WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
walrus LPwalrus LP
Janus
Vinyl$1.47 (used)
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $5.24 Buy It Now 3h 40m
THE BEATLES.I AM THE WALRUS. 8 X 10 GLOSSY FRAMED PRINT BY PHILIPPE MORA, USD $15.44 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD USD $15.05 Buy It Now 7h 33m
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus CD Clock with gift box USD $23.18 Buy It Now 7h 48m
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 5m
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 20m
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 21m
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 21m
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.97 Buy It Now 10h 31m
LOT 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADA 1960's USD $7.71 Buy It Now 11h 46m
BEATLES: Helly Goodbye / I am the Walrus 45 w/ SLEEVE on CAPITOL rare! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 53m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Denmark R 5655 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $16.60 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" vinyl 45 1967 Sweden R 5655 USD $29.90 [0 bids]
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 6m
THE BEATLES "NM" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS USD $10.80 Buy It Now 15h 13m
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 rpm & Picture Sleeve, 1967 Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye, The Walrus USD $30.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES RARE DEMO I AM THE WALRUS LP CRACK THE SKY LENNON MCCARTNEY PROMO MINT USD $10.00 [0 bids]
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 23h 17m
The Beatles-I Am The Walrus & Hello Goodbye-45 RPM CAPITOL 2056 W/SLV USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $17.08 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.18 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P USD $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - ORIGINAL FRENCH 7" SP 45 ODEON USD $14.90 [1 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE I Am The Walrus 12" Ps, Full 8.47 Version B/W See Emily Play USD $10.80 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $8.10 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ USD $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Original Sealed LP 1972 Janus Psych US Press Gatefold USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) USD $18.02 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock USD $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Les DeMerle RARE Funk 45 The Raven/ I Am The Walrus USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone Import 45 w/picture cover USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - WALRUS [WALRUS] - NEW CD USD $11.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE USD $7.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus [7" 45RPM 1967 Capitol 2056] USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope by Randy Jackson USD $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye + I Am the Walrus (RARE BRAZILIAN pressing) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus ~Capitol VG USD $2.50 [0 bids]
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles "I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye" 1967 Capitol 7" 45RPM 2056 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus Picture Sleeve Capitol 2056 USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles - Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - Canada USD $3.75 [5 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Original UK Single - Stunning! USD $3.08 [0 bids]
USD $4.62 Buy It Now
Randy Jackson Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles, Songs of Hope Cd USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 G USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS s/t LP 1972 Janus orig VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES vinyl 45 RPMs Twist And Shout + Lay Madonna + I Am The Walrus USD $11.99 [0 bids]
VENOMOUS WALRUS - VENOMOUS WALRUS NEW CD USD $16.49 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $8.95 Buy It Now 5 days
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS NEW CD USD $22.90 Buy It Now 5 days
OLIVER WALRUS - OLIVER WALRUS 2 NEW CD USD $20.98 Buy It Now 5 days
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Walt Disney, 2 Alice In Wonderland Records, Walrus Carpenter, World Of My Own USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl USD $15.45 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 w/Sleeve USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CJ Bolland Sugar is Sweeter LIARX 35 1st press Beatles "I am the Walrus" sample USD $77.25 Buy It Now 5 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW "WALRUS/GROON" 12" YELLOW/WHITE VINYL MELVINS sunnO))) ISIS USD $22.99 [0 bids]
Walrus - S/T 1972 American r&b/psych rock vinyl record. Original Gatefold USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" OR1838áJapanese USD $12.35 [0 bids]
BEATLES FOREVER SERIES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" WITH SLEEVE CANADA USD $6.75 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, goodbye/I'm the Walrus Danish Press. Denmark Parlophone 5655 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Hallmark LAM3120 Lyricology Collection "I Am The Walrus" Blue Mug USD $36.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Sealed Original Gatefold Psych Rock LP : Walrus ~Everyone Deserves A Fat Chance USD $40.00 [0 bids]
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $6.95 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS/PATSY BUTTERFIELD - hard rock & garage/skate punk instrumentals CD Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export 1967 original 7" vinyl USD $10.05 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello, goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm DENMARK rarest 1967 USD $8.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $30.60 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus-Capitol Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1967 THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS on CAPITOL # 2056 'Maclen' USD $7.77 [0 bids]
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $14.74 Buy It Now 6 days
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of the Beatles by Randy Jackson- ZEBRA - LIKE NEW USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodye / I am the Walrus - ITALY PRESS 7" - PARLOPHONE USD $3.08 [0 bids]
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Japan '77 reissue, PS insert, w/ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Turkey Turkish PS 7" NO RESERVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $34.44 Buy It Now 6 days
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 1st US PROMO USD $15.88 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $69.97 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS: Who Can I Trust 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I am the Walrus Irish Pressing Excellent USD $38.56 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $86.53 [0 bids]
31028 Beatles Hello Goodbye I AM Walrus Plane 60s Group Band Refrigerator Magnet USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles New York Times Bak Pak Interview Picture Disc Collection USD $45.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Golden Record RD21 (Walrus & the Carpenter) Tweedle-Dum (1951) 6" 78 rpm EX USD $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus CD USD $28.69 Buy It Now 8 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - VINYL 45' USD $7.71 Buy It Now 8 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - VINYL 45' USD $6.17 Buy It Now 8 days
RARE Beatles Hello Goodbye/Walrus UK 7" single DECCA pressing R5655 USD $9.20 Buy It Now 8 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.81

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#987409) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1079433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1188651) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 08, 2014

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"