WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

Twenty Thousand LeaguesTwenty Thousand Leagues
CD Baby 2008
Baby Walrus CD US $16.55 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Walrus - Walrus - ECLEC2071 US $19.03 Buy It Now 6h 26m
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM A WALRUS ORIGINAL CAPITOL 45RPM US $55.00 Buy It Now 12h 37m
CRACK THE SKY-LIVE SKY 1978 LIFESONG RECORDS LP JZ 35620 EX. VG+ I AM THE WALRUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h
EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES - Jackson,Randy US $9.97 Buy It Now 15h 59m
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus Mini Guitar Keyring, New US $9.44 Buy It Now 16h 15m
Walrus - S/T - Janus 1972 - OOP - VG++ US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES coffee mug HELLO GOODBYE Walrus 60s Pop Fab Four Christmas Gift bn US $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus UK 7" 1967 vg US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS US $6.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am The Walrus The Beatles 45 Capitol 2056 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS" 2056 PSYCH (1967) 7" SINGLE 45 PSYCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Walrus - Walrus NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 1 day
BABY WALRUS - BABY WALRUS - NEW CD US $12.90 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - W/OBI J-POP #50 US $3.49 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS US $11.87 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE 1971 Rock 45 - BEATLES "Hello Goodbye"/"I Am Walrus" CAPITOL Red Dome Label US $0.99 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL RECORDS 45 VG!!! K US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORIS WITH MERZBOW Walrus / Groom LP, Black VINYL unplayed US $25.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS w/PIC SLEEVE 45rpm Mono VINYL SINGLE XLNT! US $38.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PIC SLEEVE and 45 US $12.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES I am the Walrus/Hello , Goodbye EMI/ODEON FO 106 French 7 inch 45rpm US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Good Bye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition PS 7" US $29.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS Your eyes (Femmes, femmes) Rare French 7 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Beatles 45 rpm Hello Goodbye\I Am The Walrus 2056 US $10.00 [0 bids]
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED US $20.99 [0 bids]
BEATLES UK 45 PARLOPHONE LABEL HELLO GOODBYE-I AM THE WALRUS NEAR MINT VINYL! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] US $20.92 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/I Am the Walrus ~ 1967 45 rpm Record US $4.50 Buy It Now 4 days
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL US $13.20 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM, The Beatles, Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus, Parlophone R5655, UK, G US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDO for the walrus - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I'M Am The Walrus On Capitol Records 1967 US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus - Very Good US $3.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus: Now You Know CD Album 3161V US $3.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Strawberry Walrus-There Are Places I Remember CD NEW US $20.93 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Capitol 2056 7" Vinyl + L/XL T-Shirt US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
(OK2) The Beatles I Am the Walrus Retro Issue EMI Records Excellent US $10.18 Buy It Now 4 days
JACKSON,RANDY-EMPATHY FOR THE WALRUS:MUSIC/BEATLES CD NEW US $14.02 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE US $11.87 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye I Am The Walrus Parlophone EMI Gt Britain import 45 7" US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES, I Am The Walrus, Hello Goodbye, Capitol 2056, Near Mint! US $34.00 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH SP BEATLES JUKEBOX ODEON I AM THE WALRUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- US $3.12 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am Walrus 3" Single CDS 1989 OOP Japan Rare !!!!! US $33.57 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su US $27.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
BABY WALRUS - Baby Walrus - CD US $26.55 Buy It Now 6 days
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM US $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES hello, goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm DENMARK rarest 1967 US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 EX+ F1/F3 STUNNING 2056 US $36.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS US $3.38 Buy It Now 6 days
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff,with I Am A Walrus US $5.00 [0 bids]
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" US $4.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl US $84.86 Buy It Now 6 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $118.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD US $16.53 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (rare rock & pop 45) US $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus I Believed 1980 Paradice Records Rare New Wave 7" US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #2 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #1 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS FANTASY 45 SLEEVE #3 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 45 Apple Records 2056 US $4.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS FIRST PRESSING MACLEN US $41.66 Buy It Now 6 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel US $25.00 [0 bids]
Baby Walrus by Baby Walrus (CD, Feb-2008, Slumber Party Records) US $3.77 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO , GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SWEDEN PS 7" 1967 US $27.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BEATLES hello goodbye 7" b/w i am the walrus which is i am a walrus" on the labe US $43.56 Buy It Now 7 days
The Beatles 45 - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Capitol 2056 VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WALRUS - NOW YOU KNOW BRAND NEW CD US $5.89 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES " HELLO GOODBYE " "I AM THE WALRUS" 45 RPM Record Capitol w/ Sleeve US $19.50 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye I'm The Walrus Turkey & Turkish Edition Unique PS 7" US $30.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Walrus by Walrus (CD, Jan-2004) Japanese Import NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED " WALRUS BAND " FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR FAB! US $98.44 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - 1967 FRENCH PRESSING - R5655 US $8.47 [0 bids]
The Beatles ~A day in the Life/I am the Walrus/Strawberry Fields Forever/Come To US $29.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES- HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS 7" VG CAPITOL 2056 Vinyl 1967 Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS PS FIRST PRESSING MACLEN US $39.87 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES 45 HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR + 1 EP ? 67 IMPORT SM0-39.501 US $26.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS US $13.56 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE I AM THE WALRUS SOLID US $23.75 Buy It Now 8 days
Randy Jackson "Empathy for the Walrus" CD from group Zebra. This is great!! US $16.94 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCWELDER i am the walrus 7" red/clear vinyl b/w sign o' the times (bmi026) pic US $10.18 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES ? I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE ? 1967 RARE LABEl IMPORT R.5655 US $46.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/Walrus fridge magnet 3" square metal gift free UK P US $6.37 Buy It Now 9 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus US $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
45 vinyl ''Hello Goodbye'' des Beatles'' US $4.63 [0 bids]
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus 7" b/w see emily play ( US $8.47 Buy It Now 10 days
Beatles, The - Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - [7"], Beatles, The, Acceptable US $24.32 Buy It Now 10 days
WALRUS SELF TITLED 1972 VG+ HEAR IT US $19.00 Buy It Now 10 days
BEATLES 45RPM I AM THE WALRUS CAPITOL 2056 ORIGINAL VG+ US $29.95 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#987409) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#1079433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1188651) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 08, 2014

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"