BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

KENT FOX ben franklin said it / tell me a lie 7" VG+ MERCANTILE MR 1005 Vinyl USD $60.00 Buy It Now
Marvin Gaye - Abraham, Martin & John / Michael Jackson - Ben 7" Single Record USD $3.23 Buy It Now
Hong Kong Frances Yip ??? ??? Sings English Golden Hit Ben Godfather 12" CLP2944 USD $14.99 Buy It Now
What Is Soul? - Ben E. King (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.87 Buy It Now
The Big Ben Banjo Band ?- Let's Get Together USD $2.63 Buy It Now
Hits Post Modern Syndrome CD 21TRACKS Rock Pop w/Ben Folds, Helmet, Dino Jr + USD $0.99 Buy It Now
Ben Sidran-Don`t Cry for No Hipster CD NEW USD $15.61 Buy It Now
Ben Sidran-Dylan Different CD NEW USD $15.61 Buy It Now
Ben Sidran-Bumpin` at the Sunside CD NEW USD $12.71 Buy It Now
Vereen, Ben-Steppin` Out Live CD NEW USD $17.90 Buy It Now
Blaster Bates(Vinyl LP)Lift-Off Volume Five-Big Ben-BB 00-09-UK-Ex-/Ex USD $1.31 Buy It Now
BEN WEBSTER~AT THE RENAISSANCE~PREMIUM VINYL PRESSING~NM~LP~180 GRAM USD $19.99 [0 bids]
BEN LUKAS BOYSEN**GRAVITY**CD USD $15.95 Buy It Now
~COVER ART MISSING~ Ben Taylor CD Deeper Than Gravity USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Percy Sledge And Ben E. King - The Very Best Of Percy Sledge & Ben E. (NEW 2CD) USD $10.22 Buy It Now
IRON AND WINE AND BEN BRIDWELL - SING INTO MY MOUTH CD NEW+ USD $18.06 Buy It Now
~COVER ART MISSING~ Ben Lovett CD The Signal Soundtrack USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Freda Payne ABC LP 1975 Ben Benay USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Ben Frost - V A R I A N T (NEW 12" VINYL) USD $18.47 Buy It Now
Ben Hur - 2 x CD Expanded Score - Limited Edition - Miklos Rozsa USD $17.10 Buy It Now
Ben Ottewell - Rattlebag (NEW CD) USD $12.53 Buy It Now
BEN TAYLOR "DOLEMITE" RUDY RAY MOORE "DOLEMITE THE FLAT LAND" 45 MINT USD $4.00 Buy It Now
Big Ben & The Fox ?- Headsway (Produced By Street Sounds Morgan Khan) USD $1.32 Buy It Now
Yotam Ben Horin/Dan Cribb - Split [CD New] USD $12.59 Buy It Now
Ben L'Oncle Soul - Coup De Reves [Vinyl New] USD $30.59 Buy It Now
Greatest Hits Ben E King USD $19.74 Buy It Now
Ben Light & his lightning fingers 10 inch LP 1955 Once over lightly EX vinyl USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Cello Sonatas By Shostakovich & Britten & Prokofiev by Dmitri Shostakovich, Ben USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Spanish Harlem/Don't Play That Song by Ben E. King (CD, Aug-1998, Collectables) USD $16.61 Buy It Now
CEEJAY A LIttle Love Whats Going On Ben Liebrand Remix FRANCE 12" Noir CHALKP5 USD $9.89 Buy It Now
45 BEN GAY Silly Savage Seenade - Ballad Of Ben Gay NM- E-103 Orig EB45129 USD $5.99 Buy It Now
DEBBIE AU Don't Be Afraid LP Trilogy Arts 1971 Ben Benay psych folk ssw USD $9.95 Buy It Now
Ben Light, herb Kern & Lloyd Sloop: I Cried For You/I'm Getting Sentimental Over USD $2.50 Buy It Now
Ben E. King-Supernatural Thing Part One and Two Unplayed 45rpm USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Ben E. King- Seven Letters- Gypsy Unplayed 45rpm USD $5.99 Buy It Now
BEN LIGHT THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU/A PRETTY GIRL IS LIKE A MELODY 45 RED VINYL USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Ben E. King-She's Gone Again-Imagination Unplayed 45rpm USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Soulville Ben Webster Quintet MGV 8274 Record USD $19.99 [0 bids]
BEN CHAPMAN`S LOOP DE LOP FEATURING J.J." SUMMER "MINT COND.IN Or. PIC SL. USD $2.50 Buy It Now
"The Very Best Of Ben E King Drifters" 20Track Greatest Hits VINYLSoul R USD $1.98 [0 bids]
Ben Kweller / Sha Sha (CD) Josh Lattanzi, John Kent, Antoine Silverman GREAT!!! USD $2.29 Buy It Now
BEN LIEBRAND - I WISH UK MAXI CD SINGLE E.P W/RARE REMIXES/B-SIDE USD $6.59 Buy It Now
BEN LIEBRAND - PULS(T)AR UK MAXI 5" CD SINGLE E.P W/RARE REMIXES USD $6.59 Buy It Now
BEN LIEBRAND - MOVE TO THE BIG BAND UK MAXI CD SINGLE E.P W/RARE REMIXES USD $6.59 Buy It Now
Ben Fisher - Charleston [CD New] USD $14.65 Buy It Now
BEN BRANCH-THE LAST REQUEST-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
BEN FOLDS FIVE-S/T-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D50 USD $20.50 Buy It Now
BEN FOLDS FIVE-SOUND OF THE LIFE OF MIND-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F30 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-LET ME LIVE IN YOUR LIFE-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
Ben Schachter - Fractals [CD New] USD $12.71 Buy It Now
