MAJOR IMPACTS 2

Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Wooden Music (4:56)
2. Where Are You? (3:24)
3. Errol Smith (4:37)
4. Cool Wind, Green Hills (3:54)
5. Organically Grown (3:47)
6. 12 Strings on Carnaby St. (4:38)
7. Zig Zags (4:27)
8. Abracadab (4:12)
9. Tri County Barn Dance (3:50)
10. Air on a 6 String (2:20)
11. Motor City Spirit (3:00)
12. Ghost of the Bayou (3:05)
13. Leonard's Best (4:17)

Search STEVE MORSE BAND Major Impacts 2 lyrics

Search STEVE MORSE BAND Major Impacts 2 tabs

- Steve Morse / guitars, keyboard
- Dave LaRue / bass
- Van Romain / drums and percussion

Magna Carta #MAX-9070-2

STEVE MORSE BAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEVE MORSE BAND Major Impacts 2 Music

Steve Morse Band THE INTRODUCTION LP NM Elektra 60369 US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Steve Morse Band - STRESSFEST - US Dixie Dregs Rising Power Live To Ride CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 11h 16m
STEVE MORSE BAND w/Peter Frampton 1985 "Stand Up" LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Steve Morse Band - Coast to coast - CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND 12 INCH SINGLE-PROMO-CRUISE MISSILE US $7.00 [0 bids]
13h
? Steve Morse Band - The Introduction (Elektra Musician US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 19m
Coast to Coast- Steve Morse Band (CD, 1992, MCA (USA)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Coast to Coast by Steve Morse Band (CD, Jun-1992, MCA (USA)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND THE INTRODUCTION VINYL LP IN SHRINK ELEKTRA MUSICIAN US $3.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND - OUT STANDING IN THEIR FIELD - 199152ERE US $9.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Steve Morse Band "Coast To Coast" CD Deep Purple Dixie Dregs Kansas US $3.03 [2 bids]
Steve Morse Band The Introduction Cassette Tape in Case Complete US $4.99 [0 bids]
Structural Damage by Steve Morse Band (CD, Mar-1995, High Street) US $12.11 [0 bids]
Steve Morse Band, The Introduction US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Morse Band Structural Damage Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SEALED JAZZ FUSION CASSETTE TAPE STEVE MORSE BAND COAST TO COAST SEE ALL MUSIC US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - COAST TO COAST CD - STEVE MORSE - DEEP PURPLE GUITAR US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Morse Band - Stressfest - music cd album US $16.25 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE MORSE BAND-The Introduction US LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE MORSE BAND Introduction WEST GERMANY TARGET CD US $63.75 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE MORSE BAND Stand Up Dixie Dregs Deep Purple related MINT Lp US $7.26 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND the introduction LP Mint- E1-60369 Elektra 1984 Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Steve Morse Band-Lot of 2 Lps-Stand Up-The Introduction /Steve Morse Band/Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE MORSE BAND STAND UP VINYL LP RECORD Perfect DEEP PURPLE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Autographed Steve Morse Band by 3 members - "The Introduction" LP US $40.00 [0 bids]
Steve Morse Band - Stand Up - LP - Original Issue US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Steve Morse Band Stand Up Play Graded VG/VG+ Cover In Shrinkwrap Fusion Rock US $2.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Steve Morse Band - Coast to Coast CD - 2011 Remaster Digipak numbered edition US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Steve Morse Band - Southern Steel CD - 2011 Remaster Digipak numbered edition US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Steve Morse Band, The Introduction - Rare 1984 post-Dregs debut LP, Near Mint! US $3.29 [0 bids]
Steve Morse Band - SPLIT DECISION - US Heightened Awareness Back Porch CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVE MORSE BAND Structural damage CD EU 1995 high street (BUY 4 --- GET 5!) US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
STEVE MORSE BAND Stand Up Dixie Dregs Deep Purple related MINT Lp US $7.76 Buy It Now 4 days
"THE INTRODUCTION".....STEVE MORSE BAND....LP.....EXCELLENT CONDITION US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
US import STEVE MORSE BAND The Introduction CD Elektra 1984 Rare OOP US $29.88 Buy It Now 4 days
STEVE MORSE BAND-STAND UP/ ELEKTRA-60448-1/ 1985 US $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Steve Morse Band Stand Up LP NM/NM 1 owner 1985 E1 60448 US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STEVE MORSE BAND "SOUTHERN STEEL" ULTRA-RARE SEALED ORIGINAL JAPANESE PROMO CD! US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Steve Morse Band "The Introduction" Elektra 60369 '84 VG+ Deep Purple, Kansas US $5.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND Stress Fest BVCW-672 JAPAN CD n062 US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Coast to Coast by Steve Morse Band/Kansas/Dixie Dregs US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Steve Morse Band West Germany Target NM CD The Introduction 1st press 01 matrix US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STEVE MORSE BAND Stand Up Vinyl LP ELEKTRA 60448-1 US $24.48 Buy It Now 5 days
STEVE MORSE BAND The Introduction Vinyl LP Elektra 960 369-1 GERMANY US $24.48 Buy It Now 5 days
