DEATH IN THE BLUE LAKE

When Death In The Blue Lake album cover

Buy WHEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1988

Side A
1. Death In The Blue Lake (21:59)
Side B
1. Loosing Figures (3:50)
2. Afterzone (4:16)
3. Paint The Dance (2:43)
4. Fragments (1:19)
5. Frozen Atlantic (4:03)
6. Followed By Water (1:58)
7. Under X-Mas Tree Of Medusa (3:24)

Search WHEN Death In The Blue Lake lyrics

Search WHEN Death In The Blue Lake tabs

- Lars Pedersen / all instruments

LP Witchwood Records WIT002 (1988)

Thanks to damoxt7942 for the addition

WHEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WHEN Death In The Blue Lake Music

The Three Degrees ~When Will I See You Again~Year Of Decision~ 45 RPM Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
29m 35s
ROBBIE WILLIAMS - SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING - 2000 UK CD ALBUM US $1.62 Buy It Now 30m 10s
Lesley Rae Dowling-Split/When The Night Comes-SOUTH AFRICA-NEW CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 30m 42s
THE VESPERS SWAN 4156 MR. CUPID/WHEN I WALK WITH MY ANGEL NM- US $20.00 Buy It Now 31m 56s
Louis Armstrong The Night Before Christmas b/w When The Saints Go.. 45rpm Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Mashmakhan As The Years Go By b/w Days When We Are Free 45-rpm record US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Dream Theater -When Dream And Day Reunite Ltd DVD US $25.96 Buy It Now 36m 14s
BILLY OCEAN WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH THE TOUGH GET GOING SINGLE 7" PS US $4.38 Buy It Now 36m 51s
SISTER SLEDGE when the boys meet the girls US $13.80 Buy It Now 36m 59s
Texas When I Die * by Country Crossroad (CD, Sep-2005, CBUJ Distribution) US $2.75 Buy It Now 37m 52s
?AGNETHA FALTSKOG-WHEN YOU REALLY LOVED SOMEONE 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC. ABBA RARE US $45.44 Buy It Now 40m 44s
JIMMY ROSELLI - 7" Platinum Disc - WHEN YOUR OLD WEDDING RING WAS NEW US $105.52 Buy It Now 43m 17s
DAN ROBERTS & His Home Towners When it's Springtime 78 IMPERIAL 2709 US $21.09 Buy It Now 43m 43s
SUE MEDLEY - WHEN THE STARS FALL CASSETTE SINGLE US $1.99 Buy It Now 46m 3s
When the Blackbird Sings * by Saraya (CD, Apr-1991, Polydor) RARE OOP HAIR METAL US $19.50 Buy It Now 47m 35s
SHOWADDYWADDY ~ When ~ 7" Single PS FRENCH PRESS US $4.85 Buy It Now 48m 10s
EARLIES WHEN THE WIND BLOWS 10" US $12.39 Buy It Now 48m 48s
EARLS REMEMBER WHEN 7" PIC DISC US $10.59 Buy It Now 48m 49s
WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BY CHAUNCEY OLCOTT US $4.00 [0 bids]
48m 50s
SANDS OF TIME 45 Where Did We Go Wrong / When I Look Back (promo) - NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 49m 10s
77's 88 Seventy Sevens-Eighty Eight/When Numbers Get Serious RARE 2-CD Set NEW US $29.99 [0 bids]
52m 43s
WHITE TORNADO: It's Hard To Be A Rock & Roll Star When You're Bald And Fat / Mo US $10.00 Buy It Now 55m 3s
BOBBY VEE Come Back When You Grow Up (12" Vinyl LP, Liberty, LST-7534) SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 55m 31s
SLIM WHITMAN I'll See You When (12" Vinyl LP, United Artists, UA-LA046-F) SEALED US $12.49 Buy It Now 55m 31s
KEN GRIFFIN When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (10" Vinyl LP, Columbia, CL 6245) EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 56m 36s
Sarah Whatmore When I Lost You Cassette Tape Single - TESTED US $4.06 Buy It Now 57m 31s
BILLY MIZE: Beer Drinking, Honky Tonkin' Blues / Someday When It Gets To Be Tom US $8.00 Buy It Now 58m 35s
Robbie Williams Sing When You're Wining CD US $0.81 [0 bids]
58m 50s
Sutherland Brothers - When The Night Comes Down lp Factory Sealed JC35703 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h
Greatest Hits, Martina McBride CD includes When God-Fearin' Women Get the Blues US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Glenn & Claudia - When Your Heart Runs Out Of Time 1985 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Slip Double: Crazy P : When We Live (2012) Live Koko London England US $15.08 [0 bids]
CD Change! "When Spaceships Collide" indie rock on Mental Monkey 2007 US $0.99 [1 bids]
WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS - soundtrack LP - CONNIE US $10.61 Buy It Now 1h 8m
DEBBY BOONE "OH, NO NOT MY BABY" "WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE" WARNER BROS. 45 ? US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
ALBERT HAMMOND 'When I'm Gone' 7" Demo US $11.19 Buy It Now 1h 9m
When Love Songs Were Love Songs Clayderman, Richard Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
78RPM Mercury 8185 Gene Ammons, Little Slam / When You're Gone strong V US $13.95 Buy It Now 1h 10m
TINA TURNER 7"Single- Sometimes When We Touch, EX+ US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h 12m
GARBAGE When I Grow Up 1999 UK 3" mini 4-trk CD single US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
When We Speak, We Breathe [EP] by Yesterdays Rising (CD, Jul-2004, Fearless... US $7.33 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Hudson-Ford: When Lovw Has Overgrown STUNNING NEAR MINT 7" US $6.48 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Harry Connick Jr., When My Heart Finds Christmas Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
PILGRIM TRAVELERS: I Was There When The Spirit Came 45 Black Gospel US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Country Promo NM! 45 BOBBY BORCHERS When Johnny Cash Comes Back To Folsom on Epi US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
ROCK FLOWERS: Put A Little Love Away / Always Call Me Up When You're Lonely 45 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Matchbox When You Ask About Love 7" Vinyl P/S US $8.12 Buy It Now 1h 16m
FRANKIE MILLER, WHEN I'M AWAY FROM YOU-Chrysalis CHS2276-UK 7" 1979-EX US $4.04 Buy It Now 1h 17m
