VIRGINS

Search TIM HECKER Virgins tabs

- Tim Hecker / electronic/acoustic/ loops & electronic devices & processors

Recorded at EMPAC
Mastered at Black Saloon Studios

2LP Kranky ‎- KRANK 183 (2013)

Thanks to admireart for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

TIM HECKER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TIM HECKER Virgins Music

Harmony in UltravioletHarmony in Ultraviolet
Kranky 2006
Haunt MeHaunt Me
Subtractif 2004
Ravedeath, 1972 [Digipak] by Tim Hecker (CD, Electronica Feb-2011, Kranky) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
TIM HECKER**VIRGINS (LTD ED/GATEFOLD/COLOURED VINYL/DOWNLOAD)**2 VINYL SET US $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Instrumental Tourist [Digipak] by Daniel Lopatin Tim Hecker (CD, Nov-2012,... US $1.29 [0 bids]
TIM HECKER DANIEL LOPATIN INSTRUMENTAL TOURIST CD APHEX TWIN GROUPER AUTECHRE US $4.50 [0 bids]
TIM HECKER - RAVEDEATH, 1972 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.91 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Hecker - An Imaginary Country 2 x LP Experimental SEALED NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EVAN CAMINITI Night Dust LP NEW VINYL Immune Tim Hecker +download US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ravedeath, 1972 by Tim Hecker *New CD* US $10.30 Buy It Now 2 days
PRICE DROP! Eluvium ?- Life Through Bombardment - 7xLP Box Set Jesu Tim Hecker US $260.00 Buy It Now 3 days
TARA JANE O'NEIL Where Shine New Lights LP NEW VINYL Kranky Tim Hecker Benoit P US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Demdike Stare TestPressing #002 LP blue vinyl tim hecker andy stott haxan cloak US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Prurient - Time's Arrow 12" Cold Cave Swans Sunn O))) Tim Hecker Vatican Shadow US $16.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Aidan Baker I Wish Too, To Be Absorbed 2xcd Nadja Troum Tim Hecker Fennesz Coil US $5.00 [0 bids]
TIM HECKER / DANIEL LOPATIN - INSTRUMENTAL TOURIST NEW VINYL US $27.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Tim Hecker - Virgins CD NEW US $21.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Tim Hecker - Mirages 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $30.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Tim Hecker - Haunt Me Haunt Me Do It Again (Vinyl 2x LP) MINT SEALED US $75.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet LP new sealed on Kranky US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tim Hecker, Aidan Baker,Fantasma Parastasie, US $12.98 Buy It Now 6 days
TIM HECKER Ravedeath 1972 2x LP NEW VINYL Kranky Ben Frost US $26.99 Buy It Now 6 days
TIM HECKER / DANIEL LOPATIN - INSTRUMENTAL TOURIST NEW CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 6 days
TIM HECKER Virgins 2x LP NEW VINYL Kranky US $26.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Harmony in Ultraviolet by Tim Hecker *New CD* US $14.06 Buy It Now 8 days
Tim Hecker - Harmony In Ultraviolet [CD New] US $16.06 Buy It Now 9 days
Virgins [10/14] by Tim Hecker (CD, Oct-2013, Kranky) US $19.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Harmony in Ultraviolet by Tim Hecker (CD, Oct-2006, Kranky) US $18.95 Buy It Now 9 days
KEITH FULLERTON WHITMAN Antithesis LP NEW VINYL Kranky Repress Tim Hecker US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Tim Hecker - Virgins [CD New] US $12.89 Buy It Now 10 days
GENGHIS TRON Board Up The House Remixes V LP PINK/GREEN WAX nadja tim hecker US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
TIM HECKER Dropped Pianos LP NEW VINYL Kranky Ambient Drone US $15.99 Buy It Now 11 days
BEN FROST A U R O R A LP NEW VINYL Mute Bedroom Community Tim Hecker US $26.99 Buy It Now 11 days
BEN FROST A U R O R A LP NEW YELLOW VINYL Mute Bedroom Community Tim Hecker US $31.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist [CD New] US $28.73 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Virgins [10/14] by Tim Hecker (CD) US $25.59 Buy It Now 12 days
An Imaginary Country - Tim Hecker New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $24.25 Buy It Now 13 days
TIM HECKER - HARMONY IN ULTRAVIOLET - NEW CD US $13.08 Buy It Now 14 days
TIM HECKER - VIRGINS NEW CD US $22.62 Buy It Now 15 days
TIM HECKER & DANIEL LOPATIN - INSTRUMENTAL TOURIST (UK) NEW CD US $32.95 Buy It Now 15 days
TIM HECKER - HARMONY IN ULTRAVIOLET NEW CD US $21.19 Buy It Now 15 days
Steven R. Smith - Cities LP Black/900 Grouper Godspeed Black Emperor Tim Hecker US $8.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Tim Hecker - Virgins (Music CD) US $28.63 Buy It Now 16 days
Tim Hecker - Harmony In Ultraviolet CD US $19.17 Buy It Now 16 days
TIM HECKER - AN IMAGINARY COUNTRY - NEW CD US $13.37 Buy It Now 16 days
Virgins - Tim Hecker New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $24.38 Buy It Now 17 days
Tim Hecker - Virgins [CD New] US $16.93 Buy It Now 17 days
Tim Hecker - Imaginary Country CD US $19.79 Buy It Now 17 days
