AWAKING THE CENTURIES

Haggard

Haggard Awaking the Centuries album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Rachmaninov: Choir (0:37)
2. Pestilencia (1:53)
3. Heavenly Damnation (2:58)
4. The Final Victory (3:35)
5. Saltorella La Manuelina (0:56)
6. Awaking The Centuries (9:33)
7. Statement zur Lage der Musica (1:18)
8. In A Fullmoon Procession (5:17)
9. Menuett (1:19)
10. (I) Prophecy Fulfilled / (II) And The Dark Night Entered (6:22)
11. Courante (1:11)
12. Rachmaninov: Choir (2:31)

Search HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries lyrics

- Ilka Mende / violin
- Fabian Schwarz / acoustic guitar
- New Moscow Radio Choir / chorus

Cd. Drakkar Records 007 / Cd. BGM Records 74321 72819

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
Goin' Home for Christmas by Merle Haggard (CD, Jul-2010, Epic (USA)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 38m 45s
Merle Haggard : Greatest Hits CD (1990) US $13.52 Buy It Now 1h 24m
MERLE HAGGARD (SING ME BACK HOME CD 1) US $3.95 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD ALBUM LOT OF 3 US $6.00 [1 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD ALBUM LOT OF 3 IF WE MAKE IT THROUGH DECEMBER, ETC US $6.00 [1 bids]
20 Hits, Vol. 1 by Merle Haggard (CD, Nov-1995, Curb) US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h
Old Loves Never Die by Merle Haggard (CD, Aug-2001, Bear Family Records... US $10.49 Buy It Now 2h 17m
RARE JAY HAGGARD "TOM CAT" ROCKABILLY HOLLAND 50'S 7' US $29.74 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Merle Haggard(Vinyl LP)The Fightin' Side Of Me-Capitol-E ST 451-UK-VG+/VG US $11.46 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Merle Haggard(Vinyl LP)A Tribute To The Best Damn Fiddle Player-Ex/Ex US $13.09 Buy It Now 2h 24m
MERLE HAGGARD HIS BEST CASSETTE TAPE LIGHTLY USED US $5.21 Buy It Now 2h 35m
MERLE HAGGARD HIS EPIC HITS: FIRST 11 BE CONTINUED CASSETTE TAPE LIGHTLY USED US $5.21 Buy It Now 2h 35m
MERLE HAGGARD-(LP)-MY FAREWELL TO ELVIS-FROM GRACELAND TO THE PROMISED LAND-1977 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 45 The Bottle Let Me Down US $0.49 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard promo 45 US $0.49 [0 bids]
His Greatest & His Best by Merle Haggard (CD, 1985, MCA MADE IN USA) US $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
KARAOKE DISC KJ TOOLS VOLUME 6 - CLINE, BROOKS, WILLIE, TRAVIS, TWITTY, HAGGARD US $3.95 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD Greatest Hits CD Brand New 10 Songs US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
His Epic Hits: First Eleven to Be Continued by Merle Haggard (Cassette, Sep-1984 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
MERLE HAGGARD - IF WE'RE NOT BACK IN LOVE BY MONDAY US $0.99 [0 bids]
4h
HAGGARD, Merle (Everybody's Had The Blues) Capitol3641 US $4.40 Buy It Now 4h 9m
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON~SEASHORES OF OLD MEXICO [Issued in the U.S.A.] US $4.92 [0 bids]
w PICTURE SLEEVE Merle Haggard Okie from Muskogee 1969 45rpm VG++ US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
MERLE HAGGARD - IF WERE NOT BACK IN LOVE BY MONDAY/I THINK IT'S GONE FOREVER - 4 US $0.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - LIVING WITH THE SHADES PULLED DOWN/IT'S ALL IN THE MOVIES - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard: Chill Factor LP NM Canada Epic FE 40986 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Merle Haggard: A Friend In California LP VG+/NM Canada US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Gretchen Wilson / All Jacked Up (LIKE NEW CD) Merle Haggard, John Rich, D. Hall US $2.69 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Vinyl Record Merel Haggard - I'm always on a mountain when I fall US $5.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - I think it's gone forever - 1977 US 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 4h 54m
MERLE HAGGARD - Missery & Gin - 1980 US 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 4h 56m
MERLE HAGGARD & GEORGE JONES - Yesterday's Wine - 80 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 4h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD - Are you lonesome tonight - 1977 US 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 5h
MERLE HAGGARD - Life of a rodeo cowboy - 1978 US 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Little Big Town Hunter Hayes Merle Haggard 2014 DJ CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
MERLE HAGGARD - It's all in the game - 1983 US 7" US $9.82 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Lot of 99 Jukebox 45s Country 70s-90s VG+-NM HAGGARD,REBA,GARTH BROOKS US $8.99 [1 bids]
SEALED COUNTRY USA COMPILATION LP K-TEL RECORDS 1986 MERLE HAGGARD ALABAMA US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
NEW TRADITION CD Merle Haggard AUSTIN Emmylou Harris Dwight Yoakam Hank Williams US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 12m
The best of Merle haggard 1972 /good vibrations mac davis, james brown,rod stewa US $5.50 [0 bids]
Lot of 3 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $14.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD SONGWRITER LP 492 US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
MERLE HAGGARD Things Aren't Funny Anymore b/w WLP 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Merle Haggard LP The Land Of Many Churches * Capitol 2 lp Set US $4.19 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 2 Lp's - Out Among the Stars and Chill Factor Epic Records US $4.50 [0 bids]
Merly Haggard Strangers Vinyl LP Record ST 2373 Capital Records US $10.00 [0 bids]
6h
