BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

DIMPLES D Sucker DJ Ben Liebrand USD $0.60 [0 bids]
Percy Sledge/Ben E King-magazine advert USD $6.15 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Neon Cathedral - Ivory,Ben (2013, CD New) USD $24.44 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Ben Webster - The Complete Recordings: 1959 - 1962 (NEW 4CD) USD $15.08 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Ben Webster - The Complete Recordings: 1952 - 1959 (NEW 4CD) USD $15.08 Buy It Now 2h 39m
BEN VAUGHN COMBO my first band U.S. 7"_1985 pic sleeve USD $12.07 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Soul 45 - Ben E. King - Keepin' it to myself - Mint- USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Every Kingdom by Ben Howard (CD, Oct-2011, Island (Label)) USD $6.81 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Ben Stewart - Angry Birds - CD (Ben Stewart 2009 Digipack) USD $7.16 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Los Reyes Chibili Ben Ben Dureco ?- the gypsy legend 11.03492 UK CD Maxi-Single USD $6.12 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Ben Lee Selections From Awake Is The New SleepNWE008 Promo CD Sampler Mini Album USD $6.12 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Ben Folds - One Track Promo Cd - Rockin' The Suburbs - Ben Folds Five USD $2.45 Buy It Now 2h 57m
BEN.E.KING-YOU STILL MOVE ME..US.ICHIBAN USD $4.92 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Ben + Vesper ?- Honors CD Folk Indie Pop Cardboard Sleeve USD $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Ben Howard - Every Kingdom [CD New] USD $9.09 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Every Kingdom - Ben Howard 602527832371 (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.09 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Ben E King - The Classic Years (NEW CD) USD $9.23 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Ben Howard - Every Kingdom (NEW CD+DVD SET) USD $21.82 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Ben UFO - Fabriclive 67: Ben UFO (NEW CD) USD $9.84 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Ben 10 Omniverse - Original Video Game Soundtrack (NEW CD) USD $14.77 Buy It Now 3h 26m
ROXETTE IT MUST HAVE BEN LOVE / PAINT GERMANY PS 7" 1990 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Ben Folds Live [PA] CD EXCELLENT USD $4.46 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Ben Webster - Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (NEW CD) USD $8.30 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Ben Harper The Blind Boys Of Alabama - There Will Be A Light (NEW CD) USD $8.61 Buy It Now 3h 31m
BEN HARPER_Welcome To The Cruel World_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_A14 USD $9.06 Buy It Now 3h 31m
CD. Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs USD $5.66 Buy It Now 3h 46m
BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS- Live From Mars - 2 Disc CD (2001) USD $5.21 Buy It Now 3h 48m
BEN E KING - Spread Myself Around - Excellent Con 7" Single Bold Reprive BRM 003 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 3h 50m
BEN E KING - What's Important To Me - Excellent Con 7" Single Ichiban ICHS 711 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 3h 51m
BEN E KING - What's Important To Me - Excellent Con 7" Single Ichiban ICHS 711 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 3h 51m
BOREALIS - 2004 -2006 LTD EDITION CD JOHN FAHEY ROBBIE BASHO BEN CHASNY USD $6.16 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Ben Folds Five : Ben Folds Five [CASSETTE] CD (1995) USD $3.91 Buy It Now 3h 56m
BEN LEE AUSTRALIAN ICONIC SINGER SONG WRITER SIGNED COVER +2 PHOTOS USD $12.08 Buy It Now 4h
Ben Folds Five - Live [Vinyl New] USD $23.28 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Ben Folds : Songs for Silverman CD (2005) USD $3.68 Buy It Now 4h 8m
BEN HARPER_Faded_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_L11 USD $7.55 Buy It Now 4h 20m
BEN HARPER 'DIAMONDS ON THE INSIDE' CD NEW+ USD $17.12 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Ben L'Oncle Soul (Australia) CD - New USD $10.90 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Uncle Ben's Year 1993 - DJ Ice - RARE Funk VGC CD FAST FREE UK POST USD $12.31 Buy It Now 4h 31m
JAPAN LP SONNY ROLINS WHAT'S NEW ? JIM HALL BOB CRANSHAW BEN RILEY OBI INSERT USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Ben Lee : Awake Is the New Sleep CD (2005) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
BEN LEE_Something Borrowed Something Blue_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_T1 USD $7.55 Buy It Now 4h 53m
45 RPM The Cryan Shames SUGAR & SPICE/BEN FRANKLIN'S ALMANAC Destination USD $9.80 Buy It Now 4h 54m
NEW FabricLive 67: Ben UFO (Audio CD) USD $14.30 Buy It Now 4h 58m
NEW Hendra [digipak] by Ben Watt CD (CD) Free P&H USD $19.02 Buy It Now 5h 5m
NEW Live by Ben Folds Five CD (CD) Free P&H USD $20.21 Buy It Now 5h 6m
NEW Ben by Ben CD (CD) Free P&H USD $16.45 Buy It Now 5h 6m
KING AND I- CD Features Ben Kingsley And Julie Andrews**CD MINT** FREE POST USD $3.68 Buy It Now 5h 10m
BEN FOLDS FIVE Live Limited Deulxe Gatefold Vinyl 2LP Set + MP3 Download USD $36.95 Buy It Now 5h 12m
