WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
Walrus by WalrusWalrus by Walrus
Black Rose
Terug Naar Het Begin by WalrusTerug Naar Het Begin by Walrus
Walrus

THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus Italian 7" Parlophon MISPRESSED COVER USD $155.00 Buy It Now 4h 41m
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I'm The Walrus SOUTH AFRICA Parlophone PICTURE SLEEVE USD $115.00 Buy It Now 4h 41m
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I'M THE WALRUS 1967 GERMANY Odeon 7" PS EX+/MINT- copy !!! USD $58.00 Buy It Now 4h 41m
WALRUS Bakersfield Boogie Boy / Climb, Climb, Climb 45 USD $7.96 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Beatles 45 RPM Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 2056 Capital Lennon McCartney USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [New CD] USD $17.31 Buy It Now 6h 50m
BARRY WHITE - SOUL SEDUCTION CD. WALRUS OF LOVE USD $1.37 [0 bids]
Barry White The Collection Love Unlimited Orchestra CD 1988 The Walrus Of Love! USD $5.47 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL BEATLES HIT"I Am The Walrus" /"Hello Goodbye" 45-x 16160 RECORDS IN USA USD $49.00 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Crack The Sky - I Am The Walrus - '78 12" PROMO! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Mike Fab Gere & Permissive Society I am the Walrus 12" Single USD $8.29 Buy It Now 20h 11m
Beatles : Bok-the Walrus Was Ringo CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 12m
Beatles "i AM A WALRUS" "HELLO GOODBYE" on CAPITOL 2056 VG+ USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.75 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES-HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 45 R.P.M. RECORD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS (70'S GROUP) S/T CD German Black Rose 1999 7 Track Digitally Remastered USD $20.62 Buy It Now 1 day
WLS14 DOMINIQUE LAWALREE Taciturne LP VINYL Belgian Walrus 1984 2 Track 10 Part USD $54.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summer USD $2.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" VINYL UK A Summ USD $6.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" VINYL UK Piglet USD $1.45 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD UK Piglet 1993 3 USD $2.91 Buy It Now 1 day
KENICKIE Punka CD UK Emi 1996 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/W Drag Race, Walrus USD $4.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES - I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE 7" 45 RPM VG++/VG USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - THE END OF THE EARTH SHOW USD $12.76 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus 7" Vinyl Record Odeon Brazil (7-BT-08) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CRACK THE SKY - "I Am The Walrus"/"Lighten Up McGraw" 1978 - 7" 45 - US PROMO USD $10.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Fab-Gere & The Permissive Society - I Am The Walrus - 7" Single USD $5.52 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Baby Walrus (Audio CD) USD $23.16 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles Capitol Records 45 A Hard Days Night I Am Walrus Cant Buy Me Love USD $6.00 [0 bids]
SANDO For The Walrus: John Lennon Tribute PROMO 45 w/Lyric Sheet BEATLES USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MADDIE JONES 2 CD EP's Mr Walrus & Let It Out - Cardiff Singer/Songwriter USD $5.52 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES POSTER PAGE 1967 WEST MALLING AIR STATION I AM THE WALRUS PROMO . P3 USD $9.68 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles. Record Label Sticker. Parlophone. Apple. USD $2.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Uncovered 2013 by The Walrus USD $5.89 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS PS & RECORD 45 RPM RECORD USD $55.86 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles Picture Disc 7" Vinyl Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus 20th Anniversary USD $48.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Oliver Walrus 2 - Oliver Walrus (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles: Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus. Danish issue. EX USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus ITALY (COVER) HOLLAND (VINYL) VG/VG+ USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VINYL LP RECORD BARRY WHITE ANOTHER WAY TO SAY I LOVE YOU WALRUS FRAME SOUL DISC USD $9.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus MINI LP CD s/t self titled 1970 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
12 BEATLES ORIGINAL OARNGE SWIRL SOME VG OR VG+ FEW WOL HELP YESTERDAY WALRUS USD $54.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES X 3 SINGLES - CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - WORK IT OUT - I AM THE WALRUS USD $2.76 [0 bids]
CHILL FACTION Eggman On The Deuce 12" SINGLE EP SEALED Beatles I AM THE WALRUS USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES *I AM THE WALRUS* SPANISH 1967 ODEON DSOL 66.082 45 2nd Press USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLV USD $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL MONO 45RPM RECORD NM- USD $44.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES: Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 (Netherlands w/ PS, centre intact USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Beatles . Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus . 1976 orange Capitol 45 rpm USD $7.83 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Carl de Suze Elephant's Child Walrus and the Carpender Jabberwocky still sealed USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLESá HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL WITHá SMALL/MEDIUM T-SHIRT NIB USD $25.00 [0 bids]
the BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I am the Walrus 1967 DUTCH PS NMINT VINYL SINGLE 7" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
the beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus original 1967 first pressing USD $16.62 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parlophone 45 RPM & P/S USD $52.79 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 45 RPM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BUMPS: Ode To A Toad 2:45-Shining 2:45-U.S. 7" 69 Walrus Toad Music Co.TMC 001/2 USD $98.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Neon Walrus by Neon Walrus USD $10.89 Buy It Now 5 days
I Forgot My Blanket by Hash CD Rock Pop Grunge Music Mr. Hello I Am The Walrus USD $3.22 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" 45 USD $0.25 [0 bids]
BEATLES MAKING MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FILM SB BOOK TONY BARROW 60S WALRUS 1967 USD $55.37 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES -Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus- Rare UK 7" Picture Disc Vinyl Record USD $60.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles - I Am The Walrus/ Hello, Goodbye - ROCK 45 (Import) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
CRACK THE SKY: I Am The Walrus / Long Version 12 (dj) Rock & Pop USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES I am the walrus/hello goodbye PICTURE COVER Capitol 2056 VG USD $22.05 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $96.91 Buy It Now 5 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 USD $22.83 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS - Fissure - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES-CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL 45RPM HELLO GOODBYE B/W I AM THE WALRUS M- USD $12.95 Buy It Now 6 days
BORIS MERZBOW EP walrus groon COLOR LTD pelican melvins mastodon ozzy sumac isis USD $1.36 [3 bids]
WALRUS Self-Titled Psychedelic Rock LP Record - Vinyl in NM USD $33.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles - Hello, Goodbye & I Am The Walrus - 7" - MINT UNPLAYED REDUCED!!! USD $13.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles Hello Goodbye Walrus Cant Buy Me Love Vinyl Singles w/T-Shirt 2 Box Sets USD $55.95 Buy It Now 6 days
1968 Rock 45 - THE BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"/"I Am The Walrus" CAPITOL RECORDS USD $0.99 [0 bids]
#1953,BEATLES,Seldom Seen Sleeve,Hello Goodbye/Walrus,Parlophone R5655 USD $19.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Randy Jackson - Empathy For The Walrus Music [CD] USD $16.88 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $12.39 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $16.55 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $19.32 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $22.09 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES - I Am The Walrus ? song lyrics typography poster art print A1 A2 A3 USD $27.62 Buy It Now 7 days
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12" Pelican Isis Torche vinyl LP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Beatles : Target Box set : HELLO GOODBYE / WALRUS 45 : & exclusive T-shirt USD $34.62 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED FIGURES WALRUS BAND BEATLES + BACKING CARD FAB USD $89.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles **1967 Decca Contract Pressing **Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus** USD $1.37 [0 bids]
Walrus (9) - Now You Know - CD Album USD $2.76 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus OR/370 7" JAPAN 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN CD NEW+ USD $25.82 Buy It Now 8 days
Beatles Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Japan 45 With Picture Sleeve 400 Yen USD $29.74 Buy It Now 8 days
CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 1978 NEW WAVE AOR 7" Beatles USD $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL 45 PARLOPHONE UK EX+ USD $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Little Lead Soldiers - The Beatles 'Walrus Band' 60mm Figure Set - Memorabilia USD $103.85 Buy It Now 8 days
IRON WALRUS - A BEAST WITHIN (LP) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $27.02 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES~ I AM THE WALRUS~ VG~ HELLO GOODBYE~ CAPITOL 2056~ ~ POP 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Walrus by Walrus (Prog)/Walrus (Oakland, CA) (CD, Aug-2008, Esoteric Recordings) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 8 days
Empathy For The Walrus by Randy Jackson CD NEW USD $9.90 Buy It Now 8 days
SANDO "FOR THE WALRUS (Tribute to John Lennon)" 1981 7" 45rpm ~All Star Records USD $0.99 Buy It Now 8 days
WALRUS & THE CARPENTER - OLD SOUL'S EYES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $6.13 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simultaneously playing the same drum kit (from opposite sides), Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow) and Henrik Olsson (Mattias' 17-year old son?).

