SILVERTHORN

Buy KAMELOT Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

CD 1
1. Manus Dei (2:12)
2. Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife) (4:39)
3. Ashes To Ashes (3:58)
4. Torn (3:51)
5. Song For Jolee (4:33)
6. Veritas (4:34)
7. My Confession (4:33)
8. Silverthorn (4:51)
9. Falling Like The Fahrenheit (5:06)
10. Solitaire (4:56)
11. Part III - The Journey (8:52)
12. Continuum (1:48)

CD 2 (Box Set Edition)
1. Manus Dei (Instrumental) (2:12(
2. Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)(Instrumental) (4:38)
3. Kismet (Instrumental) (1:41)
4. Ashes To Ashes (Instrumental) (3:55)
5. Torn (Instrumental) (3:51)
6. Song For Jolee (Instrumental) (4:32)
7. Veritas (Instrumental) (4:34)
8. My Confession (Instrumental) (4:33)
9. Silverthorn (Instrumental) (4:51)
10. Falling Like The Fahrenheit (Instrumental) (5:06)
11. Solitaire (Instrumental) (4:56)
12. Part III - The Journey (8:52)
13. Continuum (Instrumental) (1:52)
14. Grace (Bonus-Track) (3:24)

Search KAMELOT Silverthorn lyrics

Search KAMELOT Silverthorn tabs

- Tommy Karevik / vocals
- Thomas Youngblood / guitars
- Sean Tibbetts / bass guitar
- Oliver Palotai / keyboards
- Casey Grillo / drums

The LP and limited edition will have one version of the art, while the standard version of Silverthorn will have a different but equally exquisite version of the artwork. The standard version is presented as an Ecolbook.
The limited edition contains the Ecolbook, a bonus CD with nearly 60 minutes of music, a 44 page book and an exclusive poster.
The double LP version is a gatefold on colored vinyl and includes the CD.

Thanks to mamboboy for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

KAMELOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAMELOT Silverthorn Music

