NETTAI-URIN

- Shin / bass, voices
- Tetsu / drums, voices
- Kohchimin / guitar
- Kobiki / percussion

CD Peng Trade 634479770142 (1998)

Thanks to damoxt7942 for the addition

JUNGLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JUNGLE Nettai-urin Music

Nettai UrinNettai Urin
CD Baby 2008
LP jungle ~ USD $17.98

More places to buy JUNGLE music online Buy JUNGLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JUNGLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JUNGLE Nettai-urin ratings distribution

JUNGLE Nettai-urin reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars This one-shot Japanese band is very hard to classify. They are sometimes noisy, sometimes jazzy sometimes everything else even inside the same song.

The album has no track titles and I can't understand any single word if the lyrics so I'll write about the music only.

Track 1. - My first impression with the winds and the Japanese voice was a remind to the Geinoh Yamashirogumi ensemble, but it's just for one minute. After this minute we have a noisy but hypnotic metal guitar and a "Uh!" repeated as a mantra, then cries and screams on what could be called a death metal base. And it's only a two minutes track.

Track 2 - A distorted rock guitar backed by bongos....the first that come to mind are Amon Duul. The lyrics appear to be in English, maybe. A noisy freak track full of Krautrock even in the most noisy part when the drums and the distorted guitar make it VERY noisy.

Track 3 - System Of A Down for the initial seconds then Black Sabbath with weird vocals instead of Ozzy, then noise again but on a hard-rock base. I read on Damo's review that the album has been recorded live. Effectively the improvisation is what gives the Krautrock mood to something that's essentially metal. Three tracks and I have said "noisy" "kraut" "metal" and "hard rock". That's why I say the band is hard to be classified, also at minute 5 of this track there's a hint of blues-rock, too.

Track 4 - An acoustic percussion start on which a heavily distorted bass (I think there's also a bit of chorus) adds the electrics. Then clean guitar and drums....this is psychedelia. This track reminds me of Hawkwind or a heavier version of Barrett. Seven minutes of madness for the first real highlight on which the speech is an essential component. Being this a less noisy track, it's easier to appreciate the technical skill of the individuals.

Track 5 - A jazzy theme "disturbed" by a very distorted bass. Progressing it becomes more psychedelic with the speech which reminds to Jimi Hendrix. I would have liked it more without the noise produced by the bass. Knowing that this album has been recorded in one shot it could also be a production mistake. A pity because this kind of acid blues is very good. The psychedelic mood increases until the noisy final.

Track 6 - Percussion and laughs. People got drunk in a jungle? Then glasses, somebody [&*!#]ting while reading a newspaper? It's not Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, more similar to "Several Species..." from Ummagumma. It's hypnotic and let's say that the percussionist's skill is remarkable. Another track which comes to mind is "Our Song" from Waters and Geesin's "The Body". Also in this case the percussionist makes some noise by hitting his body with his hands. Ron Geesin is the best reference for this track, I think.

Track 7 - Very noisy. The first impression is of a death metal thing, but the singing is again reminding of out-of-head Amon Duul and the guitar sometimes plays a rock-blues in Hendrix style. I'm sure that the band has had a lot of fun recording this track.

Track 8 - Total noise. This track makes me think to Acid Mothers Temple. Listening carefully the rock-blues influence appears between the noise also in this track, and it's so good that's quite a pity that it's so hidden by the noise.

Track 9 - Is a 13 minutes percussion solo. A good one if you like the genre. Whoever likes the Palmer's solo on "Tank" or the New Trolls improvisations on the B side of Concerto Grosso wouldn't have problems with it.

Very enjoyable.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#814699) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 03, 2012

4 stars A Japanese rock bizarre JUNGLE were founded as an eclectic hardcore unit in mid 1990s by SHIN (bass, voices), TETSU (drums, voices), and KOHCHIMIN (guitar). Always veiled fanatic obscurity and innovative intention, they had gigged many times but sadly a bit tough for everyone to understand their ... (read more)

Report this review (#811637) | Posted by DamoXt7942 | Tuesday, August 28, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JUNGLE "Nettai-urin"