LOVER'S END PT. III: SKELLEFTEĊ SERENADE

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy MOON SAFARI Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2012

1. Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade (24:21)

Search MOON SAFARI Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade lyrics

Search MOON SAFARI Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade tabs

- Simon Ċkesson / Keyboards and Vocals
- Petter Sandström / Acoustic guitar and Vocals
- Pontus Ċkesson / Electric guitar and Vocals
- Johan Westerlund / Bass guitar and Vocals
- Tobias Lundgren / Drums and Vocals
- Sebastian Ċkesson / Misc and Vocals

Thanks to slaughternalia for the addition

MOON SAFARI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MOON SAFARI Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Lover's EndLover's End
BlomljudBlomljud
The Gettysburg AddressThe Gettysburg Address
Himlabacken Vol. 1Himlabacken Vol. 1
BLOMLJUD 2013
Lover's End Pt. Iii: Skelleftea SerenadeLover's End Pt. Iii: Skelleftea Serenade
PROGROCK RECORDS 2013
A Doorway To SummerA Doorway To Summer
PROGROCK RECORDS 2012
Moon Safari - Doorway To Summer [Japan LTD SHM-CD] MICP-30037Moon Safari - Doorway To Summer [Japan LTD SHM-CD] MICP-30037
Victor Japan
Moon Safari - Blomljud (2CDS) [Japan LTD SHM-CD] MICP-30038Moon Safari - Blomljud (2CDS) [Japan LTD SHM-CD] MICP-30038
Victor Japan
Moon Safari - Himurabakken Vol.1 [Japan CD] MICP-11110Moon Safari - Himurabakken Vol.1 [Japan CD] MICP-11110
Marquee Japan
Blomljud by Moon Safari (2012) Audio CDBlomljud by Moon Safari (2012) Audio CD
PROGROCK RECORDS

More places to buy MOON SAFARI music online Buy MOON SAFARI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MOON SAFARI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MOON SAFARI Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade ratings distribution

MOON SAFARI Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover and E&O Teams
5 stars So the Moon Safari did it again. From their first album "A Doorway to Summer" in 2005, which is good (but not the best) to their big success called "Blomljud" in 2008, to their 2010 equally (a tiny wee bit less likeable than previous album) great album "Lover's End" and through their first official live album "The Gettysburg Address". There I was quite worried about how their gonna pull it out. After all, their music is all about reaching perfection, seamless vocal harmonies, which I suppose is done by very careful studio recording, which takes a lot of time. It has to, otherwise it wouldn't sound perfect. But live album is, well, live. They've got only one try to make it right. It went on fine fortunately. So though their latest album "Himlabacken Vol.1" is a bit step down for me (but step down from perfection to still really good album - like from TLLDoB to "A Trick of the Tail").

The introductions are over, then where it leaves this album ? I'd rather think of this as a full album. Take for example 70s albums - you could find one sided "epic" track and the other side filled with 4-7 smaller tracks. This is is, sans the smaller tracks. And I always prefered the epics more anyway.

It's all there: beautiful / yet sad lyrics complex / yet melodic music long song / yet it doesn't feel boring non-native speakers / yet having good accents (AFAIK) another delivery of theirs / yet doesn't feel like "they've done this already".

Though there is at least one part which I think is a borrowing from their previous work. But it has different lyrics, somehow changed structure or something like that, besides it's just one part.

What remains the same is (let's face it) pessimistic lyrics, forlorn hope to the love that could have been, but didn't work out. Each of us knows this, it strikes us directly into our souls I dare to say. Yet, although so sad, it doesn't feel depressive. The same with "A Kid Called Panic", which frankly I find quite similar lyrically.

Also, if someone tries to tell me that he remains unmoved by the part starting at 14:42 and ending somewhere at 18:02, then there's a message for you man - "You've got no heart". That part is morphing into another part in the Skellefteċ story.

5 stars, can't really go lower. I can listen this album repeatedly, like to returning to it, it has all the good elements mentioned above.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#1044611) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars It must have been tough for Moon Safari to restrain themselves from including Skellefteċ Serenade on their third album, Lover's End, but I definitely support this decision since it made the album more consistent while giving the band a chance of releasing their first EP!

Unlike the two previous parts of Lover's End that are featured on the 2010 studio album, this third part is a sightly different beast that sounds more at home on the band's first two albums than on their slightly more assessable releases like Lover's End or Himlabacken Vol.1. Having said that, I just don't feel that the work here has the same high quality as those older releases. The composition feels much more polished and calculated than some of their rawer longer tracks from the pre-Lover's End era.

