ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA

Dweezil Zappa

Dweezil Zappa Zappa Plays Zappa album cover

Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA Music
Live, released in 2008

1. Tell Me You Love Me (2:38)
2. Florentine Pogen (9:50)
3. Cheepnis (4:40)
4. Cosmik Debris (5:45)
5. I'm the Slime (5:32)
6. Don't Eat the Yellow Snow (2:11)
7. St Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast (1:51)
8. Father O'Blivion (3:16)
9. The Black Page, Pt. 2 (4:06)
10. Peaches en Regalia (3:15)
11. Zomby Woof (7:04)
12. The Torture Never Stops (12:58)

Total time 63:06

Special guests:
- Steve Vai / guitar
- Terry Bozzio / drums, vocals
- Napoleon Murphy Brock / vocals, sax, flute

Recorded live in 2006 at the Roseland Theater, Portland on December 21 and at the Paramount Theater in Seattle on December 22

CD Razor & Tie Entertainment (2008)

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition

DWEEZIL ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa Music

Zappa Plays ZappaZappa Plays Zappa
Razor & Tie Entertainment 2008
Return Of The Son Of...Return Of The Son Of...
Razor & Tie 2010
Food For Thought 2009
AutomaticAutomatic
Favored Nations 2000
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day PROMO Lp US $8.56 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Dweezil Zappa - Havin A bad day - 1986 Barking pumpkin lp st74204 W/ Insert US $9.79 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA: My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 19m
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill CUT OUT LP NEW US $16.59 Buy It Now 1 day
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama LP 1988 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dweezil Zappa 1988 LP Vinyl NM PROMO In Shrink My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAND NEW Dweezil Zappa MINT 12" LP My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama SS SEALED US $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Dweezil Zappa, 12" PROMO, RARE, "My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama", Frank Zappa US $5.95 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Mother Is A Space Cadet 45 (PS) (NM-) FRANK ZAPPA US $7.24 [0 bids]
Return of the Son of... by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Jun-2010, 2 Discs, Razor US $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Dweezil Zappa-Havin' A Bad Day-LP-Chrysalis-BFV 41581-OG Sleeve Lyrics-NM-Vinyl US $3.77 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa-My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama-LP-OG Sleeve-Lyrics-Near Mint US $3.77 [0 bids]
Go with What You Know by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Oct-2006, Zappa Records (USA)) US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Zappa Plays Zappa [Box] [CD & DVD] by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Apr-2008, 5 Discs,... US $89.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jellybean Benitez Just Visiting This Planet Promo Autographed w/ Dweezil Zappa US $7.99 [0 bids]
Rare 1987 Sealed Promo Dweezil Zappa My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama Cassette US $9.00 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa, My Guitar wants to Kill your Mama.., 1988 Chrysalis "Sealed" US $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
"HAVIN' A BAD DAY" DWEEZIL ZAPPA CASSETTE VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dweezil Zappa - My Guitar Wants... - Rock LP SEALED US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
dweezil zappa live in the moment cd autographed just opened to copy rock US $35.00 [1 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Barking Pumpkin "Havin A Bad Day" LP US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-HAVIN' A BAD DAY-ROCK LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA "MY MOTHER IS A SPACE CADET" PROMO LP VINYL AS 1579 US $0.99 [0 bids]
DON JOHNSON HEART BEAT EPIC 1986 STEVIE RAY RON WOOD DWEEZIL ZAPPA LP NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - HAVIN' A BAD DAY - BARKING PUMPKIN - SEALED LP US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA 45-" MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA " -CHS3247 US $4.98 [0 bids]
Dweezil Zappa My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama... UK vinyl LP album record US $22.75 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1171-2 US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA original 10x8 promo press photo photograph 1171-1 US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA my guitar wants to kill your mama LP 10 track sleeve has deletion US $10.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Dweezil Zappa-My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama-LP-OG Sleeve-Lyrics-Near Mint US $10.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Dweezil Zappa-Havin' A Bad Day-LP-Chrysalis-BFV 41581-OG Sleeve Lyrics-NM-Vinyl US $10.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Automatic by Dweezil Zappa Cd NEW and SEALED - Ships from the US US $11.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Return of the Son of - Dweezil Zappa New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.23 Buy It Now 4 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - RETURN OF THE SON OF... [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Dweezil Zappa, LP, "Havin' A Bad Day", Orig 1st US Press, Chrysalis 1986, ZAPPA US $11.99 [0 bids]
item DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day PROMO Lp US $8.56 [0 bids]
TODD RUNDGREN And His Friends cd VG Tony Levin Dweezil Zappa Steve Lukather US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Dweezil Zappa - My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama [Vinyl New] US $15.64 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama CHRYSALIS 1988 US $14.93 Buy It Now 6 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA NEW VINYL US $21.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Frank Zappa and Dweezil Zappa~Sharleena~Unplayed 1987 Guitar Player Soundpage US $3.00 [0 bids]
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-"HAVIN' A BAD DAY"-DEBUT 1986 LP-NM VINYL IN SHRINK-PROD. BY FRANK US $8.99 [0 bids]
