TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

Gandalf

Gandalf To Our Children's Children album cover

Buy GANDALF Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. What Are We Bound For (7:14)
2. Creatures Of God (3:50)
3. To Our Children's Children (6:22)
4. The Machine (10:43)
5. World On The Scales (4:22)
6. There's A Fire (10:39)
7. The Call Of Nature (5:31)
8. Aquarius (vocal Version)(5:23)
9. Evening Glow (5:59)

Search GANDALF To Our Children's Children lyrics

Search GANDALF To Our Children's Children tabs

- Gandalf / guitars, Mellotron, keyboards, percussion and some more
- Tracy Hitchings / vocals
- Erich Buchebner / bass
- Peter Rosmanith / percussion

CD SI-Music SIMPly 66 / SI 3066-2 (SEAGULL MUSIC 041266-2)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

GANDALF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GANDALF To Our Children's Children Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Lotus LandLotus Land
Real Music 2007
Sacred RiverSacred River
Real Music 2006
DreamweaverDreamweaver
Real Music 2013
Earthsong & StardanceEarthsong & Stardance
Real Music 2011
Eligh CD INSTRUMENTALS Gandalf's Beat Machine 2000 G&E Living Legends The Grouch US $9.59 [0 bids]
Eligh ENIGMA CD 2005 G&E Living Legends The Grouch Murs Scarub Magi Crow Gandalf US $6.09 [2 bids]
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I FOLK PSYCH RE LP US $49.75 Buy It Now 9h 26m
GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Rock Hell by Gandalf (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 43m
GANDALF? /? Tale From A Long Forgotten Kingdom ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI US $42.00 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Gandalf - Samsara CD Pop New Age Meditation US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf & Friends - Live In Vienna CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GANDALF - EARTHSONG AND STARDANCE - NEW CD US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Flapjacks from the Sky -Gandalf Murphy & Slambovian Circus of Dreams (2 CD Set) US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LULLACRY - Vol. 4 CD Gothic Metal from Finland! Gandalf, Gloomy Grim, NEW US $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Gandalf the Grey-The Grey Wizard Am I US psych cd US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tin Angel - Gandalf The Grey (2005, CD New) US $14.16 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF THE GREY - TIN ANGLE NEW CD US $17.79 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF Self Titled CAPITOL LP MEGA RARE ORIGINAL US PSYCH US $81.99 [14 bids]
Gandalf "Colors Of A new Dawn" (Real Music) Ambient, Electronic. Brand New CD.. US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
@ CD Gandalf - Rock Hell / WICKED WORLD 2001 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CLIFFORD T WARD No More Rock N Roll 7" B/w Gandalf UK Philips 1975 US $8.23 Buy It Now 2 days
RaRe GANDALF MURPHY & The SLAMBOVIAN CIRCUS OF DREAMS - 2 CD SET US $21.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Gandalf The Grey - Tin Angel [CD New] US $13.48 Buy It Now 2 days
GANDALF - ECHOES FROM ANCIENT DREAMS NEW CD US $20.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf - Sacred River [CD New] US $15.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Gandalf - Sanctuary (CD New) US $16.08 Buy It Now 3 days
GANDALF - SANCTUARY NEW CD US $22.40 Buy It Now 3 days
TWILIGHT OPHERA shadows embrace the dark ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT OPHERA midnight horror ORIG CD gandalf crimfall silentium US $9.99 [0 bids]
GANDALF Sanctuary CD (Anthony Phillips, Jon Mark, Richard Searles, Mike Rowland) US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE LORD OF THE RINGS OST double LP picture disc MINT SEALED Gandalf Frodo US $27.99 [0 bids]
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD US $6.00 [0 bids]
Gandalf The Grey - Tin Angel CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 4 days
GANDALF & STEVE HACKETT Gallery of dreams SEALED KOREA LP SS no cd GENESIS prog US $149.16 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Sanctuary [CD New] US $15.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Gates to secret realities - 11 track cd 1996 new US $26.68 Buy It Now 4 days
Labyrinth CD Gandalf MINT New Age Psychedelic Film Soundtrack RARE US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Gandalf - Earthsong & Stardance CD US $20.39 Buy It Now 5 days
GANDALF ~'Rock Hell'~RARE PROMO ONLY CD 2001~ THRASH METAL~NEW US $7.84 Buy It Now 5 days
Labyrinth - 1990 Gandalf - Austria Film Soundtrack CD US $43.06 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf : Colours of the Earth CD US $5.43 Buy It Now 6 days
GANDALF THE GREY The Tin Angel CD NEW SEALED 1968 PSYCH DEMOS US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Gandalf Murphy & Slambovian C...- Flapjacks... Pic Disc US $15.85 Buy It Now 6 days
GANDALF: Magic Theatre LP (Germany) Rock & Pop US $18.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf "Deadly Fairytales" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" CD - NEW! US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Between Earth & Sky, Gandalf, Good US $6.15 Buy It Now 7 days
