20 YEARS AFTER

Studio Album, released in 2012

1.Three's A Crowd (3:40)
2. Worries (6:27)
3. 20 Years After (3:41)

THE TRUE TALE OF DUPLO THE EQUIVALENT (60:27)
4. Duplo's Theme (4:01)
5. Morning In Equivalesia (2:10)
6. It's Fun To Obey (5:38)
7. Evening Thoughts (2:42)
8. Working On The Mountain (7:40)
9. Unica (2:21)
10. Love Is In His Eye (1:34)
11. Together (4:04)
12. Life In The Individual State Of Ridicula (5:42)
13. Happiness (4:39)
14. The Guy Is Cool ! (3:47)
15. Same Old Song (6:21)
16. Move Out (5:16)
17. Finale & Epilogue (4:33)

Bonus Track:

18. One Night In Mantua (3:59)

TOTAL PLAYING TIME: 78:17

Search LIFE LINE PROJECT 20 Years After lyrics

Search LIFE LINE PROJECT 20 Years After tabs

-Marion Brinkman-Stroetinga - all lead vocals & harmony vocals
-Elsa de Beer - flute & harmony vocals
-Dineke Visser - oboe
-Anneke Verhage - clarinets
-Ada Bienfait - bassoon
-Erik de Beer - acoustic & electric piano's, Moogs, Hammond organ, synthesizers, harpsichord, all electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin, lutes, baroque guitar, chitarrone & harmony vocals
-Iris Sagan - Ibanez BTB 5 string & Fender Jazz bass 4 string bass guitars,
acoustic bass, harmony vocals & narrating voice
-Ludo de Murlanos - Gretsch drums, Zildjan, Sabian & UFIP cymbals, timpani,
roto-toms, bongo's, renaissance drum, triangle, claves, shaker, cowbell,
tambourine & harmony vocals

With
-Iris Kranenburg & Patricia Kalkman - violins
-Christine van Blitterswijk - viola
-Aris Anninga - violoncello

LLR CD 21 067

Thanks to Ivan_Melgar_M for the addition

LIFE LINE PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LIFE LINE PROJECT 20 Years After Music

Beyond TimeBeyond Time
ModinhaModinha
Time OutTime Out
Self-Produced

More places to buy LIFE LINE PROJECT music online Buy LIFE LINE PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LIFE LINE PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LIFE LINE PROJECT 20 Years After ratings distribution

LIFE LINE PROJECT 20 Years After reviews

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
5 stars A couple weeks before it's release, my good friend Erik de Beer sent me a copy of LIFE LINE PROJECT'S latest release called 20 Years After, but as usual I decided to wait until the album reached the stores in order to review it with some perspective and after several listens, and must say that this guys are improving each day, this is for sure their best album after Distorted Memories, which was a perfect 5 in my scorecard.

The album is opened by the frenetic There's a Crowd in which Erik has the chance to impress us with one of his almost trademarked Moog solos. It's obvious for the listener that this time the music is influenced by ELP, but with enough own characteristics to make it sound completely original, specially in the more melodic parts. It's always risky to start a long album with an instrumental, but being that the rest of the album is essentially vocal, it's a good option.

After a strong opening, comes Worries and things keep getting better, in first place it's always a pleasure to listen the unusual voice of Marion Brinkman-Stroetinga, and better if enhanced by a Baroque inspired piano and constant radical changes, this is the kind of music that a Symphonic Proghead wants to listen, elaborate, complex but full of memorable tunes. A special mention to Dineke Visser and her magic oboe. The pompous and dramatic 20 Years After works as an introduction to the main theme, and Erik allows himself to fall in the excesses that we love so much. We can listen several Moog, organ, harpsichord and Mellotron emulator solos that capture our passion for any instrument that has a keyboard. Really impressive, the peak of the album?.So far?.

Now it's time for The True Tale of Duplo the Equivalent, a 60 minutes and 14 parts epic that solves the question I have been asking myself about that little one eyed man with green hair that we can see so often in the LIFE LINE PROJECT sites?.Well, the story is told in a simple way but clear enough to understand the criticism towards the extremes of the political spectrum.