GUMBY green CD frank SINTATRA Jr dweezil ZAPPA jonathan RICHMAN ricj SCHULMAN US $44.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Return Of The Son Of..., Dweezil Zappa, New US $18.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Dweezil Zappa Go with What You Know (CD) NEW Sealed US $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Havin' A Bad Day Dweezil Zappa USA vinyl LP album record ST74204 US $26.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Ready To Rumble Soundtrack CD Promo Offspring Kid Rock Ahmet & Dweezil Zappa US $9.00 Buy It Now 7 days
FRESH CUTS-Vol.1-Public Enemy-DWEEZIL ZAPPA/Anne Ramsey/MODICO-Guitar Center Cd US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Dweezil Zappa "My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama" 12" SIngle PROMO US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Automatic by Dweezil Zappa CD like New US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA:HAVIN A BAD DAY,1986,US ISSUE,CHRYSALIS,EX US $13.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa - My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama Vinyl Record LP US $18.19 Buy It Now 8 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA. HAVIN' A BAD DAY. LYRICS INSERT. BARKING PUMPKIN. 1986. METAL. US $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Dweezil Zappa - Guitar Wants To Kill Mama - SEALED LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
The Fat Boys Wipeout NM 12" Rap Single Beach Boys Dweezil Zappa Tin Pan Apple US $14.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Return of the Son of... by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Jun-2010, 2 Discs, Razor US $19.37 Buy It Now 9 days
Steve Vai, Kyuss, Stryper, Anthrax, Dweezil Zappa - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA - AUTOMATIC - SEALED CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Confessions by Dweezil Zappa (CD, 1991, Barking Pumpkin)BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dweezil Zappa "Havin A Bad Day" 1986 Rock LP, VG+, w/ Insert, Barking Pumpkin US $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
GUMBY CD Dweezil Zappa Moon Unit SLY & ROBBIE Jonathan Richman BRAVE COMBO 1989 US $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
READY TO RUMBLE: OFFSPRING,RUN D.M.C.,DWEEZIL ZAPPA,MOTLEY CRUE,PAPA ROACH++ US $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RARE DWEEZIL ZAPPA "MY GUITAR" PROMO 12" SINGLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dweezil Zappa - Havin A Bad Day LP Barking Pumpkin Records ST-74204 Vinyl Record US $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Dweezil Zappa - Havin' A Bad Day 1986 Cassette Hard Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My guitar wants to kill your mama Vinyl LP 1988 CHR1633 US $14.93 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa Shampoo Horn US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
A Perfect Circle, Linkin Park, Lisa Loeb & Dweezil Zappa, Mest - U.S. PROMO cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 13 days
Dweezil Zappa - My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama Personally Autographed inc COA US $59.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Dweezil Zappa: My Guitar wants to kill your Mama A1/B1 LP US $11.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Fresh Cuts v/a Vol.1 *New* Public Enemy Dweezil Zappa Guitar Center 2007 US $11.04 Buy It Now 14 days
Zappa Plays Zappa [PA] by Dweezil Zappa/Zappa Plays Zappa (CD, Apr-2008,... US $14.91 Buy It Now 15 days
Dweezil Zappa Havin' A Bad Day vinyl LP album record USA ST74204 US $32.73 Buy It Now 15 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA**MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA**VINYL US $10.50 Buy It Now 15 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To LP Record 1988 PROMO US $13.60 Buy It Now 15 days
Zappa Plays Zappa [Box] [CD & DVD] by Dweezil Zappa (CD, Apr-2008, 5 Discs,... US $125.00 Buy It Now 16 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA-MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA-NEW LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa/Havin A Bad Day (Sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa - MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA - US Signed Nasty Bizness LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Dweezil Zappa 45 dj w/ps LET'S TALK ABOUT IT / ELECTRIC HOEDOWN inst.~VG+to VG++ US $6.97 Buy It Now 17 days
THE BEATLES TRIBUTE CD NEW JOHN WETTON STEVE LUKATHER DWEEZIL ZAPPA GLENN HUGHES US $4.74 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA MY GUITAR WANTS TO KILL YOUR MAMA IMPORT PEACOCK 3116 CASSETTE US $14.95 Buy It Now 17 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA havin' a bad day LP Mint- BFV 41581 Vinyl 1986 Record US $24.00 Buy It Now 18 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA my guitar wants to kill your mama LP VG+ BFV 41633 Vinyl 1988 US $16.80 Buy It Now 18 days
Dweezil Zappa - Havin a Bad Day - Promo LP US $42.50 Buy It Now 19 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin A Bad Day 1986 LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 19 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA (1988) My guitar wants to kill your mama SEALED US $12.60 Buy It Now 19 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA (1988) My guitar wants to kill your mama "PROMOTIONAL COPY" US $12.60 Buy It Now 19 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad Day Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 20 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama SEALED Vinyl LP Record Album US $14.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Dweezil Zappa - HAVIN' A BAD DAY - US Signed Electric Hoedown Pirate Song LP US $199.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Dweezil Zappa ex LP Having a Bad Day US $8.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Dweezil Zappa ex LP My Guitar Wants to Kill your Mama US $5.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Confessions, Dweezil Zappa (Barking Pumpkins Records) BRAND NEW Sealed Cassette US $10.00 Buy It Now 20 days
DWEEZIL ZAPPA Havin' A Bad day on Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Don Johnson Heartbeat 1986 LP Stevie Ray Vaughan Dweezil Zappa Dickey Betts US $4.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Dweezil Zappa/Fernandes guitars-1994 magazine advert US $8.29 Buy It Now 21 days
Dweezil Zappa/Peavey amps-2002 magazine advert US $8.29 Buy It Now 21 days
Go With What You Know - Dweezil Zappa New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.07 Buy It Now 21 days

