LES FLEURS DU MAL

Therion Les Fleurs Du Mal album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy THERION Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Poupee De Cire, Poupee The Son (2:51)
2. Une Fleur Dans Le Coeur (3:03)
3. Initials B.B (3:44)
4. Mon Amour, Mon Ami (4:35)
5. Polichinelle (2:28)
6. La Maritza (3:54)
7. Soeur Angelique (3:05)
8. Dis Moi Poupee (3:24)
9. Lilith (2:30)
10. En Alabama (2:39)
11. Wahala Manitou (2:34)
12. Je N'al Besoin Que De Tendresse (2:14)
13. La Licorne D'or (2:45)
14. J'al Le Mal De Toi (2:51)
15. Poupee De Cire, Poupee The Son (2:31)
16. Les Sucettes (Bonus Track) (2:40)

Search THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal lyrics

Search THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal tabs

- Christofer Johnsson / guitars
- Thomas Vikström / vocals, flute
- Lori Lewis / vocals
- Christian Vidal / guitars
- Nalle Påhlsson / bass
- Johan Koleberg / drums

CD End of the Light EOL022 (2012)

Thanks to notaproghead for the addition

THERION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal Music

Beyond SanctorumBeyond Sanctorum
Les Fleurs Du MalLes Fleurs Du Mal
1-2-3-4-GO! 2013
Vinyl$50.98
Dio- Holy Diver CD, Neurosis, High On Fire, Behemoth, Deicide, Emperor, Therion US $3.99 Buy It Now 38m
THERION Sirius b CD LTD DIJIPACK US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Sitra Ahra, Therion, Good US $10.32 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Therion - Atlantis Lucid Dreaming-Arab Zara Luxid Dreaming + [CD New] US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 49m
BROKEN HOPE HOBO STEW 7'' INCH LP CADAVER ENTOMBED THERION AUTPOSY US $24.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion / Japan Obi w/Sticker +1 Bonus 1st Press US $9.50 [2 bids]
THERION The Miskolc Experience 2 CD + DVD LTD EDITION US $13.99 Buy It Now 15h 11m
THERION theli CD. A TRUE MASTERPIECE RARE EDITION OOP US $8.95 Buy It Now 17h 19m
THERION sirius b CD -170 musicians! MASTERPIECE US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Therion - Les Fleurs Du Mal US $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
THERION - VOVIN Demonoid Messiah Mercyful Fate Memento Mori Dark Illusion MC US $4.90 Buy It Now 21h 44m
THERION - LEPACA KLIFFOTH Rare Poland Pressing MC BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $7.90 Buy It Now 22h 3m
THERION---LOT 14 CD US $119.99 [0 bids]
CELTIC FROST To Mega Therion 1988 CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Therion - Vovin CD 1998 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Therion - DEGGIAL CD 2000 US $4.99 [0 bids]
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion:T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.02 Buy It Now 1 day
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion:T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.02 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION theli ORG PICTURE LP FIRST PRESS SAMAEL ANATHEMA Amorphis Opeth Tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LEGACY MAGAZINE W/CD EMPEROR Therion SINISTER Enslaved AETERNUS Anathema GERMANY US $6.99 [0 bids]
MOON rec. THERION Lepaca Kliffoth - UKRAINIAN CD Ukraine IROND US $12.66 Buy It Now 1 day
MOON rec. THERION Theli - UKRAINIAN CD Ukraine Irond US $12.66 Buy It Now 1 day
MOON rec. THERION Gothic Kabbalah - UKRAINIAN DOUBLE CD Ukraine Irond US $14.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Demonoid - Riders of the Apocalypse CD THERION SOILWORK CHIMAIRA Ltd Slipcase US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Deggial +3 bonus THERION ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION EMBROIDERED PATCH US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION Theli Deluxe Edition CD + DVD Live Theli US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THERION Theli Deluxe Edition CD + DVD Live Theli US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tiamat-Skeleton Skeletron lp/moonspell/samael/paradise lost/therion/anathema US $69.99 [0 bids]
Projections of a Stained Mind: Mayhem, Entombed, Grotesque, Therion, Merciless US $47.99 [0 bids]
Alas - Absolute Purity [Morbid Angel, Therion] (2001, Hammerheart Records) CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SERENADE 'PLAGUE OF TIME" M-CD / Paradise Lost / Gathering / Therion / Nightwish US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sitra Ahra THERION brand new cd FREE SHIPPING US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lepaca Kliffoth by Therion (CD, May-1995, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Vovin by Therion (CD, May-1998, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
CELTIC FROST - TO MEGA THERION RAR MC'85 SAMAEL DARKTHRONE MAYHEM TORMENTOR US $0.99 [1 bids]
Therion - Sitra Ahra CD 2010 digi gothic metal Sweden Nuclear Blast USA press US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION Live in Midgard 2 CD Special Edition dijipack US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION gothic kabbalah 2 CD +2 BONUS TRACKS! US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion, CD 1st ORG NOISE International 1988 N 0031-3 US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Candlemass - Candlemass [Digipak CD '05] MEMENTO MORI THERION SOLITUDE AETURNUS US $11.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion / Miskole Experience CD US $30.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - The Beauty In Black / Lepaca Kliffoth - Cassette, Polish Press US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sirius B/Lemuria by Therion (CD, May-2004, 2 Discs, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