TURBANS-WHEN YOU DANCE/LET ME SHOW YOU-FLASHBACK FLB 17.VG++ US $8.28 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Rick Astley: When I fall in love 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $6.15 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Prefab Sprout: When love breaks down 7"" RARE 1985 STUNNING NEAR MINT 7" US $6.48 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE BLACK VELVET BAND: When Justice Came LP ELEKTRA RECORDS 9608851 US 1989 NM+ US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 19m
White Cross: When the fabric's torn orig 1986 Australina Crash records EX LP US $12.32 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Gene Chandler, I'll Remember You - When You're No. 1, 20th Century TC-2411 US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BARON VONNY ZODIAC 334 WHEN LITTLE GIRLS FALL IN. US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Bardeux 45 When We Kiss / Magic Carpet Ride NM US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Billy Walker - When a Man Loves a Woman (MGM 4682) (sealed) (PS on the BC) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
CD Ric Hordinski "When I Consider How My Light Is Spent" on Ether 2003 US $0.99 [0 bids]
ROD STEWART WHEN WE WERE THE NEW BOYS CD, 1998, 10 tracks US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
TINA TURNER - "BETTER BE GOOD TO ME / WHEN I WAS YOUNG" - w/ SLEEVE US $0.59 [0 bids]
? THE KILLERS - When You Were Young ? song lyric typography poster art print US $32.45 Buy It Now 1h 26m
? THE KILLERS - When You Were Young ? song lyric typography poster art print US $24.27 Buy It Now 1h 26m
? THE KILLERS - When You Were Young ? song lyric typography poster art print US $19.40 Buy It Now 1h 26m
? THE KILLERS - When You Were Young ? song lyric typography poster art print US $14.53 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Black Velvet Band: When justice came 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $6.15 Buy It Now 1h 27m
BILLY STORM - DEAR ONE/WHEN YOU DANCE - ATLANTIC ORIGINAL. VG+ US $10.39 Buy It Now 1h 28m
James Yorkston - When The Haar Rolls In - U.S. cd - RARE! 071814 US $7.18 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Various - When It Rains It Pours LP US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 31m
2 Rosie Thomas CD - When We Were Small - Only With Laughter Can You Win US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BRIAN DAVIES-WHEN I'M NEAR MY GIRL & A TOUCH OF PINK. DOT RECORDS -159910 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Damita Jo Epic 45 Record #10061 VG If You Go Away / When The Fog Rolls In To US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Bon Jovi - Slippery when Wet 12" LP Pic Disc Nr Mint collector's edition POSTER US $9.74 [0 bids]
Jamiroquai cd EP When You Gonna Learn 6TRK sealed US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Murray Head: When you're in love 1984 7" STUNNING NEAR MINT US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Climax Blues Band: When talking is too much 1978 7" STUNNING NEAR MINT US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 35m
G.B Band: When will I be Loved? 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 36m
! rare CD - THINGS TO DO IN DENVER WHEN YOUR DEAD movie soundtrack - rare! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Earl Grant 45 "When I Grow Too Old To Dream/Lonesome Rd US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Swing When You're Winning by Robbie Williams (CD, Nov-2001, Emi) EU IMPORT US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Dave Edmunds-Repeat When Necessary-Original Vinyl PROMO Pressing-1979 US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 37m
FOUR KNIGHTS, I Get So Lonely (When I Dream About ) / I Couldn't Stay Away 45rpm US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Art Garfunkel: Sometimes when i'm dreaming orig 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $6.15 Buy It Now 1h 39m
(EE308) Alina, When You Leave (Numa Numa) - DJ CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Priscilla Ahn: When You Grow Up Advance PROMO Music CD 12trk folk world w/ Art! US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Mitch Ryder: When you were mine 1983 7" RARE STUNNING NEAR MINT US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 43m
BARBARA FOSTER: WHEN LOVE WAS YOUNG preview 45 country RARE hear US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Bell Biv DeVoe, When Will I See You Smile Again?, 12" Single, MCA 10532 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Paper Toys: When there's two of you 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $7.71 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Freddy Cannon 45-Broadway/What's Goona Happen When Summer's Done US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Dave Edmunds: Repeat When Necessary A2/B2 1979 LP US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Catherine Howe: When the night comes orig 7" BRAND NEW VINYL EX SHOP US $6.15 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Glass Tiger ?- Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) Japanese orig' PROMO EMI 7" 1985 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
RED GARLAND-WHEN THERE ARE GREY SKIES +1-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
DEAD WHEN I FOUND HE - RAG DOLL BLUES - NEW CD US $11.97 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Stigma - When Midnight Strikes! CD US $14.69 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Moonglows The - See Saw / When I'm With You 45 1956 CHESS US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
(EK338) When Your Heart Stops Beating - 2006 Sp Ed CD US $9.90 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Doo Wop R&B 45 The Jive Bombers - When Your Hair Has Turned To Silver / Bad Boy US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Phoenix Mourning - When Excuses Become Antiques CD US $43.74 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Anita Baker and James Ingram CD - When You Love Someone - from Forget Paris US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m

