AWAKING THE CENTURIES

Haggard

Haggard Awaking the Centuries album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Rachmaninov: Choir (0:37)
2. Pestilencia (1:53)
3. Heavenly Damnation (2:58)
4. The Final Victory (3:35)
5. Saltorella La Manuelina (0:56)
6. Awaking The Centuries (9:33)
7. Statement zur Lage der Musica (1:18)
8. In A Fullmoon Procession (5:17)
9. Menuett (1:19)
10. (I) Prophecy Fulfilled / (II) And The Dark Night Entered (6:22)
11. Courante (1:11)
12. Rachmaninov: Choir (2:31)

Search HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries lyrics

- Ilka Mende / violin
- Fabian Schwarz / acoustic guitar
- New Moscow Radio Choir / chorus

Cd. Drakkar Records 007 / Cd. BGM Records 74321 72819

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
DAVID ALLAN COE - SINGS MERLE HAGGARD - NEW CD US $7.29 Buy It Now 34m 27s
MERLE HAGGARD - THE BEST OF THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD [CAPITOL] - NEW CD US $9.93 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Merle Haggard 25th Anniversary Album Country & Western CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Haggard - No Future (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Haggard,Merle - Hag/Someday We'll Look Back [CD New] US $12.89 Buy It Now 1h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD - POET OF THE WORKING MAN - NEW CD BOXSET US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h
Mama's Hungry Eyes: Tribute to Merle Haggard by Various Artists (CD,... US $1.25 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - 10 GREAT SONGS [MERLE HAGGARD] - NEW CD US $5.82 Buy It Now 2h 20m
MERLE HAGGARD / BUCK OWENS - CALIFORNIA COUNTRY NEW CD US $12.85 Buy It Now 3h 3m
GERMAN RELEASE RED RIVER VALLEY 5 cd CONWAY TWITTY/MERLE HAGGARD Readers Digest US $19.13 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Willie Nelson 2 Album Lot 33 rpm LP's Willie with Roger Miller and Merle Haggard US $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Merle Haggard 45 "Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)" ~ w/Picture Sleeve US $6.74 Buy It Now 3h 50m
20 COUNTRY HITS v1 haggard TWITTY bare DUDLEY husky MILLER kendalls LOCKIN nu cd US $7.89 [0 bids]
Noel Haggard One Lifetime Promo Single US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h
5 country CD Strait Shelton Urban Haggard US $2.99 [0 bids]
CHRISTMAS WITH GUSTO johnny cash FREDDY FENDER m haggard 20hit NEW cassette TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
COE david allan SINGS merle haggard MAMA TRIED fightin' side MOVIN' ON new tape US $5.49 [0 bids]
COUNTRY at its best WILLIE NELSON conway twitty MERLE HAGGARD 18 tracks 2 TAPE s US $5.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD -(45)-THE ROOTS OF MY RAISING / THE WAY IT WAS IN '51-CAPITOL-1975 US $9.00 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle JONES george COUNTRY DUETS yesterday's wine NO SHOW JONES new tape US $3.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle /Okie From Muskogee COUNTRY FOLK new cd US $8.39 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/ COUNTRY/ super hits/ VOL2/ NEW CD US $8.39 [0 bids]
HONKY TONK COUNTRY/var artist HAGGARD lynn WATSON tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/Best Of The Best COUNTRY FOLK new cd US $8.39 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/ COUNTRY/ hall of fame/ NEW CD US $8.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/Workin' Man Blues COUNTRY FOLK new cd US $8.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/COUNTRY/fightin' side of me/NEW CD US $8.39 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle SERVING 190 PROOF country SING A FAMILY SONG my own hat NEW CD US $8.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle BEST OF country OKIE MUSKOGEE sing me back home BRANDED MAN new cd US $6.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle NELSON willie GOSPEL old rugged cross STAND BY ME new cd US $8.89 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle WHAT A FRIEND IN JESUS why me GOSPEL suppertime NEW cassette tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle Ballad Singer COUNTRY FOLK new cd US $8.39 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle/ COUNTRY/ branded man/ NEW CD US $8.39 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle SUPER HIT SET okie from muskogee/mama tried 34 songs NEW 2 tape s US $5.88 [0 bids]
HAGGARD merle 24song MAMA TRIED okie from muskogee SING ME BACK HOME new cd US $11.89 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD THE FIGHTIN SIDE OF ME / EVERY FOOL HAS A RAINBOW 45 Capitol 2719 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard A Tribute to the Best Damn Fidler... Capital ST 638 SEALED US $20.00 Buy It Now 5h
LP: BEST OF THE BEST Merle Haggard (1972 Capitol) "Silver Wings","Hungry Eyes") US $8.95 Buy It Now 5h 7m
MERLE HAGGARD & CONWAY TWITTY mama tried HELLO DARLIN okie muskogee NEW CD US $7.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD millennium collection RAINBOW STEW Bull and the Beaver NEW CD US $8.89 [0 bids]
MAMA CD the mom mother/10hit ANDERSON coe HAGGARD paycheck NEW CD US $8.89 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD sung by ALABAMA vince gill OTHERS new cd US $7.88 [0 bids]
PERCY SLEDGE sings country songs of MERLE HAGGARD johnny cash CHARLEY PRIDE tape US $4.66 [0 bids]
NOW THAT'S COUNTRY v2 cline HAGGARD kendalls TWITTY husky McDANIEL dudley NEW CD US $7.89 [0 bids]
PERCY SLEDGE sings country songs of MERLE HAGGARD johnny cash CHARLEY PRIDE cd US $4.88 [0 bids]
NASHVILLE country Christmas W JENNINGS m haggard B ANDERSON p wagoner NEW CD US $8.89 [0 bids]
ROAD MUSIC Best Of Best COE haggard SOVINE dudley NU CD US $8.39 [0 bids]
Haggard Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Just Between the Two of Us by Haggard, Owens US $10.16 Buy It Now 5h 47m
