SILVER TONGUE

Experimental/Post Metal

Light Bearer Silver Tongue album cover

Buy LIGHT BEARER Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Beautiful Is This Burden (18:15)
2. Amalgam (11:10)
3. Matriarch (11:08)
4. Clarus (02:36)
5. Aggressor & Usurper (16:49)
6. Silver Tongue (19:40)

- Lee / Soundscapes, vocals
- Joseph / Drums
- Alex / Vocals, art, narrative

Released 08 February 2013

Thanks to JLAbad for the addition

LIGHT BEARER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LIGHT BEARER Silver Tongue Music

Silver TongueSilver Tongue
Moment Of Collapse Records ( Broken Silence) 2013
LapsusLapsus
Moment Of Collapse Records (Broken Silence) 2013
Vinyl$36.56

More places to buy LIGHT BEARER music online Buy LIGHT BEARER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LIGHT BEARER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LIGHT BEARER Silver Tongue ratings distribution

LIGHT BEARER Silver Tongue reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
2 stars Well, I like post metal as much as the next guy, but Light Bearer plays a type of post metal that I can't connect with at all. I had high hopes for this album in the first few minutes of the album, as the intro is a beautiful orchestral melody. My nerves were elated by this, and I was at astute attention. Then: chaos.

Yes, chaos ensued. The guitars charged in only to become that cliche sort of "white noise" that this genre so loves. The vocalist (if you can call him that) started screaming illegible nonsense with almost a punk hint to his voice. The album focuses on these horrible harsh vocals, which is a real shame, as the clean vocals are quite nice when they show up randomly. This is one of the reasons that "Matriarch" is probably the best track here, as we get more beautiful singing, an excellent progression, and a nice ambiance. The rest of the album? You won't be able to wait til it's over and done.

This band, to my ears, sounds almost exactly like Ne Obliviscaris. I'm not a huge fan of that extreme metal band either, but at least they have amazing violins, a dichotomy between light and dark, folksiness, and their own approach. Light Bearer seems like a cheap copycat that employs more slow portions, and doesn't do anything nearly as well.

You know, I have nothing against post metal at all. I like the idea of having moody, texture driven pieces that tend to be very dark. But, Light Bearer does NOTHING to separate themselves from the pack. They fall into the same ruts that plague this subgenre, and their music ends up being "boring" (a word I hate to use ever). If that is your thing, though, be my guest.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1022450) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013

Post a review of LIGHT BEARER "Silver Tongue"