UNSUNG HEROES

Good, but non-essential

Buy DIXIE DREGS Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Cruise Control (3:36)
2. Divided We Stand (4:58)
3. I'll Just Pick (3:58)
4. Day 444 (7:05)
5. Rock & Roll Park (4:36)
6. Attila The Hun (4:01)
7. Kat Food (5:00)
8. Go For Baroque (3:58)

This album received a Grammy nomination for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

Search DIXIE DREGS Unsung Heroes lyrics

Search DIXIE DREGS Unsung Heroes tabs

The DREGS:
- Steve Morse / acoustic and electric guitars
- Andy West / fretted and fretless bass
- Allen Sloan / electric and acoustic 5 string violin
- Rod Morgenstein / drums and percussion
- T Lavitz / acoustic and electric piano, organ, synthesizer, clavinet, saxophone

Arista AL 9548

DIXIE DREGS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIXIE DREGS Unsung Heroes Music

Dregs of the Earth Unsung Heroes Industry StandardDregs of the Earth Unsung Heroes Industry Standard
Imports 2014
What IfWhat If
Night of Living DregsNight of Living Dregs
Free FallFree Fall
Capricorn / Umgd 1998
The Best of Dixie Dregs - 20th Century Masters: Millennium CollectionThe Best of Dixie Dregs - 20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection
Umvd Labels 2002
Divided We Stand: Best of the DregsDivided We Stand: Best of the Dregs
Arista 1989
California ScreaminCalifornia Screamin
Lightyear 2000
DIXIE DREGS-WHAT IF-CAPRICORN CPN-0203 NO BARCODES NM/VG+ LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 43m 53s
Japan 33rpm 12" Sample Record With Obi / Dixie Dregs / What If / Steve Morse/NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dixie Dregs - Freefall [CD New] US $5.42 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Dixie Dregs - What If - LP Record EX EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h
What If by Dixie Dregs (The) (CD, Mar-1998, Capricorn (USA)) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Dixie Dregs Dregs Of The Earth US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
(LP) ''DIXIE DREGS'' / WHAT IF / 1978 CAPRICORN RECORDS US $3.99 [0 bids]
Full Circle by The Dixie Dregs (CD, Feb-2001, Zomba (USA)) US $0.99 [1 bids]
DIXIE DREGS-FREE FALL-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 7h 41m
The Dixie Dregs -Dregs Of The Earth BVCM-37688 Japan CD MINI LP Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
The Dixie Dregs - The Best of the Dregs Divided We Stand CD Steve Morse US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 51m
DIXIE DREGS. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS. CAPRICORN. 0216. 1979. PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $4.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
DIXIE DREGS what if LP VG+ CPN 0203 Vinyl 1978 Record US $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
What If, Dixie Dregs, Very Good Original recording remastered US $3.50 Buy It Now 10h 11m
DIXIE DREGS - 20TH CENTURY MASTERS: MILLENNIUM COLLECTION NEW CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 13h 22m
DIXIE DREGS - FREE FALL NEW CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 16h 2m
Dixie Dregs - Millennium Collection-20th Century Masters CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Dixie Dregs - What If CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Dixie Dregs - Night Of The Living Dregs CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Dixie Dregs - Freefall CD US $8.53 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Dixie Dregs / What If [Steve Morse] US $5.99 [0 bids]
DIXIE DREGS/STEVE MORSE/DEEP PURPLE/"FREE FALL"/ VINYL LP/1977 CAPRICORN RECORDS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Dregs of the Earth, The Dixie Dregs, 1980 Arista Records, ARCD 8116 US $6.95 [0 bids]
Dixie Dregs "Night of the Living Dregs" NM 1979 Vinyl Record US $12.75 Buy It Now 21h
Dixie Dregs - What If NEW CD US $8.60 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Dixie Dregs LP Dregs of the Earth (Arista) US $9.95 Buy It Now 21h 45m
DIXIE DREGS Night Of The Living Dregs LP Steve Morse Southern Rock Jazz Fusion US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 39m
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of the Dixie Dregs... US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Dixie Dregs "Night of the Living Dregs" 8-Track Tape w/sleeve. NM/M- play-tested US $5.99 [0 bids]
Dixie Dregs - Full Circle CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dixie Dregs - Bring 'Em Back Alive - Rare New Cassette US $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Dixie Dregs - Dregs of the Earth CD (ARCD 8116) US $6.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE - Major Impacts 2 DIXIE DREGS DEEP PURPLE US $3.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE - Send The Fire (Worship Sessions (Volume 2)) DIXIE DREGS DEEP PURPL US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DREGS Industry Standard LP Dixie Dregs Steve Morse Deep Purple Arista 1982 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KANSAS Power 1987 JAPAN 1ST CD 32XD-548 AOR Steve Morse DEEP PURPLE DIXIE DREGS US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIXIE DREGS-DREGGS OF THE EARTH-LP-VINYL-AUDIOPHILE-SUPER DISK-DIRECT TO DISC US $29.99 [0 bids]
Dixie Dregs - What If LP Signed Steve Morse US $29.99 [0 bids]
DIXIE DREGS Full Circle CD Capricorn NEW Sealed STEVE MORSE Rod Morgenstein RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Dixie Dregs - Bring Em Back Alive STEVE MORSE DEEP PURPLE / CAPRICORN 1992 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Autographed DIXIE DREGS NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS CAPRICORN 1979 CPN 0216 LP US $12.99 [0 bids]
1978 Dixie Dregs Take It Off The Top / Little Kids Capricorn CPS-0291 45 rpm NM US $4.35 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE MORSE BAND Stand Up Dixie Dregs Deep Purple related MINT Lp US $7.76 Buy It Now 1 day
What If by Dixie Dregs vg++/vg+ Capricorn LP Rock US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Free Fall, Dixie Dregs,Very Good, Audio CDs-Complete in Jewel Case-with artwork, US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
