AWAKING THE CENTURIES

Haggard

Haggard Awaking the Centuries album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Rachmaninov: Choir (0:37)
2. Pestilencia (1:53)
3. Heavenly Damnation (2:58)
4. The Final Victory (3:35)
5. Saltorella La Manuelina (0:56)
6. Awaking The Centuries (9:33)
7. Statement zur Lage der Musica (1:18)
8. In A Fullmoon Procession (5:17)
9. Menuett (1:19)
10. (I) Prophecy Fulfilled / (II) And The Dark Night Entered (6:22)
11. Courante (1:11)
12. Rachmaninov: Choir (2:31)

Search HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries lyrics

- Ilka Mende / violin
- Fabian Schwarz / acoustic guitar
- New Moscow Radio Choir / chorus

Cd. Drakkar Records 007 / Cd. BGM Records 74321 72819

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
MZ Merle Haggard 1 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h
MZ Merle Haggard 2 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
MZ Merle Haggard 3 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Merle Haggard ~Sonny James ~Split LP~PLUS 45's & sleeves lot~ US $6.75 Buy It Now 1h 6m
MERLE HAGGARD - LAST OF THE BREED 2 x CD. EXCELLENT COND Willie Nelson Ray Price US $8.21 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Lot of 3 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $14.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Mama Tried/Pride In What I Am CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 1h 54m
HAGGARD merle/COUNTRY/fightin' side of me/NEW CD US $7.30 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Rare Lot of 2 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $29.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - At His Best CD US $11.12 Buy It Now 4h 13m
MERLE HAGGARD - THE BEST OF THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD [CAPITOL] - NEW CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Haggard - No Future (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Merle Haggard - Hag/Someday We'll Look Back [CD New] US $12.89 Buy It Now 5h 12m
MERLE HAGGARD - POET OF THE WORKING MAN - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.88 Buy It Now 5h 30m
MERLE HAGGARD - 10 GREAT SONGS [MERLE HAGGARD] - NEW CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Mama Tried by Haggard, Merle US $5.24 Buy It Now 6h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD / BUCK OWENS - CALIFORNIA COUNTRY NEW CD US $12.78 Buy It Now 6h 43m
GERMAN RELEASE RED RIVER VALLEY 5 cd CONWAY TWITTY/MERLE HAGGARD Readers Digest US $17.22 Buy It Now 6h 55m
MERLE HAGGARD----17 COUNTRY ALBUMS----HUGE COLLECTORS' LOT!!!!! US $129.99 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Collection of 5 vintage 45 RPM RECORDS COUNTRY MUSIC Merle Haggard Dolly Parton+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 45 "Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)" ~ w/Picture Sleeve US $4.49 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Noel Haggard One Lifetime Promo Single US $4.95 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Merle Haggard : The Peer Sessions CD (2011) US $4.98 Buy It Now 7h 38m
THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD - 33 RPM LP Record US $5.99 [0 bids]
KARAOKE DISC KJ TOOLS VOLUME 6 - CLINE, BROOKS, WILLIE, TRAVIS, TWITTY, HAGGARD US $3.95 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard My Farewell To Elvis LP vinyl record US $3.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard A Tribute to the Best Damn Fidler... Capital ST 638 SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 31m
LP: BEST OF THE BEST Merle Haggard (1972 Capitol) "Silver Wings","Hungry Eyes") US $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 38m
MERLE HAGGARD Okie From Muskogee - recorded live UK CD LP 1996 US $6.62 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Merle Haggard LP - "I'm a Lonesome Fugitive" ST2702 - PLAY GRADE VG/VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard and the Strangers SEALED LP record The Roots Of My Raising US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Haggard *GUITAR TABS* Lesson Software CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Merly Haggard Strangers Vinyl LP Record ST 2373 Capital Records US $10.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD "A FRIEND IN CALIFORNIA" LP VINYL US $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
MERLE HAGGARD "KERN RIVER" LP VINYL US $10.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Haggard Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + Free Bonuses US $8.46 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Country Life Merle Haggard Bobbie Gentry + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $5.80 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Legends Merle Haggard CD 22 Classics Buy 1 CD - get one free US $8.50 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Lot of 23 Merle Haggard cassette tapes.MINT Condition ALL! with Case-Logic case US $48.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - 5:01 Blues - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic 465184 1 US $14.91 Buy It Now 10h 44m
MERLE HAGGARD - Capitol Country Classics - Ex Con LP Record Capitol CAPS 1034 US $14.91 Buy It Now 10h 44m
MERLE HAGGARD - Chill Factor - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic 460783 1 US $14.91 Buy It Now 10h 44m
