ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA

Dweezil Zappa

Dweezil Zappa Zappa Plays Zappa album cover

Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA Music
Live, released in 2008

1. Tell Me You Love Me (2:38)
2. Florentine Pogen (9:50)
3. Cheepnis (4:40)
4. Cosmik Debris (5:45)
5. I'm the Slime (5:32)
6. Don't Eat the Yellow Snow (2:11)
7. St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast (1:51)
8. Father O'Blivion (3:16)
9. The Black Page, Pt. 2 (4:06)
10. Peaches en Regalia (3:15)
11. Zomby Woof (7:04)
12. The Torture Never Stops (12:58)

Total time 63:06

Special guests:
- Steve Vai / guitar
- Terry Bozzio / drums, vocals
- Napoleon Murphy Brock / vocals, sax, flute

Recorded live in 2006 at the Roseland Theater, Portland on December 21 and at the Paramount Theater in Seattle on December 22

CD Razor & Tie Entertainment (2008)

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition

DWEEZIL ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa Music

Return Of The Son Of...Return Of The Son Of...
Razor & Tie 2010
ConfessionsConfessions
Barking Pumpkin Records 1991
AutomaticAutomatic
Favored Nations 2000
Dweezil Zappa Havin' A Bad Day CD Rare No Bar Code 1986 RYKODISC release Frank US $74.99 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-MY GUITAR WANTS TO YOUR MAMA;NEW SEALED REISSUE LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 3h 44m
A Perfect Circle, Linkin Park, Lisa Loeb & Dweezil Zappa, Mest - U.S. PROMO cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 5h 11m
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - Havin' A Bad Day MEGARARE INDIE AOR WINGER FATE US $139.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m
Dweezil Zappa: My Guitar wants to kill your Mama A1/B1 LP US $11.68 Buy It Now 1 day
DWEEZIL ZAPPA MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA SEALED LP US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fresh Cuts v/a Vol.1 *New* Public Enemy Dweezil Zappa Guitar Center 2007 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dweezil Zappa Lot of Rare CDs / Havin' A Bad Day / Live - 'In The Moment' US $30.00 [0 bids]
Zappa Plays Zappa [PA] by Dweezil Zappa/Zappa Plays Zappa (CD, Apr-2008,... US $15.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Dweezil Zappa Havin' A Bad Day vinyl LP album record USA ST74204 US $32.73 Buy It Now 1 day
DWEEZIL ZAPPA**MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA**VINYL US $10.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad day on Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To LP Record 1988 PROMO US $13.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Zappa Plays Zappa [Box] [CD & DVD] by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Apr-2008, 5 Discs,... US $125.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA-NEW LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Dweezil Zappa/Havin A Bad Day (Sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dweezil Zappa - MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA - US Signed Nasty Bizness LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES TRIBUTE CD NEW JOHN WETTON STEVE LUKATHER DWEEZIL ZAPPA GLENN HUGHES US $5.14 Buy It Now 4 days
Zappa Plays Zappa - by Dweezil Zappa/Zappa Plays Zappa - 2 DVD- 3 CD US $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA HAVIN' A BAD DAY ST-74204 LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa-Havin' A Bad Day-LP-Chrysalis-BFV 41581-OG Sleeve Lyrics-NM-Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
GUMBY green CD frank SINTATRA Jr dweezil ZAPPA jonathan RICHMAN ricj SCHULMAN US $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA havin' a bad day LP Mint- BFV 41581 Vinyl 1986 Record US $24.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA my guitar wants to kill your mama LP VG+ BFV 41633 Vinyl 1988 US $16.80 Buy It Now 5 days
MC Hammer - Pray PROMO 3TRACK SINGLE 1990 THE TEAM ACE JUICE DWEEZIL ZAPPA 2PAC US $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Dweezil Zappa - Havin a Bad Day - Promo LP US $42.50 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin A Bad Day 1986 LP US $10.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Jellybean Benitez Just Visiting This Planet Promo Autographed w/ Dweezil Zappa US $7.99 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA (1988) My guitar wants to kill your mama SEALED US $12.60 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA (1988) My guitar wants to kill your mama "PROMOTIONAL COPY" US $12.60 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama SEALED Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA (1988) My guitar wants to kill your mama US $10.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Dweezil Zappa - HAVIN' A BAD DAY - US Signed Electric Hoedown Pirate Song LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dweezil Zappa ex LP Having a Bad Day US $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Dweezil Zappa ex LP My Guitar Wants to Kill your Mama US $5.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Don Johnson Heartbeat 1986 LP Stevie Ray Vaughan Dweezil Zappa Dickey Betts US $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
item DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day PROMO Lp US $8.56 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama... vinyl LP album record UK US $32.41 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa/Fernandes guitars-1994 magazine advert US $8.53 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa/Peavey amps-2002 magazine advert US $8.53 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa Rare Authentic Hand Signed Vinyl Lp Record Havin' A Bad Day 1986 US $199.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa Rare Signed Vinyl Lp Record My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama 1987 US $199.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa -Havin' A Bad Day 1986 Vintage Vinyl LP_Barking Pumpkin Records US $3.00 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - Confessions - 1991 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.70 Buy It Now 8 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA ORIGINAL LP MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA.... / VG+ TO VG++ US $3.95 Buy It Now 9 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama - 1988 Magazine Advert Poster US $7.70 Buy It Now 9 days
Extreme Music Production library CLASSIC ROCK MAD N-Mint CD XCD109 dweezil zappa US $16.25 [0 bids]
Extreme Music Production library NU ACOUSTIC TWO N-Mint CD XCD117 dweezil zappa US $16.25 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa - RETURN OF THE SON OF... - US 2 CD New US $16.99 [0 bids]
Zappa Plays Zappa, DVD, Dweezil Zappa, US $61.65 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE DWEEZIL ZAPPA 2 CASSETTE LOT HAVIN A BAD DAY MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW NEW CD US $20.13 Buy It Now 9 days
Dweezil Zappa "Havin' A Bad Day" Original LP Near Mint US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - RETURN OF THE SON OF... [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 10 days
Zappa Plays Zappa - Dweezil Zappa New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.87 Buy It Now 10 days
Frank Zappa and Dweezil Zappa~Sharleena~Unplayed 1987 Guitar Player Soundpage US $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Fat Boys Wipeout NM 12" Rap Single Beach Boys Dweezil Zappa Tin Pan Apple US $14.90 Buy It Now 10 days
DWEEZIL Zappa Havin' A Bad Day vinyl LP 1986 Barking Pumpkin Records VG+ US $8.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA You're a Mean one Mister Grinch CHRISTMAS PROMO DJ CD Single Frank US $34.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Dweezil Zappa "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama" Still Sealed LP USA Vinyl US $29.95 Buy It Now 11 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-MY GUITAR WANTS KILL YOUR MAMA NEW SEALED LP US $13.98 Buy It Now 12 days
DWEEZIL(ZAPPA)-a-(45)-MY MOTHER IS A SPACE CADET/CRUNCHY WATER - BARKING PUMPKIN US $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Dweezil Zappa You're A Mean One Mister Grinch CD Single Promo US $3.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA**RETURN OF THE SON OF (180 GRAM)**3 VINYL SET US $50.22 Buy It Now 12 days
FIONA Heart Like A Gun '89 JAPAN 1ST CD 22P2 OOP FEMALE AOR WINGER Dweezil US $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa You're A Mean One Mr Grinch 1 Track Promo Christmas CD Single 2000 US $9.98 Buy It Now 13 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW - NEW CD US $9.59 Buy It Now 13 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To KIll Your Mama LP NEW ROCK VINYL US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - RETURN OF THE SON OF NEW CD US $26.28 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa-chrsalis-My Guitar wants -your mama SS US $20.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa-Havin a bad day Sealed US $20.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa - Return Of The Son Of CD US $20.79 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa - Go With What You Know CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 13 days
Return Of The Son Of..., Dweezil Zappa, New US $18.19 Buy It Now 13 days
Zappa's Universe w/Mike Keneally Steve Vai Dweezil Zappa US $12.70 Buy It Now 14 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA HAVIN' A BAD DAY BMG MUSIC ISSUE VG++ HEAR IT US $11.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Dweezil Zappa-1995 magazine advert US $8.53 Buy It Now 15 days
Dweezil Zappa automatic CD SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 15 days
SEALED 1988 DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants to Kill LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa - Z - Music For Pets CD - Zappa Records 1996 US $20.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa - Z - Shampoo Horn CD - Barking Pumpkin Records 1994 US $11.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa ?- My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama... LP Vinyl BFV41633 US $7.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa : Go With What You Know CD (2006) US $10.00 Buy It Now 16 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama ~ VINYL LP US PRESS US $7.68 Buy It Now 16 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day PROMO Lp US $8.56 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA: My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 17 days
BRAND NEW Dweezil Zappa MINT 12" LP My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama SS SEALED US $24.98 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill CUT OUT LP NEW US $17.08 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA 'HAVIN' A BAD DAY' US IMPORT LP US $13.66 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama LP 1988 US $9.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Dweezil Zappa 1988 LP Vinyl NM PROMO In Shrink My Guitar Wants To Kill Yo US $9.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Return of the Son of... by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Jun-2010, 2 Discs, Razor US $13.53 Buy It Now 18 days
Go with What You Know by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Oct-2006, Zappa Records (USA)) US $9.61 Buy It Now 18 days
Todd Rundgren & Friends - Greatest Classics (CD) NEW Edgar Winter Dweezil Zappa US $11.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Zappa Plays Zappa [Box] [CD & DVD] by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Apr-2008, 5 Discs,... US $99.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Dweezil Zappa, My Guitar wants to Kill your Mama.., 1988 Chrysalis "Sealed" US $19.00 Buy It Now 20 days
"HAVIN' A BAD DAY" DWEEZIL ZAPPA CASSETTE VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Dweezil Zappa - My Guitar Wants... - Rock LP SEALED US $15.99 Buy It Now 20 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Barking Pumpkin "Havin A Bad Day" LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 20 days

