WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $10.85 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Barry White 2 CD album (Double CD) The Walrus Of Love Dutch WHITE213 USD $19.89 Buy It Now 5h 3m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus French 7" in picture sleeve Odeon USD $30.15 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Venomous Walrus (2012, CD New) USD $17.98 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Beatles CD single I am The Walrus Hello Goodbye Rare USD $7.99 [0 bids]
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
WALRUS-NEVER GONNA LET MY BODY TOUCH THE GROUND/WHY RARE UK 7'' 1971 EX+ DERAM USD $39.00 Buy It Now 12h 53m
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd3013 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Iron Walrus - The Plague NEW CD USD $15.93 Buy It Now 14h 18m
BEATLES WALRUS BAND, MMT, BESPOKE, HAND MADE, DRUM-STICK WANDS! LET MAJIK BEGIN. USD $72.39 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Oasis "Cigarettes and Alcohol" CD single "I Am the Walrus" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 15h 15m
(OLIVER) WALRUS Self Titled First LP Janus 1972 SOUL ROCK / BLUES ROCK USD $19.95 [0 bids]
BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS LOS ANGELES WEST COAST CAPITOL 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
BEATLES BEATLE PEOPLE IN WORDS PICTURES COMPLIED BY THE WALRUS BOB WOOLER LTD ED USD $14.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS 7" GOLD RECORD HANDWRITTEN LYRICS DISPLAY USD $120.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 5 vintage Beatles 45 rpm records Walrus Hold Your Hand Revolution - SCT USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Rarities . 1980 Capitol Records LP VG+, I Am The Walrus, Misery Fab4 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7" BEATLES - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus DUTCH *WORLDWIDE SHIPPING* VG+ USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS: Who Can I Trust 45 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye, I Am The Walrus, 7inch single USD $3.02 [0 bids]
The Beatles Limited Edition 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus USD $59.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles 45 Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus CAPITOL 2056 orange USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO CD SINGLE - THE BEATLES / HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DPRO-70876-12120 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS AR1838 EP xd6677 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd1341 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
Listen - REV v WALRUS OF LOVE - Let The Music Play 2000 House 12" White Label USD $2.41 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS WALRUS UICY-93830 CD JAPAN NEW USD $120.59 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES -(45)- HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - CAPITOL 2056 - 1967 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Sub USD $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS WALRUS UICY-93830 CD JAPAN OBI USD $79.46 Buy It Now 1 day
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD black vinyl UNPLAYED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groon LP HYDRA HEAD white/yellow vinyl UNPLAYED USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" 45 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.40 Buy It Now 2 days
OASIS -Cigarettes and Alcohol/I am The Walrus Live/Listen Up/Fade Away CD Single USD $3.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Vinyl 45 with Picture Sleeve USD $8.99 [1 bids]
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $12.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus * Who Can I Trust * Prog Funk UK Deram 45 Demo Near Mint USD $18.10 [0 bids]
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus - R5655 (7" Vinyl Single) Near Mint USD $15.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus [3" Single]by The Beatles (CD,Oct-1991,Capitol)NEW USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
USED (VG) Baby Walrus (2008) (Audio CD) USD $9.68 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO, GOODBYE I AM WALRUS 1967 RARE SWEDEN 7" VINYL SINGLE R 5655 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Capitol 2056 Hello Goodbye,I Am The Walrus Scranton Press 7" 45 Record USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES ~ HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS ~ 7" VINYL REISSUE / TSHIRT COMBO USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $165.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES LADY HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS SWEDEN only PS with UK export 7"! USD $48.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS HOLLAND Parlophone great picture sleeve ! USD $38.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Tross - The Walrus EP (NEW 12" VINYL LP) USD $26.16 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - Club Jonathan EP - Vinyl (12") USD $11.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $12.05 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles w/PS Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 1967 West Coast USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES 7" HELLO, GOODBYE b/w I AM THE WALRUS. UK PARLOPHONE R5655 1967 USD $3.56 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus Self-Titled (CD) by Baby Walrus (2008) (Promo) Slumber Party Records USD $13.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Mike Fab-Gere I Am The Walrus 7" Summer Of Love FLARE1 EX/EX 1993 picture sleeve USD $7.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis - 2 Wonderwall CDs: CD single & 5 track EP with I am the Walrus (live), UK USD $5.57 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH: I Am The Walrus / Hangman Hang My Shell On A Tree 45 (Netherlands USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vol. 2-Mersey Beats - Strawberry Walrus (2009, CD New) USD $15.12 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIG 1967 MACLEN CREDIT CAPITOL EX USD $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Venomous Walrus [CD New] USD $13.39 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ~ VG long U.S. version USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Self-Titled SEALED Psych USD $4.05 [4 bids]
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl USD $10.20 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS OR1838 EP xd2147 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS-Walrus - Op de Valreep - (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ON CANADIAN CAPITOL 2056 HELLO GOODBYE, I AM THE WALRUS VG USD $3.04 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.53 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.02 Buy It Now 4 days
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belarus Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $86.73 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO,GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS RARE DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE R 5655 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BUD SHANK, I AM THE WALRUS b/w SOUNDS OF SILENCE 1968 ORIGINAL 45 RPM, VG++ USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
45 rpm CLEAN Beatles Capitol Orange & Yellow Swirl HELLO GOODBYE I Am the Walrus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $17.96 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" VINYL US Capitol 1988 B/W I Am The Walrus (2056) USD $9.46 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.27 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES Magical Mystery Tour LP Booklet~Lyrics~Fool on the Hill~I am The Walrus USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 RPM Record I am the Walrus / Hello Goodbye / Lennon - Paul McCartney USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Harry Deal & The Galaxies: This Love I Have / Walrus 45 - Soul USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The beatles i am the walrus parlophone original recording 1967 rare USD $6.02 Buy It Now 5 days
Strawberry Walrus - Vol. 2-Mersey Beats [CD New] USD $15.96 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Whiteolgy 2CD (Walrus Records) RARE USD $59.24 [0 bids]
USD $79.95 Buy It Now
The Beatles ~ Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 ~ Capitol 2056 USD $7.23 [0 bids]
I Am The Walrus Hello Goodbye UK original 1967 vinyl 45 Beatles R5655 Parlophone USD $7.48 Buy It Now 5 days
(GN173) Cayucas, Moony Eyed Walrus - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.61 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus R 5675 UK 7" Parlophone PicSlv NM USD $14.48 [0 bids]
EX/NM- lot of 2 Original 45's by THE BEATLES orange labels "I Am The Walrus" USD $24.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Oasis Wonderwall I Am the Walrus CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Beatles I Am The Walrus Capitol Records 45-X46161 45ame10 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
* THE BEATLES CAPITOL 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.00 [0 bids]
NM Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus P/S The Beatles rare 7" UK Magical Mystery Tour USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
VTG BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS 2056 EAST COAST CAPITOL w SLEEVE USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus NORWAY pic sleeve USD $10.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"