LES FLEURS DU MAL

Therion Les Fleurs Du Mal album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy THERION Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Poupee De Cire, Poupee The Son (2:51)
2. Une Fleur Dans Le Coeur (3:03)
3. Initials B.B (3:44)
4. Mon Amour, Mon Ami (4:35)
5. Polichinelle (2:28)
6. La Maritza (3:54)
7. Soeur Angelique (3:05)
8. Dis Moi Poupee (3:24)
9. Lilith (2:30)
10. En Alabama (2:39)
11. Wahala Manitou (2:34)
12. Je N'al Besoin Que De Tendresse (2:14)
13. La Licorne D'or (2:45)
14. J'al Le Mal De Toi (2:51)
15. Poupee De Cire, Poupee The Son (2:31)
16. Les Sucettes (Bonus Track) (2:40)

Search THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal lyrics

Search THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal tabs

- Christofer Johnsson / guitars
- Thomas Vikström / vocals, flute
- Lori Lewis / vocals
- Christian Vidal / guitars
- Nalle Påhlsson / bass
- Johan Koleberg / drums

CD End of the Light EOL022 (2012)

Thanks to notaproghead for the addition

THERION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal Music

Nuclear Blast Americ 2004
Sitra AhraSitra Ahra
Nuclear Blast Americ 2010
TO MEGA THERION - BLOOD RITUALS NEW CD US $16.16 Buy It Now 10h 10m
WARZONE METAL INVADER CD Therion Bal Sagoth Ataraxia Melechesh Autumn Tears US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
THERION: BEST ??? ? ??? BRAND NEW ?????? CD ????? US $11.50 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Lot of 11 Therion cd's in Very Good Condition! SWEDISH SYMPHONIC HEAVY METAL! US $30.00 [1 bids]
Therion : Aarab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming CD (2002) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Sitra Ahra - Therion US $12.30 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Therion Of Darkness... ORG 1991 Deaf Records rare CD VG/NM swedish death metal US $150.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Therion Live in Midgard double 2 cassette tape Bulgaria LNew US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Therion Beauty In Black Dismember Casket Garden Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - Ho drakon ho megas RARE RUSSIA CD 1996 SPURK ????? US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - GOTHIC KABBALAH [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] [727361178000] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.85 Buy It Now 1 day
CELTIC FROST - TO MEGA THERION [CELTIC FROST] [4006030032628] - NEW CD US $26.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Dio- Holy Diver CD, Neurosis, High On Fire, Behemoth, Deicide, Emperor, Therion US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Therion - Theli (NEW CD/DVD) US $19.07 Buy It Now 1 day
To Mega Therion [Remaster] by Celtic Frost (CD, May-2002, Noise (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - Ho Drakon Ho Megas CD 1993 US $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - Vovin EX! DIGI CD 1998 Nuclear Blast US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Therion / Lepaca Kliffoth JAPAN+1 w/Sticker OOP!!!!! T-A2 US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DARGAARD - RISE AND FALL CD 2004 Rare OOP Therion Abigor Ambient US $7.00 [0 bids]
MENTAL HOME Black Art - 1999 CD - lacrimosa my dying bride october tide therion US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Theli THERION CD LTD EDITION+ 3 BONUS ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION Lepaca Kliffoth +2 BONUS ( ltd DIJIPACK EDITION US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - Lemuria Sirius B - Deluxe Edition 2 CD Set US $7.99 [1 bids]
THERION in midgard 2 cd set ( amazing opera metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
cemetary - black vanity rare therion gates of ishtar black mark quorthon US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION Crowning Of Atlantis LIMITED DIGI 1999 Nuclear Blast Haggard Hollenthon US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - Ho Drakon Ho Megas CD 1993 Megarock Rec US $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Celtic Frost To Mega Therion USA Remaster CD new US $17.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAS Absolute Purity LP ´01 HAMMERHEART / Therion Dreams Of Sanity Hate Eternal US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Moonspell - wolfheart 2cd therion katatonia godgory tiamat the gathering US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SEMPITERNAL DEATHREIGN: THE SPOOKY GLOOM CD 89 1ST PRESS GOREFEST TIAMAT THERION US $26.00 [3 bids]
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum ORG 1st press Sororicide Wombbath Epitaph of darkness US $17.05 [3 bids]
THERION- Symphony cd Dimmu Borgir Entombed Epica Nightwish US $9.99 [0 bids]
TVANGESTE- Firestorm cd Therion Samael Haggard US $14.99 [0 bids]
A'Arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming, Therion, Good US $16.86 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION - SIRIUZ B US $4.99 [0 bids]
Crowning of Atlantis by Therion (Digipak, Jun-1999, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Therion Secret Of The Runes Cd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Therion Lepaca Kliffoth 1996 Valentine Sound Malaysia Cassette CS458 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION "TIME SHALL TELL" HOUSE OF KICKS REC.,SWEDEN ,FIRST PRESS,1990,ULTRA RAR US $250.00 [0 bids]
