AWAKING THE CENTURIES

Haggard

Haggard Awaking the Centuries album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Rachmaninov: Choir (0:37)
2. Pestilencia (1:53)
3. Heavenly Damnation (2:58)
4. The Final Victory (3:35)
5. Saltorella La Manuelina (0:56)
6. Awaking The Centuries (9:33)
7. Statement zur Lage der Musica (1:18)
8. In A Fullmoon Procession (5:17)
9. Menuett (1:19)
10. (I) Prophecy Fulfilled / (II) And The Dark Night Entered (6:22)
11. Courante (1:11)
12. Rachmaninov: Choir (2:31)

Search HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries lyrics

- Ilka Mende / violin
- Fabian Schwarz / acoustic guitar
- New Moscow Radio Choir / chorus

Cd. Drakkar Records 007 / Cd. BGM Records 74321 72819

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
COUNTRY CD" (300) "MERLE HAGGARD--COUNTRY PRIDE" # CDL-57420 CEMA RECORDS US $1.95 [0 bids]
39m 6s
COUNTRY CD" (299) "GEORGE JONES & MERLE HAGGARD--DOUBLE BARREL COUNTRY US $1.95 [0 bids]
39m 7s
COUNTRY CD" (307) "MERLE HAGGARD 12 # 1 HITS VOL 2" # 08922 PLATINUM RECORDS US $1.95 [0 bids]
39m 7s
MERLE HAGGARD "RAINBOW STEW LIVE" MCA RECORDS MCA-5216 EX/EX US $8.00 Buy It Now 45m 46s
MERLE HAGGARD "INTRODUCING MY FRIENDS THE STRANGERS" CAPITOL RECORD VG+/EX US $9.00 Buy It Now 52m 17s
MERLE HAGGARD-RAINBOW STEW JUKE BOX TITLE STRIP US $1.25 Buy It Now 58m 22s
MERLE HAGGARD "SONGS I'LL ALWAYS SING" CAPITOL RECORDS SABB-11531 2-LP's EX/EX US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson - Poncho & Lefty (Epic AL37958) US $9.50 Buy It Now 1h 30m
PLATOON-Merle Haggard-ARETHA FRANKLIN-Otis Redding-TAPE US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 31m
20 8-Track Tapes Country Ricky Skaggs/Jonhhy Cash/Karen Brooks/Merle Haggard US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
MERLE HAGGARD America First 3-track PROMO CD SINGLE C1 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Capitol Records,Merle Haggard & the Strangers,It's Not Love,1972, Jukebox,45 RPM US $5.49 [0 bids]
Elektra Records,Merle Haggard & Clint Eastwood, Bar Room Buddies, Jukebox,45 RPM US $3.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD natural high 7" CS EX/EX uk epic US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 57m
MERLE HAGGARD jesus take a hold 7" CS EX/EX usa capitol US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 57m
MERLE HAGGARD let's chase each other around the room 7" US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 58m
MERLE HAGGARD if we make it through december 7" demo CS EX/EX US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD five o one 5:01 blues 7" CS EX/EX usa epic US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD from graceland to the promised land 7" CS EX/EX US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD rainbow stew 7" WS EX/ usa mca US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h
MERLE HAGGARD songs i'll always sing CAPSP 101 uk capitol DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 2h 6m
MERLE HAGGARD - LIVE FROM AUSTIN TX `85 - NW6245 US $21.31 Buy It Now 2h 8m
MERLE HAGGARD - 20 HITS VOL 2 NEW CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Merle Haggard Out Among the Stars SEALED LP vinyl record 1986 US $14.59 Buy It Now 2h 31m
MERLE HAGGARD - The Great ... Sings - N Mint LP Record US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 33m
MERLE HAGGARD & THE STRANGERS: The Land Of Many Churches LP (2 LPs, w/ Bonnie O US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Haggard,Merle - Original Album Classics [CD New] US $12.63 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Merle Haggard - Hits [CD New] US $11.22 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Haggard,Merle - Legend Of Bonnie & Clyde/Pride In What I Am [CD New] US $19.36 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Haggard,Merle - Complete 60's Capitol Singles [CD New] US $14.34 Buy It Now 2h 40m
NELSON willie/duet haggard parton jones jennings TAPE US $4.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD 2 cd SET Strangers/Country Legend NICE Greatest Hits US $12.51 Buy It Now 3h 6m
WILLIE NELSON, MERLE HAGGARD, RAY PRICE Last Of The Breed 2007 2-CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of Country Live Wynette Rich Tucker West Haggard New Free USA Ship US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Merle Haggard Country legend 3 CD Set US $14.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS My Love Affair With Trains LP NM- NM- US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 40m
MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS Someday We'll Look Back LP NM- NM- US $9.50 Buy It Now 3h 40m
If I Could Only Fly by Merle Haggard CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 45m
MERLE HAGGARD - 20 #1 HITS NEW CD US $15.11 Buy It Now 3h 52m
MERLE HAGGARD - SUPER HITS 2 NEW CD US $11.27 Buy It Now 3h 54m
MERLE HAGGARD MAMA TRIED / YOU'LL NEVER LOVE ME 45 RECORD w/Picture Sleeve US $3.00 [0 bids]
4h
Merle Haggard Vintage Collections CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
MERLE HAGGARD "ELEVEN WINNERS" CASSETTE 1978 capitol US $4.50 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Merle Haggard - The Very Best Of - 2 CD Set US $8.30 [0 bids]
Merle haggard-Import-mca-His best sealed US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Merle haggard-mCa-190 proof-Sealed US $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Merle Haggard Capitol Rarities vinyl NEW 10 Inch RSD 2012 Black Friday US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Seashores of Old Mexico, Nelson, Willie, Haggard, Merle, New US $6.55 Buy It Now 5h 2m
MERLE HAGGARD - SWINGING DOORS - NEAR MINT PROMO MONO CAPITOL RECORD 1966 US $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 11m
