O ARQUITETO

Quaterna Requiem (Wiermann & Vogel)

Quaterna Requiem (Wiermann & Vogel) O Arquiteto album cover

Buy QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Preludium (11:05)
2. Mosaicos (4:31)
3. Fantasia Urbana (11:51)
4. Suite O Arquiteto...
I - Bramante (4:49) Interludio Pedra (2:21)
II - Mansart (3:31) Interludio Vidro (1:40)
III - Frank Lloyd (7:34) Interludio Madeira (2:42)
IV - Gaudi (13:25) - Interludio Concreto (0:42)
V - Niemeyer (5:35)
VI - Desconstru?ao (3:12)
VII - Postludium (4:35)

- Kleber Vogel / violin
- Roberto Crivano / guitars
- Jorge Matias / bass

Label: Self-Released

Thanks to proglucky for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) O Arquiteto Music

More places to buy QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) music online Buy QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) O Arquiteto ratings distribution

QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) O Arquiteto reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Well, I'm a brazilian, and even if I'm not living on the country anymore I always pay attention on the music released by brazilian bands. Specially Progressive Rock bands and artists.

QUATERNA RÉQUIEM is a long love, I'm not a biggest fan, but they always released high quality material in the Symphonic Prog vein and it's been a long time since their previous studio album, the great and epic Quasímodo (1994).

I've heard about this new album, O Arquiteto (2012), more than a years ago, was a really slow birth to the band, but here it is, a conceptual album that deals, like the name says, with the Architects and their works.

As one would expect from the band, Symphonic Prog is all the way through with pianos, violinos and keyboards, and we can notice on the first track 'Preludium' and also on the second 'Mosaicos' with its piano, acoustic classical guitar by Roberto Crivano and keyboards layers.

From time to time I must confess that I felt that the sounds are a bit cheese here and there, sometimes they do bother my audition of the album, like in the case of some keyboards and specially in the bass tone, too low sometimes and sometimes sounds too much 'amateur'. But in the cases of the violins they're terrific, Kleber Vogel does an amazing job on O Arquiteto (2012) and also the Claudio Dantas drums are very good, usually every drum sound bothers me in new albums, they're actually good here. And of course, the work in the keys by Elisa Wiermann is always welcome since she is a kind of soul to the band's overall sound.

But, instrumental albums in general bothers me after 30 minutes or so, even the best ones, no exception here, specially that the album has over 67 minutes, too much for me. By the time at the 8th track, the third part of the Suite 'O Arquiteto', 'Frank Lloyd', I was a bit bored. It's beautiful, but I guess it's not every second of the album for me.

And yeah, at the 10th track I was waiting for the end of the album, with the cheese keyboard intro, and this isn't good in any audition of a new album.

At the end I wanted to really love this album, but I just can't, this is a solid 3.5 stars and nothing more than that. I will for sure give it some more spins, but I really can't say that O Arquiteto is their best album.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#858947) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012

5 stars After 18 years waiting for a Studio album (as told by the band itself, Wiermann & Vogel is not so much a Quaterna Requiem album) it was a pleasant surprise to notice that "O Arquiteto" has seen the light of day. It was an old project and some people can see that a few tracks were part of their DVD f ... (read more)

Report this review (#817344) | Posted by cob | Sunday, September 09, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUATERNA REQUIEM (WIERMANN & VOGEL) "O Arquiteto"