THE CATALYST FIRE

Tom Skerlj - Guitar, Keyboard and Percussion

Friday, August 9, 2013
Label: UNFD

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

DEAD LETTER CIRCUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEAD LETTER CIRCUS The Catalyst Fire Music

Imports 2008
DEAD LETTER CIRCUSDEAD LETTER CIRCUS
INDIE (JAPAN)
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - CATALYST FIRE NEW CD US $30.36 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Dead Letter Circus - THIS IS THE WARNING 2LP + BONUS CD US $43.92 Buy It Now 1 day
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - THIS IS THE WARNING [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $24.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Dead Letter Circus THIS IS THE WARNING CD/DVD USA 894587001846 Sumerian Records US $6.98 [0 bids]
Catalyst Fire - Dead Letter Circus US $9.45 Buy It Now 3 days
This Is the Warning by Dead Letter Circus (CD, Jul-2011, 2 Discs, Sumerian... US $7.52 Buy It Now 3 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - One Step CD Single [ECD] Music Video Included US $0.01 [0 bids]
Dead Letter Circus - Next In Line CD US $14.60 Buy It Now 4 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - CATALYST FIRE - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 5 days
The Catalyst Fire * by Dead Letter Circus *New CD* US $8.39 Buy It Now 7 days
Dead Letter Circus - Catalyst Fire [CD New] US $11.34 Buy It Now 8 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS "The Catalyst Fire" (CD, 2013 The End) [Bonus Tracks] US $13.95 Buy It Now 9 days
This Is the Warning by Dead Letter Circus NEW (CD+DVD, 2011, 2 Discs, Sumerian) US $10.49 Buy It Now 9 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - THE CATALYST FIRE - UNFD029 US $16.07 Buy It Now 10 days
Dead Letter Circus - Next In Line [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS ~ THE CATALYST FIRE $3 shipping from New Zealand. US $22.90 Buy It Now 10 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Dead Letter Circus - One Step - Sumerian U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! Enhanced US $5.97 Buy It Now 11 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - The Catalyst Fire (Bonus Tracks) US $9.49 Buy It Now 13 days
Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning [CD New] US $27.82 Buy It Now 14 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS-THE CATALYST FIRE CD NEW US $26.33 Buy It Now 14 days
Dead Letter Circus - One Step - Promo Only CD Single US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
The Catalyst Fire by Dead Letter Circus *New CD* US $12.48 Buy It Now 15 days
Dead Letter Circus - Catalyst Fire Bonus Tracks CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 15 days
Dead Letter Circus - Catalyst Fire CD US $26.67 Buy It Now 15 days
Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning CD WARNER US $32.31 Buy It Now 15 days
Dead Letter Circus The Catalyst Fire CD US $15.34 Buy It Now 15 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS The Catalyst Fire SIGNED CD *Brand New* Autographed US $26.34 Buy It Now 16 days
Dead Letter Circus - Catalyst Fire [CD New] US $15.44 Buy It Now 17 days
Next in Line by Dead Letter Circus *New CD* US $10.06 Buy It Now 18 days
Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning [CD New] US $10.48 Buy It Now 19 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS-THIS IS THE WARNING CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 19 days
This Is the Warning, Dead Letter Circus, New US $11.95 Buy It Now 19 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - THIS IS THE WARNING [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.94 Buy It Now 19 days
Dead Letter Circus - The Catalyst Fire (NEW CD) US $18.13 Buy It Now 19 days
Dead Letter Circus - One Step - Rare Radio Promotional ECD Single - 1205 US $12.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Catalyst Fire - Dead Letter Circus New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $30.21 Buy It Now 20 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - ONE STEP - ENHANCED CD-CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 20 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS_This Is The Warning_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_L3 US $8.78 Buy It Now 20 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - THIS IS THE WARNING NEW CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 20 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - 2012 AUSTRALIAN TOUR - PROMO TOUR POSTER US $12.25 Buy It Now 21 days
Dead Letter Circus - Catalyst Fire (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $9.09 Buy It Now 21 days
Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning CD SUMERIAN RECORDS US $14.73 Buy It Now 23 days
Dead Letter Circus(CD Album)Dead Letter Circus-3MASSIVE001-UK-New US $43.79 Buy It Now 24 days
Dead Letter Circus(CD Album)This Is The Warning-Warner-5186586482-Australia-New US $14.89 Buy It Now 24 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - ONE STEP 1TRK PROMO DJ CD CS151 # US $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Dead Letter Circus - The Catalyst Fire NEW CD US $14.16 Buy It Now 26 days
CD Promo Single Dead Letter Circus One Step DJ USA Collectible US $7.99 Buy It Now 27 days
This Is the Warning by Dead Letter Circus (CD, Jul-2011, 2 Discs, Sumerian... US $13.95 Buy It Now 29 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - NEXT IN LINE NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 29 days
DEAD LETTER CIRCUS - THE CATALYST FIRE - NEW CD US $12.46 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy DEAD LETTER CIRCUS music online Buy DEAD LETTER CIRCUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEAD LETTER CIRCUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEAD LETTER CIRCUS The Catalyst Fire ratings distribution

