SOLAR PLEXUS

Solar Plexus Solar Plexus album cover

Buy SOLAR PLEXUS Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Bouilla Baisse (6:51)
2. Polska fr?n Orsa (0:37)
3. Den Tankl?se Spelmannen (3:25)
4. Sk?na L?ten (8:16)
5. Wallenberg (6:05)
6. Odins ?ga (4:56)
7. Jag ?r Glad Jag ?r Svensk (0:58)
8. Som Ett Klarbl?tt Klot (6:07)
9. Concerto Grosso f?r Popgrupp Och Symfoniorkester (23:50)
10. Dom Bygger En Stad (5:57)
11. Frygisk Samba (4:38)
12. T?nk n?r Vi Bor Allihopa (2:55)
13. A Real Goodun' (3:46)

Search SOLAR PLEXUS Solar Plexus lyrics

Search SOLAR PLEXUS Solar Plexus tabs

- Monica Dominique / organ, vocals, electric piano
- Carl-Axel Dominique / electric piano, piano, flute
- Georg Wadenius / electric guitar, electric bass, vocals, Spanish guitar, tambourine, maraca
- Tommy Borgudd / drums, tambourine, temple block
- Norrkoping Symfoniorkester / orchestra on track 9
-Tommy Korberg / vocals

4E 154-34574
4E 284-34605
English version under the name Concerto Grosso 4E154-34684/5

Thanks to historian9 for the addition
and to mellotron storm for the last updates

SOLAR PLEXUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOLAR PLEXUS Solar Plexus Music

Strafe Muss Sein by Solar PlexusStrafe Muss Sein by Solar Plexus
Stf
Shows Pink by Solar Plexus (2006-07-01)Shows Pink by Solar Plexus (2006-07-01)
Calibrated
Solar Plexus #5 by Solar PlexusSolar Plexus #5 by Solar Plexus
CD Baby
My Stereo is my #1 hi by Solar Plexus (2000-10-30)My Stereo is my #1 hi by Solar Plexus (2000-10-30)
Cleopatra
Vinyl$188.00
solar plexus LPsolar plexus LP
INNER CITY
Vinyl$2.75 (used)

