WALRUS

- Leo Svensson / cello, minimoog
- Kristian Holmgren / bass
- Mattias Olsson / drums, percussion
- Henrik Olsson / drums, percussion

CD Electricity Recording ECD201 (2013)
LP Electricity Recording ELPS201 (2013)

Thanks to DamoXt7942 for the addition

WALRUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WALRUS Walrus Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
WalrusWalrus
Esoteric 2008
FissureFissure
Decibel Worship 1997
Single Album 1Single Album 1
Imports 2011
2nd Single2nd Single
Imports 2014
bakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm singlebakersfield boogie boy / mono 45 rpm single
JANUS
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
MIKE FAB-GERE - I AM THE WALRUS 7" VINYL PS USD $6.05 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE BEATLES 45rpm I am the Walrus Capitol 2056 1966 USD $14.98 Buy It Now 4h 25m
BEATLES 33, MEXICO IMPORT, DAY IN LIFE, WALRUS, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, COME TOGETHER USD $23.75 Buy It Now 5h 25m
THE BEATLES 45 RPM "Hello Goodbye" & "I am the Walrus" G- condition USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Beatles 45 rpm Record "I Am The Walrus" / "Hello Goodbye" 1967 USD $8.95 [0 bids]
Beatles French Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus. Excellent Condition! France! USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
BEATLES 45 RPM - CAPITOL 2056 - "HELLO GOODBYE" + "I AM THE WALRUS" USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Wonderwall / I Am the Walrus by Oasis USD $3.89 Buy It Now 20h 20m
THE BEATLES - HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS - PARLOPHONE 7" JUKEBOX READY USD $1.50 [1 bids]
THE BEATLES:I AM WALRUS/HELLO GOODBYE-45RPM (PLUS WHY) - NO PIC. SLEEVE USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Argent Walrus Gumboot Sidewinder Malvern Winter Gardens 26/1/75 Ticket USD $30.33 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus 45-2056 Maclen Credits USD $15.99 [0 bids]
PROG SOUL FUNK "WHO CAN I TRUST" WALRUS mint- on PROMO DREAM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I am the Walrus * 7" FRENCH 45 PS ODEON FO 106 * USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS S/T 1970 ORIG DERAM JAZZ PROG PSYCH Rock RARE German PROG USD $20.40 [4 bids]
THE BEATLES-HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS -PARLOPHONE 1ST PRESS R.5655 1967 EX+ USD $4.53 [1 bids]
Vintage 45 rpm- Capitol The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles 45 RPM SINGLE : HELLO GOODBYE/ I AM THE WALRUS CAPITAL 2056 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES: Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus (Portugal) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
OASIS-Cigarettes & Alcohol--I Am The Walrus (Live)-UK (CRE 190) numbered 7" MINT USD $18.96 [4 bids]
SANDO: For The Walrus (tribute To John Lennon) / Instrumental 45 Rock USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oliver Walrus - Oliver Walrus 2 [CD New] USD $20.02 Buy It Now 1 day
In His Life-The John Lennon Story - Strawberry Walrus (2008, CD New) USD $13.85 Buy It Now 1 day
WALRUS - S/T - CD - UK PROG/ROCK - 1970 + BONUS TRACK USD $9.08 [0 bids]
The Beatles 7" Vinyl Single Hello GoodBye" "I Am the Walrus " Len USD $4.53 [0 bids]
Beat Rock Vinyl 7" 45 - The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus - Parloph USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES vinyl 45 RPMs Twist And Shout + Lay Madonna + I Am The Walrus USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus PURPLE CAPITOL LABEL 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS swirl 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beatles - I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 45 vg Capitol USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES hello goodbye - i am a walrus 7"-VINYL 45rpm GERMANY IMPORT rarest 1967 USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $16.99 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye Orig 1st UK PARLOPHONE 1967 EX EX USD $12.12 [0 bids]
Walrus - Walrus (1970) JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD (2008) NEW +1 bonus track S/T USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Captiol 45rpm BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus (good) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEATLES, HELLO GOODBYE/ WALRUS, ORIG. 1967 SINGLE IN COMPANY SLV USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB-GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY i am the walrus/see emily play 7" PS USD $10.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus - In His Life-The John Lennon Story [CD New] USD $18.14 Buy It Now 2 days
LOT OF 4 BEATLES 45 RPM 7" RECORDS, I AM THE WALRUS, TOLLIE, CAPITAL USD $10.50 [2 bids]
Hello Goodbye b/w I Am the Walrus - The Beatles 7" w/t-shirt - BRAND NEW! USD $49.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Beatles I Am The Walrus / Hello Goodbye 7" 45rpm Capitol 2056 EX Pic Sleeve USD $24.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Private 45 Hombre on Walrus Way You Make Me Feel USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOLLY GOODS - WALRUS CD NEW+ USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Strawberry Walrus - There Are Places I Remember [CD New] USD $23.84 Buy It Now 2 days
WALRUS - VACCINE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $15.19 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus CD 3 Track UK Piglet 1 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
KENICKIE Punka CD 4 Track Original Pic Disc B/w Drag Race, Walrus And Cowboy UK USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow C USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS Cigarettes And Alcohol CD 4 Track B/w I Am The Walrus Live Glasgow Cathou USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