ISIS Oceanic Remixes/Reinterpretations 2 Tim Hecker Justin Broadrick Speedranch US $18.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Tim Hecker - Imaginary Country [CD New] US $16.03 Buy It Now 18 days
TIM HECKER - IMAGINARY COUNTRY NEW CD US $21.91 Buy It Now 18 days
TIM HECKER**VIRGINS**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Oneohtrix Point Never R Plus Seven 2x LP vinyl record indie sealed tim hecker US $23.95 Buy It Now 19 days
TIM HECKER Harmony in Ultraviolet 2x LP NEW VINYL Kranky US $26.99 Buy It Now 19 days
AIDAN BAKER green & cold CD EX #/400 nadja ARC mnemosyne tim hecker noveller US $13.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Work Death Phone About to Ring LP vinyl record sealed tim hecker hair police US $22.95 Buy It Now 21 days
THE HAXAN CLOAK s/t CD Demdike Stare ben frost raime tim hecker NEW horror score US $17.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972 [CD New] US $13.72 Buy It Now 21 days
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972 [Vinyl New] US $23.44 Buy It Now 22 days
Tim Hecker - Harmony In Ultraviolet LP Vinyl NEW US $21.99 Buy It Now 22 days
TIM HECKER - RAVEDEATH 1972 NEW CD US $21.91 Buy It Now 23 days
ATLANTIC WAVES 2007 FESTIVAL SAMPLER 2CD - Tim Hecker O.blaat @c THE WIRE TAPPER US $6.48 Buy It Now 23 days
TIM HECKER & DANIEL LOPATIN Instrumental Tourist 2x LP NEW VINYL Oneohtrix US $24.99 Buy It Now 23 days
ROOM40 - 10 - Pimmon Janek Schaefer Tim Hecker Philip Samartzis THE WIRE TAPPER US $6.48 Buy It Now 23 days
Tim Hecker - Virgins [Vinyl New] US $25.84 Buy It Now 23 days
Tim Hecker Virgins 2xLP sealed vinyl Kranky US $26.98 Buy It Now 23 days
Radio Amor by Tim Hecker (CD, Mar-2003, Mille Plateaux) US $9.95 Buy It Now 23 days
TIM HECKER An Imaginary Country 2x LP NEW VINYL Kranky US $24.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972 CD US $19.31 Buy It Now 23 days
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath 1972 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $29.96 Buy It Now 23 days
TIM HECKER - RAVEDEATH 1972 NEW VINYL US $31.43 Buy It Now 24 days
Tim Hecker - Dropped Pianos [Vinyl New] US $16.68 Buy It Now 24 days
TIM HECKER - DROPPED PIANOS NEW VINYL US $20.26 Buy It Now 24 days
WORK/DEATH Phone About to Ring LP NEW VINYL Type Tim Hecker Thomas Koner Scott US $28.99 Buy It Now 24 days
TIM HECKER - VIRGINS NEW VINYL US $35.42 Buy It Now 24 days
TIM HECKER Mirages 2x LP NEW VINYL Kranky Oren Ambarchi Fennesz US $26.99 Buy It Now 25 days
LP: TIM HECKER - Harmony In Ultraviolet 2xLP NEW SEALED Kranky Rec US $24.95 Buy It Now 25 days
TIM HECKER - VIRGINS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $38.67 Buy It Now 25 days
Harmony In Ultraviolet - Tim Hecker New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.57 Buy It Now 27 days
Virgins [10/14] by Tim Hecker (CD, Oct-2013, Kranky) US $25.87 Buy It Now 27 days
Instrumental Tourist - Tim Hecker New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $15.76 Buy It Now 27 days
Christopher Bissonnette Essasy in Idleness LP vinyl record sealed tim hecker US $15.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Fear Falls Burning Frenzy of the Absolute 2x LP DRONE Nadja Ben Frost Tim Hecker US $24.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist [CD New] US $9.31 Buy It Now 27 days
Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist - SFT017-6I US $61.32 Buy It Now 27 days
TIM HECKER - VIRGINS * (880893007924) - NEW CD US $31.28 Buy It Now 28 days
Ravedeath,1972 - Tim Hecker New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.73 Buy It Now 28 days
Tim Hecker & And Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist (NEW CD) US $14.97 Buy It Now 28 days
AIDAN BAKER & TIM HECKER Fantasma Parastasie CD ambient NADJA fennesz drone US $13.98 Buy It Now 28 days
TIM HECKER - MIRAGES NEW VINYL US $32.23 Buy It Now 28 days
Tim Hecker - Dropped Pianos Vinyl Record LP US $18.60 Buy It Now 28 days
BEN FROST Aurora CD has collaborated with SWANS TIM HECKER etc US $5.99 Buy It Now 29 days
TIM HECKER MIRAGES LIMITED EDITION 2LP KRANKY DJ SEALED AMBIENT MINIMAL DRONE US $29.15 Buy It Now 29 days
Eluvium ?- Life Through Bombardment - 7xLP Ultra Rare Box Set Jesu Tim Hecker US $299.00 Buy It Now 29 days
SCHREI AUS STEIN Philosophie CASSETTE black metal/ambient tim hecker Encomiast US $5.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Tim Hecker | Daniel Lopatin: Instrumental Tourist LP vinyl record ohonetrix US $19.95 Buy It Now 29 days
TIM HECKER - VIRGINS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $16.94 Buy It Now 29 days
Ravedeath, 1972 by Tim Hecker (Vinyl, Mar-2011, Kranky) US $26.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Virgins [10/14] by Tim Hecker (Vinyl, Oct-2013, 2 Discs, Kranky) US $29.95 Buy It Now 29 days
Virgins [10/14] by Tim Hecker (Vinyl, Oct-2013, 2 Discs, Kranky) US $29.50 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TIM HECKER music online Buy TIM HECKER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TIM HECKER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TIM HECKER Virgins ratings distribution