DIXIE DREGS Dregs Of The Earth LP MORGENSTEIN pre-WINGER Steve MORSE NMint- US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIXIE DREGS Night Of The Living Dregs LP MORGENSTEIN STEVE MORSE pre-WINGER US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dixie Dregs Bloodsucking Leeches PROMO CD SINGLE STEVE MORSE US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 DIXIE DREGS Of The Earth AL 9528 Jazz Rock USA US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1979 DIXIE DREGS Night Of The Living Dregs CPN 0216 Blues US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIXIE DREGS NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS LP SEALED CORNER CUT STEVE MORSE DEEP PURP US $2.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE 1989 Power Lines - DEEP PURPLE - DIXIE DREGS - VHS US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dixie Dregs : Night of the Living Dregs CD (2005) US $6.82 Buy It Now 2 days
DIXIE DREGS Dregs Of The Earth LP Steve Morse Deep Purple Arista 1980 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dixie Dregs - Dregs of the Earth - LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
Bonham, Dixie Dregs, Temple Of the Dog, Roxus, Pantera - U.S. PROMO cd US $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Dixie Dregs ?- Night Of The Living Dregs : vinyl LP Steve Morse US $7.00 [0 bids]
The Dregs (Dixie Dregs) Unsung Heroes vinyl LP '81 - NEVER PLAYED US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WHAT IF DIXIE DREGS LP CPN 0203 LP1 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Dixie Dregs ?- Free Fall : Capricorn Records ?- CP-0189 vinyl LP Steve Morse US $7.00 [0 bids]
Steve Morse Band Signed Vinyl LP Record Stand Up Deep Purple Dixie Dregs + PHOTO US $64.99 [0 bids]
STEVE MORSE BAND Stand Up Dixie Dregs Deep Purple related MINT Lp US $7.26 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS-A Little On the CD Side v. 14-Musician,Boingo,Weller,Dixie Dregs US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Coast to Coast by Steve Morse Band/Kansas/Dixie Dregs US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LP Dixie Dregs, What If, 1978, Capricorn Records US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DIXIE DREGS - WHAT IF 1978 LP RECORD ALBUM RARE! CAPRICORN US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIXIE DREGS What If LP 1978 Capricorn Steve Morse Little Kids Travel Tunes US $8.97 Buy It Now 2 days
DIXIE DREGS "NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS" LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DIXIE DREGS "PROMO" What If VIP-6528 OBI LP Ah3007 US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Dixie Dregs Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $7.25 Buy It Now 3 days
DIXIE DREGS Dregs Of The Earth LP 1980 SUPER DISK -- audiophile steve morse 12 7 US $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
High Tension Wires - Steve Morse (CD 1989) NRMT FREE SHIP Kansas Dixie Dregs US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dixie Dregs ?- What If : Capricorn Records ?- CPN-0203 vinyl LP Steve Morse US $7.00 [0 bids]
EXC LP~DIXIE DREGS~Dregs Of The Earth~{Original 1980 ARISTA~PROMO Issue]~ US $3.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Dixie Dregs Freefall Tanya Tucker Girls Like Me Here's Some Love 12" LP VG++/N/M US $7.99 [0 bids]
MAGIC ELF cd - King Crimson Yes Gentle Giant ELP Rush Jethro Tull Dixie Dregs US $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
1978 SOUTHERN JAZZ PROG ROCK Dixie Dregs What If Vintage Vinyl LP UNIQUE COOL US $3.99 [0 bids]
(Jordan) Rudess (Rod) Morgenstein Project (Dixie Dregs) 'S/T' 1997 CD SEALED HTF US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dixie Dregs (fusion rock) '20th Century Masters - The Best of' 2002 CD SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Dixie Dregs Dregs of the Earth Japan mini lp cd Steve Morse Kansas Deep Purple US $25.19 Buy It Now 3 days
King Biscuit Presents Dixie Dregs by The Dixie Dregs (CD, Sep-1997, King Biscuit US $9.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DIXIE DREGS - Night of the Living Dregs (CD) Rock/ USA Pressing US $9.65 [0 bids]
The Dixie Dregs - Unsung Heroes Japan Mini Lp CD Limited US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of the Dregs: Divided We Stand by The Dixie Dregs (CD, Aug-1989, Arista US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Dixie Dregs - What If CD 1978 Polydor Steve Morse original tracks US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
What If by Dixie Dregs LP Record 33 RPM 1978 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Full Circle, Dixie Dregs, New US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
2 CASSETTES DIXIE DREGS EARTH THE ANIMALS BEST OF 66-68 (NO SLEEVES READ NOTES) US $0.99 [0 bids]
DIXIE DREGS Free Fall FUSION Guitar S MORSE Capricorn IMPORT Deep Purple KANSAS US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
High Tension Wires/Steve Morse/Dixie Dregs/Kansas US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Jelly Jam- S/T, 2 (2 CD Lot) Dream Theater, King's X, Dixie Dregs, Platypus US $36.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DIXIE DREGS - FULL CIRCLE ( CD ) 1994 CAPRICORN STEVE MORSE US $9.99 [0 bids]
DIXIE DREGS - DREGS OF THE EARTH NEW CD US $21.77 Buy It Now 4 days
DIXIE DREGS Take It Off The Top b/w Little Kids STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DIXIE DREGS 'NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS' US IMPORT LP US $16.07 Buy It Now 4 days
DIXIE DREGS 'DREGS OF THE EARTH' US IMPORT LP US $24.11 Buy It Now 4 days
Dixie Dregs Night of the Living Dregs Cassette US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Dixie Dregs Live! 1978 LP Album, Fly By Night Records, SEALED RARE US $102.50 Buy It Now 4 days
DIXIE DREGS NIGHT OF THE LIVING DREGS LP 677 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy DIXIE DREGS music online Buy DIXIE DREGS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIXIE DREGS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIXIE DREGS Unsung Heroes ratings distribution