WALRUS S/t CD 8 Track Inc Bonus EUROPEAN Esoteric 2008 USD $12.72 Buy It Now 3 days
Venomous Walrus (2012, CD New) USD $11.48 Buy It Now 3 days
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus rare original 45 with PicSleeve USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
*WALRUS, self-titled LP on Janus, gatefold cover NEAR MINT USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
WALRUS S/T +1 1970 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD PROG SEALED USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 12" 2 Track Eggman Mix USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM The Beatles I am the Walrus & 0611EL USD $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Hombre Home With Me 7" 45 Walrus 114 1983 Vinyl USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM CAPITOL RECORD THE BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS HELLO GOODBYE COLLECTIBLE PHONO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello Goodbye / I Am The Walrus Promo CD Digipak Rare USD $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye c/c I am the Walrus 45PRM 7" EMI Records USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OASIS ACQUIESCE / I AM THE WALRUS 12" UK VINYL PROMO SAMP 1998 Noel Gallagher USD $58.90 Buy It Now 3 days
BEATLES HELLO GOOD BY RECORD / I AM THE WALRUS USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Hemet High School Jazz Band CD Only Forever Walrus Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Oasis "Cigarettes and Alcohol" CD single "I Am the Walrus" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ORIGINAL PROMO BEATLES 45 "HELLO GOODBYE" B/W "I AM THE WALRUS" CAPITOL P 2056 USD $41.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus 7" UK Parlophone label R5655 USD $12.13 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles-Hello goodbye/I am the walrus 7" 1967 USD $1.50 [1 bids]
BEATLES Hello Goodbye 7" B/w I Am The Walrus Which Is "i Am A Walrus" On The Lab USD $27.05 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE FAB GERE AND THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I Am The Walrus 7" B/w See Emily Play USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE FAB-GERE & THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY - I AM THE WALRUS - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $10.60 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles-Hello Goodbye/ I Am The Walrus 1967 EX 45 Record 2056 inventory #308 USD $40.00 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES Hello Goodbye & I Am The Walrus Rare Original 45 VeryCleanSleeve++++ USD $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Walrus Gumboot - Vintage Fan club Photograph 6 X 4 USD $1.50 [0 bids]
Sando ROCK 45 (All Star #111) For The Walrus M- USD $3.12 Buy It Now 4 days
SPACE WALRUS Searchin' + Grazin' In The Grass 45 EX+ US 1971 orig Athena 5019 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES "LEAD" HAND PAINTED WALRUS BAND SET FROM MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR GRAND USD $84.91 [0 bids]
WALRUS GHOST Uplifiting Themes LP NEW VINYL Project Mooncircle KRTS Four Tet Su USD $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Uncovered - Walrus (2006, CD New) USD $16.77 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES 45 RPM VINYL - HELLO GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - Fair Condition USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
WALRUS Walrus with bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD USD $40.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye/I am Walrus Rare French Export Original 1967 7" vinyl USD $11.37 [0 bids]
12" PROMO Single - CRACK THE SKY - I Am The Walrus - NM USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEATLES - Hello Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus - UK Parlophone 7" 45 - EX USD $7.57 Buy It Now 4 days
BEATLES HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS SINGLE 7" RECORD USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
WALRUS s/t Walrus JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED +1 1970 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
WALRUS selftitled JANUS 3051 Prog/Psych USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus Self Titled NM- LP Classic Rock Prog Rock Janus USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDO - FOR THE WALRUS (TRIBUTE TO JOHN LENNON) USA 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus - Uncovered [CD New] USD $19.45 Buy It Now 5 days
MIKE FAB-GERE &THE PERMISSIVE SOCIETY I AM THE WALRUS USD $3.02 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEATLES - HELLO, GOODBYE/I AM THE WALRUS - 7" 45rpm SINGLE (1967) USD $7.58 Buy It Now 5 days
Crack The Sky 45 "I Am The Walrus / Lighten Up McGraw" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Jackson,randy - Empathy For The Walrus: Music NEW CD USD $14.77 Buy It Now 5 days
Walrus (Everyone Deserves a Fat Chance) (Janus 3051) ('72) (Sealed) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LES DEMERLE: The Raven / I Am The Walrus 45 (Great sound from him..fierce drums USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Beatles I Am The Walrus Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $106.14 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles Hello Goodbye & I Am the Walrus Apple Promo CD Single 1991 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES "HELLO GOODBYE / I AM THE WALRUS" RARE LIME GREEN LABEL PROMO 1967 NM USD $325.00 Buy It Now 5 days
OLIVER WALRUS Me, Myself And I! LP Tiger Lily TL 14038 Mega-Rare Soul Funk NM USD $595.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES I AM THE WALRUS / HELLO GOODBYE CAPITOL SWIRL LABEL # 2056 FAINT WEAR USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CD walrus
WALRUS
~ USD $7.62