Special Edition · CD+DVD
Kamelot Media Group 2010
KAMELOT-Poetry For The Poisoned (2Lp W VINYL LP NEW US $27.34 Buy It Now 2h 56m
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA - THE SECOND COMING - 95908 US $21.21 Buy It Now 9h 46m
KAMELOT THE BLACK HALO + 2 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2013 US $6.24 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Symphony X: Iconoclast Special Ed 2 CD Avantasia Kamelot Iron Maiden Helloween US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
SONATA ARCTICA 2001 CD - Silence - Dreamtale/Celesty/Kamelot/First Press.OOP. US $9.50 [0 bids]
KAMELOT**GHOST OPERA **CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 15h 13m
KAMELOT "Silver Thorn" Top new power metal heavy symphonic prog CONCEPTION BLAZE US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - EPICA NEW CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 16h 38m
* KAMELOT - Epica [Digipak] US $21.47 Buy It Now 17h 29m
Epica by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $6.80 Buy It Now 17h 57m
The Fourth Legacy by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, May-2002, Noise (USA)) US $7.93 Buy It Now 18h 56m
New Sealed Siege Perilous by Kamelot CD F.A.D. records 1998 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned [CD New] US $13.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Eternity by Kamelot (U.S.) CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA SHIPPING 8$) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ghost opera - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD (U.S. - Kamelot Media Group) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Epica - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night (2CD) (Rhapsody of Fire, Epica, Nightwish) US $2.00 [1 bids]
Kamelot - The Expedition CD (Seventh Wonder, Epica, Jag Panzer, Iced Earth) US $1.00 [1 bids]
Hammerfall - Natural High CD (Edguy, Gamma Ray, Rage, Helloween, Kamelot) US $3.25 [7 bids]
Hammerfall - Renegade (CD Single) (Kamelot, Angel Dust, Rainbow, Warlord, Dio) US $2.50 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - Ghost Opera - 2 LP VINYL - Gatefold, Color Sleeves * FREE SHIPPING* US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Epica 2011 [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT: THE BLACK HALO RARE SPV IMPORT PROMO CD!! EX+ US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT - SIEGE PERILOUS NEW CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT (U.S.) - GHOST OPERA [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot GHOST OPERA LPx2 G 693723959016 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN CD G 886922604522 Steamhammer new US $14.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN CDx2/Box Set G 886922604508 Steamhammer new US $19.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot SILVERTHORN LPx2 G 886922604515 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot THE BLACK HALO LPx2 G 693723695716 Steamhammer new US $29.97 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned 2LP +CD/DVD Gatefold US $31.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - GHOST OPERA [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.34 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - Silverthorn +1 Bonus Track CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $16.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Eternity by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA)) US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT Eternity CD 1995 1st edition US $20.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Rhapsody of Fire - The Cold Embrace of Fear CD (Manowar, Stratovarius, Kamelot) US $4.00 [1 bids]
KAMELOT - The Black Halo - RARE LIMITED EDITION DIGIPACK +2 bonus great CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot - The Black Halo LP, 1st press US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot - The Ghost Opera LP, 1st press US $29.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Evergrey-In Search of the Truth CD Signed by whole band Dream Theater Kamelot st US $8.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey-Monday Morning Apocalypse+1 CD Angel Dust Dream Theater Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Evergrey-Torn+1 CD Digipak Angel Dust Dream Theater Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Silverthorn by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Oct-2012, SPV) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
One Cold Winter's Night by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Nov-2006, 2 Discs, Steamhammer) US $13.91 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - ONE COLD WINTERS NIGHT NEW CD US $26.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot-Epica+1 RARE CD Limited Ed Digipak w/Bonus Track &Temp Tattoo Conception US $8.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT Poetry For The Poisoned VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! + CD US $29.98 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT Silverthorn VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! LIMITED EDITION IN COLOURED VINYL US $26.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned CD 2010 Metal Music Live Album Brand NEW Sealed US $10.11 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT ghost opera CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera Reprise [CD New] US $14.32 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT ghost opera BRAND NEW MASTERPIECE US $8.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ARACHNES-PRIMARY FEAR (2003) ITALIAN POWER METAL /NEOCLASSICAL MALMSTEEN KAMELOT US $4.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Silverthorn [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - Poetry for the Poisoned - ROCK/METAL Gatefold Double Disc Vinyl/SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EPICA The Classical Conspiracy Korea 2 CD New KAMELOT AVANTASIA US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot Epica 2003 Japan CD 1st Press With Obi Bonus PCCY-01637 OOP HTF Rare US $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Rhapsody - Rain of a Thousand Flames (CD) (Limited Popup Digipak) Kamelot, Edguy US $4.00 [0 bids]
Dio - Magica (CD) (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Virgin Steele, Helloween, Kamelot) US $2.00 [1 bids]
Innosense-Outcast CD Conception Fates Warning, DreamTheater, Black Fate, Kamelot US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Everflow-Abandoned Queensryche,Fates Warning,Dream Theater,Crimson Glory,Kamelot US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Imaginery-Oceans Divine Helloween,Dream Theater,Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Kamelot US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night [CD New] US $16.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Avantasia - Lost in Space, Part 1 & 2 (CD) (Edguy, Kamelot, Ayreon, Helloween) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Avantasia - The Scarecrow (CD) (Edguy, Kamelot, Ayreon, Jorn, Alice Cooper) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Kamelot, Dominion RARE US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Axenstar - Perpetual Twilight (CD) (Gamma Ray, Helloween, Rage, Kamelot, Edguy) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Cans - Beyond the Gates (CD) (Hammerfall, Warlord, Edguy, Riot, Raven, Kamelot) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Blind Guardian - A Past and Future Secret (CD) (Hammerfall, Kamelot, Iced Earth) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Sonata Artica-The Days of Grays RARE 2 CD Digipak w/ Orchestral CD Kamelot style US $8.99 [1 bids]
Sonata Artica-Unia RARE Digipak CD Stratovarius Edguy Kamelot style US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sonata Artica-Silence RARE CD Stratovarius Edguy Kamelot style US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sonata Artica-Winterland´s Guild RARE 2003 CD Stratovarius Edguy Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
Sonata Artica-For the Sake of Revenge CD + DVD Stratovarius Edguy Kamelot style US $8.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT (U.S.) - ONE COLD WINTER'S NIGHT - NEW CD BOXSET US $13.86 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT poetry for the poisoned 2xLP SEALED kamelot media group NEW metal 2010 US $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED (2CD) - *NEW CD* *SEALED* US $7.60 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN (2CD) - *NEW CD* *SEALED* US $10.30 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - EPICA - *NEW CD* *SEALED* US $8.91 Buy It Now 3 days
Kerion - CloudRiders part I (Rhapsody, Kamelot, Nightwish) US $18.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Kerion - CloudRiders part I LIMITED EDITION (Rhapsody, Kamelot, Nightwish) US $36.74 Buy It Now 3 days
POWERMAD 1998 (3-CD PROMO): Kenziner*Sacred Oath*Kamelot*Iced Earth Death Metal US $28.67 Buy It Now 3 days
Siege Perilous by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, May-2002, Noise (USA)) US $6.69 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT THE FOURTH LEGACY CD RARE MADE IN BRAZIL Manowar Hellowen Angra+++++ US $7.00 [0 bids]
The Black Halo by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Mar-2005, Steamhammer) US $11.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Silverthorn by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Oct-2012, SPV) US $9.77 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - FOURTH LEGACY NEW CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Ghost Opera KAMELOT CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.10 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - patch - FREE SHIPPING US $7.50 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN NEW CD US $20.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Fourth Legacy [CD New] US $10.90 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - THE FOURTH LEGACY [823107403020] - NEW CD US $7.92 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT - GHOST OPERA (LTD. CD+DVD) - 95900 US $21.07 Buy It Now 4 days
Ian Parry´s Consortium Project-S/T Self Titled Elegy Kamelot Ayreon Vanden Plas US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT SILVERTHORN LIMITED EDITION SEALED 2 CD SET NEW 2013 US $7.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Karma by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $6.86 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT Eternity , Crimson Glory, Conception US $15.00 [0 bids]
Dominion by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA))German 1996- N0272-2 US $7.99 [0 bids]
PERZONAL WAR different but the same CD ( RAGE KAMELOT ) US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy KAMELOT music online Buy KAMELOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAMELOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAMELOT Silverthorn ratings distribution