GANDALF-Golden Earrings-Very Rare Psychedelic Acid Rock Promo 45-CAPITOL #P 2400 US $179.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Gandalf - Sacred River CD US $19.89 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf - Sanctuary CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 8 days
Earthsong & Stardance - Gandalf (2011, CD New) US $16.35 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf - Earthsong & Stardance [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF - SAMSARA [GANDALF] - NEW CD US $13.14 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF Gallery of Dreams STEVE HACKETT CD 1993 GENESIS US $32.99 Buy It Now 8 days
GANDALF - EARTHSONG & STARDANCE NEW CD US $22.40 Buy It Now 8 days
Gandalf: Rock Hell CD ECD 2001 Earache Records NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF THE GREY - THE GREY WIZARD AM I - NEW CD US $10.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf "Rock Hell" (CD, Mar-2001, Wicked World (USA)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
@ CD Gandalf - Symphonic Landscapes PROG SYMFO / SONY MUSIC 1990 US $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - DEADLY FAIRYTALES - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf : Magic Theatre CD (1900) US $8.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Gandalf II (Gandalf 2) (NEW) (Sundazed) - Gandalf - Audio CD US $49.88 Buy It Now 9 days
LULLACRY Be My God +1 JAPAN CD OBI KICP-841 Soulgrind Black League Gandalf US $7.49 [0 bids]
DIVINE DECAY - Songs of the Damned (CD, 2001, Osmose) Thrash Metal, Gandalf US $3.89 Buy It Now 9 days
~ GANDALF - DREAMWEAVER ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
CLIFFORD T WARD NO MORE ROCK N ROLL / GANDALF UK PHILIPS 70s POP US $7.84 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF Rock Hell ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE!!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GANDALF - SACRED RIVER - NEW CD US $12.54 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF From Source To Sea CD US $21.20 Buy It Now 10 days
GANDALF - LIVE IN VIENNA [GANDALF] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf - Deadly fairytales CD US $9.41 Buy It Now 11 days
Gandalf - Invisible Power A Symphonic Prayer US $20.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Live In Vienna - 2 DISC SET - Gandalf & Friends (2008, CD New) US $16.66 Buy It Now 11 days
From Source To Sea - Gandalf (2013, CD New) US $18.30 Buy It Now 11 days
Echoes From Ancient Dreams - Gandalf (2008, CD New) US $15.70 Buy It Now 11 days
Germany GANDALF Tale From A Long Forgotten Kingdom LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Two sealed solo CD 's by Peter Sando ( psych Gandalf LP CD artist) US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
GANDALF THE GREY - GREY WIZARD AM I NEW CD US $17.79 Buy It Now 12 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I [CD New] US $13.27 Buy It Now 12 days
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Original Soundtrack (CD 2002) GANDALF CARD US $3.97 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF DEADLY FAIRYTALES CD 10 TRACKS - 1998 EC US $12.56 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF Lotus Land CD New & Sealed US $13.97 Buy It Now 13 days
GANDALF SELF TITLED LP *RARE* USA CAPITOL RECORDS LIMITED EDITION PRESS SEALED US $39.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Gandalf The Grey - Grey Wizard Am I CD US $16.39 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf Hackett Steve - Gallery Of Dreams Plus Live CD US $35.79 Buy It Now 14 days
Gandalf - LABRYINTH FILM SOUNDTRACK cd US $7.50 Buy It Now 14 days
GANDALF Golden Earrings + Never Too Far 45 US 1969 orig Capitol P 2400 US $95.00 Buy It Now 15 days
GANDALF - LABYRINTH - Film Soundtrack - CASSETTE Tape Sealed NOS - Prog Rare US $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Tribes Hill JENNY BRUCE Gandalf Murphy INA MAY WOOL Terence Martin MARC VON EM US $5.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Gandalf S/T NM Record Capitol ST 121 Black Colorband Label 2000's Repressing US $99.90 Buy It Now 15 days
GANDALF - ROCK HELL - NEW CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 16 days
Dreamweaver - Gandalf (2013, CD New) US $16.42 Buy It Now 16 days
GANDALF THE GREY The Grey Wizard Am I PRIVATE REISSUE MADE BY ARTIST FOLK PSYCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Gandalf CD Lotus Land New Age Tampura Relaxation Meditation Yoga Massage US $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Into The Light - Gandalf (2001, CD New) US $15.78 Buy It Now 16 days
Lotus Land - Gandalf (2007, CD New) US $16.79 Buy It Now 17 days
Peace of Mind 1 - Calling Wisdom CD MT New Age Kevin Kern GANDALF Karunesh Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy GANDALF music online Buy GANDALF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GANDALF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GANDALF To Our Children's Children ratings distribution

