GALLERY OF DREAMS (FEATURING STEVE HACKETT)

Gandalf

Gandalf Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) album cover

Buy GANDALF Music
Studio Album, released in 1992

1. Face In The Mirror (4:46)
2. Willoman-Watcher Of The Waters (4:46)
3. Alone Again (1:53)
4. Between Different Worlds (5:54)
5. Another Dream (3:16)
6. Song Of The Unicorn (4:23)
7. Winged Shadows (6:35)
8. Choir Of Elves (2:35)
9. Lady Of The Golden Forest (6:24)
10. Hand In Hand (2:47)
11. Gallery Of Dreams (6:34)
12. Field Of Eternal Harmony (4:19)
13. End Of The Rainbow (2:31)

Search GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) lyrics

Search GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) tabs

- All music performed by Gandalf.

Guest musicians:
- Steve Hackett / electric and classical guitars
- Tracy Hitchings / vocals
- Robert Julian / Horky Flutes
- Andrea Krauk / Oboe

Cd. COL 471064-2

and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

GANDALF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) Music

Gandalf - Sacred River [CD New] US $13.23 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Gandalf Magic Theater German Pressing NM US $6.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Gandalf "Rock Hell" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 57m
GANDALF-Golden Earrings-Very Rare Psychedelic Acid Rock Promo 45-CAPITOL #P 2400 US $179.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Gandalf Murphy & The Slambovian Circus o Night at the Puppet House CD US $12.05 Buy It Now 23h 38m
CD-Gandalf-Deadly Fairytales hard rock psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
@ CD Gandalf - From Source To Sea RARE PROG / CBS RECORDS 1988 ORG US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Gandalf - Invisible Power RARE PROG / CBS RECORDS 1989 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Gandalf - Labyrinth (FILM-SOUNDTRACK) RARE PROG / SEAGULL RECORDS 1990 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes RARE PROG / CBS SONY RECORDS 1991 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GANDALF Gallery of Dreams STEVE HACKETT CD 1993 GENESIS US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Open Your Heart For XMAS SEALED LP Scranton,PA Holland Sound Gandalf John Nasser US $1.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf: Rock Hell CD ECD 2001 Earache Records NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PEOPLE! LP I Love You CAPITOL PSYCH st2924 GANDALF LARRY NPORMAN acid archives US $21.50 [0 bids]
GANDALF - DEADLY FAIRYTALES - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Dreamweaver, Gandalf, Good US $11.25 Buy It Now 2 days
SAM MCCLELLAN MUSIC OF THE FIVE ELEMENTS 1982 CASSETTE GANDALF US $7.07 [1 bids]
Gandalf - Colours Of The Earth [CD New] US $15.75 Buy It Now 2 days
SAM MCCLELLAN / FIVE ELEMENTS VOL II 1982 CASSETTE GANDALF Emerald Web US $7.07 [1 bids]
SAM MCCLELLAN/ FIVE ELEMENTS VOL III 1986 CASSETTE GANDALF US $7.07 [1 bids]
DIVINE DECAY - Songs of the Damned (CD, 2001, Osmose) Thrash Metal, Gandalf US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF GALLERY OF DREAMS 1992 LP PICTURE W/IN MINT- Promo GENESIS Steve Hackett US $49.99 [0 bids]
GANDALF - COLOURS OF THE EARTH NEW CD US $22.31 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF Visions CD Electronic/New Age, Orig. press US $19.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf TO ANTOHER HORIZON LP G WEA VG+/M- US $24.97 [0 bids]
CLIFFORD T WARD no more rock n roll 7" b/w gandalf (6006490) uk philips 1975 US $8.43 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF From Source To Sea CD US $25.35 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF - BARAKAYA: TREES WATER LIFE - NEW CD US $10.61 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF - Earthsong and Stardance - LIKE NEW CD 2011 US $8.94 [0 bids]
GANDALF - LAOTUS LAND NEW CD US $24.23 Buy It Now 3 days
TWILIGHT OPHERA midnight horror ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT OPHERA shadows embrace the dark ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
GANDALF - LIVE IN VIENNA [GANDALF] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Deadly fairytales CD US $10.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Lotus Land [CD New] US $13.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Invisible Power A Symphonic Prayer US $22.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lotus Land by Gandalf (CD, May-2007, Real Music Records) US $11.04 Buy It Now 4 days
Germany GANDALF Tale From A Long Forgotten Kingdom LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF? /? Tale From A Long Forgotten Kingdom ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI US $42.00 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF THE GREY - GREY WIZARD AM I NEW CD US $19.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I [CD New] US $13.81 Buy It Now 5 days