BEN HARPER Diamonds On The Inside LIMITED 180G VINYL LP USD $30.79 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Ben Folds five-Rare Original advert Framed ready for your wall USD $30.80 Buy It Now 5h 14m
BEN HUR (2 CD) SOUNDTRACK D/Remaster CD w/BONUS Tracks *NEW* USD $26.82 Buy It Now 5h 26m
CD ALBUM - Ben's Brother - Beta Male Fairytales (2007) USD $1.22 [0 bids]
MR BEN_Night & Day_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $9.06 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Michael Jackson New Sealed CD Ben ( Motown Record Company) USD $5.60 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Live From Mars - Ben Harper 724381007921 (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.54 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Ben Folds Five ?Whatever And Ever Amen Japan CD seal Frank London Matt Darriau USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Ben Harper Both Sides Of The Gun LIKE NEW 18 Track 2CD Set 2006 Virgin USD $7.17 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Harper,Ben - Live From Mars (CD New) USD $17.12 Buy It Now 5h 52m
jewish chassidic 1982 LP-mordechai ben david- just one shabbos - suki USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6h
Ben Harper - Live From Mars [CD New] USD $17.54 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Coleman Hawkins - Encounters Ben Webster [Vinyl New] USD $16.09 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Ben Howard - Every Kingdom NEW CD USD $6.20 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Every Kingdom - Ben Howard (2011, CD New) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Twisted Wheel Bo Diddley Ben E King Concert Schedule 1969 USD $23.41 [5 bids]
78 1920s Ben Selvin "Land of My Sunset Dreams" "Moonlight Memories" VOCALION USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 25m
BEN FOLDS "SONGS FOR SILVERMAN" CD NEW+ USD $15.73 Buy It Now 6h 32m
BEN FOLDS FIVE "BEN FOLDS FIVE" CD NEW+ USD $16.09 Buy It Now 6h 32m
BEN E. KING - "WHAT IS SOUL? - THEY DON'T GIVE UP MEDALS TO YESTERDAY'S HEROES" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Encounters Ben Webster - Coleman Hawkins (2012, Vinyl New) USD $25.97 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Ben Pollack Orch w/ Burt Lorin / Warings Penns w/ Clare Hanlon VICTOR Sally of USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul-Soulmates. 1963 recording USD $3.77 [0 bids]
Love Is The Great Rebellion - Ben Lee (CD, Slipcase, 2015, Warner) USD $12.55 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Childhood Home by Ben Harper : Format: Audio CD USD $12.39 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Ben & The Innocent Cri Harper : Lifeline CD (2007) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Ben Harper - Childhood Home - Blues Crossing The Borders USD $20.35 Buy It Now 7h 8m
BEN HARPER - Fight For Your Mind CD USD $3.77 Buy It Now 7h 24m
LIEBRAND, BEN-GRAND 12-INCHES VOL.9 CD NEW USD $39.24 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Get Up! (Deluxe Edition) - Ben Harper Compact Disc USD $22.34 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Fight For Your Mind by Harper, Ben USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 33m
BEN HOWARD Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES USD $6.49 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Ben & Ellen Harper - Childhood Home - Scarce 10trk promo CD + PR sheet USD $6.15 Buy It Now 7h 37m
BEN WATT-HENDRA-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed F22 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 45m
BEN & ELLEN HARPER - CHILDHOOD HOME CD NEW+ USD $16.70 Buy It Now 7h 46m
BEN HOWARD - I FORGET WHERE WE WERE CD NEW+ USD $15.95 Buy It Now 7h 47m
BEN FOLDS FIVE "Brick" Austrian CD single, 1997, NM USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Ben E. King ?- The Ultimate Collection: Stand By Me (CD, 1987) Funk Soul USD $5.05 Buy It Now 7h 56m
BEN HARPER/INNOCENT CRIMINALS - CALL IT WHAT IT IS (180 G/WITH DOWNLOAD) - VINYL USD $22.94 Buy It Now 7h 58m
BEN E KING 'STAND BY ME'- EP12" 1979 /Re-issue of '58/ ATLANTIC 1st p/ TOP AUDIO USD $6.78 Buy It Now 8h 10m
JACKSON 5 ICON CD SEALED MADE IN BRAZIL MICHAEL JACKSON ABC BEN I'LL BE THERE USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 16m
BEN AIKEN NORTHERN SOUL You Were Meant To Be My Baby LOMA 45-2069 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Ben & Vesper - More Questions CD NEW+ USD $17.69 Buy It Now 8h 19m
BEN E KING 10x8 inch lab-printed glossy photo P/0435 USD $4.93 Buy It Now 8h 21m
BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS - LIFELINE - SIGNED / AUTOGRAPHED 2xCD ALBUM USD $149.90 Buy It Now 8h 24m
The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner by Ben Folds Five (CD, Apr-1999, USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 25m
BEN & JASON - TEN SONGS ABOUT YOU - PROMO CD ALBUM USD $2.45 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Beta Male Fairytales, Ben's Brother, Good USD $2.40 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Ben Ventura & The New York Jazz Vinyl Record-CP Records-Bayonne NJ-CP1147 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Michael Jackson Motown 1207 Ben and You Can Cry On My Shoulder EX USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 36m
BEN E. KING - DON'T PLAY THAT SONG VINYL LP NEW+ USD $32.74 Buy It Now 8h 39m