More places to buy WHEN music online Buy WHEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WHEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WHEN Death In The Blue Lake ratings distribution

WHEN Death In The Blue Lake reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
5 stars What a superb music terrorist Lars PEDERSEN was.

His second album "Death In The Blue Lake" under the moniker of WHEN could open my eyes again for one of surrealistic "avantgarde rock" world. The titled track on Side A is kinda killer one ... The extreme horrible opening squeezes synthesizer-based windwood-y negative drone into our minds, soon followed by a plaintive orchestrated sound forest. Weird shouts, fuzzy sound effects, frozen wind blowing, and so on. Yes all sounds / noises constructed in Lars' instruments with Lars' strong intention would seem to be a dramatic theatre on a vinyl. Like a lady shouting on the sleeve, every sound seasoning may build a really strict dreammare deeply in our brain I guess. If anything, this long suite can be a well-calculated beauty mixture with some jerky shockwave knocks. Exactly suitable to call the suite as a tragedy of sound. The last can be heard as the end of our life ... sad, vain, tense (like clock running), but graceful, magnificent. Addictive stuff always heads me up actually.

Short tracks on Side B would be something unified with Lars' short ideas. There are not only madness, loudness, dirtiness, but also beauty, fancy, wealthy, fantasy. Sometimes we can feel vacant like in "Loosing Figures", sometimes comfortable in the beginning of "Paint The Dance" (LOL), urgent like in "Frozen Atlantic", and depressive / froggy in "Followed By Water". Of all on the rear, "Fragments", created by sound / tune fragments dealt with (reverse) tape effects, is one of my favourites. Into this track, Lars might stuff various components grabbed in his deep lake mind, I imagine. The last "Under X-mas Tree Of Medusa" can be felt as a tiny version of the suite mentioned above for me, but on the contrary, it's quite impressive that such a Norwegian genius would come across his first turning point in the next creation, due to a fateful encounter with a RIO vanguard Chris CUTLER. Amazing indeed.

In a different sense from typical RIO / Avant-Prog scene, this album should be highly recommended.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#861523) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 17, 2012

Post a review of WHEN "Death In The Blue Lake"