WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]Walrus by Walrus [Music CD]
Esoteric
7"-Single BEATLES - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (1967) FRANCE PS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
The Beatles hello goodbye- i am the walrus 45 RPM capitol records 2056 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Walrus [CD New] USD $17.57 Buy It Now 3h 25m
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE USD $15.99 [0 bids]
China Gates/Walrus In Memorium - Adams/Riley (1998, CD New) CD-R USD $15.71 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" single USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus .. USD $6.25 [0 bids]
Beatles Singles Collection 1962 - 1970 7" Vinyl 45RPM Parlophone Records List 2 USD $15.62 Buy It Now 7h 7m
REV VS. THE WALRUS OF LOVE - LET THE MUSIC PLAY - 12" USD $4.98 Buy It Now 7h 29m
BEATLES 7" 45 I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
45 record of BEATLES hello/goodbye and i am the walrus USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles HELLO, GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS Holland pressing vg++ USD $8.99 [0 bids]
Beat Rock 7" 45 - The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Apple - 2056 USD $16.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS 45 rpm 7'' TURKISH RARE PRESS ODEON ! ERROR USD $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 59m
Adams/Riley - China Gates/Walrus In Memorium [CD New] USD $11.38 Buy It Now 21h 18m
THE BEATLES - 45 - 1967 - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE - 2056 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea [CD New] USD $11.68 Buy It Now 21h 36m
Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of The Bea - Randy Jackson (2014, CD New) USD $12.13 Buy It Now 23h 21m
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $36.12 Buy It Now 23h 37m
Mike Fab Gere I Am The Walrus Cd Single USD $6.24 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.79 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! USD $101.62 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Nice Copy USD $49.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS SELF TITLED CD MINI LP OBI USD $14.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES 45 record SLEEVE ONLY, Hello Goodbuy / Walrus, Nice used cond. USD $22.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS NEW CD USD $29.51 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Danish Picture Sleeve PS 7" USD $44.99 [0 bids]
USD $58.49 Buy It Now
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus LP WHITE/GREEN VINYL unplayed USD $30.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson-Empathy for the Walrus CD NEW USD $20.80 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSON RANDY - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC - RRECD112 USD $17.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (2010, CD New) USD $15.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing USD $5.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 USD $20.38 Buy It Now 2 days
RANDY JACKSON**EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS**CD USD $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES~45 RPM "HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL 2056 M USD $6.95 [0 bids]
Walrus - Hard Rock & Garrage/Skate Punk Instrumentals - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! USD $13.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 on ODEON JAPAN PRESS IMPORT ~ I Am The Walrus / Hello, Goodbye USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS - WITH MERZBOW - WALRUS/ GROON - EP USD $35.95 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS I Am The Walrus CREATION 12" VERY RARE ONE SIDED UK ORIGINAL PROMO CTP190 USD $936.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Styx Big Bang Theory CD NEW SEALED 2005 I Am The Walrus/I Can See For Miles+ USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (PS east coast, straight opening: c USD $35.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Hello, Goodbye/I Am the Walrus Danish Single with Picture Sleeve USD $17.00 [0 bids]
Beatles Vintage 45 Record Lot, I Am The Walrus, Strawberry Fields, Help++ More USD $1.79 [3 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye - 3" CD Single - BRAND NEW - EMI (I am the Walrus) USD $32.56 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS - THUJA - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 USD $17.56 Buy It Now 3 days
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS-CAPITOL 2056 VG+ 45 USD $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM USD $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" OR1838 USD $15.62 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am a Walrus" Good condition USD $3.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Empathy For The Walrus:music/beatles - Jackson,Randy USD $9.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Boris with Merzbow - Walrus / Groon Limited Edition Yellow & White Vinyl EP USD $15.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles: I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring USD $9.44 Buy It Now 4 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
There Are Places I Remember - Strawberry Walrus (2011, CD New) USD $18.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 33, MEXICO IMPORT, DAY IN LIFE, WALRUS, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, COME TOGETHER USD $23.75 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - "Hello, Goodbye"/"I am the Walrus" - Parlophone (1967) 1st Press USD $3.99 [0 bids]
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $59.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus - Dutch 7" in Company Sleeve USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
LOT 2 VINYL RECORD 45 SINGLE BEATLE ELEANOR RIGBY I AM THE WALRUS CANADA 1960's USD $10.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MINT EXCELLENT LN VGC Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $1.55 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES!! - "HELLO GOODBYE" B/W "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL-2056 MONO 45 VG-!! USD $1.98 [0 bids]
Very Rare Beatles Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 45's USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - W/OBI J-POP #50 USD $6.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Oasis - Whatever 6 Tracks - Jap pressing feat. I Am The Walrus (Live in Glasgow) USD $0.81 [0 bids]
Walrus - Now You Know CD USD $4.68 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 1967 1ST PRESSING USD $3.44 [6 bids]
Empathy for the Walrus: Music of Beatles Songs of USD $2.35 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO: For The Walrus (tribute To John Lennon) / Instrumental 45 Rock USD $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 [CD New] USD $16.75 Buy It Now 6 days
In His Life-The John Lennon Story - Strawberry Walrus (2008, CD New) USD $14.53 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - DENMARK PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $7.80 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - PARLOPHONE R 5655 USD $7.80 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 45 RECORD USD $2.00 [0 bids]
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, - NEW CD USD $11.85 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES 45 "I AM THE WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE" CAPITOL 2056 SWIRL LABEL USD $4.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus JAPAN 7" Odeon NM WAX OR-1838 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $8.19 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $8.19 Buy It Now 6 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race,walrus And Cowboy UK USD $8.19 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES I am the Walrus/Hello , Goodbye EMI/ODEON FO 106 French 7 inch 45rpm USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $15.46 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $8.19 Buy It Now 7 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $8.19 Buy It Now 7 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $8.19 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/ WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE IN COMPANY SLV USD $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] USD $15.11 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus Plane Square 3-inch MAGNET NEW OFFICIAL MERCH USD $4.03 Buy It Now 7 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Tracks Inc Drag Race/Walrus/Cowboy USD $5.30 Buy It Now 7 days
Baby Walrus - S/T Vinyl LP Slumber Party Records indie USD $13.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CD walrus ~ USD $8.67

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#987409) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1079433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1188651) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 08, 2014

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"