KAMELOT Silverthorn reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Kamelot have a strong sense of majesty and grandeur that they inject into their power metal and this separates them from the rest. One would sense a Gothic atmosphere in the music with grand cinematic keyboard swathes, and atmospheric howling wolves baying at a lonely moon. The dark forest that hides the secrets of powerful warriors that meet for rituals, or one may picture Valkyries riding through the gloomy night hunting the enemy down. The guitar riffs gallop like horses furiously being whipped to their rider's ultimate goal. The vibe is reminiscent of Manowar subdued with orchestral soundscapes, as they seek those who play false metal as each note they play may send a black arrow into their hearts. The lyrics are not about violent conquests though, but still have a sense that there is a mystical medieval concept hidden within and there is a quest to retrieve some ancient relic The secret of the iconic Silverthorn is a major component of the album, and one is never sure what power it holds or how it is integrated into the tale. The death of the sister is tragic as she fades in the embrace of her twin brothers, and one is compelled to learn more and perhaps it can be ascertained that her secret that died with her with the power of the Silverthorn that can bring life, perhaps her own. The lyrics in such songs as 'Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)' or 'Falling Like The Fahrenheit' are indecipherable within the story but therein lies a mystery to be unravelled.

The music itself races along with the likes of furious power riffs such as on 'Solitaire', and then settles into bells chiming, and preternatural sounds on 'Part III The Journey'. The essence of the music is encapsulated within the beautiful arrangements, the crystalline vocals are mesmirising emanating from the incredible Tommy Karevik. The metal is left to the accomplished guitar execution of Thomas Youngblood, who is well backed by a rhythm machine from Sean Tibbetts' bass and Casey Grillo's drums. The symphonic textures are courteous of the sweeping keyboard finesse of Oliver Palotai. It is not a heavy album by any stretch of the imagination but has the kind of Nightwish sounds where metal meets Gothic with embellishments of keyboards. This is certainly the style that is becoming more popular with the teenage obsession with Gothic culture, especially as a soundtrack to 'Twilight', or 'True Blood'; listen to Continuum at the end of the album and you will hear the Gothic references. It has angelic choral voice intonations, soul stirring violins, and a crescendo of sweeping strings that flow organically to the end of the album.