Krautrock is alive and flourishing! Walrus gives us another wonderful testament to the revitalization of the Krautrock sub-genre of progressive rock, though this 33 1/2 minute offering is hardly an LP's worth of tunes. Bass, organ, synths, cello and two drummers are typical contributors to the music here.

1. 'Tromso' (7:14) is constructed very much in the vein of CAN with a steady, hypnotic bass and guitar beat, playful drumming and lots of incidentals'samples (radio & computer/electronic noises), percussives, cello, voices, Farfisa organ'and a humorous Monty Python-esque ending. (8/10)

2. 'Signals' (8:58) begins very slowly, heavily. The slow pattern of bass, background organ (and hiss) and seemingly random viola notes make for a very mysterious, ominous feel. The drums enter in the third minute and soon after a synthesizer, which turns into an organ, to 'liven' things up a bit for a minute or so. A bare bones section ensues for about a minute until everything hypes up into a fast pace (delightful!) while keyboards beep and swirl around in the mix for a while. At 6:50 the cymbol and bass play speed up but then move to a lower volume while things get stripped down to return to the slow-down, though more jazzy feel of the opening pace. A good song, with interesting experimentation in meter and sound level. (8/10)

3. 'Spitsbergen' (14:09) is the album's longest song. It starts with a very spacey synth and echo-plexed bass with creative percussion play for the first two minutes. At 3:37 the song shifts gears with a big chunky bass and full drum support kicking into a driving pace. They are joined by a modulated synth and arpeggiating organ and treated electrified cello. The constant building, climbing of scales and then dropping back to start over are highly engaging and always hopeful (for the listener seeking resolution). In the ninth minute things get stripped down to simplified levels'lots of staccato notes and spaciousness'with the occasional jarring interjection of a sustained low bass chord. At the 10:58 mark things pick back up again into the swirling, throbbing world from the earlier B Part. Almost ANEKDOTEN-like! (Especially with the presence of a mellotron.) The song winds down with the final 75 seconds being very slow and airy. (8/10)

4. 'Static' (3:06) is an austere bass and drum song peppered with synthesized and percussive sounds while an oriental-sounding echoed cello arpeggiates some odd oriental- sounding chords or scales. Kind of cool! (8/10)

Overall an engaging if brief journey into some quite cinematic songspaces.

4 Stars

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"