LACRIMOSA EMBROIDERED PATCH NIGHTWISH THERION CHRISTIAN DEATH EPICA Metal Negro US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gothic Kabbalah by Therion (CD, Jan-2007, 2 Discs, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $7.99 [0 bids]
THERION Gothic Kabbalah ( 2 CD SET NEW SEALED) US $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION sitra ahra CD US $8.85 Buy It Now 3 days
TOMMY VITALY Just Me CD DSG Candlemass THERION Germany US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS ETERNAL ENDLESS INFINITY CD THERION US $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Celtic Frost-To Mega Therion/1986-nm/super nice US $19.06 [7 bids]
Therion Secret Of The Runes CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION - THELI CD NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Therion: Live in Midgard (2-CD) US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THERION Crowning Of Atlantis+A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreamin US $8.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION - LIVE GOTHIC 2 CDS + DVD US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Akerbeltz - Therion Rising Old School Br Blackned Thrash RARE OOP SEALED US $17.09 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION THE MISKOLC EXPERIENCE 3 CDS US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION Sitra Ahra VINYL BLACK ED 2 VINYL SET US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION-LES FLEURS DU MAL-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F56 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
@ CD Therion - The Beauty In Black RARE METAL EP / NUCLEAR BLAST 1995 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NOMINON T-SHIRT ENTOMBED DISMEMBER GRAVE CARNAGE HYPOCRISY THERION UNLEASHED US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE GATHERING LONGSLEEVE SHIRT NIGHTWISH TRISTANIA SIRENIA LEAVES EYES THERION US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TODESBONDEN-SLEEP NOW, QUIET FOREST-CD-therion-dead can US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
AKERBELTZ - Therion Rising (CD Cogumelo Records CG0039) NEW Blackened Thrash US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Haggard - Tales Of Ithiria CD - ( EPICA therion ) US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION THELI DELUXE EDITION CD & DVD ALL REGIONS PAL NEW US $23.34 Buy It Now 4 days
THERION ADULRUNA REDIVIVA AND BEYOND 3 DVD ALL REGIONS PAL NEW US $53.24 Buy It Now 4 days
TREBLINKA Shrine Of The Pentagram 5LP BOX RED /200 Tiamat My Dying Bride Therion US $19.00 [16 bids]
Therion Sitra Ahra Thai Limited Promo CD 11 Tracks 1010 Nuclear Blast Very RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Therion - Live Gothic (2CD/1DVD, Jan-2008, 3 Discs, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $12.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Therion / Lepaca Kliffoth JAPAN+1 w/Sticker OOP!!!!! T-A2 US $69.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION "Theli" cd $1 Swedish Symphonic Metal Nuclear Blast Records Celtic Frost US $1.00 [0 bids]
TO MEGA THERION - BLOOD RITUALS NEW CD US $16.22 Buy It Now 5 days
To Mega Therion [Remaster] by Celtic Frost (CD, May-2002, Noise (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THERION DEGGIAL CD BLACK VELVET DIGIPAK RARE OOP US $24.99 [0 bids]
CELTIC FROST - TO MEGA THERION CD US $14.99 [0 bids]
NEW Sitra Ahra - Therion US $12.30 Buy It Now 6 days
Samael - Blood Ritual LP Grey Vinyl Tiamat Venom Rotting Christ Bathory Therion US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Therion - Theli (NEW CD/DVD) US $19.31 Buy It Now 6 days
death is just the beggining vol.VI 2 cds hammerfall stratovarius therion US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THERION Lepaca Kliffoth +2 BONUS ( ltd DIJIPACK EDITION US $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THERION in midgard 2 cd set ( amazing opera metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THERION Of Darkness... (Printed Small Patch) (New) FREE Shipping Worldwide US $9.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Therion-Deggial cd 2000 Nuclear Blast America Therion Deggial US $9.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Frost To Mega Therion USA Remaster CD new US $17.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Project Creation-Floating World RARE CD Epica Nightwish Kamelot Therion style US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THERION - SIRIUZ B US $4.99 [0 bids]
THERION - THE MISKOLC EXPERIENCE - NEW CD BOXSET US $30.13 Buy It Now 6 days
To Mega Therion - Celtic Frost (2002, CD New) US $7.54 Buy It Now 7 days
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion [CD New] US $10.24 Buy It Now 7 days
To Mega Therion Celtic Frost CD US $11.06 Buy It Now 7 days
CELTIC FROST - TO MEGA THERION NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Type O Negative HOODIE CARNIVORE TIAMAT THE SISTERS OF MERCY THE 69 EYES THERION US $64.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (Music CD) US $20.59 Buy It Now 7 days
Therion - Sitra Ahra [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Therion "Theli" Original Picture Disc Deicide Entombed Metallica US $53.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Therion - Vovin (Music CD) US $26.79 Buy It Now 7 days
THERION the miskolc experience 2CD+DVD - JEWEL CASE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
UKRAINE import THERION Sitra Ahra MOON rec. Ukrainian UKR CD US $14.37 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy THERION music online Buy THERION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THERION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal ratings distribution

