FOOL TAPES

Fruitcake

Fruitcake Fool Tapes album cover

Buy FRUITCAKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1992

1. The curious line (4:09)
2. Purple heart (4:10)
3. Dirty needles (4:21)
4. She's someone else (3:27)
5. That's a lie (3:39)
6. Very close (4:12)
7. Laughing in the rain (3:34)
8. What do you see (5:27)
9. Fooled again (3:38)

Search FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes lyrics

Search FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes tabs

- Tore Bo / bass, keyboards
- Steffen Holthe / guitars
- Siri M. Seland / keyboards, vocals, bass
- Päl Sovik / vocals, drums, keyboards

CD Briskeby Records BY-06 (limited edition of 500)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

FRUITCAKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Power StructurePower Structure
Cyclo 1999
Audio CD$40.46 (used)
Room for SurpriseRoom for Surprise
Cyclops Records 1996
anna marina / moanin the blues 45 rpm singleanna marina / moanin the blues 45 rpm single
PBR
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Fruitcake (If You Wanna Stomp And Shake)Fruitcake (If You Wanna Stomp And Shake)
EMI
Vinyl$11.95 (used)
FRUITCAKE 1(ltd.remaster)FRUITCAKE 1(ltd.remaster)
Audio CD$49.82 (used)
FRUITCAKE 2(ltd.remaster)FRUITCAKE 2(ltd.remaster)
Audio CD$48.18 (used)
FRUITCAKE 3(ltd.remaster)FRUITCAKE 3(ltd.remaster)
INDIE (JAPAN)

More places to buy FRUITCAKE music online Buy FRUITCAKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRUITCAKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes ratings distribution

FRUITCAKE Fool Tapes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars These early tapes from the band aren't a thrilled experience in my old prog ears. Early neo-prog (or close) mixed with some weird texture as the reggae-ish opening number ''The Curious Line''. An horror during the vocal parts while pretty decent during the fine instrumental ones.

But this is going to be a major concern throughout their career, unfortunately.

Some mix with old disco times (''Dirty Needles'') aren't really what you would expect from a prog band. But at times, the mix of music is not too bad, but there is nothing to write home about these early ''fool tapes'' really.

Some catchy pop melodies are the best you can expect from this album. But don't expect anything a la ELO or from the great Marillion Mark I. The band doesn't come even close to such concepts. At best, some average elevator music. No more here.

The overall mood expresses a lot of boredom. One really needs a lot of patience to go through the whole of this album. But the band will do better later on even if their best times are combined with a total ''Genesis'' cloning. But I'll discuss this in a later review.

As far as this album is concerned, I can't go over two stars in terms of rating. It is really a very, very average album. Very much to the later days of ''Genesis'' while they were three. I guess that you get the picture (''What Do You See'').

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#215224) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars Zowie Ziggy is right. When I went to search for Fruitcake here on PA, I thought that first album won't be rated well. And so, it's not. For a reason. I feel strong influence of early desperate 90's (minimalistic sound, nothing pompous, or energic) with big element of synth 80's (I just feel it). As I said, tracks lacks much needed energy, some driving force. Mostly short ones doesn't help to form better feeling. Vocal part is indeed disaster. He's more like reciting text he has been given in a way Depeche Mode vocalist sings. Some cowardly guitar solos (not strong enough, not exploring enough, just boiling the same water over and over again). I heard worse music in my life, but this music is another of these void music that has not much to offer. Certainly not for someone who considers himself hardcore Prog fan. The problem is that I don't consider myself hardcore and I'm quite tolerant.

2(-), vacuum of interesting music.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#271411) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 stars This album, the debut album from Fruitcake was a child of it's time. Still mired in the 1980s, in other words. The music here is a mix of 1980s pop/rock, the English new romantism scene and neo prog. The songs are driven by guitars, tonnes of keyboards, bass and drums. That and male vocals with ... (read more)

Report this review (#527335) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRUITCAKE "Fool Tapes"