GANDALF To Our Children's Children reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars The call of nature

My introduction to Gandalf was 1992's Gallery Of Dreams album on which he collaborated with one of my great heroes in Steve Hackett of Genesis fame. On this follow-up album, Gandalf collaborates with the queen of Neo-Prog, Tracy Hitchings, known from (among other bands) Quasar, Landmarq, and Strangers On A Train. Hitchings, who also sang on one song on Gallery Of Dreams, provides vocals throughout on this vocally dominated album. I absolutely love Tracy's powerful and distinctive voice and it brings great value to Gandalf's music and makes To Our Children's Children a very nice listen for me (even if the lyrics are often clichéd and full of environmentalist myths).

Soundwise, the closest comparison would probably be with Strangers On A Train where Tracy worked with Clive Nolan and Karl Groom. As such, this is a bit softer than most of the other projects that she worked on (Quasar, Landmarq, etc.). Still, people who appreciate Hitchings voice and enjoyed her participation in various (mostly Neo-Prog) bands should definitely check out To Our Children's Children.

We have here sweeping, symphonic soundscapes with piano and acoustic guitars and occasional electric guitars and some percussions. There are no proper drums as such and the tempos are usually slow. You might perhaps call this "progressive Soft Rock" with a pleasant New-Age feel. But even though softer than I would normally appreciate, Tracy's magnificent voice commands my attention and drives the well-structured compositions along.

This is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1175271) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 15, 2014

2 stars It is really a suprise for me how can this album be so overrated... After "The Shining" this is the second album of Gandalf that features vocals in almost entirely. Well, what can I say... this album simply looks to be the worst moment in the career of this fine Austrian multi-instrumentalist. Don't ... (read more)

Report this review (#113756) | Posted by eMTee | Tuesday, February 27, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars a nice piece of music.really good vocals.pretty serious lyrics about how we destroy ourselfs and mother nature.with such serious topics you will think this album will make you sad,but it does not.it brings you up.gives you power.buy... ... (read more)

Report this review (#37225) | Posted by brynjulf | Wednesday, June 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars A fantastic piece of work, with heartfelt emotional vocals from Tracy Hitchings. This set is full of melody and meaning. Some really nice orchestral anthems knocking around on this album - the title track is excellent. The album has an 80s-ish feel about it, but is basically timeless . . not quit ... (read more)

Report this review (#26425) | Posted by | Saturday, December 27, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GANDALF "To Our Children's Children"