DIXIE DREGS Unsung Heroes reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Reviewing this album is really a challenge for me. This kind of music is not really in my cup of tea. Typically, I like upbeat tempo music and / or music which has touchy melody. DIXIE DREGS's music is a blend of jazz, country and sometime rock components. Two things that triggered me why I need to listen to this album. First, I'm amazed on how brilliant STEVE MORSE guitar playing in DEEP PURPLE's live album "Olympia" and "Total Abandon 99". I like especially his improvisation in "Pictures of Home". Even, I think, his existence has made DEEP PURPLE proggier than before. You may agree with me if you listen to "Perpendicular" album.

Second, I've just heard that my friend, Didi, has just bought the CD of the band two months ago with an unbelievable price: approx USD 35! (one CD only). So I talked to myself .."This must be a great band! Otherwise, Didi wouldn't buy the CD .". So .. I took my record (that I owned it since 1982) and tried to enjoy it, again. "Cruise Control" and "I'll Just Pick" are the songs with medium beat heavily influenced by jazz. It's kind of jazz-rock fusion.

"Go For Baroque" is a song with heavy classical music touch. It's dominated by acoustic guitar and violin. It's really an excellent track. I would say that this has no "rock" component in its composition.

"Attila the Hun" is a jazz-rock fusion song with violin dominating the lead. I notice the bass guitar playing by Andy West is terrific. Morse's guitar sound does not contribute a lot in this track. It functions as gate keeper with its rhythm at the beginning. But when the track reaches.