TRUCKERS JUKEBOX 2 cline LYNN twitty HAGGARD conlee NELSON wagoner NEW TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
TRAVIS randy GREAT DUET TAPE with var country stars JONES nelson HAGGARD new US $3.88 [0 bids]
TRIBUTE to Merle Haggard ALABAMA alan jackson EMMYLOU HARRIS marty stuart TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard and the Strangers SEALED LP record The Roots Of My Raising US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Haggard *GUITAR TABS* Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 6h 16m
MERLE HAGGARD "A FRIEND IN CALIFORNIA" LP VINYL US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD "KERN RIVER" LP VINYL US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Country Life Merle Haggard Bobbie Gentry + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $11.86 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Legends Merle Haggard CD 22 Classics Buy 1 CD - get one free US $8.50 Buy It Now 7h 7m
MERLE HAGGARD - 5:01 Blues - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic 465184 1 US $15.23 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MERLE HAGGARD - Capitol Country Classics - Ex Con LP Record Capitol CAPS 1034 US $15.23 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MERLE HAGGARD - Chill Factor - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic 460783 1 US $15.23 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MERLE HAGGARD - Kern River - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic EPC 26432 US $15.23 Buy It Now 7h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD - The Great Merle Haggard Sings - Ex Con LP Record MFP 50392 US $10.13 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Merle Haggard - His Epic Hits: First Eleven to Be Continued (CD, Sep-1984, Epic) US $3.71 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Merle Haggard And The Strangers - Keep Movin' On (LP, EMI) New Sealed SS US $10.00 [0 bids]
2 MERLE HAGGARD Stickers Cut Vinyl Decal Branded Man Mama Tried Hungry Eyes US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Last of the Breed, Haggard, Merle, Price, Ray, Nels, New US $20.03 Buy It Now 7h 32m
MERLE HAGGARD - JACK TO THE BARROOMS AGAIN - 45rpm US $1.25 [0 bids]
RONCO PRESENTS COUNTRY FEVER COMP. WITH MERLE HAGGARD, MEL TILLIS LP RONCE2260 US $2.98 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Haggard,Merle - 40 #1 Hits [CD New] US $16.76 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Haggard,Merle - Hag-Studio Recordings 1968-1976 [CD New] US $222.50 Buy It Now 7h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD / BONNIE O - That Makes 2 Of Us - 8-Track US $2.95 Buy It Now 7h 55m
MERLE HAGGARD ALL-TIME HAGGARD FAVORITES SEALED CASSETTE US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
MERLE HAGGARD RAINBOW STEW LIVE SEALED CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
MERLE HAGGARD - MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH TRAINS LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
MERLE HAGGARD-MY FAREWELL TO ELVIS PRESLEY-MCA-2314 NEW SEALED LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Tribute to Merle Haggard Emmylou Harris Alabama Alan Jackson Willie Nelson CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Country Classics,25 Best Country Classics,2 CD's,Tucker,Tillis,Haggard,Paycheck! US $11.99 [0 bids]
9h
Merle Haggard 33 Lp 12" Country Mint Mint- cover US $6.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD I AM WHAT I AM US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Greatest Hits by Merle Haggard CD Okie from Muskogee Bottle let me down Workin US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Merle Haggard Serving 100 Proof LP Record US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
VG++ MERLE HAGGARD WE NEVER TOUCH AT ALL/MAN FROM ANOTHER TIME 1987 45 RPM EPIC US $2.98 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Merle Haggard, His Best Audio CD US $12.71 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Merle Haggard - The Collection [Madacy] 2CDs NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
HAGGARD AND THOU SHALT TRUST... THE SEER SEALED CD NEW 2013 US $6.24 Buy It Now 9h 36m
LOVE GONE WRONG-Merle Haggard-CONWAY TWITTY-Roy Acuff US $10.29 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Merle Haggard 45 rpm Vinyl Record US $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD (SING ME BACK HOME CD 1) US $3.95 [0 bids]
Our Stories in Song, vol. I: Dolly Parton, Tom T. Hall, and Merle Haggard US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Merle Haggard - I Take A Lot Of Pride In What I Am (CD) Holding Things Together US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 8m
1000 COUNTRY CDS wholesale lot NEW Lonestar,Haggard,Cash,Kendalls,Nelson,Twitty+ US $899.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Merle Haggard and the Strangers "I'm a Lonesome Fugitive" LP *ST 2702* VG to VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Merle Haggard Im Always On A Mountain When I Fall 12" Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - KEEP MOVIN' ON US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 45m
MERLE HAGGARD - THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 48m
MERLE HAGGARD - I'M ALWAYS ON A MOUNTAIN WHEN I FALL US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 49m
MERLE HAGGARD - THE ROOTS OF MY RASING US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 50m
Merle Haggard And The Strangers "Songs I'll Always Sing" 1977 Capitol SABB-11531 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 45 I Never Go Home Anymore / Natural High 1984 Epic Vinyl Record US $2.84 Buy It Now 11h 5m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries ratings distribution

