THE LAMPLIGHTER

Anima Mundi The Lamplighter album cover

Buy ANIMA MUNDI Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

Suite The Lamplighter
1- On Earth beneath the stars (4.24)
2- The call and farewell song (6.20)
3- Light the lantern of your heart (6.09)
4- The human house (3.57)

Suite Tales from Endless Star
5- The dream child behind the mask (9.05)
6- The return - Part I (3.29)
7- Endless star (10.38)
8- The return - Part II (3.24)

Epilogue
9: His Majesty Love (6.58)

Search ANIMA MUNDI The Lamplighter lyrics

Release date: June 15, 2013
Label: Self released
Formats: CD and Digital

Thanks to Second Life Syndrome for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

ANIMA MUNDI MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANIMA MUNDI The Lamplighter Music

Jagannath OrbitJagannath Orbit
Musea 2013
The Way by Anima Mundi (2010) Audio CDThe Way by Anima Mundi (2010) Audio CD
Musea
ANONYMOUS / ANIMA MUNDI CONSORT / FELICETTI - ITALIAN MEDIEVAL NEW CD US $24.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Anima Mundi Consort - Medival Italian Instrumental Dances [CD New] US $14.75 Buy It Now 2 days
INGRID KARKLINS - ANIMA MUNDI * [048248114127] - NEW CD US $15.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Anima Mundi Consort - Medival Italian Instrumental Dances CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Ingrid Karklins : Anima Mundi CD (2000) US $3.73 Buy It Now 5 days
FORSAKEN Anima Mundi 2Lp Doom Metal ltd 500 US $37.32 Buy It Now 5 days
Anima Mundi-Anima Mundi CD NEW US $13.41 Buy It Now 7 days
Philip Glass - Anima Mundi (Original Soundtrack, 1993) CD nm US $15.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Anima mundi- Jagannath Orbit (musea) US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Anima mundi- the way (musea) US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Ingrid Karklins - Anima Mundi (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 10 days
ANIMA MUNDI - WAY NEW CD US $31.44 Buy It Now 11 days
Anima Mundi - Way [CD New] US $26.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Anima Mundi CD Pop Rock US $16.63 Buy It Now 13 days
Hurlstone Trio Anima Mundi - Romantic Piano Trios CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 13 days
soundtrack, Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack CD, Philip Glass US $22.58 Buy It Now 14 days
Romantic Piano Trios - Anima Mundi Trio New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.99 Buy It Now 15 days
DANIELPOUR- Concerto for Orchestra & Anima Mundi CD (Zinman/Pittsburgh) MINT US $6.76 Buy It Now 15 days
PHILIP GLASS anima mundi GODFREY REGGIO - ELEKTRA CD NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack Recording OST Cassette-Philip Glass-NOT CD-VG US $1.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Philip Glass: Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack Recording (NEW) US $16.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Philip Glass - Anima Mundi (1993) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.57 Buy It Now 19 days
Romantic Piano Trios [Trio Anima Mundi] [Divine Art: DDA 25102] US $19.21 Buy It Now 20 days
Glass: Anima Mundi (Original Soundtrack Recording) cd NM US $4.67 Buy It Now 21 days
Anima Mundi - Mundi,Anima New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.48 Buy It Now 22 days
FORSAKEN - ANIMA MUNDI - CD NEW !! CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS US $7.99 Buy It Now 22 days
ANIMA MUNDI - CD - SOUNDTRACK - PHILIP GLASS US $17.89 Buy It Now 24 days
ANIMA MUNDI - Another World II [AA] US $6.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Various Artists - Anima Mundi Edizioni Musica - 19 Track US $6.77 Buy It Now 26 days
Mundi,Anima - Anima Mundi [CD New] US $13.15 Buy It Now 26 days
Philip Glass: Anima Mundi Original Soundtrack Riesman US $16.99 Buy It Now 26 days
NEW - Anima Mundi by Karklins, Ingrid US $3.74 Buy It Now 26 days
HURLSTONE / TRIO ANIMA MUNDI - ROMANTIC PIANO TRIOS NEW CD US $26.40 Buy It Now 27 days
ANIMA MUNDI NEW CD US $19.85 Buy It Now 27 days
Dionysus: Anima Mundi CD ECD 2004 Bonus Tracks AFM / NEMS Records 333 US $10.95 Buy It Now 27 days
FORSAKEN-ANIMA MUNDI-CD-epic-doom-metal-doomsword US $24.99 Buy It Now 28 days
FORSAKEN Anima Mundi DOUBLE GATEFOLD LP US $56.49 Buy It Now 28 days
DIONYSUS - ANIMA MUNDI [DIONYSUS] - NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 29 days
Anima Mundi - Somnium CD INDUSTRIAL TRIBAL AMBIENT RITUAL MUSIC NEO-CLASSIC US $12.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ANIMA MUNDI music online Buy ANIMA MUNDI & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANIMA MUNDI DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANIMA MUNDI The Lamplighter ratings distribution

