MADNESS

Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Madness (4:39)

Search MUSE Madness lyrics

Search MUSE Madness tabs

2nd single from Muse's 6th studio album "The 2nd Law". Released on the Helium 3 on 20th August 2012.

Thanks to Kulitta for the addition

MUSE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MUSE Madness Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The 2nd LawThe 2nd Law
Warner Bros. 2012
The ResistanceThe Resistance
Warner Bros. 2009
Live At Rome Olympic Stadium (Blu-Ray/CD)Live At Rome Olympic Stadium (Blu-Ray/CD)
Warner Bros. 2013
Origin of SymmetryOrigin of Symmetry
Maverick 2005
ShowbizShowbiz
Maverick 1999
Hullaballo Soundtrack (Bonus CD)Hullaballo Soundtrack (Bonus CD)
WARNER BROS UK 2007
H.A.A.R.P.: Live from Wembley (Region 2 DVD)H.A.A.R.P.: Live from Wembley (Region 2 DVD)
Warner Bros. 2008
RICHIE COLE Alto Madness 1977 Japan Limited Mini LP CD 1998 w/OBI Rare oop MUSE USD $70.20 Buy It Now 1 day
RICHIE COLE Alto Madness MUSE Records Jazz 1978 with Eddie Jefferson Van Gelder USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
RICHIE COLE Hollywood Madness MUSE Shrink NM/NM- USD $11.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Richie Cole . Alto Madness . 1978 . VG+ . Muse MR 5155 . 12" LP Vinyl . Jazz USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Symphony Of British Music (Olympics) (2CD) NEW Take That Ed Sheeran Madness Muse USD $9.32 Buy It Now 8 days
RICHIE COLE Alto Madness MUSE RECORDS Sealed Vinyl LP USD $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Richie Cole "Alto Madness" 1978 Nice NM-!, on Muse, Van Gelder, RVG USD $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
BRUNO MARS Madness MUSE GARY CLARK JR +OA VERANO ANGLO 2013 ARG CD+DVD free ship USD $76.25 Buy It Now 13 days
Richie Cole,CD,Alto Madness,Made in Japan,Muse Records USD $16.99 Buy It Now 14 days
MUSE Madness LIMITED CD QUALITY MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+FAST GLOBAL SHIP+2nd LAW USD $77.73 Buy It Now 15 days
MUSE PANIC STATION HONG KONG PROMO CD SINGLE THE 2ND LAW,MADNESS,FOLLOW ME RARE USD $199.99 Buy It Now 16 days
RICHIE COLE Hollywood Madness Manufactured By MPO France Muse CD Tom Waits Rare USD $44.97 Buy It Now 18 days
MUSE MADNESS POP RADIO EDIT VARIOUS ARTISTS PROMO CD EXCELLENT CONDITION! RARE! USD $46.67 Buy It Now 18 days
RICHIE COLE - Hollywood Madness ~ MUSE 5207 {nm orig} *1979* w/Tom Waits - RARE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19 days
RICHIE COLE - Alto Madness ~ MUSE 5155 {nm orig} *1977* *RVG* w/Mabern - RARE USD $29.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Richie Cole - Hollywood Madness W/ Eddie Jefferson (Muse) Lp USD $16.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Richie Cole - Alto Madness W/ Eddie Jefferson (Rvg) (Muse) Lp USD $23.50 Buy It Now 20 days
DMC DJ Promo 132 UK Promo 2 x Cd Rihanna Lady Gaga Tiesto JLS Muse Madness Glee USD $7.77 Buy It Now 23 days
New York Afternoon - Richie Cole - Alto Madness 1977 Muse Records FAST SHIPPING! USD $14.95 Buy It Now 23 days
RICHIE COLE WITH EDDIE JEFFERSON ** Hollywood Madness ** Muse LP USD $15.55 Buy It Now 24 days
RICHIE COLE Alto Madness Muse NM Eddie Gladden Vic Juris LAST TANGO IN PARIS USD $14.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Hollywood Madness by Richie (Sax) Cole (CD, Jan-1992, Muse (USA)) Made in France USD $24.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Richie Cole - Alto Madness Cassette 1978 Muse Records Jazz USD $23.00 Buy It Now 28 days
RICHIE COLE ALTO MADNESS 1978 Muse Vinyl LP Ex USD $11.03 Buy It Now 28 days
RICHIE COLE - Hollywood Madness 1980 Japan Mini LP CD MUSE rare Limited SRCS9420 USD $68.00 Buy It Now 29 days
MADNESS - ROYAL ALBERT HALL PROGRAMME 2008 - PAUL WELLER, MUSE, FRATELLIS USD $9.32 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MUSE music online Buy MUSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MUSE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MUSE Madness ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(4%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(4%)

MUSE Madness reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
1 stars 'Madness' - Muse (Single)

It's buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-bad-bad-bad.

When I first heard "Unsustainable"- the first track dropped from this new Muse album- I was shocked. Not because I had finally stumbled upon the progressive-black-jazz-neofolk-metal record I had been searching for my entire life, but because a progressive rock band that had once been decent some short years ago was now a poster child for mainstream, corporate garbage of the unforgivable variety. Luckily, the first true single for this album, "Madness", is not quite as bad as my first impression with "The 2nd Law". Unfortunately, most of the things that go right with "Madness" are thanks to Muse's shameless plagiarism of the almighty Queen. I could call this listenable, but if this is the best thing that this Muse album has to offer, then I shall schedule post-traumatic stress therapy in advance.

Queen's "I Want to Break Free" was a decent song- not one of their best, but pretty good. It had a cheesy-yet-endearing 80's beat, great vocals from Mercury, and a generally catchy feel that makes it memorable, even though I haven't heard the song in some time. It feels like no coincidence, then, that "I Want to Break Free" is the first thing that pops into my head when hearing "Madness". I will refrain from attributing this revelation to handy detective work- Muse have virtually ripped off everything that was decent about the original song, and infused it into their mainstream, now slightly dubstep-influenced sound. The chord progression, the melodies, and even the shape of the guitar solo towards the end point out Muse as hacks. Queen has always been an influence on Muse, but- intentional or accidental- it's pretty lame that they would have gone this far with it.

Like I said, "Madness" is listenable, but I suspect that it is so largely because of the plagiarism. The last minute begins to hint at some interesting vocal arrangements, but for my money, this is a fairly sappy pop tune. Even so, I still get the haunting feeling that I'll be calling this one of the album's highlights when the fateful time comes.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#808948) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2012

3 stars It indeed sounds like "I Want to Break Free" with dubstep in background ! I predict that the fans of old prog metal Muse will have mixed feeling about this song just like Queen's 70's fans disliked Queen's early 80's output, but i personally, don't care.. I never had problems with Queen (or a ... (read more)

Report this review (#809715) | Posted by nuncjusz | Friday, August 24, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Going to give this one another (more) positive review, because it's not actually that bad. Muse are my second favourite band of all time, and my favourite listed on the archives. The Resistance was a completely stunning album. In every way. But half way through that album, they decided to stop be ... (read more)

Report this review (#808433) | Posted by Gallifrey | Tuesday, August 21, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MUSE "Madness"