BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

Soulville - Ben Quintet Webster 889397557027 (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $18.32 Buy It Now 37m 45s
Ben Sidran Bumpin' at the Sunside! Billy Peterson Bob Rockwell Japan CD NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 47m 58s
THREE BY VIVIAN ELLIS - BIG BEN TOUGH AT THE TOP AS SO TO BED 12" VINYL LP USD $8.67 Buy It Now 48m 12s
SCREEN CLASSICS - Japan OST CD Roy Orbison Ben E King Percy Sledge Henry Mancini USD $13.99 Buy It Now 48m 15s
The Piano Songs 2 - Japan 2 CD CHICAGO BILLY JOEL BEN FOLDS FIVE ALICIA KEYS USD $13.99 Buy It Now 49m 8s
10 Years of Trance - 2 CD NEW Shazz Watkins Ben Darren USD $13.99 Buy It Now 49m 51s
Clementine - Sings Ben Sidran - Japan CD - 11Tracks Clémentine USD $18.99 Buy It Now 49m 52s
The Art Tatum / Ben Webster Quartet **Original UK Columbia Clef 33CX 10137 LP** USD $19.76 [2 bids]
50m 51s
Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman - Japan CD+1BONUS USD $13.90 Buy It Now 52m 32s
45 RPM Vinyl Theme From Ben Casey Valjean Jon Neel Carlton 45ame8 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h
BEN E. WILLIAMS 7"45RPM Pink Coloured Vinyl Record RARE R&b Soul Doo-Wop Rock NM USD $6.37 [0 bids]
(GC801) Ben Watt, Nathaniel - 2014 DJ CD USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BEN LEE AUSTRALIAN SINGER SONGERWRITER SIGNED COVER USD $11.24 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Ben Weasel Don't Like It [EP] by No Empathy (CD, Nov-1996, Broken Rekids) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
BEN-HUR OST 1959 JAPAN TO 1M CD OBI 2620yen TOCP MIKLOS ROZSA 1ST PRESS USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Johnny Hodges "Four Classic Albums" Al Sears Ben Webster Flip Phillips 2CD NM USD $5.45 [0 bids]
NOISE ADDICT Meet The Real You CD BRAND NEW Ben Lee USD $10.12 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Ben-Zion Miller w/ Neginah Orchestra - Kaliver Nigunim 1976 12" 33 RPM LP (EX) USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Johnny Hodges "Second Set - Three Classic Albums Plus" Ben Webster 2CD NM USD $5.45 [0 bids]
Fletcher Henderson "Swing 1929 - 1937" Ben Webster Rex Stewart CD NM OOP USD $1.36 [0 bids]
NOISE ADDICT Young & Jaded CD BRAND NEW Ben Lee 6 track EP USD $11.37 Buy It Now 1h 35m
"Webster, Ben / Oscar"-Legendary Sessions 2Cd CD NEW USD $21.01 Buy It Now 1h 36m
BEN HAENOW BEN HAENOW CD - NEW RELEASE NOVEMBER 2015 USD $15.25 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Iwate ben Hogenshi no Sekai Junjo Hen - Japan CD NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
King's Consort (Ben Tavera King, Lute) - Celtic Wings - New Age / Celtic CD! New USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals - Live From Mars Sampler -Audio CD RARE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
BEN LIEBRAND 12" SINGLE "I WISH" USD $1.35 [0 bids]
Anat Ben-David - Virtual Leisure - 15 Track USD $5.44 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Original Video Game Soundtrack - Ben 10 Omniverse NEW CD USD $13.62 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Hendra 0885606000902 by Ben Watt, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $21.28 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Big Ben Banjo Band - Dancin Banjos LP (1989) SH 1078211 EMI USD $1.35 [0 bids]
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals - Burn to Shine (CD) Fast Postage USD $6.80 Buy It Now 2h 21m
(BT141) Ben's Symphonic Orchestra - 2003 DJ CD USD $2.11 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Ben & Art Tatum Webster - Ben Webster-Art Tatum Quartet [CD New] USD $10.70 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BEN HARPER WITH CHARLIE MUSSELWHITE GET UP! SEALED CD NEW 2013 GET UP USD $7.40 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Ben E King - Rough Edges - Rare LP in Great Conditions - L1 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
BEN E.KING/PERCY SLEDGE/SAM & DAVE/JACKIE WILSON LP - GREATEST HITS MEMORIES USD $1.36 [1 bids]
4 X BEN FOLDS 2016 TOUR FLYERS - Y MUSIC MANCHESTER GATESHEAD LONDON PALLADIUM USD $1.91 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Ben Sidran The Doctor Is In UK vinyl LP album record SPARTY1022 ARISTA 1977 USD $25.82 Buy It Now 2h 56m
JONNY GREENWOOD AND THE RAJASTHAN E SHYE BEN-TZUR - JUNUN 2 VINYL LP NEW+ USD $87.90 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Ben Taylor 3 Rare Radio CD singles on Iris Records 2009 USD $6.80 Buy It Now 3h
Ben Harper- By My Side-CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Solaris, Ben Frost & Daniel B, 0880319536526 USD $15.42 Buy It Now 3h 14m
There Will Be A Light, 0724357120623, Ben Harper and the B USD $15.17 Buy It Now 3h 18m
BEN LEE AUSTRALIAN ICONIC SINGER SONG WRITER SIGNED COVER +2 PHOTOS USD $11.24 Buy It Now 3h 23m
BEN WEBSTER-PLAYS DUKE ELLINGTON-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Ben Harper & Relentless7 - White Lies For Dark Times - Rare 11trk promo CD USD $6.80 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Time Life Records Present Giants of Jazz Ben Webster 33 rpm 3 Album Set sealed USD $10.00 [0 bids]
CD Ben Pugsley - Sat Where the Castle Stood USD $1.35 [0 bids]
SOUNDTRACK THEATER LP COLE PORTER REVISITED BEN BAGLEY USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Ben Folds - Stems & Seeds [CD New] USD $10.39 Buy It Now 3h 49m