More places to buy WALRUS music online Buy WALRUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WALRUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WALRUS Walrus ratings distribution

WALRUS Walrus reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
3 stars With a name like Walrus, you've got to be good. This instrumental band is indeed talented. However, I'm not sure about the inventive or originality parts. They play their instruments with ease and precision, but I've heard this all before somehow.

This music is labelled as psychedelic/space rock, but there is more heavy prog here, methinks. They almost get a djenty sound at times, and there is a ton of bass. Yet, they lack personality. If a band decides to be instrumental only, I feel they need to be able to express themselves eccentrically. There are such bands, such as Joseph Magazine or Hostsonaten, that can do this with ease. Walrus, on the other hand, sounds very cold and disconnected. So, this is a good album, but I feel they need to work on their collective personality in music. Sometimes, a little charm, such as in Colin Masson's instrumental work, can go a long way.

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars Comprised of members of Anglagard and Gosta Berlings Saga, the impressive little debut album from Norway's `Walrus' is so far relatively flying under the radar from what I can tell. Let's try and change that! What inititally comes across as quite repetitive, monotonous and underwhelming soon proves to be a slowly brooding, hypnotic mix of Krautrock, spacerock, electronic atmospheres, heavier moments and uneasy ambience. Slab-like bass, wispy veils of Mellotron, Mini-moog and Hammond, cello and two different drummers create an intoxicating mood, and while occasionally the band does get stuck in the same pattern for what seems like minutes on end, this all works toward a very hallucinatory and disorientating effect on the listener, slowly wearing you down and dragging you into the mud.

Opener `Tromso' is a frantic hypnotic run, quickly reminding of the repetitive dirty grooves of Neu, Can and even Steven Wilson's Incredible Expanding Mindf*ck project. Starting with strangled cello and distorted, harsh metallic obtrusive random noise percussion, leaping thick bass punches down on the listener like a mallet to the head. Some swirling spacey swoops join in as the rhythm grows in intensity, the tempo picking up and kicking into overdrive behind some of the most scratchy serrated Hammond this side of Elephant9 before collapsing in on itself in the dying final seconds.