MERLE HAGGARD - Kern River - Excellent Condition LP Record Epic EPC 26432 US $14.91 Buy It Now 10h 45m
MERLE HAGGARD - The Great Merle Haggard Sings - Ex Con LP Record MFP 50392 US $9.92 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Merle Haggard - His Epic Hits: First Eleven to Be Continued (CD, Sep-1984, Epic) US $3.71 Buy It Now 10h 49m
2 MERLE HAGGARD Stickers Cut Vinyl Decal Branded Man Mama Tried Hungry Eyes US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Last of the Breed, Haggard, Merle, Price, Ray, Nels, New US $20.03 Buy It Now 11h 3m
RONCO PRESENTS COUNTRY FEVER COMP. WITH MERLE HAGGARD, MEL TILLIS LP RONCE2260 US $2.98 Buy It Now 11h 5m
Merle Haggard - 40 #1 Hits [CD New] US $17.00 Buy It Now 11h 12m
Merle Haggard - Hag-Studio Recordings 1968-1976 [CD New] US $222.50 Buy It Now 11h 13m
MERLE HAGGARD -(45)-THE ROOTS OF MY RAISING / THE WAY IT WAS IN '51-CAPITOL-1975 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
THREE (3) LP LOT ... MERLE HAGGARD ... VG/VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
MERLE HAGGARD / BONNIE O - That Makes 2 Of Us - 8-Track US $2.95 Buy It Now 11h 26m
MERLE HAGGARD ALL-TIME HAGGARD FAVORITES SEALED CASSETTE US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Super Hits, Vol. 3 by Merle Haggard (CD, Sep-1995, Epic (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH TRAINS LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MERLE HAGGARD-MY FAREWELL TO ELVIS PRESLEY-MCA-2314 NEW SEALED LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MERLE HAGGARD RAINBOW STEW LIVE SEALED CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Vintage 'Merle Haggard' His Epic Hits First 11; 33 1/3 Vinyl Record; Good Cond. US $6.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Broken Friend / Wouldn't That Be Something 45 rpm EPIC 34-73303 NM US $3.35 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Tribute to Merle Haggard Emmylou Harris Alabama Alan Jackson Willie Nelson CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Greatest Hits by Merle Haggard CD Okie from Muskogee Bottle let me down Workin US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
VG++ MERLE HAGGARD WE NEVER TOUCH AT ALL/MAN FROM ANOTHER TIME 1987 45 RPM EPIC US $2.98 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Merle Haggard Serving 100 Proof LP Record Vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Merle Haggard - The Collection [Madacy] 2CDs NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 5m
Sing Me Back Home - Merle Haggard (Cassette 1984) in NM US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 5m
HAGGARD AND THOU SHALT TRUST... THE SEER SEALED CD NEW 2013 US $5.76 Buy It Now 13h 6m
LOVE GONE WRONG-Merle Haggard-CONWAY TWITTY-Roy Acuff US $10.29 Buy It Now 13h 8m
MERLE HAGGARD I AM WHAT I AM US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Merle Haggard, His Best Audio CD US $11.74 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Merle Haggard Branded Man Picture Sleeve Only Capitol 5931 US $2.95 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Merle Haggard - I Take A Lot Of Pride In What I Am (CD) Holding Things Together US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 39m
1000 COUNTRY CDS wholesale lot NEW Lonestar,Haggard,Cash,Kendalls,Nelson,Twitty+ US $899.99 Buy It Now 13h 48m
Merle Haggard and the Strangers "I'm a Lonesome Fugitive" LP *ST 2702* VG to VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
THERION ( T-SHIRT ) Tristania Haggard After Forever Epica Sirenia Xandria US $27.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
Merle Haggard US $10.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD SUPER HITS BRAND NEW CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD WILLIE NELSON PONCHO AND LEFTY FE 37958 EPIC RECORD ALBUM COVER IN US $3.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON "Seashores Of Old Mex" LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 14m
MERLE HAGGARD**COMPLETE 1960S CAPITOL HITS**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 15h 37m
Greatest Hits by Merle Haggard (CD, Apr-1994, CEMA) Bakersfield Sound Country 3 US $6.25 [0 bids]
His Best [LP] by Merle Haggard (Vinyl, MCA Records USA) US $2.50 Buy It Now 16h 3m
MERLE HAGGARD - TODAY I STARTED LOVING YOU AGAIN NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 16h 4m
MERLE HAGGARD - SUPER HITS NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 16h 5m
Merle Haggard 8 Track Cartridge, "Hag" US $1.00 [0 bids]
EPIC RECORDS MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON "REASONS TO QUIT/HALF A MAN" 45 RPM US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 19m
WILLIE NELSON & MERLE HAGGARD Opportunity To Cry / Pancho & Lefty EPIC used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Merle Haggard 8 Track Cartridge, Songs For The Mama That Tried US $1.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard: That Makes Two of Us (vinyl, LP, EX); Mama Tried (no cover, VG+) US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
HAGGARD and thou shalt...ORIG 1997 SERENADES RE-alcest,agalloch,therion,arcturus US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 43m
JOHN STAR Tribute to MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON - CD US $13.72 Buy It Now 17h 13m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries ratings distribution

