SUGARLOAF

Sugarloaf Sugarloaf album cover

Buy SUGARLOAF Music
Studio Album, released in 1970

1 Green-Eyed Lady (6:49)
2 The Train Kept-a-Rollin' (Stroll On) (1:23)
3 Medley: Bach Doors Man / Chest Fever (9:00)
4 West of Tomorrow (5:25)
5 Gold and the Blues (7:15)
6 Things Gonna Change Some (6:38)

- Jerry Corbetta / Vocals

BGO 2015
$10.40
SUGARLOAF SPACESHIP EARTH vinyl recordSUGARLOAF SPACESHIP EARTH vinyl record
LIBERTY RECORDS
Sugarloaf 45 RPM Round and Round / Colorado JonesSugarloaf 45 RPM Round and Round / Colorado Jones
Brut
Sugarloaf: Green-Eyed Lady b/w Green-Eyed LadySugarloaf: Green-Eyed Lady b/w Green-Eyed Lady
Original recording
Liberty Records
Alive In America by SugarloafAlive In America by Sugarloaf
RENAISSANCE
$30.42

SUGARLOAF - Don't Call Us We'll Call You - CD - **Mint Condition** - RARE USD $58.95 Buy It Now 15m 32s
RADIO SHOW: 10/7/86 THIS WK '70: SUGARLOAF,CHRISTIE,CSN&Y,DAWN,FREE,JAMES TAYLOR USD $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
SUGARLOAF West Of Tomorrow/Green Eyed Lady 45 RPM Liberty Records USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
NEW SEALED MOONRAKERS ANTHOLOGY CD 60s GARAGE PSYCHEDELIC SUGARLOAF USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
CHARLIE BYRD/SUGARLOAF SUITE US CJP-114 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Sugarloaf - Alive In America (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.06 Buy It Now 9h
Record 7" Vinyl Lincoln ?- Sugarloaf / Waterboy Brown 1994 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Sugarloaf - Alive in America [New CD] USD $14.23 Buy It Now 10h
Sugar Loaf Express Featuring Lee Ritenour ~ Self Titled/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet USD $11.49 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Sugarloaf - Alive in America [New CD] USD $16.22 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Classic Rock All Stars / Classic Rock All Stars [2 cd set] Rare Earth ,Sugarloaf USD $17.99 [0 bids]
SUGARLOAF-ALIVE IN AMERICA CD NEW USD $12.56 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Spaceship Earth Sugarloaf 33RPM LST-11010 111916LLE USD $10.04 Buy It Now 19h 29m
Welcome To Sugar Loaf 602537500284 (CD Used Like New) USD $6.63 Buy It Now 20h 59m
SUGARLOAF SPACESHIP EARTH / JAPAN WITH OBI USD $249.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
SUGAR LOAF EXPRESS LEE RITENOUR SAME JVC VIDC-2 Japan OBI VINYL LP USD $6.00 [2 bids]
SUGARLOAF SAME LIBERTY LP-80092 Japan VINYL LP USD $0.99 [1 bids]
SUGARLOAF-SPACESHIP EARTH GATEFOLD 1971 ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Charlie Byrd - By the Sea - Sugarloaf Suite - Brazilville - Vinyl USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SUGARLOAF-ALIVE IN AMERICA CD NEW USD $14.24 Buy It Now 1 day
SUGARLOAF - SUGARLOAF/SPACESHIP EARTH * NEW CD USD $17.69 Buy It Now 1 day
SUGARLOAF - Spaceship Earth (LP-80227) 1970 Japan LP USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SUGARLOAF Spaceship Earth LIBERTY LST 11010 Stereo NM/NM- USD $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SUGARLOAF Spaceship Earth 1970 Liberty GF LP LST-11010 EXC- w/lyric sleeve USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Freddie Fisher And His Orchestra ?- Sugar Loaf Waltz / Winona WALTZ 78RPM DECCA USD $3.50 [0 bids]
SUGARLOAF CD --- SUGARLOAF (ST) & SPACESHIP EARTH 2 TITLES ON 1 CD USD $10.00 [1 bids]
SUGARLOAF / JERRY CORBETTA - DONT' CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU - 7" SINGLE 45 Y USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sugarloaf Jerry Corbetta Don't Call Us We'll Call You LP Claridge 1975 VG USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 4 Funk 45's : James Gang: Funk 49, Edgar Winter, Sugarloaf, Gary Wright!! USD $0.99 [0 bids]
SUGARLOAF: Mother Nature's Wine / Medley 45 (Japan, folded insert w/ light corn USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SUGARLOAF: Tongue In Cheek / Woman 45 (Japan, folded PS, red vinyl) Rock USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Sugarloaf Green Eyed Lady / West Of Tomorrow 45 rpm 1970 Liberty 56183 USD $1.80 [0 bids]