Merle Haggard : Okie from Muskogee CD (2003) US $4.62 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Best of the Best of Merle Haggard - Vinyl Album Record - KT188 US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Merle Haggard ?- It's All In The Game US $4.49 Buy It Now 6h 11m
MERLE HAGGARD SOMEDAY WE'LL LOOK BACK WITH THE STRANGERS US $5.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD 8 TRACK "Okie From Muskogee" 197? TESTED US $7.46 Buy It Now 6h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD BAKERFIELD'S FINEST! IT'N NOT LOVE BUT IT'S NOT BAD RARE NRMT US $5.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD A PORTRAIT US $5.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD 8 TRACK: "It's All In the Movie" TESTED US $7.46 Buy It Now 6h 22m
MERLE HAGGARD 8 TRACK "30th Album" 1974 vg++ TESTED US $7.46 Buy It Now 6h 25m
MERLE HAGGARD LP "Epic Hits: First 11" 1985 US $6.97 Buy It Now 6h 26m
1994 MUSIC CD HITS by MERLE HAGGARD on DRIVE ARCHIVE # DE2-41056 COUNTRY 14-TRK US $5.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - 17 Number 1s [CD New] US $8.98 Buy It Now 6h 54m
3 - MERLE HAGGARD 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD US $6.99 [0 bids]
VERY NICE 8X10 OF WALLY FOWLER - LOIS JANE NEAL & MERLE HAGGARD IN EX CONDITION US $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 7m
MERLE HAGGARD-Hag-Country Male Vocal German Pressing VG++ Vinyl LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
MERLE HAGGARD-Let Me Tell You About a Song-Country German Pressing VG++ Vinyl LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
MERLE HAGGARD-A Portrait-Country Vocal British Pressing VG++ Vinyl LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
G.Jones M.Haggard J.Paycheck - Double Trouble / A Taste Of Yesterday's (NEW CD) US $15.14 Buy It Now 7h 15m
COUNTRY CROSSOVERS 8 TRACK Vol 2 Haggard~Rogers TESTED US $7.46 Buy It Now 7h 22m
TOBY KEITH - HONKY TONK UNIVERSITY CD ~ COUNTRY ( MERLE HAGGARD ) *NEW* US $12.20 Buy It Now 7h 23m
MERLE HAGGARD~STRANGERS 8 TRACK "11 Winners" NM TESTED US $7.46 Buy It Now 7h 26m
MERLE HAGGARD Pretty When It's New / I've Seen 2TRX PROMO CD single 2010 USA US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Mama's Hungry Eyes: Tribute to Merle Haggard by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1994, US $9.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - WORKIN' MAN BLUES (792014035528) - NEW CD US $5.73 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Merle Haggard ' s Getting to Know Strangers- Vinyl Record - Capitol Records US $2.00 Buy It Now 8h 19m
MERLE HAGGARD I'm Always On A Mountain When I Fall/It's Been A Great Afternoon US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson Pancho & Lefty Rarely Played No Scratches Mint US $10.49 [0 bids]
1 each MAMA'S HUNGARY EYES...A TRIBUTE TO MERLE HAGGARD Country Cassette US $3.49 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Rare Lot of 2 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $29.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard X 2 LP's Greatest Hits & W/ George Jones A Taste of Both PROMOS US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Branded Man - Merle Haggard - New Country CD US $10.49 Buy It Now 8h 50m
If I Could Only Fly -- Merle Haggard -- Country Music CD US $10.49 Buy It Now 8h 50m
Merle Haggard More Of The Best Rhino 1990 CD Very Rarely Played No Scratches US $10.49 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 1984 LP: IT'S ALL IN THE GAME" VG! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Christmas Welcome / 2 CD's & 1 DVD / willie / dolly / cash / haggard / daniels US $2.00 [0 bids]
Country Special 20 Classics Orig LP SEALED Cheesecake Buck Owens Merle Haggard US $24.95 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Merle Haggard The Very Best Of Capitol CD Very Rarely Played No Scratches US $10.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD WILLIE NELSON PONCHO AND LEFTY FE 37958 EPIC RECORD ALBUM COVER IN US $3.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD Same Train A Different Time US double LP 1969 Jimmie Rodgers US $5.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard-1978 magazine advert US $8.18 Buy It Now 9h 29m
MERLE HAGGARD GOING WHERE THE LONELY GO epic LP fe38092 US $1.25 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD * BROKEN FRIEND & WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING * 45 RPM US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Merle Haggard / Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star 45 rpm Promo Record Vinyl Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
16 Biggest Hits [Digipak] by Merle Haggard (CD, Mar-2009, Legacy) US $4.99 [0 bids]
10h
MERLE HAGGARD * NATURAL HIGH & KERN RIVER * 45 RPM US $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 5m
MERLE HAGGARD -WILLIE NELSON "PONCHO & LEFTY" 1982 LP SHRINK / PROMO US $12.25 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD LP - Keep Movin' On US $13.75 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD LP The Best Of - Capitol SKAO-2951 US $23.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Workin Man Blues [CD New] US $6.56 Buy It Now 10h 12m
MERLE HAGGARD LP - RAINBOW STEW Live at Anaheim US $11.75 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD Ramblin Fever MCA 1977 UK press FREE UK POST US $17.37 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Amber Waves of Grain by Merle Haggard (CD, 1985 Epic, Originsl issue US $22.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
MERLE HAGGARD LP - EPIC COLLECTION RECORDED LIVE US $12.75 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Jesus Take A Hold/No Reason To Quit 45 RPM Capitol Records US $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 39m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries ratings distribution

