LMR

Buy LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

01.- Marcopolis (4:53)
02.- Twitch (3:08)
03.- Frumious Banderfunk (3:39)
04.- The Blizzard (3:43)
05.- Mew (7:49)
06.- Afa Vulu (2:44)
07.- Descent (3:24)
08.- Scrod (6:10)
09.- Orbiter (3:13)
10.- Enter The Core (4:08)
11.- Ignorant Elephant (5:30)
12.- Lakeshore Lights (4:36)
13.- Dancing Feet (3:05)
14.- Service Engine (8:38)

Total time : 62:00

Search LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS LMR lyrics

Search LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS LMR tabs

Tony Levin.- Basses, Chapman Stick & Cello
Marco Minnemann.- Drums & Guitar
Jordan Rudess.- Keyboards, Continuum, Wizardly Sounds & Seaboard

Lazy Bones Recordings CD/Digital and CD/DVD Deluxe edition with interviews, outtakes and additional footage?

Thanks to el rey carmesí for the addition
and to rdtprog for the last updates

LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS LMR Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
From the Law Offices of Levin Minnemann RudessFrom the Law Offices of Levin Minnemann Rudess
Lazy Bones Recordings 2016
Levin Minnemann RudessLevin Minnemann Rudess
Lazy Bones Recordings 2013
From the Law Offices of Levin Minnemann Rudess - Deluxe EditionFrom the Law Offices of Levin Minnemann Rudess - Deluxe Edition
Lazy Bones Recordings 2016
Levin Minnemann Rudess by Levin Minnemann Rudess (2013-05-04)Levin Minnemann Rudess by Levin Minnemann Rudess (2013-05-04)
Lazy Bones Recordings

More places to buy LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS music online Buy LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS LMR ratings distribution

LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS LMR reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
5 stars It's not often that an rock instrumental album blows me away like this one has.

In the prog world, Tony Levin is a legend. Among his countless credits is his work with so many of the giants. King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel and Yes (as ABWH), just scratches the surface of what he means to the genre. Jordan Rudess, of course, has been elevating Dream Theater's music for years with his keyboard pyrotechnics. And Marco Minnemann, while not as well known (yet), has been making his mark with the likes The Aristocrats, Mike Kenneally and some guy names Steven Wilson.

Together this trio has come up with an amazing array of heavy instrumental prog, where whether one listens to individual instrument parts, or the way they all come together, the music all leaves this listener in awe. They blend hard rock, metal, technical fusion and experimental rock to create a wall of prog bliss.

While I love the entire album, the track that stand out most to me are Twitch and Frumious Banderfunk, which both contain many unexpected twists and turns, and Mew, a track that sounds very much like a certain Mr. Zappa's wild Synclavier experiments.

Review by Prog Leviathan
5 stars I'm just going to throw down the gauntlet here: Levin Minnemann Rudess is one of the best instrumental prog experiences you'll ever hear ... and it's a travesty that this album has been kept a secret for years since its release. How am I only the third reviewer!? Well I hope that changes in a hurry, because this is one of the best musical discoveries I've experienced for a long time.

Not that it was much of a gamble, really. Come on, Tony Levin is legendary for a reason. Jordon Rudess is like keyboard wizard (stifled now for years in Dream Theatre), and Minnemann is a drumming journeyman whose probably played with groups or artists currently in your collection. Getting them together is a sure-fire win, but probably not at the level you maybe assume ... it's better.

This record really is one of the best instrumental prog releases I've ever heard. You can compare it to Liquid Tension Experiment, but while that project (also featuring Levin and Rudess) was also heavy on Petrucci guitar and improvisation, Levin Minnemann Rudess is a meticulously crafted technical masterwork. These guys have instrumental chops that are mind-blowing, and are put on display with a very high level of songwriting finesse and ambition. You'll have a lot of fun with these tunes.

It would be difficult to go through individual songs, because they're so twisty-crazy and diverse, but suffice to say this release is modern heavy-prog that features huge riffs, timbre that ranges from manic to mellow, and improvisational highlights throughout. Tony Levin's playing is sharp, creative, and personality-filled. There really is no one that sounds quite like him; bravo Tony for continuing a 30-year streak of excellence. Rudess is like a knight in shining armor for me. I've loved his playing since I first him on 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence, but his contributions to the mediocrity of Dream Theater had me pretty much writing him off - but holy cow does he cook here. The man carries much of the melodies throughout this album, and brings tremendous energy and charm to the songs. Minnemann also impresses by shifting between the tracks' numerous style and time changes with ease. Very technical; very hip. Exceptional work across the board.

How this record has gone undiscovered here on the Archives is beyond me, but I hope everyone reading this checks it out and supports this group's collaboration. I'm rounding up to a 5-star because there really hasn't been anything quite like this for a while, and it's just excellent. A first-rate instrumental experience!

Songwriting: 4 - Instrumental Performances: 5 - Lyrics/Vocals: NA - Style/Emotion/Replay: 4

4 stars When I saw there was a new album with Tony Levin and Jordan Rudess I had to hear it right away. Levin is my favorite bassist, especially when he's on the Chapman Stick. Being a huge DT fan Rudess is also one of my favorites. I didn't know anything about Marco Minnemann going in but when I saw he ... (read more)

Report this review (#1080189) | Posted by EGallager | Friday, November 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS "LMR"