MERLE HAGGARD**CAPITOL RARITIES (10 INCH)**VINYL US $8.91 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Merle Haggard CD - Roots Volume 1 (Honky Tonkin', If You've Got The Money) New US $3.49 Buy It Now 5h 16m
A Taste of Yesterday's Wine by Merle Haggard & George Jones Cassette New1982 US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
MERLE HAGGARD Out Among Stars/A Friend in California US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 26m
JAY HAGGARD TOM CAT V-PLAYS VG+ SOME NOISE,I WILL ASK ,I WILL PLEAD ,PLAYSVG US $42.99 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Merle Haggard - It's Not Love But It's Not Bad / My Woman Keeps Lovin' 1972 VG+ US $1.79 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Merle Haggard - Rainbow Stew Sealed lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
COUNTRY CLASSICS CD VOL2 HAGGARD JONES WYNETTE EXILE SKAGGS VAN SHELTON MCDOWELL US $2.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Merle Haggard - Everybody's Had The Blues / Nobody Knows I'm Hurtin' 45 1973 US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee (Anniversary Edition) [CD New] US $19.22 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Merle Haggard - Kentucky Gambler / I've Got A Darlin' For A Wife 45 1974 US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Merle Haggard & Clint Eastwood - Bar Room Buddies 45 1980 US $1.39 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Merle Haggard Hag LP Capitol ST-735 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Merle Haggard & Clint Eastwood Country record for your 45rpm jukebox Bar Room US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox The Fightin' Side Of Me / US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Merle Haggard & Leona Williams - We're Strangers Again / Sally Let 45 1983 VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 5h 53m
45 RECORD MERLE HAGGARD, LEONA WILLIAMS: I'M GETTIN' HIGH US $2.23 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox Hungry Eyes / Workin' Man US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox I Think I'll Just Stay Her US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox I Think I'm Gonna Live For US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Merle Haggard - The Way I Am / Wake Up 45 1980 US $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox I'm Always On a Mountain W US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Merle Haggard - It's Been A Great Afternoon / Love Me When You Can 45 1978 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox No Reason To Quit / Jesus US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Merle Haggard - From Graceland To The Promised Land 45 1977 Elvis Presley VG+ US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Merle Haggard - If We're Not Back In Love By Monday / I Think It's Gone 45 1977 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox Ramblin' Fever / When My B US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Merle Haggard Country record for your 45rpm jukebox Swingin' Doors / The Girl US $3.00 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Merle Haggard - I'm Always On A Mountain When I Fall 45 1978 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Marty Haggard / Trains Make Me Lonesome & By The Dawn's Early Light / 7" 45 rpm US $3.89 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Music CD- MERLE HAGGARD.."The Legendary" US $3.79 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Live at Billy Bob's Texas: Ol' Country Singer by Merle Haggard 2004 Smith Ent US $9.34 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Merle Haggard - Broken Friend / Wouldn't That Be Something 45 1989 VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Merle Haggard - Let's Chase Each Other Around The Room 45 1984 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
MERLE HAGGARD Santa Claus And Popcorn CAPITOL 45 3989 EXCELLENT US $19.00 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Merle Haggard LP Album "Let Me Tell You About A Song" Capital ST 882 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard LP Album "A Portrait of" Capital ST319 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard LP Album " The Way It was In 51" Capital SW11839 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard LP Album "A Working Man Can't Get Nowhere Today" Capital ST11693 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Someday When Things Are Good / If You Hated Me 45 1983 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
ERNEST TUBB'S SPECIAL GUESTS COUNTRY HEROS & ICONS WAYLON JONES MERLE HAGGARD US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 26m
300 COUNTRY CD LOT Merle Haggard,Lonestar,Kenny Chesney,Brooks&Dunn,Conway+ NEW US $299.99 Buy It Now 6h 26m
MERLE HAGGARD THE EMPTIEST ARMS IN THE WORLD PROMO 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIP US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Live at Billy Bob's Texas by Merle Haggard 1999 Smith Music Group US $6.34 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Merle Haggard - A Better Love Next Time / Losin' In Las Vegas 45 1989 VG+ US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
His Greatest & His Best by Merle Haggard (CD, 1985, MCA MADE IN USA) US $10.34 Buy It Now 6h 30m
MERLE HAGGARD - AMERICAN WALTZ / same Epic 05734 unplayed Near Mint US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Merle Haggard - I Had A Beautiful Time / This Time I Really Do 45 1985 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Haggard - Cash - Gilley GREATEST COUNTRY HITS 1981 LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Merle Haggard - A Friend In California / Mama's Prayers 45 1986 VG / VG+ US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Live at Billy Bob's Texas Merle Haggard by (CD, Jul-1999,Smith Music Group ) US $5.34 Buy It Now 6h 42m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries ratings distribution