HAGGARD Awaking the Centuries reviews

Review by ProgLucky
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP The Founder of Progarchives.com
5 stars Hello, this is a true gothic-metal!!!...This cd is a MASTERPIECE of this genre!!!... All totaly music is perfect, the female voices, choirs, all atmospheres. Occasionally there are gruff vocals, which may inspire the attribution of "Death Metal." I love this band! If you like LACRIMOSA or\and THERION you will definitely love this band. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Thank HAGGARD...!

Send comments to ProgLucky (BETA) | Report this review (#26694) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 04, 2004

Review by Peter
2 stars I hesitated to write this review, because the CD was a gift, and I don't share the giver's high opinion of the content. They say one should "never look a gift horse in the mouth," but I did promise to review this album, so here goes....

First of all, this is a very ambitious project by a unique band. Haggard is composed of a metal band at its core, and is fleshed out by a classical/medieval ensemble. There are 20 members in all, not including guest musicians and choir! (Like ELP's overblown WORKS tour, this outfit must have quite the operating budget!) The concept behind AWAKING THE CENTURIES is the prophecy of the 16th-Century "seer" Nostradamus, and the juxtaposition here of metal and medieval music is not without merit. When the kettledrums and chainsaw guitars come thundering in on the pretty instrumental efforts of the "orchestra," the result fits well enough within the bounds of "prog."

What I really don't like about this disc, however, is that the bulk of the vocals are delivered by a guy (with a thick German accent -- that's not normally a problem for me) who is deliberately trying to sound like a demon (imagine Regan from "The Exorcist" in full possession-mode, or "Animal" from the Muppets at his most ornery). I suppose the effect is meant to be powerful and chilling, but for me it's just silly and irritating. (OK pal, I know you're not really a demon. Could you please stop ruining the songs, and either just sing in your real voice, or keep quiet?) Don't get me wrong -- there is some lovely music here. But of twelve tracks, six of the longest ones either feature the Hellish vocals, or are marred by histrionic narration atop the music. Hmmm, that leaves exactly 6 minutes 39 seconds of nice classical/medieval/choral music that I can get into -- why don't I just play one of my actual classical or medieval CDs instead?