DEAD LETTER CIRCUS The Catalyst Fire reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars While many people focus their attention on rising progressive talent in Europe or the US, I'm here to tell you that Australia is witnessing an explosion of progressive talent. The Aussies also have a distinct sound, rather ethereal and at the same time heavy-hitting. Indeed, their music is elegant and graceful, but also accessible, intricate, subtle, and melodious. All of these adjectives apply to the band Dead Letter Circus, as well.

Dead Letter Circus are certainly more accessible than most prog bands. They are proggy, but have a certain level of alternative influence that makes them "cool", if you will. These guys, besides being absolutely hilarious and also brilliant at their live shows, have a way of making soaring music that is simultaneously complicated, catchy, and charismatic. Yes, the band usually focuses on shorter song structures, some alternative arrangements, proggy instrumentals and vocals, and an aerial atmosphere. As it were, then, DLC is an excellent band to introduce new people to progressive music, as I feel the elements of their music are easily dissected and easy on the ears.

I am a fan of DLC's debut album, "This is the Warning", for its fantastic vibes, respectable difficulty, and simply outstanding guitar work. However, I think their sophomore album, "The Catalyst Fire", is definitely head-and-shoulders above their debut work. The compositions are more mature, headier, more complex, and even just catchier, too. I was even a little worried, as guitarist Rob Maric left the band, and I had never heard new guitarist Clint Vincent. However, my worry was for not, as the high-tuned guitars are back, and Clint may be an even better player. Indeed, the whole band stepped it up a few notches, as the rather simple melodies of the first album are replaced with complexity, dazzling instrumental acrobatics, and a cohesion that usually takes a band a few more albums to attain. Guitars are riveting, the drums ambitious, the keys atmospheric, and the bass seems to be the hinge upon which major hooks swing.

Vocalist Kim is astounding, as always. I saw DLC live with Fair to Midland a couple years ago, and, having only heard DLC's album a few times, I was simply blown away by his control and power. Yes, I think one of the problems with both albums is that you don't really get any idea of just how good a singer Kim really is. He is an artist, and he is impressive, especially live. His style is alternative, but, as I said, his vocals are also proggy as he never succumbs to the laziness of much mainstream music. He pushes himself and uses odd vocal lines that sound so good alongside the striking music.

From the great introductory "The Cure" and my favorite "Alone Awake" to the oddly catchy "Lodestar" and "I Am", this album fires on all cylinders; or, if you aren't a car person, this album hits all the right spots. I was also particularly impressed with the included acoustic versions of "I Am" and "Lodestar", as they change the arrangements impressively. They also include a single from a couple years ago, "Wake Up", which was a great idea, as this tune is simply surreal.

So, pay more attention to the Australia scene. I can name almost a dozen upcoming progressive Aussie bands that are brilliant. They are unique and varied, and Dead Letter Circus is certainly at the forefront of the scene with their kinetic live shows and hypnotic music. Keep your ears peeled.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1054623) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 05, 2013

4 stars Still Searching I feel my bitterness towards The Catalyst Fire has mostly passed by now, so it's a good time to finally address it. It's strange, I don't think anyone expected this sophomore release to have a hair against This Is the Warning, especially not me, but when it dropped I was still ... (read more)

Report this review (#1134260) | Posted by Gallifrey | Thursday, February 20, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I first encountered the Australian outfit Dead Letter Circus when a friend sent me a copy of This is the Warning, their first album, and I was immediately hooked by their powerful melodic neo-prog/punkish wall of sound. I was very stoked to hear that a new album was coming out in 2013. The Ca ... (read more)

Report this review (#1113400) | Posted by ergaster | Sunday, January 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DEAD LETTER CIRCUS "The Catalyst Fire"