Steve Morse Band - STRUCTURAL DAMAGE - US Sacred Ground Slice of Time Promo CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Steve Morse Band - Southern Steel CD MCA US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - OUT STANDING IN THEIR FIELD DIGIPACK CD LIMITED EDITION US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Steve Morse Band * Southern Steel * (CD, Feb-1991, MCA) free ship USA lower 48 US $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Steve Morse Band - MAJOR IMPACTS 2 - US Dixie Dregs CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - STESSFEST, 2013 EU CD, NEW - SEALED! DEEP PURPLE US $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Steve Morse Band, "Stand Up" Promo album white label US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - THE INTRODUCTION WEST GERMANY PINK CD TARGET AUDIOPHILE 1984 US $19.50 Buy It Now 6 days
The Introduction - The Steve Morse Band (Cassette 1984, Elektra) in NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Steve Morse Band Lp Stand Up 1985 Elektra records US $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Steve Morse Band The Introduction 60369-1-E US $9.97 Buy It Now 6 days
The Introduction by Steve Morse Band Target CD Made in West Germany US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Steve Morse Band STAND UP cd(Dixie Dregs.Deep Purple)ERIC JOHNSON.PETER FRAMPTON US $70.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE MORSE BAND THE INTRODUCTION LP 836 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - SOUTHERN STEEL (CD 1991) US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - STRUCTURAL DAMAGE (CD 1995) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE STEVE MORSE BAND "Split Decision" CD 2002 Magna Carta *Free US Shipping* US $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
STEVE MORSE BAND "The Introduction" CD 1984 Elektra/Asylum *Free US Shipping* US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Steve Morse Band : Structural Damage CD (1996) US $13.85 Buy It Now 7 days
STEVE MORSE BAND / STRUCTURAL DAMAGE US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Steve Morse Band, Steve Morse, Stressfest Audio CD US $13.52 Buy It Now 7 days
STEVE MORSE BAND THE INTRODUCTION STILL IN SHRINK VG++ US $3.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Steve Morse Band CD - Original 1984 West Germany IMPORT RARE OOP Jerry Peek Jazz US $29.97 Buy It Now 8 days
STEVE MORSE BAND: The Introduction LP MUSICIAN RECORDS 9603691E WLP US 1984 NM+ US $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - STAND UP - 1985 Promo Vinyl Lp. / VG+ / Jazz Rock US $5.49 Buy It Now 8 days
STEVE MORSE BAND STAND UP LP 554 US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
STEVE MORSE BAND SOUTHERN STEEL 1991 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen MVCM 1ST PRESS US $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVE MORSE BAND SOUTHERN STEEL CD 1991 MCA NEAR MINT US $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - Southern Steel CD - Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs Guitarist - 1991 US $3.95 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVE MORSE BAND / STAND UP - Japan PROMO w/obi Deep Purple US $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVE MORSE BAND the introduction LP VG+ 60369-1-E Vinyl Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Steve Morse Band - Structural Damage - music cd album US $12.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Steve Morse Band - The Introduction CD 1984 Elektra USA UPC# 0 7559-60369-2 OOP US $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
STEVE MORSE BAND - THE INTRODUCTION , ELEKTRA MUSICIAN 1984 , EX/VG ,LP US $6.45 Buy It Now 11 days
Steve Morse Band/Introduction (Promo Issue) US $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Steve Morse Band Stand Up CD NEW US 2002 Dixie Dregs Deep Purple Rod Morgenstein US $95.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Structural Damage, Steve Morse, Steve Morse Band, Very Good Import US $4.98 Buy It Now 12 days
STEVE MORSE BAND The Introduction JAPAN Musician Warner LP OBI DEEP PURPLE US $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Steve Morse Band-Morse, Steve Band - Southern Steel CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Steve Morse Band-Morse, Steve Band - Coast To Coast CD NEW US $16.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Steve Morse Band - Coast to Coast (CD, Jun-1992, MCA (USA)) MCAD-10565 US $12.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Out Standing in Their Field [Digipak] by Steve Morse/Steve Morse Band (CD,... US $4.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Steve Morse Band High Tension Wires vinyl LP album record German 255930-1 US $30.94 Buy It Now 14 days
Steve Morse Band - Live In Baden-baden, Germany 1990 NEW DVD US $20.35 Buy It Now 15 days
Steve Morse Band / Coast To Coast JAPAN *C US $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
STEVE MORSE BAND stand up LP 9 track sticker tear on the sleeve (9604481) german US $9.59 Buy It Now 15 days
CD Steve Morse Band - Coast To Coast KANSAS DEEP PURPLE / MCA RECORDS 1992 US $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Steve Morse Band ?- Split Decision CD NM/NM US $27.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Structural Damage - Steve Morse Band (CD1995) Dixie Dregs Deep Purple Kansas US $10.99 Buy It Now 15 days
The Introduction - Steve Morse Band (CD 1984) Near MINT West German Target CD US $24.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Steve Morse Band Stand Up Vinyl Lp Revord Eric Johnson, Peter Frampton NM/EX US $9.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Structural Damage by Steve Morse Band (CD, Mar-1995) Free Ship #EZ26 US $6.49 Buy It Now 16 days
STEVE MORSE BAND: The Introduction LP (WLP) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Steve Morse Band Stand Up LP Record Album US $10.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Steve Morse Band 80s POP ROCK GUITAR DJ LP Introduction 1984 USA ISSUE US $16.98 Buy It Now 18 days
Structural Damage, Steve Morse Band, Good Import US $6.99 Buy It Now 18 days