Pleyel / Ignaz Pleyel Quintett - String Quintets Ben. 271-273 Vol. 17 [CD New] USD $16.49 Buy It Now
Ben & Ellen Harper - Childhood Home [CD New] USD $12.54 Buy It Now
Heat & Entropy * by Ben Chatwin (Vinyl, Jul-2016, Ba Da Bing Records) USD $13.16 Buy It Now
Ben Henriques - Responsibility Club [CD New] USD $13.91 Buy It Now
BEN FOLDS FIVE-BEN FOLDS FIVE LIVE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F30 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
BEN E KING WITH WILD WOMEN-DEAR JAPAN UE WO MUITE ARUKO-JAPAN ONLY SHM-CD F25 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
BEN SIDRAN-FEEL YOUR GROOVE-JAPAN LP Ltd/Ed G22 USD $31.50 Buy It Now
FLAME TREES OF THIKA FT HAYLEY MILLS/ BEN CROSS 12" VINYL LP ALBUM USD $10.50 Buy It Now
BEN ATKINS - PATCHOULI (1971) FOLK ROCK LP - ENTERPRISE ENS-1021 VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-SUPERNATURAL-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
BEN DI TOSTI-LE HOT JAZZ-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
BEN WILLIAMS-COMING OF AGE-JAPAN SHM-CD F83 USD $29.99 Buy It Now
NEW ISRAEL STRING QUARTET Bartos Maqamat, Ben Haim Serenade RCA LP ISZ 0011 USD $19.96 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER & CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE-GET UP!-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK F50 USD $28.99 Buy It Now
Ben E. King 45 Amor 1961 R&B NM Billboard # 18 Canada Atco 6203 USD $16.50 Buy It Now
2 Little Wonder Records, # 1 Ben Bolt/#2 Get Out Get Under USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Ben Harper : Diamonds on the Inside CD (2003) USD $3.91 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-MUSIC TRANCE-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-I HAD LOVE-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
Vinyl Record Album LP - The Best of Ben Colder USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Vinyl Record Album LP - Big Ben Colder - Wild Again USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Vinyl Record Album LP - The Wacky World of Ben Colder USD $12.99 Buy It Now
BEN WEBSTER-THE WARM MOODS-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
Ben Harper and the Innocent Crim, Live from Mars, Very Good Live USD $7.99 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS-CALL IT WHAT IT IS-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F30 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
78RPM Victor 16388 Elsie Baker, Annie Laurie / Ben Bolt E- USD $13.95 Buy It Now
78RPM Bluebird 7466 Ben Frankel, Donkey Serenade /Roy Fox, Will You Remember V+ USD $11.95 Buy It Now
78RPM Brunswick 3284 Ben Selvin and His Orch, On the Riviera / Barcelona V USD $10.95 Buy It Now
BEN WATERS-BOOGIE 4 STU-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK F25 USD $27.99 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-STREET TOUGH-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
JORGE BEN-BEN-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 USD $28.99 Buy It Now
BEN E.KING-WHAT IS SOUL?-JAPAN CD B50 USD $13.99 Buy It Now
REYNOLDS,BEN-HOW DAY EARNT ITS NI CD NEW USD $14.25 Buy It Now
Ben Jelen : Ex-Sensitive [Digi Packaging] [Us Import] CD (2007) USD $3.98 Buy It Now
CHESTNUTS-BROTHER BEN / FOREVER I VOW CD5 Maxi NEW USD $11.67 Buy It Now
Ben Hur - National Philharmonic - Miklos Rozsa (CD) Nr Mint - Fast Postage USD $13.19 Buy It Now
J. Ben Cable - Feel The Nails [CD New] USD $17.81 Buy It Now
WE ARE LEO-Hello-CD- David Duffield-Ben Kasca USD $5.99 Buy It Now
BEN POLLACK PARK CENTRAL ORCHESTRA "Sweetheart We Need Each Other" HMV [78 RPM] USD $17.15 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER: Both Sides of The Gun_2x Spcl.PROMOs of this Fine Album(2+1 CDs)RARE USD $1.32 [0 bids]
Glover Ben - Do We Burn The Boats? NEW CD USD $9.77 Buy It Now
Glover Ben - Before The Birds NEW CD USD $9.77 Buy It Now
Glover Ben - Through The Noise NEW CD USD $9.77 Buy It Now
BEN, Jorge - Samba Esquema Novo (remastered) - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP) USD $46.35 Buy It Now
BEN FROST-A U R O R A-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed E25 USD $23.50 Buy It Now
CHATWIN, Ben - The Sleeper Awakes - Vinyl (LP + MP3 download code) USD $20.93 Buy It Now
TORU OKI & BEN E KING-THE MANHATTAN BROTHERS-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 USD $28.99 Buy It Now
Browning Ben - Turns NEW LP USD $23.97 Buy It Now
Ben Williams - State Of Art (NEW CD 2011) USD $18.47 Buy It Now
Browning Ben - Turns NEW CD USD $14.02 Buy It Now

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"