`Signals' has a creeping approaching bass line, stalking it's way through the filthiest of swamps to get to you, taking on the same eerie and unpleasant soundtrack vibe of Goblin and Morte Macabre. Droning ambient electronic pulses and haunting Hammond touch on early Porcupine Tree, even Wilson's Bass Communion project. We move through disorientating, hallucinatory psychedelia behind a machine-like hum before the piece explodes out of nowhere at the five minute mark and tears off into deep dark space! The bass gallops along to catch up, the drums turn manic and the keyboards glisten before the final minute disappears into a shimmering reprise of the stalking opening.

`Spitsbergen' is the crowning achievement of the LP, full of scuzzy tension and hard-edged distorted outbursts, book-ended with some deeply sinister and ghostly choral Mellotron and a `Careful With That Axe...'-style lurking bass line. The piece kicks back from the dead with some snarling electric guitar heavy riffs, Hammond full of mystery, and a weeping 'Tron finale worthy of Anekdoten. Much of this track places the percussion/drumming centre stage, so confident and filled with purpose. I don't think the track really needed the almost metal riff moments, as it's plenty heavy as it already is, but it's another piece that fans of Morte Macabre will really appreciate. The cold yet beautifully fragile closer `Static' ends the album in a darkly jazzy manner, with skittering drum-work and staccato deep bass notes over the loneliest of crying cello.

Walrus don't incorporate different sounds and genres so much as blur those lines instead, and the results, while no classic and often clearly showing it's influences, makes for a very promising and occasionally excellent dark instrumental debut. I have no doubt a follow-up will be even stronger as there's so much potential here, and I can't wait to see where the band goes to next. Fans who like the idea of a looser instrumental version of gloomy downbeat prog like Anekdoten, Morte Macabre and the darker corners of Kraut and space rock and will find much of interest here.

Three and a half stars.

4 stars These guys who are all Swedes apparently met in a bar in the far north of Norway in 2010 and decided to make an album together. They call their music "Polar Kraut" since this bar was on the Polar Sea and yes the style of music they play brings Krautrock to mind for sure. Leo Svensson who plays cello and mini-moog played with Mattias Olsson(ANGLAGARD) as guests on GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA's most recent album called "Glue Works" and those two along with the bassist here Kristian Holmgren played on the 2014 release by NECROMONKEY. Matti Bye a key part of this band plays mellotron and a variety of keyboards and he's released sountracks for movies over the years and he certainly leaves his mark on this recording.

So we get four tracks clocking in at a total of 33 1/2 minutes, just right. Up first is "Tromso III" which has this urgent sounding groove that is fairly intense. It does settle briefly before 5 minutes but then kicks in even harder after that. A catchy track overall. "Signals" is slow paced with atmosphere and it's quite dark as sounds come and go. Haunting female vocal melodies come in after 2 minutes and I love when the organ arrives after 3 1/2 minutes. Such a great sound right here. It does settle back but then we get some intensity 7 minutes in before it fades back and trips along.

"Spitsbergen" is the longest track at over 14 minutes. It's slow moving and minimalistic with those haunting female vocal melodies returning to this album once again. The song kicks in around 4 minutes as we get some nasty fuzzed out bass. The mellotron is gorgeous around 12 minutes in and I like the way themes are repeated on this tune. Such a trippy ride. "Static" opens with...well static. Liquid sounding keys, drums then cello join in on this 3 minute closer.

A solid 4 stars and a project that I hope continues in the future. This is dark, experimental and trippy, my kind of music.

4 stars "Polar Kraut" Rock! Awesome new instrumental project from an ad hoc Swedish band that includes accomplished Swedish film music composer Matti Bye on the organ, two of his long-time associates in the world of soundtrack, cellist Leo Svensson and bassist Kristian Holmgren, and two drummers simul ... (read more)

Report this review (#978059) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, June 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WALRUS "Walrus"