More places to buy STEVE MORSE BAND music online Buy STEVE MORSE BAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEVE MORSE BAND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEVE MORSE BAND Major Impacts 2 ratings distribution

STEVE MORSE BAND Major Impacts 2 reviews

Review by Clayreon
4 stars Over the years, Steve MORSE has built up an enormous record of services. He was active in KANSAS (although not in their better days), The DIXIE DREGS, LYNYRD SKYNYRD and of course, DEEP PURPLE. I've even seen him a few times live at work with DEEP PURPLE and even then I was very much impressed with his fast, yet melodious, guitar technique. The die-hard fans won't be happy to hear this, but I really haven't missed Ritchie Blackmore, especially on the 'Purpendicular' album, where MORSE was outstanding.

In the year 2000 and after a series of solo albums, he brought out 'Major Impacts'. The songs there were dedicated to his sources of inspiration,that being guitarists such as Clapton, Page, Hendrix and Jeff Beck. 'Major Impacts 2' is the follow up album, although on this album, his references are directed more towards more specific groups or genres that have influenced him. Personally, I find all these tribute bands to be nothing special. I think it's much more inventive to write your own songs where you can integrate recognizable styles into your own musical spectrum. And because he's been involved in all kinds of music genres since 1974, he can choose from a very broad variety of music styles. Hopefully, he won't fall into the same pattern as the 'Rocky' movies did. That would really be a pity.

