WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
walrus LPwalrus LP
Janus
Vinyl$1.47 (used)
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 1h 4m
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 47m
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS USD $6.19 Buy It Now 7h 47m
THE BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour CD Classic 1967 Album I Am The Walrus USD $3.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye /I Am The Walrus" Parlophone R 5655 1967 UK 1st Press USD $15.50 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 11h 4m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $9.98 Buy It Now 13h 46m
BEATLES 45 RPM - CAPITOL 2056 - "HELLO GOODBYE" + "I AM THE WALRUS" USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 59m
Vintage 45 rpm- Capitol The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
There are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free USD $30.58 Buy It Now 1 day
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDO: For The Walrus (tribute To John Lennon) / Instrumental 45 Rock USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 [CD New] USD $19.70 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES I Am the Walrus OR-1838 EP wc3625 USD $4.99 [1 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 45RPM 2506 VG+ USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single USD $12.39 [0 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus 45 Record Picture Sleeve PS VG++ NM- USD $15.50 [13 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PURPLE CAPITOL LABEL 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
REV vs. The Walrus Of Love - Let The Music Play 12" USD $3.10 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $13.01 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $8.12 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 33, MEXICO IMPORT, DAY IN LIFE, WALRUS, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, COME TOGETHER USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/ WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE IN COMPANY SLV USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1960's 45rpm BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus (good) Rock USD $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Venomous Walrus - Walrus,Venomous New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $20.79 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $10.84 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS / MERZBOW "WALRUS GROON" 12" MINT GODFLESH ISIS PELICAN FREE US SHIP USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $55.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOLLY GOODS - WALRUS CD NEW+ USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $23.46 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $26.03 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $8.12 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.19 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS~'ACQUIESCE'+'WALRUS'(Live)+2~UK PROMO 12"(CRELP-241P,not SAMPMS-6032)~MINT USD $11.74 [1 bids]
Venomous Walrus (2012, CD New) USD $11.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $21.25 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Love/Hate I'm not Happy CD Jizzy Pearl Ratt L.A. Guns Crickets bonus Walrus USD $4.99 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/c I am the Walrus 45PRM 7" EMI Records USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $49.90 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis "Cigarettes and Alcohol" CD single "I Am the Walrus" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $12.40 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.84 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 1967 EX 45 Record 2056 inventory #308 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus Self-Titled Psych USD $1.28 [2 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $86.80 [0 bids]
The Beatles "Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus" 45 Record Capitol 1967 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye - i Am The Walrus 45 RPM WITH PICTURE SLEEVE USD $9.95 [0 bids]
Vol. 2-mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus New & Sealed CD MOD Free Shipping USD $25.07 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Uncovered - Walrus (2006, CD New) USD $16.61 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS Walrus with bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Uncovered [CD New] USD $19.14 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $3.08 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL SWIRL LABEL # 2056 FAINT WEAR USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export Original 1967 7" vinyl USD $11.63 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" b/w "HELLO GOODBYE" 45 RPM. USD $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Treehouse (Lou / Matt Flacche) - s/t (1999 / 12 tracks / "I Am The Walrus") USD $84.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour 7' B/w Walrus (VG+) AUSTRALIAN PRESS USD $7.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - w/PS USD $5.00 [3 bids]
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD USD $5.38 Buy It Now 6 days
WALRUS - S/T 1970 UK JAZZ INFLUENCED PROGRESSIVE ROCK w/HORNS SEALED CD +BNS TRK USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.84 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES (PIC SLEEVE ONLY) Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus (1967) Capitol 2056 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD USD $28.33 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Vinyl LP Rarities Love Me Do Help Album Record I Am The Walrus Mint USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - US Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $15.10 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "I AM THE WALRUS" ORIGINAL UK 7" SINGLE PARLOPHONE LABEL USD $15.49 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.75 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES: Helly Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 w/ SLEEVE on CAPITOL rare! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $16.26 Buy It Now 7 days
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $15.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus - Walrus New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $32.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus (CD New) USD $14.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus [CD New] USD $14.74 Buy It Now 7 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.62

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"