ONE MORE SLICE

Fruitcake One More Slice album cover

Buy FRUITCAKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. The Joke (8:05)
2. Spirit Of This Day (5:13)
3. Hell's Kitchen (7:50)
4. Between Reality And Dream(6:49)
5. Have A Slice (6:25)
6. Somewhat Late For Supper (7:59)
7. Final Signals (7:57)
8. Just Another Weird Vector (7:11)

Search FRUITCAKE One More Slice lyrics

Search FRUITCAKE One More Slice tabs

- Pal Sovik / drums, vocals
- Helge Skaarseth / keyboards, mandolin
- Robert Hauge / guitars, back vocals
- Olav Nygard / bass, pedals

CD CYCLOPS CYCL 057 (1997) UK

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

FRUITCAKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRUITCAKE One More Slice Music

Cyclops Records 1995
One More SliceOne More Slice
Cyclops Records 1998
Audio CD$58.90 (used)
anna marina / moanin the blues 45 rpm singleanna marina / moanin the blues 45 rpm single
PBR
My Feet Won't Move / You Cheer Me UpMy Feet Won't Move / You Cheer Me Up
EMI, EMI
Vinyl$23.95 (used)
Tim & Willy's Fruitcake 2000 US $4.95 Buy It Now 21h 16m
Fruitcake Superbeing - Electronically Challenged Blue (2001) - Used - Compa US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fruitcake With Nuts, John Baumgardner & The Paper Dol,Excellent, CD w/Slipcase,A US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
FRUITCAKE WITH NUTS BY JOHN BAUMGARDNER & THE PAPER DOLL BAPTISTS (CD, J. BOMB) US $4.95 [0 bids]
FRUITCAKE-FRUITCAKE II-JAPAN CD E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days
FRUITCAKE: PATTY LANE / STORY OF LIFE. 7" RECORD. US $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from Texas, Fruitcake-Superbeing, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Fruitcake CD Room For Surprise OOP rare US $44.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SABINA DHAND heaven 12" 3 trk radio mix (sab03) uk fruitcake 1993 US $8.53 Buy It Now 10 days
Lot of 8 JIMMY BUFFETT CDs - Banana Wind, Fruitcake, Two on One, US $21.24 Buy It Now 10 days
JOAN SMALLWOOD & VELTONES: Nutty As A Fruitcake (vocal groups vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Fruitcake ?- Patty Lane / Story Of Life US orig' Skin Graft 7" w/comic book 1992 US $7.99 Buy It Now 13 days
FRUITCAKE (Benny Maan, Rob Taekema) - 2 JAPAN 1st CD OBI 1984 VDP-30 YEN3500 US $35.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Fruitcake ~ 2/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet US $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
JAPAN LP FRUITCAKE OBI INSERT DUTCH JAZZ FUNK FUSION US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
FRUITCAKE - S/T : LP w/Obi : Japan Victor VIJ-6401 : Dutch Jazz Funk, Fusion US $25.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Fruitcake-Superbeing Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from CD US $3.96 Buy It Now 17 days
CD Electronically-Challenged Blues Hop from Texas Fruitcake-Superbeing US $4.00 Buy It Now 18 days
FRUITCAKE 3 SUMMER REMINISCENCE JAPAN CD OBI 3200yen VDJ BENNY BAAN ROB TAEKEMA US $79.99 Buy It Now 20 days
FRUITCAKE -- 1993 Skin Graft 7" w/comic book -- "Patty Lane" b/w "Story of Life" US $3.98 Buy It Now 21 days
F**K THAT WEAK sh*t VOL.1 various 7" 4 track sampler feat. fruitcake/no tomorrow US $8.53 Buy It Now 22 days
Tim & Willy's Fruitcake 2000 US $5.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Fruitcake ~ 3/ Japan LP/ Sheet Promo US $19.99 Buy It Now 22 days
BILENGVALL Christmas Fruitcake Makes Me Puke Rudolph Got a DUI Sued by SANTA US $9.94 Buy It Now 24 days
FRUITCAKE Patty Lane b/w Story of Life 7" vinyl Comic Book/Record Set Skin Graft US $6.95 Buy It Now 24 days
Fruitcake-Patty Lane/Story Of Life 7"-SKIN GRAFT RECORDS LABEL-RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $13.66 Buy It Now 25 days
Countess Fruit Cake Holiday Record~General Baking Co~Christmas Fruitcake US $12.79 Buy It Now 25 days
John Baumgardner & The Paper Doll Baptis Fruitcake With Nuts CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 28 days
fruitcake creeping & peeping 7" limited edition sleeve US $17.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy FRUITCAKE music online Buy FRUITCAKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRUITCAKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRUITCAKE One More Slice ratings distribution