One glance at the Kamelot backlogue of albums is enough to cement their reputation as lovers of the fantasy realm and the surreal on a very dark level, usually adorned by witch like beings of dark beauty that glare out menacingly or curl up into the shadows with their serpentine bodies preparing to pounce, in a background of castle gates and birds flapping around them in the glow of the moonlight. There is a market for this enigmatic imagery and music for all the reasons outlined, though I am not personally as taken with the Gothic metal meets symphonic genre as some will be. The album races by quickly and I had to focus to work out where one song ends and another begins. However, I can appreciate that the music is well performed, the vocals are top notch and it will appeal to the Kamelot fanbase. 'Silverthorn' is no masterpiece but a decent quality album with some haunting atmospherics and a sense of grandeur with sumptuous musicianship and just the right amount of metal thrown into the cauldron.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#849199) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 02, 2012

Review by Gatot
5 stars Please do NOT trust my rating 'coz it's too personal. Kamelot is a BIG thing to me - JRENG!

I don't think people are quite interested with this band as this might not be considered as prog band and it tends to be a metal band with bit of prog elements (not that much, actually). This band introduced me to my love to power metal music when I first listened to Kamelot "Karma" album sometime in early 2000s - I do not remember exactly when. I was so amazed with how neatly-composed orchestration of classical music "Regalis Apertura" opens the album that flows beautifully into a melodic power metal track "Forever". Oh man ... since then I pledged myself as a great fan of Kamelot even though I only had "Karma" album. Later I got the "Fourth Legacy" that also blew my mind at first spin, followed with "Epica" album. Having got three great albums I was so convinced that this is THE band for me as the music is really me. Why? All of Kamelot albums are melodic in nature with many memorable segments in their compositions. For example, "Karma" was to me like when I got hooked with Marillion's debut "Script for a Jester's Tear" - I always spun the CD barely everyday and in any typical days I spun the album more that one time in its entirety. I was really falling in love with Kamelot like I did with Marillion in 1983.

As some of you might have noticed from my previous reviews that I am a great fan of Fish- era Marillion and gave full five-star rating for each of their early four albums as the music is melodic and well-composed. The next question is how does it make sense for someone who loved symphonic prog music like Marillion, Genesis, Yes turned his mind into a power metal one? The answer is simple: the memorable melody and tight composition that really made me hooked to the music. Somehow, I love the combination of memorable melody and upbeat tempo like "Forgotten Sons" (Marillion) and "Forever" (Kamelot). Musically both are different in genre but .hey my friends .... music is emotion. Both songs really stir my utmost emotion and they elevate my motivation. And I do not exaggerate this. Music, especially prog rock has been around my life since I was 14-year boy in a small city, Madiun, east Java, Indonesia.

Let's focus on Kamelot - let's talk about this masterpiece work (my view) ...

Since Karma, Kamelot has never released mediocre albums. They always released excellent to masterpiece albums as far as my taste concerns. I was almost disappointed with "Poetry for The Poisoned" album at first listen. But it grew steadily on me even though it did not reach what so called "masterpiece" album for me. But the album is prog and is excellent one that I would not put aside from Kamelot music history as the album was an important milestone for the band. People might say the band is mediocre as the are (the members of the band) not individually skilled musician - sorry to say. Or put it in a right perspective: they might be a skilled and technically competent musicians with their music instruments; only that they do not make a show of force on their technical competency. But ... the most important thing is that they are great composers as their albums have always been excellent to masterpiece quality.In business and management world we can say that the great companies are those who can produce extraordinary results through ordinary people. In the case of Kamelot actually I can see Youngblood , Palotai and Paeth are great composers even though their individual skills with their instruments are not dominating the overall musical scene they make.

As Wiki says "Silverthorn is the tenth studio album from metal band Kamelot. The album was released on the Steamhammer label, a subdivision of SPV on October 26, 2012 in Germany, three days later in the rest of Europe and one day after that in North America. It is the first album to feature Tommy Karevik as the lead singer. It will also be their third concept album.The story is original, about a little girl in the 19th century named Jolee who dies in a tragic accident, witnessed by her twin brothers. It deals with an affluent family that handles tragic events leading to coverups, secrets, and betrayal. The cover is Jolee, the main character and angel of afterlife, as an adult". It's clear that Kamelot is now having a new singer replacing Roy Khan whom has left the band according an interview with Kamelot sometime in August 2012. But I don't think this has changed the music style of Kamelot as this album is pretty similar with previous albums.

