BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

Ben White & The Darchaes Mega Rare 45 RPM Play Graded Excellent USD $100.00 [1 bids]
33m 35s
BEN COOPER - Rockin PSYCHOBILLY / ROCKABILLY CD Restless USD $5.77 Buy It Now 40m 29s
BEN FOLDS FIVE - rare tour concert / gig poster - nov 2012 USD $5.54 Buy It Now 41m 4s
IRON MAIDEN - OFFICIAL FRIDGE MAGNET - logo killers trooper powerslave beast USD $4.37 Buy It Now 46m 5s
Ben Brako: "Baya"; Ghanaian Highlife Musica LP MCL-870801 USD $8.75 [0 bids]
46m 14s
26599 Ben E. King Stand By Me [NEW & SEALED] CD (2005) USD $7.20 Buy It Now 49m 55s
Nice Original Atco 45 BEN E. KING What Can A Man Do / Si Senor 45-6303 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 54m 25s
Ben Sidran - Dylan Different [CD New] USD $14.74 Buy It Now 55m 19s
EX Original 2nd cover Motown LP MICHAEL JACKSON "Ben" Clean copy USD $19.99 Buy It Now 59m 3s
BEN E. KING - TIPPIN'/I SEE THE LIGHT 45 RPM 1978 USD $2.47 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BEN E. KING **PROMO** SUPERNATURAL THING PART I A SIDE STEREO, B SIDE MONO 1975 USD $12.77 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BEN E. KING - GOODBYE MY OLD GAL/I CAN'T TAKE IT LIKE A MAN 45 RPM 1970 USD $1.67 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BEN E. KING - I COULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT/GYPSY 45 RPM 1963 USD $1.67 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Dylan Different - Ben Sidran (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Blaster Bates Vol.4 Watch Out For The Bits Vinyl LP Big Ben Label BB00.07 USD $8.75 Buy It Now 1h 13m
LAVERN BAKER & BEN E. KING - HOW OFTEN/A HELP EACH OTHER ROMANCE 45 RPM 1960 USD $4.47 Buy It Now 1h 14m
8/2/75PMM32 NEWSPAPER CLIPPING : BEN JOHNSTON OF STEELEYE SPAN USD $7.30 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Ben E. King: Do It In The Name Of Love / Imagination 45 - Soul USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Bloodred Yonder - Ben Rogers (2015, CD USD $3.52 [0 bids]
Dora Hall "Once Upon a Tour" SEALED NM COZY RECORDS LP Rosey Grier, Ben Blue USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
BEN SIDRAN Too Hot To Touch LP Windham Hill A&M 370108-1 UK Pressing NM USD $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 30m
RICHARD PRYOR - RICHARD PRYOR BLACK BEN BLACKSMITH LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
78rpm TED HEATH big ben bounce / sabre dance boogie USD $14.61 Buy It Now 1h 37m
(GG569) Ben Lee, Cigarettes Will Kill You - 1999 DJ CD USD $3.58 Buy It Now 1h 40m
BEN E KING 7" 'I'M STANDING BY' (LONDON) USD $14.59 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Miri Ben-Ari : The Hip-Hop Violinist LOT OF 3 CD SEALED USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Sting ?Englishman In New York (The Ben Liebrand Mix) 12'Vinyl single the police USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
NO WARNING Suffer, Survive +3 FIRST JAPAN CD OBI WPCR-12030 Ben Cook Terror USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Themes from TV / 1962 / Diplomat DS-2269 / Includes "Ben Casey", "Dr. Kildare" USD $3.75 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Dream Invisible (Audio CD), Ben Jordan USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 9m
This Waiting Game, The Ben Cox Band USD $19.80 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BEN WEBSTER-FOR THE GUV'NOR-ORIGINAL PORTUGUESE CASSETTE TAPE-JAZZ-1985- USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
BEN E KING Spread Myself Around (Stereo) b/w (Mono) PROMO COPY 45 M-- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Ben Neill Cd Green Machine - Astralwerks USD $4.45 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Ben Hopkins CD Classical Pianist Live Recital 2012 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
BEN E. KING R&B Soul 45 Atco #6284 Groovin b/w What Now My Love VG++ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Olive Marshall / Elizabeth Spencer - Love Came Calling / Ben Bolt - Edison 80810 USD $28.97 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Dogfight - Original Cast Recording - Ben Pasek (NEW CD) USD $19.34 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Ben Christophers - My Beautiful Demon (1999) USD $0.88 [0 bids]
Ben Mallott - Look Good Feel Good [CD New] USD $12.79 Buy It Now 2h 51m
MACKLIN, Ben/JAY P feat JOY MALCOLM - The Best Things - CD (CD single) USD $12.55 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD ALBUM - Ben's Brother - Beta Male Fairytales (2007) USD $1.45 [0 bids]
BEN HARPER and RELENTLESS 7 - Shimmer and Shine/ Spanish Red Wine USD $9.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Ben & Jason: Ten Songs About You (New CD) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Sound Syndicate - Jim Shisler - Dave Wright - Jim Covey - Ben Ayling USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
Vincent Edwards (star of Ben Casey) In Person at The Riviera Las Vegas 1963 LP USD $7.29 [0 bids]
BEN FOLDS FIVE ~ BATTLE of WHO Could CARE LESS ~PROMO CD~ LP & F*ckless Versions USD $8.95 Buy It Now 3h 12m
BEN & JASON - Air Guitar - CD Single - 1999 - 3 Tracks USD $5.77 Buy It Now 3h 16m
BEN & JASON - Romeo & Juliet Are Drowning - CD Single - 1999 USD $5.77 Buy It Now 3h 21m