More places to buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA music online Buy DWEEZIL ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DWEEZIL ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa ratings distribution

DWEEZIL ZAPPA Zappa Plays Zappa reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars The same year that Dweezil Zappa release what is still at this time his last album of his own music (and in my opinion, his best), he embarked on the daunting task of keeping his father's music alive by fronting a touring band called "Zappa plays Zappa". My fear at the time was that Dweezil would take the easy route, and avoid the more challenging works of Frank. I have since been to three ZPZ concerts, and I am happy to say that my fears were unfounded.

This album was recorded early on in ZPZ's existance, and the band is still finding it's way. While the musicians are exceptionally competent at recreating the music of Frank, some of the pieces are just a tiny bit, but still noticably slower than Dad's band would play them. Also, the songs as played here could be found almost note for note on Frank's albums. The true joy of a Zappa concert was the "eyebrows", the little changes and improvs the musicians would add to each number.

Despite the above comments, the performance is very nice. Steve Vai plays an exceptional and very weird solo on Zomby Woof. Terry Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock add some familiar voices. And Scheila Gonzales shows a bit a the amazing talent she has come to deliver in more recent performances.

Another disappointing note: when playing the Don't Eat Yellow Snow Suite, Dweezil edits the first section down, similar to the single that once received airplay, and completely skips Nanook Rubs It.

But just to have a Zappa out there performing this material was a plus.

3.5 stars, that I will round up.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#949119) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 25, 2013

Post a review of DWEEZIL ZAPPA "Zappa Plays Zappa"