U2-Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus)/If God Will Send (Big Yam Mix) 7"-RARE Promo USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 31m
BOBBY BURRI URS LEIMGRUBER Solar Plexus SWISS private LP 1983 MINT rare USD $50.00 Buy It Now 16h 57m
CHAKRA Meditation Energy Balance Healing CD SOLAR PLEXUS / POWER / Manipura USD $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists Solar Plexus CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Slomind-solar Plexus (ger) 0885150338742 by Slomind, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $16.37 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 - Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus) / If God Will Send (Yam) - Promo 7" 45 #14 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ian Carr with Nucleus-Solar Plexus UK 1971 6360 039 1Y/2Y Vertigo Britpop LP ! USD $336.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ian Carr With Nucleus/Solar Plexus.1971 UK Vertigo Swirl 1Y/2Y Original + Inner. USD $198.06 Buy It Now 2 days
SOLAR PLEXUS/BELLADONNA [USED CD] USD $14.63 Buy It Now 3 days
ABDO-SALMA RARE FRANCE LP 1974 SOLAR PLEXUS ARABIC JAZZ FUSION USD $65.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Solar Plexus/Belladonna New CD USD $16.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Solar Plexus / Belladonna, Nucleus, 5017261205667 USD $17.76 Buy It Now 5 days
SOLAR PLEXUS [USED CD] USD $12.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Volume I: Solar Plexus The Empire Shall Fall CD USD $27.17 Buy It Now 7 days
Solar Plexus-Solar Plexus #5 CD NEW USD $14.04 Buy It Now 8 days
Solar Plexus, Slomind USD $15.61 Buy It Now 8 days
Solar Plexus New CD USD $13.47 Buy It Now 10 days
Slomind - Solar Plexus - CD Album P17 SEALED USD $5.27 Buy It Now 11 days
RANDY MASTERS Ft. SOLAR PLEXUS Voices LP Evidence Music 43495 US 1976 VG+ USD $19.59 Buy It Now 13 days
VILLEM & MCLEOD Solar Plexus 12" NEW VINYL Samurai Red Seal Break ASC Calibre USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SOLAR PLEXUS & BELLADONNA - Ian/nucleus Carr Compact Disc USD $21.05 Buy It Now 14 days
SOLAR PLEXUS SEALED LP - Earth Songs (1980) USD $13.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Solar Plexus / Belladonna Ian Carr Audio CD USD $19.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Solar Plexus/Belladonna - Carr/Nucleus (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.15 Buy It Now 15 days
SOLAR PLEXUS: Earth Songs LP Sealed (cut corner) Jazz USD $18.00 Buy It Now 15 days
IAN CARR w/NUCLEUS Solar Plexus deluxe LTD 500 180gr vinyl jazz prog kraut USD $29.99 Buy It Now 16 days
THEA HJELMELAND - SOLAR PLEXUS CD NEW+ USD $25.81 Buy It Now 16 days
THEA HJELMELAND - SOLAR PLEXUS VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.54 Buy It Now 17 days
Japan VERTIGO SWIRL NUCLEUS / SOLAR PLEXUS Soft Machine FREE SHIPPING USD $80.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Solar Plexus "Earth Songs" 1980 Jazz LP, Nice EX!, on Inner City USD $8.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Solar Plexus: 1979 Inner City Jazz/Funk/Fusion Promo LP USD $19.50 Buy It Now 18 days
Schoenberg: Pierrot Lunaire + Solar Plexus of Modernism: A Documentary by Matthi USD $30.58 Buy It Now 20 days
IAN & NUCLEUS CARR - SOLAR PLEXUS/BELLADONNA 2 CD NEW+ USD $27.39 Buy It Now 22 days
BOMBA - SOLAR PLEXUS -14 TRACK CD- USD $4.98 Buy It Now 22 days
Slomind - Slomind-Solar Plexus [CD New] USD $8.79 Buy It Now 22 days
Ian Carr-Solar Plexus/Belladonna CD NEW USD $18.55 Buy It Now 22 days
Solar Plexus/Belladonna by Ian Carr (Trumpet) (CD, Oct-2002, 2 Discs, Beat... USD $25.64 Buy It Now 22 days
LOT volume 1, 2, 3 of GOA TRANCE Power Source Colorbox Aqualite Solar Plexus VG+ USD $40.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Solar Plexus/Belladonna 5017261205667 by Nucleus, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $19.91 Buy It Now 23 days
Carr/Nucleus - Solar Plexus/Belladonna [CD New] USD $16.59 Buy It Now 23 days
Solar Plexus/Belladonna by Ian Carr (Trumpet) (CD, Oct-2002, 2 Discs, Beat... USD $11.62 Buy It Now 23 days
Ian Carr With Nucleus Solar Plexus EX/EX Discogs Id: 5265309 Vertigo 6360 039 USD $125.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Solar Plexus LP (Century, 1975) private press jazz fusion VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Full On-Turbo Blast - Japan CD - NEW Solar Plexus E-jek USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Solar Plexus-Self Titled-LP 1973 Polydor 2383 222 Made in UK USD $39.99 Buy It Now 28 days
BOMBA SOLAR PLEXUS ORIGINAL 2002 AUSTRALIAN RELEASE CD MINT USD $15.27 Buy It Now 28 days
DANCIN' EXERCISE Solar Plexus Le Freak Miss You YMCA Easy Aerobic Exercises USD $9.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SOLAR PLEXUS music online Buy SOLAR PLEXUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SOLAR PLEXUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SOLAR PLEXUS Solar Plexus ratings distribution

SOLAR PLEXUS Solar Plexus reviews

5 stars This is the debut double album from Sweden's SOLAR PLEXUS released in 1972. The band featured the drummer and guitarist from MADE IN SWEDEN along with vocalist Tommy Korberg who was very well known in Sweden, as well as Monica a very accomplished keyboardist and vocalist and finally Carl-Axel also on keyboards. You know I was reminded of "666" by APHRODITES CHILD not because the music is at all similar or that both are double albums but because this is unique and all over the place and for some strange reason I'm blown away by it all. I have the English version which I'm thankful for because the vocals are not forced and I detect no accents.

