typical and colourful Japanese symphonic prog album. A lot of luxurious keyboards of course, moog, mellotron, used as b ... (read more)

Report this review (#306754) | Posted by Theriver | Tuesday, October 26, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Pageant's debut is one of the best Symphonic Prog albums of the 80's.. and possibly my favorite after Asia Minor's 'Between Flesh and Divine'. The music has a mystical fairy tale atmosphere: full of bright colors, vivid landscapes, unusual mythic characters, and dark shadowy forests. A lush ether ... (read more)

Report this review (#202860) | Posted by AdamHearst | Sunday, February 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is one of the best Japanese symphonic albums. The band played its first concerts already in 1982 but this debut album wasn't released until in 1986. The band, like many other Japanese progressive bands, had a female singer Hiroko Nagai. She is classically trained and absolutely one of the be ... (read more)

Report this review (#37708) | Posted by geezer | Sunday, June 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PAGEANT "La Mosaïque de la Rêverie"