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
5 stars Hello, this is a true gothic-metal!!!...This cd is a MASTERPIECE of this genre!!!... All totaly music is perfect, the female voices, choirs, all atmospheres. Occasionally there are gruff vocals, which may inspire the attribution of "Death Metal." I love this band! If you like LACRIMOSA or\and THERION you will definitely love this band. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thank HAGGARD...!

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#26694) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 04, 2004

Review by Peter
2 stars I hesitated to write this review, because the CD was a gift, and I don't share the giver's high opinion of the content. They say one should "never look a gift horse in the mouth," but I did promise to review this album, so here goes....

First of all, this is a very ambitious project by a unique band. Haggard is composed of a metal band at its core, and is fleshed out by a classical/medieval ensemble. There are 20 members in all, not including guest musicians and choir! (Like ELP's overblown WORKS tour, this outfit must have quite the operating budget!) The concept behind AWAKING THE CENTURIES is the prophecy of the 16th-Century "seer" Nostradamus, and the juxtaposition here of metal and medieval music is not without merit. When the kettledrums and chainsaw guitars come thundering in on the pretty instrumental efforts of the "orchestra," the result fits well enough within the bounds of "prog."

What I really don't like about this disc, however, is that the bulk of the vocals are delivered by a guy (with a thick German accent -- that's not normally a problem for me) who is deliberately trying to sound like a demon (imagine Regan from "The Exorcist" in full possession-mode, or "Animal" from the Muppets at his most ornery). I suppose the effect is meant to be powerful and chilling, but for me it's just silly and irritating. (OK pal, I know you're not really a demon. Could you please stop ruining the songs, and either just sing in your real voice, or keep quiet?) Don't get me wrong -- there is some lovely music here. But of twelve tracks, six of the longest ones either feature the Hellish vocals, or are marred by histrionic narration atop the music. Hmmm, that leaves exactly 6 minutes 39 seconds of nice classical/medieval/choral music that I can get into -- why don't I just play one of my actual classical or medieval CDs instead?

