ARMENIA

Life Line Project Armenia album cover

Buy LIFE LINE PROJECT Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. New Flight (4:26)
2. Let Your Outside Show Me (5:21)
3. Another Deadline (5:59)
4. Time (5:49)
5. On Your Mind (5:51)
6. Moment (2:35)
7. Dans Le Ciel (7:42)
8. Injustice (2:46)
9. Armenia Suite Part 1 Ararat (The Origin) (6:12)
10. Armenia Suite Part 2 Deir Ez Zor (The March) (8:42)
11. Part 3 Exile (Hope) (3:04)
12. Part 4 Jerevan (Resurrection) (3:37)

Search LIFE LINE PROJECT Armenia lyrics

Search LIFE LINE PROJECT Armenia tabs

- Erik de Beer / Acoustic & Electric Piano's, Moogs, Hammond Organ, Synthesizers, Harpsichord, All Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Mandolin, Lutes, Baroque Guitar, Chitarrone & Harmony Vocals
- Elsa de Beer / Flute & Harmony Vocals
- Marion Brinkman-Stroetinga / Lead Vocals / Harmony Vocals / Percussion
- Dineke Visser / Oboe
- Anneke Verhage / Clarinet
- Ludo de Murlanos / Drums & Percussion

LLR CD 21 075
Release date: September 9, 2013

Thanks to Ivan Melgar M for the updates and mbzr48 for the addition

LIFE LINE PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LIFE LINE PROJECT Armenia Music

Time OutTime Out
ModinhaModinha
Beyond TimeBeyond Time
Self-Produced

More places to buy LIFE LINE PROJECT music online Buy LIFE LINE PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LIFE LINE PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LIFE LINE PROJECT Armenia ratings distribution

LIFE LINE PROJECT Armenia reviews

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
5 stars A tribute to the forgotten victims of an horrendous genocide

After a year, keyboard wizard Erik de Beer and his band release a new album, this time dedicated to the valiant people of Armenia who suffered one of the most criminal massacres in hands of the Ottoman government of the Young Turks. This holocaust also called Medz Yeghern (Great Crime) ended with the deportation and death of an undetermined number of Armenian civilians calculated between 1.5 and 2 million. But to make it worst and due to the continuous denial of Turkey only 20 nations and 42 USA states have accepted to consider this massacre as a genocide, so this album is a tribute for victims that have been forgotten for almost a century.

But we are here to talk of music, so after this short introduction, let's return to the album.

Armenia is opened by the vibrant New Flight, a song that reminds me of ELP due to the fantastic keyboard pyrotechnics of Erik, but this time well supported by the strong vocals of Marion Brinkman who adds a jazzy touch. A breathtaking start for a great album.

Let Your Outside Show Me marks a dramatic contrast, this time the use of piano and acoustic guitar combined with a beautiful melody serve as a relax for the audience after the frenetic opener. The band is impeccable, but again I have to focus in Marion Brinkman, who demonstrates her versatility adding a sweet touch to enhance the music.

Another Deadline starts as pure rock with a brilliant Ludo de Murlanos in the percussion, but as the song progresses, the radical changes begin and Erik takes a more preeminent role with the keys. After this, you can expect anything with pompous and brilliant Moog passages interrupted by soft melodic sections.

I could go song by song, but would take hours, because I don't find a weak moment, so I will pass directly to the 'Piece of Resistance''The Armenia Suite, not without mentioning the incredibly beautiful Moment where the combination of acoustic guitars and keys, makes it memorable.

The suite is divided in four parts:

1.- Ararat (The Origin), a melodic and almost acoustic intro where the piano takes the lead, until Erik goes to his keyboards to add a nostalgic atmosphere blended with some sort of military march and an Emersonian fugue. Places the listener in the mood for the rest of the suite

2.- - Deir Ez Zor (The March) is so soft and sentimental that almost breaks my heart, but of course some strong dramatic moments reminds us of the terrible massacre. This time Marion Brinkman returns to her uncommon style that always puzzles me.

3.- Exile (Hope) continues in the vein of the previous, allowing the piano and vocals to replace the synths , again dramatic and heartbreaking.

4.- The album is closed by Jerevan (Resurrection), theperfect finale for an excellent album, everything a Proghead wants to listen is here.

I must admit that I'm a fan of the band, so it's hard to rate the album without looking as a fanboy, but honestly I believe this is the best LIFE LINE PROJECT release, or at least in the level of Distorted Memories, which I considered a 5 stars work, so I will have to go with the same rating.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#1031321) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013

4 stars Another very nice album by the Dutch Life Line Project. With this sort of lesser known bands, everyone is immediately trying to make comparisons with other bands, but I think this is a band with an agreable and recognizable own sound. Gentle and warm sounding symphonic rock, full of beautiful ... (read more)

Report this review (#1105778) | Posted by Sawtooth (Jaws) | Friday, January 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of my 2013 favourite albums! Beautiful and perfectly played melodic symphonic prog by the Dutch Life Line Project. Songs like "Let Your Outside Show Me" and "Time" have all that personal & warm touch that are so typical for the LLP sound. The voice of Marion Brinkman blends perfectly with t ... (read more)

Report this review (#1103064) | Posted by Izabelle | Monday, December 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Real drums! No triggered samples, no electronic sounds, that's one of the first things that catches the ear when listening to Life Line Project's Ninth. It put me right back to the time of the great Keith Moon (my all time favourite drummer) and his almost uncontrolled but brilliant drumming. I ... (read more)

Report this review (#1055535) | Posted by Whistler | Monday, October 07, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Touching and moving album by Life Line Project The massacre of over a million Armenians during World War One is the main subject of the new album by the Dutch Life Line Project. Still officially denied by the larger part of the world, Life Line Project wish to denounce this terrible and shamefu ... (read more)

Report this review (#1052490) | Posted by oscillator11(J.M.) | Friday, October 04, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LIFE LINE PROJECT "Armenia"