Overall, this album is enjoyable. If you enjoy jazz and country music, you will enjoy this album. For me personally I like Steve Morse's guitar playing and Andy West's violin playing especially if the two team-up during interlude part. - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#26550) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2004

Review by Chris S
3 stars Another reasonable album from The Dixie Dregs. I kind of feel a lot of their studio work fits the ' comfortable' mode and only the live stuff stands out. In saying that Allen Sloan's violin work is as usual exemplary as is Steve Morse on guitar.Divided we Stand and Kat Food stand out as prominant songs and a fairly even tempered album.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#26551) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Review by Slartibartfast
4 stars In the early '80s the blight of commercialitis had severely degraded the quality of progressive music being created. There are still many gems from that era. Unsung Heroes isn't necessarily one of them yet a fine, and imperfect album all the same. The Dregs dropped the "Dixie" from their name in an attempt to reach a broader audience. I wonder how many of you out there haven't checked this band out because of the "Dixie"? This was the first of two albums in that direction and under "The Dregs" band name, which was what we all around here referred to them as anyway. It unfortunately didn't work as well as they'd hoped and after the second album as "The Dregs", everyone moved on to other projects. (The original violinist Alan Sloane moved on after Unsung Heroes. )

Cruise Control kicks off the album and is probably the worst piece on the album, not to say it's actually a bad piece of music, it's just that the live versions are far superior. And as the song was mostly a vehicle for improvisation, it was just sad to see it reduced to this way too short piece for the sake of trying to get some airplay. Fer shame, fer shame. The older version on the album Freefall beats this version but also pales in comparison to any live version I've experienced.

Divided We Stand sees them back in finer form. This is what the Dregs were all about. It's just progressive fusion, jazzy/rocky/a little bluegrassy/complexy, well, you'll just have to hear it to appreciate it (dancing about architecture and what not.).

I'll Just Pick has even a stronger bluegrass flavor to it. Trust me, this is bluegrass even a die hard prog zombie pod person could like. I know, I was one when I went nutzo for the Dregs.

Day 444 is a nice slow long piece dedicated to the release of the American embassy hostages from Iran. Post Rock fans should really dig this.

Rock and Roll Park another attempt at an instrumental AOR friendly hit. But dang it, just way too progressive to be successful. We're talking 1981 here. Ok maybe it was just the title trying to sound AOR friendly rather than the music.

Attila the Hun is hard to really classify. High energy prog? Speed prog? Complexo prog? A fun little musical ride, for sure, Mr. Morse can really play rings around every guitarist out there, seriously.

Kat Food not to be confused as a cover for Crimson's Cat Food, this one's actually a much better song. A little funky/bluesy, I suppose. Killer complex musicianship again.

In Go for Baroque, the Dregs really did go for an excellent piece in the classical style, really not anything like the classical style pieces they did in the past, it could just about get a classical snob to appreciate prog.

Had to get the CD as a Japanese import. (I'm greatful for all the great import prog available only from Japan!) Really glad to have it back in my collection available to play after a hiatus due to the whole LP Cassette CD transitioning thing.

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#135556) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2007

Review by Cesar Inca
4 stars After four official albums and an independent release, the Dixie Dregs were standing strong for their entry in the 80s. Their musical pattern was already solidified by a trademark sound and the robustness of each individual member's technical ability, paired with the warm feeling generated from their interactions. So this is what you'll fin in "Unsung Heroes", the band's second album with keyboardist T Lavitz: positive vibe jazz-rock music, at times country-friendly, enhanced with colorfulness and refinement, displaying a notable but controlled virtuosity. Since Lavitz replaced Parrish, you can tell that the Dregs' core sound became a bit more elegant regarding the arrangements' structure. A shortened, rockier version of the classic 'Cruise Control' opens up the album with a tight rocking punch; next, 'Divided We Stand' exhibits pleasant jazzy colors on an agile rhythmic cadence where blues-rock and country fuse. 'I'll Just Pick' is your typical DD stylish country piece, full of abundant happy-go-lucky moods. Going down to a deeper reflective inclination, 'Day 444' arises like a solemn, beautiful piece whose main motif evolves in a very evocative way: the initial acoustic guitar harmonics set the pace for the violin, piano and electric guitar to create and recreate further as the track progresses. The nuances emerge and flow naturally, keeping the nuclear spirit intact. Seven minutes of pure melodic delight. The album's second half starts with the extroverted 'Rock & Roll Park', which is as easygoing as the title suggest: good old nice rock devoid of deep pretension. 'Attila the Hun' also flaunts this sort of happy vibe, although the predominant air is one of jazz-rock, related to the playful side of Goodman-era Mahavishnu Orchestra. A special mention has to go to Lavitz' synth sole that emerges in the middle: too brief, unfortunately, but it sets the listening room on fire for the seconds that it lasts. Sloan's violin solo also smokes in an amazing exhibition of polished energy. So. Morse has to do something spectacular as well so he doesn't get overblown by his fellow soloists, just before his 6-string joins the violin for the final lines. 'Kat Food' states an effective exercise on funky jazz, including a very impressive bass solo, plus the typical groove of an ever-inspired Morgenstein. The last piece is 'Go for Baroque', which starts with an intro of acoustic guitar and violin, soon joined by the piano and the bass. As the title aptly indicates, it is a composition that follows the mold of Baroque fugues: Sloan knows how to pick Morse's ideas and turn his instrumental into a builder of the potential concretions of those ideas. This is what a fugue should always sound like. "Unsung Heroes" is, above all, a funny, nice album that comprises lots of good musical ideas and great performances. The Dixie Dregs never give up on their high ideals about the art of noise.

