AWAKING THE CENTURIES

Haggard

Haggard Awaking the Centuries album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Rachmaninov: Choir (0:37)
2. Pestilencia (1:53)
3. Heavenly Damnation (2:58)
4. The Final Victory (3:35)
5. Saltorella La Manuelina (0:56)
6. Awaking The Centuries (9:33)
7. Statement zur Lage der Musica (1:18)
8. In A Fullmoon Procession (5:17)
9. Menuett (1:19)
10. (I) Prophecy Fulfilled / (II) And The Dark Night Entered (6:22)
11. Courante (1:11)
12. Rachmaninov: Choir (2:31)

Search HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries lyrics

- Ilka Mende / violin
- Fabian Schwarz / acoustic guitar
- New Moscow Radio Choir / chorus

Cd. Drakkar Records 007 / Cd. BGM Records 74321 72819

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
MERLE HAGGARD - ALWAYS WANTING YOU: THE BEST OF THE BALLADS - NEW CD US $7.39 Buy It Now 59m 35s
George Jones/Merle Haggard 45 C.C. Waterback "PROMO COPY" 1982 #34-03405 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
MERLE HAGGARD "THE FIGHTIN' SIDE OF ME/EVERY FOOL HAS A RAINBOW" CAPITOL 2719 US $0.25 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard/ Same Train Different Time/ Gatefold Double LPSWBB-223 US $5.99 [0 bids]
MERRLE HAGGARD & THE STRANGERS "KEEP MOVIN' ON" 1975 8-TRACK TAPE CAPITOL 511365 US $0.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON "PONCHO & LEFTY" CBS Records 37958 CASSETTE TAPE US $0.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD "10 TOP 10'S LIVE" DVD & CD 2006 FACTORY SEALED NEW US $2.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS "ELEVEN WINNERS" 8 TRACK US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 29m
MERLE HAGGARD CHILL FACTOR LP RECORD ALBUM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Bing Crosby, Merle Haggard, Vince Gill Original Recordings Christmas Hits CD New US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
A Taste of Yesterday's Wine by Merle Haggard (CD, Jun-2003, Sony Music... US $13.98 Buy It Now 2h 18m
NEW - Sing Me Back Home by Haggard, Merle US $3.74 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Merle Haggard - HAG lp ST-735 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Country Outlaws by Merle Haggard/Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson (CD, Mar-2010,... US $8.47 Buy It Now 2h 33m
MERLE HAGGARD eleven winners LP Mint- ST-11745 Vinyl 1978 Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Mama Tried/Pride In What I Am - Merle Haggard - Audio CD - Good Condition US $10.83 Buy It Now 3h 17m
merle haggard greatest hits of the 80's CD FAST POST NEW NOT SEALED US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON CASSETTES US $1.99 [0 bids]
HAGGARD, MERLE-OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE CD NEW US $7.85 Buy It Now 4h 4m
HAGGARD, MERLE-OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE ( CD NEW US $8.38 Buy It Now 4h 5m
HAGGARD,MERLE-BACK TO THE BARROOMS CD NEW US $7.16 Buy It Now 4h 5m
HAGGARD,MERLE-SERVING 190 PROOF CD NEW US $7.16 Buy It Now 4h 5m
MERLE HAGGARD-RAINBOW STEW CD NEW US $7.36 Buy It Now 4h 5m
HAGGARD,MERLE-WHAT A FRIEND WE HAV CD NEW US $7.16 Buy It Now 4h 5m
HAGGARD Eppur Si Mouve CD + DVD Digipak Bonus Tracks US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard (Time-Life Legendary Country Singers) W/ Bonus Track US $11.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD BAKERFIELD'S FINEST! THE BEST OF THE BEST US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
KARAOKE DISC KJ TOOLS VOLUME 6 - CLINE, BROOKS, WILLIE, TRAVIS, TWITTY, HAGGARD US $2.95 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS Swinging Doors and the Bottle VINYL RECORD NEW! US $19.98 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee Vinyl Record 1969 US $8.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard NM 2 CD Set For The Record 43 Legendary Hits US $20.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
MERLE HAGGARD Country Pride CD 1991 Country US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
The Essential Willie Nelson/2 cd new/41 tks/Johnny Cash/U2/Merle Haggard US $12.49 Buy It Now 4h 53m
merle haggard - i'm always on a mountain when i fall - 7" vinyl - country music US $13.69 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Merle Haggard Epic Promo 45 Record #05659 NM Amber Waves Of Grain US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
8 - TRACK TAPE LOT,OUTLAW COUNTRY,WAYLON JENNINGS,MERLE HAGGARD.1972-1974 US $8.00 [0 bids]
Portrait of Merle Haggard/Keep Movin' On by Merle Haggard & the Strangers... US $14.13 Buy It Now 5h 13m
(lot of 4) Merle Haggard - LP record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Okie from Muskogee [King Compilation] [Remaster] by Merle Haggard (CD,... US $3.49 Buy It Now 5h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD / STRANGERS - PORTRAIT OF MERLE HAGGARD / KEEP MOVIN ON NEW CD US $29.44 Buy It Now 5h 23m
merle haggard - it's been a great afternoon - 7" vinyl single - country music US $13.69 Buy It Now 5h 30m