This may well appeal to the tastes of some younger/angry listeners, but it's certainly not my "cup of chai." There's plenty of brutality and ugliness in this world already, and I can easily see it on the TV news; I don't need it to be oozing from my stereo speakers as well. (When I want to hear music about Nostradamus, I'll stick to Al Stewart's excellent song.) I crave more beauty and majesty in my progressive rock, and I'm only willing to wade through so much ugliness to experience it. There's simply too much of the latter, and not enough of the former, to make me give this album more than a two-star rating. Grow up, lose the "demon" and try some singing next time, Haggard, and make the great album that I know you can make!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#26695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Review by Marcelo
4 stars After the original "And Thou Shall Trust... the Seer", Haggard repeat his formula. Now, the impact isn't so strong because this album already haven't the originality founded in their previous work: it's like the second part of that. Perhaps, the little difference lies in the predominant baroque tunes over the medieval feeling, but we find again the pretty classical melodies mixtured with heavy moments, once again the growling male voice fighting with the beauty female, etc. Exactly the same vein, yes, and -what important!- the same high quality too. There's nothing new but, however, this is another brilliant album and, of course, deserves the same recommendation.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#26696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Like their previous work this album is a concept one about Nostradamus' life and prophecies. Not much has changed in the presented music style here which is 16th century music combined with gothic/death metal. Certainly the way Haggard accomplish this blend by using a full classical ensemble comprising of 20 musicians/vocalists has to be called quite unique and actually I'm not aware of any other band that could be compared to them. On the other hand that goes without saying is this high-contrast style using grunt vocals next to beautiful classical tunes of cellos, violins, clarinet, oboe and so on for sure not everybody's "cup of tea". I can imagine that this band cannot offer much enjoyable for people who are mainly into "conventional" Prog and favouring sheer beauty and harmony. But I've to say that I don't have a particular problem with the (admittedly) quite "awful" male vocals which might predominate here a bit more than on their first one since I prefer contrasts in my Prog. If they would be replaced by "normal" ones Haggard would sound quite similar to any other symphonic Prog or Neo-Prog band and then they would certainly lose attraction for me and the rest of their other fans. In addition to the first part of this concept they're making use here of a full classical choir. Lyrics (partly as narrations) are in three languages: Latin, German and English. Thus some people being only familiar with the latter one might have problems to follow them. In my view Haggard managed here very well to reflect life and music of this era garmented with a modern "metallic" sound and therefore I think this work deserves a rating of 4 stars. Not because it should be considered essential in Prog generally but because it should be appreciated as an excellent effort. Recommended to anyone with an open mind who doesn't mind some "hellish" sounding vocals.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#94997) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars As I wrote for their debut ""And Thou Shall Trust...", the most difficult achievement would be a confirmation of their talent. Their first album was rather innovative (at least I felt so) and mixed unmixable musical genres: from heavy metal to classic.

This one is no other. But the surprise is no longer the same. On top of this, there are too much choir on this one. The whole album sounds also over produced: to try to sound "rich" is not always the best you can handle. This work is a succession of short and uninspired songs till the title track takes place: " Awaking The Centuries" which is the sixth song featured...

But it is too much of a growling affair to my taste. The combination with short classical passages is not working very well, and the whole just collapses IMHHO. The first song which I could depict on par with their debut is "In A Fullmoon Procession" because it holds melodic female vocals, some medieval fantasy but it ends in some chaotic growling unfortunately.

Unlike their first release, the vocals are weak here: lots of growling while these ones were reduced to a background feature. I am NOT a fan of this type of "experiment". Six tracks out of twelve lasts for less than two minutes and are quite useless. Most of them do hold the "press next" attribute.

This is not a good album. I really wonder what went through their mind after their very good debut. This one sounds as a (bad) joke really. No fun at all. Uninventive. In one word: boring to death and somewhat painful for my ears.

"Awaking The Centuries" is quite a huge deception as far as I'm concerned. From a very creative start, the band quickly showed his limits. Let's hope that they'll wake up in future albums. This one rates quite low on my scale. From three out of ten, I'll upgrade it to two stars but no more.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248407) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

3 stars I agree with most of the comments which the previous reviewer, Peter Rideout, left about "Awaking The Centuries". Judging from their music and the professionally-made website www.haggard.de, HAGGARD is a very ambitious project indeed. Many of the band members play classical acoustic instrument ... (read more)

Report this review (#26697) | Posted by | Sunday, September 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Awaking the Centuries"