BELIEF IN QUESTION

Buy CARPADIUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. Overture/Whatever (5:52)
2. Readymade (9:33)
3. Tina's Old Memorabilia (3:54)
4. Yerku Yerg (6:37)
5. For the Bears (7:56)
6. Smells Like Last Tuesday (6:00)
7. Meta (9:52)

Search CARPADIUM Belief in Question lyrics

Search CARPADIUM Belief in Question tabs

- Ryan Bell / Guitars
- Jonathan Ward / Bass, vocals, trumpet, keys
- Andrew Mankin / Drums

Self Released digital

Thanks to Andy Webb for the addition

CARPADIUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARPADIUM Belief in Question Music

More places to buy CARPADIUM music online Buy CARPADIUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARPADIUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARPADIUM Belief in Question ratings distribution

CARPADIUM Belief in Question reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars So, I was alerted to Carpadium through PA and also through my page, The Prog Mind. I spoke with Ryan Bell, the guitarist, and I offered to review the band's debut album, "Belief in Question". I actually have come away rather impressed with two things: originality and virtuosity.

The band plays a rather original mix of math rock, heavy prog, and maybe even some indie rock. There are tons of great riffs throughout this mostly instrumental album, and I would say that there is a pretty even mix between math rock and heavy prog overall. So, you get the fast- paced, technical genius of band like Perhaps, but you also get some great, hard riffs from bands like Rush. These two come together to form some interesting tracks that feature many changes in tempo and power.

I was quite impressed with the bass player, as is the case with many math rock bands. The bass player lays down some awesome, intricate bass lines that really drive the album. On top of that, the drummer is fantastic with a very powerful style. I was somewhat disappointed in the keys, as they are great when present, but are not present often. The sparse vocals were also slightly disappointing, for they almost seem like indie punk vox. They do grow on you, but it does take some effort, especially during some of the more un-melodic moments.

Through these highs and lows, however, Carpadium has offered an extremely solid debut album. Tracks "Overture/Whatever", "Tina's Old Memorabilia", "For the Bears", and "Meta" are all stunning songs that represent the best of the album. The grooviness present in this group is hard to ignore, as I found myself getting into the beats time and time again. Give this album a shot, as I recommend it highly.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1003439) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 22, 2013

Post a review of CARPADIUM "Belief in Question"