ANIMA MUNDI The Lamplighter reviews

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars I was really looking forward to the follow up of 'The Way', an album that stunned my senses rather surprisingly, not quite expecting a Cuban symphonic prog extravaganza to bowl me over. On first and second audition, I must concur with other reviewers who mentioned the rather odd vocals that grace this fresh release. Let's get one thing straight, the music is spectacular, stately and impossibly brilliant. Being multi-lingual, I appreciate anyone expressing themselves in some other language than their native tongue and I actually enjoyed previous vocalist Carlos Sosa whose accent was only slight but new singer Emmanuel Pirko-Farrath has no command of English whatsoever and sadly, what this does is that it distracts to the point of being too obvious. In view of German national Helmut Koellen's brilliant English language singing on Triumvirat's early albums, where he learnt phonetically to pronounce each lyric properly, I must criticize the choice of a singer who struggles so overtly. Sing in Spanish, hombre! You have a decent voice but mangled words are never enjoyable.

When the mood becomes instrumental, Anima Mundi are easily among the most technically proficient musicians out there, featuring a magnificent keyboardist in Virginia Peraza. She has a strong symphonic inclination by using a tremendous amount of mellotron, synthesizers, organ and piano colorations throughout the arrangements. Bassist Yaroski Corredera provides some expressive bottom ends and occasional runs that are truly defiant. The drums are expertly handled by Jose Manuel Govin, never an issue in Cuba where percussion is a state accepted religion. Guitarist and leader Roberto Diaz is a killer slinger, his searing leads and chugging riffs inspire with abandon and grace. The melodies are grandiose and kaleidoscopic, expertly entertaining and effortlessly complex. The poor vocals kill the joy, though. Unfortunately, they are not few and far between. On 'The Human House', one can plainly feel the ridiculousness of mispronounced words such as 'cam' instead of 'come'. Sorry, but it's unavoidable and they linger like a sour aftertaste. Yet elsewhere on this short track, the playing is superb, go figure!

The pain is best expressed by the woeful rendition of the lyrics on 'His Majesty love', its torture when the words do not even make any sense and the delivery suffers accordingly. The finest moments on this disc is the all instrumental 'The Return-Part1', with its neo- medieval sheen and the bombastic epic segue 'Endless Star' and both are jewels of the very highest order. The latter in particular runs for a good 10 minutes and showcases the immense talent at hand, Peraza doing some masterful work in arranging this colossus of sound and fury. Diaz shows off delirious electric guitar technique that is just off the wall brilliant. The rhythm section just cooks up a tropical storm of musical delight.

Roberto, please invite Carlos back or re-record with someone who has mastered a language (any one of your choice, even Kobaian!) and I will anoint this with 5 cigars. Cover by the amazing Ed Unitsky only deepens my sorrow, for it's a truly stellar package.

