WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

$47.87
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus
$61.45

the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
WALRUS Fragments Of Light JAPAN CD TECN-30683 2000 OBI USD $72.63 Buy It Now 9h 42m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 10h 57m
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 12h 10m
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
I Am The Walrus - Mike Fab Gere CDS, Mike Fab Gere And The Permissive, Very Good USD $2.33 Buy It Now 12h 16m
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" EX Vinyl Record R 5655 1st Press USD $5.31 [0 bids]
Beatles 1967-1970 2xLP 1976 Capitol SKBO-3404 VG+ Lennon McCartney I Am Walrus! USD $12.00 [0 bids]
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 14h 47m
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 28m
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS Capitol 1967 USD $0.99 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 Vinyl Record, Hello Goodbye & I am the Walrus, 7". Paul McCarthy USD $13.00 Buy It Now 18h 23m
WALRUS s/t Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN UICY-93830 USD $19.99 [1 bids]
WALRUS - Fissure - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 18h 55m
The Beatles 45 record HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS, Capitol 1967 sleeve  USD $7.03 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Original 45 Record Capitol 2056 USD $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $1.66 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $1.66 [0 bids]
Beatles Mug I am the Walrus great condition USD $6.59 [0 bids]
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus S/M T-Shirt USD $37.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - FRANCE - Vintage 1967 First Pressing USD $74.37 Buy It Now 1 day
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $2.66 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere And The Permissive Society, I Am The Walrus 12", Vinyl Record USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.80 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.18 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR 8 TRACK TAPE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL TESTED USD $2.25 [3 bids]
Vintage 45 RPM The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1967 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $19.82 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS SELF LP 1972 ORIGINAL PSYCH PROG, Sealed LP in Mint Condition, Cut corner USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $21.00 Buy It Now
Strawberry Walrus-Because of Love (CD-RP) CD NEW USD $21.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus Music [CD] USD $16.15 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $11.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $15.91 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $18.57 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $21.23 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $26.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS Walrus MINI LP CD USD $12.87 Buy It Now 2 days
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles: Hello, Goodbye / I am the walrus. Danish issue. VG+ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED FIGURES WALRUS BAND BEATLES + BACKING CARD FAB USD $86.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles " I 'm the Walrus / Hello, goodbye " 7"France  red label USD $14.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"-"I Am the Walrus" - 1st Pressing -Parlophone 1957 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Boris Merzbow Walrus Vinyl USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES "I am the walrus" "Hello Goodbye" PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $10.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles CD Single Card Sleeve Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus USD $13.31 Buy It Now 3 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN CD NEW+ USD $26.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Original Beatles 45 Picture Sleeve Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 #1 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Original Beatles 45 Picture Sleeve Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 #2 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 1978 NEW WAVE AOR 7" Beatles USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS {SOLID CENTRE)-HELLO,GOODBYE (DECCA PRES) BOTH EX+++ USD $13.30 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye-I Am The Walrus Parlophone R5655 1st Press 1967 JUKEBOX USD $2.33 [1 bids]
WALRUS Self-Titled Psychedelic Rock LP Record - Vinyl in NM USD $33.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Little Lead Soldiers - The Beatles 'Walrus Band' 60mm Figure Set - Memorabilia USD $94.86 Buy It Now 3 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN (LP) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.71 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus by Walrus (Prog)/Walrus (Oakland, CA) (CD, Aug-2008, Esoteric Recordings) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Strawberry Walrus-Psychedelic Grapefruit (CD-R) CD NEW USD $17.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Sando - For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) USA 45 Without Picture Sleeve USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) Dutch WHITE213 USD $21.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus-Strawberry Walrus- Favorite Fifty (CD-R) CD NEW USD $22.33 Buy It Now 4 days
Order of the Walrus-Brothers (CD-RP) CD NEW USD $13.74 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 20th ANNIVERSARY PICTURE DISC SINGLE 1987 HELLO GOODBYE/I AM WALRUS USD $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1967 THE BEATLES-Hello Goodbye,I Am The Walrus,w/capitol sleeve,#2056 45,comet USD $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles~HELLO GOODBYE~I AM THE WALRUS~7" Vinyl~L/XL T-Shirt~Box Set~NEW! USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS CD/+1/1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock/Traffic USD $26.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS PS & RECORD 45 RPM RECORD USD $55.86 Buy It Now 4 days
*<* BEATLES "MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR/YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW/I AM THE WALRUS" UK 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles 7-Inch Vinyl/T-Shirt Combo - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - BRAND NEW! USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 7" 45 RPM Record w/Picture Sleeve US USD $15.49 [2 bids]
Sketchy Walrus-Cosmic Vandals (CD-RP) CD NEW USD $13.73 Buy It Now 4 days
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA) - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, SONGS OF H USD $14.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - Walrus MINI LP CD s/t self titled 1970 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Sando - For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) US 1981 7" All-Star Recs USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
LOKBRA ARMY OF SOUNDWAVES STOP MR. MUSIC WALRUS CD06 PROG NEO-PSYCH ROCK POP USD $4.77 Buy It Now 5 days
ARCWELDER - I AM THE WALRUS (BEATLES/PRINCE ) - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD WRAP SLV 1992 USD $15.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Randy Jackson-Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Beatles (Songs Of Hope) CD USD $3.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Uncovered [New CD] USD $19.73 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Rock The Beatles 45RPM Capitol Records Near Mint I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Uncovered [New CD] USD $25.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 Limited Edition CD BRAND NEW DB1546 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Oliver Walrus CD LIKE NEW DB1547 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOB LOT OF BEATLES WALRUS TRADING CARDS all mint in packs 15 .revolver USD $272.92 Buy It Now 5 days
New Music CD Liquidation Sale ** Artists: N-P #155 ** Buy 1 Get 1 flat ship fee USD $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Family Hangover [New Vinyl LP] USD $23.12 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES-I AM THE WALRUS-HELLO GOODBYE- CAPITOL 5810-VINYL 4.0, SLEEVE 6.0 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Used Music CD Liquidation Sale ** Artists: T-T #535 ** Buy 1 Get 1 flat ship fee USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES hello goodbye / i am walrus ( rock ) 7" / 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Family Hangover [New Vinyl LP] USD $26.85 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" ORIGINAL PICTURE SLEEVE 45 DAMAGED USD $10.00 [0 bids]
SANDO 45 For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) - NM USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"