BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

BEN WATERS THE ROLLING STONES-Ian Stewart Boogie 4 Stu JAPAN CD NEW w/2 Bonus USD $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Paper Boy 45 rpm Philippines 7" ditty Ben Liebrand radio USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
GERRY MULLIGAN Meets BEN WEBSTER Rare Japanese OBI Import LP Verve UMJ 3093 NM USD $19.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
MUMFORD AND SONS - Over 20 clippings - Marcus, Ben Lovett, Ted Dwane, Marshall USD $3.53 [1 bids]
Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were [Vinyl New] USD $33.93 Buy It Now 1h 55m
BEN HARPER FORGIVEN CD SINGLE AUSTRALIA 3 TRACK LIMITED EDITION USD $3.01 Buy It Now 1h 56m
BEN MORRISON Debut CD NEW USD $14.13 Buy It Now 1h 58m
STAND BY ME (Soundtrack CD) Buddy Holly*Ben E King*Jerry Lee Lewis*Coasters MINT USD $10.09 Buy It Now 2h 2m
J. BEN-ISAAC - GOOD CLEAN FUN SEALED VINYL LP USD $11.50 Buy It Now 2h 8m
KING,BEN E-DEAR JAPAN. LOOK AT THE SKY (JPN) (SHM) CD NEW USD $45.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
"Webster, Ben"-Ballads 16 Page Booklet CD NEW USD $13.46 Buy It Now 2h 9m
"My Beautiful Demon" Ben Christophers *EXCELLENT* 1999 CD USD $6.34 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Ben Folds Five - 1995 Self titled CD USD $3.54 Buy It Now 2h 15m
JORGE BEN-ALO ALO COMO VAI?-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $13.50 Buy It Now 2h 33m
BEN HARPER THE WILL TO LIVE CD USD $3.01 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Mint & SUPER RARE! Ben Harper 3 (CD Box Set Collection) *FREE S&H DEAL!* USD $19.69 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Here By Now, with the Ben Goldberg Trio, New Music USD $12.17 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Ben Mink ( K.D. Lang ) - Foreign Exchange - 1980 US LP USD $72.29 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Ben Showalter Hell In Vietnam / The Way I Am 1966 7" 45 Single Rimrock 216 AR USD $249.90 Buy It Now 3h 15m
BEN HARPER 'Four Songs' RARE unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1993 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
BEN HARPER 'Cruel World Press Kit' 1993 PROMO ONLY VHS Tape - never been played USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
BEN E. KING - Original Album Series (NEW 5CDs, 2010, Warner) USD $22.63 Buy It Now 3h 21m
BEN SIDRAN 'Hey Hey Baby' unplayed Soulish promo 45 LISTEN! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Ben Davis : Hushed Patterns of Relief CD (2002) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Ben Colder 45 RPM Record USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Ben E. King - The Very Best of Ben E. King CD NEW USD $11.41 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Josienne Clarke / Ben Walker - Fire and Fortune CD NEW USD $21.58 Buy It Now 3h 37m
BEN BAGLEY'S - REVISITED SERIES - (4) LP LOT - STILL IN SHRINK WRAP USD $35.95 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Ben Tankard - The Best of Ben Tankard: 10 Songs CD NEW USD $11.74 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Ben Paterson - Essential Elements CD NEW USD $22.85 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Ben Tankard - Let's Get Quiet: The Smooth Jazz Experience CD NEW USD $11.74 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Ben Tankard - Full Tank CD NEW USD $19.67 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Ben Tankard - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy CD NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Ben Tankard - Song of Solomon CD NEW USD $11.74 Buy It Now 3h 47m
BEN E KING - MY HEART CRIES FOR YOU / TOO BAD 45 RECORD ORIGINAL ATCO RELEASE USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3h 48m
JORGE BEN - Negro e Lindo LP BRAZIL original ARTHUR VEROCAI - FUNK SAMBA SOUL USD $110.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Ben Weasel "These Ones Are Bitter" LP Screeching Riverdales Queers Orig USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
BEN LEE - Breathing Tornados (1 CD) [Modular] USD $5.63 Buy It Now 4h 2m
BLASTER BATES TNT for two LP Big Ben BB00-05 USD $11.55 Buy It Now 4h 10m
BLASTER BATES Gelly Baby LP Big Ben BB00-11 USD $11.55 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Bargrooves: Frosted [Digipak] by Ben Sowton (CD, Jun-2004, 2 Discs, Kinkyswee... USD $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BEN HOWARD: EVERY KINGDOM 2011 CD NEW USD $10.05 Buy It Now 4h 25m
LTD 300 Three Of You T.O.Y. Vinyl Big Ben Tribe Ein-St-Ein Italo Disco LP USD $44.95 Buy It Now 4h 39m
LTD 250 Ein-St-Ein Varsavia Vinyl Three of You Big Ben Tribe Sensitive Disco USD $53.95 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Faith Evans - Mesmerized Ben Watt Mixes 12" PROMO USD $6.49 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BARGROOVES THE BLACK COLLECTION Mixed By Ben Sowton 2CDs (NEW & SEALED) House USD $7.21 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Jeff Wayne - The Eve of the War (Ben Liebrand Remix) plus free UK post USD $11.57 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Ben Webster - Soulville (NEW 12" VINYL) USD $24.49 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were (NEW 2 VINYL LP) USD $34.55 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were (NEW CD) USD $9.82 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Packed To The Rafters Vol.2 Cd- Ben Lee,Lior,Abby Dobson,Sarah Blasko,Bob Evans USD $5.66 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Every Kingdom, 0602527832371, Ben Howard USD $11.70 Buy It Now 6h
