BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

Ben Tucker Baby you should have known better. AVA 27 LP NM USD $5.89 Buy It Now
BIG BEN HAWAIIAN BAND LP - FIESTA 1763 Blue Hawaiian Skies USD $15.75 Buy It Now
BEN E. KING - Don't Take Your Sweet Love Away- NS DJ 45 USD $7.00 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER AND THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS - BURN TO SHINE CD VIRGIN RECORDS 1999 USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Ben E King Souvenirs Of Love 45 PROMO Soul Atlantic 3839 Mono & Stereo USD $7.95 Buy It Now
BEN E KING - Let Me Live In Your Life ~ VINYL LP USD $5.75 Buy It Now
X-Factor Live 2015 Official Tour Programme Book Program BRAND NEW Ben Haenow USD $2.54 [0 bids]
Ben Folds In Concert 2015-2015 New Sealed 10" vinyl Black Friday RSD 2016 USD $18.99 Buy It Now
BEN WATT - Buzzin Fly 1 - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $44.95 Buy It Now
Mia Vita Mio Ben - Gasparini/Gaffi/ (2008, CD New) Hallenberg (MEZ)/Andersen (SO USD $16.34 Buy It Now
BEN HALL - Talent 736 - Stormy Skies / Driftwood - 1949 HILLBILLY 78 VG/VG+ USD $20.00 Buy It Now
"Pollack, Ben"-19281929 Vol 2 CD NEW USD $16.94 Buy It Now
Ben Gay: Ballad of Ben Gay / Silly Savage Serenade USD $8.97 Buy It Now
Ben Folds - So There Vinyl LP Record USD $19.00 Buy It Now
Everything in Color 2012 by Ben Cantelon EXLibrary USD $4.42 Buy It Now
Ben Montague - Back Into Paradise (CD 2015) ***SIGNED*** USD $12.76 [0 bids]
THE LOUISVILLE ORCHESTRA Mega Rare Mono LP Paul Ben-Haim, Sidney Harth Violinist USD $8.99 [0 bids]
Ben Woolman, Benjamin Woolman - Wisdom/Delusion [New CD] USD $21.29 Buy It Now
Daniel-Ben Pienaar, - Gibbons: Complete Keyboard Works [New CD] USD $35.83 Buy It Now
Ben Bagley Shoestring '57 Bea Arthur OFFBEAT LP 4012 USD $22.49 Buy It Now
Ben Woolman, Benjamin Woolman - Wisdom/Delusion [New CD] USD $16.84 Buy It Now
Various Artists-Bill And Ben - Flobbatastic! CD CD Excellent USD $3.35 Buy It Now
Before The Sun - Hannah / Savage,Ben Sanders (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.47 Buy It Now
Spanish Harlem/don't Play That Song - Ben E. King Compact Disc USD $15.72 Buy It Now
BEN WEBSTER: For the Guv'nor LP 1969 Dutch original orange label press NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now
26599 Ben E. King Stand By Me [NEW & SEALED] CD (2005) USD $6.30 Buy It Now
Ben's Brother - BETA MALE FAIRYTALES CD USD $4.47 Buy It Now
Sweet Beliefs Cyann & Ben MUSIC CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
CYANN & BEN - WORDS - 2 track promo CD USD $1.26 Buy It Now
BEN SIDRAN I lead a life JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD SEALED USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Kweller, Ben: Sha Sha Import Audio CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
BEN ZEEV, Eran - I Am Here EP - Vinyl (12") USD $10.13 Buy It Now
REGINA BEN AMITTAY ISRAELI WAR SONGS & CHORUS & ORCH ARYEH LEVANON RARE SIGNED USD $90.00 Buy It Now
NORTHERN SOUL- BEN E. KING- SPANISH HARLEM - 45 RPM - (ORIGINAL) NEW MINT USD $15.00 Buy It Now