"Bouillabaisse" is one of many standout tracks on this recording. The electric piano, drums, bass and organ sound amazing to start and the guitar joins in before a minute but it's brief. It settles down and the contrasts will continue. Some cool bass lines in this one and the guitar does return late. "A Polka For Orsa" is less than a minute of flute. "My Song Is For Her" is my favourite. Tommy on vocals kills this and he reminds me so much of another Prog vocalist that I can't put my finger on and it's been driving me crazy. The lyrics are so meaningful in this smoky, jazzy tune and I really dig the guitar style. I can play this over and over. "Loveliness" sounds pretty amazing with all the atmosphere with the cymbals clashing slightly and the bass and flute. Beautiful stuff. It's slowly building and the guitar becomes prominent after 4 minutes. It calms right down before 6 minutes like the beginning right to the end. Great track!

"Wallenberg" is one of those songs that you have to move to, so catchy with those vocal melodies. Check out the distorted keys before 2 minutes after the vocals stop. So good as drums and pulsating organ support. A change 3 1/2 minutes in as it settles down and male and female vocals arrive. This reminds me of Canterbury even the humerous lyrics. It kicks back in with those vocal melodies around 5 1/2 minutes. "The Eye Of Odin" has shimmering keys, bass, percussion and a relaxed horn. Gorgeous sound here. It does pick up and turn fuller but not by lot. Piano to the fore after 3 minutes as the horn stops temporarily. "Like A Spinning Sun" opens with piano and I think Spanish guitar as Tommy comes in on vocals. When it picks up at 1 1/2 minutes it's so catchy and uplifting. It's like this band has a gift for being melodic and funny and experimental, they do it all so well. I like the pulsating keys and the guitar after 2 1/2 minutes. Back to the opening soundscape after 3 minutes.

"Concerto Grosso For Pop Group And Symphony Orchestra" is the over 23 minute orchestral piece with an actual orchestra helping out. I'm not really into orchestral music but they add enough "Rock" elements to keep me happy. I like the bass after a minute and the picked guitar and flute around 3 1/2 minutes all while the orchestral sounds lead the way. A change before 7 minutes as the orchestral stuff stops and drums and organ lead the way. Check out the bass solo 8 minutes in then the organ leads as the brass and strings come and go. It turns classical before 10 minutes then the drums and distorted keys join in. Nice. A drum solo is fairly brief then the strings return after 11 minutes. Guitar around 14 minutes. A change after 18 minutes as the guitar stops and strings take over. Dual keys only before 19 1/2 minutes then it kicks back in to an orchestral mode at 20 minutes with bass and piano too as drums follow. Many aren't thrilled with this suite but it adds to the charm in my opinion.

"Phrygian Samba" is another killer track with bass and electric piano to start as drums and more join in quickly. Great sound! Guitar joins in before 2 minutes. Catchy is the word. "Think When We Live All Together" is another silly song sounding like it's out of the thirties or something especially the male and female vocals that are channeling that vibe. The laughter to start the song is a clue what's to follow. Piano support the vocals. "They're Building Their Cities" is another memorable song that opens with mono- tones female vocals and an experimental backdrop bring RIO to mind right away. It does change before 1 1/2 minutes as it picks up with drums, organ and bass as the male vocals join in. Electric piano too. An instrumental break before 3 minutes and the guitar joins in as he starts ripping it up. Male vocals are back after 4 1/2 minutes then it ends like it began. "A Real Goodun'" is the jazzy closing number with bass, drums and organ leading the way as the guitar joins in around 2 minutes.

Sure this isn't perfect just like "666" isn't perfect but I'm a sucker for electric piano and it's played by two of the members so it's prominent, but also the talent that is featured in this band just boggles my mind. The compositions, playing and singing all clicked with me from the very first listen.

Post a review of SOLAR PLEXUS "Solar Plexus"