BEN

Ben

Ben Ben album cover

Buy BEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

A1. The Influence (10:08)
A2. Gibbon (9:30)
B1. Christmas Execution (7:20)
B2. Gismo (11:49)

Search BEN Ben lyrics

Search BEN Ben tabs

- Peter Davey / saxophones, flute, clarinet)
- Alex Macleery / electric piano, harpsichord, Moog synthesizer
- Gerry Reid / electric and acoustic guitars
- Len Surtees / bass
- David Sheen / drums, congas, percussion, vocals

LP Vertigo

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

BEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BEN Ben Music

PROMO SEXY CHRISTMAS SOUL LP MARY WELLS WILSON PICKETT MARTHA REEVES BEN E KING USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Ben Folds Five, Ben Five Folds, Ben Folds Five Audio CD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
BEN/VESPER - All This Could Kill You - CD USD $22.01 Buy It Now 1h 42m
BEN MINK (FM) - "Foreign Exchange" LP 1980 1st US PROMO SEALED - RARE! USD $24.88 Buy It Now 1h 45m
BEN +SA TUMBA ET ORCHESTRE " LA PACHANGA " ORIGINAL AFRO-CUBAN EP 7"+ P/S 60's USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
DR MARTENS Capitol Records Sampler CD Foo Fighters Ben Lee Dandy Warhols MINT USD $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 53m
BEN LEE RIPE CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
FRUEHBEL feat BEN SOMMERFELD - Leave - 12" promo USD $14.86 Buy It Now 1h 56m
K.D. LANG & BEN MINK / EVEN COWGIRLS GET THE BLUES USD $9.95 [0 bids]
SIXPENCE NONE THE RICHER There She Goes CD 3 Tracks, Lp Vers/Ben Grosse Mix/Kis USD $5.15 Buy It Now 2h 8m
BEN FOLDS BASTARD * CD SINGLE * promo USD $8.75 Buy It Now 2h 12m
BEN E KING - Music Trance - VINYL LP US PRESS USD $6.82 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Bus Stop - Ball & Chain JAPAN CD OBI 1997 TFCK-87568 BEN FOLDS FIVE Chuck Folds USD $16.24 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Northern Soul Rarity Popcorn Wigan Casino Mod 45 BEN E KING What can a...Listen USD $15.18 [0 bids]
Ben & Vesper - All This Could Kill You CD USD $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Ben Hur Volume 2 Miklos Rozsa 1961 Stereo UK LP A1 B1 EX/EX USD $11.38 Buy It Now 2h 29m
= Ben Carr Trio Year We Turned On CD near mint! USD $3.04 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Ben Harper - Diamonds On The Inside [Digipak] (2003) CD USD $5.30 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Various Artists Ben & Jerry's Newport Folk Festival '88 Live Track Vinyl LP USD $29.58 Buy It Now 2h 49m
ZEENA GULZAR Time And Space CD 4 Tracks, Ben Jammin Robbins Stuart B Radio Mix/ USD $5.15 Buy It Now 2h 56m
BEN VAUGHN Mono USA 1994 Original CD Bar None Records A-HAON-039-2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h
BEN VAUGHN Instrumental Stylings Original 1995 CD Bar None AHAON-055 Dean Ween USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h
BEN HARPER - Fight For Your Mind - VGC - FREE POST USD $6.44 Buy It Now 3h 3m
JORGE BEN - Ben ORIG 1972 LP BRAZIL TROPICALIA USD $85.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster Sealed 180 gram LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Ben Folds Five : Unorthorised Bio of Reinhold 2cd (2CDs) (1999) USD $10.88 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Michael Jackson - Got To Be There & Ben 2CD's in 1 - FASTPOST USD $24.27 Buy It Now 3h 14m
BEN CHRISTOPHERS Leaving My Sorrow Behind CD SINGLE Easter Park 3trks N/MINT USD $4.78 Buy It Now 3h 43m
BEN WEBSTER Confluence CD Brand New SEALED Rare OOP Live Concert PARIS Saxophone USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Ben Harper & Relentless7, Ben Ha, White Lies For Dark Times Audio CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
BEN HARPER, THE WILL TO LIVE, NEW CD USD $10.31 Buy It Now 4h
BEN SELVIN & HIS ORCHESTRA "Am I Blue? / My Song Of The Nile" COLUMBIA 5591 [78] USD $7.51 Buy It Now 4h 3m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BEN - MARTI WEBB - STAR6 USD $10.61 Buy It Now 4h 9m
GALA DROP/BEN CHASNY - Broda - LP USD $44.17 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Ben Harper - Lifeline Special 2-Disc set Bonus DVD New USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
BEN LEE_Breathing Tornados_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $7.96 Buy It Now 4h 27m
BEN FOLDS LIVE_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $7.96 Buy It Now 4h 29m
OST 'BEN HUR' UK SOUNDTRACK LP MIKLOS ROZSA USD $10.61 Buy It Now 4h 34m
BEN & JASON - EMOTIONS (3 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF B3) USD $4.54 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Big Ben Banjo Band(7" Vinyl)More Minstrel Melodies-Columbia-SEG 8099-UK-Ex/Ex USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Big Ben Banjo Band(7" Vinyl)Dancin' Banjos -Columbia-ESG 7776-UK-Ex/VG USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Jeff Wayne/Ben Liebrand(7" Vinyl)The Eve Of The War-CBS Red Label-655126-UK-VG/N USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Marti Webb(7" Vinyl)Ben-Star Blend-STAR 6-UK-VG/VG USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Bigg Ben & The Back Bench Boys(7" Vinyl)Political Asylum-Completely Different Re USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Ben Liebrand(7" Vinyl)Black Betty-RAM JAM-655430 7-UK-NM/NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Week The Clocks Changed - Ben & The Earls Glover (2008, CD New) USD $10.39 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds (CD, Mar-1997, S... USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER CD Burn to Shine (CD, Sep-1999, Virgin) MINT CONDITION USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BEN HARPER_Both Sides Of The Gun_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $7.96 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Ben Flocks-Battle Mountain CD NEW USD $18.08 Buy It Now 5h 5m