Demonoid - Riders of the Apocalypse CD THERION SOILWORK CHIMAIRA Ltd Slipcase US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION - VOVIN - NEW CD US $18.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (1998) - New - Compact Disc US $8.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion [CD New] US $10.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Deggial (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $19.50 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: Les Fleurs Du Mal - Therion - Sealed US $22.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Vovin (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Theli (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Crowning Of Atlantis (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Live In Midgard Vol. 2 (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Lepaca Kliffoth (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Live In Midgard Vol. 1 (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION BEYOND SANCTORUM MC 1992 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION 1996 - MADE IN RUSSIA US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CELTIC FROST - TO MEGA THERION NEW CD US $16.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming - '97 cd Haggard Hollenthon Metal US $4.99 [0 bids]
THERION the miskolc experience 2CD+DVD - JEWEL CASE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DARK TRANQUILLITY The gallery 95 ORG Osmose In Flames Naglfar Arch Enemy Therion US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
To Mega Therion - Celtic Frost 05759569 US $9.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion: Theli CD US $7.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion "A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming" +Operatic/Symphonic Metal+ US $9.31 [0 bids]
RARE OOP THERION DEGGIAL CD NUCLEAR BLAST 2000 RARE OOP LOOK US $14.99 [0 bids]
UKRAINE import THERION Sitra Ahra MOON rec. Ukrainian UKR CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION GOTHIC KABBALAH 2 CD DIGIPACK US $8.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION LEMURIA / SIRIUS B DELUXE EDITION 2 CD US $14.52 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION - OF DARKNESS, 2012 GERMAN 180G WHITE vinyl 2LP, 200 COPIES! SEALED! US $40.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA ( T-SHIRT) NOVEMBERS DOOM CATHEDRAL TIAMAT THERION KATATONIA ANTIMATTER US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
NIGHTWISH GIRLIE SHIRT TARJA WITHIN TEMPTATION LACUNA COIL EPICA THERION US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming by Therion (CD, 1997, Nuclear Blast) Death Metal US $23.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION "The Beauty In Black" ORG 1st NB press RARE OOP!!! US $24.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sirius B/Lemuria by Therion (CD, May-2004, 2 Discs, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
MNEMIC / THERION / SIRENIA / ECHOES OF ETERNITY [5 Track SAMPLER] (CD, 2006) US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MNEMIC/ THERION / SIRENIA /ECHOES OF ETERNITY- [5 Track SAMPLER] Collectors Item US $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION - GOTHIC KABBALAH NEW CD US $27.24 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION lemuria CD ( BRAND NEW SEALED) US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah [CD New] US $16.87 Buy It Now 3 days
To Mega Therion - Blood Rituals [CD New] US $11.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Sitra Ahra THERION brand new cd FREE SHIPPING US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Therion - Live In Midgard / TH 2 Cassette US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Therion Of Darkness Deaf Records Deaf 06 COMPLETE NM INSERT FREE SHIPPING US $89.95 [0 bids]
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah CD US $21.54 Buy It Now 4 days
ZILLO FESTIVAL SAMPLER '98 2CD Therion Xymox Dive NEW! US $16.49 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION - BEYOND SANCTORUM Poland Press Cassette BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $9.90 Buy It Now 4 days
DETERIOROT THE FAITHLESS XTREEM INCANTATION THERION IMMOLATION DECREPIT DEATH US $12.99 [0 bids]
THERION - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T20) US $16.51 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION -BEYOND SANCTOM + 5 bonus songs( remastered) cd US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION - SITRA AHRA NEW CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Therion - Les Fleurs du Mal CD 2012 digi End of the Light press symphonic metal US $15.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION SECRET OF THE RUNES CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Therion - Theli - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Therion - Crowning Of Atlantis - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
CADAVER ...In Pains CD +Demos pestilence morgoth therion cynic atheist demilich US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ULTRAMAYHEM - Jeremiad CD - For fans of THERION - New not sealed US $12.90 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION - SECRET OF THE RUNES - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION-BEYOND SANCTORUM amorphis,celtic frost 1992 ACTIVE RECORDS! ULTRA RARE! US $349.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION-SYMPHONY MASSES amorphis,celtic frost 1993 MEGAROCK RECORDS! ULTRA RARE! US $325.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION - THELI - NEW CD ALBUM US $13.26 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION - VOVIN - NEW CD ALBUM US $13.26 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION - GOTHIC KABBALAH- NEW CD ALBUM US $13.26 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy THERION music online Buy THERION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THERION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal ratings distribution

THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Les Fleurs Du Mal' - Therion (7/10)

There aren't too many bands out there that can say they have been around for a decade, let alone a quarter of a century. For those few that manage to hit the twenty five year mark, some sort of celebration is usually in order. Some might go on a world tour and appeal to their aging fanbase, while others may record an album or release a collection of shelved demo tracks for the diehard followers to eat up. Of course, Therion have never been known to follow in the footsteps of others. Although the operatic symphonic metal style is all-too common in current metal culture, Therion carved out their own niche, unshackling from their death metal roots and taking a more sophisticated and experimental approach to the symphonic style. With that in mind, it's no surprise that Therion didn't decide to celebrate things the regular way; instead, they went ahead and did an album of 1960's French pop song covers. It's sure to be a head scratcher at first, and while not every fan will get it, Therion's attention to finesse and detail makes this far more than the average covers album.

The beauty of "Les Fleurs Du Mal" lies in Therion's inate ability to take the core material and work it into their own style. By this point in their career, the band has a firm and matured grip on their sound, and a strong idea of where they want to go with it. The operatic soprano, symphonic arrangements and virtuosic neoclassical guitar work is all nothing new to Therion. The fact that Therion are able to so successfully translate these tunes to their own sound is impressive in its own right. Although most of the original songs already enjoyed the backing of a 'big band' style orchestra, many of them essentially remained pop songs, or love ballads. Especially with the peppier selections, the originals have the same head- nodding quality as alot of the Beatles' earliest stuff, with the major distinguishing factor being the female French-language vocals. When you prop the original and Therion's reimagining in comparison, it's effortless to see that they're the same song. Therion puts their own signature on the cover without losing the essence of the original. Instrumental motifs and vocal melodies are retained, transformed by the symphonic metal medium. Even on the originally orchestral-led songs (such as France Gall's "Poupée de cire, poupée de son"), Therion's symphonic element is amped up in complexity. Unless you have the prior knowledge that Therion are paying contribute to France's contemporary equivalent to the Flower Power movement, you may be more easily convinced that these are Therion originals, or at least renditions of classical operatic repertoire.

Although it's about as strange a match-up as I can imagine, Therion have managed to make this experiment work. Although this is a relatively straightforward covers album, Therion have given these tunes the same tender care and consideration they would give their own music. The songs are chosen well, and the rich phonetics of the French language translate well into Therion's music. The appropriately soaring operatic melodies of "Soer Angélique" and film-score quality of "Initials BB" were two of the most memorable moments on the album. The only song here that doesn't seem to fit is their rendition of "Je n'ai besoin que de tendresse", a Claire Dixon track that could have had the staying power of the rest of the album, were it not for the ridiculously over-the-top power metal cheese direction they chose to take it in. The musicianship and production are both excellent, although anyone who has laid ears on Therion's music before shouldn't find that surprising. In particular, operatic soprano Lori Lewis' vocals sound as bright and stellar as anything of the sort you will hear in metal. A covers album this may be, but Therion have given it their greatest effort, and it really shows.