JAZZ 78 rpm RECORD Vocalion THE AMBASSADORS Before you go BEN SELVIN Raggedy Ann USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Menagerie 7" 45 PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY Love I Have To Give SOUL ROCK BIG BEN 1976 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Makin' Whoopee Ben Webster vinyl LP album record UK SPJLP9 SPOTLITE 1976 USD $25.17 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Both Sides of the Gun [Special Edition] by Ben Harper (CD, Mar-2006, 3 Discs,... USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Miri Ben-Ari We Gonna Win 12" Universal MBA-01 2005 Vinyl USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
JORGE BEN Tropical LP 1976 US EX latin bossa funk groove samba soul jazz USD $19.90 [0 bids]
BEN E. KING: Tell Daddy / Auf Wiedersehen, My Dear 45 Soul USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Ben Webster - King Of The Tenors [CD New] USD $10.86 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Ben E. King "Young Boy Blues" 12"LP Clarion Mono 606 The Drifters R&B G+/VG+ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Don Byas / Paul Gonsalves / Ben Webster ?- The Three Tenors, Germany CD 1996 USD $8.89 Buy It Now 4h
Ben Kweller - BEN KWELLER CD - New USD $3.49 Buy It Now 4h 2m
rare french 7" COUSINEAU " j't'aime ben ..." USD $12.00 [0 bids]
Ben Hur ~ Miklos Rozsa (CD, 2010) Original Motion Picture Soundtrack USD $11.69 Buy It Now 4h 8m
BEN E KING~IT AIN'T FAIR~NEAR MINT~ATCO~TIL I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY~NORTHERN SOUL 45 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
BEN SIDRAN~FEEL YOUR GROOVE~NEAR MINT~RARE PROMO~ARISTA ~ FUNK 45 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
THE BIG BEN BANJO BAND *DJ COPY* "JAPANESE SANDMAN" 45 RPM USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Klock,ben - Fabric 66: Ben Klock NEW CD USD $9.66 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BEN COLDER: Big Ben Strikes Again LP (Mono, shrink, slight foxing under shrink) USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
LIBERTY RECORDS JOINER BIG BEN/NATIONAL CITY 45 RPM RECORD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Ben Frost Theory of Machines LP vinyl record indie sealed swans USD $21.95 Buy It Now 4h 20m
BEN VAUGHN (COMBO) The man who has everything 7" PROMO NEW WAVE USD $7.29 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Mlle LEILA BEN SEDIRA PROCH THEME ET VARIATIONS PARLOPHONE 29.525 USD $10.21 Buy It Now 4h 21m
RARE TRX CD MATCHBOX 20 Indigo Girls DAR WILLIAMS Michelle Branch BEN TAYLOR 04 USD $23.74 Buy It Now 4h 22m
String Quintets Ben. 271-273 Vol. 17 - Pleyel / Ignaz Pleyel (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.50 Buy It Now 4h 25m
The Consummate Artistry Of Ben Webster MGN-1001 USD $25.00 [0 bids]
JOHN LEGEND - Get Lifted - 2004 CD - KANYE WEST - SNOOP DOGG - MIRI BEN-ARI USD $1.45 [0 bids]
Dylan Different by Ben Sidran (CD, Oct-2009, Audio & Video Labs, Inc.) USD $13.13 Buy It Now 4h 28m
King Of The Tenors - Ben Webster (CD Used Very Good) USD $8.86 Buy It Now 4h 37m
(GQ869) Ben Ottewell, Rattlebag - DJ CD USD $4.37 [0 bids]
White Sulphur Springs - Ben Bullington (CD Used Very Good) USD $17.53 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs 2LP NEW 180G USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
SOUL 45RPM RECORD - BEN E KING - ATCO 6267 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Ben Folds & Nick Hornby - Lonely Avenue LP NEW 180G W/ CD USD $22.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
BEN-BIG-BEN CD NEW USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Mood Swings, Vaughn, Ben, Very Good USD $8.98 Buy It Now 4h 41m
King of the Tenors by Ben Webster (CD, Oct-1993, Verve) USD $8.46 Buy It Now 4h 42m
zv) Soundtrack/Film music Ben Hur Miklos Rosza Hollywood Collection No. 3 EAST USD $69.54 Buy It Now 4h 44m
BEN HARPER Four Songs 1993 SAMPLER PROMO DJ CD Single 1993 DIE CUT PACKAGING USD $14.24 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Zahava Ben - Genuine King [CD New] USD $16.89 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Ben Perry - Illumination Guided Meditations [CD New] USD $20.37 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Ben Popp - Meme Pas Peur [CD New] USD $13.75 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Jorge Ben - Ben [CD New] USD $16.41 Buy It Now 5h
Ben Kweller / Wasted & Ready - Digipack USD $1.46 Buy It Now 5h
Ben Harper-Fight For Your Mind RSD 2015 Limited/Colored Vinyl 500 signed NEW LP USD $44.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Hommage A Primrose -Hartmut Lindemann CD (Ben Martin-Piano) USD $11.67 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite - Get Up! LP NEW w/Download USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
BEN E KING I(WHO HAVE NOTHING) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.95 Buy It Now
Ben Von Wildenhaus - II LP NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
* 1979 BEN MOORE Slow Dancin' ROADSHOW Rare MODERN SOUL LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Sax Scene [Ben Webster] (UK 1974) : Big Sid Catlett Quartet USD $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Everything in Color - Ben Cantelon New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $11.92 Buy It Now 5h 22m
LP ben
BEN
~ USD $21.06

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"