FRUITCAKE One More Slice reviews

3 stars The biggest change from the last album("Room For Surprise") to this one is bringing in a new guitarist who really takes a greater role than the last guitarist did. Not much of a comparison really as he offers up many solos throughout this record. There is a new keyboardist as well, but they sound the same to me. The songs are longer overall on this one. So I should like this one better than the last, but I don't. "Room For Surprise" had this innocence about it, this naivity that really one my heart over. The cover art is again brilliant. It's the kind of cover I just look at until I say no, that's not possible.

"The Joke" opens with marching style drums with synths coming in after a minute. Some surprisingly aggressive guitar before vocals and a calm arrive with piano.The lyrics are about a soldier, a topic that was prominant on "Room For Surprise". A nice guitar melody 5 minutes in with mellotron a minute later. Scorching guitar 7 1/2 minutes in. "Spirit Of This Day" is slower paced with intricate guitar melodies. Not a fan although it changes 2 minutes in as the drums pound and the guitar solos. The intro melody returns to end it. "Hell's Kitchen" features lots of synths.This one is all over the place actually. Some excellent guitar followed by spoken words 3 minutes in, then some brief heaviness. Mellotron comes and goes. Some great guitar before 6 minutes goes on and on.

"Between Reality And Dream" has a catchy beat to it as the drums and bass are relentless. Mellotron after 3 1/2 minutes followed by a keyboard melody. Yes the bass is still throbbing. "Have A Slice" is one of my favs. It sounds better once it gets going though. Some solid drumming with a synth interlude 4 1/2 minutes in. The drums and guitar shine a minute later. "Somewhat Late For Supper" is an instrumental and my favourite song on here. This sounds really good. Killer guitar especially late 7 minutes in. "Final Signals" is another good one with mellotron and some raw guitar. "Just Another Weird Vector" opens with mellotron and vocals. Synths then lead the way before guitar stands out 3 minutes in. The bass is prominant a minute later.

These guys from Norway again offer up their unique take on progressive music. Well done. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#169620) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 02, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars There are some good songs featured on this ''Fruitcake'' album.

They are still playing their basic neo-prog style music, but this time it is by no doubt superior to their previous albums. The ''Genesis'' background is still there but at the end of the day, this is the basics of the genre. Still, the ''Watcher's'' effect is quite predictable (''The Joke'').

Needless to say that their lead vocalist is not the greatest one I have ever heard.Fortunately, keys and guitar are quite fine.

It is a bit of a pity since a more focussed search for a good vocalist could have lead this band to other boundaries. As such, it just sounds as one out of many to be honest. No poor tracks indeed, but no jewels either (far from it, actually).

This album sounds as a total ''déjà vu'' feel. Some fine guitar breaks (noticeably during ''Spirit Of This Day'') are quite passable moments. But nothing more. Your opinion might be biased though if you happen to have just discovered this band.

When I listened first to their music (in 2003), I was really enthusiastic. But I have to admit that the more I listen to them, the least I believe they are essential. As I said earlier, just average.

There are few to none songs which could lead me to the prog Walhalla. Fine arrangements for sure, but that's it (''Between Reality and Dream'')! I guess that if you ever wanted to ''Have A Slice'' of Fruitcake, the title number will please you. Fine instrumental intro, unfortunately followed by some weak vocals. But we are used to this with ''Fruitcake''.

There are some good reasons to persevere though. Some of the last songs demonstrate that the band has some potential in terms of song writing and musicianship. I particularly like the positive intro from ''Somewhat Late for Supper'' and since this track is an all instrumental one, I can only be happy. One of the best from this album. This is a very emotional track. You might know that I am keen on such music.

Three stars (but ''Final Signals'' is best avoided).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#215227) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3 stars First of all I have to admit that this is the only FC album I have. Although I read in other reviews that their works are similar, I am intended to buy further ones. First, I think they do not play neo prog, seems much rather symphonic prog to me, I would change the category. The music is qui ... (read more)

Report this review (#59981) | Posted by Tandary | Saturday, December 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Fantastic album, dark and moving. If you value a good and creative rhythm section (bass and drums), this album is for you. The rest of the musicians are excellent as well. They have a very unique sound, if a little "Genesis". The singer has a mesmerizing voice. Have you ever heard an elf singi ... (read more)

Report this review (#58943) | Posted by | Friday, December 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRUITCAKE "One More Slice"