Viva Brasil S/T LP Private Bossa Soul Latin Funk Sugarloaf w/ Insert Ultrasonic USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LEE RITENOUR SUGAR LOAF EXPRESS JVC VIDC-2 Japan PROMO VINYL LP USD $0.99 [0 bids]
SUGARLOAF lp SPACESHIP EARTH LIBERTY LST-11010 NICE! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Sugarloaf / Jerry Corbetta - Don't Call Us, We'll Call You 7" Mint- Canada 45 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SUGAR LOAF EXPRESS Featuring Lee Ritenour JVC RECORDS DIRECT DISK AUDIOPHILE LP USD $31.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Sugar Loaf - S/T - 4 Track Reel To Reel Tape 3.75 IPS VG+ USD $7.50 [2 bids]
sugarloaf Jerry Corbetta lp don't call us- we'll call you album-vg hard to find! USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Liberty Album Records SugarLoaf USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
vinyl records-John Klemmer and Sugar Loaf Express USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sugarloaf Spaceship Earth Inner Sleeve Gatefold 1st Press Liberty Records LP USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SUGAR LOAF EXPRESS: Featuring Lee Ritenour LP (Japan, insert, gatefold cover) USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Jerry Corbetta / Sugarloaf: Dont Call Us. / Texas Two Lane [new Unplayed Copy] USD $6.97 Buy It Now 3 days
SUGARLOAF Tongue In Cheek 7" - RED Vinyl - JAPAN TOSHIBA LIBERTY LR-2765 PSYCH ^ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Apollo's Fire - Sugarloaf Mountain - An Appalachian Gathering (NEW CD) USD $15.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Sugarloaf/Spaceship Earth Sugarloaf CD Collectables Green Eyed Lady FL OOP USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Sugar Loaf Spaceship Earth Psychedelic Rock Record lp VG++ USD $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SUGARLOAF Alive in America CD USD $29.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Apollo's Fire-Sugarloaf Mountain (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.85 Buy It Now 3 days
VIVA BRASIL VIVA BRASIL SUGARLOAF RECORDS SR1000 USA 1980 NM/NM USD $65.00 Buy It Now 3 days
HERBIE MANN: Sugarloaf Jazz Impressions of Brazil SOLID STATE ORIG LP NM- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SUGARLOAF: Sugarloaf LP (gatefold cover, cut corner) Rock & Pop USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGARLOAF Don't Call Us We'll Call You 8-track BLUE tape Claridge/GRT 1975 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Apollos Fire-Christmas On Sugarloaf Mountain (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.20 Buy It Now 4 days
Apollo's Fire-Sugarloaf Mountain (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.20 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGARLOAF "I GOT A SONG / BOOGIE MAN" 45 MINT UNPLAYED USD $4.75 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGARLOAF "TONGUE IN CHEEK / WOMAN" 45 NEAR MINT USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sugarloaf 45 Rock 1970 Green Eyed Lady West Of Tomorrow Glossy VG+ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CHARLIE BYRD - SUGARLOAF SUITE (CD, 1980, CONCORD PICANTE 1st PRESS NO IFPI) USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGARLOAF SPACESHIP EARTH VINYL LP LIBERTY GATEFOLD ALBUM USD $2.29 [0 bids]
LST-11010 Sugarloaf - Spaceship Earth NM/NM ~ J:VG+ Cutout USD $16.48 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGAR LOAF Spaceship Earth LP LIBERTY 60s pop psych SEALED cut out USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CHRISTMAS ON SUGARLOAF MOUNTAIN - APOLLO'S FIRE CD NEW+ USD $26.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Sugarloaf/spaceship Earth CD (2005) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
HERBIE MANN Sugarloaf Jazz Impressions Of Brazil LP SOLID STATE SS 18020 US 1968 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SUGARLOAF -GREEN EYED LADY- MEXICAN 7" SINGLE CLASSIC ROCK USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