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
5 stars Hello, this is a true gothic-metal!!!...This cd is a MASTERPIECE of this genre!!!... All totaly music is perfect, the female voices, choirs, all atmospheres. Occasionally there are gruff vocals, which may inspire the attribution of "Death Metal." I love this band! If you like LACRIMOSA or\and THERION you will definitely love this band. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thank HAGGARD...!

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#26694) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 04, 2004

Review by Peter
2 stars I hesitated to write this review, because the CD was a gift, and I don't share the giver's high opinion of the content. They say one should "never look a gift horse in the mouth," but I did promise to review this album, so here goes....

First of all, this is a very ambitious project by a unique band. Haggard is composed of a metal band at its core, and is fleshed out by a classical/medieval ensemble. There are 20 members in all, not including guest musicians and choir! (Like ELP's overblown WORKS tour, this outfit must have quite the operating budget!) The concept behind AWAKING THE CENTURIES is the prophecy of the 16th-Century "seer" Nostradamus, and the juxtaposition here of metal and medieval music is not without merit. When the kettledrums and chainsaw guitars come thundering in on the pretty instrumental efforts of the "orchestra," the result fits well enough within the bounds of "prog."

What I really don't like about this disc, however, is that the bulk of the vocals are delivered by a guy (with a thick German accent -- that's not normally a problem for me) who is deliberately trying to sound like a demon (imagine Regan from "The Exorcist" in full possession-mode, or "Animal" from the Muppets at his most ornery). I suppose the effect is meant to be powerful and chilling, but for me it's just silly and irritating. (OK pal, I know you're not really a demon. Could you please stop ruining the songs, and either just sing in your real voice, or keep quiet?) Don't get me wrong -- there is some lovely music here. But of twelve tracks, six of the longest ones either feature the Hellish vocals, or are marred by histrionic narration atop the music. Hmmm, that leaves exactly 6 minutes 39 seconds of nice classical/medieval/choral music that I can get into -- why don't I just play one of my actual classical or medieval CDs instead?