"Duplo" lives in the boring town of "Equivalencia", where everybody looks the same, has the same things and make the same work (One day they dig holes, the other they fill them), all have one eye, because they are allowed to have only one point of view. One day at work "Duplo" falls from a cliff and ends in a state called "Ridicula" where he finds the true love with "Unica", a young woman with two eyes who lives in a town full of hollow people obsessed with fashion and uniqueness, after some time "Duplo" becomes the flavor of the month, everybody begins to paint their hair green and even poke the left eye to look like the cool little man. At the end the couple move to a town where they are allowed to be themselves.

Unlike most Prog bands who place special emphasis in poetry and complex concepts, Erik de Beer has a different method,. Makes things simple enough to be understood without problem and goes directly to the point?.Simple and effective??..But this can only be said about the lyrics, because the music is a different story, during the more than 60 minutes of epics we can listen different moods, styles and flavors, the band moves from one genre to another (God even classic 50's Rock), from drama to frenzy and marvelous acoustic sections with Chitarrone and acoustic guitars, with the effective support of Ludo de Murlanos in the percussion and a competent team of musicians that combine orchestral with rock instruments?It's better to listen it than to talk about, so will shut up and allow the listener to have his own impression?Will just say that couldn't find a weak moment and was able to listen the whole hour without interruption several times, being that the Erik has managed to create a different tune for every character, location and situation. Really captivating.

Those of us who know Erik de Beer are familiar with his small Baroque orchestra called "Tempesta Consorte", so the marvelous adaptation of the 17th Century Italian Folk Song "Fuggi Détente Cuore" which the band called One Night in Mantua wasn't a surprise, but I'm sure most casual listeners will not expect the bonus track. In this grand finale, the musicians manage to blend the delicacy of late Peninsular Renaissance and Heavy Prog plethoric of Moog and distorted guitars, simply delightful.

It's always hard to rate an album released by a friend, because it's easy to fall in favoritism, but easier to be unfair with a good job to seem absolutely impartial?.Well, I believe that any rating bellow 4.5 stars would be unfair, but the system of Prog Archives only allows us to give full stars, so will go with 5 stars because I rather go higher than lower, and will also give a strong recommendation for fans of great music.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#857681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 12, 2012

5 stars When I looked at the booklet I thought, hey another humoristic story spoiling the music, but after having listened several times to this new album of the little known Dutch band Life Line Project, I had to admit, that the music is just great. Here we have a band with a true original sound, str ... (read more)

Report this review (#906470) | Posted by Sawtooth (Jaws) | Tuesday, February 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Erik de Beer knows like no other to make difficult music sound simple, fluent and natural. The hardest synthesizer, piano and guitar runs sound natural and smooth. The same goes for the themes and chord progressions he exposes in his songs. The often very elaborate arrangements make his compos ... (read more)

Report this review (#876707) | Posted by Whistler | Monday, December 17, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of my favourites of 2012. Album number eight by the Dutch Life Line Project contains a one hour lasting rock epic, called "The True Tale Of Duplo The Equivalent", a story full of humour and beautiful symphonic themes. Not a complicated story of interstellar conflicts and incomprehensible futuris ... (read more)

Report this review (#872754) | Posted by Izabelle | Friday, December 07, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Right in the opening track "Three's A Crowd" played as a trio, the band show their analogue muscles. After a short introduction on polyphonic synths, the screaming and fat sounding Moogs batter and tear up your eardrums, only accompanied in a simple but effective way by the bass and drums. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#871969) | Posted by oscillator11(J.M.) | Wednesday, December 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The title "20 Years After", by the Dutch LIFE LINE PROJECT, suggests that we might have to deal with a compilation disc, but nothing is less true. The title track "20 Years After", a short, almost 4 minutes lasting frenetic composition, revealing all instrumental skills of the band, seems to ref ... (read more)

Report this review (#870340) | Posted by ProgPanda 2/71 | Monday, December 03, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This week I bought the latest album of Life Line Project. I think the title refers to two things: The title track '20 Years After' refers to the Alexandre Dumas novel of the same name, but this album also contains the definite recording of 'The True Tale Of Duplo The Equivalent'. In the early ni ... (read more)

Report this review (#860075) | Posted by Dutchman | Friday, November 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LIFE LINE PROJECT "20 Years After"