Manus Dei (2:12) opens the album wonderfully with really amazing piano touch of Palotai supported with great orchestral work. Pattern-wise it's typical in any Kamelot album like The Fourth Legacy where it starts beautifully with orchestra music that sets the stage for the next high-energy music. This opening orchestral arrangement reminds me to Regalis Apertura or The New Allegiance of previous albums. As a stand-alone track, this short orchestra is very inspiring as at it creates colossal nuances and I always play this LOUD or using Senheiser headset to get subtleties of the music. It ends with excellent transition piece that connects to next wonderful track Sacrimony.

Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife) (4:39). I do really enjoy this track. Having heard that the vocal department would be replaced by new guy I did not expect much because the vocal quality of Roy Khan really matched with Kamelot music. But as the single version was out already, I was amazed (overall) with the fact that this one is musically really excellent and I enjoy this track from start to end. Come to think of similarity, I can only reckon that this track is in the same vein of "The Fourth Legacy" or "Forever" from their previous work. The good news is that the new singer - despite it's not someone I had been familiar with - proves that he does not let down Kamelot's fans base. Oh man, this track is really beautifully composed and I do enjoy it very much. I like the upbeat tempo and the orchestral arrangements at the back as sometimes are represented by Palotai's keyboard work. "Sing for me angel of afterlife calming me down / Chaos inside my nebula / And make the wrong turn to right in a celestial light / Forgive my sacrimony" followed beautifully with interlude that starts with vocal mumbling and great yet simple keyboard solo and guitar solo.

Ashes To Ashes (3:58) sounds at first like a straight forward power metal vein. But when I look into details it has great transition pieces. One thing I notice is that the drumming style of Casey Grillo which really characterizes the music of Kamelot. His drumming work is really solid and powerful. There is a very nice shot at minute 2:20 until 2:35 which has great riffs and break that brings later to the excellent interlude with keyboard solo followed with guitar solo. Both musicians Palotai and Youngblood seem to agree that their musical instruments were both mixed thinly so that when the solo appear in the music they do not dominate. I think, this is a great approach frm them. They don't want to show force on their music instrument skills.

Torn (3:51) sounds similar in structure with Ashes to Ashes but this time the keyboard orchestration is flavored with middle east melodies. As the music enters the interlude part, the meddle east melody appears clearly through the music produced by keyboard followed with guitar solo, mixed thinly. "A call to rebel to the vision still stand Like a shadow" .....

Song For Jolee (4:33) is a mellow and melodic song that initially starts beautifully with piano and orchestra that back up the vocal line. For some reason, I really love this track, emotionally. At approx minute 3:20 the drums enter the music backed wonderfully with excellent orchestra. This track really blew me in many ways. In local term it's mbrebes mili (tears in my eyes) enjoying this track. First, I like the vocal clarity of new singer Tommy Karevik especially his deep rooted understanding and delivery of the song. Second, I like there are many curved notes as the melody goes with the music - it does not sound like a straight forward melody. Third, this song has brought me back or in in some ways remind me to the story when Prophet Mohammed was in a very sad situation after her wife (Khatidjah) and his uncle who always defended and supported him passed away. The story was very well known for moslems around the globe with the event called as Isra' Miraj - i.e. the occasion where the Prophet transcended a travel horizontally from Mecca to Baitul Maqdis mosque and vertically as it's clearly stated in the Koran. Some lyrical verses might match with the sad situation he was facing: "I'm sorry but I can't stop the bleeding. Crying and it's all because of you." ...oh what a wonderful one!

Veritas (4:34) starts beautifully with soft piano work backed with violin followed with riffed-music typical of Kamelot in medium tempo. The vocal then enters the music nicely. Composition-wise this one is quite straight-forward. The strong point is on the background music which I believe because the touches from Miro and Sacha Paeth who are the masters in orchestration of many power metal bands. The break of this song features female vocal by Elize Ryd. It's a very nice track.