I remember seeing Moon Safari performing this composition during their 2012 tour where they labeled it simply as Lover's End Pt. III. To be completely honest, I wasn't all that into the band and their music at that point and actually considered this 20+ minute performance to be the concert's biggest letdown. This feeling has unfortunately rubbed itself off since I still don't consider it anywhere near any of their other highlights. The composition is really slow with each section feeling very dragged out for the sake of it. Normally, this is a good thing since it gives the listener time to acquaintance oneself with the music but there are just no enough memorable/distinguishable moments to push this composition alone during it's lengthy duration.

So far I've heard this composition eight times, two of which have been in a live setting, and I'm honestly still not convinced that it's as good as everyone seems to think that it is. Yes, it definitely has some great moments; My personal favorite comes at the solo section right around the 20 minute mark. But those moments can be summarized on one hand and the total composition time is not really as good as the sum of those blissful moments.

If you a big fan of Moon Safari then you've probably already heard this track quite a few times. Anyone who is unfamiliar with the band should probably begin by exploring either [Blomljud] or Lover's End since those two albums give a much broader perspective on the band's work. If you really like what you've heard on Lover's End then this EP and/or Himlabacken Vol.1 should be your next step in uncovering the music of Moon Safari. Please note that I by no means want to be disrespectful to all the fans of Skellefteċ Serenade. If you enjoy this work then I'm really glad for you and it's unfortunate that I couldn't get the same level of enjoyment out of this composition.

*** star songs: Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#1115010) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014

5 stars "Lover's End Part III - Skellefteċ Serenade" is probably Moon Safari's finest recorded moment to date. That is no mean achievement as the band have already laid to disc many memorable epics. This song brings together all the best aspects of the band's output in one stunning 24 minute masterp ... (read more)

Report this review (#1066986) | Posted by Nrwhmr | Saturday, October 26, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I'm swept away by a river of sparkling, cheese-filled childhood nostalgia with this epic from Moon Safari. Yes, I said it, sparkling, cheesy nostalgia. If you don't feel like a love struck little girl after listening to this track, you're in denial. This ability is this band's greatest strength, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1066301) | Posted by Kallisto | Friday, October 25, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Progressive Rock complacent? Yes, and magnificent. Maintains constant intensity, changes are never abrupt and with good development in ideas. The vocalizations and harmonies, as always, are poignant. The lyrics are lovely sadness. Paradoxically convey happiness. Sunny, bright, harmless. Excell ... (read more)

Report this review (#1041108) | Posted by sinslice | Saturday, September 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This song is 24+ minutes of enjoyable time. So if you hate traffic, are waiting in the doctors office, bored stiff at work, etc... listen here... I have been listening to this song on a practically daily basis since its been released. It has such a remarkable magic quality to it that from start to f ... (read more)

Report this review (#1005375) | Posted by videator | Thursday, July 25, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There's not much to say about this song. It has amazing melodies and arrangements. The vocal harmonies are charming as ever. This is probably Moon Safari's best product, everything was perfected here. The Moon Safari sound is at it's finest. The best parts from The parts I & II of Lover's End ap ... (read more)

Report this review (#899291) | Posted by itaymm | Friday, January 25, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Skelleftea Serenade probably should have been the song that would have made Lover's End a double cd...it would have made sense. However, I've come to the conclusion that they did the right thing in making us wait for it. 2 years after the release of Lover's End, we are brought back to revisit Mar ... (read more)

Report this review (#835609) | Posted by oddworld | Tuesday, October 09, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars And, continuing in my clearly established vein of poorly written reviews: This band and song might not be to everyone's taste; but I think that this is really an exceptional release. - This song just flows beautifully; there does not seem to be anything forced about it at all. The arrangement is ... (read more)

Report this review (#821215) | Posted by Cylli Kat | Saturday, September 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Or is this as good as it gets? Well, I was contacted by a fellow Safarinaut to write a review about this magnificent EP, as I have given it a 5 star rating, but with no explanation why. I think mostly it was because of my horrible penmanship but I'll give it another whirl for my favorite epic. Yes, ... (read more)

Report this review (#818623) | Posted by Huseberry | Tuesday, September 11, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars How is it possible that Moon Safari can alter the perception of time? I was DELIGHTED, a few nights back, to see that "Lover's End 3" was out on the "Progstreaming" web site. From 11:00 p.m. till four in the morning I listened to it "8" times. I am blessed to own the world's finest headphon ... (read more)

Report this review (#817455) | Posted by dhsuhaka | Sunday, September 09, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Moon Safari really returned to their former glory on this one. That's not to say that Lover's End was a bad release, it just lacked the grandiosity of previous releases. Once again, they have combined the things I love best about summery pop music, cheesy ballads, and wonky prog rock. Their clean ... (read more)

Report this review (#816178) | Posted by Slaughternalia | Friday, September 07, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MOON SAFARI "Lover's End Pt. III: Skellefteċ Serenade"