3.5 berlitz lessons

Send comments to tszirmay (BETA) | Report this review (#1007531) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars Anima Mundi is a band out of Cuba that plays wonderful symphonic prog rock, so I was extremely excited when they sent me a download of their latest album, "The Lamplighter". I was slightly wary, I do admit. Their previous album, "The Way", is one of my all-time favorite albums. The problem is that the vocalist, Carlos Sosa, from their first few albums is no longer with them, and so I always get a little worried when this happens. He just so happens to have one of my favorite voices. The new singer, Emmanuel Pirko-Farrath, is definitely different. Let me explain how this affects the album.

If there's one thing that Anima Mundi can do flawlessly, it's create incredible instrumental passages. Virginia Peraza is most certainly one of my favorite keyboardists, and one of the best in the business, too. She has an incredible way of creating keyboard lines that are bobbing, spacey, epic, sublime, and unexpected all at the same time. On this album, she is no different. In fact, I'd say she goes out on a limb a few times, but always succeeds. The guitarist, Roberto Diaz, is also a magician with his instrument. Soulful solos by the bucketful are the name of the game, and an almost exploratory vibe is felt throughout the album. Again, drummer Jose Govin and bassist Yarroski Corredera impress with their performances, too. This group of musicians are an amazing unit that works like a well-oiled machine.

Yet, with the addition of the new vocalist, I can't help but be slightly disappointed. Emmanuel has a good voice that is nearly the opposite of Carlos'. While Carlos had huge range and a soaring style that left my knees quaking, Emmanuel has more of a rich, mellow sound that feels almost jazzy at times. This is okay, but I have three problems with it. First of all, Emmanuel (as has been pointed out by other reviewers) does not have a commanding control of English. His enunciation is very poor at times, and he forgets parts of speech at times, too. This becomes distracting, thought I do admit it is not as bad as I feared it would be. It is there, though. Second, his voice does not fit the music. Anima Mundi is all about soaring melodies and spacey vibes, but Emmanuel's voice doesn't fit this mold at all. Like I said, he jazzy, not proggy. Lastly, I feel that the vocal melodies have suffered. Carlos was always taking the incredible music and blowing it through the roof with his pitch perfect, stunning vocal passages. Emmanuel seems to get by, just barely. The vocal melodies come off as awkward to the point where you just want him to be quiet so we can get back to the fantastic music. I don't say this to be cruel: I just want to be honest.

Overall, though, this is still an excellent album. In all honesty, it features probably only 25% vocals, so the disappointing vox don't drag the entire album down with them. The music is still inspired, and the theme of human hearts as interconnected lamps of love and enlightenment is intriguing. But I hope Emmanuel can work on his voice and on his English. I think he has promise, but I just don't know how he can compete with his predecessor. All in all, however, this is a great album still.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1027145) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 02, 2013

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions and Crossover Team
3 stars Anima Mundi is a band that comes from Cuba. This fact alone would be enough to make you curious, and honestly, you should. Anima Mundi is a good band that's been around for over a decade and their new album The Lamplighter (2013) is their 4th. I was indeed curious about the band, I kind of missed their 'boat' along the way. I've listened to their debut album Septentrión (2002) but completely missed their next two albums: Jagannath Orbit (2008) and The Way (2010).

Now Anima Mundi has a new vocalist Emmanuel Pirko-Farrath and this is a fact that could make them even better. But to begin with I'll tell you that Eammanuel's vocals are... not there. His voice is far away from being a bad one, but the problem for me lies in his accent. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a snobbish kind of guy that looks for the 'perfect english'. Being from a country that doesn't have English as its main language (Brazil) I struggle myself to not have a heavy accent. The problem isn't that, very often bands comes from different places with singers with a bit of accent and that's fine. In Anima Mundi's case is very hard to bear the accent and because of that the melody lines.