George Jones & Merle Haggard 7" Picture Disc Record "C.C. Waterback" Near Mint US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h
MERLE HAGGARD If We Make It Through Dec./ Bobby Wants A Puppy Dog 4 X-mas 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON Poncho & Lefty EPIC LABEL LP US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Merle Haggard VERY BEST OF 48 Track NEW SEALED 2 CD US $10.99 [0 bids]
8 Track Tapes Country Merle Haggard, Statler Brothers, Mac Davis, various US $1.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - NUMBER ONE SONGS - NEW CD US $5.54 Buy It Now 6h 30m
MERLE HAGGARD - HAG/LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A SONG - NEW CD US $13.92 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Capitol MERLE HAGGARD SOLDIER'S LAST LETTER The Farmers Daughter 45 RPM US $3.95 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Haggard,Merle - Original Album Classics [CD New] US $14.57 Buy It Now 6h 50m
MERLE HAGGARD & THE - OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE [CAPITOL SPECIAL MARKETS - NEW CD US $3.16 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Haggard,Merle - Fightin' Side Of Me [CD New] US $6.65 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Haggard,Merle - Super Hit Set 34 Songs [CD New] US $23.30 Buy It Now 6h 58m
2 record set Country music songs 33 RPM Campbell Haggard Owens Jackson Husky etc US $2.95 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 45 Sing Me Back Home/Good Times Capital Label US $1.00 [7 bids]
Merle Haggard "Legend Of Bonnie & Clyde" 45 RPM US $1.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - THE LEGEND OF BONNIE & CLYDE/PRIDE IN WHAT I AM - NEW CD US $13.73 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Merle Haggard Vinyl LP Collection - 5 Albums - Outlaw Country Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Definitive Collection (2007) - New - Compact Disc US $11.57 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Haggard - Eppur Si Muove CD $11.95 Death Metal US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Country Stars Vol 2 Original Artists 15 songs Fender Tubb Haggard Wms Owens Jone US $1.99 [0 bids]
Best Of Merle Haggard US $14.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Big City / I Think I'm Gonna Live Forever (VG) 1981 53 US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 57m
MERLE HAGGARD 2CD PROMO LOT, Hag - The Best of + Hag / Someday We'll Look Back US $5.00 [0 bids]
8h
HAGGARD,MERLE-DEFINITIVE COLLCTION CD NEW US $15.39 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Merle Haggard- Big City / Think I'm Gonna Live Forever-45rpm US $0.99 [0 bids]
Merle haggard and the strangers hag. Vinyl US $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Twelve #1 Hits, Vol. 2 - Merle Haggard cd US $3.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM Soundwaves Vic Chandler Today I Started Loving You a Merle Haggard hit US $3.00 [0 bids]
New/Sealed RARE(CD, Feb-1996, King) GEORGE JONES and MERLE HAGGARD US $5.95 Buy It Now 8h 50m
45 RPM Gusto D J phonograph record Arthur Prysock sings a Merle Haggard song US $3.00 [0 bids]
EARLY MERLE HAGGARD PLEASE MR. DJ TALLY LABEL BAKERSFIELD CA 45 RPM US $14.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard "Almost Persuaded / Love Don't Hurt Everytime" 45RPM 7" Single US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
MERLE HAGGARD ~ Lot of Vintage 45 RPM Singles ~ Starline & Capitol Records US $12.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard [2xLP] Same Train, A Different Time *Stereo* (TAIWAN) *VG* (RARE) US $19.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD, CD "17 NUMBER 1's" NEW SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Chill Factor by Merle Haggard (Cassette, Epic (USA)) US $6.25 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Merle Haggard 2 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Merle Haggard 2 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Merle Haggard 3 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Merle Haggard 3 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Merle Haggard 4 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Merle Haggard 4 Guitar Acoustic iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
MERLE HAGGARD Capitol Starline 45 SWINGING DOORS / THE GIRL TURNED RIPE 6113 VG US $1.50 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD & TOMMY COLLINS, CD "ROOTS OF MY RAISING" NEW SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
HAGGARD_MILSAP ~Bronco Billy Soundtrack~ 1980 LP VG+/M- US $10.98 Buy It Now 9h 56m
HAGGARD - Awaking the Centuries +bonus track US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h
MERLE HAGGARD - RED BANDANA - 45rpm US $1.25 [0 bids]
10h
MERLE HAGGARD OUT AMONG THE STARS LP 492 US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Merle haggard guitar acoustic guaranteed t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries ratings distribution