My Confession (4:33) starts with a musical riff produced by keyboard followed with symphonic style music and followed with vocal work. The music flows in medium tempo with memorable keyboard work combined with piano touches and guitar that represents like rhythm section during vocal work. The interlude is nice, it starts with music riffs using bass guitar, guitar and keyboard. After that the keyboard solo. Silverthorn (4:51) opens beautifully with a combined work of piano and background orchestra. It's a great introduction before the music enters into medium tempo riffs that feature vocal line. The riff is memorable in nature as it's simple and enjoyable.At first spin I thought I would get bored with this track. But then I realized that Kamelot is smart as the music then turns into mellow one with the succeeding track below:

Falling Like The Fahrenheit (5:06) is a melancholic composition with excellent orchestration while maintaining the basic power metal music style through soft riffs. Like "Song for Jolee", this one reminds me to "Don't You Cry" of Karma album. I think most people would love this melodic song with mellow style. "Give me the secrets that you keep. I'll save them for no one else to see".....

Solitaire (4:56) is a typical Kamelot power metal style with strong melody and heavy riffs dominated by bass guitar and drum work. Youngblood performs his stunning guitar work in a thicker sound compared to previous tracks where he played solo.It's good to have this song near the end of the album. Some segments sound very similar with "Forever" from Karma album.

Prodigal Son is actually a short epic with approximately 9 minute duration, comprises three parts. It starts with an ambient organ work that features people mumbling sounds. Tommy Kaverik vocal then enters the music in slow style followed with choirs. At the end of vocal verse Youngblood gives his stunning guitar solo, mixed thinly, backed wonderfully with an orchestration. It ends up with much more dynamic arrangement where guitar still plays important role. The song moves its tempo from slow into the fast one nicely. It finally ends with great and powerful Grillo drumming.

Continuum (4:17) serves like an ending chapter for the story with orchestra music plus keyboard that feature the choirs, closed with nice piano touch by Palotai. But it's not the end as there is violin work at the very end of the album after several seconds quiet.

You might discount my rating

What I have just explored is actually what I consider a wonderful music that really matches my taste - that's why I can write a novel-long view abut this album. You do not have to trust my rating as I said that Kamelot is a BIG thing to me. It's a very personal and very subjective view of this album. The thing is that I have no option to downgrade this high-impact musical composition as their albums have already made me hooked to their music. I really love how the heavy riffs that comprise the combined work of bass guitar, low register notes electrical guitar and jaw-dropping drums backed nicely with excellent orchestration. I am really hoping, in fact, that Kamelot will do South East Asia tour and make a concert right here in Jakarta, Indonesia. Many great bands already perforned here including Yes, Dream Theater, Helloween, DragonForce, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple etc. If Kamelot plays in Indonesia, I will definitely see them on stage. Yeah!

The reason I give five star for this album is mostly due to its wonderful composition where they can create a nice combination of melody, change of styles and tempo as well harmonies among musical instruments and vocals. For those of you who are newbie to Kamelot, I am sure you would give a minimum of four star rating - at least on some tracks. Keep on proggin' ...!

(Uhm ....so long review with 2,225 words!)

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#859673) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review by Warthur
3 stars Silverthorn is a business-as-usual release from Kamelot which I'm sure will please fans of their mildly symphonic flavour of power metal but doesn't quite hit the point where it's going to win you over to their style if you're not a fan of their earlier work. The album has a rather busy production style - there tends to be a lot going on at any particular point in the album, to the point where the instruments and the choir and the synthesisers and the orchestrations all get piled on top of each other in a way which, to me, just comes across as kind of messy. This tends to obscure the finer qualities of the album, in my experience, though Kamelot faithful may find they have more patience with it.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#862070) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 19, 2012

5 stars I have to review this subjectively because KAMELOT is one of my favorite bands. I strongly believe that "Silverthorn" is one of their better albums, which is especially interesting given Roy Khan's departure from the band. Tommy Karevik has done a wonderful job of filling Khan's shoes. His melodies ... (read more)

Report this review (#981340) | Posted by SevDawg | Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Kamelot are one of those symphonic power metal bands that loads of people seem to enjoy as they have rather progressive song writing and skip the overloaded elements and stereotypically charged joyful topics many of their European colleagues are focusing on. After the criticized predecessor "Poetr ... (read more)

Report this review (#896729) | Posted by kluseba | Sunday, January 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Kamelot began in 1991 in Tampa, FL. During the history that followed, they have had a few lineup changes, but through it all have carved out a special niche in the metal world and gained a steady following of fans. Their strongest trait may be that their style is not easily grouped with just one ... (read more)

Report this review (#837032) | Posted by dtguitarfan | Friday, October 12, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAMELOT "Silverthorn"