v/a SUPER HITS OF SUPERSTARS-BLACKBYRDS/VAN McCOY/SUGARLOAF/BTO/ETC...NM/VG+ 2LP USD $17.18 Buy It Now 5 days
Sugarloaf Green Eyed Lady / West Of Tomorrow 45 1970 Liberty Vinyl Record USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SUGAR LOAF~ TONGUE IN CHEEK~WOMAN ~ NEAR MINT~ LIBERTY RECORDS~ RARE~ POP 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SUGARLOAF JERRY CORBETTA * 45 * Don't Call Us, We'll Call You *1974 #9 VG++ ORIG USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Sugarloaf "Spaceship Earth" 8 track tape REBUILT USD $4.99 [0 bids]
SUGARLOAF SUGARLOAF ALBUM NEVER OPENED. USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Apollos Fire-Christmas On Sugarloaf Mountain (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.85 Buy It Now 5 days
SUGARLOAF - THE BEST OF SUGARLOAF USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $15.98 Buy It Now 5 days
15 1970s GLAM HARD ROCK 45s Roxy Music BADFINGER Starz KISS Sugarloaf ZWOL ABBA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
OOP 7" from '70 | Sugarloaf-Green-Eyed Lady / West Of Tomorrow: Liberty-56183 S! USD $1.00 [0 bids]
SPENCER DAVIS GROUP Gimme Some Lovin' / SUGARLOAF Green-Eyed Lady 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SUGARLOAF GREEN-EYED LADY / WEST OF TOMORROW 1970 NM / NM PROGRESSIVE ROCK USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Rock 45 Sugarloaf - West Of Tomorrow / Green-Eyed Lady On Liberty USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGARLOAF Spaceship Earth LST 11010 LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG++ GF Sleeve USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf Mountain: An Appalachian Gathering, New, Free Ship USD $20.58 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf Mountain:appalachian Gather - Fire Apollo's Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $19.18 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGARLOAF Spaceship Earth 1970 US ORG SEALED Psych LP USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGARLOAF 7" Japan TONGUE IN CHEEK red wax vinyl USD $33.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGARLOAF DON'T CALL US JERRY CORBETTA RARE LP RECORD vinyl INDIA INDIAN VG+ USD $295.26 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGARLOAF same self titled LP RED WAX Vinyl JAPAN LP-80092 PROMO WHITE LABEL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Christmas On Sugarloaf Mountain - Apollo's Fire/Sorrell (NEW CD) USD $15.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf- Green Eyed Lady b/w Tongue In Cheek 45 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Jazztones The Sugar Loaf Dance LP NIT1 1988 EXCELLENT VINYL USD $18.91 Buy It Now 6 days
JERRY CORBETTA 1978 JAPAN 1ST PRESS CD w/OBI AOR WESTCOAST SUGARLOAF Jay Graydon USD $29.91 Buy It Now 6 days
SOUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES-1970: JOE COCKER,SUGARLOAF,GUESS WHO,FREE,SLY STONE++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf- Spaceship Earth- Vinyl LP- LST-11010- B547 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf/ Jerry corbetta - Texas Two-lane/ don't call us 45 Rpm Record Vinyl USD $2.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugar Loaf Express Titenour Jazz w/ Poster Japan Record lp original vinyl album USD $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf Mountain: An Appalachian Gathering USD $17.79 Buy It Now 6 days
Sugarloaf Mountain: An Appalachian Gathering, 0822252232929 USD $16.02 Buy It Now 6 days
SUGAR LOAF SPACESHIP EARTH LIBERTY RECORDS LST-11010 STEREO GATEFOLD EX USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
RARE Sugar Loaf Express JAPAN IMPORT Lee Ritenour JVC AUDIOPHILE 12" LP Poster USD $26.24 Buy It Now 7 days
SUGARLOAF * 45 * Green-Eyed Lady * 1970 #1 * UNPLAYED MINT Vinyl RI * MY TOP 100 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy SUGARLOAF music online Buy SUGARLOAF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

