BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

Ted Heath Big Ben Bounce CD US $5.31 Buy It Now 31m 51s
BEN SIDRAN Ph-D The Doctor Is In. US $1.99 Buy It Now 39m 57s
r, Michael Jackson, Ben, Single CD, JAPAN, 2005, 3tracks US $33.99 Buy It Now 43m 26s
BEN WOODWARD - How Do We Love You - Unplugged CD - Worship - Jesus US $1.99 [0 bids]
45m 47s
BEN FOLDS FIVE Army w/ RARE WE GOT THE F OUT EDIT PROMO DJ CD single 1999 USA US $24.99 Buy It Now 45m 58s
Vintage 10 inch 78 LP records Joe Haymes, Ben Light, Alan Dale, Kay Kyser US $22.00 Buy It Now 48m 34s
BEN REEL - DARKNESS & THE LIGHT - NEW CD US $15.84 Buy It Now 51m 49s
GOOD TIME PEOPLE THE STARS OF GENTLE BEN TV SHOW BEAR FACTS 1969 US $12.99 Buy It Now 52m 48s
BEN E. KING soul 45 I GUESS ITS GOODBYE / TAKE ME ~ MANDALA VG++ to M- US $3.90 Buy It Now 53m 40s
BEN E. KING soul 45 SPREAD MYSELF AROUND / GUESS ~ MANDALA VG+ / M- US $4.68 Buy It Now 53m 40s
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals - Excellent Huge Poster US $12.23 Buy It Now 59m 32s
Give Till It's Gone [Digipak] by Ben Harper (CD, May-2011, Virgin) US $0.99 [1 bids]
59m 36s
NARIMICHI KAWABATA + DANIEL BEN-PIENAAR LIEBESLEID CLASSICAL CD NEW AND SEALED US $13.06 [0 bids]
Ben Harper - By My Side [CD New] US $11.01 Buy It Now 1h 6m
BEN LIEBRAND Featuring NASTY CHAT - I Wish - 1990 UK 3-track 12" vinyl Single US $20.15 Buy It Now 1h 9m
MICHAEL JACKSON " BEN " Or.UK TAMLA MOTOWN EX+ COND. US $2.11 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Ramma Lamma Tiger 7" EP Plexi 3 Monitors Kill-A-Watts Sagger Flips ben lyon NEW US $1.99 [0 bids]
BEN COLDER Still No. 2 VG- 45 RPM US $0.19 [0 bids]
BEN HOWARD - EVERY KINGDOM NEW CD US $30.66 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Ben Tankard--Keynote Speaker CD1990 Gospel US $4.99 [0 bids]
BEN CHAPMAN WITH SILVAH BULLET, SUPERSONIC - 12" SINGLE US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Leon Mobley AFRO GROOVES CD DVD Ben Harper BHIC vinyl Africian Djembe Remo New US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Michael Jackson - Ben / You Can Cry on My Shoulder (VG) 1972 #779 US $6.00 [0 bids]
BEN E KING SOMEBODY'S KNOCKING NM UNPLAYED? 7" 45 rpm INTL SHIP? VEK 12 zk US $19.99 [0 bids]
JAI UTTAL / BEN LEINBACH - LOVELAND: MUSIC FOR DREAMING & AWAKENING NEW CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Ben E King soul 45 INTO THE MYSTIC / WHITE MOON ~ Mandala VG++ US $4.92 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Ben E King soul 45 GOODBYE MY OLD GAL / I CANT TAKE IT LIKE A MAN ~ Maxwell VG++ US $4.92 Buy It Now 1h 35m
WARRIORS OF THE SILVER SCREEN 2 CD ALBUM SILVA SCREEN EL CID BEN HUR BRAVEHEART US $11.09 Buy It Now 1h 41m
BEN SANDERS- FALLING IN SOMETHING/ WE HAD IT ALL 7" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE B-52'S:GOOD STUFF,12",1992,BEN GROSSE AND MOBY REMIXES,REPRISE,EX US $1.62 [0 bids]
BEN MILLER Good & Faithful Servant CD gospel folk Christian w/ Roy Miller OG US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Ben Van Den Dungen-Jarmo Hoogendijk 5etHeart of the matter European Jazz US $12.99 [0 bids]
RARE BEN & SA TUMBA "SENOR BOLERO" FRENCH 60'S 10'inch US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Ben Howard 2014 1trk PROMO CD I Forget Where We Were US $50.62 [11 bids]
Songs for Silverman by Ben Folds (CD, Apr-2005, Epic (USA)) US $4.49 [0 bids]
Andy Ortmann / Ben Vida LP electronic music modular synth EML EMU ARP Korg US $10.00 [0 bids]
Ben Harper - Gold To Me +2 Live Tracks - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Ben McPeek Play Me LP Canadian RCA Record. Advance Copy S 5174 US $10.99 [0 bids]
BEN WEBSTER JAZZ RARE LP GEMA GERMANY NEAR MINT US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Ben Harper - Whipping Boy (Edit 4:04) - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h 53m
New, THE CHARM OF THE OLD MUSIC BOX, Sealed LP! Ben Bolt,AVE MARIA,Silent Night! US $5.00 [0 bids]
MICHAEL JACKSON,Ben,MOTOWN 1972 Mono/Stereo WLP Promo DJ 45! Rat Film Soundtrack US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ben Wasson 45 Lonely Much Too Long / If You Can't Stop Loving Him US $3.00 [0 bids]
BEN HARPER: GOLD TO ME; 1995 PROMO ONLY LIKE NEW CD SINGLE W/ 2 RARE LIVE SONGS US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
BEN LIEBRAND - INTERGALACTIC DISCO, VOL. 2 - NEW CD BOXSET US $20.78 Buy It Now 2h 5m
BEN LIEBRAND - VOL. 9-GRAND 12-INCHES (IMPORT) NEW CD US $65.56 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Ben Sidran Puttin' in Time on Planet Earth LP Record. Blue Thumb Jazz US $11.99 [0 bids]
BEN'S BROTHER - Beta Male Fairytales - 2007 CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 2h 17m
BEN LEE TYLER Would you wake up ALTERNATE VERS& DEMO CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
PROMO CD SPARKLEHORSE Lucinda Williams OURS Ben Folds US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Ben Folds Landed GREAT COVER ART PROMO DJ CD Single US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Boz Scaggs Ben Sidran Original Classic Columbia LP in Shrink 1971 US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