This may well appeal to the tastes of some younger/angry listeners, but it's certainly not my "cup of chai." There's plenty of brutality and ugliness in this world already, and I can easily see it on the TV news; I don't need it to be oozing from my stereo speakers as well. (When I want to hear music about Nostradamus, I'll stick to Al Stewart's excellent song.) I crave more beauty and majesty in my progressive rock, and I'm only willing to wade through so much ugliness to experience it. There's simply too much of the latter, and not enough of the former, to make me give this album more than a two-star rating. Grow up, lose the "demon" and try some singing next time, Haggard, and make the great album that I know you can make!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#26695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Review by Marcelo
4 stars After the original "And Thou Shall Trust... the Seer", Haggard repeat his formula. Now, the impact isn't so strong because this album already haven't the originality founded in their previous work: it's like the second part of that. Perhaps, the little difference lies in the predominant baroque tunes over the medieval feeling, but we find again the pretty classical melodies mixtured with heavy moments, once again the growling male voice fighting with the beauty female, etc. Exactly the same vein, yes, and -what important!- the same high quality too. There's nothing new but, however, this is another brilliant album and, of course, deserves the same recommendation.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#26696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars Like their previous work this album is a concept one about Nostradamus' life and prophecies. Not much has changed in the presented music style here which is 16th century music combined with gothic/death metal. Certainly the way Haggard accomplish this blend by using a full classical ensemble comprising of 20 musicians/vocalists has to be called quite unique and actually I'm not aware of any other band that could be compared to them. On the other hand that goes without saying is this high-contrast style using grunt vocals next to beautiful classical tunes of cellos, violins, clarinet, oboe and so on for sure not everybody's "cup of tea". I can imagine that this band cannot offer much enjoyable for people who are mainly into "conventional" Prog and favouring sheer beauty and harmony. But I've to say that I don't have a particular problem with the (admittedly) quite "awful" male vocals which might predominate here a bit more than on their first one since I prefer contrasts in my Prog. If they would be replaced by "normal" ones Haggard would sound quite similar to any other symphonic Prog or Neo-Prog band and then they would certainly lose attraction for me and the rest of their other fans. In addition to the first part of this concept they're making use here of a full classical choir. Lyrics (partly as narrations) are in three languages: Latin, German and English. Thus some people being only familiar with the latter one might have problems to follow them. In my view Haggard managed here very well to reflect life and music of this era garmented with a modern "metallic" sound and therefore I think this work deserves a rating of 4 stars. Not because it should be considered essential in Prog generally but because it should be appreciated as an excellent effort. Recommended to anyone with an open mind who doesn't mind some "hellish" sounding vocals.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#94997) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars As I wrote for their debut ""And Thou Shall Trust...", the most difficult achievement would be a confirmation of their talent. Their first album was rather innovative (at least I felt so) and mixed unmixable musical genres: from heavy metal to classic.

This one is no other. But the surprise is no longer the same. On top of this, there are too much choir on this one. The whole album sounds also over produced: to try to sound "rich" is not always the best you can handle. This work is a succession of short and uninspired songs till the title track takes place: " Awaking The Centuries" which is the sixth song featured...

But it is too much of a growling affair to my taste. The combination with short classical passages is not working very well, and the whole just collapses IMHHO. The first song which I could depict on par with their debut is "In A Fullmoon Procession" because it holds melodic female vocals, some medieval fantasy but it ends in some chaotic growling unfortunately.

Unlike their first release, the vocals are weak here: lots of growling while these ones were reduced to a background feature. I am NOT a fan of this type of "experiment". Six tracks out of twelve lasts for less than two minutes and are quite useless. Most of them do hold the "press next" attribute.

This is not a good album. I really wonder what went through their mind after their very good debut. This one sounds as a (bad) joke really. No fun at all. Uninventive. In one word: boring to death and somewhat painful for my ears.

"Awaking The Centuries" is quite a huge deception as far as I'm concerned. From a very creative start, the band quickly showed his limits. Let's hope that they'll wake up in future albums. This one rates quite low on my scale. From three out of ten, I'll upgrade it to two stars but no more.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248407) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

3 stars I agree with most of the comments which the previous reviewer, Peter Rideout, left about "Awaking The Centuries". Judging from their music and the professionally-made website www.haggard.de, HAGGARD is a very ambitious project indeed. Many of the band members play classical acoustic instrument ... (read more)

Report this review (#26697) | Posted by | Sunday, September 26, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Awaking the Centuries"