Gandalf:Visions LP m-/m- US $18.00 Buy It Now 5 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 GANDALF Journey To An Imaginary Land WEA58 258 France US $0.99 [0 bids]
GANDALF, ASTERIX-2 TITLE SET-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $79.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf - Colours Of The Earth CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes [CD New] US $35.45 Buy It Now 6 days
GANDALF DEADLY FAIRYTALES CD 10 TRACKS - 1998 EC US $13.52 Buy It Now 6 days
GANDALF Lotus Land CD New & Sealed US $15.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf- Labyrinth CD 1991 Eurock/OOP/Rare US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf - Lotus Land CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I CD US $15.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf Hackett Steve - Gallery Of Dreams Plus Live CD US $37.93 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf - Gates To Secret Realities CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes CD US $35.46 Buy It Now 7 days
CDs GANDALF MURPHY SLAMBOVIAN CIRCUS OF DREAMS LIVE AT THE TOWNE CRIER CAFE 2000 US $40.00 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF / STEVE HACKETT - GALLERY OF DREAMS PLUS LIVE NEW CD US $48.30 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF Golden Earrings + Never Too Far 45 US 1969 orig Capitol P 2400 US $124.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf / Deadly Fairytales JAPAN Carcass PROMO!!!!! E US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf CD Lotus Land New Age Tampura Relaxation Meditation Yoga Massage US $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER NEW CD US $24.23 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - GATES TO SECRET REALITIES - NEW CD US $12.29 Buy It Now 10 days
Gandalf CD The Stones Of Wisdom rare OOP US $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf - Dreamweaver CD US $19.04 Buy It Now 11 days
GANDALF - GATES TO SECRET REALITIES NEW CD US $22.31 Buy It Now 11 days
Sacred River by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2006, Real Music Records) US $11.00 Buy It Now 12 days
The Game - Julie Garage Psych Alan Gordon Gandalf Barracuda US $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Between Earth and Sky, Gandalf, Very Good US $12.76 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 GANDALF Journey To An Imaginary Land WEA58 258 France US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF Rock Hell CD Finnish Death Metal Rock Sentenced Throne of Chaos US $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Gandalf & Friends - Live In Vienna [CD New] US $15.87 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf : Rock Hell CD (2001) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf - Samsara [CD New] US $13.22 Buy It Now 14 days
Samsara by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2006, Prude) US $10.29 Buy It Now 14 days
Colours of the Earth by Gandalf (CD, Jun-2003, BSC Music) US $12.85 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF - s/t 1st Album (1968 Original Vinyl LP) dreamy psych SHRINK! US $499.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Barakaya: Trees Water Life by Gandalf (CD, Feb-2001, BSC Music) US $10.62 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF - SAMSARA NEW CD US $22.31 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF/STEVE HACKET - GALLERY OF DREAMS: PLUS LIVE! - NEW CD BOXSET US $32.59 Buy It Now 14 days
Earthsong and Stardance - Gandalf New & Sealed CD US $21.15 Buy It Now 15 days
Gandalf Gallery Of Dreams LP 1992 FREE SHIPPING US $35.00 Buy It Now 15 days
GANDALF - SANCTUARY * [GANDALF] - NEW CD US $10.37 Buy It Now 15 days
Gallery of Dreams: Plus Live! by Gandalf/Steve Hackett (Feb-2008, BSC Music) US $32.65 Buy It Now 15 days
Earthsong & Stardance, Gandalf, Excellent US $10.59 Buy It Now 15 days
GANDALF THE GREY - THE GREY WIZARD AM I (RARE U.K. RE.) US $79.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Gandalf by Gandalf (CD, Jun-2002, Sundazed) US $49.99 Buy It Now 15 days
FIRST STRING OFFENSE: Gandalf ++ 1980 TN Hard Rock/Metal/Punk Comp LP SEALED US $60.00 Buy It Now 16 days
World of Wind Music - Gandalf US $9.00 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF - Visions 2001 / 20 Years 2 CD - Tolkien - Lord Of The Rings US $39.99 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF - SACRED RIVER - NEW CD US $10.97 Buy It Now 16 days
Dreamweaver CD Gandalf MINT New Age Massage SLEEP AID Reiki Meditation US $13.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Gandalf - Samsara CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.29 Buy It Now 17 days
GANDALF - EARTHSONG AND STARDANCE - NEW CD US $11.64 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy GANDALF music online Buy GANDALF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) ratings distribution