VINIL 7" 45 JORGE BEN "FIO MARAVILHA" / MPB 4 VIVA "ZAPATRIA" 1972 BRAZIL USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Jorge Ben Fio Maravilha / MPB4 Viva Zapatria 7" single 1968 1st Ed 33 rpm Brazil USD $24.60 [0 bids]
Jorge Ben Jor : Homo Sapiens CD USD $4.68 Buy It Now
Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster 1964 LP NM wax Japan 1981 reissue USD $24.99 Buy It Now
BEN FOLDS - IN CONCERT 2015-2016 VINYL EP NEW+ USD $23.94 Buy It Now
Michael Jackson - Ben - Japan Import - SHM-CD - UICY-15079 USD $39.99 Buy It Now
BIG BEN BANJO BAND LP VINYL RECORD ZING CON BANJOS RARE ARGENTINA NEAR MINT USD $4.95 Buy It Now
Miklos Rozsa Frankenland State Symphony Orchestra ?- BEN HUR music MGM LP 1960 USD $1.26 [0 bids]
Atkins, Ben: Mabelle Audio CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
EXTRA MUSICAL LP VINYL PICK UPS NOCTURNOS BIG BEN DYNO POP ROCK BEAT CUMBIA RARE USD $14.99 Buy It Now
JAY FARRAR of son volt and BEN GIBBARD of death cab for cutie 7" Vinyl Record USD $9.95 Buy It Now
BEN E. KING / STAND BY ME AND OTHER HITS / CD / MINT USD $5.95 Buy It Now
Gerry Mulligan - Meets Ben Webster [New CD] USD $10.75 Buy It Now
Ben E King Supernatural Vinyl *SEALED* USD $25.00 Buy It Now
COLEMAN HAWKINS BEN WEBSTER BENNY CARTER THREE GREAT SWING SAXOPHONES CD 1989 USD $3.18 Buy It Now
ben watt (everything but the girl) fever dream rare cd USD $3.82 Buy It Now
Ben Harper: Both Sides of the Gun Audio CD USD $5.78 Buy It Now
Ben Harper & the Innocent Crimin: Lifeline CD Audio CD USD $11.97 Buy It Now
I Have Songs In My Pocket - Ben E. Bobby Susser Singers / Ki (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.82 Buy It Now
Ben Vereen: Signed, Sealed, Delivered! SEALED LP - Soul USD $7.65 Buy It Now
BEN WEBSTER - STORMY WEATHER- BLACK LION-CD USD $4.81 [5 bids]
Ben E. King - Young Boy Blues (Clarion 606) (Mono) (of The Drifters) (Beatles LP USD $14.99 Buy It Now
"Ben-Hur Prelude" Disco!! Artist Unknown Acetate RARE UK 7"Listen Only Copy? USD $19.00 Buy It Now
NEW Mosh Ben Ari LIVE 2 CD + 1 DVD Set USD $10.99 Buy It Now
Southern Swingers Vol. 3 Cassette ©1989 SPR South Pacific Fiji Ben Baleiwai USD $30.00 Buy It Now
BEN E. KING "FORGIVE THIS FOOL" 45 RPM USD $3.99 [0 bids]
BEN E. KING "SHE KNOWS WHAT YOU DO TO ME" 45 RPM USD $3.99 [0 bids]
BEN E. KING "SPANISH HARLEM" 45 RPM USD $2.99 [1 bids]
BEN COLDER (SHEB WOOLEY) 1968 PROMO Little Green Apples #2 45rpm MGM DISK JOCKEY USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Ben Leinbach, Jai Uttal: Bhakti Bazaar: Music for Yoga & Other Joys Volume 2 Au USD $10.48 Buy It Now
: Pieces, Threaded: Piano Music of Ben Leeds Carson, 1999-2009 Audio CD USD $10.78 Buy It Now
BEN FOLDS FIVE Underground 2 RARE LIVE TRX & EDIT Europe CD single USA seller USD $23.74 Buy It Now
El Elefante by Ben Sidran (CD, Jan-2003, Liquid 8) USD $6.07 Buy It Now
Half-Made Man 2012 by Ben Sollee . EXLIBRARY USD $4.89 Buy It Now
Bal a L Huile - Maudit Que J Filais Ben [New CD] Canada - Import USD $12.85 Buy It Now
Maudit Que J Filais Ben - Bal A L Huile (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.28 Buy It Now
