MERIDIEM

- Alex Katsiyiannis / Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Nick Valentzis / Bass Guitar
- Konstantinos Galimis / Drums

Release date 12/04/2013

Thanks to black_diamond for the addition
and to aapatsos for the last updates

WASTEFALL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WASTEFALL Meridiem Music

Self ExileSelf Exile
Sensory Records 2006
Soulrain 21Soulrain 21
SoulrainSoulrain
Sleazy Rider 2011

More places to buy WASTEFALL music online Buy WASTEFALL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WASTEFALL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WASTEFALL Meridiem ratings distribution

WASTEFALL Meridiem reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars Some bands come across as original. Some bands simply nail the melodies and catchiness of the music. Wastefall, I believe, is the former. Their EP "Meridiem" is as original a work of art as I have heard, but there is still something lacking.

I originally heard the track "Vulturnus", and I was thrilled. In fact, my wife was interested, too. The low-tuned guitars are heavy and played in such an off-tempo fashion that they end up gripping the listener. Even the lyrics and vox were interesting, and I couldn't really place the influences. However, like some other albums I've heard recently, I feel like "Meridiem" is a mixed bag, for each song is quite different. Many times this would be okay, but the EP ends up feeling unstructured and fragmented. There is nothing linking the differences in vox and style, except for perhaps a strangeness that pervades the whole EP. I almost feel like the band threw some different styles out there to see which would stick!

Wastefall can really bring the awesome grooves and thundering riffs, and they certainly know how to break the music down into more complex and progressive segments. However, I come away unimpressed overall, for the EP ends up feeling broken, incomplete, and like a mish mash of cool ideas with no connections or meaning. This EP shows promise for the future, however, and they certainly earn points for originality. In the end, that means something.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1016772) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 11, 2013

Post a review of WASTEFALL "Meridiem"