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
5 stars Hello, this is a true gothic-metal!!!...This cd is a MASTERPIECE of this genre!!!... All totaly music is perfect, the female voices, choirs, all atmospheres. Occasionally there are gruff vocals, which may inspire the attribution of "Death Metal." I love this band! If you like LACRIMOSA or\and THERION you will definitely love this band. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thank HAGGARD...!

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#26694) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 04, 2004

Review by Peter
2 stars I hesitated to write this review, because the CD was a gift, and I don't share the giver's high opinion of the content. They say one should "never look a gift horse in the mouth," but I did promise to review this album, so here goes....

First of all, this is a very ambitious project by a unique band. Haggard is composed of a metal band at its core, and is fleshed out by a classical/medieval ensemble. There are 20 members in all, not including guest musicians and choir! (Like ELP's overblown WORKS tour, this outfit must have quite the operating budget!) The concept behind AWAKING THE CENTURIES is the prophecy of the 16th-Century "seer" Nostradamus, and the juxtaposition here of metal and medieval music is not without merit. When the kettledrums and chainsaw guitars come thundering in on the pretty instrumental efforts of the "orchestra," the result fits well enough within the bounds of "prog."

What I really don't like about this disc, however, is that the bulk of the vocals are delivered by a guy (with a thick German accent -- that's not normally a problem for me) who is deliberately trying to sound like a demon (imagine Regan from "The Exorcist" in full possession-mode, or "Animal" from the Muppets at his most ornery). I suppose the effect is meant to be powerful and chilling, but for me it's just silly and irritating. (OK pal, I know you're not really a demon. Could you please stop ruining the songs, and either just sing in your real voice, or keep quiet?) Don't get me wrong -- there is some lovely music here. But of twelve tracks, six of the longest ones either feature the Hellish vocals, or are marred by histrionic narration atop the music. Hmmm, that leaves exactly 6 minutes 39 seconds of nice classical/medieval/choral music that I can get into -- why don't I just play one of my actual classical or medieval CDs instead?

