IRON MARSH

Prog Folk

Hexvessel Iron Marsh album cover

Buy HEXVESSEL Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2013

01. Masks of the Universe (12:55)
02. Superstitious Currents (3:14)
03. Tunnel at the End of the Light (5:37)
04. Women of Salem (5:04)
05. Don't Break the Curse (7:08)

Search HEXVESSEL Iron Marsh lyrics

Simo Kuosmanen - Lead Guitar
Niini Rossi - Bass Guitar
Kimmo Helén - Keys/Trumpet/Violin

Thanks to Second Life Syndrome for the addition

HEXVESSEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HEXVESSEL Iron Marsh Music

CD iron marsh ~ USD $11.04
LP no holier temple ~ USD $27.17
CD no holier temple ~ USD $16.01
7" vainolainen ~ USD $9.31

More places to buy HEXVESSEL music online Buy HEXVESSEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HEXVESSEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HEXVESSEL Iron Marsh ratings distribution

HEXVESSEL Iron Marsh reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars *I originally wrote this for powerofmetal.dk*

Hexvessel. The name implies much, and I have to admit that they deliver pretty much what I expected. This Finnish band plays what they call "psychedelic neo-folk" or "psychedelic forest folk". Either way, it is meant to be straight-up weird. This certainly is the case.

Yet, I cannot help but like their new EP, "Iron Marsh". As a companion piece to their latest album, "No Holier Temple", it definitely has a sort of addicting quality to it. I'll be honest: I heard it once, and I disliked it. I heard it twice, and I was somewhat impressed. I heard it again, and I was singing along with the choruses. "Iron Marsh" has a way of doing this to you. As a fairly short EP, "Iron Marsh" just works. The creepy atmospheres are combined with jingles and jangles, tribal beats, and melancholy soundscapes. Sure, they break into a 70s- style rock beat sometimes, but this band usually stays in their own little world. The vox are quite good, and feature both male and female vocalists. I must say, though, that I prefer the female vocalist that is prevalent throughout the last half of the EP. Either way, they both have good voices and harmonize beautifully.

Hexvessel is really weird. Their lyrical content is downright depressing and creepy, but the music grows on you and gets a kind of nostalgic quality to it. I think my favorite song is "Women of Salem", and I'll let you guess what the topic is. Weird lyrics aside, this band is definitely enjoyable. Strange. .

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#960895) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 17, 2013

Post a review of HEXVESSEL "Iron Marsh"