ELEMENTS

- Anthony Brown / Keyboards
- Greg Putnam / Bass and Chapman stick
- Mark Zonder / Drums

Released on November 2012 at Lion Music

Thanks to b_olariu for the addition

SPEAKING TO STONES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPEAKING TO STONES Elements Music

ElementsElements
Lion Music Finland 2012
Elements Import Edition by Speaking to Stones (2012) Audio CDElements Import Edition by Speaking to Stones (2012) Audio CD
Lion Music Finland

More places to buy SPEAKING TO STONES music online Buy SPEAKING TO STONES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPEAKING TO STONES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPEAKING TO STONES Elements ratings distribution

SPEAKING TO STONES Elements reviews

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Tony Vinci needed almost 6 years to come with a second offer and expectations were high from me, but better late then never, Speaking to Stones released Elements in november 2012 their best album so far and one of the best prog metal albums from 2012. This is to my ears an impressive work from the head of the band Vinci, he put a lot of talent and skills here, he is just magnificent here. Tony Vinci has so far used different lineups for the two albums, the second lineup, featured on Elements, being the most solid and gifted formula so far featuring among others Andy Engberg on vocals from prog metal band Section A , Mark Zonder on drums from Fates Warning, I don't have to mention his prestation here, just listen and convinced yourself. Well ok the album and over all sound is killer to my ears. Complex and complicated passages, where the guitar of Vinci really shine and in duel with the keyboards the result is awesome. 5 pieces all of them long, elaborated where the prog metal elements are all over, each musician really did a great work. I don't know why this guitarist is so unknown world wide, because to me is one of the best I've hered from prog metal zone, is skillful has a great tone on guitar and above all his ideas, specially on this release is excellent. Speaking to Stones needs a far more recognition then has now, really fans of the genre must discover this band and specially Elements, one of the best prog metal albums from 2012 for sure. Easy 4 stars for this little treasure.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#916217) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars Color me surprised. I was not really expecting to like this new album from Speaking to Stones, entitled "Elements". I had heard their earlier self-titled effort, and I came away rather unimpressed. In fact, I've heard they even used a drum machine on that album. Yet, "Elements" has really captured my imagination. From the wonderful artwork to the interesting concept, this album really shows much potential.

Speaking to Stones has changed since their first album. Not only do they have a drummer now (Mark Zonder of Fates Warning), they also introduced a keyboard player (Anthony Brown) and a new singer (Andy Engberg). These are major changes, and it really shows. This is not the same band anymore. They now have some wonderful keyboard arrangements, rich vocals, ear-catching drums, and pulsating bass lines. The melody on this album is noteworthy, as the album is almost never devoid of it. Melody seems to have been a focus in the composition of "Elements", and the wonderful piano passages solidify that assertion. Of all the elements of this album, however, the guitar work really stands out the most. Again and again, I was blown away by the soulful, technical guitar passages that seem to be another real focus of this band.

"Elements" is a very well written album with a great elemental theme. The tracks are all quite long (none are shorter than 9 minutes), and the melodies seem very appropriate for the mood being conveyed. The titles of the tracks show the theme well, but it is the even deeper lyrical content that catches my ear. As far as I can tell, the album is somehow relating the human experience to the divine using the theme of the elements. This is something I look forward to investigating further as the musical accompaniment is so good.

The album does have some flaws, though. I did find the lyrics on "Fire" to be a little hokey, and some of the music does seem like rather standard prog. Yet, there are also wonderful high points, especially the amazing "Quinta Essentia" epic. I find that, overall, this is a very promising album with an array of wonderful musical and conceptual ideas and a rather glorious atmosphere throughout. I really do expect a true masterpiece from this band in the future.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1016771) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 11, 2013

Post a review of SPEAKING TO STONES "Elements"