BEN HOWARD - I FORGET WHERE WE WERE - NEW CD USD $7.97 Buy It Now 5h 10m
BEN HUR SOUNTRACK LP-MGM-S1E1-EXCELLENT USD $5.49 Buy It Now 5h 14m
THE CRYAN' SHAMES-SUGAR AND SPICE B/W-BEN FRANKLIN'S ALMANAC-VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
BEN HARPER WELCOME TO THE CRUEL WORLD CD USD $4.54 Buy It Now 5h 17m
BEN HARPER - LIVE FROM MARS [BEN HARPER] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $17.93 Buy It Now 5h 20m
BEN GOLDBERG QUARTET Baal The Book Of Angels Vol.15 CD JOHN ZORN NEW Sealed USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
BEN FOLDS FIVE DEMONSTATION CD SINGLE-SONG FOR THE DUMPED-1998 ISSUE USD $6.49 Buy It Now 5h 39m
DAVID RIDOUTT Ben's Gift CD Danny Boy Ave Maria Amazing Grace 12 trks MINT USD $7.16 Buy It Now 5h 45m
SANDER, Ben - Loves Sees No Colour (remixes) - 1-sided 12" USD $14.86 Buy It Now 5h 57m
OSCAR PETERSON/BEN W - BEN WEBSTER MEETS OSCAR PETERSON [REMASTER] - NEW CD USD $7.12 Buy It Now 6h 3m
BARRY BLACK-Barry Black-CD-1995-Promo-Archers Of Loaf-Crooked Fingers-Ben Folds USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
BEN E. KING - THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL - NEW CD USD $9.88 Buy It Now 6h 7m
BEN SIDRAN NEW WAVE BOP JAPAN USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
On Home Ground-Ep - Ben Miller (2014, CD New) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
JAY FARRAR / BEN GIBBARD One Fast Move Or I'm Gone 7" F-Stop 522152-7 SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
The Warm Moods by Ben Webster (CD, Feb-1997, Warner Bros.) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster - Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster - 9884036 USD $11.16 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Dual by Ben Mono (CD, Aug-2003, Compost Records (USA)) USD $7.60 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Big Ben Banjo Band More Minstrel Melodies 14 Track Vinyl Album USD $10.23 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Ben Mills - Picture Of You (2007 CD Album) 12 Trax. Rock/Pop (The X Factor) USD $1.50 Buy It Now 6h 46m
BIG BEN BANJO BAND Top 50 Bands LP USD $10.63 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Naked Baby Photos, Ben Folds Five, Good USD $3.75 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Ben and Jason - Ten Dates UK PROMO CD USD $4.54 Buy It Now 6h 54m
45 RPM - BEN E. KING - STAND BY ME USD $0.99 [1 bids]
BEN PETERS NM San Francisco Is A Lonely Town 45 You're The Happy Song I Sing 7" USD $15.96 Buy It Now 7h 5m
GENERATIONS OF ISRAEL Ben-Gurion Meir Weizmann Rabin Kollek Dayan Eshkol USD $37.95 Buy It Now 7h 5m
BEN WATT Hendra UK Vinyl LP Diecut G/F Sealed NEW Free Shipping USD $47.90 Buy It Now 7h 12m
The Wolves (Promo) - Ben Howard USD $12.90 [2 bids]
Phase Three by The Riverdales (CD, Jul-2003 145 Records)pop punk rock Ben Weasel USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Toby Ben: Wake Up To The Sunshine LP - Venture VTS-4003 USD $9.15 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Ben Selvin, Whistling in the Dark/Fortune is Smiling, Velvet Tone 2372-V USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 32m
BEN SIDRAN Old Songs New Depression ANTILLES LP NM/-! USD $6.80 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Classic Jazz The Forties 2 CD Set Benny Carter/Earl Hines/Ben Webster/Art Tatum+ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Awake Is the New Sleep [Digipak] by Ben Lee (CD, Feb-2005, New West (Record L... USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Ben Light's Juke Box Favorites PART 2- Capitol Records 45RPM USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
BEN HOWARD I Forget Where We Were DOUBLE LP 10 Track Double With Gatefold Sleeve USD $41.88 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Smokers Lounge. Great Danish Jazz CD 2011. Jens Haack.Mikkel Nordsø.Ben Besiakov USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $22.99 Buy It Now
BEN HARPER AND & THE BLIND BOYS FROM ALABAMA - LIVE AT THE APOLLO CD ALBUM USD $5.56 Buy It Now 8h
CD SINGLE. BEN SMITH BAND. - WHISKEY SUNSET. USD $5.41 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Ben E. King - Stand By Me: The Ultimate Collection CD The Drifters 20 Tracks USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
MICHAEL JACKSON 7" PS Japan BEN s2366 USD $26.80 Buy It Now 8h 14m
BEN WATT - MENDRA *NEW & SEALED 2014 CD ALBUM* USD $9.09 Buy It Now 8h 21m
BEN WEBSTER QUINTET Soulville LP 7 Track With Download Released 20/10/14 EUROPE USD $29.13 Buy It Now 8h 21m
LP REISSUE - JAPAN PRESS - BEN E. KING (WHAT IS SOUL) - include POPCORN USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
BEN CHRISTOPHERS Leaving My Sorrow Behind CD SINGLE Spiderhand 3 trks USED USD $2.39 Buy It Now 8h 28m
DOM MITA ALO FIEL 12" BRAZIL 1992 promo FUNK GROOVE JORGE BEN HEAR USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
BEN E. KING - i had a love - CASSETTE rare pink hardcase r&b soul USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Ben E King "Spanish Harlem" Original ATCO 33-133 "Yellow Harp" Very Rare! USD $49.99 [0 bids]
BEN E. KING - supernatural - CASSETTE rare pink hardshell case r USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
BEN COLDER The Best Of '68 MGM Canada press great JACK DAVIS coveer art M- USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 39m
LP ben ~ USD $18.44

