VISA

Search DUNCAN MACKAY Visa tabs

- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums

LP Edge HOG 2

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

DUNCAN MACKAY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DUNCAN MACKAY Visa Music

ChimeraChimera
Fresh Records Africa 2013
Score (UK 1st pressing vinyl LP)Score (UK 1st pressing vinyl LP)
EMI Records
Vinyl$19.99 (used)
Sirius III - Duncan Mackay 7Sirius III - Duncan Mackay 7" 45
Pepper Records (2)
Vinyl$19.90 (used)

More places to buy DUNCAN MACKAY music online Buy DUNCAN MACKAY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DUNCAN MACKAY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DUNCAN MACKAY Visa ratings distribution

DUNCAN MACKAY Visa reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars So. On Duncan Mackay's third solo album, he has thrown away his backing band, other than a light drum track by none other than Simon Phillips, completely rid himself of all Keith Emerson imitations from the previous ventures, and has left himself with, well, nothing.

Track after track, Mackay gives us a sound that has the Euro-pop aspirations of Kraftwerk, the synthesizer swirling patches of Tangerine Dream, all bound together with the compositional sensibilities of elevator Muzak.

Mackay, at least, is an adept keyboardist. He does occasionally add some fills that make the ears perk up, but with the material he has given himself it is generally a lost cause.

It's too bad, because I really like his first two releases.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#933629) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013

1 stars ? After reading a hilariously negative review of this album, I was intrigued. After hearing the album, I was even more intrigued. From the moment I experienced this album I was equally horrified and in love. I do not think I have ever heard anything quite like it. The music is arranged like regul ... (read more)

Report this review (#936381) | Posted by The Mystical | Thursday, March 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Popcorn anyone? I am truly horrified by this album, the first ever solo work (I've heard) by Duncan MacKay. If this is Prog, then I don't know what isn't? Lets make no mistake, Mackay is a familiar name as he had contributed to a number of relatively Prog albums. All of which will be serio ... (read more)

Report this review (#930471) | Posted by BORA | Friday, March 15, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DUNCAN MACKAY "Visa"