THERION Les Fleurs Du Mal reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Les Fleurs Du Mal' - Therion (7/10)

There aren't too many bands out there that can say they have been around for a decade, let alone a quarter of a century. For those few that manage to hit the twenty five year mark, some sort of celebration is usually in order. Some might go on a world tour and appeal to their aging fanbase, while others may record an album or release a collection of shelved demo tracks for the diehard followers to eat up. Of course, Therion have never been known to follow in the footsteps of others. Although the operatic symphonic metal style is all-too common in current metal culture, Therion carved out their own niche, unshackling from their death metal roots and taking a more sophisticated and experimental approach to the symphonic style. With that in mind, it's no surprise that Therion didn't decide to celebrate things the regular way; instead, they went ahead and did an album of 1960's French pop song covers. It's sure to be a head scratcher at first, and while not every fan will get it, Therion's attention to finesse and detail makes this far more than the average covers album.

The beauty of "Les Fleurs Du Mal" lies in Therion's inate ability to take the core material and work it into their own style. By this point in their career, the band has a firm and matured grip on their sound, and a strong idea of where they want to go with it. The operatic soprano, symphonic arrangements and virtuosic neoclassical guitar work is all nothing new to Therion. The fact that Therion are able to so successfully translate these tunes to their own sound is impressive in its own right. Although most of the original songs already enjoyed the backing of a 'big band' style orchestra, many of them essentially remained pop songs, or love ballads. Especially with the peppier selections, the originals have the same head- nodding quality as alot of the Beatles' earliest stuff, with the major distinguishing factor being the female French-language vocals. When you prop the original and Therion's reimagining in comparison, it's effortless to see that they're the same song. Therion puts their own signature on the cover without losing the essence of the original. Instrumental motifs and vocal melodies are retained, transformed by the symphonic metal medium. Even on the originally orchestral-led songs (such as France Gall's "Poupée de cire, poupée de son"), Therion's symphonic element is amped up in complexity. Unless you have the prior knowledge that Therion are paying contribute to France's contemporary equivalent to the Flower Power movement, you may be more easily convinced that these are Therion originals, or at least renditions of classical operatic repertoire.