More places to buy BEN music online Buy BEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BEN Ben ratings distribution

BEN Ben reviews

Review by GruvanDahlman
3 stars Oddly enough, or maybe not, this album has stuck with me over many a year. I bought it about 15 years (or so) ago simply because I found that Repertoire Records had released it. By then I was obsessed with a couple of catalogues displaying albums re-released på Repertoire. So, I bought it. I wouldn't say I regret it. Certainly not. On the other hand it proved to be less of an exciting listen than I had expected.

The music is all instrumental jazz-rock. The musicianship is nothing but excellent, yet the music tends to pass me by somewhat. I dig it when I listen but when it is all over there is actually not much sticking. The best track is the firts one, "The influence". This track has this absolutely amazing passage which I cannot describe in musically technical terms. Anyway, you have to listen to it to kniw what. I mean. The remaining tracks are enjoyable and very well played but, as already stated, fails to make a lasting impression. I cannot hum much of it.

Musically it bears resemblence to other bands in the genre. There are bits of everything here, actually. I fins that there are pieces of Graham Bond around 1970-71, Centipede (the melodious parts) and others. I would not say that I am able to find traces of the more popular bands of the genre like Chicago or Blood, Sweat & Tears. This is slightly less oriented towards that kind of jazz-rock. Though not overly complex (on the border of free-form territory that is) it still holds enough complexity to please anyone into this kind of music.

I like this album. It is enjoyable to listen to and holds somewhat of a mystical air to it. Being an obscure album i think that it has hold up well nevertheless. Some obscure albums tend to be less than potent but this is quite powerful music in it's own right. I would not however rate it higher than three stars. It is good but not great. It is simply for those already into the genre and in need for some of that obscure mystery an album like this provides. Good but non essential.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1266752) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 03, 2014

3 stars 3.5 Really. I toyed with a 4.0 ratiing but to be honest, I'd be arrogant if I actually believed others would buy this album because I gave it a 4.0 instead of a 3.5, etc... Ratings just a frame of reference. Number rating aside, this is a very interesting and long time coming review (as ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021057) | Posted by progbaby | Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BEN "Ben"