Progressive Electronic

Search NIMH Under Mournful Horizons (with Day Before Us) tabs

- Philippe Blache / piano, organ, guitar
- Giuseppe Verticchio / electronic treatments, field recordings, many objects

Rage in Eden [RAG91]
All tracks composed by Philippe Blache (Day Before Us) and Giuseppe Verticchio (Nimh)

NIMH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy NIMH Under Mournful Horizons (with Day Before Us) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
From Unhealthy Places by Nimh (2013-10-15)From Unhealthy Places by Nimh (2013-10-15)
Impossible Days by NimhImpossible Days by Nimh

NIMH Under Mournful Horizons (with Day Before Us) ratings distribution

NIMH Under Mournful Horizons (with Day Before Us) reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams
4 stars Suggest the keywords for their music may be "rain", "sorrow", "darkness", and "brief pleasure".

"Under Mournful Horizons", released in September 2012 via Rage In Eden Records, is a creation compiled mainly with DAY BEFORE US aka Philippe BLACHE's sound view of the world, in collaboration with NIMH aka Giuseppe VERTICCHIO. Philippe and I have discussed soundscape together, while his strong intention for dark, meditative ambient music continent has been blowing me away eventually. Their deep, down-tempo, graceful dark ambience reminds me some texture in Ludvig van Beethoven's "Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor - Moonlight" though I'm not familiar with Classic music scene. And through this work, another gem in the pouring rain can be found ... very surprisingly indeed.

Along with Philippe's soundscape under his vast sky fuzz of dark ambience, their play had gone straightforward to sorrowful, mournful, plaintive tone mass. Look at their album sleeve and song titles and we can easily realize what they meant to do. On the other hand, mind you, something pleasant like a dim light or like a small brilliant gem falling into a dark nebula, can be found, I'm sure. Cannot understand which sounds like such a mysterious phenomenon, this album concept or their soundscape itself, but even vaguely, cannot help feeling glad in future of their story. Without myself I've said that what's happening and what an amazing confusion.

Quite fascinating the atmosphere especially in the last track "Frozen Gleams Of Eternity" should be, dizzy fuzzy rainy noise ensemble will get to be purely crystallized, scape sweetness. The riff, eccentric but simple, constantly knocks our vacant mind, but that repetitive progress with bulky air alteration can inflate our mind with fantasia. Guess their sound stream collective throw "hope" to us despite of appearance.

In conclusion, please get drenched in this terrific creation.

Post a review of NIMH "Under Mournful Horizons (with Day Before Us)"