WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 7" ODEON JAPAN ORIGINAL US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus AR/500 7" JPN RED VINYL 45, NM VINYL US $249.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Walrus-S/T-'69 PROGRESSIVE JAZZ ROCK DERAM-NEW CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 US $14.52 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 US $19.39 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 US $22.64 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 US $25.89 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 US $32.38 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP US $44.99 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Lot of 4 Beatles 45 Records - Walrus, Hello, Let It Be, Yesterday, Apple Records US $49.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES-HELLO,GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS-PARLOPHONE R 5655+PS US $21.00 Buy It Now 13h 33m
The beatles-Limited edition Box-includes- Hello Goodbye/ I am the Walrus-Exclu US $30.00 Buy It Now 15h 4m
ARCWELDER I Am The Walrus 45 RED Record RARE US $24.50 Buy It Now 15h 39m
BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE /I AM THE WALRUS-Parlophone R5655-1st Press 1967-VG++ US $14.59 Buy It Now 15h 43m
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 7" Picture Disc RP5655 US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45/PS Danish Only Parlophone R US $32.44 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS walrus Japan MINI LP SHM-CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson - Empathy For the Walrus - U.S. cd - RARE! 071914 US $7.18 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS EX JAPAN PS 45! '60s HEAR Odeon US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus No. 2056 Vinyl 45 w/Pic Slv US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve US $19.50 [0 bids]
BABY WALRUS NEW VINYL US $21.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth 7¨ single I Am The Walrus pink label Island original Germany US $8.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus R5015 UK 1967 vinyl 7" -1/-1 1st US $32.44 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE I Am The Walrus 12" Ps, Full 8.47 Version B/W See Emily Play US $11.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society I am the walrus CD Single US $5.42 Buy It Now 2 days
THE WALRUS AND THE CARPENTER SONGBOOK, 'LEWIS CARROLL,PERCY FLETCHER,WORDS,MUSIC US $73.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Sando - For The Walrus (Tribute To John Lennon) USA 45 Without Picture Sleeve US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL 45 RPM PICTURE SLEEVE THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus CAPITOL US $9.99 [1 bids]
WALRUS CD/+1/1970 Deram/UK Progressive Rock/Traffic US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CRACK THE SKY I Am The Walrus b/w Lighten Up McGraw STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus (rock) 45 Who Can I Trust / Tomorrow Never Comes ~Deram VG++ US $7.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrux - Walrus CD new U.K. US $15.85 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND 85 685 IT GERMANY I Am The Walrus EX LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LOKBRA ARMY OF SOUNDWAVES STOP MR. MUSIC WALRUS CD06 PROG NEO-PSYCH ROCK POP US $4.77 Buy It Now 3 days
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rock 45 - Walrus - Bakersfield Boogie Boy - 1973 US $2.99 [0 bids]
HARRY DEAL & GALAXIES: This Love I Have / Walrus (soul vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT VARIANT LABEL US $29.20 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES "EX" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS US $11.34 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE US $11.34 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLEEVE and 45 US $65.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles,Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Capitol swirl-Vg 1967 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Randy Jackson - Empathy for the Walrus (Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope,... US $18.35 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ US $13.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus: Walrus Janus 3051 US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson... US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES- HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 NM Japanese Apple W / Pic Sleeve US $25.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS, NOW YOU KNOW US $2.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Hombre 45 Judee's Song / Dead In The Water ~ Walrus VG Kalamazoo 80's rock US $24.99 [0 bids]
Oasis, Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IRON WALRUS - INSIDIOUS BLACK SEA, ORG 2014 COLOURED vinyl LP, 500 COPIES! NEW! US $42.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus - 7" 45rpm Single - [R 5655] US $16.21 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" single US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE US $12.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE 1967 US $1.28 [0 bids]
RARE Beatles Hello Goodbye/Walrus UK 7" single DECCA pressing R5655 US $9.66 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus-Centrifuge-UK 7"-DIY Ed Wynne Pre Ozric Tentacles Space Rock-1982-HEAR US $16.21 [0 bids]
VINTAGE:45*BEATLES*Capitol*SWIRL LABEL*I am the WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE*2056* US $2.49 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (Prog) (CD, Aug-2008, Esoteric Recordings) US $15.91 Buy It Now 5 days
*****BEATLES DAY IN THE LIFE/WALRUS/COME TOGETHER +1 MEXICO-only M- EP/SLV!***** US $28.99 Buy It Now 5 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED TEST PRESSING CTP190 US $1,458.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $8.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES 7" 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 rpm Hello GoodbyeI Am The Walrus 2056 US $6.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #3 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hombre LP First Shot Private Press on Walrus Sweet Maya Hard Rock Jazz Funk US $14.99 [0 bids]
****BEATLES RARE UK-only 7" PICTURE DISC "HELLO GOODBYE/WALRUS": 1987 M- 45!**** US $33.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS SELF TITLED JAPAN MADE LIMITED SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93830 US $21.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ROCK 45 WALRUS - Bakersfield Boogie Boy US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BABY WALRUS - BABY WALRUS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $19.41 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES_Hello Goodbye_I Am The Walrus_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.85 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES_I Am The Walrus_Hello Goodbye__used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B2a US $10.85 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI US $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
7"-Single BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (1967) FRANCE PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus [CD New] US $18.84 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 12" 2 trk eggman mix b/ US $8.10 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 12" 2 trk eggman m US $8.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 US $16.21 Buy It Now 6 days
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS - NEW SEALED CD - PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
REV VS. THE WALRUS OF LOVE - LET THE MUSIC PLAY - 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES, THE: Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus (rock vinyl 45 CANADA) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BUD SHANK I Am The Walrus 45 rpm PROMO World Pacific 1967 Jazz BEATLES COVER US $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus US $40.78 [5 bids]
Adams/Riley - China Gates/Walrus In Memorium [CD New] US $8.62 Buy It Now 7 days
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] US $11.54 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles- Magical Mystery Tour CD (1987 Remastered) Strawberry Fields/Walrus US $7.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single US $6.48 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#987409) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1079433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1188651) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 08, 2014

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"