THE WIZARD'S STUDY

Gandalf's Fist The Wizard's Study album cover

Buy GANDALF'S FIST Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. Emerald Eyes (4:34)
2. The Regency Rascal (11:03)
3. Maurice The Bat (Instrumental) (3:36)
4. The Council Of Anderson (6:21)
5. The Unforgiving Sea (5:00)

Search GANDALF'S FIST The Wizard's Study lyrics

Search GANDALF'S FIST The Wizard's Study tabs

- Luke Severn / vocals, instruments
- Dean Marsh / vocals, instruments

Free EP to download Gandalf's Fist website

Thanks to Snow Dog for the addition

GANDALF'S FIST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF'S FIST The Wizard's Study Music

Road to DarknessRoad to Darkness
Gandalf's Fist 2012
The Master and the MonkeyThe Master and the Monkey
Gandalf's Fist 2011
A Day in the Life of a Universal WandererA Day in the Life of a Universal Wanderer
Gandalf's Fist 2013
Road to Darkness by Gandalf's Fist (2012) Audio CDRoad to Darkness by Gandalf's Fist (2012) Audio CD
Gandalf's Fist

More places to buy GANDALF'S FIST music online Buy GANDALF'S FIST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF'S FIST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF'S FIST The Wizard's Study ratings distribution

GANDALF'S FIST The Wizard's Study reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars To be honest, I decided to download this EP when I saw someone posted about it, without previously knowing the band's music, nowadays I still have not listened to a full-length album of theirs, however I can say in this EP I've found a cool slice of what their music is about, and I like it. So you can go to their website and download it for free, its title is "The Wizard's Study" and features five songs that make a total time of 30 minutes.

It opens with "Emerald Eyes", the second shortest composition here. Since the first seconds we can find a relaxed sound, with delicate vocals, nice use of synth as background while the guitar puts some nice nuances. After two minutes we can listen to a nice guitar solo that goes very well with the rhythm. Nice one. On the other hand, "The Regency Rascal" is the longest track here, passing the 11-minute barrier. It starts with an environmental sound, water and then a violin reminiscent of mediaeval times. After two minutes and a half the music changes radically, now drums, guitar and keyboards appear in a kind of heavy neo sound. Later a female voice appears giving new textures; after six minutes there is a part I like where keyboards become for a moment more important. Then the music flows and gives us five more minutes of great quality.

"Maurice the Bat" is a nice instrumental piece that offers three minutes of acoustic guitar creating a fresh, relaxed and delicate sound. "The Council of Anderson" has again acoustic guitar but this time accompanied since the first second by keyboards creating some noises and atmospheres. The voice enters after a minute and the song begins to build up a structure that will be followed during a minute more. A guitar solo can be appreciated later, while the background is still relaxed; then at minute four there is a change, a heavier passage begins for some moments, because later it slows down again. Nice track!

This EP finishes with "The Unforgiving Sea" with a pretty cool sound, the first two minutes are instrumental and later a spoken word appears like telling a story, later the vocals changes and now they sing with a soft tune. I like how they intercalate the guitar solo passages with the bridges and vocal ones. Nice way to finish it. I like it, it is not the best music I've ever heard, but it is worth downloading. Now I will have to listen to one of their studio albums. My final grade, 7 out of 10.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#840075) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 18, 2012

Post a review of GANDALF'S FIST "The Wizard's Study"