A Festival of French Organ Music - Oosten Ben Van New & Sealed Compact Disc Free USD $22.14 Buy It Now 3h 49m
BEN WEBSTER & DEXTER GORDON-TENOR TITANS-JAPAN CD B63 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
MICHAEL JACKSON/JACKSON 5-18 GREATEST HITS CD/BEN/ROCKIN' ROBIN/I WANT YOU BACK USD $2.71 [0 bids]
Listening, Ben Taylor, 8717931324717 USD $16.21 Buy It Now 3h 58m
BEN WEBSTER & BUCK CLAYTON-BEN & BUCK-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 59m
All Over You, Ben Jackson Group, New USD $5.18 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Ben E. King - I Had A Love 1976 Soul promo SD 18169 NM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Stems & Seeds [PA] by Ben Folds (CD, Feb-2009, 2 Discs, Epic (USA)) USD $7.79 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Ben-Haim: Chamber Music For Strings [Carmel Quartet, Shuli Waterman] [Toccata C. USD $16.75 Buy It Now 4h
Warm Moods + Bbb & Co (2LPs on one CD), Ben Webster, 8436542015516 USD $12.43 Buy It Now 4h
Time To Get Real, 5060051826184, Ben Reel USD $16.62 Buy It Now 4h 2m
10" 78 Ipana Troubadours, The "I'm So Afraid Of You" COLUMBIA CB 252 Ben Selvin USD $54.49 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Grand 12-Inches Vol.10, 0888837034623, Ben Liebrand USD $39.84 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Cigarettes Will Kill You Ben Lee UK CD single (CD5 / 5") GR15000CD GRAND ROYAL USD $12.93 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Ben Lee CD single (CD5 / 5") Nothing Much Happens UK GR15001CD GRAND ROYAL USD $12.93 Buy It Now 4h 5m
IRVING BERLIN REVISIED Ben Bagley's musical soundtrack US LP SEALED USD $3.50 [0 bids]
Ben, Ben, 4009910117729 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Ben-Hur Et Les Épopees D'Hollywood, 3299039956021, Ben-Hur Et Les Épope USD $15.93 Buy It Now 4h 7m
BEN WEBSTER-LIVE AT THE HAARLEMSE JAZZ CLUB-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $14.50 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Ben Hur Deluxe Edition with book MGM 1E1 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
JORGE BEN Salve Simpatia LP vinyl USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Bill Coleman, Ben Webster - Swingin In London, Black Lion Records BL-128 Ex USD $9.25 Buy It Now 4h 17m
BEN AND BEA-PHILLIPS 40000 ROCKING ROCK 45 LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Radio Show: SOLID GOLD COUNTRY SONGWRITER BEN PETERS! C.PRIDE, J.CONLEE, C,RICH USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Ben E King - Original Album Series: Don't Play T NEW CD USD $16.24 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Ben Folds CD single (CD5 / 5") Rockin' The Suburbs UK 6718492 EPIC 2001 USD $12.93 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Ben E. King vinyl LP album record Sings For Soulful Lovers UK 587055 ATLANTIC USD $39.45 Buy It Now 4h 23m
On Water, 0801495140321, Ben Cox USD $14.48 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Cadillac Slim, 4011222043825, Ben Webster USD $4.76 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Smoke & Mirrors, 5060191672887, Ben Sims USD $14.88 Buy It Now 4h 26m
And Associates [VINYL], 8712177064588, Ben Webster USD $16.61 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Back Into Paradise, 5037300796314, Ben Montague USD $16.35 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Iconic Groove, 0888750801920, Ben Liebrand USD $36.78 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Sing Into My Mouth [LP], 0602547326720, Ben Bridwell/Iron an USD $11.38 Buy It Now 4h 28m
GRAND MEDLEY 84-88 BOX SET COMPLETE OOP MEGA RARE BEN LIEBRAND DISCO ROTUND USD $92.21 Buy It Now 4h 28m
3 Original Albums, 4053796002747, Ben E. King USD $12.44 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Cubist Blues, 0826853012621, Alex Chilton, Ben Va USD $17.48 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Ben Bolt Anyone Can Play Classic Guitar DVD NEW! USD $11.25 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Ben Liebrand I Wish UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 6561758 USD $14.91 Buy It Now 4h 41m
How The Hell Do I Explain? Ben & Jason CD single (CD5 / 5") UK GOBCD49 GO BEAT USD $12.93 Buy It Now 4h 41m
Ben Hewitt - Spirit Of Rock & Roll - Rock & Roll USD $20.09 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Ben Colder & Others - Eskimos,Mean Old Queens & Little Bitty Steers - Crossov... USD $21.25 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Ben Hewitt - You Got Me Shook - Rock & Roll USD $20.09 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Ben Harper Welcome To The Cruel Japanese CD album (CDLP) VJCP-25088 VIRGIN USD $37.46 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Ben Webster - Three Classic Albums Plus (2-CD) - Jazz USD $13.12 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Ben Harper - Give Till It's Gone - Blues Crossing The Borders USD $17.54 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Original Cast Recording Ben Franklin In Paris UK vinyl LP album record W2191 USD $25.82 Buy It Now 4h 50m
SX 6113 - BIG BEN BANJO BAND - ABOUT UNPLAYED COLUMBIA 1967 STEREO LP USD $1.35 [1 bids]
Ben King E. & The Drifters - - Vocal Groups/Doo Wop USD $21.25 Buy It Now 4h 50m
0 result found for "BEN"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results
More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"