VARIOUS ARTISTS/BEN - ESKIMOS, MEAN OLD QUEENS AND LITTLE BITTY STEERS - NEW CD US $21.66 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Ben Folds/Nick Hornby-Lonely Avenue-Nonesuch 524876-DJ COPY US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Ben Webster SEVEN CLASSIC ALBUMS Remastered 52 SONG COLLECTION New Sealed 4 CD US $10.99 [1 bids]
1958 SWING COMP Great Jazz Don Byas Ben Webster Coleman Hawkins Stan Getz @ US $1.99 [0 bids]
GREAT COUNTRY ROCK ~ BEN WASSON ~ DIXIE 111 "GOD BLESS YA BROTHER" 60s US $12.65 [0 bids]
Ben Stallard "Darby Creek Nightmare/Believe Who You Want To" Starr Columbus 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster - Verve Mono Lp US $4.99 [0 bids]
BUSH Ben Kweller Replacements CURVE Tonic PROMO DJ CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Ben Bagley's Shoestring Revues Original Cast LP, , Good US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
BEN FOLDS Smithereens COLD Sterephonics A3 A 3 PROMO CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Ben Colder - Hello Wall No. 2 45 1963 US $1.29 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Ben & Ellen Harper Childhood Home CD NEW US $3.69 [0 bids]
LP THEMES FROM BEN CASEY AND OTHER GREAT TV SHOWS DIPLOMAT DS-2269 VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Ben Vereen Off Stage Buddah LP 5627 US $7.20 Buy It Now 2h 53m
BEN HARPER & RELENTLESS7 Sealed NEW CD White Lies For Dark Times ROCK! US $7.77 Buy It Now 2h 53m
1971 Michael Jackson 45 BEN US $0.75 [0 bids]
Ben Colder - Don't Go Near The Eskimos 45 1962 US $1.79 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Freak Out, It's... Ben Kweller, Original Pressing CD, 2000 US $54.00 [0 bids]
Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five (CD, Mar-1997, Sony Music... US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h
Ben Colder - Harper Valley P.T.A. Later That Same day 45 1968 NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h
BEN E.KING/COASTERS stand by me/yakety yak 7" split reissue (a9361) pic sleeve u US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h
Ben Colder - Harper Valley P.T.A. Later That Same Day 45 1968 VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h
Whatever and Ever Amen [Bonus Tracks] [PA] [Remaster] by Ben Folds Five (CD,... US $5.79 Buy It Now 3h 2m
BEN SIDRAN-The Doctor Is In-77/2011 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Supersunnyspeedgraphic: The LP [PA] by Ben Folds (CD, Oct-2006, Sony Music... US $6.79 Buy It Now 3h 9m
PROMO CD ROSANNE CASH David Gray BEN HARPER Supergrass US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
CD BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS Lifeline MINT CANADA US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
BEN COLDER - SPOOFING THE BIG ONES LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
BEN HARPER AND THE BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA - THERE WILL BE A LIGHT-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
BEN BAGLEY'S Irvings Berlin 33 12" Painted Smiles Record EX/VG Soul Doo Wop LP US $3.25 [0 bids]
Ben Vereen: Signed, Sealed, Delivered! SEALED LP - Soul US $6.30 Buy It Now 3h 20m
1984 BEN MOORE-ROLL RIVER ROLL Record Album (SEALED) air 10084 LP US $15.99 [0 bids]
Compact Jazz by Hawkins, Coleman, Webster, Ben US $7.80 Buy It Now 3h 24m
(AC149) Lineage & Ben Reel, Scoring Goals - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Ben Harper : Burn to Shine CD (1999) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
"Driveway Blues" b/w "Here Comes My Gal" Ben Harper/Cinco's on Talent US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ben Sollee, Half Made Man; 10 track PR-ADV CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ben Cina & KJ Hines My Last Confession 3 Tack CD EP Sealed US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ben One BenOne Never Leave My Girl USDJ US DJ Radio Promo CD Single US $4.99 [0 bids]
Ben Vaughn Dressed In Black CD 1990 Release Enigma Records OOP RARE Alex Chilton US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ben Fold Five Army w/ 2 Unreleased Songs 45 RPM p/s US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 49m
78RPM Decca 874 Ben Bernie, v B Wilson, San Francisco V/ Long Ago + Far Away wV US $19.95 [0 bids]
BEN LIGHT * IT HAD TO BE YOU & I'LL GET BY * 45 RPM US $5.75 Buy It Now 3h 51m
JAZZ LP BEN SIDRAN A LITTLE KISS IN THE NIGHT US $5.85 Buy It Now 4h 7m
BEN HARPER Burn to Shine CD, 1999, reggae US $2.24 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Queers Grow Up Lookout Ben Weasel With Insert VG++ US $13.49 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Jorge Ben Brazil MONO 7" E.P. Samba Esquema Novo original 1963 shipped from NY US $16.00 [2 bids]
Ben Folds Five's "Ben Folds Five" Compact Disc, CD - Excellent Condition US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1266752) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 03, 2014

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"