Starting with the first notes of "Wooden Music", you can imagine yourself on the grounds at Woodstock with CROSBY, STILLS, NASH and YOUNG on stage, even though the continuation of the song takes on its own electrical interpretation. "Suite:Judy Blue Eyes" was the model for this song. It has these typical harmonies that are simulated by, what else other than, guitars (just like Brian May of QUEEN did). This track reminds me a bit of the CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO.

It's no secret that "Where are You" contains typical synthesizer sounds of The WHO. MORSE was always keen on the guitar riffs of Pete TOWNSEND and the energetic drumming of the deceased Keith Moon.

"Errol Smith", a song with an amusing play on words, is completely immersed in a guitar rock similar to that of AEROSMITH in "Walk this Way" and "Love in an Elevator".

There's an ode to Celtic music in "Cool Wind, Green Hills", where Steve expresses his utmost admiration for ENYA, CLANNAD and other OLDFIELDS.

And you don't even have to listen for 5 seconds to "Originally Crown" in order to hear the sounds of EMERSON, LAKE and PALMER. It speaks for itself that the guitar here is more prominent. But the song sounds full and is impressive to hear.

"Twelve Strings on Carnaby Street" is obviously based on British pop from the end of the 60s and even more so on The YARDBIRDS and The HOLLIES. The 12 string guitar takes care of the rhythm, while the solo is played with distortion guitar. Very nostalgic indeed! The youngsters, however, won't be able to relate to this.

"Zig Zag" sounds so ZZ TOP, another cult band from a ways back. It's played true to that typical bluesy sound. And even more predictable is "Abracadab", one of the real few progressive fragments on 'Major Impacts 2', although the drum intro does sound rather 60s. One must question himself about the choice of this song.

Blue grass and country isn't really my thing, but the fast fingered guitar playing on "Tri County Barn Dance" is something I can enjoy. Steve calls it one of those happy songs.

And like so many rock guitarists, MORSE can't just renounce his classical music background. That's why he's chosen Bach for "Air on a 6 String". You can hear the typical repetitive bass notes above the other modified notes. Those who know a bit about Bach will understand what I mean.

As it turns out, Bach is followed by a hard rockin' "Motor City Spirit". Spirit, Ritchie Blackmore's "Highway Star" and Ted Nugent were models for this song.

"The Ghost of the Bayou" is somewhat like a country style song. All that fiddle playing is a bit redundant for me. But, ok, it's dedicated to his grand father, so we have to respect that.

"Leonard's Best", a guitar rockin' song, is inspired by "Sweet Home Alabama" by LYNYRD SKYNYRD, one of the many bands in which MORSE had been active.

If you take a look over the career of MORSE, you can be sure that this guy can make even more CDs of the same calibre. All the tracks are done very professionally and you don't get the feeling that he's showing off his guitar skills, something that Vai and Satriani are often guilty of. They are, however, all rather short songs. I would have liked to have heard certain parts extended and the album could've been made more progressive. Let's be aware that this is not a prog album. It's just good music and that's already something.

>>> Review by: Claude 'Clayreon' Bosschem (8/10) Translated by Jennifer Summer<<<

Send comments to Clayreon (BETA) | Report this review (#25800) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 11, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Steve MORSE is one of those guitar players that compel you to say - It's over? No more? Come on, I want more! You wish his playing would never end because he is such an incredible genius with the six-string. He is easily one of the top ten guitarists in the world today.

On "Major Impacts 2" he continues to humble himself before his peers by dedicating another unbelievable volume of work in their image. Think about if for one minute, here we have one of the best players in the world telling everyone without uttering a single word, with music alone, who his influences are and why he sounds like he does today. Not everyone would create an album like this. He was the driving force behind DIXIE DREGS and now fills the shoes of the great Ritchie Blackmore in DEEP PURPLE, not a bad resume for a guitar player. I think he will continue to add to that legacy and evolve as a guitar player for years to come. As he did on the first volume, he adds his comments to each track and explains all of his influences in the CD booklet.