Alot of disappointed fans have gone as far as to say "Les Fleurs Du Mal" is the band's biggest misstep, and a major letdown in the scope of an otherwise illustrious career. I would hope it was a granted that Therion wasn't trying to make a revolutionary masterpiece here. Instead, here is one of the most innovative symphonic metal bands taking a step back from the composition duties in order to stretch their arms and have a bit of fun while they're at it. It's futile to compare this to Therion's real albums. Although an album of new Therion originals may have been preferable, this is a really great way for the band to commemorate the twenty five year milestone. Maybe they'll do some symphonic metal covers for Tibetan throat singing or gamelan music for their fiftieth anniversary? I hope so!

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#888996) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 06, 2013

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Review originally written for www.therocktologist.com

I'll be terribly honest to you, this is the first Therion studio album I ever listened, I don't feel ashamed because metal-related music is not my specialty, though I believe I should have listened to some older ones before this newest one. I did know Therion, but only for some songs, not for an entire record, so this is my first true experience with the band, and sadly, not that positive. Probably my feelings have to do with my not-so-keen position regarding this genre, but believe me, when I listen to a metal album I always try the best to appreciate it and even enjoy it.

So 'Les Fleurs du Mal' is a 2012 release that features 16 songs in a 55-minute album, so as you guess the tracks are really short (2:30-3 minute average) and that was my problem, I could not fall in love with any single track, I tried and listen to them and I found nothing but repetitiveness and even boredom. I am sorry, because I know the band is big in the genre and I know purists will kill me, but I simply feel this is just an average album that could perfectly disappear and remain unnoticed.

The album begins with an explosive song, since the first seconds we can listen to a fast and powerful sound, featuring female-opera vocals and dark textures. 'Une Fleur dans le Coeur' is the second song, here the atmosphere changes with a softer tune at least for the first minute, later it becomes a bit darker and in the final minute more emotional. There are some songs like 'Polichinelle' that sounds even funny, I don't know, ridiculous to me, it sounds like Saint-Seiya soundtrack or something like that.

Some of the things I like is the use of instruments that produce a neo-classical sound, sometimes well fulfilled with some gothic schemes, an example of this is 'Soer Ang'lique'. In fact, I can say the band is really talented and colorful, I like how they use reminiscences of ancient times, elements that transport us to old eras, however, it is the music that in moments fails to create the desired enthusiasm on me.

This time I did not want to review song by song, it would be so tired (and tiring for the reader) so I let you my overall feelings in the above paragraphs. Sorry Therion fans, just not my cup of tea. Final grade 4 stars. However'

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#909567) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Review by Warthur
2 stars Therion get their Serge Gainsbourg on with this collection of generic metal-flavoured covers of classic French pop songs. It's an interesting experiment in exploring what metal can learn from this unexpected quarter, but all it makes me want to do is go listen to the originals rather than sit through these Therion-by-numbers adaptations of old material. I can sit through one or two of these at the time, but the schtick begins to wear thin after five minutes or so and perhaps Therion would have been better simply taking this style of songwriting and adding motifs reminiscent of the genre to original compositions of their own rather than adhering to the original tunes as strictly as they do here.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1174999) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5 stars Therion have always been a little bit different from regular Metal bands but when I heard that they would release their new record on their own and without the support of the visionary German Nuclear Blast label, I was quite surprised. When I later heard that the new release would feature fifteen ... (read more)

Report this review (#896725) | Posted by kluseba | Sunday, January 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An art project by Therion this album consists entirely of old french folksy symphonic cover songs from the 1950s and 1960s. The album is most similar to the previous "Sitra Ahra" release and has the same line up as Sitra Ahra. In some ways it is better that Sitra Ahra, but unlike Sitra Ahra there ... (read more)

Report this review (#830888) | Posted by 33948 | Sunday, September 30, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THERION "Les Fleurs Du Mal"