Although it's about as strange a match-up as I can imagine, Therion have managed to make this experiment work. Although this is a relatively straightforward covers album, Therion have given these tunes the same tender care and consideration they would give their own music. The songs are chosen well, and the rich phonetics of the French language translate well into Therion's music. The appropriately soaring operatic melodies of "Soer Angélique" and film-score quality of "Initials BB" were two of the most memorable moments on the album. The only song here that doesn't seem to fit is their rendition of "Je n'ai besoin que de tendresse", a Claire Dixon track that could have had the staying power of the rest of the album, were it not for the ridiculously over-the-top power metal cheese direction they chose to take it in. The musicianship and production are both excellent, although anyone who has laid ears on Therion's music before shouldn't find that surprising. In particular, operatic soprano Lori Lewis' vocals sound as bright and stellar as anything of the sort you will hear in metal. A covers album this may be, but Therion have given it their greatest effort, and it really shows.

Alot of disappointed fans have gone as far as to say "Les Fleurs Du Mal" is the band's biggest misstep, and a major letdown in the scope of an otherwise illustrious career. I would hope it was a granted that Therion wasn't trying to make a revolutionary masterpiece here. Instead, here is one of the most innovative symphonic metal bands taking a step back from the composition duties in order to stretch their arms and have a bit of fun while they're at it. It's futile to compare this to Therion's real albums. Although an album of new Therion originals may have been preferable, this is a really great way for the band to commemorate the twenty five year milestone. Maybe they'll do some symphonic metal covers for Tibetan throat singing or gamelan music for their fiftieth anniversary? I hope so!

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#888996) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 06, 2013

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Review originally written for www.therocktologist.com

I'll be terribly honest to you, this is the first Therion studio album I ever listened, I don't feel ashamed because metal-related music is not my specialty, though I believe I should have listened to some older ones before this newest one. I did know Therion, but only for some songs, not for an entire record, so this is my first true experience with the band, and sadly, not that positive. Probably my feelings have to do with my not-so-keen position regarding this genre, but believe me, when I listen to a metal album I always try the best to appreciate it and even enjoy it.

So 'Les Fleurs du Mal' is a 2012 release that features 16 songs in a 55-minute album, so as you guess the tracks are really short (2:30-3 minute average) and that was my problem, I could not fall in love with any single track, I tried and listen to them and I found nothing but repetitiveness and even boredom. I am sorry, because I know the band is big in the genre and I know purists will kill me, but I simply feel this is just an average album that could perfectly disappear and remain unnoticed.

The album begins with an explosive song, since the first seconds we can listen to a fast and powerful sound, featuring female-opera vocals and dark textures. 'Une Fleur dans le Coeur' is the second song, here the atmosphere changes with a softer tune at least for the first minute, later it becomes a bit darker and in the final minute more emotional. There are some songs like 'Polichinelle' that sounds even funny, I don't know, ridiculous to me, it sounds like Saint-Seiya soundtrack or something like that.

Some of the things I like is the use of instruments that produce a neo-classical sound, sometimes well fulfilled with some gothic schemes, an example of this is 'Soer Ang'lique'. In fact, I can say the band is really talented and colorful, I like how they use reminiscences of ancient times, elements that transport us to old eras, however, it is the music that in moments fails to create the desired enthusiasm on me.

This time I did not want to review song by song, it would be so tired (and tiring for the reader) so I let you my overall feelings in the above paragraphs. Sorry Therion fans, just not my cup of tea. Final grade 4 stars. However'

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#909567) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2013

5 stars Therion have always been a little bit different from regular Metal bands but when I heard that they would release their new record on their own and without the support of the visionary German Nuclear Blast label, I was quite surprised. When I later heard that the new release would feature fifteen ... (read more)

Report this review (#896725) | Posted by kluseba | Sunday, January 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An art project by Therion this album consists entirely of old french folksy symphonic cover songs from the 1950s and 1960s. The album is most similar to the previous "Sitra Ahra" release and has the same line up as Sitra Ahra. In some ways it is better that Sitra Ahra, but unlike Sitra Ahra there ... (read more)

Report this review (#830888) | Posted by 33948 | Sunday, September 30, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THERION "Les Fleurs Du Mal"