FOOL TAPES

Fruitcake

Fruitcake Fool Tapes album cover

Buy FRUITCAKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1992

1. The curious line (4:09)
2. Purple heart (4:10)
3. Dirty needles (4:21)
4. She's someone else (3:27)
5. That's a lie (3:39)
6. Very close (4:12)
7. Laughing in the rain (3:34)
8. What do you see (5:27)
9. Fooled again (3:38)

Search FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes lyrics

Search FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes tabs

- Tore Bo / bass, keyboards
- Steffen Holthe / guitars
- Siri M. Seland / keyboards, vocals, bass
- Päl Sovik / vocals, drums, keyboards

CD Briskeby Records BY-06 (limited edition of 500)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

FRUITCAKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes Music

EMI, EMI
Vinyl$23.95 (used)
FudgeFudge
Stoney Boy Music (Armada Music) 2011
A Second Try / We Gotta Sing Our Ass OffA Second Try / We Gotta Sing Our Ass Off
Emi, Emi
Vinyl$23.95 (used)
Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from Texas, Fruitcake-Superbeing, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 20h 3m
Fruitcake CD Room For Surprise OOP rare US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SABINA DHAND heaven 12" 3 trk radio mix (sab03) uk fruitcake 1993 US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
FRUITCAKE WITH NUTS BY JOHN BAUMGARDNER & THE PAPER DOLL BAPTISTS (CD, J. BOMB) US $6.95 Buy It Now 4 days
JOAN SMALLWOOD & VELTONES: Nutty As A Fruitcake (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Fruitcake ?- Patty Lane / Story Of Life US orig' Skin Graft 7" w/comic book 1992 US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
FRUITCAKE (Benny Maan, Rob Taekema) - 2 JAPAN 1st CD OBI 1984 VDP-30 YEN3500 US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Liejacker [Digipak] by Thea Gilmore (CD, Sep-2008, Fruitcake) US $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Fruitcake ~ 2/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet US $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
FRUITCAKE-FRUITCAKE II-JAPAN CD E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
JAPAN LP FRUITCAKE OBI INSERT DUTCH JAZZ FUNK FUSION US $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
FRUITCAKE - S/T : LP w/Obi : Japan Victor VIJ-6401 : Dutch Jazz Funk, Fusion US $25.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Fruitcake-Superbeing Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 10 days
FRUITCAKE-SUPERBEING - ELECTRONICALLY-CHALLENGED..- CD US $9.66 Buy It Now 12 days
FRUITCAKE 3 SUMMER REMINISCENCE JAPAN CD OBI 3200yen VDJ BENNY BAAN ROB TAEKEMA US $79.99 Buy It Now 12 days
F**K THAT WEAK sh*t VOL.1 various 7" 4 track sampler feat. fruitcake/no tomorrow US $8.29 Buy It Now 14 days
Tim & Willy's Fruitcake 2000 US $5.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Fruitcake ~ 3/ Japan LP/ Sheet Promo US $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Fruitcake With Nuts, John Baumgardner & The Paper Dol,Excellent, CD w/Slipcase,A US $4.99 Buy It Now 16 days
CD Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from Texas Fruitcake-Superbeing US $4.00 Buy It Now 16 days
FRUITCAKE Patty Lane b/w Story of Life 7" vinyl Comic Book/Record Set Skin Graft US $6.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Fruitcake-Patty Lane/Story Of Life 7"-SKIN GRAFT RECORDS LABEL-RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $13.28 Buy It Now 17 days
Countess Fruit Cake Holiday Record~General Baking Co~Christmas Fruitcake US $15.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Tim & Willy's Fruitcake AND Tim & Willennium - KNIX Comedy (CD, 3 Discs) US $14.99 Buy It Now 18 days
John Baumgardner & The Paper Doll Baptis Fruitcake With Nuts CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 21 days
fruitcake creeping & peeping 7" limited edition sleeve US $17.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Tim & Willy's Fruitcake 2000 US $4.95 Buy It Now 23 days
Fruitcake Superbeing - Electronically Challenged Blue (2001) - Used - Compa US $0.99 Buy It Now 24 days
FRUITCAKE: PATTY LANE / STORY OF LIFE. 7" RECORD. US $9.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy FRUITCAKE music online Buy FRUITCAKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRUITCAKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes ratings distribution

FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars These early tapes from the band aren't a thrilled experience in my old prog ears. Early neo-prog (or close) mixed with some weird texture as the reggae-ish opening number ''The Curious Line''. An horror during the vocal parts while pretty decent during the fine instrumental ones.

But this is going to be a major concern throughout their career, unfortunately.

Some mix with old disco times (''Dirty Needles'') aren't really what you would expect from a prog band. But at times, the mix of music is not too bad, but there is nothing to write home about these early ''fool tapes'' really.

Some catchy pop melodies are the best you can expect from this album. But don't expect anything a la ELO or from the great Marillion Mark I. The band doesn't come even close to such concepts. At best, some average elevator music. No more here.

The overall mood expresses a lot of boredom. One really needs a lot of patience to go through the whole of this album. But the band will do better later on even if their best times are combined with a total ''Genesis'' cloning. But I'll discuss this in a later review.

As far as this album is concerned, I can't go over two stars in terms of rating. It is really a very, very average album. Very much to the later days of ''Genesis'' while they were three. I guess that you get the picture (''What Do You See'').

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#215224) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Zowie Ziggy is right. When I went to search for Fruitcake here on PA, I thought that first album won't be rated well. And so, it's not. For a reason. I feel strong influence of early desperate 90's (minimalistic sound, nothing pompous, or energic) with big element of synth 80's (I just feel it). As I said, tracks lacks much needed energy, some driving force. Mostly short ones doesn't help to form better feeling. Vocal part is indeed disaster. He's more like reciting text he has been given in a way Depeche Mode vocalist sings. Some cowardly guitar solos (not strong enough, not exploring enough, just boiling the same water over and over again). I heard worse music in my life, but this music is another of these void music that has not much to offer. Certainly not for someone who considers himself hardcore Prog fan. The problem is that I don't consider myself hardcore and I'm quite tolerant.

2(-), vacuum of interesting music.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#271411) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 stars This album, the debut album from Fruitcake was a child of it's time. Still mired in the 1980s, in other words. The music here is a mix of 1980s pop/rock, the English new romantism scene and neo prog. The songs are driven by guitars, tonnes of keyboards, bass and drums. That and male vocals with ... (read more)

Report this review (#527335) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRUITCAKE "Fool Tapes"