SPIRITUAL MIGRATION

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Persefone Spiritual Migration album cover

Buy PERSEFONE Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Flying Sea Dragons (1:48)
2. Mind as Universe (4:41)
3. The Great Reality (6:27)
4. Zazen Meditation (3:53)
5. The Majestic of Gaia (8:38)
6. Consciousness Pt.1: Sitting in Silence (3:21)
7. Consciousness Pt. 2: A Path to Enlightenment (5:43)
8. Inner Fullness (7:32)
9. Metta Meditation (3:48)
10. Upward Explosion (2:55)
11. Spiritual Migration (8:47)
12. Returning to the Source (9:06)
13. Outro (3:55)

Search PERSEFONE Spiritual Migration lyrics

Search PERSEFONE Spiritual Migration tabs

Marc Martins / Vocals
Carlos Lozano / Guitar
Jordi Gorgues / Guitar
Miguel Espinosa / Keyboards / Vocals.
Toni Mestre / Bass
Marc Mas / Drums

Label: Vicisolum Productions
Release date: 29th March 2013
Mixed by Jacon Hansen at Hansen Studios in Denmark

Thanks to MJAben for the addition

PERSEFONE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PERSEFONE Spiritual Migration Music

CoreCore
Extra tracks · Import
Tokuma 2006
Audio CD$166.01 (used)

More places to buy PERSEFONE music online Buy PERSEFONE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PERSEFONE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PERSEFONE Spiritual Migration ratings distribution

PERSEFONE Spiritual Migration reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
2 stars Unadulterated chaos? Check. Tasteless screaming? Check. A million beats per second? Double check. Barely distinguishable from about 2 dozen other bands? Triple check.

This album came highly recommended from a friend of mine, so I had to give it a shot even though tech metal and I do not have a charitable past. Last year, every one was raving about Enslaved: I thought the album was juvenile. I have similar feelings for this album.

Persefone's style features double bass mania with little or no variation, djenty guitars, and really harsh vocals. This describes many, many other bands, and Persefone definitely does nothing to sound different at all. The one exception to this is the fairly good symphonic arrangements that are very strong in the overall mix, and they range from very simple to slightly complex. In other words, they can't save the album.

Not every track on this album is a thumbs-down for me. There are several instrumental songs that are generally slower, more dynamic, and melodic. In fact, there is some piano on these tracks that is quite good. "Zazen Meditation", "Consciousness 1 and 2" and also the "Outro" are all fairly good. I actually enjoyed them,as they do feature some rather interesting chord progressions and musical hooks. However, I really can't overlook the rest of the album. I mean, I'd love to discuss the seemingly profound themes, but I can't understand even one word of the lyrics. Tech metal and I are not friends, and this seals the deal. I was hoping for something along the lines of Sybreed (the one and only tech metal band that I LOVE), but all I got was a giant mess masquerading as music.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#976319) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 11, 2013

5 stars What a monster of an album. Every album this band has released I have enjoyed greatly, but Spiritual Migration is something else. This is Persefone at its best, firing on all cylinders. This is some of the most jaw dropping technical musicianship that I have heard in a long. It is unrelenting. Y ... (read more)

Report this review (#968614) | Posted by Hrvat | Sunday, June 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PERSEFONE "Spiritual Migration"