TOM & BEN PALEY - PALEY & SON CD NEW+ USD $25.20 Buy It Now
Bal a L Huile - Maudit Que J Filais Ben [New CD] Canada - Import USD $12.28 Buy It Now
Coleman Hawkins encounters Ben Webster German Verve LP USD $10.21 [0 bids]
Ben E. King ?- Let Me Live In Your Life Atlantic ?- K 50527 UK Vinyl LP Album USD $15.92 [0 bids]
WAY DOWN SOUTH (BIG BEN BANJO BAND)7" PIC SLEEVE SINGLE USD $6.38 [0 bids]
Maudit Que J'Filais Ben New CD USD $20.28 Buy It Now
BEN'S BROTHER - Battling Giants - 2009 CD USD $3.18 Buy It Now
Victrola 78rpm, Enrico Caruso-Trovatore Ah, si ben mio. 88121 EX. USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind 724384062026 EU CD W-4776 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Ben Light I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - I Cried For You Tempo TR 516 USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Ben Light Toot Toot Toostie You Made Me Love You Tempo TR 1204 USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Ben Light at the Steinway Singin in the Rain Pagan Love Song Tempo TR 594 USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Alan Vega/Alex Chilton/Ben Vaughn Live at Transmusicales 2x Vinyl LP Record NEW! USD $16.99 Buy It Now
Ben Bagley - Cole Porter Revisited LP RIC M 3002 NM In Shrink USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Ben Bagley's Noel Coward Revisited LP MGM SE 4430 NM In Shrink USD $6.99 Buy It Now
BEN LEE American Television PROMO dj CD Single MINT 08 USD $14.24 Buy It Now
Ben Kweller Commerce TX NICE PHOTO PROMO DJ CD Single USD $14.24 Buy It Now
ZEHAVA BEN REAL KING HEBREW ISRAELI ???? ?? ??? ????? EX CONDITION RARE CD USD $22.00 Buy It Now
Ben Folds Five - Self Titled (s/t) 180G LP REISSUE NEW PLAIN classic debut album USD $123.00 Buy It Now
Ben Haenow - Something I Need (4 track CD single) USD $5.10 Buy It Now
BEN E. KING, IT'S ALL OVER, LET THE WATER RUN DOWN,1964, VERY GOOD CONDITION USD $11.49 [0 bids]
Live In Lexington: Under the Copper Beech CD Ben Rudnick Cowgirl Song Jambalaya USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Rockin' the Suburbs by Ben Folds (CD, Sep-2001, Sony Music Distribution (USA)) USD $9.01 Buy It Now
Ben Harper: Steal My Kisses PROMO MUSIC AUDIO CD Neptunes Beat Box Mix USD $80.99 Buy It Now
Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five (CD, Mar-1997, Sony Music... USD $9.00 Buy It Now
The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner by Ben Folds Five (CD,... USD $9.00 Buy It Now
Bean & Ben Coleman Hawkins Ben Webster Thelonious Monk LP Jazz Harlequin Blues USD $24.99 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER Shimmer and Shine ULTRA RARE TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD Single 2009 USA USD $18.99 Buy It Now
Ben Folds,Ben Folds,Regina Spektor : Way To Normal CD (2008) USD $3.60 Buy It Now
D215 - Ben Sidran - A Little Kiss In The Night (1978, Arista AB 4178) - Vinyl USD $5.99 Buy It Now

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released pÄ Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"