LUX

Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Lux (3:28)
2. Kostbar (5:16)
3. Höstvisa I (2:41)
4. Septem Turbido (Höstvisa II) (5:50)
5. Obscare (4:34)
6. Waldhotel Solitaire (6:09)
7. Paxima (5:00)
8. Comma (2:38)
9. Autumnus Elegia (3:18)
10. Missa Tripus (7:00)
11. Lumir (9:08)

Search AFENGINN Lux lyrics

Search AFENGINN Lux tabs

Rasmus Krøyer: clarinet, bass clarinet, contra bass clarinet
Niels Skovmand: violin
Kim Rafael Nyberg: mandolin
Erik Olevik: contrabass
Rune Kofoed: drums, percussion

Guests:
Bent Clausen: marimba, vibraphone, waterphone, percussion
Mads Hyhne: trombone
Nikolaj Busk: grand piano on Autumnus Elegia

All music composed by Kim Rafael Nyberg
Recorded in The Village Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark in August 2012.
Recorded and mixed by August Wanngren.
Mastered by Sofia von Hage at Stockholm Mastering.

Released in Westpark Music, on 28th January 2013.

Also avaliable in Afenginn's Bandcamp page:

Thanks to lima96 for the addition

AFENGINN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AFENGINN Lux Music

Afenginn-Lux CD NEW USD $16.42 Buy It Now 3 days
AFENGINN - LUX CD NEW+ USD $23.07 Buy It Now 22 days
AFENGINN - LUX VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.23 Buy It Now 24 days
Afenginn-Lux (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $17.09 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy AFENGINN music online Buy AFENGINN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

AFENGINN Lux ratings distribution

AFENGINN Lux reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars When I went over onto their Bandcamp site to see how they described their music themselves, I see that Danish group Afenginn call themselves 'world', 'ambient', 'contemporary', 'classical', 'folk' and 'Nordic' while PA list them as RIO/avant-prog. I actually think that there is a great deal of jazz in what they are doing and if I had to force them into a musical pigeonhole that is where I would put them. But, as you can see there is a lot going on and they don't really fit anywhere. The band themselves comprise Rasmus Kr'yer (clarinet, bass clarinet, contra bass clarinet), Niels Skovmand (violin), Kim Rafael Nyberg (mandolin), Erik Olevik (contrabass) and Rune Kofoed (drums, percussion) while they also have guests in Bent Clausen (marimba, vibraphone, waterphone, percussion), Mads Hyhne (trombone) and Nikolaj Busk who provides grand piano on 'Autumnus Elegia'. Kim Rafael Nyberg composed all of the music, which to my ears is somewhat strange as the mandolin rarely takes centre stage. I am also a little surprised that Bent is just a guest, as his marimba playing is key to the overall sound.

In many ways these guys come across as a highly orchestrated jazz group, with everyone knowing their part and playing it to the full. It is an album that is incredibly hard to describe as in many ways it is quite different to anything I have heard before, although Robin Taylor and possibly Frank Zappa did come to mind as potential influences (and give that Robin is also Danish and has been prolific over quite a long period I would think that this could be quite possible). Certainly, if you enjoy the more structured Robin Taylor's Universe then this could well be for you. This is something that one should definitely hear before listening, but luckily it is possible to do just that at their bandcamp site, so why not visit afenginn.bandcamp.com/album/lux and see if this is for you. I found it polished and intriguing and am certainly pleased that it came my way.

Post a review of AFENGINN "Lux"