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
5 stars Hello, this is a true gothic-metal!!!...This cd is a MASTERPIECE of this genre!!!... All totaly music is perfect, the female voices, choirs, all atmospheres. Occasionally there are gruff vocals, which may inspire the attribution of "Death Metal." I love this band! If you like LACRIMOSA or\and THERION you will definitely love this band. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thank HAGGARD...!

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#26694) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 04, 2004

Review by Peter
2 stars I hesitated to write this review, because the CD was a gift, and I don't share the giver's high opinion of the content. They say one should "never look a gift horse in the mouth," but I did promise to review this album, so here goes....

First of all, this is a very ambitious project by a unique band. Haggard is composed of a metal band at its core, and is fleshed out by a classical/medieval ensemble. There are 20 members in all, not including guest musicians and choir! (Like ELP's overblown WORKS tour, this outfit must have quite the operating budget!) The concept behind AWAKING THE CENTURIES is the prophecy of the 16th-Century "seer" Nostradamus, and the juxtaposition here of metal and medieval music is not without merit. When the kettledrums and chainsaw guitars come thundering in on the pretty instrumental efforts of the "orchestra," the result fits well enough within the bounds of "prog."

What I really don't like about this disc, however, is that the bulk of the vocals are delivered by a guy (with a thick German accent -- that's not normally a problem for me) who is deliberately trying to sound like a demon (imagine Regan from "The Exorcist" in full possession-mode, or "Animal" from the Muppets at his most ornery). I suppose the effect is meant to be powerful and chilling, but for me it's just silly and irritating. (OK pal, I know you're not really a demon. Could you please stop ruining the songs, and either just sing in your real voice, or keep quiet?) Don't get me wrong -- there is some lovely music here. But of twelve tracks, six of the longest ones either feature the Hellish vocals, or are marred by histrionic narration atop the music. Hmmm, that leaves exactly 6 minutes 39 seconds of nice classical/medieval/choral music that I can get into -- why don't I just play one of my actual classical or medieval CDs instead?