GANDALF Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett) reviews

Review by loserboy
4 stars Full of epic grandeur and romanticism, GANDALF's "Gallery Of Dreams" is a masterpiece. From the first few bars of music, you will be moved in ways that can only be described by simply listening. What clearly makes this a special album is the joint collaboration with Steve HACKETT. "Gallery of Dreams" contains lots of "HACKETT'isms" and works unbelievably well with the symphonic touches that typifies GANDALF's work. With accents of flutes, woodwinds and wind chimes, GANDALF creates a very medieval/Renaissance era'ish atmospheres and emotions. This album has been on my desert island list for some time now. Although almost entirely instrumental, a young Tracy Hitchings also is featured on the title track which tastefully accents the album.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#26421) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars A peaceful music .

The music offered by this album is to me more on classical music with progressive touch, rather than progressive rock per se. All tracks contained herein are mellow in style, using long sustain keyboard work, piano as main rhythm section while guitar (acoustic and electric) serves as lead melodies. If your mood is into this kind of music, I am very sure that you would enjoy this album in its entirety. The music flows nicely right from the beginning of the track to the end, presents you a stream of notes and chords in slow tempo that gives you ( I can imagine!) a peace of mind. This is best listened to after 10:00 PM to get full comprehension of the music subtleties, play it loud with a dim of light (better to turn the light off!). You would then find a joy of peaceful music that accompanies you explore your mind, capitalize your brain power. In a nutshell, what I am telling you is that this music is suitable for meditating your life either in retrospective of digging the lessons of the past days and crafting better future for your life. Oh.. what am I saying here? Why am I connecting the music with "crafting" your life? Is it my business to give a word or two about your life? Of course not! - you might say so! But . you might miss my point that actually I am sharing what I experienced with listening to this beautiful stream of music this album offers. And this is not about something about life philosophy. Rather, it's confirming my belief, my proposition, my opinion that ."music is emotion". That is to say, the music this album offers has helped me uplift my emotion, increase my motivation towards life. And I am not offering joke here, this is true, my friends.! I have never treated music as a "commodity". Rather it's a contemplating vehicle to help me move forward with ever increasing life challenges and obstacles. With music, especially prog rock, I can move forward bravely, confidently. That's why I treat music so special. What about you, my friends? How do you treat music?

Let's back to business! This album opens the music beautifully with "Face In The Mirror" in ambient nuance through the sound of keyboard / guitar with classical style, stunning howling guitar work by Steve Hackett. You might associate this kind of music with Kitaro even though it's not totally similar, especially the excellent guitar work by Hackett. It's so compelling and peaceful. When I rode my bicycle for going to work last week while playing this album at my MP3 player, I truly found joy with the music amidst crowded traffic. It helped me wipe out all the uncomfortable feeling with traffic jam and strengthened my motivation. The continuing track "Willoman-Watcher Of The Waters" (4:46) opens peacefully with nice piano work with great string section at background using long sustain keyboard sound. Piano is the main thing with this track while acoustic guitar provides a rhythm section and fills. The music moves gradually into uplifting parts especially when the piano solo is combined with stunning electric guitar work by Hackett. It's really cool ..

The short track "Alone Again" (1:53) which contains catchy piano notes serves as bridge to next track. I am impressed with the power of melody this short track has through the sounds of piano coupled with excellent acoustic guitar work. This is a short track that kills! Do you remember "Hairless Heart" by Genesis? How do you feel when you listen to this short track comprising mostly keyboard work by Tony Banks? If you feel good and consider the melody is catchy, I bet you like this "Alone Again". "Between Different Worlds" (5:54) showcases how Hackett's guitar exploration and string section opens this track wonderfully. While in "Another Dream" (3:16) you would find nice oboe work by Andrea Krauk which brings the music in peaceful way. It somewhat reminds me to the nuance of King Crimson "Three of a Perfect Pair" album. Yeah, I do remember how Robert Fripp played his guitar that sounds like a keyboard; it's like Alan Holdsworth's synthaxe.

