FROM THE POND

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Froggie Beaver From The Pond album cover

Buy FROGGIE BEAVER Music
Studio Album, released in 1973

1. Road To Tomorrow, Pt. 1 (0:51)
2. Lovely Lady (5:01)
3. Buy Back My Life (3:37)
4. Come To Believe (4:57)
5. Away From Home (9:48)
6. Just For You (6:38)
7. Road To Tomorrow, Pt. 2 (2:07)
Bonus Track
8. Movin' On (2:24)
9. Nothing For Me Here (2:50)
10. Visions Of My Life (4:18)
11. Bring My Children Home (4:57)
12. Janine In Somewhere Land (7:07)

Search FROGGIE BEAVER From The Pond lyrics

Search FROGGIE BEAVER From The Pond tabs

- John Troia / voices
- Ed Staszko / keyboards
- Rick Brown / drums, percussion
- John Fischer / guitars, bass

LP Froggie Beaver Records DSI7301 (1973)
CD reissued Gear Fab Records GF133 (1999)

Thanks to damoxt7942 for the addition

FROGGIE BEAVER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FROGGIE BEAVER From The Pond Music

From the PondFrom the Pond
Gear Fab Records 1999
Audio CD$190.31 (used)

More places to buy FROGGIE BEAVER music online Buy FROGGIE BEAVER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FROGGIE BEAVER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FROGGIE BEAVER From The Pond ratings distribution

FROGGIE BEAVER From The Pond reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
3 stars The impact of collision against a big froggie can throw you off this real world ... ?

FROGGIE BEAVER were a very obscure, short-lived rock outfit formed in Omaha, Nebraska around 1970. They released one and only album "From The Pond" on their own in 1973 - which might be much influenced by late 60s psychedelic rock and early 70s progressive rock like Procol Harum, Pink Floyd, or Moody Blues - and disappeared soon after that. The line-up creditted the album were John TROIA (voices), Ed STASZKO (keyboards), Rick BROWN (drums, percussion), and John FISCHER (guitars, bass). "From The Pond" could see the light as a reissued CD (with 5 bonus tracks - two 45 and three unreleased studio ones) via an independent label Gear Fab Records in 1999.

Certainly we could not have found such an impressing band FROGGIE BEAVER if Gear Fab Records reissued "From The Pond" as a CD medium. Although they have never been known at all except a fact they had only a self-released album, we easily can capture their serious music attitude and terrific technique, quality of their album. Catch the grand psychedelic wave via "Road To Tomorrow Pt. 1", impressive with the quiet acoustic guitar solo and the solid keyboard backing, and by the following track "Lovely Lady", a bit poppy but speedy and fully technical one, we can be trampled over like a pebble under a lady's heel. Ed's keyboard play is as aggressive and graceful as Rick of Symphonic Yes I always feel, and at the same time how powerful John's voices are ... contrary to this, in "Come To Believe" John can flexibly change his vocal style into something like a mysteriously tragic singer, in a persistent sticky slow-tempo ballad. "Away From Home", the masterpiece in this album, is completely a tranquil, easygoing, and simultaneously 'real' Space Rock just like Echoes by Pink Floyd ... dreamy, heavy, and drastically dramatic air flow cannot let us regret at all. As honestly I say, this is one of my favourite progressive rock songs. The next one "Just For You" can be thought as a simple Acid Folk, but in my humble opinion they should be fully-blown progressive outfit around early 1970s. So, let me say it's too sad for us to leave FROGGIE BEAVER alone, how do you think?

Gratitude for Froggie, such a wonderful (and remarkably unknown) creation.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#899735) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 26, 2013

Post a review of FROGGIE BEAVER "From The Pond"