This may well appeal to the tastes of some younger/angry listeners, but it's certainly not my "cup of chai." There's plenty of brutality and ugliness in this world already, and I can easily see it on the TV news; I don't need it to be oozing from my stereo speakers as well. (When I want to hear music about Nostradamus, I'll stick to Al Stewart's excellent song.) I crave more beauty and majesty in my progressive rock, and I'm only willing to wade through so much ugliness to experience it. There's simply too much of the latter, and not enough of the former, to make me give this album more than a two-star rating. Grow up, lose the "demon" and try some singing next time, Haggard, and make the great album that I know you can make!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#26695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Review by Marcelo
4 stars After the original "And Thou Shall Trust... the Seer", Haggard repeat his formula. Now, the impact isn't so strong because this album already haven't the originality founded in their previous work: it's like the second part of that. Perhaps, the little difference lies in the predominant baroque tunes over the medieval feeling, but we find again the pretty classical melodies mixtured with heavy moments, once again the growling male voice fighting with the beauty female, etc. Exactly the same vein, yes, and -what important!- the same high quality too. There's nothing new but, however, this is another brilliant album and, of course, deserves the same recommendation.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#26696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Like their previous work this album is a concept one about Nostradamus' life and prophecies. Not much has changed in the presented music style here which is 16th century music combined with gothic/death metal. Certainly the way Haggard accomplish this blend by using a full classical ensemble comprising of 20 musicians/vocalists has to be called quite unique and actually I'm not aware of any other band that could be compared to them. On the other hand that goes without saying is this high-contrast style using grunt vocals next to beautiful classical tunes of cellos, violins, clarinet, oboe and so on for sure not everybody's "cup of tea". I can imagine that this band cannot offer much enjoyable for people who are mainly into "conventional" Prog and favouring sheer beauty and harmony. But I've to say that I don't have a particular problem with the (admittedly) quite "awful" male vocals which might predominate here a bit more than on their first one since I prefer contrasts in my Prog. If they would be replaced by "normal" ones Haggard would sound quite similar to any other symphonic Prog or Neo-Prog band and then they would certainly lose attraction for me and the rest of their other fans. In addition to the first part of this concept they're making use here of a full classical choir. Lyrics (partly as narrations) are in three languages: Latin, German and English. Thus some people being only familiar with the latter one might have problems to follow them. In my view Haggard managed here very well to reflect life and music of this era garmented with a modern "metallic" sound and therefore I think this work deserves a rating of 4 stars. Not because it should be considered essential in Prog generally but because it should be appreciated as an excellent effort. Recommended to anyone with an open mind who doesn't mind some "hellish" sounding vocals.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#94997) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars As I wrote for their debut ""And Thou Shall Trust...", the most difficult achievement would be a confirmation of their talent. Their first album was rather innovative (at least I felt so) and mixed unmixable musical genres: from heavy metal to classic.

This one is no other. But the surprise is no longer the same. On top of this, there are too much choir on this one. The whole album sounds also over produced: to try to sound "rich" is not always the best you can handle. This work is a succession of short and uninspired songs till the title track takes place: " Awaking The Centuries" which is the sixth song featured...

But it is too much of a growling affair to my taste. The combination with short classical passages is not working very well, and the whole just collapses IMHHO. The first song which I could depict on par with their debut is "In A Fullmoon Procession" because it holds melodic female vocals, some medieval fantasy but it ends in some chaotic growling unfortunately.

Unlike their first release, the vocals are weak here: lots of growling while these ones were reduced to a background feature. I am NOT a fan of this type of "experiment". Six tracks out of twelve lasts for less than two minutes and are quite useless. Most of them do hold the "press next" attribute.

This is not a good album. I really wonder what went through their mind after their very good debut. This one sounds as a (bad) joke really. No fun at all. Uninventive. In one word: boring to death and somewhat painful for my ears.

"Awaking The Centuries" is quite a huge deception as far as I'm concerned. From a very creative start, the band quickly showed his limits. Let's hope that they'll wake up in future albums. This one rates quite low on my scale. From three out of ten, I'll upgrade it to two stars but no more.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248407) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

3 stars I agree with most of the comments which the previous reviewer, Peter Rideout, left about "Awaking The Centuries". Judging from their music and the professionally-made website www.haggard.de, HAGGARD is a very ambitious project indeed. Many of the band members play classical acoustic instrument ... (read more)

Report this review (#26697) | Posted by | Sunday, September 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Awaking the Centuries"