WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
bakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm singlebakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm single
JANUS
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 6h 31m
(OK2) The Beatles I Am the Walrus Retro Issue EMI Records Excellent US $9.74 Buy It Now 10h 37m
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE US $11.35 Buy It Now 19h 10m
1K PARLOPHONE R 5655 SILVER & BLACK THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE US $15.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO,GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - DECCA PRESSING - R 5655 - 1967 US $6.48 [0 bids]
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- US $3.12 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS EX JAPAN PS 45! '60s HEAR Odeon US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES " I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RECORD US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - G+ US $2.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 4 Beatles 45 Records - Walrus, Hello, Let It Be, Yesterday, Apple Records US $19.95 [0 bids]
Boris/Merzbow "Walrus" 12"vinyl LP SunnO))) Hydrahead US $25.00 [0 bids]
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON FOS 106 I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
1967 Original Press Beatles Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus No. 2056 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR LP CAPITAL RECORDS BOOKLET 1967 WALRUS US $22.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus: Songs of the Beatles" CD Zebra Rock US $2.50 [0 bids]
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 1967 45 Record 7" US $7.15 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS US $3.23 Buy It Now 1 day
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM RECORD WALRUS Tomorrow Never Comes/Who Can I Trust PROMO DERAM RARE PSYCH US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $81.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD US $15.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $113.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Walrus-Centrifuge-UK 7"-DIY Ed Wynne Pre Ozric Tentacles Space Rock-1982-HEAR US $16.23 [1 bids]
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS~UNPLAYED MINT ORANGE LABEL~MONO~LENNON US $10.00 [0 bids]
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 US $1.61 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus 45 1967 Capitol 2056 US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 US $27.59 Buy It Now 2 days
???THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1967??? US $12.17 Buy It Now 2 days
BEATLES hello goodbye 7" b/w i am the walrus which is i am a walrus" on the labe US $37.62 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles Collectors Tin - Hello Good Bye I am the Walrus - Store Cards Seeds + US $4.86 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD US $5.64 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Beatles 45's 7 of them with sleeves, Let Be, Walrus,Jude,Wind Road,Lord,Oko,HIHI US $36.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition Unique PS 7" US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS 1967 Capitol 2056 7" 45 VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
The Walrus Of Love Barry White Dutch 2 CD album (Double CD) WHITE213 US $26.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD US $15.82 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS PS 45 NETHERLANDS 1967 US $8.43 [6 bids]
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES- HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45~~Capitol Swirl 2056~~I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye EX VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Venomous Walrus [CD New] US $13.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles - "I am the Walrus/Hello Goodbye" Capitol Canada 2056 first pressing US $8.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $94.18 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO- GOODBYE - I AM THE WALRUS - 1992-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCWELDER i am the walrus 7" red/clear vinyl b/w sign o' the times (bmi026) pic US $8.79 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Single 45rpm Reissue US $1.61 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS SOLID US $19.47 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS US $11.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Crack The Sky / I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw 45 rpm Promo Record Ex Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS VARIANT LABEL UK ISSUE 1967 US $0.97 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES . HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS . Excellent + vinyl single US $12.98 [0 bids]
VINTAGE:45*BEATLES*Capitol*SWIRL LABEL*I am the WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE*2056* US $2.49 [0 bids]
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus Oasis MUSIC CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P US $6.09 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles hello goodbye / I am the walrus US $6.50 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles 45 rpm Hello GoodbyeI Am The Walrus 2056 US $6.00 [0 bids]
LES DeMERLE I Am The Walrus/ The Raven UA 50458 Juggy Murray 7" 45 Beatles tune US $7.67 [0 bids]
1967 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE & I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL US $69.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles, Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus, 1968 Capitol Rock VG++ US $5.00 [0 bids]
Hombre LP First Shot Private Press on Walrus Sweet Maya Hard Rock Jazz Funk US $14.99 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 7" b/w see emily play ( US $8.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles, The - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - [7"], Beatles, The, Acceptable US $23.27 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 6 days
STYX I am the Walrus EDIT TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD single BEATLES remake cover trk US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Rock 45 The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am the Walrus on Capitol Records US $3.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS "WHO CAN I TRUST / TOMORROW NEVER COMES" 1970 DERAM US $6.50 [0 bids]
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES BY JACKSON,RANDY (CD) US $18.02 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO tribute 45 FOR THE WALRUS / instr. ~ALL STAR VG++/VG+ Beatles related rock US $7.49 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES LOVE 26 TRACK REWORKED CD GET BACK WALRUS HELP! REVOLUTION HEY JUDE US $7.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Jackson Randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music Of Beatles Songs Of CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 6 days
Baby Walrus LP Vinyl Record Pop Rock US $17.80 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS " (PARLOPHONE) 1967 VG US $2.60 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 7" single 1967 Denmark R 5655 US $19.90 [0 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" vinyl 45 1967 Sweden R 5655 US $39.90 [0 bids]
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel US $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
RANDY JACKSON (ZEBRA - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF THE BEATLES, - NEW CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES, I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye, Near Mint, Writing on Label US $29.00 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS Songs LP NEW SEALED VINYL IMPORT PSYCH ROCK GUERSSEN RECORDS US $22.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS FIRST PRESSING MACLEN US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "EX+" HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS DECCA CONTRACT ISSUE US $32.47 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 1967 7"45 CAPITOL 2056 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES : HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS # R5655 SINGLES COLLECTION "IMPORT" US $9.50 Buy It Now 7 days
RANDY JACKSON - EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS: MUSIC OF BEATLES SONGS OF NEW CD US $17.29 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#987409) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1079433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1188651) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 08, 2014

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"