Send comments to Cesar Inca (BETA) | Report this review (#178464) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Unsung heroes from 1981 is an usual Dixie Dregs album. Same kind mood, same arrangements, same violin interplays, almost some pieces can easely enter on any DD previous albums, but doesn't mean is bad, is just a typical DD album and nothing more. Some pieces worth mentioning as real DD classica like Attila The Hun and Cruise Control , the rest are good but don't expect to something groundbreaking as What if from 1978 album. Here are again same jazzy moments combind with violin interplays and some country elements here and there. So all in all a good album who desearves without doubt 3 stars, but nothing special or close to a masterpiece as is What if - the best album they ever done. Even the early '80's begun to show their sharp teeth in prog music, DD keep their music on a high level, not like other bands from the glorious '70 when they begun to sound or more pop or disbanded. DD remains without question among the best jazz fusin bands from USA and not only.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#190756) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 28, 2008

Review by The Quiet One
2 stars Unsung Heroes for a reason.....

Unsung Heroes is a typical Dixie Dregs album in which features their wide range of influences in each seperate song and as a result making it sound like a mix of chocolate, pasta, hamburgers, and what-not; all tastey foods, but none have anything in common with each other.

From the semi-hard rock, speed-up Cruise Control to the gentle acoustic, Baroque inspired, Go for Baroque. As many Jazz Fusion albums, you got the funk presence like in Kat Food. Then you also have the semi-bluesy Rock & Roll Park with some great saxophone work. The album also contains a odd number, a fast acoustic tune called Attila the Hun, which then evolves through Steve's amazing guitar(electric) solo to a great violin break-through with some synth work.

It's all played top-notch but there's not one single song that flows well with another, and that makes the big and obvious flaw The Dixie Dregs always had. You can listen to seperate songs each for a different mood you're into, but not listen to the whole album expecting some reasonable flow, it just sounds like a compilation of a bunch of un-related genres played magnificently well, but not a single moment that is memorable.

Poor album with incredible musicians on board playing some forgettable tunes.

Send comments to The Quiet One (BETA) | Report this review (#195517) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 28, 2008

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars This was the last great Dixie Dregs studio album. It was also their first on a major label. I have always wondered if it was those record (*sniff*) company (*snort*) executives who convinced them to drop the word "Dixie" from their name, as well as the usual hard-core blugrass tune.

Despite the record label, and the hideous album cover, with a portrait of the naked Dregs with their mouths airbrushed away, the group put out a highly complex, fine, prog album. The songwriting is as goos as ever (althoughthere is nothing as strong as Oddyssey, or the like. And the closing classical sounding piece, Go For Baroque, is just beautiful.

My only complaint is that in the rerecorded version of Cruise Control, the bands signature tune, the best part, the high speed alternating solos, has been excised. Is that another record company decision?

At least no one sings.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#306756) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010

3 stars Well, the Dregs really haven't mde a bad album, but this one is not nearly as inspired as some of their earlier stuff. Still, the classic Dreg's formula is being used to good effect, creating some rocking, up-tempo music with a variety of styles. You've got a rehash of the classic 'Cruise Control' a ... (read more)

Report this review (#771391) | Posted by Mr. Mustard | Friday, June 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The (Dixie) Dregs Unsung Heroes is one of the best of The Dregs early LPs. The sound production is very good and clean, and features several songs that are Classics such as I'll Just Pick and Cruise Control, with also Kat Food, Atilla the Hun, and Rock and Roll Park as solid Jazz Rock fusion e ... (read more)

Report this review (#90074) | Posted by ufo3 | Monday, September 18, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DIXIE DREGS "Unsung Heroes"