This may well appeal to the tastes of some younger/angry listeners, but it's certainly not my "cup of chai." There's plenty of brutality and ugliness in this world already, and I can easily see it on the TV news; I don't need it to be oozing from my stereo speakers as well. (When I want to hear music about Nostradamus, I'll stick to Al Stewart's excellent song.) I crave more beauty and majesty in my progressive rock, and I'm only willing to wade through so much ugliness to experience it. There's simply too much of the latter, and not enough of the former, to make me give this album more than a two-star rating. Grow up, lose the "demon" and try some singing next time, Haggard, and make the great album that I know you can make!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#26695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Review by Marcelo
4 stars After the original "And Thou Shall Trust... the Seer", Haggard repeat his formula. Now, the impact isn't so strong because this album already haven't the originality founded in their previous work: it's like the second part of that. Perhaps, the little difference lies in the predominant baroque tunes over the medieval feeling, but we find again the pretty classical melodies mixtured with heavy moments, once again the growling male voice fighting with the beauty female, etc. Exactly the same vein, yes, and -what important!- the same high quality too. There's nothing new but, however, this is another brilliant album and, of course, deserves the same recommendation.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#26696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Like their previous work this album is a concept one about Nostradamus' life and prophecies. Not much has changed in the presented music style here which is 16th century music combined with gothic/death metal. Certainly the way Haggard accomplish this blend by using a full classical ensemble comprising of 20 musicians/vocalists has to be called quite unique and actually I'm not aware of any other band that could be compared to them. On the other hand that goes without saying is this high-contrast style using grunt vocals next to beautiful classical tunes of cellos, violins, clarinet, oboe and so on for sure not everybody's "cup of tea". I can imagine that this band cannot offer much enjoyable for people who are mainly into "conventional" Prog and favouring sheer beauty and harmony. But I've to say that I don't have a particular problem with the (admittedly) quite "awful" male vocals which might predominate here a bit more than on their first one since I prefer contrasts in my Prog. If they would be replaced by "normal" ones Haggard would sound quite similar to any other symphonic Prog or Neo-Prog band and then they would certainly lose attraction for me and the rest of their other fans. In addition to the first part of this concept they're making use here of a full classical choir. Lyrics (partly as narrations) are in three languages: Latin, German and English. Thus some people being only familiar with the latter one might have problems to follow them. In my view Haggard managed here very well to reflect life and music of this era garmented with a modern "metallic" sound and therefore I think this work deserves a rating of 4 stars. Not because it should be considered essential in Prog generally but because it should be appreciated as an excellent effort. Recommended to anyone with an open mind who doesn't mind some "hellish" sounding vocals.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#94997) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars As I wrote for their debut ""And Thou Shall Trust...", the most difficult achievement would be a confirmation of their talent. Their first album was rather innovative (at least I felt so) and mixed unmixable musical genres: from heavy metal to classic.

This one is no other. But the surprise is no longer the same. On top of this, there are too much choir on this one. The whole album sounds also over produced: to try to sound "rich" is not always the best you can handle. This work is a succession of short and uninspired songs till the title track takes place: " Awaking The Centuries" which is the sixth song featured...

But it is too much of a growling affair to my taste. The combination with short classical passages is not working very well, and the whole just collapses IMHHO. The first song which I could depict on par with their debut is "In A Fullmoon Procession" because it holds melodic female vocals, some medieval fantasy but it ends in some chaotic growling unfortunately.

Unlike their first release, the vocals are weak here: lots of growling while these ones were reduced to a background feature. I am NOT a fan of this type of "experiment". Six tracks out of twelve lasts for less than two minutes and are quite useless. Most of them do hold the "press next" attribute.

This is not a good album. I really wonder what went through their mind after their very good debut. This one sounds as a (bad) joke really. No fun at all. Uninventive. In one word: boring to death and somewhat painful for my ears.

"Awaking The Centuries" is quite a huge deception as far as I'm concerned. From a very creative start, the band quickly showed his limits. Let's hope that they'll wake up in future albums. This one rates quite low on my scale. From three out of ten, I'll upgrade it to two stars but no more.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248407) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

3 stars I agree with most of the comments which the previous reviewer, Peter Rideout, left about "Awaking The Centuries". Judging from their music and the professionally-made website www.haggard.de, HAGGARD is a very ambitious project indeed. Many of the band members play classical acoustic instrument ... (read more)

Report this review (#26697) | Posted by | Sunday, September 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Awaking the Centuries"