"Song Of The Unicorn" (4:23) starts with catchy piano work in ambient nuance followed by stunning acoustic guitar work by Steve Hackett. Oh man .. you must listen this album because until track 6 I have not found something which does not sound nice to me and I assure you that the rest of the tracks are all excellent because I have listened to this album (in its entirety) more than 5 times. And I do not want to review at track b track level, I just want you to trust my words that all tracks are good especially if you have passion in classical music. But I just want to add another track that worth mentioning, i.e. the album title track "Gallery of Dreams". It's because of due to the fact that this track has vocal line by Tracy Hitchings whereby the music provides similar nuance with Steve Hackett "Voyage To The Acolyte" album especially the parts with female voice.

Overall, this is for sure an excellent addition to any prog music collection. This album serves very well to those of you who love (or who can appreciate) classical music. But it might work fine with those of you who can appreciate the light side of progressive music. This album is highly recommended.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#165747) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 05, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Steve Hackett goes Mike Oldfield by Gandalf's magic power

It is fair to say that had it not been for the presence of one of my all time favourite guitar heroes--Mr. Steve Hackett--on this album, it is unlikely that I ever would have come into contact with Gandalf, an Austrian New-Age composer and multi-instrumentalist that has been releasing albums since 1980. Gallery Of Dreams was also the first Gandalf album I heard and for a long time the only one. After having heard some other Gandalf albums as well, I have gone back and updated this review, but my rating of two stars still stands.

Hackett adds both some of his very distinctive electric guitar sounds and some tasteful Classical guitar playing, but the music is mostly dominated by soothing, keyboard-generated soundscapes with some occasional piano and some more exotic instruments. The album is almost wholly instrumental, but Tracy Hitchings (Quasar, Landmarq, Strangers On A Train) does add vocals to the title track. Hitchings would a couple of years later record another album with Gandalf called To Our Children's Children. In my opinion, To Our Children's Children is a better showcase of Hitchings and Gandalfs combined powers. Even though I absolutely love Hitchings voice, her presence on only a single track on this otherwise wholly instrumental album is a bit out of place.

The value in this music lies, for me, not surprisingly, mostly in Hackett's guitars; particularly, when he is allowed to shine on his electric guitar. When he is allowed to contribute some nice acoustic playing, the mood is not that dissimilar to Hackett's Classical albums, but Gandalf's music is not really Classical. Needless to say, there are much better places to look if you want to witness Hackett's amazing guitar talents. Those looking for anything similar to Hackett's Rock albums or anything musically related to Genesis, are obviously looking in the wrong place here. But for those who enjoy relaxing, New-Age type music, Gallery Of Dreams is probably a nice addition. The music of Mike Oldfield is probably a very good reference point, but we are not talking about Tubular Bells here, but rather some of Oldfield's more recent and more New-Age oriented albums. This is overall a very relaxing and much understated type of music and it is very hard, not to say impossible, to relate this in any way to progressive Rock.

Recently (May 2014) I have heard and reviewed two live albums that were recorded on tour in support of Gallery Of Dreams. Recorded in the early 90's, these live albums feature Gandalf and his band with Hackett guesting and these live albums impressed me much more than did this studio album. Comparing the live versions with the studio versions, the live versions win hands down. (Also, a three disc set is available which holds the Gallery Of Dreams studio album plus the two live albums).

This is recommended to fans of Gandalf and to major fans of everything Hackett, though the aforementioned live albums is the better place to start!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#267618) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 23, 2010

4 stars well I must admit that the only reason I buy this cd is that its include Steve Hackett ,Mr. Hackett is one of my favorite guitarist and any album that Mr. Hackett is play in I should get so finally I find it ,it was quit expensive but it worth the price ,it is a beautiful piece of music ,I didn't ... (read more)

Report this review (#230222) | Posted by amir | Thursday, August 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Gone are the days,when Gandalf (multi musician from Austria)played everything himself. Well almost...he does play an incredible lot of instruments..on this outing also. But here, he is joined by the ever magical fingers of mr.Hackett. Yes, Steve hackett turns out quite a few eminent moments on th ... (read more)

Report this review (#26423) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars nice wallpaper music... not high tech wallpaper music like Massive Attack do just plain decontracting music, nothing agressive and... nothing new too ! the good thing about this GANDALF album is the precesence of STEVE HACKETT and, honestly, it's the only reason why i don't put this album in the KEN ... (read more)

Report this review (#26422) | Posted by | Tuesday, March 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GANDALF "Gallery Of Dreams (featuring Steve Hackett)"