Ben Westbeech - Something For The Weekend - Modern Soul msv007 Soul Northern Cro USD $14.46 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Ben Harper - Will to Live + Bonus Live EP (2CD 1998) NEW USD $17.32 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Ben E. King - Stand By Me (2CD 2013) NEW/SEALED USD $6.94 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Ben Folds File-Complete Best of USD $30.93 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Ben Westbeech - Something For The Weekend USD $11.55 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Ben Harper - There Will Be A Light NEW CD USD $7.27 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Jorge: Definitve Collection, 5060001274935, Jorge Ben USD $15.66 Buy It Now 7h 16m
My Man 0716043100828 by Ben Webster, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $20.90 Buy It Now 7h 21m
12" single BEN E. KING - "Spanish Harlem" USD $1.45 [0 bids]
Danny Ben Israel - The Katmandu Sessions CD 2003 Heavy Psych OOP listen USD $42.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Ben Jelen - Give It All AwayMusic Sticker skate snow surf board bmx guitar van USD $1.81 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Ben Green - Ben Green (2002) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
BEN FOLDS FIVE_brick_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $7.08 Buy It Now 7h 29m
BEN E KING WITH WILD WOMEN-DEAR JAPAN UE WO MUITE ARUKO-JAPAN ONLY SHM-CD F25 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 31m
BOE, Ben - Journeys Into The Realm Of Team 17 - Vinyl (12") USD $15.31 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Jorge Ben - Solta o pavao BRAZIL Original Lp 1975 Philips 6349162 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were NEW/SEALED CD USD $7.27 Buy It Now 7h 43m
*From USA*See You At the Fair by Ben Webster (CD, Feb-1993, Impulse!)*LIKE NEW!* USD $25.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Ben Colder 45 Lucille #2 / Senior Citizen's Lament DJ Copy SCORPION #0556 EX USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Toni Warne Ben 7" Mint CHEW110 EX/EX 1970s Ben/Bright Eyes, picture sleeve USD $17.35 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Ben/Ellen Harper - Childhood Home (2014) - Used - Compact Disc USD $3.90 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Ben Colder, The Best of... USD $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
BEN E KING, STAND BY ME B/W THE COASTERS YAKETY YAK ,7" VINYL USD $1.43 [1 bids]
BIGG BEN & THE BACKBENCH BOYS Political asylum 7" POP House USD $1.81 Buy It Now 8h 12m
BEN FOLDS - BEST IMITATION OF MYSELF: RETROSPECTIVE 1991-2011 NEW CD USD $32.15 Buy It Now 8h 16m
BEN CHRISTOPHERS SPOONFACE SAMPLER CD SINGLE 4 TRACK PROMO WITH CARD P/S - 2001 USD $6.51 Buy It Now 8h 30m
BEN HARPER/CHARLIE MUSSEL WHITE**GET UP! (W/ DOWNLOAD)**VINYL USD $9.91 Buy It Now 8h 38m
BEN E. KING**VOL 1: 1960-66: COMPLETE ATCO/ATLANTIC SINGLES**2 CD SET USD $33.95 Buy It Now 8h 39m
BEN FOLDS FIVE**SOUND OF THE LIFE OF THE MIND**CD USD $6.50 Buy It Now 8h 39m
BEN AND ELLEN HARPER**CHILDHOOD HOME (WITH DOWNLOAD)**VINYL USD $15.95 Buy It Now 8h 50m
BEN WEBSTER/JOHNNY HODGES**COMPLETE JAZZ CELLAR SESSION (LTD/RM)**LP USD $14.50 Buy It Now 8h 50m
BEN & JASON ROMEO AND JULIET 7" VINYL USD $6.87 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Big Ben Banjo Band - Zing go the Banjos 12" LP vinyl USD $8.66 Buy It Now 8h 51m
BEN WATT HENDRA CD NEW USD $10.58 Buy It Now 8h 52m
BEN JORGE Sonsual LP 1986 EX Latin Brazil boogie funk salsa disco USD $14.00 Buy It Now 8h 55m
STAND BY ME ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK OST 1986 JAPAN CD 20P2 BEN E KING USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 56m
P BEN - Influence - CD USD $15.18 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Hunting Magic. Ben Tavera King and Eric Casillas. Native American Sounds. USD $5.42 Buy It Now 9h
JOINER, ARKANSAS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL BAND Big Ben R&B / POP INSTRUM Canada 45 USD $10.78 Buy It Now 9h
BEN & ELLEN HARPER Childhood Home 2014 10-track vinyl LP NEW/SEALED USD $21.67 Buy It Now 9h 2m
PREWAR COUNTRY 78 RPM RECORD - UNCLE BEN HAWKINS (ERNEST STONEMAN) - SUPERTONE USD $100.00 Buy It Now 9h 5m
BEN SOLLEE**HALF-MADE MAN**LP (INCLUDES DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD) USD $10.95 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Beautiful Game - Original Cast, Elton, Ben, Lloyd Webber, Andrew, Very Good USD $1.43 Buy It Now 9h 15m
BEN HAMMOND HOW GLAD I AM I FOUND YOU CROWN 245 USD $3.61 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Harper, Ben - Diamonds On The Inside - Harper, Ben CD 3LVG USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 21m
The Big Ben Banjo Band - Get Happy - The Big Ben Banjo Band CD 38VG USD $22.15 Buy It Now 9h 21m
BEN HARPER**WILL TO LIVE: LIVE**VINYL USD $11.95 Buy It Now 9h 23m
BEN WEBSTER/TEDDY WILSON - Ben & Teddy - CD USD $4.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"