LES NOUVEAUX MONDES

Nemo Les Nouveaux Mondes album cover

Buy NEMO Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Abysses (9:04)
2. Dr Fergusson et les Caprices du Vent vol.1 : au dessus des toits (6:19)
3. Danse du Diable (2:58)
4. Tempête (7:11)
5. Dans la Lune Encore (6:07)
6. Dr Fergusson et les Caprices du Vent vol.2 : au dessus des pyramides (5:46)
7. Philéas (20:12)

- Guillaume Fontaine / keyboards, vocals, acoustic guitar
- Jean Pierre Louveton / electric guitar, vocals

CD Self production (2002) France
Remaster-CD Quadrifonic Quad-15-07 (2007) France

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

NEMO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEMO Les Nouveaux Mondes Music

Les Nouveaux MondesLes Nouveaux Mondes
Quadrifonic

More places to buy NEMO music online Buy NEMO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEMO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEMO Les Nouveaux Mondes ratings distribution

NEMO Les Nouveaux Mondes reviews

Review by el böthy
2 stars I guess Nemo is just not for everyone. Many times have I tried to "get" into their music, and although I fully get it... I can´t seem to really like it. The musicianship is great and they are very prog... so what´s the problem? They just leave me cold, I feel like there is no... no, that´s the point, I feel nothing. I can´t seem to get anything out of them, there is no substance here. The prodcution doesn´t help either, it seems like there is no real mixing, every instrument seems to be so far apart from the rest it doesn´t feel like one thing. But it´s self produced, so I guess I can cut them some slag.

Musically speaking Nemo doesn´t introduce anything new, but they do seem to have some fresh ideas... too fresh if you ask me, still too green. But obviously this is not the general consent, as Nemo must be one of the highest ranked bands in the archives (even though they do lack of more reviews). Maybe future material might be better, could be, and I will probably try another album, but I don´t get my hopes up. Defenitly not retro prog, this is a very modern band... but it´s no where near the caliber of other modern bands.

Send comments to el böthy (BETA) | Report this review (#141385) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 01, 2007

Review by poslednijat_colobar
3 stars Nemo's debut is in front of me. This is Les Nouveaux Mondes and they are trying to establish their own style from the first album with some Dream Theater motifs, built in the songs. I would like to notice, that the potential is evident here, but it's not enough developed on the debut album. I thnk this is the least progressive album made by Nemo and the weakest one (if we can call it weak: I think we cannot). It is quite naive; I mean all the ideas are naives and simple, close to popular music in some moments. No problem with this album for all people who like the genre of Nemo and Nemo itself. Some other might have a problem, but little, not big one!

Send comments to poslednijat_colobar (BETA) | Report this review (#204438) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars Les Nouveaux Mondes was the first album from Nemo, but the last one added to my collection. Released in 2002 it shows the band were already highly accomplished musicians at this early stage as well as having a firm grasp of song writing, although they would improve on this over subsequent albums.

Musically Nemo tread the ground at the heavier end of the prog spectrum, their trump card being the excellent guitar work of Jean Pierre Louveton who's powerful riffs and fiery lead runs are an essential element of their sound. As a bonus he's a dynamic player and able to use subtle restraint where necessary. Of equal importance Keyboardist Guillaume Fontaine is certainly not in the retro area of ivory ticklers, modern synths his preferred instruments more often than not. The less dense nature of these provides a more contempory and less imposing sound which is not necessarily a good thing for prog lovers but his playing is always top notch. The fine rhythm section of Pascal Bertrand (drums) and Benoît Gaignon (bass) play with flair and dexterity, Bertrand's drum sound being particularly pleasing, favouring a highly tuned snare sound a la Bill Bruford. Incidentally a stumbling block for some may be that all the vocals are sung in their native French but don't let that put you off as Louverton whilst not likely to trouble the lists of worlds greatest singers is more than adequate. In fact like much of the RPI genre the use of their native language adds to the appeal after a few listens.

The complex compositions constantly shift through many time/tempo changes which can occasionally be their downfall as sometimes parts come and go a bit too quickly, leaving some less than memorable. In the main however, it's rarely less than interesting and often compelling with some exciting and lively instrumental workouts perfectly demonstrated in the twenty minute four part Phileas which closes the album.

Those looking for some heavier prog with a modern edge are recommended to check out Nemo but as fine a debut as Les Nouveaux Mondes is I wouldn't make it your first port of call. Instead a great starting point would be 2004's Prelude A La Ruine or the equally excellent most recent release Barbares. 3 ½ stars.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#263144) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010

5 stars Of course, I would not pretend these "nouveaux mondes" reach the same heights as the following works of this impressive group. But I still remember the big shock that this album provoked in me the first time I heard it, in a library of Paris near les Halles. I was with a norwegian friend and The ... (read more)

Report this review (#274551) | Posted by Kjarks | Saturday, March 27, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After seeing great reviews of this band here and elsewhere, I got the feeling that they were a band I was really going to love. Since most reviews said that essentially, each album was better than the last, it seemed to me the best place to start was at the beginning. If I liked this album, I w ... (read more)

Report this review (#216591) | Posted by infandous | Tuesday, May 19, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This, Nemo's first album, shows an enormous amount of potential, although it does not display the same degree of assurance that the later albums were to have. What is perhaps most impressive about Les Nouveaux Mondes is how band shows an ability to convincingly treat their musical subjuect with a nu ... (read more)

Report this review (#193804) | Posted by La fraisne | Monday, December 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars 4.5 stars really! After seeing great reviews of this band here and elsewhere, I got the feeling that they were a band I was really going to love. Since most reviews said that essentially, each album was better than the last, it seemed to me the best place to start was at the beginning. If ... (read more)

Report this review (#88852) | Posted by | Sunday, September 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars NEMO - Les Nouveaux Mondes - review #001 by rakam This is the first album from french prog-rock sensation NEMO, and already a classic album. All the musicians are first rate players and the songs are stunningly good. The group benefit from a long experience since they have been touring and rec ... (read more)

Report this review (#61904) | Posted by rakam | Tuesday, December 27, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars When I heard this french Prog-Rock record the first time (their name is inspired by the books of "Jules Verne"), it throws me out of my chair - from enthusiasm ! I hear rocky and agressive electric guitar and rock rhythm like the old "Deep Purple", "Rainbow" or sometimes "Dream Theatre" with wonde ... (read more)

Report this review (#26533) | Posted by wolfram.e | Sunday, March 14, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEMO "Les Nouveaux Mondes"