TIM HECKER Virgins reviews

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars One of the reasons we're not goats

There are some obvious advantages we have over goats we as people should cherish like the very earth we roam. First of all, hands. I love my hands - in fact so much so, that I've been known to clap furiously into the night, applauding the very instrument at work with a fierce and burning love that sadly would've been lost on the aforementioned hoof bearing critter.

One thing that has always puzzled me about goats is their ability to devour whatever their cruel and, let's face it, rather poor cuisine oafs serve them with. I remember visiting the zoo back when I was a wee kid. I had on my beloved KISS t-shirt, which I wore proudly and with much gusto - until I thought I'd run into a snag of some kind. I froze instantly, reminding myself not to panic - maybe Gene Simmons tongue hadn't been stretched even more than what it already was. I then turned my head and saw a small goat chewing happily on my shirt.... It proceeded to do so until I found something else eatable to stuff in it's face. Chance would have it that I was standing on top of some rather foul smelling cardboard, which I then force-fed into it's lazily chewing jaws.

Now what on earth does all this talk of goats and cardboards have to with Canadian electronic wizard Tim Hecker and his new release 'Virgins'? Well we, as a species, have evolved from the stage of merely feeding ourselves for survival. Hell, more than anything else, It now seems as though we're on the brink of eating ourselves to an early grave.... anyway we've refined our eating habits and the way we prepare our meals. We got so much going for us that our tasting buds have reached a powerful sensitivity to everything we decide to stuff our faces with. So why on earth would we ever go back to eating cardboard?

Well the same goes for music. We have so much to choose from these days, it literally boggles the mind, and maybe that's why I find it increasingly perplexing to see this album heralded pretty much everywhere on the internet as some kind of prodigal modern electronic release. Personally, I'd pretty much call it cardboard muzak. Now before I go into all of this, I'd like to point out my natural affinity for the more out there music. I loooove strange unorthodox sounds and tapestries and am furthermore an electronic junkie always itching and scratching for the next fix - the next trip that takes me completely elsewhere.

On 'Virgins' there's a sense of an omnipresent stagnant droning atmospheric going down. Much of the time I am reminded of Lustmord and his unique ways of pushing these mountainous drones forward, yet with Hecker the overall emphasis lies elsewhere, meaning that you just get this wall paper like entity hovering quietly in the back like some shy ninja with a fear of knives. Then you get the touch-and-go piano clinkering. "CLINK CLINK.......CLINK CLINK" -Frequently used as a way of incorporating a bit of beat into the mix, yet with the intonation and rhythm sense comparable to that of a chicken, the outcome comes across crudely and perhaps more important: drearily. Even when the piano decides to dive head first into small melodic segments, it takes on the form of those adverts on tv which promote health, sound economics and intelligent housing. Yawn!

Then there's the static noise - the television sound that suddenly got hugely influential in modern electronic music sometime around the turn of the millennium. Hecker though tries to implement these white noise walls of sound at the tail end of the occasional synth squeaks, making them crackle and pop like old wiring gone bad. Other times he plays around with them - fiddling about with the volume making them appear as fragmented rhythms and, at times, something akin to melodies.

This is all about atmospherics though. It's about moods and gentle unmelodious waves of sound. Sometimes it sounds like a factory hall getting cleaned out with a couple of brooms whereas there are other moments, where I feel transported into a piano tuning shop where this old dude sits around and clinks away on arbitrary tangents.

I am so disappointed with this thing. I was hoping for something special and new - something that rivalled all those fantastic reviews I'd read............but no dice - no cigar - no real zing was to be found. Listening to this album all the way through makes me feel like a goat, -and not one of those fine-dining buggers who hang out at the local Burger King - no the very same that keep munching on KISS t-shirts and cardboard.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#1122064) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 27, 2014

Post a review of TIM HECKER "Virgins"