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Review by apps79
3 stars One of the really serious Vertigo rarities, a British Jazz Rock group with a short life but some fine talent.Ben were saxophonist/flutist Peter Davey, keyboardist/pianist Alex Macleery, guitarist Gerry Reid, bassist Len Surtees and drummer David Sheen, the later coming from Graham Bond's band.Their only self-titled album, which contains four long, instrumental tracks, was released in 1971.

This one falls into the same category as NUCLEUS and IF, it's technically competent Jazz Rock with some great solos and rhythms, varied climates, going from furious guitar moves and frequent instrumental interactions to a smoother keyboard/piano-driven music with a bit of a psychedelic enviroment, like RAY MANZAREK playing the piano.Cool sax work and some strong flute lines are always welcome, I fail to detect any impressive differences between the pieces, but if you ask me ''Christmas execution'' stands out from the bunch, because, unlike the other pieces, the atmosphere here is really dark and dramatic, rarely found in a Jazz Rock composition.It's also the most progressive piece in here with soft electric guitars, harsichord and lots of flute and an excellent second part with an incredible jazzy taste on guitars and eerie keyboard work.''Gibbon'' contains also some sporadic choirs, another element you'll hardly find in a Jazz Rock album, while the two longer pieces ''The influence'' and ''Gismo'', are definitely a lot more jazzier with good instrumental work, some parts with the guitars and sax in the forefront recall VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR's jazzy masturbations, but there are very limited progressive values in these with emphasis given to isolated solos.

Len Surtees played with the post-80's edition of The Nashville Teens, while David Sheen was later involved in various Jazz Rock and Fusion groups, including Mirage and the Canterbury-linked Soft Head.

Good Jazz Rock from the fogotten years, containing two very good compositions with a few proggy glimpses and another pair of more standard Jazz workouts.Warmly recommended, original vinyl is incredibly expensive, various reissues exist.

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"