FATE OF A THOUSAND WORLDS

Leonardo Freggi: Guitars

Friday, August 30, 2013
Label: Musea

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition

GRAN TORINO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GRAN TORINO Fate of a Thousand Worlds Music

More places to buy GRAN TORINO music online Buy GRAN TORINO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GRAN TORINO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GRAN TORINO Fate of a Thousand Worlds ratings distribution

GRAN TORINO Fate of a Thousand Worlds reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars 3.5 really

Gran Torino from Verona - Italy really impressed me with their first release from 2011, now is time for their second offer issued not long ago in agust 2013.

Fate of a thousand worlds is the name of the seconf album and is another worthy release in progressive/jazz fusion world. The music this time , is to my ears little more towards fusion then on previous album very similar with Plant X, Derek Sherinian solo albums, LTE, well not bad at all, the musicins playing with an amazing ease, all album is instrumental. Lots of keybords melted with guitar passages, quirky drumming, tight rhythmic section, definetly a winner in my book. A good album that desearves attention, but I do feel that I like little bit more their first one more then Fate, here the passages are more edgy more crunchy, but not bad at all, nice instrumental jazz fusion album with some prog elements thgrown in for a good measure. Excellent art work made by one of the most talented artist around Ed Unitsky responsable for art work from The Flower Kings, The Tangent, Azazello, Anima MUndi, etc.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#1048286) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 30, 2013

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars Gran Torino are an instrumental band hailing from Italy. They have a really interesting, almost psychedelic style, but they are definitely Rush-influenced in their guitar style and tone. Sometimes I have trouble connecting with instrumental albums, but I feel that I did pretty well with this one.

A hard-edged guitar tone combined with an atmospheric, key-driven ambiance is a tough thing to achieve at times, but these guys really seem comfortable in this type of composition. They utilize quite a bit of piano, but it is often a wackier style. In fact, I would venture to say that the piano leads the music while the guitars provide a background texture. The keys are certainly fast-paced, while the guitar is usually slow and soulful when it is in the spotlight.

I think the overall goal of this band on "Fate of a Thousand Worlds" is to transport the listener to another place. I feel that they have achieved that goal, as the sound is ethereal and filled with organs and synth. The tone is also very serious and somber, which has an especially strange effect considered the wackiness of some of the piano. But, it works somehow.

I think the essential tracks on this album are "Empty Soul" (the best), "The Battle of Velasquez", and the epic tracks "End of a Planet" and "Fate of a Thousand Worlds". The album becomes progressively more ethereal and otherworldly, and it closes with a psychedelic, dreamy, synthy journey. Indeed, this album seems to be very good at story-telling in its own way, and I'm very glad I chose to experience it. I can't say it is a modern masterpiece, but I will say that it is exceptionally good and definitely worth any prog fan's time.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1079938) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013

Post a review of GRAN TORINO "Fate of a Thousand Worlds"