More places to buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA music online Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DWEEZIL ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa ratings distribution

DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars The same year that Dweezil Zappa release what is still at this time his last album of his own music (and in my opinion, his best), he embarked on the daunting task of keeping his father's music alive by fronting a touring band called "Zappa plays Zappa". My fear at the time was that Dweezil would take the easy route, and avoid the more challenging works of Frank. I have since been to three ZPZ concerts, and I am happy to say that my fears were unfounded.

This album was recorded early on in ZPZ's existance, and the band is still finding it's way. While the musicians are exceptionally competent at recreating the music of Frank, some of the pieces are just a tiny bit, but still noticably slower than Dad's band would play them. Also, the songs as played here could be found almost note for note on Frank's albums. The true joy of a Zappa concert was the "eyebrows", the little changes and improvs the musicians would add to each number.

Despite the above comments, the performance is very nice. Steve Vai plays an exceptional and very weird solo on Zomby Woof. Terry Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock add some familiar voices. And Scheila Gonzales shows a bit a the amazing talent she has come to deliver in more recent performances.

Another disappointing note: when playing the Don't Eat Yellow Snow Suite, Dweezil edits the first section down, similar to the single that once received airplay, and completely skips Nanook Rubs It.

But just to have a Zappa out there performing this material was a plus.

3.5 stars, that I will round up.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#949119) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post a review of DWEEZIL ZAPPA "Zappa Plays Zappa"