SUGARLOAF Sugarloaf ratings distribution

SUGARLOAF Sugarloaf reviews

3 stars SUGARLOAF are from Colorado in the USA and are pretty much known as a one-hit-wonder because of the opening track "Green-Eyed Lady". This is their debut from 1970 and it's very much hit and miss for me and mostly the latter. I give it 3 stars though because of that opening song which has been a favourite of mine as long as I can remember. And really there's nothing on this album that sounds even close to "Green-Eyed Lady", it's like we get a different band for the rest of the album.

"Green-Eyed Lady" is an absolutely incredible track where i'm blown away by the drumming and bass work. Ditto for the organ play of band leader Jerry Corbetta who is also the singer. Such a proggy track and it has special meaning since i've been hanging out with a beautiful green-eyed lady for many years. Nice organ solo before 3 1/2 minutes then the guitar comes to the fore tastefully. It's awesome to have the almost 7 minute album version of this track because I never want it to end. "The Train Kept-A-Rollin" is a short instrumental cover of THE YARDBIRDS track. Yeah it's okay. "Medley : Bach Doors Man / Chest Fever" opens with an organ solo of that Bach tune reminding me of ELP before blending into another instrumental cover of THE BAND's "Chest Fever". Again this is all okay but does little for me.

"West Of Tomorrow" is a return of the vocals for the first time since the opening song. The organ is again prominant including a solo. It's a little dated but not bad. "Gold And The Blues" is pure blues with the organ, drums and guitar standing out. It's an instrumental and pretty good if your into the blues. I especially like the guitar. "Things Gonna Change Some" is my second favourite track. It's a vocal tune that has some tempo changes. A feel good song for me. I like the instrumental section in the middle where the guitar comes to the fore.

A good album I suppose but yeah one-hit-wonders is a deserved title for this band unfortunately.

Review by Gatot
3 stars It's quite funny to me knowing this band only from a pop music compilation cassette sometime in mid seventies with a very good song titled as "Don't Call Us, We Call You". I knew that the name of the band who played it, Sugarloaf, must be the one who played rock music as I looked at the riffs from that pop song. I then finally traced back the background of the band and thanks to the internet that finally I knew a bit history of the band whom they named it as Chocolate Hair prior obtaining contract to record their debut album in 1970. The story about the band indeed is about the vocalist and keyboardist vocalist and keyboardist Jerry Corbetta who met with guitarist Bob Webber of the Moonrakers; the other initial bandmembers were drummer Bob MacVittie and rhythm guitarist Veeder Van Dorn III, also from the Moonrakers, plus bassist Bob Raymond. They changed their name to Sugarloaf, a mountain in Colorado.

This debut album from 1970 is good to me as the music is still raw an it represents the seventies music in terms of guitar riffs and fills as well as keyboard work. It opens with their top hit song (no. 3 in the US) Green-Eyed Lady where the music is really vintage and I can sense a very dynamic riffs and good keyboard work. The band also play the Medley: Bach Doors Man / Chest Fever nicely and it has a very good combination of solo keyboard / hammond combined with guitar. The drum work sounds raw and it's nice hearing this old school classic rock. The long keyboard work and guitar rhythm section has made this song sounds interesting to my ear. West of Tomorrow starts with simple basslines followed with vocal line and the music moves in medium tempo. Gold and the Blues is really an excellent instrumental blues track with great keyboard / hammond work and raw guitar work. I sometime make this track as my one of my playlist in enjoying blues music. The guitar playing, basslines and drum beats are all really nice. After a long guitar solo the track then enters the hammond solo. It's really nice! Things Gonna Change Some is another good track in psychedelic style.

Overall, it's a very good album and recommended to those of you who like vintage rock music and do not expect much prog at all. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Post a review of SUGARLOAF "Sugarloaf"