Now, when it comes to the music, The Lamplighter (2013) has everything correct. Symphonic Prog played with very good keyboards (the best feature on the album), good Gilmourish guitars, good bass lines and ok drumming. And as I was listening to the album I notice that is exactly that the biggest problem with The Lamplighter (2013), everything is 'correct' and 'good' but there's nothing on the album (with a few keyboard moments) that make me say 'oh yeah, now we're talking' or even get really excited about.

The 'Suite The Lamplighter' is nice and I particularly like the last song 'His Majesty Love'. Overall the feeling of 'ok, when they're going for more' stayed with me the whole time. Maybe it's not their kind of music, but I was always waiting for some challenge, for some more. And it never came. Maybe it's not MY kind of music, anyway, a good album, but not essential.

Send comments to ProgShine (BETA) | Report this review (#1076869) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 15, 2013

Review by Gatot
3 stars I just realized this band couple of months ago when a friend of mine recommended me to have listen to it. AT first I was not quite impressed with it as I found the mismatch which was quite obvious between the music and the vocal part at the beginning part of the album. This might be caused by my expectation the band would play something heavy as its name is quite similar with the opening track of Black Sabbath "Tyr" album called as Anno Mundi. I think the name has different meaning with the Black Sabbath one. Once I removed the image of heavy music then I started to appreciate the music even though still found the vocal is not quite powerful - not something prog, I think ...

The music of this album isa basically pure soft neo-prog music with long sustain keyboard solo and some guitar work in Floydian style. Obviously this is a concept album with major three movements and I started to enjoy the music as the second track The call and farewell song (6.20) unfolds. It's basically a typical soft or dragging neoprog with relatively slow tempo music. This is not something that I can enjoy day by day as I feel not having patience with its really slow movement of the music. I am not saying it's bad but I have to wait quite a long time to get the right passages. As I enjoy the music its entirety, I find the 7th track titles as Endless Star (10;38) is quite interesting. It's not because of the longest in term of duration, but I really enjoy how the music moves in ambient mode with long sustain keyboard work and stunning Floydian guitar work.

Overall, it's a good album from Cuba prog band Anima Mundi. The music is in the vein of something like Red Sand etc. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1175759) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 16, 2014

5 stars The Lamplighter, takes an unmistakable turn in style towards the symphonic progressive spectrum. Again, this is an area that I have focused on in the past fifteen years and Anima Mundi plays the same trick with me; the album opens up the eyes and ears again towards symphonic progressiveness. Changi ... (read more)

Report this review (#1002696) | Posted by mbzr48 | Sunday, July 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Majestic memorable masterpiece! In my opinion, one of the best symphonic prog bands in the world today. I was a little concerned as to what this would sound like after I heard there would be a new vocalist on this album. Well, I have been listening to this cd non-stop since I received it, and I m ... (read more)

Report this review (#995005) | Posted by emperorken | Wednesday, July 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars ANIMA MUNDI The Lamplighter : GREAT album for any PROG music fan! Very nice CD with magic artworks from famous artist Ed Unitsky invites listeners to discover the new music world: it's something new between Camel (Rajaz) and The Flower Kings' ballads and it's really NEW step for the band! It's or ... (read more)

Report this review (#990045) | Posted by Olgaodessa | Sunday, June 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Anima Mundi...World Of Soles...beautiful soles could be with the addition of this beautiful music Another inspired album of this Caribbean band ...Who could really tell that a band of Cuba with al the caribbean environment...salsa music...will be so good composing and playing symphonic pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#985094) | Posted by robbob | Monday, June 24, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Two steps forward, five steps back. After the brilliant 2010 release The Way, I had great anticipation and expectations for The Lamplighter. The Lamplighter continues with the outstanding compositions and excellence in musicianship. To me, Anima Mundi (Roberto Diaz and Virginia Peraza are list ... (read more)

Report this review (#982883) | Posted by PaulH | Thursday, June 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANIMA MUNDI "The Lamplighter"