If you can think of any one style of music, MORSE covers it on this instrumental treasure trove. When an album is this good, and I mean every single song, I find it very difficult to choose a favorite; I am in a sense speechless at this man's amazing talent. I think most music lovers and guitar players would say the same thing about Steve MORSE, he is a guitar God and one with few equals. I do not know what else I could possibly add to this, except one thing.if you can really appreciate great guitar playing, all kinds of musical styles, and only instrumentals, you will absolutely love this album. Make sure you get volume one as well, it's just as good.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#25801) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 28, 2005

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars I was traveling in Chicago a while back and found myself driving through the city with no CDs and only some very lame FM radio to listen to. So I stopped in a record store and bought this to listen to.

Anyway, I didn't really pay that much attention to the CD, I only bought it because I couldn't find anything else and I was in a hurry. I popped it in while heading south down the highway. I must say that after a few minutes I was kind of disappointed and felt like I was going to regret losing the $12 USD I had spent on it. While the music was okay (all instrumental), it had a very late 60's feel to it and I was a struck with the thought that Steve Morse must be getting old and losing interest in being creative anymore. The first track sounded so much like CSN that I kept expecting David Crosby to start crooning "wooden ships on the water very free (and easy).". Once the second track started picturing Pete Townshend, and feeling a bit confused. By the time the third track started, I knew something was very weird about this album. Turns out nearly every track reminded me of someone I had heard before.

So when I got back to the hotel I opened the jewel case and started reading the liner notes. Turns out Steve Morse had put together, for lack of a better term, a tribute album. But instead of taking someone else's songs and putting his own spin on them (like any normal person would), Morse decided to create songs that reflected his interpretation of the musical styles of people who had influenced or impressed him at some point during his life. Okay, so this was kind of an original approach.

Turns out this is the second time he's done this (hence the "2" in the album's title), but I didn't know this at the time. I kind of lost track of Steve Morse after he left Kansas in the late 80's and moved on to Deep Purple, who I really have no interest in. The first 'Impacts' album came out in 2000, and was apparently very similar in concept (I haven't listened to that one yet). So what I got for $12 was not only a good instrumental album, but a compact trivia puzzle as well! As soon as I understood what the concept of the album was, I put away the case and played the entire album again, just to see how many of the styles I could identify. Turns out I only got 8 out of 13, but after I read the entire liner notes, the rest of them made sense too.

The liner notes are very interesting. Morse lists each track using pictures instead of song titles to identify them, then describes his memories of the artist or band he wrote the song for, his thought process in creating the sounds, and sometimes even the techniques he used to create them.

I'd like to describe each track individually, but that would spoil some of the fun of trying to discover who each song represents on your own, so I won't. I will say that on one song he plays his grandfather's violin with a guitar pick. On another he plays only with his fingers to try and emulate the sound of the artist as he remembers him. On another he plays only single notes to simulate the sound of classical music (this is the only track that isn't intended to recognize a contemporary artist).

Some of the songs are no-brainers to identify, you'll recognize the musicians they represent right away. Others are a bit trickier. You'll get a least six of them just by looking at the song titles, so don't open look at the liner notes until you've played the whole album through first.

Musically, Morse doesn't break any new ground here, and overall the tone of this album is quite a bit mellower than most of the stuff he's done since he left Dixie Dregs twenty years ago. But it is kind of fun to try and identify the sound of who Morse is trying to pay tribute to on each song, and the production is quite good. The concept is pretty creative, and I have to admit once I understood what Morse was trying to achieve, I saw this album in a new light.

I can't imagine I'll probably play this album very much, and in fact I've only listened to it maybe a half-dozen times since I bought it, so I don't think it qualifies as an essential work by any means, but I could see it appealing to music fans who aren't necessarily just into Steve Morse, so it's a bit better than a 'collector's only' work. So, three stars seems appropriate, and that's what I'll give it.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#74686) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 12, 2006

5 stars Again Steve has put out a collection of new music written in the style of people he listened to and learned from over the years. There is a less obvious connection between what we recognize as Steve's style and the way he plays on this CD versus the first Major Impacts. On the first disc, you could ... (read more)

Report this review (#25799) | Posted by | Monday, March 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STEVE MORSE BAND "Major Impacts 2"