This may well appeal to the tastes of some younger/angry listeners, but it's certainly not my "cup of chai." There's plenty of brutality and ugliness in this world already, and I can easily see it on the TV news; I don't need it to be oozing from my stereo speakers as well. (When I want to hear music about Nostradamus, I'll stick to Al Stewart's excellent song.) I crave more beauty and majesty in my progressive rock, and I'm only willing to wade through so much ugliness to experience it. There's simply too much of the latter, and not enough of the former, to make me give this album more than a two-star rating. Grow up, lose the "demon" and try some singing next time, Haggard, and make the great album that I know you can make!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#26695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Review by Marcelo
4 stars After the original "And Thou Shall Trust... the Seer", Haggard repeat his formula. Now, the impact isn't so strong because this album already haven't the originality founded in their previous work: it's like the second part of that. Perhaps, the little difference lies in the predominant baroque tunes over the medieval feeling, but we find again the pretty classical melodies mixtured with heavy moments, once again the growling male voice fighting with the beauty female, etc. Exactly the same vein, yes, and -what important!- the same high quality too. There's nothing new but, however, this is another brilliant album and, of course, deserves the same recommendation.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#26696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Like their previous work this album is a concept one about Nostradamus' life and prophecies. Not much has changed in the presented music style here which is 16th century music combined with gothic/death metal. Certainly the way Haggard accomplish this blend by using a full classical ensemble comprising of 20 musicians/vocalists has to be called quite unique and actually I'm not aware of any other band that could be compared to them. On the other hand that goes without saying is this high-contrast style using grunt vocals next to beautiful classical tunes of cellos, violins, clarinet, oboe and so on for sure not everybody's "cup of tea". I can imagine that this band cannot offer much enjoyable for people who are mainly into "conventional" Prog and favouring sheer beauty and harmony. But I've to say that I don't have a particular problem with the (admittedly) quite "awful" male vocals which might predominate here a bit more than on their first one since I prefer contrasts in my Prog. If they would be replaced by "normal" ones Haggard would sound quite similar to any other symphonic Prog or Neo-Prog band and then they would certainly lose attraction for me and the rest of their other fans. In addition to the first part of this concept they're making use here of a full classical choir. Lyrics (partly as narrations) are in three languages: Latin, German and English. Thus some people being only familiar with the latter one might have problems to follow them. In my view Haggard managed here very well to reflect life and music of this era garmented with a modern "metallic" sound and therefore I think this work deserves a rating of 4 stars. Not because it should be considered essential in Prog generally but because it should be appreciated as an excellent effort. Recommended to anyone with an open mind who doesn't mind some "hellish" sounding vocals.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#94997) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars As I wrote for their debut ""And Thou Shall Trust...", the most difficult achievement would be a confirmation of their talent. Their first album was rather innovative (at least I felt so) and mixed unmixable musical genres: from heavy metal to classic.

This one is no other. But the surprise is no longer the same. On top of this, there are too much choir on this one. The whole album sounds also over produced: to try to sound "rich" is not always the best you can handle. This work is a succession of short and uninspired songs till the title track takes place: " Awaking The Centuries" which is the sixth song featured...

But it is too much of a growling affair to my taste. The combination with short classical passages is not working very well, and the whole just collapses IMHHO. The first song which I could depict on par with their debut is "In A Fullmoon Procession" because it holds melodic female vocals, some medieval fantasy but it ends in some chaotic growling unfortunately.

Unlike their first release, the vocals are weak here: lots of growling while these ones were reduced to a background feature. I am NOT a fan of this type of "experiment". Six tracks out of twelve lasts for less than two minutes and are quite useless. Most of them do hold the "press next" attribute.

This is not a good album. I really wonder what went through their mind after their very good debut. This one sounds as a (bad) joke really. No fun at all. Uninventive. In one word: boring to death and somewhat painful for my ears.

"Awaking The Centuries" is quite a huge deception as far as I'm concerned. From a very creative start, the band quickly showed his limits. Let's hope that they'll wake up in future albums. This one rates quite low on my scale. From three out of ten, I'll upgrade it to two stars but no more.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248407) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

3 stars I agree with most of the comments which the previous reviewer, Peter Rideout, left about "Awaking The Centuries". Judging from their music and the professionally-made website www.haggard.de, HAGGARD is a very ambitious project indeed. Many of the band members play classical acoustic instrument ... (read more)

Report this review (#26697) | Posted by | Sunday, September 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Awaking the Centuries"