SINTRINITY

Morph Sintrinity album cover

Buy MORPH Music
Studio Album, released in 2012

1. A Breath Away (5:17)
2. At The Crossrods (6:59)
3. Reaching For You (4:40)
4. Wake Up (6:51)
5. The Final Bow (5:09)
6. It Feels Like The End (6:13)
7. The Journal (6:19)

Search MORPH Sintrinity lyrics

Search MORPH Sintrinity tabs

- Richard Sandström / Drums
- Attila Bokor / Vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards

CD 2012, Progress Records PRCD 052

Thanks to aapatsos for the addition

MORPH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MORPH Sintrinity Music

SintrinitySintrinity
Progress Records

More places to buy MORPH music online Buy MORPH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MORPH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MORPH Sintrinity ratings distribution

MORPH Sintrinity reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock and Crossover Teams
4 stars I think I'm going to call this band "progressive metal lite". Morph certainly has ties to prog metal, and they are certainly complex. But this music just isn't that heavy. But, that's okay with me. Indeed, I feel like they have more in common with Porcupine Tree than with Dream Theater, though both can be heard. On top of that, they have a darker, almost (but not quite) djenty sound at times. And on some of the tracks, a distinct alternative sound can be heard, such as on the chorus of "It Feels Like the End" (my favorite) or the verses of "At the Crossroads".

Yes, these Swedes have combined many influences into a rather good package of melody, polyrhythmic jams, and slightly mainstream vocals. Now, this band consists of only two guys: Richard Sandstrom on drums, and Attila Bokor on everything else. I find that really impressive, as the structures and mind-bending complexities that are often found here would usually take more minds than just two. But, they pull it off without ever becoming pretentious, without showboating, and without wavering from a plan. I really can't stand it when a band seems like they are wandering around in the dark, almost like they are bluffing us. Morph always seems to have a plan.

And, you know what? They guys don't just pull it off, they are excellent musicians. Richard plays the drums very well, and he knows the meaning of restraint. It seems that he can perform both complex drums lines and slow, offbeat mood-setters. Attila, too, has a very young, clear voice; excellent guitar control, and a good grasp of keyboard atmospheres. I mean, I've seen so many prog fans insist they don't like "catchy" music, but Morph does an excellent job of combining the two. And, if you can't sing along to "It Feels Like the End", please check your pulse or get a grip. This is good music.

So, for a progressive metal band that sounds more like Porcupine Tree mixed with Dead Letter Circus and Meshuggah, this band does pretty well. I say give them a fair chance to impress you.

Send comments to Second Life Syndrome (BETA) | Report this review (#1037372) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Post a review of MORPH "Sintrinity"